PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE! A Meeting of Empires

QuintonBeck
2014-04-13, 02:15 PM
With the feast concluded and return to much slower dancing ensuing in the main room Syana found Empress Nyllana of Kasumor and motioned towards the hallway opposite the one through which the Union members had just disappeared. This was something the young Empress had not been looking forward to, but something that needed to be addressed. The letter of agreement to withdraw claim to Tekorva had practically bit her hand after she opened it so venomous and wrathful was it. It wasn't that she felt that it was in the wrong, she understood her almost aunt's anger, it just hurt to have someone whom she considered family grow so angry with her. She hoped that this talk might resolve matters.

The two leaders arrived in a posh conference room with intricately carved and padded chairs surrounding a cool carved marble table that had been imported from Calorum. Silk tapestries hung around the walls decorated with the Triumvirate herald and those of the regions under Triumvirate control. A Nyrothian crystal array of lighting lit the room dimly and a small fireplace roared softly on the far end and offered it's light as well. Candles, placed on the table were lit as well giving the table a bright, central emphasis that drew the eye.

Syana sat down first, not at either end of the table but on one of the long sides where there would be less distance between herself and her blood-sworn aunt.

"Please," she gestured to the seat across from her, "I understand you're upset, so speak freely, I believe I can explain."

WaylanderX
2014-04-14, 10:31 AM
With the feast concluded and return to much slower dancing ensuing in the main room Syana found Empress Nyllana of Kasumor and motioned towards the hallway opposite the one through which the Union members had just disappeared. This was something the young Empress had not been looking forward to, but something that needed to be addressed. The letter of agreement to withdraw claim to Tekorva had practically bit her hand after she opened it so venomous and wrathful was it. It wasn't that she felt that it was in the wrong, she understood her almost aunt's anger, it just hurt to have someone whom she considered family grow so angry with her. She hoped that this talk might resolve matters.

The two leaders arrived in a posh conference room with intricately carved and padded chairs surrounding a cool carved marble table that had been imported from Calorum. Silk tapestries hung around the walls decorated with the Triumvirate herald and those of the regions under Triumvirate control. A Nyrothian crystal array of lighting lit the room dimly and a small fireplace roared softly on the far end and offered it's light as well. Candles, placed on the table were lit as well giving the table a bright, central emphasis that drew the eye.

Syana sat down first, not at either end of the table but on one of the long sides where there would be less distance between herself and her blood-sworn aunt.

"Please," she gestured to the seat across from her, "I understand you're upset, so speak freely, I believe I can explain."

Nyllana walked with Syana without saying a word, only nodding when she was asked to follow her. When sat down, she was silent for a minute before beginning to talk, ice in both her voice and her eyes.
"Upset is an understatement. Upset does even begin to describe what I feel in my heart at the moment. I feel utter betrayal, a void inside. A void causes by the fact that you choose a Heartwastian.....woman over your allies, dear I say your FAMILY. I might have stopped Kokuei from pressing the right to what is rightfully hers for now, but it has pained and scarred me to the very core of my being."
Nyllana's voice quivered with rage at the end of her sentence and she took a deep breath before continueing.
"As of late, I saw our two nations, led to prosperity by your grandfather and my father, grow further and further apart. We worship Ashmar, you choose the Radurjian faith. The Ignato family even decided to join their empire with the homecountry of your faith, strenghtening that connection even more."
An aura of sadness suddenly shouded Nyllana, and she looked Syana into her eyes.
"I don't know if I can trust the Ignato Empire anymore like me and my father did in the past. We are growing apart, our beliefs and goals being forced apart like an insects shell under a chisel. I think it is the most wise, before this causes any more friction, to sever the bloodbond that connects our two families...."

OOC: All aboard the drama-train! I just hope I did not overdo it :P.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-14, 11:02 AM
Syana had not expected that and for a moment her eyes grew hollow and distant and her skin cold, but she quickly recovered, the Einguard's passion igniting Syana's own,

"To speak of breaking family over my request that you trust me speaks far greater insult than my original request!" Syana practically shouted, "You speak of trust as though it were in fact deference. That only those who follow behind you may be trusted, and if you believe that then I shall not desire your trust!"

Syana stopped for a moment, taking a breath and cooling her head. Her Woodwind blood made her quick to passion, but she needed to speak calmly,

"I am sorry blood-aunt, but I do not see what I have done to be betrayal of the highest order as you seem to. Yes, I have spoken in support of Valineth, and yes, she is a Heartwastian, but you have not met her so do not be so ready to judge a stranger. I know your people have been betrayed by the Heartwaste before, it was a betrayal that struck as deep at the Ignatos as it did to yourself, but this woman is different. She is young, she is willing to change from the ways of her ancestors that caused us so much problems, and I believe she is the key in maintaining balance. As soon as fracture marked the lands of Heartwaste and Sanctuary the Ashenians, under my unscrupulous mother in law sought to sink their claws into the Heartwaste. If not for my attendance to the conference in Bordeux the Bordeux would have made Valineth the same, a tool with which to exercise power over the Heartwaste. It was either that I supported Valineth's independence or stood by as the Union sunk their teeth into the center of Atlantica in perhaps it's most vulnerable point. I can see in your eyes you question then my support that she claims Sanctuary as well, but it too had to be done to ensure the stability of supporting her independence was not threatened."

Syana stood up from the table and began to pace, too riled up with energy to sit still,

"If Valineth did not attempt to claim Sanctuary Kuramkesh would seek to reclaim the Heartwaste from her, another unnecessary war, and even had the Elder-Emperor been replaced with Kokuei without the support of Sanctuary's armies there is no chance Valineth would have been able to hold position when pressed by the Union. It was not your betrayal I sought in supporting the young girl, it was stability for myself and all my allies, among whom I count you a number. As to matters of faith, it is known that Radurja does not turn away from other faiths. The Avatar and Mosi were both friends during their last lifetimes. So too had I hoped Radurja and Ashmar might grow closer. Two interpretations enriching understanding and experience. I believed that to be what Ashmar stood for, not disrespect and ending alliances based on a different religious view."

Syana came and sat back down across from her blood-aunt,

"Nyllana, our forefathers brought together two of the greatest nations on Telluris in bonds of friendship and blood. I will not be the one to see that dissolved over this, and I don't believe you shall either."

OOC: Choo choo!

WaylanderX
2014-04-14, 12:54 PM
Nyllana's face darkened even more when Syana answered.

"So you think I only trust nation who follow me? Is that how you see me? How you see Hurosha? Are we...monsters...in your eyes? And about this Valineth woman taking over Santuary. Wouldn't it be wiser for Kokuei to have control over the entirety of Sanctuary? Under my supervision? I trusted you...until I heard that you were deciding matters over lands my kin has right over....without....asking for my advice...without even telling me the news. Do you find it strange that I am insulted?!?!"

Ending her question in a shout, she stood up.

"If you trust more in a balance brought forth by a stranger, so be it. If you do not desire my trust, so be it. However, then, you also do not desire my kinship. I know that you had a meeting with Valineth, together with the other nations. Yet you did not inform me what happened or who were there. About a nation who I hold close to my heart. And then you asked me to trust you unconditionally. Trust a Heartwastian unconditionally who I never even laid eyes on! Don't you see you questioned my Prowess, and you for one know how great an insult that is in Kasumor. Why did you leave me in the dark? Why did you not trust the ones you hold dear? Or do you not consider us family after all?"

She started to face the door.

OOC: CHU CHU, Next Stop: Emotional Banter!

QuintonBeck
2014-04-14, 01:20 PM
"I decided no matters! I fought a political struggle against a foe to us both! It has only been through careful actions that I was even invited to attend the Heartwaste Conference! Do you know who was present? Lord Cedrik, the expansionist of Bordeux, Mormaer Razkai who was so disinterested as to fall asleep, and the young woman Valineth who, had I not been there, would have been pushed into a corner and made to swear fealty to Bordeux! I kept Bordeux from seizing the Heartwaste and making a play against you on Sanctuary! I did that! What was I to do? Demand that Kokuei take control of Sanctuary in a room where she was not present! If you were there I would have supported you, but you weren't there! You weren't there when my father died and you weren't there at the Conference and I still fought for both our nations as best I could there! Alone!"

Syana was on her feet again, moving to block the door, she was not going to let this die out like this,

"And now you come here accusing me of breaking your trust in me when it is you who broke my trust in you! I would have trusted you unconditionally had you made a similar request, would you have asked me to break the Triumvirate for you, I would have! I would have asked you why, but I would not have claimed you had broken bonds in doing so! You refuse to even listen to me Nyllana! It is not that I trust Valineth more than you, it is that she is more neutral and engendering to peace. If she sits upon the throne none may claim events were manipulated in favor of another, if we push her to the side and grab at any chunk of land our forefathers stopped to eat in we are no better than those we would wish to prevent doing the same."

"I will have you know I did not leave you in the dark, you are my family and I would never betray you. I sent a missive to you as soon as I was free of the Heartwaste Conference, I set aside this time now that we might talk. Do you think if I didn't care I would try so hard to speak to you and repair the damage? I'm, I'm sorry Nyllana, it was not meant to be a betrayal, I was in the Conference, alone, facing a man ten years my senior who comes from a culture that does not respect women in power. Does not even allow it. I could only defend Valineth and trust that my longest and most trusted ally would understand and believe in me. I know you're upset Nyllana, but tell me in truth, do you honestly believe I betrayed you? That I would seek to harm our alliance and insult your prowess? Tell me truthfully, if you do then I cannot say any more to you as the bonds between us truly are broken beyond repair, but I pray that is not so. I pray to Ignatumna and Ashmar both that you do not truly believe I would ever seek to harm you or your nation."

Syana's eyes were wet, but she did not allow the wetness to foul her cheek and she stood resolute between Nyllana and the door awaiting an answer with a hard stare that Nyllana might mistake for the Doomkhan's own face if she had a mind to remember meeting the long dead man.

WaylanderX
2014-04-14, 02:08 PM
"I decided no matters! I fought a political struggle against a foe to us both! It has only been through careful actions that I was even invited to attend the Heartwaste Conference! Do you know who was present? Lord Cedrik, the expansionist of Bordeux, Mormaer Razkai who was so disinterested as to fall asleep, and the young woman Valineth who, had I not been there, would have been pushed into a corner and made to swear fealty to Bordeux! I kept Bordeux from seizing the Heartwaste and making a play against you on Sanctuary! I did that! What was I to do? Demand that Kokuei take control of Sanctuary in a room where she was not present! If you were there I would have supported you, but you weren't there! You weren't there when my father died and you weren't there at the Conference and I still fought for both our nations as best I could there! Alone!"

Syana was on her feet again, moving to block the door, she was not going to let this die out like this,

"And now you come here accusing me of breaking your trust in me when it is you who broke my trust in you! I would have trusted you unconditionally had you made a similar request, would you have asked me to break the Triumvirate for you, I would have! I would have asked you why, but I would not have claimed you had broken bonds in doing so! You refuse to even listen to me Nyllana! It is not that I trust Valineth more than you, it is that she is more neutral and engendering to peace. If she sits upon the throne none may claim events were manipulated in favor of another, if we push her to the side and grab at any chunk of land our forefathers stopped to eat in we are no better than those we would wish to prevent doing the same."

"I will have you know I did not leave you in the dark, you are my family and I would never betray you. I sent a missive to you as soon as I was free of the Heartwaste Conference, I set aside this time now that we might talk. Do you think if I didn't care I would try so hard to speak to you and repair the damage? I'm, I'm sorry Nyllana, it was not meant to be a betrayal, I was in the Conference, alone, facing a man ten years my senior who comes from a culture that does not respect women in power. Does not even allow it. I could only defend Valineth and trust that my longest and most trusted ally would understand and believe in me. I know you're upset Nyllana, but tell me in truth, do you honestly believe I betrayed you? That I would seek to harm our alliance and insult your prowess? Tell me truthfully, if you do then I cannot say any more to you as the bonds between us truly are broken beyond repair, but I pray that is not so. I pray to Ignatumna and Ashmar both that you do not truly believe I would ever seek to harm you or your nation."

Syana's eyes were wet, but she did not allow the wetness to foul her cheek and she stood resolute between Nyllana and the door awaiting an answer with a hard stare that Nyllana might mistake for the Doomkhan's own face if she had a mind to remember meeting the long dead man.

Nyllana stood there, silent for a moment, her eyes not visible from under her hair. Then she looked up, blind fury in her eyes, spread her wings and flew. She flew a quick loop and bullrushed Syana into the door (nothing too harsh, just enough to know her breath out of her). She brought her face close to Syana's and hissed:

"I would've been there if I knew what was going on! Kokuei also! I would have grounded that Bordeuxian into the ground. IF I ONLY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON!"

Nyllana let Syana go, roared, got her halbard off her back and slashed at the table. For a moment, nothing happened. But then the candle standing upon the table slowly fell appart in two pieces. Nyllana, panting heavily, returned to the table. Her eyes were red, not of anger, but of deep deep sorrow. She sat down, her head in her hands.

"I'm sorry for that, my dear. But please Syana, give me a reason to trust you, not to break the bond. Don't try to do it alone."

She glided towards Syana, (trying to) embracing her in a warm (dare I say motherly) embrace.

"Just contact me. We're family aren't we? I will do everything I can. However, I cannot do anything if I do not know what is going on. That, more than anything else, scares me, dear Syana. Despite everything, I want you and your family safe, even going so far as to sever our bonds."

She released her (or not, if she did not accept the embrace), smiling a sad smile at her.

"Can you understand my point of view, Syana?"

QuintonBeck
2014-04-14, 02:31 PM
Tears began to stream down Syana's cheeks as Nyllana flew into her rage and slashed down through the candle. She hadn't cried since her brothers had died, not when her father had died, not when her mother had soon after, she had kept it all locked away but suddenly all of it was rushing forth. The anger in Nyllana and the fear and sorrow Syana felt had broken down her walls and she stood there, shaking as the Kasumori woman she called aunt cast her head into her hands at the table.

Syana stood still, sobbing quietly until the Kasumor woman floated over, both thankful for and fearful of the embrace she was now receiving.

"I'm sorry Nyllana, I tried, my best," she managed, "I wasn't in charge of bringing in people. I don't even know what convinced Cedrik to invite me. The Na'Nuk tried to come and were arrested by Cedrik and he told lies of their attempt of infiltration to myself and Valineth," she said between the hiccuping breaths of recovering sobs, "Even if I could have invited you, there's no way he would have let you in. I'm sorry Nyllana, I'm sorry."

Syana fell back into the arms of the Kasumori woman,

"I'm so sorry Nyllana, it's just so much and I have to be so strong. I'm sorry. I should have gotten in contact somehow, I should have. I'm sorry." she said into the neck and shoulder of the Einguard.

For a while she just stood there, hugging Nyllana before backing out of the embrace and looking up at her aunt, her eyes were red from crying but she seemed composed once again,

"I can't lose more family Nyllana. I can't. It broke my father to lose my brothers, it nearly broke me to lose him and mother. It would break me to lose you. I am sorry for not contacting you, truly."

WaylanderX
2014-04-14, 04:38 PM
Tears began to stream down Syana's cheeks as Nyllana flew into her rage and slashed down through the candle. She hadn't cried since her brothers had died, not when her father had died, not when her mother had soon after, she had kept it all locked away but suddenly all of it was rushing forth. The anger in Nyllana and the fear and sorrow Syana felt had broken down her walls and she stood there, shaking as the Kasumori woman she called aunt cast her head into her hands at the table.

Syana stood still, sobbing quietly until the Kasumor woman floated over, both thankful for and fearful of the embrace she was now receiving.

