PDA

View Full Version : +5 holy bunny... Named Avenger.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 09:59 PM
So the strangest thing happened today at my bi-monthly D&D session.

Several sessions ago, our party went into the heart of a volcano to try and close the portal to hell that had opened up above it. shortly after entering, we found this lovely little toy that my Paladin took up until it could be returned to it's proper owner, a Holy Avenger. It was inscribed with the holy symbol of Pelor while my Paladin was a follower of St Cuthbert, so he intended on only using it for now as the volcano was full of demons, and returning it to the church of Pelor once the job was done.

Today... that sword was turned into a Bunny. Permanently. by a Loremaster. After much laughter and fooling around, several things about it were determined.

1. it has a mark on it's fur on it's sides that resembles the holy symbol of Pelor.
2. it has "holy *word for poop*", which can deal 2d6 points of damage to evil creatures.
3. it is a baby celestial dire bunny.
and 4. it is not my familiar nor bound to me in any way.

Now then, my question to you is this.

How do we have some fun with this and totally twink it out to ridiculous measures? Can celestial dire bunnies take levels in paladin?:smallbiggrin:

Edit: Ideas thus far:
Levels in paladin
Sacred healing feat to turn "Turn undead" into fast-healing 3 for 1+cha mod rounds, healing people with it's cuteness.
warbeast template (possibly)
possible underfoot combatant and confound the big folk feats.

News:

The rabit has been Drawn! (http://wildwestscifi.net/Com/HolyAvenger/Holy_Avenger_2b.png) and Statted! (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=859203)

CyberThread
2014-04-12, 10:02 PM
to bad it is a magical animal now, you can't awaken it.

nedz
2014-04-12, 10:05 PM
I created a celestial Mule with levels of Sorcerer once, so a Holy Avenger-Bunny could take levels of Paladin — though the big question is: What's it's Intelligence ? It has to be more than 2 in order to take class levels. It's Wisdom and Charisma may also be relevant for that class. Incidentally: Cleric may be a better option that a Coneydin.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 10:09 PM
unless the celestial or dire templates grant intelligence bonuses i'm guessing that won't be possible then, dang.

Larkas
2014-04-12, 10:11 PM
unless the celestial or dire templates grant intelligence bonuses i'm guessing that won't be possible then, dang.

Celestial does increase intelligence to at least 3. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-12, 10:26 PM
This is absolutely hilarious. As for what to do, perhaps you could talk with your dm about making him an alternate paladin's mount or something? Or what if you raise him--bunnies mature quickly--and then make him your cohort?

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 10:27 PM
Celestial does increase intelligence to at least 3. :smallbiggrin:

ooohhh that's good then!:smallbiggrin: how many hit dice would it have to have to take a level in paladin though? I'm guessing since it's only a baby it wouldn't be able to do so right away though.

thinking that since it's a BABY dire creature as well, i'll reduce the dire bonuses by half and keep it as it's tiny size. what do you guys think?

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 11:04 PM
This is absolutely hilarious. As for what to do, perhaps you could talk with your dm about making him an alternate paladin's mount or something? Or what if you raise him--bunnies mature quickly--and then make him your cohort?

that's been suggested actually, get a few enlarge spells, make them permanent so he's big enough to ride, then have a black-clad paladan of cuthburt ride into battle on a giant rabbit of pelor:smalltongue:

Slipperychicken
2014-04-12, 11:09 PM
If it's at least a Medium creature, a DC 20 Handle Animal check and two months of training will give it the Warbeast template (MM2, 219). It'll get stat boosts, an extra HD, and will be able to carry riders into battle. You can reduce the time needed, but it's kind of hard to do (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#handleAnimal).

