PDA

View Full Version : Void of Hope: IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The Blackbird
2014-04-12, 11:22 PM
Dozens of miles into the Oldenburg Desert lays a city at its center, Reishier. Founded nearly a century ago, by refugees of a war, it was created as a place of peace and safety. Isolated from the rest of the nations of the continent, it strives to remove itself from all warfare. Reishier lives under a mantra of sorts, one that states that Reishier shall forever remain "Untouched by War."

Before you now Reishier stands, massive walls of wood, stone, and iron all shield passers from looking within. A massive iron door guards its front, guards gaze down from above, carrying crossbows and looking wearily down below. Light sand lays scattered about the dry flat earth around the city.

Where your character is now is rather open, whether your characters want to already be within, or arriving, how to enter your characters is up to you.
I think Talor, Jacob and Darius will be entering together? That is what seems implied from the first session. Those three will be arriving at these gates then, unless they think otherwise.

Bardley
2014-04-13, 12:52 AM
Sirah arrives at Reishier's iron gates dressed in the simple white robes of a desert traveler. She pulls the hood of her robe further over her face and steps towards the gate.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 01:29 AM
One week ago, a figure veiled beneath a bulky cloak sets out to cross the Oldenberg desert with Reishier on the mind and optimism in his heart.

Several days ago, the same figure walks across the desert, the vision of civilization pushing his body further and further over the dry earth.

A few hours ago, the figure is on his knees, reduced to crawling across the arid terrain, his strength all but lost as he tumbles about towards Reisheir.

And now, he has finally made it to Reisheir. Unfortunately his limbs give out, halting him several yards before the city's iron gates.

"I-I've finally made it..." he whimpers, speaking through cracked lips. He motions a outstretched single hand to the gate, and drops to the ground, unconscious.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-13, 01:41 AM
A diminutive figure moves swiftly through the gates, nodding to those above. A long and jagged scar graces his face, going from just below the chin on the right side, up his left cheek, then curving to just in front of his ear. His pace quickens as he enters the city, seeming eager to leave the harsh desert winds behind him.

The Blackbird
2014-04-13, 06:13 PM
Everybody

As Sirah approaches the gate, one of the guards gives her a sign to indicate that he will be right back to address her. Leaving her waiting there. As she waits by the gate, her eye catches a cloaked figure crawling through the sands. She watches apathetically as the figure crawls his way up to the gate and collapses.

Around the same time, she spots three figures moving closer to the gate.

Jacob, Darius, and Talor all approach the gate, and they see a hooded woman by its iron door. Talor, irritated by the sandy winds, makes a sprint towards the gate. So eager to get inside, he almost collides with the door as he nods to the guards above, but manages to stop himself.

Bardley
2014-04-13, 06:29 PM
A slight scowl appears on the woman's face, still concealed by the white hood of her cloak, as she watches the guard turn away. She turns her attention to the three approaching figures and eyes them apprehensively for a moment before returning her gaze to the guard's post.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 06:49 PM
Jacob, tall and handsome with his tousled brown hair and eyes of both blue and hazel, is approaching the gate with a confident grin. As he passes the unconscious figure, he kicks at it softly with his foot. "Huh. It seems common sense is a rarity here, what with 'Rias and his armor and now this guy." He shrugs. Then he spots the hooded woman by the gate, smirks a bit, and walks toward her. "Well hello there," he says, with a charming smile. "What is a pretty lady doing here, in the middle of the desert?"

Bardley
2014-04-13, 07:08 PM
"You honor me with your compliments, sir. I am but a simple acolyte on her pilgrimage." She turns towards the stranger and meets his gaze. "I have come to this city to seek asylum from the harsh desert."

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 07:34 PM
The cloaked figure returns to consciousness, doubled over on the coarse earth. He gazes up at Jacob, and clambers over to him. He reaches out to him with a gaunt arm, it's pale fingers grasping his leg. The cloaked figure hoists himself up, the hood of his cloak falling to his back. Thick strands of black hair cascade down his pale face.

"P-please help me, I've been traveling this desert for days. I just need water..." he says. His teeth, seemingly sharped to razor points. It's any wonder that he doesn't cut his own mouth as he speaks.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 07:49 PM
Daruis sweating profusely in his heavy obsidian coated armor ,scoffs noticing the cloaked figures"Fine if your so thirsty here," *throws water skin on the ground* Drink up while were here you'll need your strength in this war of heat.*wiping sweat of his brow and rebinding his long charcoal hair.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 07:56 PM
The figure stumbles back to the ground, scrambling to the water pouch. He picks it up, and nearly tears the bladder apart as he frantically pours the water down his gullet. He nearly chokes on the water, coughing up mud left from the desert sand and the pouch's cool liquid. Rehydrated, the figure stands up, and hands the sack back to Darius.

"Aye, thank you. You've saved my skin. I'd be a husk if it weren't for you lot." he says, water dripping down his pale chin.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 08:02 PM
Jacob smiles flirtatiously. "An Acolyte, eh? And wha- Gah!" Jacob jumps a little when the previously unconscious man grabs onto his leg. He shakes his leg a little, attempting to shake him off. "Hey, give me my leg back. Sheesh, traveling the desert with no water. Daruis's fashion choices make more sense than that." He says, annoyed, then smirks a bit. "Seems you have a bit of a kindred spirit, eh?" He says jokingly toward Daruis, just after he drops his waterskin

Jacob turns back to the woman. "So... where was I, pretty lady? Ah, yes. So... a pligrimage?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 08:11 PM
Taking back his water skin glaring at Jacobs comment So what brings you to a desert with no water?

Bardley
2014-04-13, 08:15 PM
Sirah, who was watching the pale man's drinking with a look of concern, turns back towards Jacob and flashes him a kind smile. "Ah, yes. My journey just so happens to take me directly across this desert and I thought it would be good to stop here for a few days to rest and restock my traveling supplies." She gazes into his eyes. "You wouldn't happen to know of any good inns or other places to stay within the city, would you?" She suddenly looks embarrassed and tears her gaze away, looking down towards the sand. "Oh, I have spoken above my station, please forgive me, sir."

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 08:20 PM
"Make no mistake friend, I set out on my journey with water. The problem is I ran out a few days back. I'm sure there were a few wellsprings around, but the heat got to my head. I was sure I was going about in circles. Enough about me, what about you? It seems like no coincidence that you three arrive at the same time. Darius, was it?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 08:24 PM
General Daruis of the the kings 2nd regiment *pats chest* "Well past regiment I met these two plebeians while traveling across the lands, we are currently hunting for a king of bandits. This area is our first lead.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 08:29 PM
The figure claps his hands together.

"How delightful! A party of friends out to save the populace! That's very admirable."

The figure skulks over to Jacob.

"Now who is this, hmm? I have yet to thank you, for I believe it was your boot that brought me back to consciousness."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 08:36 PM
"Oh, please, there's nothing to forgive there." Jacob flashes a charming smile at her. "Disracefully, I haven't been in this fair city before, but maybe-" Jacob finds himslf interrupted by the previously unconscious man. "Oh for the love of- Can't one talk to a pretty lady in peace in these parts?!" He seems exasperated.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 08:38 PM
Daruis raising an eyebrow This is new I never found you to be the irritable type jacob, what happened to your quick one liners?

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 08:41 PM
The figure ambles around Jacob, facing his front.

"I don't think I've introduced myself. My name is Krill..."

Krill raises a hand from his dark cloak. All along his arm, deep scars can be seen, some still fresh. His hands are gaunt, and end in nails that could easily be mistaken for talons. He motions to shake Jacob's hand.

"...Krill Hekatonkheires."

Krill flashes a smirk, bearing his jagged teeth.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 08:45 PM
"Maybe they went to take a nap with your fashion sense, eh?" He smirks a bit. "Oh look, there they are! Thanks, 'ruis!"

He then turns to Krill, looks a little grossed out and raises an eyebrow at he outstretched hand. "Don't mind if I don't."

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 08:49 PM
Daruis grabs krill hands Cleary you fight in a different manner than weapons, but I will not deny a good hankshake once in awhile.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 08:50 PM
"Don't worry, I won't mind." He says, speaking to Jacob. He turns his attention to both Jacob and Darius, addressing them both.

"However, I will mind if you don't share why you're coming to this city. Aren't you looking for a desert bandit? Pardon my snark, but wouldn't a bandit want to avoid the city?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 08:54 PM
Perhaps, but a smart bandit would know how to use his resources, and if one of them would be hiding in a well fortified city then I wouldn't see why he would use this as one of his bases of operations.

Bardley
2014-04-13, 08:56 PM
"I did hear your friend mention something about a 'King of Bandits'? Is this city really so dangerous?"

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 09:02 PM
"Ah, yeah, there's this Bandit King guy we're sort of tracking, but don't worry, I'll keep you safe, lady...? Oh, how discourteous of me, I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Jacob" He says, with a flourish. "And you?" He asks, his charming smile wide.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-13, 09:02 PM
scowling This city is built on the idea of never being touched by war, think about it. If you wanted to run a ring of banditry why not do it inside if this heavily fortified city bent on a no fighting?