"I'm sorry Nyllana, I tried, my best," she managed, "I wasn't in charge of bringing in people. I don't even know what convinced Cedrik to invite me. The Na'Nuk tried to come and were arrested by Cedrik and he told lies of their attempt of infiltration to myself and Valineth," she said between the hiccuping breaths of recovering sobs, "Even if I could have invited you, there's no way he would have let you in. I'm sorry Nyllana, I'm sorry."

Syana fell back into the arms of the Kasumori woman,

"I'm so sorry Nyllana, it's just so much and I have to be so strong. I'm sorry. I should have gotten in contact somehow, I should have. I'm sorry." she said into the neck and shoulder of the Einguard.

For a while she just stood there, hugging Nyllana before backing out of the embrace and looking up at her aunt, her eyes were red from crying but she seemed composed once again,

"I can't lose more family Nyllana. I can't. It broke my father to lose my brothers, it nearly broke me to lose him and mother. It would break me to lose you. I am sorry for not contacting you, truly."

"There, I believe you dear, I really do. And I always did."

Nyllana sat back down and beckoned to Syana to join her.

"I am just as afraid as you of losing my family. However, we need to resolve this conflict, and do it with dignity and Prowess."

She took a deep breath.

"I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to break our ties, to be honest. Which I really couldn't, for good or for bad. That we will have to see. Now then, after we showed eachother our true feeling about this matter, lets regain our composure and act like the Empresses we ought to be, shall we."

She winked and poured her some wine, offering the cup to her.

Nyllana plucked one of the Tânedhan tailfeathers off her cloak and held it up. It shone brightly, as if illuminated from within. She glided to Syana and put it in her hair.

She held her hand upon Syana's head and smiled, hoping the gentle gesture would reassure Syana, although her heart was still pounding because of the emotions that flowed through her. Although furious and sad just now, she now saw what had to be done. Syana acted within what she thought was right and as foolish she was not to inform her, her inexperience was to blame for that, not ill intent or malice.

"At the least she inherited Dyamus' resolve." She thought by herself.

"I've got some ideas myself how we can solve this without ripping our bonds apart, but I would like to hear your opinion first, one Empress to another. Do you have any idea how we can solve this situation? And take your time, we both had a harsh time just now."

She sat backwards, goals clear in her mind and awaited Syana's answer.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-14, 05:01 PM
Syana smiled as Nyllana talked and reached up to touch the feather gently that was now placed in her hair. She sipped from her cup and was silent for a moment, thinking on the matter at hand.

"I can't go back on my word to Valineth, I did pledge to support her, but that doesn't mean I can't be willing to make concessions," she said slowly, "If we attend the meeting to resolve this matter you might offer to take Tekorva, separate from Sanctuary, so as to prevent conflict from arising between Kuramkesh and Valineth as you will be an outside force and neutral third party. Valineth might balk, but I should be able to convince her it is for the best. Then we might both support Valineth, that she takes the Heartwaste and Yorukuni as her own and that neither ourselves nor any other nations who might seek to lay claim to those lands shall do so by force or by marriage and that we shall all sign a pact to defend the Heartwaste and Yorukuni from any such attempts. In return, Valineth would agree to close down all the bloodfire vents and to trade none of the volatile liquid with any nation under her reign or any of her successors. Further, she will need to agree not to pursue a military path and perhaps a stipulation to aid a signature nation of the defense pact with a non-military venture once every 15 years."

WaylanderX
2014-04-14, 05:39 PM
Syana smiled as Nyllana talked and reached up to touch the feather gently that was now placed in her hair. She sipped from her cup and was silent for a moment, thinking on the matter at hand.

"I can't go back on my word to Valineth, I did pledge to support her, but that doesn't mean I can't be willing to make concessions," she said slowly, "If we attend the meeting to resolve this matter you might offer to take Tekorva, separate from Sanctuary, so as to prevent conflict from arising between Kuramkesh and Valineth as you will be an outside force and neutral third party. Valineth might balk, but I should be able to convince her it is for the best. Then we might both support Valineth, that she takes the Heartwaste and Yorukuni as her own and that neither ourselves nor any other nations who might seek to lay claim to those lands shall do so by force or by marriage and that we shall all sign a pact to defend the Heartwaste and Yorukuni from any such attempts. In return, Valineth would agree to close down all the bloodfire vents and to trade none of the volatile liquid with any nation under her reign or any of her successors. Further, she will need to agree not to pursue a military path and perhaps a stipulation to aid a signature nation of the defense pact with a non-military venture once every 15 years."

