PDA

View Full Version : Chase's Hideout

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 06:47 PM
((Sorry I didn't put this up earlier, I checked when I woke up this morning and it seemed you were busy with zombies. Then I had to go to school, and now I'm back. Show up whenever you're ready.))

On the edge of the slums, what appears to be an unoccupied warehouse sits, covered in rust and looking extremely disused. Hidden cameras observe the exterior from several places.

Inside, it is obvious that it has been converted into a rather spartan place of residence. A bed sits against one wall, next to a large metal chest. On the wall is a gun rack, on which two assault rifles are currently resting. On a table in the middle of the room, clips for assorted weapons are laid out, in addition to a disassembled sniper rifle. A shower stall and a small sink are against the other wall, next to a cupboard, refrigerator, and microwave.

In the middle of the table is a small TV, displaying the feeds from the cameras, and an electronic device about the same size as the TV. The device hums slightly as it emits phasewaves making it impossible to teleport directly into the building by most means, or to open gates to other planes within the building.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 06:49 PM
Sitting at the table cleaning his sniper rifle, Chase hums to himself as he works. A loaded Streetsweeper shotgun rests on the table as well.

Polishing the barrel, Chase softly sings to himself a line of the song he has been humming.
"...these are a few of my favorite things..."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 07:52 PM
Iames appears outside the doors and fires a disintegration ray at them.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 07:54 PM
In the middle of the table is a small TV, displaying the feeds from the cameras, and an electronic device about the same size as the TV. The device hums slightly as it emits phasewaves making it impossible to teleport directly into the building by most means, or to open gates to other planes within the building.

((Unless I misunderstand the way Iames gets from place to place, you're going to have to appear outside and walk in.))

((EDIT: We're going to have to put this on pause for about 45 minutes anyway--I have to go for a little bit, but I'll be back.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 08:06 PM
((Oh, oops. That's what I get for not reading the OP carefully enough. Will edit))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 08:51 PM
((Okay, that works. Still not one for subtlety, I see.))

As soon as the door vanishes to powder, Chase jumps up from the table, grabbing the Streetsweeper and firing off two shots into the doorway. A buzzing noise is heard as the 12-gauge shotgun fires off bunches of flechettes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCIMTR) into the doorway. Immediately backpedaling, he snaps up a remote from the table in his left hand and races towards the rear of the warehouse, hitting a button on the remote as he does so.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:07 PM
The flechettes hit Iames and go through. Blood gushes from several wounds n the brief span of time between their infliction and the violet glow of Iames's eyes that heals the injuries. William Chase. You delivered the poisoned letter responsibe for the death of my fiance. For that, you must pay. He follows Chase at incredible speed, overtaking him and stopping directly in front of him. You cannot escape. But there are some things I need to know.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:14 PM
A couple of well armed balors appear in front of the building and come storming in.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 09:15 PM
Stopping quickly when it is clear Iames is in front of him, Chase levels the shotgun at Iames but does not fire. Taking a small step back, he narrows his eyes and keeps his finger on the trigger.

"It is true that I am responsible for the death of the late Chief of Police, though it wasn't anything personal, if that makes you feel better. What do you want to know?"

When the Balors enter, he glances over at them and shifts his stance so that he can see both the Balors and Iames at once.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:18 PM
The balors continue their stampede, straight at Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:18 PM
Who hired you to do it, for one thing. Iames sends a pair of disintegration rays over Chase's shoulder at the TV and the humming box on the table.

To the balors: If you really think yourselves a match for me, come right ahead.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 09:26 PM
Chase smiles. "An excellent question. To tell you the truth, I actually don't know myself. It appears, however, that you might start by asking them." He nods his head towards the Balors. "As such, it doesn't appear that you need me for much, and I'm sure you have a lot to talk about with them."

He suddenly dives away from Iames, shouting "Now!"

Before he touches the ground, the metal chest near the bed pops open, and out springs a gattling gun, which immediately targets Iames and begins to unleash 3,000 rounds per minute of 5.56 depleted-uranium core AP ammunition at him.