Bardley
2014-04-13, 09:08 PM
"My name is Alyssa." She gives a short, respectful bow. "It is an honor to meet you, Sir Jacob."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 09:12 PM
"Just Jacob for you, Lady Alyssa" He bows as well.

The Blackbird
2014-04-13, 09:25 PM
Everyone

At this point, the group hears a loud creaking sound and what sounds like a crank being pulled at the other end. The iron doors begin to open. Awaiting at the other side you see what looks like a short entry tunnel, about a dozen guards stand there. They have stern looks on their tanned and/or sunburned faces. The guards here wear light leather armor, and tend to carry crossbows or longbows. One guard steps to the head, he has a clipboard out, and a quill, "Line up! I will need your names and business in Reishier before you enter!"

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 09:28 PM
Krill shuffles down the tunnel, and stops at the guard.

"Krill Hekatonkheires. No business in particular."

Bardley
2014-04-13, 09:31 PM
Sirah steps behind Jacob and all but clings to his back, glancing at the guards from around his shoulder. "Sir- I mean, Jacob... I hope you don't mind but would you please join me in passing through?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-13, 09:36 PM
Krill
The guard glances at you with suspicion, frowning a little, "You would walk all the way out here for nothing? What a lazy excuse."
He glowers at him and stares piercingly in an attempt to detect falsehood.
[roll0]
(Note: You only have to roll bluff if you're actually hiding something)

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 09:40 PM
Krill faces the guard

"You're too skeptical for your own good. I have no business here. That's all."

[roll0]

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 09:41 PM
"Ah, of course I do not mind, fair lady!" His charming grin widens. "I can make them leave us all alone, actually, no problem whatsoever for such a pretty lady."

He casts Glibness.

"Hey, you, you don't need any of that. And didn't you just say you'd let us all pass?" He smirks. [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-13, 09:42 PM
Krill

The guard frowns, he seems irritated at your tone, but says, "Very well, be on your way." he steps to meet the next person.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 09:48 PM
Krill walks past the guard, and into the city.

The Blackbird
2014-04-13, 09:49 PM
Jacob

With a few brief gestures you cast your spell. The guards seem a little wary of this. When you speak, your words carry an essence that makes them of the utmost believably, no matter of how unbelievable it is.
The guard seems uncomfortable, but says, "Uh..." he scratches his head, "I... I did didn't I... We... We've already done this before..." he smacks his forehead.
"Very well, you all may come in." he backs away, and allows the others entry.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 09:57 PM
Jacob smirks, and turns to Alyssa. "See? No problems." He says with a grin as he walks into the city.

Bardley
2014-04-13, 10:03 PM
"Thank you, Jacob, you certainly have an amazing way with words" She says as she follows Jacob through the entryway.

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 10:30 PM
Krill turns back to face Jacob.

"I say, you've got quite a way with words. How'd you get them to lay off your friends, anyways?"

NamonakiRei
2014-04-13, 10:40 PM
Jacob grins at the lady's praise. "Why thank you" He winks a bit.

When Krill turns to Jacob he raises his eyebrows, but smirks, "Ahh, that's a trade secret."

Alhuggins
2014-04-13, 10:52 PM
Krill tilts his head.

"A secret? Is that so? I'd think it'd be simpler than that."

Krill ponders for a moment, scrounging his mind for an explanation.

Spellcraft check: [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 02:22 AM
Krill

You recall the gestures performed by Jacob the moment before he started speaking. You recognize it as a spell or incantation, but it's complexities escape you for the moment. After all, you only had a glance, and the spell lacked verbal components.

Everyone

You walk through to the end of the tunnel, descending a staircase as you do so. When you exit the tunnel you step out onto a cobblestone road, around you people are milling about. They look to mostly be peasants and commoners. The roads are lined with small houses and a few street vendors. The city itself looks to be in a circular shape, and you can see paths leading off to the right and left, that after a stretch curve upwards. Along these elevating paths seem to be other districts of the city, with taller buildings. You can see some buildings across in another district nearby, some of which reach as high as the wall. At the center of the city, resting on the peak of the ground's height, rests a castle.

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 02:31 AM
Krill glances back at Jacob, fidgeting about in embarrassment.

"Er, I'm not sure what it was, but that was a spell, no? I don't mean to be audacious, but I, myself am adept in magic. Are there any others who are proficient as well? Perhaps Darius? Or maybe you Halfling friend?"

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 01:45 PM
Talar moves towards the guards at the gate, a confident yet bored smile on his face. After having gazed at the city wall for some moments, he seeks to catch up with Jacob and Darius, as well as the those who seem to have joined them.

"My apologies for being tardy, Jacob, Darius."

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 04:17 PM
A week ago, Kojiro was flying over the desert in search of Reishier, a pacifist's paradise amidst the sand. Stumbling upon an oasis, he rests, refreshing his gullet and taking a break. Finding a nice lowhanging branch, he decides to take a rest. When he had awoken, he found himself moving, trapped in a small cage on the back of a merchants caravan car. Discovering no way out, and fearing for the lives of the birds surrounding him should he shift into his other form to break the cage, Kojiro resigned himself to his current predicament, at least the caravan was heading for Reishier, judging by its course, and he needn't do the wing work himself. Now today, he sits in the cage at a display in Reishier, hoping to stumble upon a kindly looking group of adventurers, ones who may free him from this cage.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 08:28 PM
Talar moves over towards the market stall, pondering at the birds in their cages. He scratches his shaved head for a moment before selecting Kojiro's cage.

"How much for this, bird, shopkeep?"

Bardley
2014-04-14, 08:38 PM
"So, Jacob, you never told me why you're searching for this 'Bandit King'." Sirah tilts her head to the side, looking quizzical "Are you a noble knight in search of glory or just a particularly good samaritan? I hope you don't mind my prying but I find the tales of valiant adventurers such as yourself to be highly entertaining." She raises her hand to her mouth as if she was about to chuckle coyly.

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 08:41 PM
Talor

The shopkeep sits at the other end of the booth, and you notice he's the only merchant on this street. He has around him sets of bird cages, with a variety of avian creatures within them. He is a scrawny man with an unpleasant glint in his eye. He leers at you and seems excited that you took interest in his shop.

"Oh? That is a rare and exotic bird from lands far away... surely you can't afford him little boy."

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 08:51 PM
Talar scoffs at his tone, chuckling darkly to himself.

"An old man in his old age, who cannot tell the difference between a child and a paying Halfling customer. Tis sad, really, because I really would like to purchase this bird. Hmm...maybe I'll come back tomorrow, when shopkeepers are less blind."

Talar turns around slowly, shrugging nonchalantly, as if dismissing the shopkeep.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-14, 08:52 PM
"Nope!" (Roll for bluff on the OOC because reasons) Jacob answers Krill cheerfully. "But I can do some magic" He flashes a flirtratious smile at "Alyssa". "Which is, I suppose, part of why I'm here. And of course I don't mind your asking." He smiles charmingly. "Well my tale is one of valour! I met these two" He points at Talor and Daruis with a careless gesture, "On a small town not that far from here. We heard words from a man of the guard about the Bandit King." He says, making dramatic gestures. "Upon hearing this, I knew my next stop would be Reisheir! The intriguing tale of the Bandit King is waiting to be told, and I intend to be one of those to unravel it. I, milady, am a Bard, you see, traveling the world to find its stories, and of course, to help those who'd otherwise perish and suffer!" He smiles dashingly at the finale of his speech, with dramatic hand gestures included.

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 08:56 PM
Krill

As you hear Jacob's words, your mind becomes a scramble of what you know to be true, in that you're sure you saw him cast a spell. And what is being heard, because for whatever reason, you cannot comprehend it possibly as a lie. Perhaps Jacob is a spellcaster and doesn't know it? Or maybe is using the power of psionic arts? Your head feels fuzzy in the attempt to justify the contradiction.

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 09:10 PM
"Er, that's strange, but if you say so, then it is so. Anyways, you're a bard? Pray tell you play some sort of instrument then. Maybe a lyre or drums?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 09:13 PM
Talor

The shopkeeper's eyes go a bit wide, "No wait! No wait! My apologies! I could not see your gear from beyond my booth!"
He sets the bird cage on the wood table before him, "The bird is quite rare, normally I'd sell him for thirty gold. But for my great offense to you, I offer it for a mere twenty five." he gives a humble little bow.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-14, 09:20 PM
"I sing!" Jacob smirks, with a slight, rather dramatic bow.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 09:26 PM
Talar turns back to face the shopkeeper, smiling kindly up at him. He reaches into his cloak, counting out 25 pieces of gold before placing them down on the table and taking the birdcage in his hand.

"Thankfully sir, it was just a mistake. I wish good eyesight, upon you and your kin."

Bowing, Talar takes his leave, carrying the birdcage over to the group.

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 09:30 PM
"How pleasant! I may ask to hear a sonnet or two later..."

Krill turns to Talar, examining the bird

"And what is this? Some sort of bird? Are you planning on eating this, or perhaps to catch some prey on a hunt?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 09:31 PM
Talor

The shopkeeper leers again, and looks extremely happy.
"Of course, I thank you as well." he stars counting the gold.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 09:35 PM
Talar looks incredulously up at Krill, wondering the reason at the first part of the sentence.