Nyllana nodded in agreement.

"I understand. A word must be not be broken. Kokuei will be able, as the true heir, to win over Kuramkesh much more easily than Valineth. An alliance then could be forged between us. As Valineth proves herself to be trustworthy, I will support her and pledge my help to the cause, even if she is a Heartwastian. Especially the notion of closing the Bloodfire vents strikes my interest. "

Nyllana leaned back, eyes closed in thought.

"If we could convince Valineth to do so, I would sign the treaty, with all of Hurosha's might with it."

She opened her eyes again.

"Are you quite sure you can convince her?"

OOC: I'm going to bed now. Lets continue this tomorrow :P.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-14, 05:54 PM
OOC: Roger that, we'll continue tomorrow.

"I know she will close the vents, this much already she has promised," Syana said, her earlier anger and sadness being forgotten and her tear stained face drying and clearing of any signs of turmoil,

"As to whether I can convince her to let Hurosha take Tekorva, I don't know. I think she'll listen to me, but I can't know for sure. She is wise and intelligent for her age, and if you make the point strongly enough for it and I then encourage her to take the deal it may work, her strongest claim is after all on the Heartwaste, but I did support her earlier resolution to take both the Wastes and Sanctuary."

Syana sat for a moment, contemplative.

"What do you plan to say to establish a better position for laying claim to Tekorva?"

WaylanderX
2014-04-15, 06:45 AM
OOC: Roger that, we'll continue tomorrow.

"I know she will close the vents, this much already she has promised," Syana said, her earlier anger and sadness being forgotten and her tear stained face drying and clearing of any signs of turmoil,

"As to whether I can convince her to let Hurosha take Tekorva, I don't know. I think she'll listen to me, but I can't know for sure. She is wise and intelligent for her age, and if you make the point strongly enough for it and I then encourage her to take the deal it may work, her strongest claim is after all on the Heartwaste, but I did support her earlier resolution to take both the Wastes and Sanctuary."

Syana sat for a moment, contemplative.

"What do you plan to say to establish a better position for laying claim to Tekorva?"

Nyllana folded her hands in front of her.

"The strength of Kokuei's claim is undeniable. Furthermore, Kuramkesh might be heavily against turning over Tekorva to Valineth, at least diplomatically."

She smiled, "Also here, family bond might bring resolution and a peaceful solution. Kokuei is Tekorvan and the sister of the late ruler Yuuhi. Furthermore, the populace of Tekorva might rile up if not one of their people is in charge. There always was a Tekorvan in charge, even when Sanctuary was still an empire. If Kokuei would be able to prevent bloodshed and despair, wouldn't that be a nice trade against giving control of Tekorva to Kokuei?"

She paused for a second, deep in thought.

"If Valineth or Kuramkesh doesn't want to listen to reason, I have one final option. The proposal to make Tekorva a vassal state under guidance of Hurosha. A protectorate if you will. It worked quite well for the Salterri in maintaining stability, as much as I hate to admit it. Then, maybe years later, Tekorva might be made officially part of the Hurosha Empire, when the spirits and arguments of people die down a little. Do you think we could persuade Valineth to agree with one of these options?"

QuintonBeck
2014-04-15, 04:19 PM
"If Kokuei is sister to the late Yuuhi that likely means she lost to Yuuhi in the battle of wits held for that succession. If that is the case then it will not be up to either of us, or Kuramkesh, or Valineth to decide. It would simply go to which of the three of them succeeded in the battle of wits more competently. Of course, one might sit out of this trial, but then that makes the scenario that Kuramkesh wins only more likely. However, if you proposed to Valineth that having Kokuei participate alongside her to ensure the chances of Kuramkesh succeeding was diminished with the deal to let Valineth retain control of Yorukuni I believe that would appease Tekorvan custom as well as allow you to appear generous and with that act of care for Tekorvan tradition you should earn favor with Tekorva whether Kokuei win or lose it as well as with Valineth who herself has sought to pursue the path in line with tradition."