Chase begins to crawl quickly towards the exit.

((I've unfortunately got to leave the computer for about half an hour. Resolve things amongst yourselves, or just put all this on pause until I'm back. Your call.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:31 PM
The balors run towards Chase in an attempt to cleave him in half while he is prone.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:35 PM
Iames's eyes flash violet, and a wall of ectoplasm springs into being between him and the gatling gun. Of the bullets in the initial burst, some ricochet off the double-layered forcefields protecting him; others are deflected for no apparent reason, and others he dodges, but it's not enough; the burst tears into him, and he bleeds heavily before his eyes go green and focused, and the wounds heal a bit. A flash of yellow light from his eyes, and a gate opens beside him, and a squad of 6 balors pours out of it before it vanishes. The demons take defensive positions in front of Iames.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 09:46 PM
Turning onto his back, Chase pushes himself upright with his left arm, firing off two more of the flechette rounds from the shotgun at the lead balor.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:52 PM
((I'll give DM a chance to react to that))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:52 PM
The bullets hit, but the balor is only slowed down a tiny bit, moments later both the balors are in the air, jumping to strike you with their weapons.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:54 PM
((3? You said there were only 2))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:55 PM
((Whoops, it's late xD ))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 09:58 PM
Iames's eyes glow yellow, and he attempts to telekinetically seize the balors in midair.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 09:59 PM
One of the balors in stopped and falls down, landing on his feet, the other still continues his strike.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:01 PM
Chase fires his weapon once more before rolling to the side, still attempting to regain his feet. He drops the clearly useless shotgun.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:05 PM
This time the bullets have even less impact and the balor finishes his strike, while the other grabs a scroll from his belt.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:09 PM
Iames frowns and attempts a psychic crush (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicCrush.htm) on each balor. He also tries to envelop Chase and both Balors in individual cocoons of ectoplasm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/ectoplasmicCocoonMass.htm).

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:12 PM
The balors are obviously hurt by the spell, but not dead, they are to large for the cocoons so the spell fails, the balor with the scroll finishes his spell and blurs out, to be found on the other side of the room casting a barrage of rays at Chase, also an observant magic user would notice several delayed fireball blasts around Chase.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:15 PM
The balor's vorpal greatsword nicks Chase on the side of the head, and he gets up, slightly stunned from the force of the blow. Holding one hand to the bleeding side of his head, he reaches into his shirt with his right hand and draws a gun from his shoulder holster.

The gun was a special model, a Taurus Raging Bull Ultra. The expertly made black revolver had a blued finish and a red wooden insert into the grip. Steadying his grip with his other hand, he aims for the eyes of the lead balor and fires a .50 Beowulf round. The hot-loaded round was as powerful as he could fire accurately, and could put more force into an opponent at 100 yards than a 12-guage shotgun at point-blank range.

The cocoon of ectoplasm envelops Chase just after he fires, and he is trapped inside.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:17 PM
((errr, he doesn't wield a vorpal greatsword))

The balor dodges and continues his assault.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:18 PM
((Oh, sorry. I only have the 3.0 MM, and I checked there to see what they had, and it said balors have +1 vorpal greatswords.))

AmberVael
2007-02-06, 10:18 PM
((The cocoons can be, and most likely were, augmented to capture a creature of the Balor's size.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:20 PM
((I don't know what they usually have, but Tinderhall equips them with custom mades, Verdandi, I didn't want them to get caught in it and that was the easiest way to do it, so don't go all smart on me :P ))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:21 PM
((I don't know what they usually have, but Tinderhall equips them with custom mades, Verdandi, I didn't want them to get caught in it and that was the easiest way to do it, so don't go all smart on me :P ))

Oh, okay. He's inside the cocoon anyways now.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:22 PM
((How does one get rid of those things, dispelling?))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:23 PM
((DiIK. Ask Iames.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:24 PM
((Well I figure he'll read it :P ))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:26 PM
((Why don't you try and find out?))

