PDA

View Full Version : custom Item set as uniform?

Jgosse
2014-04-11, 04:32 AM
In the current campaign I am Running (I am the DM) I am considering using a homemade Item set for an organization of NPCs. The first character to have this will be a 9th level cloistered cleric+ favored soul Gestalt with double slandered npc wealth. The thing is I want the items to be useful right up through the game for a variety of characters and different levels, but not useable by my party.I am thinking of using the fleet warrior's array as a starting point and just expanding on that. I am thinking of including a negative effect for people who do not meet the requirements to be in this organization.
So I guess what I am asking is :
1 Is it unrealistic to have this uniform magic Item set?
2 what kind of items/abilities should I give the rest of this set?
3 Is it a good idea to add in the negative effect, and what should it be?

As one last note the 6th Item will only be for the 3 leaders and there for be used by 18th-20th level characters.

Jgosse
2014-04-19, 06:29 AM
Resurrecting this as I never got a response after and I am still wondering if this is a good Idea and how I might go about it.Hope I am not breaking some rule about resurrection.

The Insanity
2014-04-19, 06:40 AM
It's good and not unrealistic.

Barbarian Horde
2014-04-19, 03:47 PM
Sentai outfit is what comes to mind. Give some bonus to intimidation. Maybe negative to sense motive. Greater teleportation. Pyrotechnics.. maybe hire a bard to play a theme song for your character. Get the cohort. See if you can get freedom of movement Maybe bear's strength. While in uniform you should make perform checks.http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/green-power-ranger-cm-punk.jpg

Jgosse
2014-04-19, 04:26 PM
Sentai outfit is what comes to mind. Give some bonus to intimidation. Maybe negative to sense motive. Greater teleportation. Pyrotechnics.. maybe hire a bard to play a theme song for your character. Get the cohort. See if you can get freedom of movement Maybe bear's strength. While in uniform you should make perform checks.http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/green-power-ranger-cm-punk.jpg

Not what I was thinking at all. I was picturing more like a coalition of knights or some such. I need something that will be useful with arcane ,divine, or melee. extra moment speed,Extra actions, bonus to Cha based skill checks will be good for this set of NPCs.