PDA

View Full Version : ABF:BtOS - Child of Knowledge

bunnygirl
2014-04-11, 11:21 PM
Child of Knowledge

In a room made of grey stone, you are sitting at a table and surrounded by books and yellowy paper scrolls that disappear over and onto the floor. The air occasionally flits with dust and curious particles. With your hand curled beneath your chin, your eyes pour over the materials, studying some kind of knowledge that seems to have you interested. Some of it is new, some of it is old, but it’s everything you understand to be magic and of the unknown. You feel a sense of peace of mind, practicing what you do best.

Then, there is ray of light dances over your eyes, blinding you momentarily. You blink your eyes, fighting the light away. You turn your head over your shoulder and your gaze is led to a great wide window in the wall that you’ve never noticed before, yet somehow you know it’s your window to showing you a wondrous new world beyond…

The sunlight from the sky on the other side fills the room like water cascading into a cavern, and everything disappears in a wave of whiteness and washes you away, sending your mind back where you came from...

And then, you awaken.

Take this moment to consider where your character is in the world at the time he or she wakes up. Your character could still be at home, or entirely somewhere else. I am allowing you to decide the location, what kind of conditions your character will begin at, and what he or she could be doing. If you have any questions, PM me or poke me in the OOC thread. And now, it’s time to let loose into Gaia!

Techno Magician
2014-04-12, 10:07 AM
Pascal awoke to darkness, turning her head to look for the window she quickly lifted her hand to her face. Feeling the scars that covered her eyes she remembered to focus outward - vision popped into her mind in an instant, and she saw herself sitting up in a worn out mattress pushed into the corner of a small rustic room. As she stood up she looked over her 19 year old self, she saw a little over 5' tall had a small build and shoulder length red hair. The scar over her eyes was still quite pronounced but it was fading towards the color of her skin slowly, it had only been a few weeks since the accident after all.

Walking over to the corner of the room where a small table and chair sat she picked up her belt and pouch from the back of the chair, quickly attaching the two around her waist before grabbing her long coat off the table. Turning toward her point of view she held out her hand and the small bird whose eyes she saw from flew from the corner of her room landing upon her out stretched arm. Placing the small bird upon her shoulder she exited through the door of her room.

Walking down the stairs the bird hid itself within the folds of her long coat - to most it would appear to be an innocuous pet - but, however unlikely some might realize it for what it truly is - a homunculus - the creation of a mage. As she reached the bottom of the stairs she turned to the side where a small bar lay with a man behind it serving food and talking to some patrons.

As she approached the bar, the man - probably in his mid 40s - turned toward her "Ah good morning, want some soup? no meat in it unfortunately". Pascal smiled as she went to sit down on the stool stumbling slightly - while she did have vision, it was from the shoulder and half obscured by her clothing and this was much different from how she had lived up until now. It made her think back towards the dream she had earlier, she had vision in the dream... she wondered if she would ever be able to recover her original vision, after all sacrificial magic tended to have to heal over time - healing magic having little to no affect on the recovery of such wounds. Pascal noticed the man at the bar looked kind of worried, suddenly she realized her hand was resting over her scarred eyes - flinching her hand back down to her side she smiled towards the man "That would be great" she responded.

The man was the owner of the establishment - an inn in the countryside, about a week out of Archangle the capital city of The Holy Empire. He was a very nice man who offered to allow Pascal to stay for free when he found she was penniless. It was harder to acquire money than she thought, not that she had ever had a job before. Though being blind or at least appearing blind probably didn't help with the task. She would have to say goodbye to the innkeeper soon, she had been searching for rumors of any sort of mages guild and finally she might have something. It was just the smallest rumor but about a week of travel away there may be something - just some news of unnatural things happening but that could easily mean mages. She would have to be careful of the inquisition though as she was still so close to Archangle.

Before leaving she thanked the innkeeper for all his kindness, who even gave her a few days worth of food before she left. As Pascal walked outside the front door of the inn a second bird took off from the roof, and her vision changed to an aerial one. Pascal took in a breath of fresh air and started off on her journey down the road, perhaps there will be a wagon on the way to give her a lift she thought.

bunnygirl
2014-04-12, 07:12 PM
With an eye in the sky, Pascal's mind will receive images of open, grassy plains, rolling hills, and the greenest woods and forests, and a horizon lined with white mountains. Abel is a peaceful, majestic land and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a long while. It is said by those who have traveled in Abel often speak of how safe it's roads are, especially the road that follows alongside Zafir River, the busiest commercial route from Archangel to the ports and to the rest of Gaia. Traffic consisting of carts, travelers, and soldiers is usually commonplace.

The sounds of hooves trampling dirt will coincide with the bird's eye view of a person and a dog on a horse-drawn wagon. The contents of the wagon is covered in a large white sheet.

"Hi, there! You look like you could use a friend with a ride!"

A small young woman with a pair of boots that look too big for her feet pulls up beside Pascal. Her companion, a friendly, over-sized golden retriever dangles it's pink, wet tongue in the air and looks on with it's beady black eyes.

"Going to the Empire, too?"

"Woof!"

Techno Magician
2014-04-12, 10:33 PM
Pascal turned towards the young lady smiling with an open grin, "A friend would be a pleasant addition to my travels, more than the ride in fact, it is so easy to get lost in these parts after all" she said with a laugh. Pascal turned towards where the golden dog sat and reached out her hand to pet the dog upon the head.

"I'm headed to Redmill myself, a lift would be well appreciated if your headed in that direction" Pascal said as she ruffled the dogs fur. Turning towards the wagon Pascal reached out carefully grabbing at the edge "So this guy your only travel companion?" she asked inquisitively?

bunnygirl
2014-04-12, 11:50 PM
"Why, yes, he is! His name is Alfred."

"Woof!"

"My name is Emila. Oh, and Alfred says hi."

When Pascal talks about going to a place called Redmill, "Redmill?" The lady wiggles her nose at the air idly. "Oh! Do you mean Good Rest?" Squealing in laughter, she slaps her hand across the mage's back. "Hardy-har-har!" Once she calmed down, she explains, "Good Rest is actually a little north of a way from the capital of the Empire!"

In the meanwhile, Alfred seems to be interested in something that smells interesting inside Pascal's clothing. A dog knows when the nose doesn't lie!

"I can take you to the capital, but after that, I'm afraid you are on your own."

Techno Magician
2014-04-14, 07:49 AM
Pascal wasn't sure about heading into Archangel, it may be a faster route but probably more dangerous. "Thanks, I might drop off right before we enter though, the hustle of a big city can be a bit trying. Do you know of a good detour I could take?". Looking down at Alfred "Oh and it seems we might need to stop for lunch soon" petting him to detract his attention from the food she was carrying.

bunnygirl
2014-04-14, 09:12 AM
"If you are looking for a detour, my only suggestion is probably to cut yourself a path north right now towards Leazhar, and then to Good Rest. It will take you off the main road, but it sounds like you're not interested in passing by the capital, are you?"

In case you need some clarification, Pascal will still require to pass by at least one city before reaching Good Rest. So it's either cut north right now to Leazhar, or stay in the main road to Archangel. :D

Techno Magician
2014-04-14, 01:10 PM
"I would just prefer to stay away from any large cities, I find people in smaller locals to be much more accommodating and willing to lend a hand to those in need. Now the deeper question, is it worth giving up a comfy ride and good company?" Pascal said with a laugh. "I'm sure the large city will be fine, I grew up there after all." Pascal planned to jump off before they got deep into the city and head to the north end through the low town, staying far away from any of the upper districts. Hopefully they hadn't identified her as part of the raid on the guild. She didn't know of any wanted signs or bounties on her head anyways, and it had already been over half a month.

RdMarquis
2014-04-14, 04:03 PM
The Empire is the heart of the Old Continent, and the Archangel is the heart of the Empire. Grand, heavily populated, and almost overwhelmingly large, the city reflects its importance to the nation as capital and home to the Empress herself. Bustling marketplaces share space with opulent palaces. And people of every description can be found walking the teeming streets. But the most prominent sight in the capital is the city's guardian, an immense angel perched atop a similarly massive marble column.

As Emilia's wagon passes one of the gates, she can't resist staring at the sights. "So, where did you want me to let you off?" She tugs on the reins and brings the horses to a slower pace.

bunnygirl
2014-04-14, 05:20 PM
Pascal and Jakri on Emila's Wagon >> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342093-ABF-BtOS-Pascal-and-Jakri-on-Emila-s-Wagon)

Link! :D