PDA

View Full Version : Player Help A bit of Feat help if you please

Totallyevil1
2014-04-12, 02:10 PM
The build I am going for currently is a trapping arcane caster, I am aware that there are feats out there that would allow me to take a spell and adjust it to fit into a 5x5 square for a trap, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the names. Are there any other feats that are normally associated with this build? I assume sculpt spell might be one, but I admit I am unsure.

Troacctid
2014-04-12, 02:41 PM
Sculpt Spell lets you reshape an area spell into a 10' radius, 30' tall cylinder, a 20' radius sphere, a 40' cone, four 10' cubes, or a 120' line. So yeah, that should probably work.

XmonkTad
2014-04-12, 05:12 PM
PHBII has Earthbound Spell metamagic which creates a "trap square" with a spell in it. +2 adjustment is not great, but it does what you want. If this is your core mechanic, get it reduced.

Tedective
2014-04-12, 05:16 PM
I'm certain there's semi-permanent spells that you could fill a room with, like explosive runes, fire trap, and more importantly ghoul glyph.
There's a lot of hard counters to a trapping mage though, unseen servant, expendable zombies, anything to just trigger these things from afar would make you really frustrated.
As well, if you are ever on the offensive, you have to trap a room, enter one with mobs, and run back to your traps without them considering they're being lead.