PDA

View Full Version : Abusing soulfuse construct template?

CyberThread
2014-04-12, 11:14 PM
196 MOI, Soulfuse Construct only works on well , constructs, but it gives them +1 LA

any thoughts of if this is truly abusable?

Yogibear41
2014-04-12, 11:57 PM
Well considering it says in the template it can only be applied to a construct that does not have an intelligence score to begin with, and races without int scores generally do not have a LA other than LA - I don't really see anyway that it could ever be put on something that a player would actually play themselves.

I could see some use in applying it to non-intelligent constructs that you yourself create thereby giving them the ability to obtain feats, skills, etc. Although with only an int of 3 they are still going to be rather limited, and by gaining a con score of only 10 they might as well not have a con score at all since they will be losing their bonus hits points based on their size, not to mention all the immunities they lose.

So to sum it up I would say its useful in granting constructs that you may create at lower levels, that do not scale, enough intelligence to either allow them to gain XP and class levels, or at least train in something like UMD or a Craft skill of some sort so that they could at least serve some purpose later in levels.

Although from my quick reading of it I cannot find the way that you actually grant the template to something, but it is listed as acquired so there should be some way.

CyberThread
2014-04-13, 07:43 PM
so nothing huh

Yogibear41
2014-04-13, 10:29 PM
well there is something to be said for making something with an int of - have an int of 3+, but at the same time giving it int gives it free will so it may not want to listen to you anymore.

Coidzor
2014-04-14, 12:33 AM
I suppose if an Effigy X creature with tons of templates on it had those templates' LA negated by not having an LA due to being an Effigy and then you applied this template to it, that might be a potential interpretation of the rules which would be exploitable.