PDA

View Full Version : For the horde!! (ic)

Rippingriley
2014-04-12, 02:20 PM
you've been at sea for some time, while most of the tribes make their home on the main land, including the Iron Ourriders, Dr'meck has chosen to host this summit of the clans on the centre island of the "Shattered Province", an archipelago of islands to the south of the main land. The land is untamed, thick jungles inhabited by dinosaurs and stranger creatures cover the island, vying for territory, preying on each other.

You and a small band of representatives from your tribe have been sent from your tribe and just like all the members of your people any journey carries its risk. You are the your fellow travelling companions have your mission and you'll be damned before you let one of those roving death squads of adventures have their way. After more sneaking and fighting then any "civilized" person would have the stomach for you've made it to the southern coast and have managed, through some means, to obtain passage to the central island of the Shattered Province.

In the center of this island there is the ruin of a once great fortress, many of the structures are made of iron and this is where Dr'meck's invitation has told you to go and it has been a trek. Between the monsters who have hunted you about as much as you've hunted them and the encounters with other clans, many of which have almost devolved into lethal skirmishes, its been a long and hard journey. However you've pressed on and soon enough you were greeted with the broken iron gates of the ruins and after walking through the decaying halls and past the fixtures and statues which time and the elements have reclaimed you arrive at the court yard. Part of the reason you knew to go to the court yard was the smell; the scent of seasoned roasting meat and strong ale has wafted through the whole ruined and the cause of the scent was three great bonfires over which the carcasses of three great dinosaurs are roasted. The Iron Outriders have already started the feast, the sound of laughter and the beating of drums is so loud that the sound of the roaring flames can barley be heard over it. Through the revelry you can see one man who is beyond a shadow of a doubt Dr'meck: he isn't the most brightly dressed, the biggest, the scariest or the oldest but amongst the drinking, dancing and brawling all salute him and keep their distance. The chief of the Outriders sits calmly with a flagon of ale beside him and a pipe in his mouth, he wears his full suite of armour and leans against his mount, a massive dire lion, as you and are party enters he raised his drink to you and gestures for you to join the feast. Finally after the other a few other clans arrive and the sun is just setting he nudges his mount who lets out a bone shacking roar and the feast goes silent Dr'meck stand and with states: "welcome my brothers and sisters to the dawning of a new age, one where the horde finally fulfils its mission."

Recherché
2014-04-12, 07:55 PM
Its early evening when they arrive, a pack of wolves appearing on the horizon, running towards the keep at a pace that most horses would struggle to keep up with. And yet the eight enormous wolves do not appear to be hurrying but instead moving at a deliberate pace.

Up they run to the gates where the guardsman fires upon them obviously intent on defending their position. The two smallest wolves peel away dodging arrows as they move to the back of the pack. The other six keep going without even acknowledging the attack. The arrows hit the wolf in the front of the pack, a rust colored creature with a white belly and vivid blue eyes the color of ice glinting in the sunlight, dead on. The arrow doesn’t appear to hurt it in the least and the beast keeps charging. Its only when the lead wolf approaches the gate that it’s flesh begins to ripple, almost looking like it is melting and reforming and with barely a break in stride it assumes a humanoid shape. The creature that now stands on two legs is tall, almost as tall as some of the orcs though far lither than their stocky frames, but it still has the same coloring.

<Nice aim but you need to hit harder if you really want to kill something.> The voice that emerges from the muzzle is distorted and it’s Orcish is somewhat halting however it is distinctly female. By now the majority of the pack has assumed human or humanoid forms with the exception of the two smallest members.

“Patrias, Grim Claws, you two are with me. Chzeska and Damin, you’re in charge of trading and getting us some food. Lucky, take the pups and find us a place to stay and start setting up camp. I think we’ve all been on our paws too long. Everyone, you know what to do now get to it!” The wolf-woman’s Common is much smoother though still distorted by the muzzle. The tone speaks of a woman who expects to be obeyed.