"I'm not sure what you take me for, but I assure you, we Halflings, though excellent cooks would never eat a bird with such lovely plumage. To tell the truth, a small travelling companion would seem a nice addition, especially for one such as me, surrounded by several so much farther from the loving ground than I."

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 09:46 PM
Suddenly the bird flutters from Talor's hand, landing on the ground, shifting suddenly in a blur to a human man, cloaked in rags of grey and brown, like the feathers of the sparrow. Under the cloak glints armor and the hilt of a sword with exotic markings. He bends down on one knee, facing Talor. "This one thanks you for freeing him from the prison that was that cage. I am in your debt Halfling, for freeing me. My name is Kojiro Tsubame, I come from a land far from here, and you are?"

Bardley
2014-04-14, 09:46 PM
"Hmm.. but as flying creatures, birds do tend to be much farther away from the ground than any of your companions will ever hope to be." She chuckles in an almost mocking tone. "I mean no disrespect friend, I only meant that as an amusing observation."

As the bird undergoes its mysterious transformation she jumps back with a start. "What kind of..." she stops herself there and falls into silence, watching the strange man with caution.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 09:52 PM
The surprise of the small bird becoming a tall man dumbfounds Talar, causing him to miss entirely what Sirah had said. Recovering from his surprise, he begins to speak, chuckling softly to himself as he does.

"Well well, I never did expect that! Well done sir, the name's Talar Swiftfoot."

He extends a hand out and up, smiling as he did so, his scar framing half of it, almost like a second smile.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-14, 09:56 PM
Jacob blinks when the bird transforms into a person. "...What the hell..." He tries to recall ever having seen or heard of a creature like this, whether in person or ina song or legend...
Knowledge Local [roll0]
Bardic Knowledge [roll1]

The Nightwalker
2014-04-14, 10:01 PM
Daruis glares at the birdman "jacod what is that thing?"

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 10:02 PM
Kojiro takes the hand, rising to his feet. "It is nice to meet you Talor. Shall I introduce myself to your friends?" He looks to the group, bowing slightly. "This ones name is Kojiro Tsubame, I am a wandering traveler from a land across the sea. I am indebted to your friend Talor, and willing to assist you all. He grins kindly.

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 10:06 PM
"Aye, a Bird man! What a marvel. It's a good thing you changed, else you'd be down someone's gullet soon enough."

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 10:11 PM
Talar stares up at Krill, his face a look of utter confusion. His face worded "Why would you eat such a small bird?"

"Why would you eat such a small bird? Surely it would be more work than it is worth."

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 10:13 PM
Krill tilts his neck down at the diminutive halfling

"Hmm. I know bird not to everyone's taste, but surely a few silver pieces is enough for a light snack, no?"

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 10:15 PM
"My what strange and wonderful company. Tell me Talor, is your friend normally that hungry?"

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 10:19 PM
"I've just spent a few days without food and water out in the Oldenburg desert, so I'm a bit peckish, if you pardon my jest."

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 10:20 PM
Talar scratched his head in thought for a moment before speaking, looking between the two men before shrugging.

"No harm, no foul, if you get my jest. However, we should all get food, so that we can all speak of our task in peace."

The Nightwalker
2014-04-14, 10:22 PM
...Fine let us take to the nearest inn then, perhaps one with less people so we can talk in a more comforting setting.

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 10:32 PM
"Well, then, I shall join you, I've had little but birdseed for weeks."

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 10:32 PM
Jacob

Thinking things over, you recall all of which you have learned of people and cultures in your travels (Knowledge Local), you remember that on the Eastern Continents lies the nation of Ganryu, a feudal country that is run by an Emperor and his military leaders, the shogun. Many of the people who lives there are part of a mysterious shapeshifter race known as the Hengeyokai. The Hengeyokai are similar to lycanthropes. They come in a variety of different animal forms, including a human form, a hybrid form, and a full animal form. Unlike lycanthropes, they don't lean toward any particular alignment. They tend to be weak willed creatures, but usually make up for it in traits relative to their animal form.
In this case, he seems to be a Sperrow Hengeyokai, meaning he is quicker than the average human.

While the eastern lands are thousands of miles away, you manage to recall stories from those faraway places (bardic knowledge). Ganryu is maintained by eight legendary shogun lords, who are each a different kind of Hengeyokai, they conflict with each other often.

Everyone

The stunned merchant staggers over to the group then, "Had... Had only I known I stood before such great adventurers! I had no idea ones with the power to turn a bird to a man existed! I wonder what would bring you here to Reishier?

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 10:41 PM
Talar turns to the merchant, a determined look on his face, coupled with a solid frown.

"Sir, I'll have you know that I should demand my money back for selling me a person when I asked for a bird!"

His face softens after saying this however.

"But, if you are willing to recommend a good place to find good food, I will let you keep my coin."

The Nightwalker
2014-04-14, 10:42 PM
*walking over to the merchant* *probably overshadowing him daruis is 6'3"We're here for a quick stay in our travel would you know a nice quite inn would could go to?

*occ: curse my slow typing speed.*

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 10:45 PM
Kojiro turns to the merchant, staring him down."I am no mere bird sir, know this, the only reason I don't strike you down is that I respect the rules of this place as well as my own. You knew not what you bought from that rude merchant, and so I can't blame you for keeping me caged. In the future be wary of him" Kojiro smiles "Birds are simple creatures, these are no exception" He gestures to the cage "treat them kindly, and they will earn you a greater profit, the gray one in particular. Shes an old bird, but one of a rare breed, give her more water and she can sing beautifully. The dry desert air ruins her throat. Do this and you will gain twice what this man paid for me"

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 10:47 PM
"I would appreciate it if you gave him his money back, although it is up to you sir."

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 10:55 PM
(For future reference, instead of double posting I recommend using the edit button to put anything necessary add-ons.)

Everybody

The shopkeep's face pales a bit, "Uhh... Ehe... Of... Of course... My apologies... Uh... sir..." he says to Kojiro.
As he stutters, everyone in the group can see a person walk by his booth. He quickly glances and sees the shopkeep busy over near you. He quickly takes the bag of 25 gold and begins walking quickly away, looking wearily behind him as he does.

The shopkeep turns to Talar then, "Well uh.... An inn of course... You must be quite wealthy to have so much gold in pocket money so... some of the finer inns are found in the merchant's district..." he points to one of the roads leading off, "If you follow this road, it steadily elevates until you reach the top of the hill Reishier rests on... it takes you through all the city districts... You'll recognize the merchant district when you see it, booths like mine and shops set up everywhere..."

Bardley
2014-04-14, 10:56 PM
"I understand your frustration with the man, Kojiro, but I think there may be more pressing matters to deal with" She turns to Jacob. "Perhaps this man knows some more information to help you with your noble quest to find the Bandit King, wouldn't it be pertinent to ask?"

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 10:57 PM
Talar holds his hand out, pausing the merchant before moving towards the figure.

"Halt! Thief! You, stop right there!"

Talar quickens his pace as he draws nearer.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-14, 10:58 PM
"Excuse me."*daruis pursues the man who took the coin purse.

The Blackbird
2014-04-14, 11:00 PM
Talar

As you move to catch up to the thief, he begins running away.
The shopkeep spins around to see this, "Ahhhhh!" he seems horrified, "Get back here you dirty wretch!" he screams.

The thief begins charging away, and Talor realizes that with his tiny little legs this is a losing battle, in the short run anyways.

Anyone who wishes to react to the thief situation may roll initiative. When you do so, please also state what your action is.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-14, 11:03 PM
[roll0] Daruis pursues the thief yelling YOU'VE SOWN YOUR FATE PLEBIAN NOW COME AND MEET MY AXE!

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 11:05 PM
Kojiro leaps into the air shifting into his hybrid form, his wings unfurl and he flys at the thief "Stop!" {for initiative}-> (1d20) {i haven't got a sheet yet but i do know i will be taking the improved initiative feat so theres that} He attempts to land in front of the thief. (1d20) { what am i doing wrong here?lol}

(1d20+0)

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 11:07 PM
Initiative: In next post, if possible
Talar keeps after the thief, making sure to keep him in sight. This wretch would not escape him, not tonight, and if Darius had anything to say about, most likely not alive.

*OOC: What am I doing wrong for my roll command? This is infuriating me.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-14, 11:12 PM
((OOC: Nightwalker, I know the feel. Happens all. The. Time. *eyetwitch*
Also, Hazofriend, to do the rolls you don't have to add the parentheses, those appear on their own. And Seeker, there has to be a space both before and after the [ ] thingies. Also if you edit a post you lose the rolls made in that post, and can't make new ones. Just so you guys know. (I'd forgotten the last one myself.)))
"Hey, you, kid who stole that coin, I cast a pretty little spell, so if you move too much more away from me you're going to drop dead, I'd stop running if I were you!" Jacob almost carelessly yells toward the thief.
Initiative [roll0]
Bluff [roll1]

Truth Seeker
2014-04-14, 11:14 PM
Initiative for chasing the thief: 1d20+9

*OOC: I cannot seem to get this right....ugh....whatever, I'll make it work in the morning or something.

