PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Help with a campaign plot idea

xXGimmeGimmeXx
2014-04-13, 12:51 PM
Campaign Ideas

Hey everyone!*I'm rather new here and I hope this is the right thread for this. Please forgive me if I am mistaken.

Anyways, I'm currently writing a campaign for a few new players and I was in need of a villain. I didn't want this campaign to be a black and white case of good vanquishing evil so I came up with the idea of the main “villain” being a little girl, roughly 12-14 years of age. The players will first encounter her when someone from the town they are currently in comes to them for help with an accident that has occurred. I was thinking she may be trapped in the rubble of a building that collapsed suddenly and unexpectedly (little known to anyone, this was the girls doing). So I plan on them rescuing her, and learning she has no recollection of the incident. I'll coax the players into helping her find a home or allowing her to join them on their journey to wherever. They'll learn of her sad and mysterious past. Her parents died when she was an infant and she was put in the care of a local church or charitable family. But they were victims of an other unknown tragedy further down the time line and she was forced to find another home. Soon rumors surround this girl that death follows her wherever she goes and she is driven out of every town she would seek refuge in, leaving a trail of tragedy and destruction in her wake. So she becomes a homeless wanderer and meets the players, who will either help her willingly, or I'll have her follow them secretly until they're forced to deal with her when they find she has some uncanny powers. They find out that she has “outbursts” of this powerful psionic ability that she has no control over and no recollection of ever wielding. I plan on the players simultaneously feeling sorry for her and thinking that she can be used as a weapon or tool to help them on their own adventures but soon find out that her powers are growing out of control and are becoming a danger to them and everything around them. So they have to find out how to help her control her powers or be forced to kill her in the end (she will be nigh impossible to kill).

So I guess my question is how can I refine this idea? Are there any gods or characters in the D&D universe that closely resemble this girls powers? How would you go about unleashing this girl on the world? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

PS. I named this girl Kali, after the Hindu goddess of time, change, and death. I don't know why that information matters though. Just thought you would like to know.:smallbiggrin:

PPS. Sorry for the ridiculous long post :smallredface: