PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE! Union of the North Re-Up

QuintonBeck
2014-04-13, 02:23 PM
Once the feast and announcement of the new Mistress of the Weave concludes the representatives of the Union of the North, Ashenia and Bordeux, are found by servants and guided to one of the doorways that had been closed at the beginning of the night, a path that lead to the private wing of the Empress. The representatives are led to a room which appears to be a conference room. Intricately carved and padded chairs sit around a large square marble table, an import from Calorum. On it are a few trays of light food and desserts along with a pitcher of water and another of Raaneki Heartwine. The servants who took the representatives in bow respectfully and inform the diplomats that should they need anything or should they wish for the Mormaer to be fetched they need only send someone to inform the guards standing outside the doors that lead to this hall. With that, the servants leave the room, allowing the diplomats to discuss their plans in peace.

Elemental
2014-04-15, 02:41 AM
The Princess Regent of Ashenia sat down at the table and was handed a sheaf of documents by one of her guards. Her brother had remained at the Ball with half their guard. She addressed Lord Cedrik as he sat down.
"Fortunately, we discussed most of this by correspondence. So, I took the liberty of preparing a written agreement for us to sign."
She passes a copy across to Cedrik.

Bordeux trades to Sulvan:
Cedar Wood, Sulphur, Gold and Furs.

Ashenia trades to Sulvan:
Books, Horses, Silver and Dairy Products.

Sulvan trades to Ashenia and Bordeux:
Mithril, Coal and Iron.

Ashenia trades to Bordeux:
Books, Silver, Dairy Products, Salt, Somnorum (Hallucinatory flowers), Voidbeasts, Wheat and Horses (to Crima)

Bordeux trades to Ashenia:
Cedar Wood, Furs, Gold, Sulphur, Glass, Olive Oil, Stone, Grain, Goats, Bats and Horses (to Ashenia).

In addition, the nations of the Union of the Northwest do hereby pledge to aid each other in all defensive wars and do hereby solemnly affirm that they shall never engage in war against on another.
"If there are no errors we should send for the Primarch to get his signature. I am certain he will agree to this treaty."

Lord_Burch
2014-04-15, 06:28 AM
In addition to our parts of the agreement, I will be shipping cattle, marble, precious stones, and Nyx hounds to Ashenia. Is there also an equal exchange of technology in this agreement and any colonial resources?

Elemental
2014-04-15, 12:01 PM
Sincerest apologies Lord Cedrik. I had intended to include clauses to that affect, but they must have slipped my mind when I drafted this. Give me one moment to include them."
She sets aside one copy and begins making additions at the end:

Bordeux trades to Sulvan:
Cedar Wood, Sulphur, Gold and Furs.

Ashenia trades to Sulvan:
Books, Horses, Silver and Dairy Products.

Sulvan trades to Ashenia and Bordeux:
Mithril, Coal and Iron.

Ashenia trades to Bordeux:
Books, Silver, Dairy Products, Salt, Somnorum (Hallucinatory flowers), Voidbeasts, Wheat and Horses (to Crima)

Bordeux trades to Ashenia:
Cedar Wood, Furs, Gold, Sulphur, Glass, Olive Oil, Stone, Grain, Goats, Bats, Horses (to Ashenia), Cattle, Marble, Precious Stones and Nyx Hounds.

In addition, the nations of the Union of the Northwest do hereby pledge to aid each other in all defensive wars and do hereby solemnly affirm that they shall never engage in war against on another. Furthermore, they do agree to share their technological advances when not already prohibited by another agreement.

Upon the acquisition of new territory by either Bordeux or Ashenia, they each agree to export one quantity of any resources in said territory to the other.

She hands the amended copy to Cedrik.

Sorry, I must have missed those resources somehow. They are in your new regions I take it?
Anyways... As currently written, it's pretty unbalanced in Ashenia's favour as they're not exporting as much as Bordeux. I'll try and remedy that through rampant exploration and colonisation as soon as possible. I'm thinking, because of the Plague, of checking for possible subterranean regions.

Lord_Burch
2014-04-15, 03:49 PM
It looks fine to me. Shall we send for Razkai, then? I believe Gabrielle could find him; she knows his scent.

Yes, they're in my new regions; there's no way you should know about them, I haven't even published a write up yet.

Elemental
2014-04-17, 08:51 AM
Idrisa motioned to one of her guards and spoke softly to him in Ashene. He bowed and moved to the door and opened it to speak with one of the servants in the hall outside.
"Razkai should be here shortly."

Silverbit
2014-04-17, 09:43 AM
Idrisa motioned to one of her guards and spoke softly to him in Ashene. He bowed and moved to the door and opened it to speak with one of the servants in the hall outside.
"Razkai should be here shortly."

Razkai arrives hurriedly.
"Apologies for my lateness, I was sampling the hospitality here."
He takes up the agreement, reads it, then signs it in Razdissi.
"All should be in order. Sulvan's Fury will remain a member of the North."

Lord_Burch
2014-04-17, 09:44 AM
Razkai arrives hurriedly.
"Apologies for my lateness, I was sampling the hospitality here."
He takes up the agreement, reads it, then signs it in Razdissi.
"All should be in order. Sulvan's Fury will remain a member of the North."

An economic member. Technology and colonial resources will only be shared between Ashenia and Bordeux.

Silverbit
2014-04-17, 09:48 AM
Yep, I meant an economic member. Slight error there.