2014-04-14, 12:04 AM
Player
Character
Race
Class
Extra
DM notes

Keledreth
Torch (http://http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=858513)
Blue
Kineticist
NE

Smileybastard
Tamrick (http://http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=857735)
Dhampir
cleric
LE

Enyalius
Atius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=857494)
Dhampir
Wizard
NE

Wild west ninja
Morqueler Umbral (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=864129)
Dhampir
Ninja
NE

The tavern, recently built, already has an aged sent of despair, the inside is large and straight ahead from the door lies the large bar, wooden tables and chairs are littered around it as candle light dimly flickers about. Tending the bar is a human woman with soft features and long curly brown hair that matches her brown eyes. She wears a proper dress of shades of blue and green and as you enter she raises her head from the mugs she was cleaning to look upon you. It is only for a second but you notice as her eyes widen, seemingly unsuspecting or in shock maybe even a bit of fear or disgust, either way she puts on a smile as she tends to the taps awaiting to see if you make an order.

On the side wall is a notice board, free for anyone to share information or put up requests.

During the day the tavern is mostly empty, say a few farmers or farm boys escaping their chores. The odd bored house wife or injured cutter may be killing time separately if they have the copper, or be up to something more sinister together. The old or beggers alike might take shelter from the sun for a short time.

As the sun sets if you were to enter the place it is much more rowdy, burly men who swing axes all day drink themselves into torpor.
Half orcs, and rough looking men covered in scars are the main occupants of one corner, mostly all working for black wood cutting, while on the otherside men who try to hold a noble stature and some half elves all who work as laborers for the imperial army drink in the other.

So come on in have a drink and freeform role play,
(You may gather information, build relations, make enemies, work on fluff and story but cannot gain EXP or start a quest here without the rest of the party.)

Enyalius
2014-04-20, 12:07 PM
Atius walks through the door and into the tavern, glad to be off the road for the first time in a few weeks. Looking around he tries to spot anything of note before his eyes settle on an empty table, going to it he takes a seat.

Once seated, he slouches over the table in a lackadaisical manner, trying to give others the impression that he is a fool of little importance, 'A fool is generally overlooked, and being underestimated is just fine for me.'

Sitting straighter, he reaches into his robe and grabs something from a specially placed pocket, this something happens to be his loyal familiar Zuzu. Placing the bat on the table in front of him, he begins talking to the small mammal in a quiet voice, "So, girl what do you think we should do? It might be a good idea to find a more permanent place to stay, but I still need more power and mother's tomes are lost to me now, and we also need a good source of income, I have a decent amount left, but no where near enough to help in our goals. Ah, what to do first, decisions, decisions." he mutters that last bit while petting Zuzu, hoping that spending some time with her will help him make up his mind.

Meanwhile, his eyes hidden under the robe's hood, he scans the room trying to find anything of importance, he keeps his ears open, trying to overhear any rumors that might gain his interest.

Okay so, first [roll0] perception to hear rumors, and would it be a bluff check to be seen as unimportant, if so [roll1] if it's not needed nevermind.

Also I'll be using the color #000099 for dialogue

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-22, 08:36 AM
Morqueller quietly enters, pauses a moment to look around, and heads over to the notice board and looks it over while trying to gauge the general mood of the room.
1d20+9[/roll] and sense motive 1d20+2 okay lets see if I can figure out how to roll things]

edit: okay I think I got it now
let me try again
[roll0] [roll1]

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-22, 08:53 AM
or not, crap
[roll0] [roll1] c'mon...

Holy-hunter
2014-04-22, 12:28 PM
Morqueller, stands at the notice board. A small group of three sit in the far corner pressing themselves to the shadows eyeing his movements. They whisper among themselves while sipping ale and tearing bread.

A table nearest the door has two old men, short of hair and frail in frame, they wear the typical browns of farmers, and the big black mud boots to match. They sit in silences sipping at stew oblivious to, or ignoring, all else

It doesn't take long to notice the hostility between the three in the corner and the rowdy five in the other corner, feeling more free and relax they are clearly regulars, a stocky human woman and man, male young shortbearded dwarf, tall half elf and an enormous bald half giant of a man.

While the clothes of the shady three are closer to dull dirt covered rags, this proud larger group wear fine fitted outfits.