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 11:19 PM
right now it's only tiny/dminuitive, wichever a typical bunny is, though it might become medium sized later, i'm not sure. i'm just trying to figure out if there's anything i can do with it now.

might invest in a slingshot and use it's holy poop as ammunition.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-12, 11:21 PM
Yeah, but you might be able to get a circumstances bonus out of it. And come on, isn't it fun to get a magical beast battle buddy who complements your abilities well? :smallwink:

And holy poop? Really? Oh man, that is so juvenile it's hilarious. I wonder if you could get similar bonuses by rubbing a sword in his poop? Along with the nasty infections your foes will get.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 11:23 PM
sadly i sugested that and no, wouldn't work it seems. also apparently it would rust our swords up, and nobody really wants to rub poop on their blades/crossbow bolts.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-12, 11:26 PM
sadly i sugested that and no, wouldn't work it seems. also apparently it would rust our swords up, and nobody really wants to rub poop on their blades/crossbow bolts.

No it wouldn't, not if you cleaned it off. Maybe the mount/cohort would be the best idea then? Is your paladin medium or small sized? And I think rabbits are small sized.

Sapreaver
2014-04-12, 11:33 PM
i'm Serious (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg)

Slipperychicken
2014-04-12, 11:35 PM

It was historically a valid tactic: People would often expose their arrowheads to dirt and feces to infect wounds. It was popular with the Viet Cong in their infamous spike pits, and English bowmen sometimes stuck their arrows in the dirt so they would infect wounds.

If rust is a concern, then either use nonmetal weapons or get the Everbright weapon property (+2,000gp, MiC). Also get someone to cast Prestidigitation. A lot.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 11:40 PM
so asside from the intelligence of at least three, is there anything else that would hinder this thing having class levels? and how many would it even have, one per hit dice? one per four?

Manly Man
2014-04-12, 11:40 PM

I'd probably call that more of a Vorpal bunny, myself.

ericgrau
2014-04-12, 11:44 PM
Upgrade it to have spell storing and make it the party healer. Or else charge it with vampiric touch or empowered magic missile for a little extra damage.

Does it have decent hp? Polymorph it (not PaO) to temporarily fight alongside the party.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-12, 11:49 PM
i... don't think i can do any of that. it's not a weapon anymore, it's a living rabbit, permanently. thinking maybe i could make it's teeth cold iron since the sword itself counted as cold iron but yeah, i can't actually enchant it like i could and item or weapon.

animewatcha
2014-04-12, 11:56 PM
Train it so that you can pick it up, point its rear at enemies, and unleash machine-gun fire of 'holy *word for poop*'

TuggyNE
2014-04-12, 11:58 PM
so asside from the intelligence of at least three, is there anything else that would hinder this thing having class levels? and how many would it even have, one per hit dice? one per four?

It would gain class levels the same way any other character does: with no relation to racial hit dice at all.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 12:12 AM
It would gain class levels the same way any other character does: with no relation to racial hit dice at all.

okay then, so how would that work? other characters get it via experiance and leveling up, how does that work for a rabbit?

Slipperychicken
2014-04-13, 12:15 AM
okay then, so how would that work? other characters get it via experiance and leveling up, how does that work for a rabbit?

If it has class levels, it would gain them the same way any character does: Earn XP, level up once it has enough to hit the next level, rinse and repeat.

Urpriest could probably explain this better than us. He wrote a guide to the monster rules.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 12:16 AM
okay, but it doesn't have any at the moment, how would it go about getting it's first one?

Larkas
2014-04-13, 12:19 AM
okay, but it doesn't have any at the moment, how would it go about getting it's first one?

Like a human, really. Maybe ask the DM to adjudicate some minor XP cost so it can get the first level?

toapat
2014-04-13, 12:20 AM

that has the Paragon template, not the Dire animal and Celestial Creature templates.

Dire was never written out as first party material, however it was typically +1 size category and +2HD. the Half hit die of a Hare (since hares are bigger, faster and less sedentary then rabbits, and evolved as such, we can just take the entry from Dragon). This makes the bunny have 2+1/2 HD and is just cresting into the small category.

personally id apply Half Celestial and Warbeast (warbeast is basically training the creature into a dire creature without the size or HD increases) over Celestial and homebrewing up a dire template, expecially to avoid the penalties of becoming a small creature over a tiny creature, as well as having half the RHD to waste paladin levels.

then, said bunny is to become a Paladin of Freedom, worship Mystra (because Pelor is both CE while not providing anything worthwhile in terms of paladin acfs), and become a badass fluffy in fullplate. Also any intelligent bunny will be chaotic Fluffy in alignment

Also, it needs a homebrew Half land speed burrow rate. because its a bunny and thus digs.

