PDA

View Full Version : has the ps3 lost titles

markabbott
2007-02-07, 07:23 AM
what titles has the ps3 lost becouse i keep hearing that its lost loads of games

neriana
2007-02-07, 12:26 PM
It's lost exclusivity on lots of games. Assassin's Creed and GTA4, for example, will still be on the PS3, but they will also be on the XBox360.

Reinforcements
2007-02-07, 12:51 PM
Tekken and Devil May Cry, too.

rabish12
2007-02-07, 02:27 PM
Tekken and Devil May Cry, too.
Those are both still PS3-exclusive, and given Namco's history and the fact that the entire rumor about it being ported stems from the fact that Virtual Fighter is going to be available for the 360 now I sincerely doubt that Tekken will ever find its way to another console. DMC's got a good change though, as Capcom's taken a rather heavy interest in multiplatform development as of late.

And for the original poster: crosschecking with this list (http://www.ps3land.com/article-419.php) (created in June 2006), I've got:

Blade Storm
Bomberman
Fatal Inertia
Omikron 2
Unreal Tournament 3
Virtua Fighter 5
Assassin's Creed

However, it's worth noting that some of the games on the list I linked to see to be Japan-only, that a couple of them appear to be vaporware and/or cancelled, that several of them still lack confirmation and likely don't even exist (including some that aren't on the "Uncertain if in Development" list), and that it doesn't include any exclusives that the PS3 gained since June 2006 (several of which have also become multiplatform). It also lacks exclusives lost before June 2006, which sets it off a little more.

Overall I probably missed a fairly large number of them. including several prominent ones (I know I missed GTA4 and Armored Core), but this is about the best I can do in a reasonable amount of time.

Xerillum
2007-02-07, 05:50 PM
Bomberman is on handhelds now. apparently you missed that.

rabish12
2007-02-07, 06:01 PM
Bomberman is on handhelds now. apparently you missed that.
Bomberman is on everything now, except the PS3. There's a few titles on both the PSP and DS, there's one on the 360 (a butchered attempt at the series, but it still counts), and there's one coming to the Wii. Not that it matters - this thread is about exclusives that the PS3 has lost, and according to that list there was an exclusive Bomberman title coming to the PS3.