PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Voltron! Synthesist Build

grarrrg
2014-04-11, 07:21 PM
VOLTRON!

Basics:
Race will be Catfolk ("Lionfolk"), with the Claws racial Trait.
The 'normal' character will represent one of the Lions. Typical combat starts by _not_ wearing the Eidolon-Suit. Combat will start by casting Enlarge Person on self.
When Voltron is needed, Summon Eidolon is cast (Enlarge Person will still be in effect, which combined with Large/Huge evolutions can jump you all the way to Gargantuan).

So "pilot" is normal, no Eidolon Suit, fight with suitable weapon.
Single-Lion will be 'pilot'+Enlarge Person, fights with Claws.
Voltron is Eidolon Suit+Enlarge Person, fight with...well...you know...

Biped base form, for obvious reasons.
Eidolon is required to look like a giant Biped-Construct-Lion

Technically Voltron would probably have Bite attacks on the arms/legs, but to do so with an Eidolon would require buying Extra Heads at 2 Evo points a piece, and THEN adding a Bite attack for another 1. So we'll just reflavor Claws as being Bites instead, MUCH cheaper. One of the Claws is free (Biped) the other costs 1 Evo.

Large is a gimmie, 4 Evo Points. If/when we can afford it Huge will be prefered (10 points).

Need to add Magical Flight, this costs at least 4 Evo Points, possibly more if we want to increase speed.

Breath Weapon (combined with Spells) will represent some of the various Rays and such, it costs 4 points to get a 1/day use, but only 2 more points to bump that up to 3/day.

Up to 21 Evolution points, which is at least level 16. We could take the Extra Evolution feat a few times for more wiggle room.

Will also be carrying a few weapons, a Lariat (whip), and a Spear of some kind.

But the real kicker will be the Sword.
First, you'd have to get DM permission for a Glove of Storing to be able to hold more than 20lbs.
Then, get a suitably sized Great Sword, with the Flaming enchantment (anything else is fine, but it MUST have Flaming.
Keep the Sword stored in the Glove most of the time. You are not allowed to use it unless it is for a finishing move, or things "get desperate".
When needed, yell "FORM BLAZING SWORD" pop the sword out of the Glove, and proceed to KICK-***!

Thoughts? Additions? Other 80's icon requests?

Vedhin
2014-04-11, 07:50 PM
Other 80's icon requests?

Can you build the Constructicons? The ability to form Devastator is a must, but liberties may be taken with vehicle modes.

I have no idea how one would do this, but your ability to make Voltron has convinced be of your awesomeness.

Blyte
2014-04-12, 04:52 PM
totally not in the rules, but I'd suggest having a DM allow you to make a broodmaster summoner, who can fuse them all together to shift you into a synthesist summoner.

make 5 kitten eidolons, who form a large sized lion eidolon for their multi-form ability.

you could also get the DM to give them the clockwork CR+0 template.

or make the cats look furry, so when they fuse with the pilot it first looks like someone fell victim to a gang of feral cats.

if you go for the clockwork kittens, bonus points for having tiny indigenous nano mice operating them, repair them and perform diagnostics.

malonkey1
2014-04-12, 11:16 PM
Thoughts? Additions? Other 80's icon requests?

Jem and the Holograms.

grarrrg
2014-04-13, 10:12 PM
totally not in the rules, but I'd suggest having a DM allow you to make a broodmaster summoner, who can fuse them all together to shift you into a synthesist summoner.

make 5 kitten eidolons, who form a large sized lion eidolon for their multi-form ability.

This ^ is more or less my answer to this V

Can you build the Constructicons? The ability to form Devastator is a must, but liberties may be taken with vehicle modes.

I have no idea how one would do this, but your ability to make Voltron has convinced be of your awesomeness.

And going back to the first build, I looked up the stats on Voltron.
Voltron is about 200ft. tall. This puts him/it in roughly the "Colossal+1" category (note: not a real category). And the individual lions into the Colossal category.
Eidolon's can only reach Gargantuan at best so...yeah...
But anywho...even going with Gargantuan as Voltron, then the Lion size should really be Huge, but that doesn't work very well mechanically with how the Large/Huge evolution and Enlarge Person work, so I'm rating my original assessment at "Eh, close enough".

Jem and the Holograms.

Never watched the show. But I'd assume Jem would be a Bard focused on Illusions (the 'Image' spells, mostly 'Major Image' and up).