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 11:19 PM
[roll0] work plz

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 11:24 PM
Krill digs his gaunt arm into his cloak, and pulls out a simple dagger. As if out of habit, he places the blade on his arm, and moves it distally up the side of his arm, lightly grazing the blanched skin. He stares off for a minute, wistfully watching the others persue the theif. He then turns to Alyssa.

"So, miss Alyssa, where are you from? What brings you to this lovely city in the desert?" He asks, knife drifting over his forearm.

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 11:24 PM
[roll0] work plz
okay so 18 plus 4 my dex plus 4
from improved initiative equals 26 :D figured it out

Bardley
2014-04-14, 11:35 PM
Sirah, who watching the party's pursuit intently, turns to Krill and says "Oh.. I'm just an acolyte from Argonnia. I'm travelling on a pilgrimage which happened to take me through this city." She sighs "I never expected to fall into such an interesting situation on my journey... Oh, but what of you? You certainly seem like you would have a far more interesting tale to tell, Sir... Krill, was it?"

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 11:40 PM
"How interesting. I guess you could say I'm here on my own pilgrimage as well, although it's not as important as you're I'm sure!"

As Krill speaks, the knife lightly cuts into his skin, beads of blood staining the knife. Krill draws a sharp breath, wincing slightly.

"Ah, I'm mostly here just for self discovery. I've never been here before, and I thought that I might find my calling here, you understand?"

Hazofriend
2014-04-14, 11:45 PM
*ooc so i suppose what with me getting a 26 I go first.*
My move is 40 ft total, and I fly over the crowd Do I cut off the thief? and would he be surprised enough to be flatfooted? ;D

Bardley
2014-04-14, 11:49 PM
She seems unfazed by Krill's now bleeding arm. "Seems like a fairly difficult journey to undertake on just a whim, but I can certainly understand the sentiment. If you don't mind me asking, actually, what did you do before you decided to 'discover' yourself? I'd think you'd have a story for each of those scars but then again..." She looks at the bloodied knife. "perhaps not."

Alhuggins
2014-04-14, 11:55 PM
"Before? I came from a family of sailors, before I took up my skill in magics. The fellows I studied with inspired me to find out who I really was, so that's why I came here."

Krill notices her looks at the knife, it's tip grazing the end of his open cut.

"Oh! Excuse me, I didn't notice!"

Krill hides the knife in his cloak and grips his cut in his other hand.

"I'm so sorry, it's just a habitual thing!" I'm so used to the pain, that I do it without even knowing it..."

Bardley
2014-04-15, 12:09 AM
"Don't worry about it, I've seen enough scrapes in my travels, a little blood doesn't bother me. You probably should get a cloth on that however, infections can be very dangerous, of course."

"So what kind of magic do you study? I'm not terribly knowledgeable about sorcery, but I've always been fascinated by the concept."

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 12:16 AM
Krill scrambles about in his pack, and grabs a roll of gauze, shakes the sand off of it, and frantically rolls it around his raw wound. Once secure, Krill darts his eyes about, wary of strangers listening in.

"Aye, know this." He whispers, moving in close to her. "While do practice magic, it's the kind they don't take to kindly in these parts. I'll leave it at that."

Krill flashes his toothy grin.

"Sorry to be so vague, but it's better for both of us, for now. Anyways, how about we catch up with our friends? I'm sure they're having their way with that thief. Care to follow?"

Krill motions to Alyssa, strolling along past the vendor's bird cart.

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 12:23 AM
Those addressing the thief

The thief is quick, already starting to sprint away by the time most people can react. Kojiro and Talar however, ever light on their feet. Take the initiative.

Kojiro leaps into the air, wings spreading out, while Talar takes the ground. While the thief is faster than both Talar's little legs and Kojiro's wings, they react quickly enough to not give him the chance in the first place. Kojiro lands in front of him, while Talar flanks him from the rear, halting him.

"Eep!" he shouts, raising his hands in surrender.
"H-Hey... Bird guy... W-won't you let a guy go...? I mean, that merchant is a complete scumbag you know...? I were listenin... He had you in a cage and everything! And you half-halfing... he totally ripped you off! Twenty five gold for a sparrow...?"

He takes a moment to listen to Jacob's magically infused words... he starts sweating and the bag of money drops to the ground.

Bardley
2014-04-15, 12:25 AM
"Of course, hopefully everything has gone well." Sariah follows Krill in search of the rest of the party.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-15, 12:37 AM
"Heh. Sucker." Jacob smirks when the thief drops the bag. "Ahhh, I love being me sometimes." He starts leisurely walking toward the party behind Alyssa and Krill.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-15, 08:13 AM
Talar smirks at the thief before turning around to follow Jacob but calls back to the thief one last time.

"If you want to be a thief and survive, odds are that you should be sneakier."

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 08:22 PM
Everyone

The shopkeep walks over to the thief, and kicks him hard in the shins, causing him to stagger and crouch down a bit. He picks up his gold, "Stupid boy!" he shouts, spitting on him.

The thief sits on the ground then, rubbing his shin, "I... I just wanted to go to the party..." he glances up at the people around him, "P-Please don't kill me!"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 08:36 PM
Perhaps, if you tell us what this party is?

NamonakiRei
2014-04-15, 08:36 PM
Jacob raises both eyebrows. "Party?" He says, amusingly enough at the same time as Daruis.

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 08:45 PM
Everybody

The thief shrinks under the harsh gaze of Daruis, "You... You don't know?"
He glances around a bit, "Tomorrow is the big celebration... The century anniversary of Reishier... Everyone is going to celebrate... and the King is hosting a party! But only the wealthy can enter... 10 gold just to be there!
And..." he sighs and starts to focus on his feet, "When I saw the shopkeeper leave the bag there I thought it was my chance... I could do there and romance a fine noblelady and get rich quick that way..."

The shopkeeper scoffs and kicks him again, "What foolish delusions, child!"

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 08:47 PM
Krill claps his hands in delight.

"A party hosted by a king? Aye, that's the place to be. What say we go and visit? Surely it will be a fun time. Maybe you'll see your bandit king friend there as well, hmm?"

NamonakiRei
2014-04-15, 08:53 PM
Jacob smirks, "Heh, if you need to steal gold in order to get to a party like that I doubt you were going to dazzle any ladies." He looks toward the castle atop the city. "Hmmm. Sounds like it'll be an... interesting party."

Bardley
2014-04-15, 08:58 PM
Sirah turns to Jacob, she appears to be rocking back and forth with excitement. "I've never been to such a lavish occasion before, it sounds like it would be an absolute blast!" She begins nervously playing with her fingers behind her back. "I would be most honored if you would allow me to attend with you... and your friends of course." She gives a cursory glace towards the rest of the party.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 09:06 PM
*picks the thief up by the collar*" you get to live today plebeian but I think you should choose a new style of life before you end up in this situation again *drops the thief*

Truth Seeker
2014-04-15, 09:09 PM
Talar looks the thief up and down, before smirking at him and fishing into his pockets. He pulls out a few coins, tossing them to the young lad.

"Here, 12 coins. Enjoy the party, and save a little for yourself."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-15, 09:14 PM
Jacob turns to Alyssa, with a charming grin. "Of course, lady Alyssa! The honor would be mine." He makes a small bow at the end...

Bardley
2014-04-15, 09:26 PM
"Now that the all the excitement is over, maybe we should go back to our original plan of tracking down an Inn. eh? The shopkeep said we would be able to find lodging in the merchant's district, correct?" She motions towards the street that the merchant had pointed out earlier. "We'll have plenty of time to prepare for the party, it isn't until tomorrow after all."

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 09:30 PM
"I agree with Alyssa. If tomorrow's party is as extravagant as I hope it will be, we must be at our best tomorrow. Let's find that inn, shall we?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 09:36 PM
Then let us go. *heads to the inn.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-15, 10:16 PM
*follows Darius, eyes wary for any other would be thieves.*

"Do we even have the proper attire for a party?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 10:27 PM
"we are at a market place halfling if you need clothes for a party simply buy some I of course will be attending in my armor and generals armor is also a generals suit.

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 10:35 PM
Everyone

Following the shopkeep's advice, the group heads along the northeast curve of the road (for a visual reference, the entrance lets you out on the southern end of the city, facing north,) as the group travels they come across what looks a wooden gate, which seems to serve as a divider between the city's districts. It's guarded by four men standing around, but unlike the front gate, it's open, and the guards seem more friendly than stern. They nod or even wave as you move by.

The merchants district is a lot busier than the lower district. The streets despite being fairly wide and quite crowded. While in the lower districts there were only a few scattered merchant booths, this place is full of them. There seems to a constant line of stalls selling all sorts of things. As well as many indoor shops. While the majority of the crowd is human, you can still see that Reishier is fairly diverse. Halflings, dwarves, elves, gnomes, many of the primary races of Oldenburg can be seen walking these streets.
You find not just one inn but multiple, for the most part, they're two story buildings, a tavern on the bottom floor and the rooms to stay in at the back and second floor. There's not really large enough differences in these inns to note, so I assume you go to one for the day.

