PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A geas/quest help needed

ebisu the witch
2014-04-13, 01:21 AM
so i my character does not like an npc and i am a succubus sorcerer and the npc is human. any-who i don't like the npc so the question is can i geas/quest the npc to being my obedient slave till i die, or is this not possible because of the spells wording. my natural life clearly out lasting that of a human does the spell pass successfully ?

another question some planes of existence have different flows of time so which plane acts as a hyperbolic time chamber i.e in this plane a month passes but in the material plane it was about a half a day.

Deophaun
2014-04-13, 01:43 AM
so i my character does not like an npc and i am a succubus sorcerer and the npc is human. any-who i don't like the npc so the question is can i geas/quest the npc to being my obedient slave till i die, or is this not possible because of the spells wording. my natural life clearly out lasting that of a human does the spell pass successfully ?
In that case, the spell will last for 1 day/caster level. This is essentially the same problem planar binding has; if you summon an elemental and tell it to "guard this room," there's no way for the elemental to complete it itself, so its time limited. Instead, you summon an elemental and tell it to kill the first person who isn't you that enters the room. That's a task the elemental can complete through its own actions, so it lasts until the elemental does the job, even if it has to wait a thousand years for someone to finally enter.

another question some planes of existence have different flows of time so which plane acts as a hyperbolic time chamber
The Plane of Dramatic Clocks is a hyperbolic time chamber...

i.e in this plane a month passes but in the material plane it was about a half a day.
Don't know of any off the top of my head, but I hear terrible rumors that people who go to these places occasionally start to glow with a bright, golden sheen while they're forced to pass gall stones the size of their heads.