WaylanderX
2014-04-15, 05:00 PM
"If Kokuei is sister to the late Yuuhi that likely means she lost to Yuuhi in the battle of wits held for that succession. If that is the case then it will not be up to either of us, or Kuramkesh, or Valineth to decide. It would simply go to which of the three of them succeeded in the battle of wits more competently. Of course, one might sit out of this trial, but then that makes the scenario that Kuramkesh wins only more likely. However, if you proposed to Valineth that having Kokuei participate alongside her to ensure the chances of Kuramkesh succeeding was diminished with the deal to let Valineth retain control of Yorukuni I believe that would appease Tekorvan custom as well as allow you to appear generous and with that act of care for Tekorvan tradition you should earn favor with Tekorva whether Kokuei win or lose it as well as with Valineth who herself has sought to pursue the path in line with tradition."

"Valineth didn't claim Tekorva already with a battle of wits? I knew that Kokuei had lost from Yuuhi, but it was my understanding that Valineth had won a battle of wits. If that is not the care, it changes things dramatically."

Nyllana fluttered her wings in anticipation.

"This is very good news indeed and a very good idea to boot. Not only can we keep the peace, but we even have a chance to keep at least some of the lands under our control while regaining stability of the whole region! And with the notion of Valineth taking control over Yorukuni, I agree on that one. The Yorukunini aren't the most diplomatic people around and I think the Tekorvans are not that fond of them. And Valineth can be happy about her people, living in peace with the protection we and the rest of the Grand Coalition can provide her."

Nyllana looked at Syana intensely.

"When is this meeting of which you spoke, Syana? Do we have much time to prepare?"

QuintonBeck
2014-04-15, 07:50 PM
"I do not know whether she has yet won or lost," Syana admitted, "If she had I would imagine an announcement would have been made. If she had though, I fear that nothing we might say would convince her to go to trial again against Kokuei as she would already be ruler by Tekorvan right and Kokuei would appear as an usurper who did not desire peace or respect her reign. The state of the Battle will need to be discussed at the Conference."

Syana sighed and leaned back

"It is to take place in roughly an hour," she said, "With more people involved than I would like."

WaylanderX
2014-04-16, 05:43 AM
"I do not know whether she has yet won or lost," Syana admitted, "If she had I would imagine an announcement would have been made. If she had though, I fear that nothing we might say would convince her to go to trial again against Kokuei as she would already be ruler by Tekorvan right and Kokuei would appear as an usurper who did not desire peace or respect her reign. The state of the Battle will need to be discussed at the Conference."

Syana sighed and leaned back

"It is to take place in roughly an hour," she said, "With more people involved than I would like."

"Well, you also have alot of new allies present, including me and the Ambassadors. It will be fine, Syana. Our Prowess will perservere, I am sure of that."

She leaned back, glad most of the tension was dissolved. All her emotions had run amok up to that point, but how she was in balance once again. It did wonders for clear thinking, she noticed.

"So I guess we have a little bit of time to kill, haven't we Syana? How about some little chitchat to lighten up our mood for things to come?"

Nyllana chuckled heartely.

"I have to admit, your spirit really remind me of Dyamus, my dear. You really have inherited the "never falter" attitude of your ancestors."

Suddenly, Nyllana's eyes began to sparkle misschievously and a sly smile appeared on her face.

"Speaking about ancestors, I was thinking. Maybe it's time for our families to truly become one, one way or another."

"Trust me when I say I do not propose this on a whim. We have been bound by a bloodbond for so long now. Maybe its just time to strenghten that relation even more. Deepen our trust, learn even more of eachother. Maybe then, our two countries will be able to work in total tandem."

Nyllana tilted her head and looked at Syana, a large grin on her face.

"So, do you have somebody in your family who you would like to.....introduce to one of mine own? Of course of the opposite gender."

