PDA

View Full Version : Classes with Unique Spell Acquiring Abilities

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-13, 12:57 PM
Ok so we should all by now be familiar with the Spirit Shaman and the Sha'ir classes.
I was curious if any other classes had similar spell retreving systems build into their classes.

Both the previously mentioned abilities have strong fluff around how and why they use these abilities and we can see one is for the divine class (Druid Spell List) and one is for the Arcane (Sorc/Wiz Spell List). I was wondering if any other classes tried this unique spin on spells known per day.

cricricri13
2014-04-13, 01:10 PM
well of course it's the spellthief and his hability to steal spells on the go (tho it's not a very effective class it sure is unique) and I think the artificier kinda enters that "caster type" too, I mean, it doesn't act like a normal caster, it uses it's magic on items to the use it later

Nettlekid
2014-04-13, 01:31 PM
Erudite is a bit like that. It's a Psionic class (and in fact a variant of the Psion) which works more like a Wizard. It can learn new powers, and like all Psionic classes doesn't have to prepare powers in advance, but it gets a set number of Unique Powers per Day, which means that if you manifest any one power it takes up a slot, and you can manifest that power without restriction, but once you fill up all those slots you can't manifest any new powers, just ones you used already that day. It's sort of like customizing a spells known list from a bigger spells known list over the course of the day.