As they talk loudly to each other, Morqueller follows the conversations as they mimic along the notice board.

The warning of recent wolf attacks, -they don't fear them but wonder who has upset the gods of the forest, a name of a witch is mentioned. "Ta'raeliah"

The plea from a young girl missing her puppy, the writing in a shaky hand, young and innocent. - a small sorrow sweeps over them but none show concern or hope that it's alive.

A bounty on an escaped halfling, yet to work off his debt.

A sale sign for worked wood, the parchment has been crumpled and unfolded,- familiar with the seller they laugh off his attempt.

The date of the next traders arrival, four moons from now.- every one seems eager to see what new items and letters he will bring from the other larger towns, also who will come with the new guard rotation, the men laugh and joke about it being all new women.

As Atius talks to his bat a sweet soothing voice gently pierces the hustle and bustle.

"Please s'cuse me sir"she says pausing a moment to confirm his attention.
"may I get you anything?"

A gentleness and kindness radiates about her every motion, from her long brown curls as they playfully bounce around her shoulders, the soft polite accent, her welcoming deep brown eyes even to her gentle subtle movements in her soft lightly coloured, frilled dress.

Vhaidara
2014-04-23, 06:51 AM
A short, cloaked figure enters the tavern. It moves quickly to the notice board, reading it over.

Holy-hunter
2014-04-23, 08:17 AM
Upon the entrance of the new cloaked, halfling-sized occupant a hush falls over the rowdy group as they bluntly stare and whisper, the hours of consuming mead killing their ability of discretion.

After a final huffle the two humans casually slip to the doorway where they stand proud, arms crossing their chest. Guarding. Then the half giant nods and staggers of his seat then regaining balance, leads towards the notice board.

Vhaidara
2014-04-23, 09:04 AM
So, when I leave it won't be without a fight. Very well.
Torch looks over the board, considering what his options might be, muttering under his breath as he reads each one.
Wolf attacks: Could be a good fight.
Lost puppy: Potentially easy work, pay probably isn't worth it unless she's someone.
Bounty: That sounds like good work.
Sale sign: Only if they need a firestarter.
Trader: Too far off to concern me.

Is the bounty for alive, dead, or either?

Enyalius
2014-04-23, 09:36 AM
Hearing the voice, Atius is drawn out of his conversation with is familiar, turning his head towards the speaker, he answers," Yes, if you would be so kind as to bring me a plate of food and a drink that would be wonderful, also if you have any strawberries I'll take a few of those as well." he ask the woman, in a kind voice with smile on his face.

Meanwhile, his thoughts are anything but as good-natured as his words make him seem, his mind thinking of ways to get her alone, and wondering how her blood would taste.

His thoughts expertly hidden behind a facade of kindness, created over years of practice.

Smileybastard
2014-04-23, 06:58 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick walks into the Tavern and as he does his eyes scan the room slowly, matching gaze with any who meet him. He does nothing to hide his Dhampir nature and in fact seems to exaggerate it.

perception [roll0]
Intimidate [roll1] This is simply to look menacing with no real threat involved so modify as you see fit.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-23, 10:25 PM
Morqueller looks down at the new arrival and then back to the bounty and then to the men at the door.
Looking back down he taps the bounty and says "Hey shorty, this wouldn't be you would it?

Vhaidara
2014-04-23, 10:27 PM
If that was me, would I be stupid enough to be standing here looking at it?
The voice snaps from underneath the cloak

Holy-hunter
2014-04-24, 12:15 PM
As the dhampir enters past the human couple they watch him exploiting his dhampir features, first with shock, then with pity. After forming a holy rune in the air and giving a gentle bow the two go back to guarding the door.

The bar tender oblivious to all else acknowlages Atius's request with a slight nod, she gazes through his eyes for a brief moment then gives him an odd little smile before twirling and making her way out the back through the swinging door behind the bar.

The half giant lunges at the small cloaked figure.
improved grapple CMB [roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 12:21 PM
Torch is grabbed.
What is the meaning of this you great brute?

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-24, 09:43 PM
Morqueller steps back and laughs, "Seems he thinks you're stupid enough!"

