PDA

View Full Version : Dynatopos Aleph

Feathersnow
2014-04-13, 06:23 AM
A cute gnomish woman draws the attention of the patrons. Terrorclaws!! a clutch of the things and their mother are lurking in the area, they need to be dealt with!

Starbin
2014-04-14, 06:07 PM
Okay, so I guess we'll kinda presume we're friends who came to this town together, maybe sitting around drinking for a bit. Everyone good with that?

The group had been sitting for a few hours, comfortable in a moment of silence ... that was broken by the small gnomish woman. Hiss glanced at the small woman, then looked to his companions, his unblinking yellow eyes staring at them. "Thisss isss what we do, yesss? Fightsss bad thingsss?" If the others agreed, the large, heavily muscled savage stood and reached for a longspear that rested against the wall. His dark scales shifted between blue and black, and seemed to swallow the lamp light within the inn as he waited for his comrades to rise and join him in battle. The numerous piercings and ritualistic markings on his body, as well as the long scar running from his left cheek to his throat were reminders that he was no stranger to combat ... and often emerged as the victor.

darklink_shadow
2014-04-14, 06:56 PM
Gut-Rip snarled at the lizardman. Eating! EATING! No work. No! No! Eating! I'll gut you all! Kill you all! Burn! Maim! GRAAAAAAARR! EATING! Gut-rip gnashed his teeth together, slammed the table and grabbed the haunch of meat on his plate and gobbled it down quickly. Ok, let's go!

Mantid
2014-04-14, 09:43 PM
Aarbei could only sigh at his companions. There was no one he would trust more out in the wild, but they lacked any sort of social dignity or refinement. Adjusting the hat, a floppy, wide brimmed thing decorated with a fan of three large colored feathers, covering his mop of green hair. "Of course, my lady," the gnomish artificer says with a bow. "It is our pleasure to help eliminate this feral hazard. You have entrusted this task to the most capable of hands, I assure you."

Tugging on the hem of his vest to straighten it, the gnome turned to Hiss. "I'm sure there's no point in asking," Aarbei remarks, pushing one of the feathers of his hat out of the way as he looked up at the towering Nagaji, "but are you ready to hunt? We'll be relying on your wilderness skills to get us pointed in the right direction, once again."

CrimsonKnight
2014-04-15, 02:26 AM
Paz blinked nervously at the raging goblin swiftly devouring its food.

"Hey hey hey, calm down, calm down. No need to go full bull Bigteeth on us, eh? Terrorclaws aren't here, I mean, they're here, but not here here, you know? Unless... do you think they ARE here here? Oh ancient spirits, what if they're waiting outside for us to walk outside so they can... um, how about you go outside and check, just to be sure? I'll, uh... keep watch here."

darklink_shadow
2014-04-15, 03:01 PM
The goblin flicks out a knife and snarls at Paz. Calm?! CALM?! I AM CALM! LETS GO! Rip, shred, kill, tear, bite, gnash, maim, die! No! No die! Terrorclaws die! Rip them apart! Eat them! Juicy! Juicy flesh. Get money from gnome. Apparently forgetting his quarrel with Pak, he packs the knife away again and bolts out the door. With a harsh whistle, the goblin begins screaming again: SMACKTAIL, SMACKTAIL!

However the large herbivore appears quickly enough, and the goblin jumps onto his tail, where a tiny saddle sits, ready for the nasty goblin to sit and wait. Well, "wait." The nasty creature usually spent the majority of his tail rides singing terribly, slashing with his knifes at plants, or eating things he found on the ground as the slow wag of the dinosaur's tail swept him near the ground.

Mantid
2014-04-15, 03:59 PM
Aarbei watches the goblin watches the goblin rush over to his companion and shakes his head. He turns back to the other gnome and bows again. "Don't worry, my lady. We'll have the matter dealt with shortly," he assures her.

Turning to leave, Aarbei waves for Hiss and Paz to come follow. "We better hurry before Rip gets himself lost and tries to pick a fight with a herd of three-horns again," the alchemist comments. "I don't want to get blamed for another stampede. That's remains a major blot upon our reputation you know. I'm not sure those farmers will ever forgive us, even though we tried to help replant the crops that were trampled. Of course trying to get Rip to help dig the furrows didn't help... and I was sure my alchemical concoction would help. I certainly didn't expect it to..." Realizing the gnome woman could still hear him, Aarbei quickly stops speaking and clears his throat. Shifting the weight of the large, wooden box strapped to his back, his portable lab, Aarbei wishes the woman a good way and walks out to follow Gut-Rip and Smacktail.

Feathersnow
2014-04-15, 06:28 PM
As you leave the stockade, there are no immediate signs of Terrorclaws in the area. A Grippli calls from overhead. "Hello!! Are you out hunting? Make sure the Terrorclaws don't hunt you!"

darklink_shadow
2014-04-15, 08:12 PM
Gut-rip snarls at the frog-man, but the creature is too far away to properly threaten. Instead he tries his hand at delicate diplomacy. TELL ME WHERE THE TERRORCLAWS ARE! I AM GOING TO RIP, SHRED, KILL, STAB, BITE, KILL, MAIM, DIE! No! Not die! They will die! Graaaaaaaar! Stupid ugly frogman confused me! TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE, OR I WILL RIP, STAB, BITE, KILL YOU!