The group peels off to go their separate ways. The wolf-woman, an older red-haired man and a rather feral looking grey wolf head to the courtyard to pay their respects to the Orc chief. When they find him they do not bow, kneel or ply him with gifts. Their leader simply cants her head to the side and introduces herself.
<My name is Nikolya Ice-Eyes and these warriors and I represent the kin. We ask your permission to enter your territory and remain here until the conclave is done. We will listen to your argument and decide how we shall proceed within three sunset’s time.>

After her brief introduction Nikolya heads into the crowd trying to blend in as best she can.

Stormageddon
2014-04-13, 10:28 PM
Arg why did the masters have to summon Kaup so far away from the mine? Maybe there was shinies on this island. Was this a final mission? Maybe big shiny? Maybe biggest shiny of all time! Kaup would keep his mouth shut and his ears open.

Eldon4
2014-04-14, 08:51 AM
A tall pale humanoid with piercing red eyes and a dark red main of hair walks up to the gate guards. He has a wide grin on his face showing a set of sharpened teeth that can obviously take a chunk out of any enemy. "Hello I'm Neltor and we are the respresentatives of the Wayreth Raiders." After being passed through He takes heartily to the feast and drink. His advisers stay close and drink less, but also enjoy themselves.

Gunhaven
2014-04-14, 02:33 PM
Czernobog cursed again in Orcish as the small band of Orcs trekked through the jungle. His horrifying mask had developed a light sheen of sweat that was overshadowed by the buckets pouring from the half dozen orcs. The majority of the orcs had stripped down on the boat and still the accursed heat assaulted them, Czernobog stripped down to a loincloth in a vain attempt to stay cool and occasionally blasting himself with a burst of cold when it gets too unbearable. The warriors that their idiotic glorious leader had chosen to represent their tribe had instead doused themselves in the blood of a dinosaur that had decided to try and sample the exotic meat and failed. They paused at the gate and yelled out in a heavily accented, yet perfectly fluent, Orcish.
"Brethren! We have come from the north, victorious against our shared foe, and heard you need aid against the same! We have come to test our mettle against the humans and dwarves of the south!" Without waiting the Arctic Orc warriors pulled open the gates and Czernobog strolled into the ruins. The group felt the heat of the bonfire and continued bickering amongst themselves about how terrible this place is. The warriors broke off and headed to the coldest part of the fortress while the shaman continued to inform the chief of his arrival.
He tapped his spear against his chest when he found the feast as hard as he could, the scars from his hexes covering every inch of his sweat-soaked body, and spoke in Orcish loud enough to be heard. "Cousin! We have travelled far to reach this place of heat and blood. Please tell me you will offer us enough spoils to make the lost weight from all this sweat worth it. I also hope you will make this quick so that I may cool off with my tribe mates."

PhoenixRise
2014-04-14, 05:22 PM
Zinth and a small group from his tribe came with him on this journey to Shattered Province. Surveying his group, it was clear that they were not the strongest of warriors, but they would be able to hold their own well enough. I hope this group isn't representative of our tribes strength, else, perhaps it was a mistake to leave my duty as guard...Nonetheless, I am here with them now, and I must ensure their safety. Zinth led his group to arrive in the darkest of nights. Though it did not impede his, or his tribe-mates, vision, the night helped hide them from prowling adventurers. However, the arrival was not event-less. They happened upon a small patrol of knights, scouting the area and affirming the rumors of increased monster presence. Following Zinth's guidance, they kept themselves hidden, then struck the knights unaware. It was over before they knew what was happening.

Arriving upon the clearing in the center of the island, Zinth takes in the sight. Beasts and creatures from all the corners of the world has gathered, centered around a grand feast and an Orc, clearly set appart from the others. He must be Dr'meck, clearly living up to the rumors. He and his clan-mates commence of the feast. Zinth himself keeps to himself, observing the different creatures around him.