The tavern is surprisingly not very busy. An innkeep stands behind a desk. The innkeep is a woman, clearly elf or half-elf, thin and frail looking, with angular facial features, but her pale hair hides her ears well. She eyes the group as they enter, but doesn't say anything. To her left is a staircase going upstairs, and too her right a large room full of tables. Some scattered merchants are drinking or having an early supper.

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 10:39 PM
Krill saunters up to the front desk, leaning on the counter.

"Hello. I've just travelled in with a few friends, and I was wondering if you have any vacancies?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 10:55 PM
Krill

The innkeep flinches at your appearance, especially when you open your mouth. Regardless, she nods a little, "Y-Yes... We hardly have anyone upstairs today." She leans down and fetches some a ring of keys, "It's two gold a person to spend the evening, four gold total if you want breakfast, lunch and dinner too, she says, a bit nervously.

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 10:59 PM
"Aye, that'll do."

Krill reaches down at his belt, digging at his coin purse. He retrieves five gold coins, still caked in sand.

"I'll throw in an extra if you tell us more about this grand party going on tomorrow, eh?"

Bardley
2014-04-15, 11:03 PM
Sirah joins Krill at the counter, placing four gold coins on the table and taking her key. "Well, I'm going to go get situated in my room if you would all excuse me. Please, come up and knock on my door if you need me." She heads to the stairs, ascends, and then heads directly to her room, locking the door behind her.

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 11:09 PM
Krill

The innkeeper hesitates a bit, she doesn't seem to like the idea of speaking to you longer than she needs to. She eyes the extra coin though and says, "Well... Tomorrow is the 100th year anniversary of Reishier... So the entire city is going to have a celebration. King Jozsolin himself is having a private party only the wealthy can attend, as well as the Peacekeepers and some select others." she busies herself with cleaning a glass as she speaks.

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 11:15 PM
Krill frowns, placing his clawed fingers around his pile of coin on the table, mimicking a cage with his talon-like nails.

"I must say, that's not what I expected to hear. Surely you have more to say, right?" implored Krill, grinning with his wicked teeth.

Intimidation check: [roll0]

Truth Seeker
2014-04-15, 11:17 PM
Talar places four gold coins onto the counter, nodding before moving over to claim a table for the group, moving enough chairs to accommodate everyone. He calls over as he finishes.

"Jacob, would you mind grabbing me a drink? I'll pay ya back!"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 11:21 PM
*places coins on table*Room for one more on that table halfling?

Truth Seeker
2014-04-15, 11:32 PM
"Yep, I'm pretty sure I counted right."

Talar waves Darius over, sitting himself down into a chair with a small pipe.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-15, 11:38 PM
*places greataxe on table * Sits and starts to stretch shoulder* Bah what a pain I didn't even get to use my axe today, quiet days like this are reasons my brothers and I went to pursue careers in battle.

The Blackbird
2014-04-15, 11:41 PM
Krill

The woman shudders and stands up straight, grimacing at the situation she's found herself in, "Well... It's um... I know the charge to attend the party is ten gold... it might be higher for...for outsiders I'm not sure..." she stutters, "I um... I think King Jozsolin is going to give a speech probably... Um..." she searches for more things to say...

Alhuggins
2014-04-15, 11:47 PM
Krill releases the gold coins, and drops all 5 to the table.

"Ah, thank you. It's been a pleasure doing business."

Krill then walks away from the counter to the table with Darius and Talar and plops down on a stool.

"What a day it's been. It's been a while since I've been in the company of such fine and upstanding gentlemen, such as yourselves. What do you do for fun around these parts?"

NamonakiRei
2014-04-16, 12:00 AM
Jacob grabs a coin from his bag and plays with it between his fingers, he gives the innkeeper a dashing smile and puts himself between her and the others, taking up much of her line of sight. "Fine lady, if you'd be so kind, I'd like a room as well as a couple of drinks. How much would it be?" With a wink, he adds, "And such a charming lady working at this place, I imagine you must hear all sorts of rumours, am I right?"

Dimplomacy [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 02:21 AM
Jacob

The innkeep blushes at your words and becomes a bit flustered, "I... Nothing really... Just things the merchants gossip about..." she sighs a little, "Getting a lot of odd folk here too, lately..." she says, glancing over to where Krill is now sitting.

Hazofriend
2014-04-16, 03:55 PM
Kojiro having turned back to his human form pays the lovely innkeeper 2 gold in order to enjoy an evening as a human, then sitting down at the table with Darius and Talor.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-16, 08:45 PM
"Odd folk? How do you mean? Odd like..." He looks at Krill for a moment, eyebrows raised, "Or odd in a different fasion?" He asks, now looking directly at her.

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 10:11 PM
Jacob

She sighs a bit, "Odd like him... And others too. We've gotten more adventurers lately it seems. People walking around the place armed to the teeth. They're not people here to bring war... but they bring trouble, and the reason most of us are here is to stay away from people like that. Reishier only needs one adventuring group, and that's our Peacekeepers." she smiles a little.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-16, 10:16 PM
"Oh? Your peacekeepers? You'll forgive my ignorance, dear lady, since I'm from quite far away, but who are these peacekeepers?" He asks, in a charming tone of voice.

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 10:20 PM
Jacob

She blushes a little, "Our Peacekeepers are Reishier's own adventurers. They're made up of a bunch of misfits from around Oldenburg." she smiles, "They kept us safe when our city was threatened six years ago."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-16, 10:34 PM
"They sound interesting." Jacob looks thoughtful for a moment, trying to recall anything he's heard about all this...
Bardic Knowledge [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 10:40 PM
Jacob

You think things over for a moment. While you do recall a few rumors and stories of some sort of event, something that almost ended Reishier's peace streak, you cannot recall the specifics very well.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-16, 10:50 PM
Jacob sighs a bit, then smiles charmingly. "Well, thank you for the talk, milady. Now, how much for those drinks?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 11:00 PM
Jacob

She smiles, "Don't worry about it sweetie, you've already paid for a meal and all." she quickly serves up drinks for you.

Everybody

The party spends the rest of the afternoon and evening relaxing in the tavern, before going to sleep at the inn. The rooms are quite large and very comfortable. Everybody gets plenty of sleep, and wake up in the morning of the next day...

Alhuggins
2014-04-16, 11:10 PM
Krill walks out of his room, fully rested. He skulks out into the tavern, ready to start his day.

Bardley
2014-04-16, 11:13 PM
As soon as Sirah wakes up she heads down to the tavern, while she eats a light breakfast and waits for the rest of the group to arrive she attempts to listen in on any conversations that are taking place in the dining area.

Listen check: [roll0]

Truth Seeker
2014-04-16, 11:29 PM
Talar spends the morning sharpening his blades, looking over them to make sure that they are in working order. Soon afterward, he joins Sirah down in the Inn common room, ready for a new day and new opportunities.

Alhuggins
2014-04-16, 11:38 PM
"Aye, good morning Alyssa and Talar. Have any plans this morning?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-16, 11:52 PM
Everyone
Now that it's morning, the tavern is considerably more noisy, with many people drinking and eating breakfast in the tavern area.

Sirah

Ignoring your allies for the moment, you try to focus on the conversations going on around the tavern. Keeping a keen ear to try to catch interesting and relevant conversation.

"Boy the beef sure was good last night..."

"And he caught a fish *this* big!..."

"I hope this rash goes away real soon..."

After spending some time going through inane conversations such as these, you catch one in particular.

"Hey did you hear about what happened to Mallahey?" one merchant says to another, who shakes his head and listens.
"When he went down to his workshop this morning, he found his apprentice knocked out, and the place ransacked!"
"Oh? The whole shop?!" the other merchant replies, in shock. His friend nods,
"Yeah, all the weapons were gone. But try to keep it down ok? He said he went to the guards discreetly, he doesn't want to spoil the mood of a good day..."

Bardley
2014-04-17, 12:07 AM
Krill's question snaps Sirah out of her focus. "Oh.. yeah, I'm afraid I do have some plans this morning, they're terribly boring. I just need to stop by the marketplace to purchase a few necessities. Actually, if you'll excuse me, I should be heading out now, I'm not too sure how long the shops will be open today, considering the festivities later on, after all." She stands up, bows slightly, and walks towards the exit, leaving her plate half-empty.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 12:10 AM
Krill also jolts up out of his seat, walking alongside Alyssa out the door.

"What a fine coincidence! I was just heading out as well. Perhaps we can escort each other through this vast and unpredictable city, hmm?"

Bardley
2014-04-17, 12:21 AM
As Sirah looks at Krill from the corner of her eyes he can, for just a moment, see a hint of contempt or annoyance in her face, which quickly subsides and is replaced by her normal calm look. "Of course, Krill, I don't see anything wrong with that." She steps through the door and exits out onto the street.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 12:25 AM
"Ha ha! There we go! After you, my dear."

Krill follows Alyssa out onto the streets. Walking by her side, he leans in close.

"I know it's none of my business, but I can't help but stick around with these fellows and their goal. Looking for the Bandit King n'all. You get me? So I was thinking 'why not going and check out the festival grounds before the party', get a lay of the land, if you catch my drift. What do you think?"

