PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dread Necromancer: Some thoughts on feats etc.

Chester
2014-04-14, 09:36 AM
Yup, I read all the handbooks.

I've just decided that I'm not PrCing with my Dread Necro; I'm sticking with it. I'm not necessarily looking to optimize, but I was just looking for feedback on the feats listed in the handbooks, based on your own experience.

So far, feats I have are: Tomb-Tainted Soul, Weapon Finesse, Necromantic Presence (yes, I'm aware of the problem with commanding undead while having this feat, but the party has agreed to ignore that issue), and Versatile Spellcaster.

I'm thinking of Fell Drain, but is it worth it? I mean, at this point, I can only use it on level 1 spells (inflict light wounds, etc.), but does level drain matter at higher levels?

I've considered Undead Leadership, but from a practical standpoint....I have summons, minions, and a familiar; add to it a cohort and more minions. So, the rest of the party waits while I roll dice for 20 minutes.

Is Arcane Disciple worth it to pick up Desecration or any other divine spells?

Stitched Flesh familiar to make my Quasit undead?

Really, I just want to know what you've seen work well, or make things just plain more fun!

EDIT: I dont' want Mother Cyst.

Bonzai
2014-04-14, 01:50 PM
I guess the question is if you want to focus on DC's or Minions?

Chester
2014-04-14, 02:57 PM
I guess the question is if you want to focus on DC's or Minions?

Well . . . not really. I just want to know what others have found useful in certain circumstances. I'll use that to inform my choices and make that decision later. :smallsmile: