PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Make This Work:

Fax Celestis
2007-02-06, 11:51 PM
Premise: Duskblade can channel touch spells at Level 3.
Premise: Enlightened Fist 7 can hold rays to use as touch spells
Premise: Spellwarp Sniper 5 can take any spell of 5th level or less of instantaneous duration and range longer than touch and turn it into a ray.

...Here's the problem: Spellwarp Sniper has a req of +1d6 SA, which means at least Rogue 1. It also needs the ability to cast third level spells.

The best build I can come up with is Rog 1/Wiz 5/Dusk 3/SpW 4/EnF 7, which lets me get +1d6 SA (+3d6 sudden strike on ray attacks), Wiz CL 16, turn Wiz 4 spells and lower into rays, Wiz 8 rays and lower into smiting attacks (but only as a standard action)...

I'm sure you see the idea. How do I make it work? Do I do a Duskbard type thing, and go Rog/Bard/Dusk/Sublime Chord/SpW/EnF? Or would going divine caster be better, and trying Rog/Dusk/Ur-Priest/SpW/EnF? ...except that wouldn't work, because EnF requires arcane spells.

Frustrated.

illathid
2007-02-07, 01:43 AM
well, if you really pumped Intelligence, you could switch out the rogue and take a level in unseen seer. That requires a lot more skills though, but wouldn't be so bad if you were human and took able learner. That would keep you from losing any caster levels except the ones lost on enlightened fist and duskblade.

Rigeld2
2007-02-07, 07:13 AM
except that wouldn't work, because EnF requires arcane spells.
Theres an adaptation section to turn EnF to Divine. You only gain 5 Caster Levels instead of 8 tho.