PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help App to add lines to a Google map in android?

gomipile
2014-04-11, 03:38 PM
I am planning a hike on private property. I have explicit permission to be on the property I plan to hike on, and I am explicitly prohibited from stepping on a particular adjacent property.

I have 3 longitude/latitude coordinates that specify a two segment path that is the border between these two properties. I need a way to display that path and my current position in real time on a GPS-enabled Google satellite map on an Android 4.x device (Both on a tablet and on a smartphone actually. I like having a backup.)

I've spent about 45 minutes on Google looking for an app to do this, and all I've found is how to code this using the Google Maps API. I'm not an app developer, so that doesn't help me much since I need a solution within a few days.

Would someone here please point me to an Android app that lets me draw lines on a Goolge map given longitude/latitude coordinates for the endpoints?

Thebeetle
2014-04-19, 12:22 PM
My dad is a map geek who primarily uses a ten dollar android app called "backcountry navigator" but what he can help set up can be applied to google maps too. He and I will write up some instructions on how to do this and give the link under this post. Happy mapping!

loui
2016-03-21, 01:01 PM
Did you try an app like "myland pro" from play store?

gomipile
2016-03-21, 10:05 PM
Did you try an app like "myland pro" from play store?

I just looked at that particular app, and its Play page raised a few red flags. I'll keep looking.

factotum
2016-03-22, 03:02 AM
I'll keep looking.

You've been looking for nearly two years now, judging by the date of this thread! You could probably have written your own app in that time. :smalltongue:

loui
2016-03-22, 04:40 AM
its Play page raised a few red flags.

Why is that?

gomipile
2016-03-22, 05:23 AM
Why is that?

Only one download, two ratings, no reviews. And a relatively poorly translated description. Also, despite only having one sale so far, it was discounted.