PDA

View Full Version : Psionics in Order of the Stick?

Enlong
2007-02-06, 05:05 PM
Do you think psionics will make an appearence in the comic? Like, even as a bit character for a joke? In the "Lizard Vaarsivius" arc, Roy does make a passing reference to the Psion class, so I was thinking it could be a possibility.

EmeraldFire
2007-02-06, 05:10 PM
I believe we got a brief glimpse of one in Origins.

F.H. Zebedee
2007-02-06, 05:10 PM
This has been mentioned several times. In the Origins book, Roy talks with one while recruiting. And there was that gag. There might be more appearances of them, but I doubt any psions will major roles.

EDIT: NINJA'D! >_<

Green Bean
2007-02-06, 05:16 PM
Of course there won't be any psionics. The Royal Council of Psychics and Allied Trades has decreed that all members must keep at least 500 miles away from the Order at all times, in response to the time a high level telepath got too close to Belkar, and was last seen trying to gouge his eyes out with one of his own ribs.

Pantler
2007-02-06, 05:17 PM
Darn, I don't know, but would sure hope so. By the way, we have seen one NPC who is quite clearly psionic - he's got the Green Crawling Tattoo of Hot Chick (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0357.html)!

Threeshades
2007-02-06, 05:18 PM
Aren't Mindflayers psionic too? And there was one in the first story arc

Kreistor
2007-02-06, 05:23 PM
It depends on what rules you're operating by, Three. If you don't use the eXpanded Psionics Handbook, Mind Flayer are psionic in name only -- their abilities are just spell-like abilities.

If you use the XPH, then Mind Flayers are rewritten with Psionic-like abilities.