Larkas
2014-04-13, 12:26 AM
personally id apply Half Celestial and Warbeast (warbeast is basically training the creature into a dire creature without the size or HD increases) over Celestial and homebrewing up a dire template, expecially to avoid the penalties of becoming a small creature over a tiny creature, as well as having half the RHD to waste paladin levels.

Doesn't work, unfortunately. Half-celestial needs an Int 4+ base, said celestial rabbit would only have Int 3.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 12:28 AM
n-no, you're confused. i'm not MAKING the rabbit, it's already been made, and the DM has cannonized it as a Baby, Celestial, Dire Bunny. i cannot change that. if i can use that material to make the bunny a paladin then great, but it's a baby right now, so i'm not sure if i can, and it likely wouldn't have the full effects of the dire template. As well, it was made out of a holy avenger bearing the mark of Pelor, ergo, if it was a paladin of any god, it would be one of Pelor.

toapat
2014-04-13, 12:43 AM
Doesn't work, unfortunately. Half-celestial needs an Int 4+ base, said celestial rabbit would only have Int 3.

celestial warbeast then, because theres no reasonable way to get it to qualify that are not equally rediculous possiblities, like having Half-Silver (or half iron) Dragon template

Half-Iron (Cone, Half Electric/half fire)(Immune to fire), Half-Celestial, Warbeast hare with Paladin of Honor levels. it is still a tiny creature, and it needs Mithral fullplate. Because a bunny in fullplate is adorable

n-no, you're confused. i'm not MAKING the rabbit, it's already been made, and the DM has cannonized it as a Baby, Celestial, Dire Bunny. i cannot change that. if i can use that material to make the bunny a paladin then great, but it's a baby right now, so i'm not sure if i can, and it likely wouldn't have the full effects of the dire template. As well, it was made out of a holy avenger bearing the mark of Pelor, ergo, if it was a paladin of any god, it would be one of Pelor.

your DM is lame then, not making a completely awesome and cuddly doomball. at least in third using a non-awakened tiny animal without a mountain of broken templates is unworkable for classes, because its too squishy. (Familiars get some pretty damn sweet benefits offsetting that, These templates? Dont)

Larkas
2014-04-13, 12:50 AM
your DM is lame then, not making a completely awesome and cuddly doomball. at least in third using a non-awakened tiny animal without a mountain of broken templates is unworkable for classes, because its too squishy. (Familiars get some pretty damn sweet benefits offsetting that, These templates? Dont)

That's not fair at all. He isn't even supposed to be using the little guy. Basically, the DM just gave them a special pet, and the OP is trying to make the most of it.

toapat
2014-04-13, 12:51 AM
That's not fair at all. He isn't even supposed to be using the little guy. Basically, the DM just gave them a special pet, and the OP is trying to make the most of it.

and all its good for is being adorable on a shoulder. it Was a really good magic item.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-13, 12:57 AM
He isn't even supposed to be using the little guy.

Yeah, in that case, you're probably best off not trying to optimize around it too much. You don't want to give your GM headaches every time you get a nice thing.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 01:05 AM
i said i'd be doing this while at the table and nobody tried to stop me. the fact of the matter is that it's a celestial baby dire bunny with holy poop that used to be a holy avenger. everyone had a good laugh about it, and if having a furry paladin bunny of death doesn't bring a smile to your face then i don't know why anybody here ever tries to make use of anything the DM gives them.

ren't you the people who made pun pun the kobold? if you can make a level one kobold take out a level twenty fight you can at least help a guy figure out what do do with a celestial dire rabbit with holy poop.

Larkas
2014-04-13, 01:14 AM
and all its good for is being adorable on a shoulder. it Was a really good magic item.