Holy-hunter
2014-04-24, 11:04 PM
With a roar the giant yells "got you Vernin" reciting the name from the bounty and attempts a pin,

"By the thulian codex"a long dark haired man suddenly shouts from the other corner, "that is not your bounty nor has he done anything wrong so release him or answer to the chaplains"

Upon closer inspection the brute realises that it's true, he releases Torch but his disdain towards him only grows, with a grunt he nudges him with him tree trunk arm as he walks to the board "do ne'thing wrong n' you'll be up here" he dares as he rips the bounty off the wall and goes back to his seat. His group sit in silence, smirking like children.

Vhaidara
2014-04-24, 11:09 PM
As Torch falls to the ground, his hood falls from his face. He restrains himself from incinerating the brute, mostly with the knowledge that he probably couldn't burn all of them before they subdued him.
Goblin: Inbred swine

Holy-hunter
2014-04-26, 02:12 AM
"2sil's and 5 copper"
The barmaid announces laying a plate of food and a mug if ale onto the table infront of Atius, sure enough there sits a plump red strawberry set aside the bread and gruel.

She then turns to to the others, clearing her throat loudly she sternly asks "is there anyone else I can help?" eyeing the Dhampir's and goblin.

"end his misery and put a stake in 'is dead heart" the dwarf sitting with the halfgiant mumbles to himself in a low grumble as he takes a large swig from his mug.

The barmaid, as the rest of the commotion, takes no notice.

Smileybastard
2014-04-26, 08:23 AM
Tamrick

Tamrick moves to the table with other dhampirs after noticing them and sits. "Now this is a site. Three dhampirs in one place and at one table no less."

Vhaidara
2014-04-26, 08:48 AM
Torch makes his way over to the table with the dhampirs
You lot seem almost as out of place here as I do.

Enyalius
2014-04-26, 09:32 AM
After thanking the woman and paying her, his begins to eat his meal, giving the strawberry to zuzu, only to be interrupted before he can even touch the bread.

Turning to the Dhampir who spoke, he replies, "Indeed, seeing another dhampir is quite a rarity, but I have to ask how you can tell what I am while I am mostly covered by my robe?"

Then he shifts his attention of to the short red person, "I suppose so, but I don't think that there are many places that one of our kind wouldn't be out of place, in my experience at least."

Smileybastard
2014-04-26, 10:00 AM
Tamrick

"A keen eye."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-26, 09:45 PM
Morqueller takes a seat with the others and says to the barmaid,I'll take a plate of food if you would." Turning to his new compainions he says, "I knew that this place wasn't exactly the best but I would never had thought it was this bad. Three damphirs and some sort of colorblind goblin,:smallwink: what is the world coming to?

Smileybastard
2014-04-26, 10:18 PM
Tamrick

"I am surprised we haven't been lynched honestly, you know how good people are."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-26, 10:35 PM
"Heh, I almost wish they'd try, I need an excuse to try out my new dagger."

Smileybastard
2014-04-26, 10:59 PM
Tamrick

"Well if it gets ugly, really ugly, and you are not dhampir, I suggest you not be anywhere near me."

Vhaidara
2014-04-26, 11:04 PM
I doubt they would be able to do much. I am far from defenseless. And far from colorblind.

Smiley, what is with your speech color? it keep changing.

Smileybastard
2014-04-26, 11:14 PM
Tamrick

"Just keep it in mind."

Holy-hunter
2014-04-26, 11:37 PM
The barmaid disappeared then returns shortly with a plate of food placing it infront of Morqueller.
"1sil n' 1 copper for that" she says with a nod and a smile,
even the least experienced adventurer would know for the meal at hand that the prices were high.

The barmaid leans over the table and in a hush voice she asks, "what brings you here? Is it honest work you are looking for?" she gently recoils and pauses for a second "I can only imagine the hardships the larger cities would give you. This lot might bark a lot but they listen to tha chaplains and live by the codex, they a won't harm ya for no good reason" she then stands and is about to walk away then hesitates and decides to quickly say "it will be better for uh.. Your image, if you avoid that other group" and with that she nods to the other corner with the 3 sitting silently in the shadows.

Vhaidara
2014-04-26, 11:39 PM
After the barmaid leaves, Torch mutters to the table.
Interesting. So there are local ne'er do wells on top of us.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-27, 09:37 PM
Well anyways, my name's Morqueller, what's all of yours?

Vhaidara
2014-04-27, 09:40 PM
Torch.
The goblin states his name while trying to get a better look at the 3 in the shadows.

Enyalius
2014-04-27, 09:54 PM
"Atius."He introduces himself after finishing the last of his meal.

"And that's Zuzu." He says, nodding to the fruit bat that's ignoring the world around itself, content on dining on it's strawberry.

Smileybastard
2014-04-27, 09:55 PM
Tamrick

"My name is Tamrick." He looks over at the three in the corner.

perception [roll0] to check out the three in the corner.

"Do you think they are misfits like us?"

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-27, 10:07 PM
I hope they're not to much like me, I hate dealing with backstabbing sneak-thieves.:smallbiggrin:
I make a perception check too 1d20+9

Vhaidara
2014-04-27, 10:29 PM
They're a bit tall for my tastes. Then again, so are you.

Perception : [roll0]

Holy-hunter
2014-04-27, 11:38 PM
"we ent all so tall" a dry voice emanates from behind Torch.

The 3 in the corner at some point had become 2,
Standing there behind Torch a hazel eyed halfing pulls back his hood and nods to the group,

"da boss has a soft spot for 'is kind he says nodding towards Tamrick, "if ya need some coin to get you started, talk to the man sittin' wid tha half Orc over there"
he nods to the remaining 2 in the corner he came from.
Then the last bit he says through gritted teeth as tho disagreeing with his own words, "I'm sure we got work and coin to spare" he then smiles and runs a hand through his ruffled short brown hair and bounces on the balls of his feet as he awkwardly waits.

Vhaidara
2014-04-28, 04:32 AM
Torch chuckles.
What's wrong? Worried that you're going to be replaced?

Holy-hunter
2014-04-28, 05:03 AM
"Ha"the halfling bursts, "I doubt you all combined have the cunning or intellect to replace me, however in this prosperous town coin is still rare for those that refuse to be puppets of the church's "

Vhaidara
2014-04-28, 05:10 AM
Hm
Torch drops his voice to a whisper.
So, your master has a soft spot for Dhampir, and isn't overly fond of the church. Is he some kind of Vampire himself?

Holy-hunter
2014-04-28, 05:35 AM
"Woah, na nah!" He says shaking his head in protest.
"firstly he ent my master, secondly no one ere could pay me enough to work under those half dead blood drinkers, ey ent natural. Lastly it ent my place to talk about my boss, talk to him yourself."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-04-29, 11:19 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not about to turn down a chance to make some easy coin.

Enyalius
2014-05-03, 05:17 PM
Finishing his drink, Atius sets them mug down before turnings his eyes towards the halfling and saying,"I'd be willing to speak with your boss, but I can't say weather or not I'd be willing to work with him until I know what the work entails."

Smileybastard
2014-05-03, 05:24 PM
Tamrick

"I am not opposed to listening to what he has to offer."

Vhaidara
2014-05-03, 05:28 PM
Coin is coin, and as long as it becomes mine I'll do the work.

Holy-hunter
2014-05-10, 09:01 PM
With a devious grin and chuckle he replies"alright but it's hard work n' you will get your sweat on" he looks around at the size of everyone's arms almost mockingly, then goes on to explain where to meet his boss the following morning.
It's not too far from your current location, near an expanding farm. "you will be clearing land, come prepared, do a good job en we might see what else we got for your type."

After a brief moment, letting the last words sink on he finishes off with "well if no body en gonna buy me a drink I'll be taking mu leave" and with that gives a gentle nod.

Smileybastard
2014-05-10, 09:45 PM
Tamrick

"I am no common laborer to clear land." He stares into the mans eyes.

Sense Motive [roll0] To read the speaker and sense his motives.

Holy-hunter
2014-05-10, 10:02 PM
The halfling catches Tamricks gaze, for a second he frowns as if disappointed then leans in putting his hands on the table and wryly replies "everybody's got ta start somewhere, en me boss ent new at this, he's been hiring the right people for the right jobs fer years"

it's obvious that you guys don't look like the simple labourer type. You can conclude that it's not the long term plan, well if he has any bussiness sense at all.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-10, 10:55 PM
Well, I'll start at the bottom, so long as I don't have to stay there. I've even already got the tools I'll need. On a different note, are any of the businesses here under any kind of protection? I'd hate to accidentally get in trouble with my new boss.