Iames targets the opposing Balors with a trio of psionic dominates (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/dominatePsionic.htm), each manifestation augmented to affect 2 outsiders and last 1 day per ML.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:27 PM
((Trio? Chase is in the cocoon, so I don't see why you bother.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:28 PM
((Well they aren't going to do it anyway, I was just wondering))

The two balors drop to their knees as they try to resist the domination and shift out.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:28 PM
((No, he's manifesting it 3 times simultaneously, targeting the 2 balors each time))

Iames fills the room with a dimensional lock effect.

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:30 PM
((In case it doesn't work the other two times?))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:31 PM
((Exactly))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:31 PM
Their rings of instant escape glow up and they shift despite the dimensional lock.

((I think they were called like that, they allow an owner to ignore spells like dimensional lock once per day))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:34 PM
Iames scowls, then turns his attention to the cocooned Chase and approaches it. He manifests a triple-mind probe (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindProbe.htm).

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:38 PM
((Assuming you're searching specifically for memories relating to the assassination.))

[He had just arrived in the Town, and was checking out a place rumored to be an assassin's shop, when a sack of platinum pieces, with a note attached, appeared in the street. He picked it up, and the note requested a hit on Verdandi. A few days later, he went back to the assassin's shop, bought black lotus extract, wrote a letter, applied the poison, and dropped it off at the police station by sliding it under the door. Then he went back to his hideout.]

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:43 PM
Iames asks What happened to the note?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:44 PM
((So no telling me how to get rid of those cocoon thingy's?))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:46 PM
[Burned it. Unprofessional to leave evidence like that lying around.]

Hmm. Apparently text in brackets doesn't count.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 10:54 PM
((No, I'm not. :smalltongue:))

Iames sends a jolt through Chase's pain centers. Where are the note's remains?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-06, 10:57 PM
(( That is very not nice of you, I fart in your general direction! ))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 10:58 PM
Chase is starting to get more control over his responses.

[Now, now. There's no need to get hasty here. As for the note's remains, I washed the ashes down the drain of the sink.]

((I actually just realized I didn't put a sink or anything like that in the hideout. I'm off to edit the OP, then.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 11:04 PM
(( That is very not nice of you, I fart in your general direction! ))

((Iames the Dark is CE. He's not a very nice person.))

Fine. Where is the platinum?

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 11:18 PM
[Pocket.]

obligatory extra text

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-06, 11:20 PM
Iames continues only one mind probe effect and manifests a double psionic dominate on Chase, to last 1 day.

Assuming that one of the ominates succeeds, he then dispels the cocoon.

((You know, if you plan on going suddenly offline, warnings would be appreciated in the future.))

J_Muller
2007-02-06, 11:41 PM
((Twenty minutes. All of twenty minutes I don't check the thread, and you're on my case.))

Coming out of the cocoon, Chase shakes himself off and stretches, keeping his eyes on Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 12:02 AM
((:smallyuk:))

Give me one of the platinum pieces.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 12:07 AM
((Meanie... :smallwink:))

Grudgingly, Chase obeys the psionic dominate and reaches into his pocket, handing over one of the platinum coins.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 12:12 AM
Iames takes it and manifests object reading.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 12:13 AM
((Well, it used to be in the bag, where it was before that Chase doesn't know.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 12:19 AM
((Was it DM who posted the bag appearing?))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 12:20 AM
((Yes, though Chase only knows that it appeared out of nowhere.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 12:26 AM
((Right. We'll have to wait for him then))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 01:07 AM
((GTG for about half an hour.))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 01:32 AM
((Back. Sorry for the double post, just making sure people involved in the plot see this.))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 02:05 AM
((Triple post, yes, but I'm going away again and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon (PCT)))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 02:15 AM
((that's fine))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 09:58 AM
((Does object reading work across planes? IF not you find nothing, else you find this))