Bardley
2014-04-17, 12:35 AM
"We think alike, I can't help but want to help them find this Bandit King as well, I think searching the festival grounds is a splendid idea, Krill"

Sirah continues to walk beside Krill for a few minutes, biding her time, once Krill has his eyes off of her, she attempts to blend into a crowd and lose him.

[roll0]

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 12:47 AM
Krill frantically looks around, trying to spot Alyssa in the crowd.

"Where on earth did you go?"

Krill rolls a spot check: [roll0]

Bardley
2014-04-17, 12:52 AM
Sirah ducks into an alleyway, away from prying eyes. She removes the white cloak she had been using to disguise herself, revealing her armor and equipment underneath, and stores the robe in her pack.

She recites the incantation for the Invisibility spell

Exiting the alleyway, she quickly makes her way towards the Merchant's district, now invisible

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 01:04 AM
Krill looks around, seeing only faces unknown to him.

"Grrr. I'll show you to lose me in a crowd."

Krill releases his face from his hood into the dry city air, and parts his lips. He then flicks his long, reptilian-like tongue through the air, to catch a scent of his lost companion.

Krill uses his Willing Deformity (tongue) to activate Blindsight

"Perhaps I'll meet you at the merchant's" he hisses aloud.

Krill makes his way to the merchant's district with his eyes closed, using his acute scent to guide him through, and to spot Alyssa in the crowd.

Bardley
2014-04-17, 01:16 AM
After reaching the Merchant's District, Sirah finds a safe place to cancel her invisibility spell and then begins to ask around at the various stalls in an attempt to discern the location of Mallahey's Workshop.

Gather Information: [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 01:33 AM
Krill

You activate blindsense. Initially this doesn't help you, as you sense the presence of the crowd around you, it's almost impossible to distinguish anyone in particular. However, your freakish appearance, especially your long tongue, quickly causes people to assure they are avoiding you. This allows you a more open area to distinguish individuals with as you walk deeper into the merchant's district.

Sirah

After becoming visible, you quickly ask a few people to find the smithy, and you are easily guided there. It's a wide, one floor building. It has no windows, and it's entrance is a double door, that is padlocked shut.

Bardley
2014-04-17, 01:44 AM
"Gao." She utters a foreign-sounding expletive under her breath before heading into an alleyway and once again speaks the incantations of the Invisibility spell.

Now invisible, she attempts to jump up to the roof of the building.

[roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 01:59 AM
Sirah

Invisible, you make a running jump to try to get to the top of the building. Your leap is quite impressive, but the building while only one story is still a bit tall. You leap up the wall of the building and manage to only to grab onto the ledge of the roof, leaving you hanging there. It will take a bit of strength to pull yourself up. (A climb check)
From this position however, you can see the crowd on the road to the side. You also spot a space in the crowd, Krill is at its center, people seem to be avoiding him, and for good reason, he has a ridiculously long tongue, and he's pointing around with it.

Krill
You continue to walk through the merchant's district when suddenly, you detect something with your blindsense. It only lasts about a second, something very small zips towards you at fast speeds. You feel a prick in your leg.
Make a Fortitude save.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 02:07 AM
Fortitude save [roll0]

Bardley
2014-04-17, 02:18 AM
[roll0] (I knew not taking climb would be the death of me)

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 02:50 AM
Krill

Looking to your leg, you see a little dart protruding from it. Suddenly poison surges through your body. Your kneels begin to shake, and you almost double over. Your muscles tense up and almost freeze, you feel like you will be paralyzed.
But despite your gaunt appearance, you are no feeble man. Your body rejects the poison, causing you immense pain in the moment that it does. You feel vomit build in your throat, but in the next moment you stand up straight again. Coming out of the event with 2 points of dexterity damage (as opposed to 2d6 points). Your body still shaky, you look around. The street is still crowded, some people are staring at you. To your right is the smithy, and to your left is an inn...

Sirah

You attempt to raise yourself onto the roof of the building. You push up a bit, but your arms give out and you fall back down to hanging on. At least you didn't strain yourself too much, or accidentally let go. You may try again if you wish. But in the meantime, you see Krill's little episode.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 02:54 AM
Krill coughs up the lingering matter in his throat, shivering in place.

"T-this pain! It's absolutely ideal..."

Krill looks around for his would-be assailant.

"...don't think you're getting off that easy..."

[roll0]

Bardley
2014-04-17, 02:58 AM
Noticing Krill's strange behavior, Sirah takes a moment to see if she can spot whatever is causing him to keel over.

Spot Check: [roll0]

She also attempts to yet again climb onto the roof.

Climb [roll1]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 03:02 AM
Krill

You glance about, but all you see are the faces of shoppers giving you odd looks...

Sirah

You focus in on Krill and notice the dart sticking into his leg, it's clear from his behavior that he's been poisoned.
Not only that, but as your keen eyes dart back to level, you see movement in the window of the inn across from you, on the second floor of it. An individual moves to the side of the window, holding what looks like a blowgun. While a person on the ground would have much difficulty noticing this, you have a much better vantage point.
Too bad you can't take advantage of it because you still can't bring yourself on top of the roof.

Bardley
2014-04-17, 03:09 AM
Sirah, deciding the mysterious attacker to be a far more interesting lead, drops down to the ground and runs at her full speed towards the inn, still invisible.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 03:14 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

"Grrr, You may be hidden from my eyes, but I will not give you a second chance to harm me..."

Krill straightens up, and begins speaking in Infernal, and ancient and terrible language. From his mouth, a thick sheet of fog falls to the ground. It then expands and engulfs his body, covering a 20 radius.

Krill casts Breath of the Night

Using his remaining actions, Krill stops to observe his assailant once more. Spot check: [roll1]

Bardley
2014-04-17, 03:22 AM
Initiative roll: [roll0]

Sirah continues towards the inn, briefly stopping at the entrance to apply Drow Poison to her blade before entering.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-17, 07:32 AM
Talar eats his breakfast, puffing small rings of smoke from his pipe.

"The others have been gone a long time...they better not have gotten themselves into trouble."

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 05:03 PM
Sirah

You walk into the inn, causing a few people to look curiously at the open door with no one there. To put things simply, this inn isn't that different looking from the other one. At least in structure.

Krill

A few shouts and shrieks form around you as your spell forms around you. Not understanding what is going on, people are fleeing in multiple directions, yelling things like, "Sorcery!" and "Guards come quick!"
Glancing around some more, you still can't see your assailant. They don't seem to do anything for this round.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 05:14 PM
Krill keeps his position in the mist, trying to spot the assailant in the crowd.

Spot check [roll0]

Krill is also going to charge up a Sickening Blast Invocation if he spots the assailant.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 05:18 PM
Jacob lazily walks up the stairs, and looks around. He winks at the Innkeeper as he walks by, and heads toward Talar.
"Hey."

Bardley
2014-04-17, 05:22 PM
Trying to avoid knocking into the patrons, Sirah makes her way up the stairs and runs to the room that she saw the assailant in. She tries the knob to see if the door is unlocked, if not she attempts to quickly disable the lock.

Disable Device: [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 05:39 PM
Sirah

You charge up the stairs, as you do, your eye catches an indent on the stair below the top one. You see what you think is some sort of pressure pad trap on it, so you skip over that one and head for the door. You begin to pick the lock (which goes into next round).

Krill

You ready a blast of energy in your hand as you glance around more. But you soon find yourself interrupted by an object falling atop you. A contain bursts beside you, sending a sticky glue substance everywhere.
(Roll a percentile dice, there's a 20% chance it misses due to your fog, and then roll a reflex save as well in case that fails.)

You at the very least are certain now that your attacker is above you and to your left, surly hiding in one of the four inn windows to the side. It'll be difficult for him to be able to attack and hide successfully again. Your readied action carries into next round, putting you at the top of the action.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 05:41 PM
Percentile: [roll0]

Once again Krill attempts to spot his opponent: [roll1]

Truth Seeker
2014-04-17, 06:56 PM
Talar greets Jacob, gesturing to a nearby table.

"Have a seat, the food is pretty good."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 07:39 PM
Jacob does take a seat then, looking around. "No one else up yet?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-17, 07:51 PM
*daruis entering the main room * It seems I have slept in today, how are you two this morning? * grabs drink

Truth Seeker
2014-04-17, 07:56 PM
"Sirah and Krill have been gone for a while. Probably both went to the market. Probably to get stuff before the party tonight."

Talar shrugs momentarily before taking another puff of his pipe.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-17, 08:03 PM
well it seems that they're up to there own vices, what shall we do today?

Truth Seeker
2014-04-17, 08:14 PM
"I'm tempted to go out and look for where the party will be. I don't like being late."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 08:19 PM
Jacob shrugs a bit. "I'm tempted to check out the market district. Maybe they have some good things..." He smirks a bit. "Not that I need anything for tonight." Indeed, Jacob's clothing is of rather fine making. He wouldn't really seem out of place at a fine party without the armour.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-17, 08:26 PM
I am set for the party my armor should suffice, I just need some exercise.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 08:41 PM
"Excercise... in full black armor... in the middle of the desert. Heh. Suit yourself 'Ruis" Jacob smirks. "So... we go check out the place?"