Smileybastard
2014-05-10, 11:11 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick nods. "Well then we will see."

Vhaidara
2014-05-10, 11:34 PM
Torch's eyes light up.
I can clear trees. Oh, I can definitely clear trees.

Holy-hunter
2014-05-11, 12:06 AM
He looks at Morqueler, and says in reply

"good, coz we don't supply nothing, make sure you have everything you could need. As for protection, don't ya know? The church or trading guild has it's hands in nearly every running bussiness and the towns guards in their back pocket"

He then smiles at Torch's eagerness and steadily eyes him over as if assessing and weighing him up.

Enyalius
2014-05-11, 02:48 AM
Mulling the job offer over in his head, Atius agrees, "There's is nothing wrong with starting with the basics, and a day of hard labor won't kill me so I see no reason not to do it, so count me in as well."

The thought of, 'Got to start somewhere.' runs through his head.

Holy-hunter
2014-05-11, 03:18 AM
With a slap to the table the halfling grins
"ok so it's settled, be at the location by sunrise wif what ever you may need, there may be some others there competing for long term employment as well so bring your best, oh and we don't work for no church or guild either" and with that he hurries to join his group still sulking in the corner.

The rowdy group from the other side leer at him as he moves around.

Just as he leaves the bar maid approaches with a warm smile, still drying her hands on a loose cloth she gently bows and asks "is everything to your liking? May I help anyone with anything else?

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-13, 08:49 PM
I might be needing a room to sleep in, but first I need to see if I'll need it tonight or tomorrow morning. turns to the rest of the table: what if we were to get a head start on our job tonight? We can all see well enough in the dark for something as simple as clearing a field.

Smileybastard
2014-05-13, 09:24 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick looks skeptical. He whispers "I don't think we will be clearing a field and to be honest, I am nt sure I want to work for anyone who tests my skills by having me clear a field. I would be rather worthless at it for more than one reason."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-14, 08:00 AM
Heh, good point. I'd better take a room for tonight. whispers: Although I'd still like to "case the joint".

Enyalius
2014-05-14, 08:49 AM
"You do that then, I for one will get a good night's rest." Atius says, having heard Morqueler whisper.

"After I get some tools." he says, picking up Zuzu and leaving to the nearest general store, to pick up the needed equipment to assist it clearing a field.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-24, 08:45 PM
Morqueller turns to the barmaid, " Do you have any open rooms for tonight?"

Holy-hunter
2014-05-24, 11:14 PM
The barmaid gives a warm smile as she replies to Morqueller, but speaks loud enough for the whole group.
"there are three rooms available, nothing too fancy, six pieces of silver each. " and with a quick shuffling of her hands in her apron pocket she draws three metal keys each tied to a small tag.
"interested" she asks.

Atius finds the general store with ease, it is not far from the tavern and has a large wooden sign on the roof stating its purpose. Next to the door an old begger has made himself comfortable wrapped in his dirty rags.
Inside the small shop you notice the shelves are mostly bare with the odd supply here or there.
Behind the counter a young female half elf stands, her short spikey dark hair not even reaching her pointy ears, she wears a plain solid tan dress with a simple rope tied around her waist.
She has a look of despair about her and she sighs heavily as you approach.

A tinkering sound can be herd fom the room behind the counter.

Enyalius
2014-05-25, 01:49 PM
As Atius walks in he spots the depressed female, seeing an opportunity, for what he's not sure, he speaks, "I know i'm not the best looking person around, but I wasn't aware that by merely entering a room I could cause despair. Might I ask what wrong?"

diplomacy [roll0] to find out what's wrong... what I'm going for affably evil, a villain with good publicity.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-25, 04:09 PM
Morqueller pulls out the money, " I'll take one thank you." He hands her the money for his meal and room.

Vhaidara
2014-05-25, 04:18 PM
Torch also holds out the money for a room and heads upstairs.

Smileybastard
2014-05-25, 05:02 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick puts the money on the table. "It seems as good of a place as any."

Holy-hunter
2014-05-26, 05:59 PM
The barmaid collects the money as she hands out the keys giving each out with a quick set of directions and basic household rules and wishes everyone a good night.

The rooms are quite small and have the bare basics for a comfortable nights sleep.

At the general store the half elf flashes a small sincere smile, on a face too familiar with false ones.
"oh nothing"
She gently replies,
"how may I help you?"

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-05-26, 10:20 PM
Morqueller finishes his meal. "Hmm, guess I'll volunteer for the wizard to share with. I'll go let him know." He rises and heads out towards the general store. When he passes the beggar he tosses him a silver coin. "Give a coin now, steal three when his guard's down."

Enyalius
2014-05-27, 02:41 PM
Not believing her, but not really willing to push his luck, and by chance anger her, he asks for the items he came for, "Right, well if you don't wish to talk then I won't pry. But anyway back to business, I looking for some pickaxes, shovels and axes, would you happen to have any in stock?"

Holy-hunter
2014-05-28, 04:32 AM
General storeThe half elf replies apologetically with a nod.
"sorry but all that is for sale is what is left on the shelf,
And I'm afraid we are all out of those items"
The tinkering sounds from the back room stop and she quickly adds on,
"can I interest you in anything else?"
She asks hopefully, looking and speaking towards Morqueller as well now.

Tavern
(Listen check, dc20 at the bar/ dc15 from a room)
you hear a womanly scream from out the back of the tavern

Smileybastard
2014-05-28, 06:51 PM
Tamarick

Upon hearing the scream, Tamarick rises calmly and heads to the back of the Tavern.

Enyalius
2014-05-29, 05:18 AM
Raising an eye brow at her sudden hopeful tone, Atius says, "Perhaps, but I'll need to take a small look around first."

I can probably think of a few things to pick up later, and this gives Atius a chance to figure out what's going on a how to best use it to his advantage, after all desperation only attracts vultures.

Holy-hunter
2014-06-01, 01:32 AM
General store
The half elf nods at Atius and walks to the rear door to inspect why the noise had stopped out the back. As she walks a clanking of steel chains can be herd upon each step.

Tavern
Out the back of the tavern the barmaid kneels in the dirt, a basket of clothing lay sprawled around her as she shields herself with her forearms from three encroaching hungry looking wolves snapping fiercely at the air around her.

Smileybastard
2014-06-01, 07:30 AM
Tamrick

Tamrick moves towards the barmaid and the wolves, raising his hands. "Begone foul beasts to the wilds that spawned you." He channels his hate, excluding the barmaid.

Channel negative energy, excluding the barmaid. [roll0] The DC is 15.

Enyalius
2014-06-02, 07:53 AM
"Ah, so she's a slave... that explains things a bit, but now what to do?" the dhampir reasons and ponders, Do I need a servant at this point in time? And even if I do, how shall I acquire her in a way that would make her loyal to me?"

"It's time like these that I wish I delved more in enchantment. That way all I need is one spell and poof, instant loyal servant." he thinks morosely while shaking his head.

Turning to the other dhampir in the room he waves him over to ask his opinion on how to proceed.

So yeah, should I try to make the half-elf my servant or not. Opinion's please.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-04, 12:20 AM
Morqueller walks over to Atius. We've all gotten rooms at the tavern, there were only three but your welcome to sleep on the floor in mine. *looks around the store* Wonder if there's anything worth stealing here...
A servant would be neat, if you think you can keep Tamrick from going all Dracula on her .

Holy-hunter
2014-06-06, 08:08 AM
General goods

A small bald angry little gnome comes bursting out the doorway from the back room. Wearing old smithers clothing, covered in dirt and scorch marks. He gazes at you both with judgemental beady eyes through his thin framed spectacles that sit atop his large round nose.

The half elf semi cowers as she presses herself to the wall as not to get in his way.

"I am too too busy we cannot help you"
he snaps rudley with a toothy whistle in his voice, he then ushers the elf towards the back.

Looking back he says "please if you haven't seen anything you like go look elsewhere, I have much work to do"

Enyalius
2014-06-06, 10:40 AM
"Well, actually I have seen something I want... I just don't think I be able to acquire it today, so I must bid you ado. But don't worry, I'll most certainly be back." Atius says, the kind smile on his face turning sinister after he turns away from the gnome and half-elf.

Pausing in his steps but not turning back around, he says, "Let us be off Morqueller, we have a busy day tomorrow, and I have many things to do before I sleep." He continues walking afterward, his kind smile back in place just as he reaches the door, his mind turning in ways to gain the half-elf as a servant, while minimizing the problems that this might cause.

So does anyone have an idea of how to get the half-elf as my servant, I've never played an evil character before, and I have never gone about trying to get a servant either so I could use some advise on the matter.

Holy-hunter
2014-06-07, 12:03 AM
out back tavern

The negative energy blasts the wolves
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Two of them turn, tail between the legs, and bolt off.
One remains growling ferociously,
The barmaid makes her way to her feet and hides behind her saviour.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-08, 07:47 AM
Maybe we can try a blacksmith, they should have the tools you need.
I can think of a few ways you can go about it. The easiest (though not very subtle) might be to just kill the gnome and enchant the half-elf. Or you could pretend to be nice and try to convince her to 'escape' with you, come back tonight and steal her, or just try to buy her. Morqueller would be happy to come back to night and raid the place.

Smileybastard
2014-06-08, 08:00 AM
Tamrick

Tamrick smiles and raises his mace and shouts at the wolf to scare it away.

Intimidate [roll0]

Enyalius
2014-06-09, 06:42 AM
Hearing Morqueller suggestion about the blacksmith he agrees, "You're most likely right, let's go check."

Holy-hunter
2014-06-09, 07:38 AM
Behind tavern
The wolf snarls back at Tamrick as it weighs up its options, but seeing the man confidently hold his ground and being a pack hunter now out numbered it decides to reatreat into the forest.

The barmaid lets out a sigh of relief.

general store
Leaving the store, a short while later on the street behind the two find what must be the blacksmith.
While it has no shop front, the smithing of metals can be herd inside, the fierce clang of metal hammering metal and the hiss of burning steel being plunged into water. Smoke billows from the chimney.
Attempts to open the door will reveal that it is locked.

Smileybastard
2014-06-09, 07:04 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick turns to face the barmaid. "That seemed odd behavior for wolves."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-11, 07:32 AM
Morqueller tries the door,"Hmm, locked. Better see if there's any other ways in. He walks around the building checking for any other ways in. Or maybe it's time to stop playing nice... Perception;[roll0]

Enyalius
2014-06-11, 11:10 AM
"There might be... hmm, this is a job for Zuzu." Atius says as he reaches into his robe to pull out his bat.

Looking at the bat, he explains the situation to her," Now Zuzu, pay attention, because this is important, what I want you to do is fly around this building and look for a way inside. If you find one come back immediately and land in my right hand, if you don't then land in my left." after giving his instructions, he sends her off, after she is in the air he holds both hands out from his torso, waiting for her to return and land.

[roll0]

Holy-hunter
2014-06-11, 01:10 PM
blacksmith
Before Zuzu even makes it back Morqueller spots a window ajar.

behind tavern
"yes my babies are strange aren't they"
The barmaid replies. Before you can make any sense of what she said she has struck at you with a sap.

Attack roll [roll0]
Non-lethal sneak attack damage [roll1]
Non-lethal sap damage [roll2]
Additionally hit by sleep spell, dc14

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-12, 07:32 PM
"Okay, let's see what we got." Morqueller carefully looks through the window. "How do you feel about a five finger discount?"

Smileybastard
2014-06-12, 08:04 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick looks surprised and then stumbles under the well placed blow.

He fights off the urge to sleep and channels energy, this time, clearly including her.

[roll]2d6

The energy surges through them both healing him and ...

Holy-hunter
2014-06-16, 09:51 AM
behind tavern

"Damn you" the barmaid curses as the negative energy jolts through her body.

She moves back and stands defensively before giving a high pitched whistle through pressed lips which then curve into a malicious smile.

blacksmith
The window leads to a small wash room. It's a small room with sheets and cloths hanging from lines. There are various sized buckets on the floor and shelves packed with colored linen and bottles line the wall.
There is no door, just an open doorway exit covered by a semi transparent damp white sheet.

