PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with a Pokemon trainer summoner

Recherché
2014-04-11, 01:34 PM
For an upcoming joke game I want to make a summoner who's a complete ripoff ... er heavily inspired by the Pokemon games. His name is Red and he's from the Minkai region. What I'm looking for help with playground is inspiration for the eidolon and refluffing summons. The game should be going from level 2-10 and most archetypes are banned. What I'm mostly stuck on is what I want the eidolon to be and it's evolutions though I'm also okay with changing pokemon every few level ups (read radically rebuilding the eidolon.) Help?

Starbuck_II
2014-04-11, 02:49 PM
For an upcoming joke game I want to make a summoner who's a complete ripoff ... er heavily inspired by the Pokemon games. His name is Red and he's from the Minkai region. What I'm looking for help with playground is inspiration for the eidolon and refluffing summons. The game should be going from level 2-10 and most archetypes are banned. What I'm mostly stuck on is what I want the eidolon to be and it's evolutions though I'm also okay with changing pokemon every few level ups (read radically rebuilding the eidolon.) Help?

Well, which is your starter Pokémon?

For summons:
1st:
Dire Rat (Raticate)
Dog: Furfrou, Poochyena, liilipup
Eagle: Piggey
Fire Beetle: Larvesta
Viper: Seviper, Ekans, Dunscarce,
Poison Frog: Froakie, Tympole
Pony: Ponyta, Keldeo

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=0&redirs=1&profile=default&search=pony

Just search different animals

Windstorm
2014-04-11, 06:13 PM
this has been the subject of an older thread, but search has yielded nothing so I will attempt to write what I can remember. all the following should be treated as "best I can remember"

first step is to get your DM to allow you to take evolutionist or broodmaster depending on your flavor, evolutionist seems to work the best. if you need to throw them a bone, tell them your basic character concept and that you don't plan to actually fight yourself, that's the eidolon's job (the trainer doesn't fight after all!), life link is an ok substitute you can fluff as cheering the eidolon to push beyond its limits.

second step is to figure out as many possible ways to augment summons with unusual features as you can. easier in 3.5 than PF, mostly feat choices.

Waker
2014-04-11, 08:58 PM
While I understand the appeal of the Summoner class for emulating the Pokemon Master, I personally think that the Preservationist Alchemist fits the appearance a bit better. You throw bottles that expel an animal when ruptured. The Planar Preservationist feat expands on the creatures available to summon.

Keneth
2014-04-11, 08:58 PM
Why a summoner when pokemon trainers are clearly preservationists (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/preservationist)? :smallconfused:

Edit: Swordsaged by a few seconds.

Recherché
2014-04-12, 01:58 AM
Remember how I said that the GM doesn't like archetypes? Preservationist and Broodmaster are definitely out though I could probably argue for Evolutionist. As for what my eidolon would be, Pikachu would probably be the most iconic though I have an abiding love for the Empoleon and Eeve lines. However neither of them ever get flight which seems like a good thing to have.

Keneth
2014-04-12, 08:22 AM
If your GM doesn't like archetypes, he's playing the wrong game. :smallannoyed: