PDA

View Full Version : Help with some world regions

Mr.Sandman
2014-04-14, 01:01 AM
Greetings Playground! After an immensely odd group world building session, we have decided our next game will be a Feudal Asian Fantasy Noir game based on the Mega Man series. Various robot masters will be Daimyo of the many provinces of the empire of Arcadia, ruled by Emperor Light, or advisers of said emperor. Some will be working against him with his villainous half brother Albert Wiley. I have ideas for most of the 10 provinces, but 2 allude me. Both are to the west of the capital, one ruled by Skullman, and one by either Junkman or Airman. Skullman's domain is farther to the edge of the map, and I have decided that, for religious reasons, almost all important citizens of the realm are buried in the Skull region. What else could that area export or do to be of use to the empire? Close in the the capitol is the other region. I have no clue what to do with it. I had the idea for, under Junkman's rule, a region of slums due to its proximity to the grave region, but don't like the idea too much as the region would be mostly useless. Under Airman's rule it would contain many wizards and druids who control the weather to assist the nearby farming regions of Hornetman, Toadman, and Quickman. That too seems a bit lackluster. Does anyone have any ideas I could use to spice up these areas so they don't become big blank spots on the map?

Everyl
2014-04-14, 01:43 AM
What realms do you have detailed so far? It's quite likely that any ideas offered will conflict with one of the 10 existing ones.

My first thought for Skull Man is that it could be a source of quarried stone. Smaller pieces are used to make grave markers and memorials for buried citizens, while larger pieces are used in grand architecture all over the realm.

Mr.Sandman
2014-04-14, 02:53 PM
The empire is laid out in a pretty uniform format, 4 regions close in to the capitol in the 4 directions, 4 more farther out, but larger, in the same directions, and 2 very far out but very large in the North and South. To the far north is Blizzard Region deep in the mountains. It does not have many exports besides ice and goat products, but it keeps guard on the nations boarders from the tribal Poké, a land of master Summoners and animal trainers. Metal Region is just to the south, still in the mountains, and contains great vains of iron, and some other rarer metals and gems. The mountains give way to the plains of Quick Region. Quick Region has some farms, but its most important export is its swift horses and well trained cavalry. To the far south is the sea and the Bubble Region Islands and shore, providing fish and ships to the empire. To their north is Toad Region, full of marshes and rivers. Much trade flows through Toad Region from Bubble Region and the Mushroom Kingdom across the sea. The marshes of Toad Region are also important for the growth of water crops like rice. Just south of the capitol is the farm filled Hornet Region. The bees in this area make short work of fertilizing the crops, and the honey they provide is the nations primary sweetener. The far boarder of Slash Region to the west is 75% the watery Bubble Region, and 25% the mountains of Blizzard Region, and the Region itself has many of the traits of a jungle, providing tropical fruits and many animals to the empire. Closer in to the capitol the jungle turns more to the forests of Wood Region, which provides almost all of the nations lumber. The far boarder of Skull Region to the east is 75% mountains and 25% seashore, the opposite of Slash Region, and the region next to the capitol will most likely be plains like Quick and Hornet Regions.

Mr.Sandman
2014-04-19, 10:24 AM
Any other advise? Other potential RMs for Skull Region are Gutsman and Snakeman. Airman could be replaced by anyone not yet mentioned

Everyl
2014-04-21, 07:19 PM
Sorry, I'm not having much luck coming up with ideas besides the stone quarrying/funerary thing for Skull Man (which could probably work for Guts Man too). I haven't actually played a significant amount of Mega Man since 16-bit consoles were still current, so I'm pretty rusty on the Robot Masters.

Besides maybe the Quick region, you don't have any areas focused on livestock or leathermaking, either. I couldn't say who would be a good RM to put in charge if you wanted one, though.