Smileybastard
2014-06-17, 07:23 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick grins in return. "Damn me, indeed. More babies?"

Tamrick channels negative energy again.

Damage[roll0]

Holy-hunter
2014-06-19, 01:32 PM
behind tavern

"Watch out behind you" she slyly replies before groaning through gritted teath as the dark energy washes over her.

Smileybastard
2014-06-19, 05:01 PM
Tamrick

Tamrick quickly shifts to his left and glances over his shoulder while not losing sight of her for long.

Perception [roll0]

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-21, 12:07 AM
Morqueller climbs quietly through the window and moves to the doorway and listens carefully.
Stealth: [roll0] Perception: [roll1] If he doesn't detect anything Morqueller looks into the next room, or, if he does, he draws his wakizashi and readies an attack.

Holy-hunter
2014-06-21, 01:13 AM
outside tavern

Even tho the glimpse away from the maid was only momentarily when you look back she has disappeared into the shadows.
(May roll a Perception check)

blacksmith
Its obvious from the noise that in the next room is where the metal work is done. Atleast one maybe two people are busy working in there, an orange glow emits from the furnace wich burns and crackles in the room.

Torch
You awaken in total darkness and find yourself restrained to a cold stone slab. A fine rope ties your wrists and ankles to metal loops imbedded into slate.
It is deadly silent.

Smileybastard
2014-06-21, 06:08 AM
Tamrick

Tamrick's eyes return to where the witch was to find her gone. "Damn witch. The oldest trick in the book."

His eyes glean the surrounding area for any signs of her or her passing.

perception [roll0]

Enyalius
2014-06-22, 03:29 AM
Seeing that his compainion has entering the house covered, Atius wait for Zuzu to come back.

Vhaidara
2014-06-22, 01:15 PM
Torch opens his eyes and looks around as best he can. Ember wriggles a little in his pocket

Darkvision, Detect Psionics, Perception: [roll0] (an extra +2 for alertness because of Psicrystal)
And the Psicrystal is telepathically sighted, so it ignore all darkness, including magical darkness. And I don't think it even needs to make a perception check. 40ft range.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-24, 10:25 PM
Morqueller sneaks back to Atius, "Okay, we've got one, maybe two, in the next room. I'm thinking I charge in and take one out then you follow and mess up the other. What do you think? Do we need any prisoners?"

Enyalius
2014-06-25, 09:43 PM
"Morqueller... I must ask, why in the pits are we going to do that?" He looks at the other dhampir strangely, "What benefit does charging into their place of work and trying to kill them give us? If anything it would make life harder for us."

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-06-26, 10:52 PM
Morqueller climbs back outside, "Okay, hold on. We need to get on the same page here. We're trying to get you some tools, right? The blacksmith's locked so they're not selling anything right now. So we've got to steal anything we want. They're working at the forge right now so we can't exactly just walk in. We could always try to sweet talk our way in, but people don't usually treat our kind very nice. If we just kill them we can strip the place, clean up any mess, dispose of the bodies, and one, two, three, no-one's the wiser but we're all the richer. "
We are trying to be evil, right?:smalltongue:

Enyalius
2014-06-27, 03:58 AM
True it is the most direct way... but it will also cause a good bit of problems based on how well known, and frequented this blacksmith is, if he were to suddenly go missing it might cause problems... and as you say we aren't well liked and since we are new in town we will more than likely be prime suspects." Atius says, arguing his point.

Yes, we are trying to be evil but in this case Atius just can't understand how this will benefit him in the long run, if this was killing someone that couldn't be traced back to him, or who people wouldn't notice missing fine... but I'm guessing a blacksmith in this town going missing would cause quite a stir, and draw attention that isn't needed right now.

Now if there was a way to kill them that makes it look like they weren't involved or that it was and accident, fine... but that just seems like too much trouble for some axes and shovels.

Wild_West_Ninja
2014-07-02, 09:59 PM
"If we clean everything up nice after we finish no-one will be able to find out what happened. But if you've got a better way, I'm all ears. It's just that I don't see us robbing them with them working in the forge right now. Guess we could always just knock on the front door."
I dunno man, what do you think we should do?