It belongs to an innkeeper in the inn The Angry Hog, in the city Frimbell of the plane Gurt.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 11:04 AM
((Object Reading (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/objectReading.htm) doesn't target the person, it targets the object. Any protections a former owner might have against divination or clairsentience effects do not apply, since he is not being targeted))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 11:08 AM
((Then that is the answer))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 11:39 AM
Iames casts aside the platinum piece. He then alters reality to reconstitute the note from its component pieces in his hand and manifests object reading on it.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 12:11 PM
1st Minute

Gray Elf

2nd Minute

Male
3rd Minute

Unknown ((I have no clue, Tinderhall has no clue and the universe decided it doesn't know either))

4th Minute

Lawful Evil
5th Minute

Conjuration

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 12:25 PM
Iames lets the note return to its burned, scattered state. Now, what should I do with you, Chase?

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 06:20 PM
Holding his hand again to the bloody wound left by the Balor's weapon, Chase grudgingly holsters the revolver he was still holding.

"I suppose, apparently being a representative of the law, you're going to want to take me back to the police station to be sentenced for my crimes."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 07:56 PM
You are sadly behind the times, Chase. I am no longer an officer of the law.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 07:57 PM
"I am aware of that. But the glaring lack of a police officer at the apprehension of the assassin responsible for the death of their chief leads me to suspect you are acting on their behalf."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 08:11 PM
Your suspicions are completely unfounded. And, since I cannot find out from you who it was who hired you, I suppose I will have to wreak my vengeance on you.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 08:16 PM
"Well, given the fact that you tracked me down so easily, shouldn't you be able to find out who sent those balors? It would appear that my former employer is attempting to eliminate me so that I can't tell you anything. Though it would seem you've already gotten everything you can out of me."

((Sorry, GTG for about half an hour.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 08:24 PM
((Nah it's more punishment for getting caught, you don't fail in the service of Tinderhall...))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 08:28 PM
I don't have enough information about him - or her - to find out more. You'll have to do for the time being. Iames tries to begins psychically torturing Chase.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 09:07 PM
((Maybe if Tinderhall would do more to help, Chase wouldn't be so outclassed by theF***ING GOD that's pissed at him.))

Straining under the pain of the psychic torture, Chase puts all his willpower into breaking Iames' hold.

Suddenly reaching his left hand behind his back, he dives backwards, pulling the pin on the frag grenade he had hanging from his belt and throwing it at Iames. Rolling backwards when he hits the ground, Chase draws his revolver again, going into a firing crouch and aiming at Iames, then fires twice.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 09:10 PM
((Maybe if the professional killer had made sure to leave no evidence and trap Verdandi's soul so she would be permanently dead, Tinderhall would've simply paid the man, perhaps even with some bonusses, Tinderhall's player thinks that's a bit harsh, but Tinderhall disagrees))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 09:15 PM
((Verdandi would get to choose whether her soul got trapped, you know))

((J Muller, have events here been progressing at the same rate as RL time?))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 09:15 PM
((Permanent death is a bit harsh, and I doubt she'd agree, as it's evident she and others have put a lot of time into that character and surrounding plot. If it makes you feel better, they had to go through a lot of trouble to res her because of a blood bond. And when we're dealing with a god, it gets a bit hard to leave no evidence. Because of the whole he can warp reality thing and all.))

((No, because it takes longer for people to respond than it would in RL, and I don't know about anyone else, but I actually need to sleep at times.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-07, 09:20 PM
((Yes I know that, but Tinderhall expects you to deliver, but don't worry, help will arrive, eventually...))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 09:27 PM
((No, because it takes longer for people to respond than it would in RL, and I don't know about anyone else, but I actually need to sleep at times.))

((As do I. But wouldn't Chase still be under the psionic dominate, then?))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 09:30 PM
((Your character throws rays of Disintegrate around like they're Hershey's F***ing Kisses. Chase does the freeform equivalent of making a will save.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 09:50 PM
((K. I'm assuming the grenade has not been enchanted to be an epic weapon))

The frag goes off; the flying shards cut into Iames and his balors, but while the balors stagger back, bloodstreaming from their bodies, Iames's injuries heal as if they'd never happened. The bullets hit him as well, and he jerks as they punch holes in his back as they leave. His eyes glow, the bullet wounds heal, and Iames charges Chase, his hands held flat and hard, one of them scything toward Chase's neck.

((Iames's hands deal slashing damage and are vorpal. I kid you not))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 09:56 PM
((So he's not only a god, he's also Bruce Lee as well? Anyway, I have to go eat, be back in half an hour.))

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 10:19 PM
((Back.))

Jumping back, Chase feels Iames' hand whistle past his face. Coming to his feet, he fires twice more at Iames's face from almost point-blank range, the drops the smoking, empty weapon and backpedals across the room. Reaching his right arm behind his back over his shoulder, he draws another handgun--this time a Springfield Armory XD chambered for 357 SIG.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 10:36 PM
Iames flickers out of existence as the revolver goes off, then reappears and pulls out his own gun - an FN Five-seveN. He squeezes off 3 shots at Chase.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 10:43 PM
Still backpedaling, Chase is almost knocked down when two 5.7mm rounds impact his chest, almost piercing his DragonSkin body armor, the last round grazing his neck and drawing a line of blood. He fires two hollow-point 357 SIG rounds at Iames, reaching with his left hand into a magazine pouch.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-07, 10:49 PM
One of the hollow points is blocked by the forcefields; the other punches through Iames's elbow; his eyes glow violet as he heals the wound. He returns fire, another 3 shots.

J_Muller
2007-02-07, 10:54 PM
Staggered but still standing after being hit by all three shots, Chase trusts his body armor to absorb hits and stops backpedaling. Thumbing the magazine catch on his pistol, he ejects the half-empty magazine of hollow-points and shoves in a different one before the old one hits the ground, racking the slide to prepare the pistol to fire again.

He had purchased the bullets in this clip for a king's ransom from a supernatural black market in Istanbul. The seller had assured him that they would overcome any defenses and defeat any adversary. He had had no reason to use them until now, but it was clear that his opponent was no ordinary foe.

Aiming at Iames' center of mass, he squeezes off five shots in quick succession.

((Epic bullets. Try these on for size.))

((EDIT: Did anyone else have trouble getting on to the forums just now?))

((Leaving for a bit, back in half an hour.))

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 01:32 AM
((Back.))

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 02:24 AM
((Going to sleep. See you guys tomorrow.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-08, 09:55 AM
Staggered but still standing after being hit by all three shots, Chase trusts his body armor to absorb hits and stops backpedaling. Thumbing the magazine catch on his pistol, he ejects the half-empty magazine of hollow-points and shoves in a different one before the old one hits the ground, racking the slide to prepare the pistol to fire again.

He had purchased the bullets in this clip for a king's ransom from a supernatural black market in Istanbul. The seller had assured him that they would overcome any defenses and defeat any adversary. He had had no reason to use them until now, but it was clear that his opponent was no ordinary foe.

Aiming at Iames' center of mass, he squeezes off five shots in quick succession.

((Epic bullets. Try these on for size.))

((EDIT: Did anyone else have trouble getting on to the forums just now?))

((Leaving for a bit, back in half an hour.))

((Sorry for the unannounced departure; when the forums went down I decided to call it a night as I'm not feeling that great.))

Two bullets are deflected by the forcefields, but the remaining three stirke Iames with great force. Despite his wounds, he manages to concentrate enough to psionically heal himself, and returns fire with another three rounds, aimed at Chase's center of mass.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-08, 10:09 AM
Yorgh shifts outside and runs in through the door to Iames and stops right in front of him, Angry man, is funny man there, Yorgh want talk to funny man.

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 06:36 PM
((I'm back.))

((EDIT: Going away for about half an hour after this.))

The three rounds hit Chase squarely, lodging in his body armor. Staggered, he takes a step back and whirls to look at the newcomer.

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 08:50 PM
((Back again.))

((And going away again.))

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 10:37 PM
((And back again.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-08, 10:57 PM
Yorgh shifts outside and runs in through the door to Iames and stops right in front of him, Angry man, is funny man there, Yorgh want talk to funny man.

Shut up and stay out of my way, you imbecile. Iames fires another three shots at Chase, taking advantage of the mortal's distraction to aim the bullets at his head.

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 11:08 PM
Chase seethed inwardly, frustrated by his inability to hurt his opponent. In addition, he was beginning to get a headache from the constant buzzing of his danger sense--it had started the instant his attacker had appeared and was apparently triggered by his mere presence.

It flared, however, in time for him to dodge the first two shots entirely. However, the third bullet grazed his heat, stunning him momentarily and leaving a bloody spot in his hair to complement the head wound he still bore from the balor's attack.

Reeling but still on his feet, he aimed down the barrel at his opponent's head and fired two shots.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-08, 11:11 PM
((K, Let's wait until morning so DM can react))

J_Muller
2007-02-08, 11:12 PM
((Ok.))

((Going offline now and won't be back at my computer until tomorrow afternoon PCT (Feb 9).))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-09, 05:01 AM
Yorgh bounces in front of Iames, obscuring his view from Chase, Angry man not being nice, Yorgh need talk to funny man, funny man told Yorgh, Yorgh could not break stuff and Yorgh want know if Yorgh can break stuff now!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-09, 03:54 PM
It depends on what you want to break. Iames tries to get around Yorgh to Chase.

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 06:42 PM
((Incidentally, I'm back. DM, you're up, I think.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-09, 07:08 PM
((alright online for an hour or perhaps two right now))

Yorgh wanna break all stuff, the orc bounces around with a large smile.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-09, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm afraid that there's some stuff I'm rather attached to, Iames replies, and shoots past Yorgh at Chase.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-09, 07:36 PM
Yorgh pops up before Iames again, I not talk to you, you angry man, Yorgh want talk to funny man, angry man bring funny man, Yorgh puts up a pout like a small child.

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 07:37 PM
Ducking his head quickly, Chase dodges the shot.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-09, 07:43 PM
The funny man is the angry man right now. Iames tries to shoot past Yorgh again.

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 07:47 PM
Reeling but still on his feet, he aimed down the barrel at his opponent's head and fired two shots.

((I just remembered that I posted this a bit farther up the page.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-09, 07:48 PM
((Oh... Heh. Oops.))

Retroactively, one shot is deflected by a forcefield, and the other takes a chunk of Iames's ear. His eyes glow and the injury heals.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-09, 08:02 PM
Yorgh shakes his head and pokes Iames in the chest, Angry man not funny man, funny be nice, angry man be mean.

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 08:04 PM
((Sorry, guys, I've got to go for about a half hour. I should be back later.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-09, 08:05 PM
((Dunno if I'll still be online then, friday and saturday nights are hard for me))

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 11:07 PM
((Belatedly back.))

J_Muller
2007-02-10, 12:52 AM
((And realized I forgot Iames just shot at Chase again.))

Chase ducks the shot again, the bullet whizzing past his head.

((And I'm gone again, to return tomorrow, earlier than usual because it's a weekend.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-12, 11:46 PM
Yorgh shakes his head and pokes Iames in the chest, Angry man not funny man, funny be nice, angry man be mean.

((Oops, didn't realize it was my turn...:smallbiggrin:))

Glad to see you can figure something out, at least.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-13, 04:12 PM
Yorgh grins the biggest smile you have ever seen, Yorgh thank angry man, but Yorgh need talk to funny man!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-13, 04:17 PM
Well, you'll have to wait until I'm done here, the Dark snarls, trying to dart around Yorgh and launch himself at Chase.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-13, 04:22 PM
Yorgh appears infront of Iames again this time frowning like a small child, YORGH WANT TALK TO FUNNY MAN NOW!

((J is it okay if Yorgh damages the building?))

J_Muller
2007-02-13, 06:06 PM
((It's fine, and if it matters, it's just a normal steel-frame warehouse.))

