PDA

View Full Version : E6 Druid Spells Vs. The Undead

Deaxsa
2014-04-11, 10:13 PM
Any gems in particular? i'm making a character with druid casting (currently 4th level), and am probably going to be going up against undead soon. Note that this is an aquatic campaign, so kelpstrand is (reliably)more powerful than normal. This is also 3.5

NoACWarrior
2014-04-12, 12:50 AM
Any gems in particular? i'm making a character with druid casting (currently 4th level), and am probably going to be going up against undead soon. Note that this is an aquatic campaign, so kelpstrand is (reliably)more powerful than normal. This is also 3.5

Ah shoot - was going to suggest the various fire spells such as flaming sphere, produce flame, and flame blade.

In any case if you want to go with weapons instead (spells underwater can be a hassle to deal with) pick up bramble.
For your area nukes / energy types, fire is normally the best type vs undead, with cold being the worst. Electricity / Acid / Sonic arn't bad, but I doubt Acid would work underwater, and Sonic having different effects underwater (if you have a very real world rules kind of DM).

The only issue - druids don't get a strong lvl 2 lighting spell.

I'd instead go with something like Pressure sphere from stormwrack, and use the brambles as best you can.

Make sure to pick up an animal companion who is aquatic.

Edit: Forgot to add - you might want to go the summoning route instead of nuking.

Forrestfire
2014-04-12, 12:55 AM
Bone Talisman (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a). 2nd-level spell, lets you have a one-use turn undead as a cleric of your caster level. Get some bones and apply an Unguent of Timelessness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#unguentofTimelessness) to them, then build up a stock of Turn Undead talismans, which will last a bit over 60 hours per caster level.

Deaxsa
2014-04-12, 08:55 AM
Ah shoot - was going to suggest the various fire spells such as flaming sphere, produce flame, and flame blade.

In any case if you want to go with weapons instead (spells underwater can be a hassle to deal with) pick up bramble.
For your area nukes / energy types, fire is normally the best type vs undead, with cold being the worst. Electricity / Acid / Sonic arn't bad, but I doubt Acid would work underwater, and Sonic having different effects underwater (if you have a very real world rules kind of DM).

The only issue - druids don't get a strong lvl 2 lighting spell.

I'd instead go with something like Pressure sphere from stormwrack, and use the brambles as best you can.

Make sure to pick up an animal companion who is aquatic.

Edit: Forgot to add - you might want to go the summoning route instead of nuking.

Not AQUATIC aquatic. Like, a pirate campaign. so yea, fire damage still works. however, all i'm aware of is produce flame, and that's a bit subpar (I mean, except for the "a new set appears in your hand" bit. that part is awesome.)

Also, REALLY like the Bone Talisman idea. we'll see about it though, as i'd have to level first. Also i don't think i'd want to use that, due to optimization vs. the rest of the party. (I mean, suddenly i can Turn Undead as a cleric, only limited by how many times i can cast a spell? This on a character who can already skillmonkey, do respectable ranged damage, and has a natural poison with a pretty darn respectable DC?)