QuintonBeck
2014-04-16, 11:58 AM
"Chit chat is good," Syana smiled.

"In truth I had been thinking the same, unfortunately my brother is already set to be betrothed to a Bordeusi daughter of Lord Cedrik's. It is my intention and hope that doing so along with my own marriage to Korath will help prevent conflict between myself and my allies and the Union. Aside from that only my daughters, well, my niece and my daughter, remain yet unbetrothed but they are only in their tenth year. Do you have any male family so young that we might engage them for a distant date?"

WaylanderX
2014-04-16, 03:16 PM
"Chit chat is good," Syana smiled.

"In truth I had been thinking the same, unfortunately my brother is already set to be betrothed to a Bordeusi daughter of Lord Cedrik's. It is my intention and hope that doing so along with my own marriage to Korath will help prevent conflict between myself and my allies and the Union. Aside from that only my daughters, well, my niece and my daughter, remain yet unbetrothed but they are only in their tenth year. Do you have any male family so young that we might engage them for a distant date?"

"As a matter of fact, I have. My brother has a son who is 11 years old at the moment, by Yr, Yr Earthguard. I maybe have the perfect situation also, to know eachother better. The Academy teaches students when they are 12 years old. However, only Hurosha students are allowed entrance. The exception being exchange students being allowed by one of the Ambassadors or the royal family. Which of course would include your daughter."

QuintonBeck
2014-04-16, 06:20 PM
Syana bit her lip. Since losing so much of her family the idea of sending her children off made her nervous. However, she had been told by Korath, as gently as he had could manage, that she needed to find somewhere for Sharas who was in truth her niece and not her daughter to go lest she come to expect the throne. Syana hadn't taken kindly to that, had accused Korath of working with his mother to try and get Ashenite blood on the throne, but she knew he was right. Custom had to be followed and Sharas couldn't stay in Woodwind being treated as the few months elder sister of Mira and be pleased when time came to pass the crown.

"Shall I send Sharas? She is my niece in truth, and though she is like a daughter to me, she is not my heir as Mira is and I will need Mira here so that I might train her in the art of governance but Sharas could go to train at your Academy and be betrothed to your nephew. Of course, I know both her and Mira will wish to stay in contact with one another so that shall give us many excuses that we might visit and speak over the years. What do you think blooded-aunt?"

WaylanderX
2014-04-19, 03:29 AM
Syana bit her lip. Since losing so much of her family the idea of sending her children off made her nervous. However, she had been told by Korath, as gently as he had could manage, that she needed to find somewhere for Sharas who was in truth her niece and not her daughter to go lest she come to expect the throne. Syana hadn't taken kindly to that, had accused Korath of working with his mother to try and get Ashenite blood on the throne, but she knew he was right. Custom had to be followed and Sharas couldn't stay in Woodwind being treated as the few months elder sister of Mira and be pleased when time came to pass the crown.

"Shall I send Sharas? She is my niece in truth, and though she is like a daughter to me, she is not my heir as Mira is and I will need Mira here so that I might train her in the art of governance but Sharas could go to train at your Academy and be betrothed to your nephew. Of course, I know both her and Mira will wish to stay in contact with one another so that shall give us many excuses that we might visit and speak over the years. What do you think blooded-aunt?"

Nyllana's face lighted up with joy.

"Yes, of course! That would be perfect! I just hope Yr and Sharas will like eachother. If we betrothe them now, we can wed them in a year or 7, I imagine."

She clapped her hands in excitement.

"I know, I know. we can have the wedding at the Round of Hurosha! It is planned in a little over 7 years from now because of the huge amount of planning and research that needs to be done. That would be the perfect time and place. A festival in honor of the bond between our two empires and the birth of a new era."

The Empress of Hurosha chuckled.

"However, that is still a long time from now. For now, they should learn the art and crafts of our empires. If you want, you can send some teachers along to teach about the Ignatio Empire. However I must request not to send any preachers of the Radurjan faith. The teachers present at the Academy would be very insulted by that, unfortunatly."