Truth Seeker
2014-04-17, 09:17 PM
Talar hops off of his chair, nodding swiftly in the affirmative before striding towards the door.

"We'll stay together. I don't want you two causing any trouble."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 09:20 PM
"Would I ever?" Jacob smirks, standing up as well and following.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-17, 10:02 PM
If we find trouble I have an answer to it *tapping his axe* *walking towards the group*

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 10:53 PM
Jacob walks out, looking around and trying to see or hear anything interesting.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 11:02 PM
Jacob

It doesn't take long after you walk outside you hear some interesting things. There's people moving quickly from the other direction, they seem to be coming from the other end of the merchant's district. You hear people mutter things like, "There's some business with a spellcaster, how exciting!" and "Some dark magician make a cloud of fog over near my stall, oh if he steals something I'll gut him!"

Krill
The glue bomb or whatever it was misses you entirely. You cast your eyes up at the windows, prepared to spot where the attack is when he next shows his face, your energy blast at the ready.

Sirah

You finish picking the lock, and open the door to step in. Make a reflex save!

Bardley
2014-04-17, 11:04 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]

NamonakiRei
2014-04-17, 11:08 PM
"Well that sounds interesting..." He smirks a bit, and starts walking in that general direction, presumably followed by the other two?

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 11:16 PM
Sirah

What looks like a bag drops from the ceiling as you open the door. You react a little slowly for your tastes, but the trap is child's play. You dodge out of the way easily as the bag hits the ground and explodes into a glue like paste.

The inn room is small, not leaving much room to maneuver, especially with the glue paste now covering the exit.
The assailant turns around, alarmed, to face you. They clearly don't have any idea where you are though. He's wearing a dark cloak, and he looks unarmored, he has a pair of weapon sheaths at his side and what looks like a pair of wands and a bag around his belt. His face is concealed by hood, bandanna, and balaclava. He stays in the corner of the room, leaning against the corner, keeping himself from view of the window.

Krill maintains his readied action.

Jacob

As you head down the road, you see guards ahead of you, moving in a hustle.

Bardley
2014-04-17, 11:29 PM
Sirah approaches the assailant slowly, taking great pleasure in watching his scared and confused eyes darting around the room, trying to locate her. She brandishes her sword, aiming for his chest, and lunges forward to stab him through.

[roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 11:32 PM
Sirah approaches the assailant slowly, taking great pleasure in watching his scared and confused eyes darting around the room, trying to locate her. She brandishes her sword, aiming for his chest, and lunges forward to stab him through.

[roll0]

Roll damage please, remember to add your sneak attack.

Bardley
2014-04-17, 11:37 PM
[roll0] [roll1] (sorry, first forum rp)

The Blackbird
2014-04-17, 11:54 PM
Sirah

You drive your blade into his side, and give him a fierce cut across the chest, a splash of blood splatters on the wall and floor. This removes your invisibility.

"Kaahhhhhh!" the assassin lets out a grunt of pain, and swears loudly, speaking the language of flames. "Gao!"

He staggers backwards, eyes pull of fear and rage. His eye droop a bit then, but he quickly shakes his head, the drow poison seems to have minimal effect.

Krill

As he staggers over, Krill finally sees him, as well as Sirah in the window. The shot will be mildly difficult, he has a bit of cover from the window, but his opportunity to strike has finally come.

Alhuggins
2014-04-17, 11:59 PM
Krill thrusts his palm to the attacker as arcs of dark energy fire from his hand.

Eldritch Blast augmented with Sickening Blast: [roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-18, 12:04 AM
Krill and Sirah

The blast of energy hits into the head of the assassin, making him fly across the room and slam into the wall. He crumples to the ground, no longer moving...

Around the same time, Krill can see a group of guards coming from behind him. About four of them, two with crossbows out and the other two approaching swords drawn, "Put your hands behind your back spellcaster!"

Jacob and the rest of the group follows in behind them.

Bardley
2014-04-18, 12:17 AM
Sirah runs to the unconscious body of the assassin and covers it with the robe in her pack before heaving it over her shoulder. She moves down the stairs as fast as she can and moves out through the backdoor of the tavern.

Alhuggins
2014-04-18, 12:19 AM
Krill turns about, still surrounded by a thick fog. He digs into his pouch and procures a leather case carrying a deck of cards. He flips through the deck, and throws out a card at random onto the ground. He then tries to sneak away the opposite direction of the guards.

Hide check: [roll0]

Truth Seeker
2014-04-18, 01:03 AM
*Search Check for the Party Location [roll](1d20+0)[roll/]*
-Edit- (Ignore roll)

The Blackbird
2014-04-18, 02:11 AM
Krill

Laying down your guard and scuttling away, you see the image of a dragon on the front of it. Suddenly, the card disappears, and in it's place is the very life like illusion of a red dragon.

One of the guards shouts, "It's a dragon! The spellcaster was a dragon! Someone go get the Peacekeepers!

The guards scatter about, completely ignoring Krill as he dashes away, even if it is in plain sight due to his butchered hide check.

Everybody

The group is moving through the street behind the guards. Talar looks about to see where Alyssa and Krill are, however, instead he sees a massive red dragon take to the sky, hovering a few dozen feet in the air. As its wings flap, a gust of wind flows over the area, the guards seem to be scattering in all directions.

Sirah

The assassin is heavy, you certainly couldn't sprint while holding him. But you do manage to get down the steps, again without triggering the pressure pad. You hustle through the tavern area to the back door. You draw a stare or two, but most of the people seem far more distracted what seems to be a dragon outside. You go through the back door and find yourself in an empty alleyway behind all the shops. In front of you is a wall of sorts.

Bardley
2014-04-18, 02:19 AM
Sirah turns and runs through the alleyways behind the various shops, searching for any buildings that look abandoned/unoccupied or for any sewer entrances to duck into, if its truly necessary.

[roll0]

Alhuggins
2014-04-18, 02:23 AM
Krill, using the lumbering presence of the Red Dragon as a dirstraction, makes his way through alleyways and around crowds to return to the inn. One his way back he comes across the rest of the party. He stands up and makes his presence known, "playing it cool".

"Aye, good morning friends! How are you? Did you see Alyssa? I must have lost her in all the commotion..."

The Blackbird
2014-04-18, 02:26 AM
Sirah

You quickly move through the alleyway, looking about. Around one corner, you spot a door into the side of the building, you think it might be a storage room. You're very lucky you caught it, it wasn't easy to see at all from the angle you were at. The door is locked, but the lock isn't particularly difficult, you can make the DC by even taking 10, so I won't make you roll.

Inside there are a few crates and things, it's dark, and there doesn't seem to by anyone around. The assassin around your back is making very light breathing sounds. He is far from conscious though.

Bardley
2014-04-18, 02:37 AM
Sirah clears out a space in the room and lays the assassin down. She doesn't know much about medicine but she at least takes the now-ruined white cloak and presses it to his wound. She begins checking his pockets in an attempt to locate any orders he had on his person, as she does this she mutters to herself in a foreign language. "Why in all the hells would a member of the order be all the way out here in Reishier without me knowing about it..."

(The rest of this thingy is going to play out in PMs between me and Blackbird so we don't flood the thread more than we already have.)

Truth Seeker
2014-04-18, 10:02 AM
Talar searches for the location of the Celebration, eager to not be late this evening.

Search Check: (1d20+0)

Hazofriend
2014-04-18, 02:41 PM
Kojiro uses this time to go back to the inn and change, donning a different color pair of sleeves and leggings, as well as pinning his otherwise long dark black hair up in oriental style. He removes his ragged brown cloak, revealing scaled leather armor of a foreign design. He joins the group in their search for the party.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-18, 06:16 PM
Jacob looks a tad startled by Krill's appearance, and looks up at the dragon for a few moments. Then he looks at Krill again, shrugging a bit. "Haven't seen her." He says, looking around. "Any idea what all the commotion was about?" He asks casually.

Alhuggins
2014-04-18, 07:43 PM
Krill shrugs, mustering all of his acting skills to do so.

"Haven't the foggiest, Jacob. Looks like something with a dragon. Nasty business. I sure hope it doesn't damper tonight's party, that's for sure. Anyways, how about we leave this scene? Guards causing a ruckus and all..."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-18, 08:45 PM
Jacob shrugs a bit, "It seems odd a dragon would do this though." He looks around some more, but in the end he just rolls his eyes a bit dramatically. "Maybe he contracted that same Lack of Common Sense disease I've seen around." He smirks a bit.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-19, 09:50 AM
Talar looks one more time for the location of the party, being careful to ask people around him for information about it, as well as being careful for anyone out to get him.

Search Check: [roll](1d20+0)[\roll]

The Blackbird
2014-04-19, 10:40 PM
Everybody

People start screaming and running about everywhere. At this point Kojiro catches up with the group, and joins them in seeing the huge red dragon, which lets out a roar. It shoots a burst of flame into the air, heating the atmosphere around you. It starts to fly higher into the air, and begins to fly toward the castle.