And now it's a fun little pet, with a fun backstory. Isn't D&D about this? Having fun? It's not like the OP is mad for having lost a sword (he intended to return) anyways.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-13, 01:17 AM
ren't you the people who made pun pun the kobold? if you can make a level one kobold take out a level twenty fight you can at least help a guy figure out what do do with a celestial dire rabbit with holy poop.

Pun-pun was not, like the Greek goddess of wisdom, born from a single mind. Rather, it was the product of many hands, many minds, and many forums.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 01:21 AM
Pun-pun was not, like the Greek goddess of wisdom, born from a single mind. Rather, it was the product of many hands, many minds, and many forums.

okay, exactly, and that's what i'm trying to do here, get some people together to help me out with this bunny thing.

i'm gunna go put the templates together and see what Avenger's stats would be like, maybe that'll help a bit.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 02:16 AM
so the celestial template says that it gives the creature a level adjustment of +2, does that mean the rabbit has three hit dice now?

edit: Tired. gunna head to bed and check back in the morning. everyone else has probably fallen asleep by now anyways

edit 2: for the reccord, essentually what i'm doing is taking This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/rabbit), and Adding This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/celestialCreature.htm), then This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dire-creature-cr-2-tohc), and finally this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1). Celestial dire baby bunny.

TuggyNE
2014-04-13, 03:51 AM
so the celestial template says that it gives the creature a level adjustment of +2, does that mean the rabbit has three hit dice now?

Uhhhh, not exactly. Check out Urpriest's manual on the subject, but the short answer is that only PCs and Leadership'd cohorts care about LA, ever.

toapat
2014-04-13, 10:10 AM

edit: Tired. gunna head to bed and check back in the morning. everyone else has probably fallen asleep by now anyways

edit 2: for the reccord, essentually what i'm doing is taking This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/rabbit), and Adding This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/celestialCreature.htm), then This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/dire-creature-cr-2-tohc), and finally this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1). Celestial dire baby bunny.

yes, its adorable. no, it doesnt actually benefit you beyond being the party pet. its cute, but its attributes are too low to use anything and its too squishy to see combat

Also, the PF Rabbit uses the same statblock as the rat, the DnD rabbit you can reverse engineer from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?267210-Hopsy-the-Warfluffy) by just removing 10 more movespeed over what the warbeast template gives

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 11:28 AM
okay, let me just make this absolutely clear right now then, because this is starting to get annoying.

I do not care if the rabbit is useful, useless, or absolutely garbage. i am just trying to find out what i can do with it, if it can take levels in paladin then great, although it most likely will never be seeing outright combat, at least not at the moment.

if it CAN take levels in paladin, then hey, free lay on hands for me just by keeping it in a fanny pack or something. if it can get other spells, bonus. it might even get to see combat one day when it's older/larger, you never know what we can do with it with time, but right now i'd just like to know what can be done with it right now.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-13, 11:33 AM
Hey, I gave you Kheel, you know what my first idea is going to be. :smalltongue:

toapat
2014-04-13, 11:40 AM
okay, let me just make this absolutely clear right now then, because this is starting to get annoying.

I do not care if the rabbit is useful, useless, or absolutely garbage. i am just trying to find out what i can do with it, if it can take levels in paladin then great, although it most likely will never be seeing outright combat, at least not at the moment.

if it CAN take levels in paladin, then hey, free lay on hands for me just by keeping it in a fanny pack or something. if it can get other spells, bonus. it might even get to see combat one day when it's older/larger, you never know what we can do with it with time, but right now i'd just like to know what can be done with it right now.

its only possitive and sufficient attribute scores to do anything with are Wisdom, Dexterity, and Constitution (as its strength is negative, its Charisma is 10, and its Int is negative). Considering it cant manipulate tools that means it basically just has to hide and be either a cleric or druid because it cant use ranged weapons.

simply put, it is just a pet for your paladin

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 11:48 AM
Okay then, you've said your peice (multiple times) so with all due respect, could you get out of my thread please? i don't like being told "Don't/you can't do something fun" multiple times after i've said (multiple times) that i don't care if it's productive or not. you are not helping, and i'd seriously rather not be told "you can't do anything with this" on the same forum that turned a freaking cat into an entire pantheon.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 02:04 PM
Assuming i have done everything right, i have offically Statted Avenger; the Holy Bunny. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=859203)

Bask in his glory.