Feathersnow
2014-04-15, 08:20 PM
uh. huh. they went that way. He points in a direction, seemingly at random.

roll sense motive

Starbin
2014-04-15, 10:50 PM
Hiss moved to follow the others, eyeing Gut-rip with his unblinking gaze. When they stepped outside, it seemed there was no pressing danger, despite what the gnome lady had said. Pausing for a moment, he turned and stepped back inside the tavern. He cast about for the woman, wondering where she was ... and if she could provide more specifics on where the Terrorclaws were.

Looking for gnome lady ... will ask where the terrorclaws are.

Feathersnow
2014-04-15, 10:57 PM
The gnome says "we believe they are trying to establish a nest in a cedar thicket near the border between the redwoods and the scrublands. You could probably get more information from a tribe of grippli hunters nearby"

Feathersnow
2014-04-15, 11:01 PM
location: You are in a forest of giant redwoods. These redwoods are taller than some hills, and their lowest branches sweep above the human sized town. ferns and moss make a secondary ground cover. there are no native flowers here, but introduced wildflowers have established themselves in patches.

A grippli sits on a branch near the stockade. He surely has friends in the upper canopy.

CrimsonKnight
2014-04-15, 11:24 PM
Paz grinned.

"What a helpful guy you are! Thanks a lot! Well, what are we waiting for? Adventure awaits just over that... wait, where's the big guy? *sigh* I'll go grab him."

Paz darted back inside the tavern, where he spotted Hiss talking to the gnome lady who'd first informed them of the Terrorclaw threat.

"Hey, come on big guy, time to go. Chit chat's fun and all, but this nice froggie outside just showed us where to find those Terrorclaws at."

Starbin
2014-04-16, 07:25 PM
Hiss followed the smaller Paz out, frowning slightly. "Asssk frogsss about landsss between redwoodsss and ssscrublandsss ... terror clawsss there ..."

Feathersnow
2014-04-21, 01:47 PM
The grippli looks at you. "Oh, someone sane and competent! I'll give you the real directions."

The grippli directs you out of the redwoods, to a thicker, darker thicket of cedar. you hear warbling screams, as you investigate, you find a pack of four terror claws circling a tree. Perched on the top is a fledgling Tengu. Unfortunately, the terrorclaws are almost as good at climbing as gripplis, and starting trying to scramble up.

do you interfere?

darklink_shadow
2014-04-21, 08:47 PM
YAH! I FOUND THEM! GO GO GO! ATTACK! GO! Gut-rip flicks his weapons around angrily and kicks the tail of his mount. Used to such carefully enounced commands, the long-tailed creature charges at the creatures.

[roll0] Initiative

Mantid
2014-04-22, 03:05 AM
"I guess it can't be helped," Aardbei says as Gut-Rip charges in. "That Tengu needs help. Try not to damage the terrorclaw's hides too much! You know stuffed carnivores always sale well!"

Initiative - [roll0]

Feathersnow
2014-04-22, 04:00 AM
the terrorclaws respond to your presence!
[roll0]

CrimsonKnight
2014-04-23, 12:13 AM
"Hey wait a minute, Big Guy! Save some for the rest of us."

[roll0]

Starbin
2014-04-23, 03:03 PM
Following the frog-man's directions, the group heard screams and quickly found the source - a small tengu trapped by climbing terror claws. As the group moved forward, Hiss charged with the others, longspear at the ready.

Yes, Hiss will 'interfere.' Charging the closest of the rascals, if they are within range.
[roll0]
[roll1], [roll2]
If they attack first, subtract 2 from the attack roll and use it as Hiss' attack of opportunity (AOO).

Feathersnow
2014-04-29, 11:41 AM
The three terror claws begin charging Hiss, the biggest, and therefore highest value target. Gut-rip heroically intercepts one, dealing a great deal of damage to it. It responds with an attack

[roll0] if successful, [roll1]
and two sickle-claws (crit on 19, double damage from a charge)
[roll2] if successful,[roll3]
[roll4] if successful,[roll5]

the other three rush hiss with flying leaps (charge attacks that provoke attacks first from Gut-rip and his friend as they flee his threatened zone, and then on the rest of the party, other than Hiss, as they enter their threatened zone without proper defensive posture.)

roll for the other three terrorclaw's attacks

terror claw 2 (if surviving)
[roll6] if successful, [roll7]
[roll8] if successful,[roll9]
[roll10] if successful,[roll11]

terror claw 3 (if surviving)
[roll12] if successful, [roll13]
[roll14] if successful,[roll15]
[roll16] if successful,[roll17]

terror claw 4 (if surviving)
[roll18] if successful, [roll19]
[roll20] if successful,[roll21]
[roll22] if successful,[roll23]

Feathersnow
2014-04-29, 11:44 AM
roll to confirm terror claw 2's bite crit [roll0] if successful, [roll1]

roll to confirm Terror claw 4's claw crit [roll2], if successful [roll3]

darklink_shadow
2014-04-29, 06:01 PM
Gut-Rip and Smacktail both smack at the first Terrorclaw to provoke an attack of opportunity.

I assume Terrorclaw 2 is the provoker.
SmackTail
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]