Talar

You move about the place and turn to ask some people some questions,
"Dragons are attacking, run for your lives!" and other exclamations.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-19, 10:51 PM
Jacob watches Kojiro catch up to the group, smirking a bit. "Whatever happened to the early bird getting the worm, eh? Or, wyrm in this case." He looks up at the Dragon again. "It's sad, really, the collective insanity is getting even to the most legendary creatures." He says, in an overly dramatic way.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-20, 09:32 AM
Talar smirks, looking to turn against the current of people fleeing the dragon.

"You know, I've had my breakfast but I always feel out of sorts without some morning exercise."

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 01:59 PM
Krill steps forward to Talar, in between him and the crowd moving past them.

"Er, you're not thinking of going after that thing, do you? Look! It's nearly flown away! No point in going after than beast anyway, leave it to the valiant Reishier guard to slay that beast. Besides, we should look for Alyssa, as I fear for her safety amidst this cacophony. What do you say? Let's not abandon our dear friend, eh?"

Bardley
2014-04-20, 05:41 PM
Sirah, now once again concealed under a white cloak, is running with the panicked crowd and looks fearful. She reached the group and stops, looking towards Krill. "Oh thank the gods, I don't know how we lost each other back there, but I was looking everywhere for you, and then suddenly there was this dark smoke and then a dragon just appeared out of nowhere!" She breathes a sigh of relief. "Luckily it looks not none of you were hurt, I'm so glad."

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 06:04 PM
"Oh wonderful, our friend's arrive! Here, Alyssa, I picked up something at the market that might interest you..."

Krill guide Alyssa away from the group, glaring at her with scrutiny.

"...how did you say you got lost again?"

Sense motive: [roll0]

Bardley
2014-04-20, 06:10 PM
"Hmm... I haven't the slightest idea. I must of been distracted, had the party tonight to think about after all."

Bluff Roll: [roll0]

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 06:30 PM
At this moment Jacob interjects in the conversation, "Ah, don't hassle the lady, Krill, I'm sure she was scared among all the confusion." He makes a shooing motion with his hand at him. "Dear lady! I'm glad to see you alright. We were looking for you all over!" He says, with a dramatic voice and gestures, and giving her a winning smile at the end. "You're not hurt, I trust?"

Bardley
2014-04-20, 06:41 PM
Sirah gives Jacob an appreciative smile. "Thank you for your concern Jacob, but i'm fine. The crowd was pretty hectic and I was bumped around a few times in the panic, but it's nothing even remotely serious."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 06:53 PM
Jacob smiles charmingly. "I am very glad nothing major happened, Alyssa. But from now on let's try to move as a group, eh? I wouldn't want you to get lost again."

Hazofriend
2014-04-20, 07:02 PM
"Are we all just going to ignore the big red dragon?" Kojiro asks. "If any of you have some sort of ranged abilities we should find a means to distract it and lead it away. Other wise I can attempt to distract it" Kojiro readies to spring up at the dragon.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 07:19 PM
Jacob shrugs, "I got nothing. But if you fancy becoming roasted chicken that's on you."

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 08:57 PM
Everybody

At this point, a few arrows fly overhead and hit into the dragon. A few spurts of blood fall from between it's scales, arrows pointing out of them. It lets out a roar in response.

To your left, standing from an elevated wall appears to be an archer of sorts. Beside him is a little halfling girl, who casts a spell. (You may roll spellcraft if applicable.) Once the incantation is complete, a spell hits the dragon and it vanishes.
The halfling turns to say something to her archer ally before she floats down to the street.

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 09:01 PM
Spellcraft!!!!
[roll0]

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 09:04 PM
Krill

Witnessing the spell, you determine it to be of the Abjuration spell school. Consider that and its effect, you think it was a dispel of sorts.

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 09:07 PM
Krill witnesses the halfling float down to the street and pulls up his hood, attempting to be inconspicuous.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 09:11 PM
Spellcraft too: [roll0]
Jacob looks as the scene unfolds, frowning a bit, trying to determine what sort of spell was cast.

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 09:17 PM
Jacob

You identify the spell on the spot as Dispel Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm).

Truth Seeker
2014-04-20, 09:21 PM
Talar scowls, looking up at the dragon, a murderous gleam in his eyes.

"You do not understand, but it is not a matter I will speak of."

Bardley
2014-04-20, 09:26 PM
Sirah takes a few steps back from the halfling, and eyes her up and down, as if studying her.

Truth Seeker
2014-04-20, 09:33 PM
Talar turns to Sirah, his gaze softening as he looked at her frightened form.

"I did not mean to scare you. My apologies."

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 09:34 PM
Everybody

The halfling looks over to the group, smiling cheerfully. Never before have you witnessed a face so full of warmth and happiness. She almost seems like less of a halfling and more like a fairy. She's small and dainty, but beautifully so. Though clearly a spellcaster, she wears not a robe, but rather a simple brightly colored dress. Her light brown hair is set in a ponytail behind her.

"Hi!" she calls out to us.

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 09:37 PM
"Why, hello." Jacob smiles, not a smile quite as charming as the ones he usually gives Alyssa, but a charming smile nonetheless.

The Nightwalker
2014-04-20, 09:39 PM
greetings *trying to still be stern but it is hard due to the halfling.*

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 09:40 PM
Krill looks down at her, still concealing his face beneath the dark fabric of his cloak.

"H-hello madam, It sure is a fine day in Reishier, isn't it! Thankfully you took care of that frightening Dragon, or we'd all be food, right? Anyways, I think we'll be on our way, right friends? Heh heh....."

Hazofriend
2014-04-20, 09:41 PM
Kojiro bows to the halfling"I have never seen a magic user so proficient as to be able to make a dragon disappear like that. Truely, this one is honored to meet you spellcaster"

Bardley
2014-04-20, 09:48 PM
Sirah offers a slight bow to the halfling. "That was truly a spectacular feat, ma'am, The people of this city are in your debt."

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 09:49 PM
Everyone

The halfling smiles warmly, but looks to Kojiro first, giggling "Don't be silly! That wasn't a real dragon, just an illusion!" she sighs a bit exasperatedly, "I guess someone wanted to clear out the merchant district... We'll probably have to search around for some stolen goods."

At this point, her archer friend joins her. To complement her beauty this man seems quite dashing. Lean in body structure and with well kept, mildly lengthy dark hair. His expression is more serious though and he has his arms crossed as he looks at the group, "You all wouldn't know anything about the illusion would you...?"

The Nightwalker
2014-04-20, 09:53 PM
No, I am not versed in magic

Alhuggins
2014-04-20, 09:55 PM
Krill, caught in place by the two strangers, faces the archer and shakes his head, evoking the universal gesture for "no".

Hazofriend
2014-04-20, 09:55 PM
Thieves? Kojiro scans the crowd, looking for suspicious folks and that one thief kid. "This one would love to help in any way he can miss. An illusion that powerful must've come from a strong spellcaster....Hmmm"

Bardley
2014-04-20, 10:01 PM
Sirah strokes her chin contemplatively. "Hmm... An Illusion." Her eyes light up as if she has come to a sudden realization. "Come to think of it, I did see a suspicious man wearing robes, I think I saw him running that way after the dragon appeared." She points down the road, away from the merchants district.

Bluff Roll: [roll0]

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 10:01 PM
"That doesn't sound good. But no, we're not related to the incident in the slightest." Jacob says, with his trademark grin. "May I ask, though, are you of the famous Peacekeepers I've been hearing about?"

The Blackbird
2014-04-20, 10:57 PM
Everyone

The archer stares into Sirah's eyes, piercing her soul.
He then nods, "Cilia, I am going to investigate." he begins moving quickly down the road.

The halfling, Cilia, sighs, "You got it." she looks to Jacob then, smiling warmly and blushing the slightest bit, "That we are! My name's Cilia, my gloomy friend is Will."

Bardley
2014-04-20, 11:03 PM
She waves goodbye to the archer as he walks away, smiling "Glad I was able to help."

She turns back to the halfling. "So, Lady Cilia, would you happen to know when and where the celebration is taking place tonight? It just occurred to me that nobody ever told us."

NamonakiRei
2014-04-20, 11:03 PM
"Very nice to make your acquaintance, Cillia." Jacob smirks a bit. "I have heard about your group, but nowhere near enough. Mind telling me a bit more about yourself...? And your friends." He adds the last bit as if it were an afterthought.

The Blackbird
2014-04-21, 12:00 AM
Everbody

Cilia looks between Jacob and Sirah, and giggles a bit. She turns to Sirah and says briefly, "You're coming to the party? Wonderful! I was worried we'd only get a bunch of boring merchants, teehee! It's at the castle, of course! Tonight at dusk, I'd say people will start showing up around 8 o clock."

She nods then and turns to Jacob, smiling widely, "We're the Peacekeepers! Reishier doesn't suffer from any war, but we get our fair share of mischief here!" she bounces up and down a bit, "We have quite the story of our own too! It's a bit lengthy though. Are you coming to the party too handsome? I can tell you about it there!" she winks.

Alhuggins
2014-04-21, 12:05 AM
Krill chimes in, his voice cracking out into a sharp staccato as he speaks through daggered teeth.

"Mischief! No ma'am, we've been on our best behavior, just waiting for the grand castle party without causing any trouble! Here's a hypothetical question, but if this city was harboring any bandit kings, where would they be and why? Just curious..."