Seeing the opportunity in his opponent's distraction, Chase quickly backs up towards the wall of the building, next to which one of several metal crates in his hideout has been placed.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-13, 06:12 PM
You can't always have everything you want, Iames snaps at Yorgh, using telekinetic maneuver (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/telekineticManeuver.htm) (augmented by a lot) to try to bull rush Yorgh aside.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-14, 11:39 AM
Yorgh is pushed aside and throws a tantrum, stomping his legs on the floor, which causes the building to crumble under the pressure, the roof falling down and the walls cracking down and causing a slight earthquake to shake the entire slums.

YORGH WANT TALK TO FUNNY MAN!, the orc bellows out, the air vibrating around him in a large sonic explosion hurling chunks of the almost destroyed building everywhere.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-14, 06:19 PM
The forcefields around Iames protect him from the falling rubble, but the sonic energy penetrates and shakes him up. Turning his attention to Yorgh, confident he could find Chase again later, Iames sends a powerful blast of negative energy at the orc.

J_Muller
2007-02-14, 06:24 PM
Clapping his hands over his ears when the orc bellows, Chase narrowly dodges a falling piece of ceiling, diving away just in time. Scrambling to his feet, he sees that the shockwave has popped open the metal chest nearest him, revealing a man-portable rocket launcher and several rockets.

Within another chest across the room, a countdown, triggered by the damage to the building, ticks away the seconds.

Quickly holstering his pistol, Chase grabs the rocket launcher and one of the rockets. To those with enhanced eyesight, the rocket would appear to shimmer slightly.

Popping the rocket into the rear of the tube, Chase arms the launcher, whirls towards Iames, and fires. Shooting out of the tube, the rocket streaks towards its target. Built into it is an energy modulator which vibrates its molecules slightly out of phase, allowing it to pass through forcefields.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-14, 06:46 PM
The negative energy simply hits Yorgh failing to do anything, he continues his tantrum, the shockwaves of his feet starts to rumble down to the core of the earth and a second earthquake is starting up, slowly increasing in power.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-14, 07:19 PM
The rocket hits Iames's left shoulder and detonates; when the smoke clears, Iames's left arm is entirely missing, but the wound isn't bleeding as profusely as one would expect.

Iames snaps a yellow-eyed glare to Chase and sends another blast of negative energy at the mortal before opening himself to the full power of the One and trying to stop the earthquake being caused by Yorgh's tantrum.

J_Muller
2007-02-14, 07:31 PM
((There is no spoon.))

Narrowly dodging the blast of energy, Chase jumps up and grabs a large military-style backpack, putting it on with his left hand, momentarily switching the rocket launcher from his right to his left.

Once the backpack is on, he grabs a case of rockets for the launcher and scrambles over a pile of rubble, running out into the street.

((He's still near the warehouse for now, if it matters. I have to go for about a half hour, though.))

J_Muller
2007-02-14, 08:58 PM
((Back.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 08:16 AM
The earthquake still rises in power, though the progress of it's growth is smaller.

J_Muller
2007-02-19, 04:55 PM
((It would appear that Iames is no longer with us... what do you think we should do?))

McBish
2007-02-19, 04:58 PM
((Get away. I know I would.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 05:26 PM
Yhorgh sulks a bit and leaves.

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 06:11 PM
((The current explanation of Iames's sudden absence is that he got his fate far removed from Town. Iames the Dark, who is the person you are fighting, probably just vanishes))

J_Muller
2007-02-19, 06:28 PM
((Okay.))

Tying the case of rockets to the backpack, Chase hoists open a manhole and drops the sealed backpack into the sewers below. Slinging the rocket launcher across his back, he quickly grabs hold of the ladder leading down and drops down. The last thing he sees before he closes the manhole after him is Iames the Dark, with a vaguely surprised expression on his face, disappear entirely as the thermobaric warhead in the metal chest explodes, engulfing the ruins of the warehouse in flames.

[exit-->sewers]