For leveling him in paladin, i think what i might do is keep track of my paladin's xp growth, when my DM next updates the XP, i'll memmorize/write down the total, and after the next session (wich i sadly might not be able to attend) i'll make a note of the difference. if it exeeds six thousand, i'll count it as the bunny leveling up.

For the sessions i DO attend, i'll be sure it use he rabbit's holy poop at least once so it's involved in combat:smallwink:

Larkas
2014-04-13, 02:43 PM
I'm consolidating the little guy's attributes here to see what we're dealing with. Surprise: they aren't bad at all! However, I need to know how the OP's DM will rule the Young (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1) template. You see, not only does it decrease the creature's size (which by itself adjusts the base creature's Str, Dex and Con), it also modifies Str, Dex and Con directly. As this direct modification is very non-standard (it doesn't follow 3.5's Table: Changes to Statistics by Size (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm) or PF's Table: Size Changes (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-advancement) at all), it's not very clear if it's supposed to be in addition to the size change's or in substitution to it. If it's in addition, we'll arrive at the silly results of -8 Str, +6 Dex and -4 Con for a small->tiny creature.

Would you mind confirming it, Draconi?

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 02:52 PM
We're actually playing in pathfinder, so if anything it's the Celestial template that's a worrisome bit, i mainly chose it over the pathfinder version because the pathfinder template doesn't give nearly as much informaition as the 3.5 one does. the DM also described it as being a baby dire celestial bunny, so i found the young template and added it in myself, figure it fits in enough.

As well the young template is only temporary until enough time has passed for the bunny to grow a bit, at wich point it will mature and have even better ability scores and the such. AS for the size change thing, as far as i'm aware it's in addition to it, wich makes sence in my opinion, smaller creatures tend to have less strength but more speed.

Larkas
2014-04-13, 03:02 PM
We're actually playing in pathfinder, so if anything it's the Celestial template that's a worrisome bit, i mainly chose it over the pathfinder version because the pathfinder template doesn't give nearly as much informaition as the 3.5 one does. the DM also described it as being a baby dire celestial bunny, so i found the young template and added it in myself, figure it fits in enough.

As well the young template is only temporary until enough time has passed for the bunny to grow a bit, at wich point it will mature and have even better ability scores and the such. AS for the size change thing, as far as i'm aware it's in addition to it, wich makes sence in my opinion, smaller creatures tend to have less strength but more speed.

Of course a reduction makes sense. A -8 Str reduction doesn't make sense. As doesn't a +6 Dex bonus. Are you telling me an average young human can barely support his/her own weight (2 Str), is as coordinated as the most gifted adults (16 Dex), and is at risk of falling unconscious by simply tripping (4 Con)? I don't think that's reasonable at all. (Let alone halfling children, that by applying this template would have 0 Str and, as such, be completely inert.)

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-13, 03:13 PM
*shrugs* Well i don't really know how else to put it asside from what the template says. Rabbits are ususally pretty weak anyways, so i don't think it's a huge issuwe in this particuler case. it's strength and constitution are still much higher then they were pre-dire template.

Larkas
2014-04-13, 04:02 PM
And that's why I said to ask your DM... Nevermind.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-14, 02:31 AM
Silly idea i had at work: Find something cheap, fragile, and easily moldable, like glass, clay, or maybe even very thin metal/stone. Make tiny spheres out of it, place rabbit poop inside, sell them off as one-time-use holy sling pellets. Attatch them to the tips of crossbow bolts and sell them as holy crossbow bolts:smallbiggrin:

anyways, after thinking about it i've realized there probably isn't a lot i can do with the Bunny without him leveling up first, he only has two hit dice, one in bunny one in dire, and only one feat. Though it could potentually be replaced with annother. Anyone know if there is a ground-based-creture version of Flyby attack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/flyby-attack)? Traits could also be annother possible thing to put on him... any ideas?

As well, any ideas for possible future things to do with him? the party has a few rings of spell storing, could potentually give him one of those, put a spell in it, then have him activate it at the right time, such as say a healing spell to heal my paladin a bit when he needs to hit something.

NoACWarrior
2014-04-14, 04:49 AM
Silly idea i had at work: Find something cheap, fragile, and easily moldable, like glass, clay, or maybe even very thin metal/stone. Make tiny spheres out of it, place rabbit poop inside, sell them off as one-time-use holy sling pellets. Attatch them to the tips of crossbow bolts and sell them as holy crossbow bolts:smallbiggrin:

anyways, after thinking about it i've realized there probably isn't a lot i can do with the Bunny without him leveling up first, he only has two hit dice, one in bunny one in dire, and only one feat. Though it could potentually be replaced with annother. Anyone know if there is a ground-based-creture version of Flyby attack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/flyby-attack)? Traits could also be annother possible thing to put on him... any ideas?

As well, any ideas for possible future things to do with him? the party has a few rings of spell storing, could potentually give him one of those, put a spell in it, then have him activate it at the right time, such as say a healing spell to heal my paladin a bit when he needs to hit something.

Ride-by attack I think, but you'd need to give him a mount or something. It would be funny if the rabbit used the halfling barbarian or another humanoid as a mount to attack with some type of tiny weapon.

As for the holy poop - I heard once that you make a sap from plant fibers and other things collected from the ground, it wouldn't be unreasonable you could make "makeshift" saps from the poop which work for 5 rounds of combat and then fall apart.

As for other things the rabbit could do, once he gets enough feats, and he has enough con, he could go for some soulmelds (not really the best but eh whatever). If you managed to make him a lvl 4 paladin, have him take sacred healing so you can regen OoC (I know its not an optimal option, but its ok, this rabbit won't be using the turn undead anytime soon anyways) - this will eat up his excess turns - it would also be cool to tell the story about how the cuddly rabbit makes living things around him feel better by being so cute.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-14, 01:09 PM
can't find a good discription of sacred healing online anywhere, but from your description it sounds promising, my paladin has this family bloodline thing that makes him need to remove his level from any positive energy healing he gets, so more healing for him is always good.

edit: is this (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-divine--56/sacred-healing--2479/) it? i'll have to talk to my DM to see if it's allowed as complete divine isn't on the list of allowed books, and getting the rabbit to have eight ranks in heal might be tricky. Do things such as ability score bonuses and item/feat bonuses count as ranks? Think healers kits give you a +3-5 on heal checks or something.

Metahuman1
2014-04-14, 01:54 PM
Personally, I'd find a wizard to Polymorph Any Object the Rabbit into a bigger version of iself to get it up to Size category Large, and take the time while going on missions to make a DC 20 Handle Animal check to give it the Warbeast Template.

But that's just me.

Barring that, maybe consider giving it the underfoot combatant and confound the big folk feats?

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-14, 03:51 PM
Hmmm... i'm not sure if races of the wild is allowed, it's not in the banned books, but i think i heard something about it before... is it a third-party book/magazine? Also, what book is the warbeast template from?

nedz
2014-04-14, 04:46 PM
Warbeast (MM2 p219)

NoACWarrior
2014-04-14, 05:32 PM
can't find a good discription of sacred healing online anywhere, but from your description it sounds promising, my paladin has this family bloodline thing that makes him need to remove his level from any positive energy healing he gets, so more healing for him is always good.

edit: is this (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-divine--56/sacred-healing--2479/) it? i'll have to talk to my DM to see if it's allowed as complete divine isn't on the list of allowed books, and getting the rabbit to have eight ranks in heal might be tricky. Do things such as ability score bonuses and item/feat bonuses count as ranks? Think healers kits give you a +3-5 on heal checks or something.

Ah good you found the feat. The rank requirement is via skill points only. The 8 ranks is rough to get on a low int creature, but remember it gets a minimum of 1 skill point per HD and I think 4 SP at 1st level. The only issue is getting it to 6th level so it can actually take the feat. You could ask your DM to waive the healing ranks just for the rabbit, or give some type of "pelor" gave it to him story (which would be neat too). It just beats having turns which won't be used for anything else.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-15, 01:28 AM
Is the 4x skill point thing on the first character level though, or the first class level? Because the bunny technechly has two levels already, and is counted as either a level three or four character, having one hit dice from being a bunny, one from being dire, and Celestial giving him a level adjustment of plus two.

Figured it was stupid to not list the allowed/banned books here, so here's a spoiler containting just that info.

Prohibited Setting Material: With some noted exceptions below, ALL other settings and materials therein are prohibited. Keep in mind, just because it does not appear on the lists below, it does not mean it is automatically approved. Please check with your DM before selecting unspecified material.

Pathfinder Books

Allowed:

•Pathfinder Core Rulebook

•Advanced Players' Guide

•Advanced Races Guide (except dragon or dragon-kin or drow, and the Race Builder chapter is right out.)

•Gamemastery Guide

•Ultimate Combat. Special Note: Gunslingers are allowed, but these concentrate solely on crossbows (light, heavy, and repeating varieties.) Be sure to check with your DM for special variant rules/ Chu Ko Nu Master Architype for this particular class.

•Ultimate Magic

•Ultimate Equipment

•PC Architypes from the Pathfinder Adventure Path Books (i.e. Curse of the Crimson Thrown, Rise of the Rune Lords)

Prohibited/ DM use only:

•Any online-based resource or web enhancement (save errata). Meaning published printed books only.

•Classes such as Wordcaster and so forth. Make sure you ask your DM before you select an architype.

•Absolutely NO Necromantic, or Draconic classes or architypes.

•Absolutely No Guns.

•All Beastiaries save for what appears in the Advanced Races Guide with noted exceptions.

•Any Third Party Sources

•All Magazines (aside from errata).

So anything not on those lists i'd probably need to ask the DM about.

i'll post the treasure list as well to show what tools we have to work with item-wise.

NoACWarrior
2014-04-15, 01:50 AM
Is the 4x skill point thing on the first character level though, or the first class level? Because the bunny technechly has two levels already, and is counted as either a level three or four character, having one hit dice from being a bunny, one from being dire, and Celestial giving him a level adjustment of plus two.

Figured it was stupid to not list the allowed/banned books here, so here's a spoiler containting just that info.

Prohibited Setting Material: With some noted exceptions below, ALL other settings and materials therein are prohibited. Keep in mind, just because it does not appear on the lists below, it does not mean it is automatically approved. Please check with your DM before selecting unspecified material.

Pathfinder Books

Allowed:
•Pathfinder Core Rulebook
•Advanced Players' Guide
•Advanced Races Guide (except dragon or dragon-kin or drow, and the Race Builder chapter is right out.)
•Gamemastery Guide
•Ultimate Combat. Special Note: Gunslingers are allowed, but these concentrate solely on crossbows (light, heavy, and repeating varieties.) Be sure to check with your DM for special variant rules/ Chu Ko Nu Master Architype for this particular class.
•Ultimate Magic
•Ultimate Equipment
•PC Architypes from the Pathfinder Adventure Path Books (i.e. Curse of the Crimson Thrown, Rise of the Rune Lords)

Prohibited/ DM use only:
•Any online-based resource or web enhancement (save errata). Meaning published printed books only.
•Classes such as Wordcaster and so forth. Make sure you ask your DM before you select an architype.
•Absolutely NO Necromantic, or Draconic classes or architypes.
•Absolutely No Guns.
•All Beastiaries save for what appears in the Advanced Races Guide with noted exceptions.
•Any Third Party Sources
•All Magazines (aside from errata).

So anything not on those lists i'd probably need to ask the DM about.

i'll post the treasure list as well to show what tools we have to work with item-wise.

Your spoiler tag didn't work, and DOH forgot you were in PF. With that said, that feat needs to be adjusted for PF - the healing skill requirement should be 5 instead of 8.
Note that the feat - even after converted would require "Channel Positive Energy". In the rabbit's case you would need to take 4 class levels in paladin, or 1 class level in cleric to get it.
Its LA doesn't give the rabbit higher SP ceilings, even in PF, the ceiling for PF is equal to the creature's HD.

In either case I'd try to go for the pure idea of awesomeness that sacred healing from a celestial dire baby bunny would do for roleplay fun, trying to get your DM to either give the rabbit a single cleric level and the feat for free.

I mean, in all seriousness, how often do you get a holy avenger sword turned into a celestial dire baby bunny which can give those around him fast healing because of the force of it's charisma.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-15, 03:22 AM
indeed. I'm thinking that the bunny should be purely paladin since it was once a holy avenger, a weapon designed soley for paladins, but at the same time i feel like trying to get just enough levels in monk to make it immune to poision, the last demon we fought had this scary cloudkill spell that i'm pretty sure the bunny only survived because the DM forgot about it.

... reading up on it, that only happens at eleventh level. so maybe not.

As for the spoiler tags, i think they do work, though just not for certain people, i've been noticing that too on other threads, i can open some spoilers but others don't work, even in the same post.

Anyways here's a short list cut from our (not-updated-from-last-session) treasure list. thinking maybe the ring of protection might help boost up the bunnies AC a little, not that i'm planning on sending it into combat just yet, but if somebody tries to target it, the harder the better. If you've got any suggestions from this let me know. i'll have to talk to my DM bout allowing the fast healing thing, as it indeed would be amazing, and very helpful.

Magic Items:
-Amulet of (+2) Mighty Fist
-Belt of (+2) Strength
-Lesser Rod of Silent Spell
-Oil of Greater (+3) Magical Weapon
-Periapt of Wisdom (+2)
-Ring of Counterspells (Feeblemind)
-Ring (+2) Ring of Protection
-Ring (+1) Ring of Protection (5)
-Scroll (Righteous Might)
-Slippers of Spider-Climb (1 pair)
-Vials of Dust of Appearance (3)
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges)
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds (15 charges)
-Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (48 charges)

Special Items:
-Sunrods (12)
-Tindertwigs (24)
-Ever Burning Torch

Potions and Liquids:
-Potions of Blur (4)
-Potions of Invisibility (5)
-Potions of Bulls Strength (4)
-Potion of Cure Light Wounds (8)
-Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (5)
-Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (2)
-Potion of Protection from Cold
-Vials of Universal Solvent (2)
-Vials of Giant Wasp Venom (12)
-Unguent of Timelessness
-Pints of Oil (10)

Yogibear41
2014-04-15, 08:24 PM
Bag its poop, use it as a weapon coating, Holy in a Can.

Probably even smells good, burn it as incense to gain buffs like prayer and bless, make a circle set it on fire for protection from evil benefits.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-16, 03:18 AM
okay so today's my day off, so i migh be able to message my DM about these things, the sacred healing feat, undefoot combatant feat, and the warbeast template. given that they're all from different books, i'm guessing at least one of them won't be allowed, though I’ve got my fingers crossed for sacred healing.

Before i do that though, can anybody quickly confirm for me that Complete Divine, Races of the wild, and monster mantual 2 are all printed, on-paper first-party books?

Hmmm.. Wait, No beastiaries are allowed, monster manuals count as beastiaries don't they? If so warbeast might be right out.

TuggyNE
2014-04-16, 05:28 AM
Before i do that though, can anybody quickly confirm for me that Complete Divine, Races of the wild, and monster mantual 2 are all printed, on-paper first-party books?

Yes. MMII is a 3.0 book, though, so often requires a bit of fiddling to use in 3.5.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-16, 12:17 PM
In unrelated news, Very many thanks to Domochevsky for making this (http://wildwestscifi.net/Com/HolyAvenger/Holy_Avenger_2b.png)