PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC IV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-14, 09:45 AM
Jadeite searches through the vines, but there isn't much there. Among the crushed, half-decayed corpses of small animals like mice and squirrels, he finds a torn pouch in relatively good condition. Inside there's a short string of pearls, a few dozen gold pieces, and a potion which he identifies as a minor curing one by taste. Other than that, the hallway is empty, or at least it seems to be. There's a door at the end of it, beyond two large openings that could have once held doors or curtains of their own.

Spot and listen checks, please!

Jadeite spot: [roll0]
Jadeite listen: [roll1]

Badger spot: [roll2]
Badger listen: [roll3]

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-14, 02:03 PM
"Everyone stay alert, there could be more of those vines"

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Athedia
2014-04-14, 03:21 PM
Badger pulled her arrows out of the vine examining the tips and taking what was still usable. "Afraid of plants now? Tsk, tsk."

Back!

And also what can she salvage of the arrows? Anything nothing?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-14, 03:33 PM
"I don't think it was the plants so much as the vines, Badger. Or have you forgotten those chokers already?" Jadeite smirks as he tosses the small pouch back and forth in his hands.

Glad you're back, Athedia!

And can you save the arrow? [roll0] Yes you can!

The arrow Badger retrieves is a bit dulled, but still useable.

It looks like the ground by the far door is bulging up slightly.

There's muttering and a scraping sound coming from inside the room behind the far door.

super dark33
2014-04-14, 03:40 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Surdrak was still pumped with adrenaline, he couldnt notice anything strange.

He already prepered himself for another skirmish.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-15, 01:18 PM
"Do any of you notice anything?" Jadeite asks, cutting off a bit of the vine and slipping it into a vial which he then tightly corks.

i just need three more rolls from sora, Elsee, and Kheel.

Silverraptor
2014-04-15, 01:39 PM
"What?"
Sora looks around.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-15, 02:28 PM
Badger and Sora:
There's muttering and a scraping sound coming from inside the room behind the far door.

Artorias:
It looks like the ground by the far door is bulging up slightly.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-15, 02:58 PM
"There is something weird over there" he points to the ground near the door "It is bulging"

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-15, 04:04 PM
Elsee:
spot: (d20+2)[21]
Listen: (d20+2)[22]

Kheel:
spot: (d20+15)[21]
Listen: (d20+12)[23]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-15, 04:11 PM
Elsee and Kheel:

There's muttering and a scraping sound coming from inside the room behind the far door, and it looks like the ground by the far door is bulging up slightly.

I'm working on a paper but I'll post more during/after dinner. What do you all want to do with this information?

super dark33
2014-04-15, 04:20 PM
Bulging? You mean like somthingis buriethere?

Athedia
2014-04-15, 04:23 PM
Badger paused, tilting her head toward the door. "Yeah, something is there. I can hear it."

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-15, 04:54 PM
Bulging? You mean like somthingis buriethere?

"Maybe even someone"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-15, 05:23 PM
Jadeite looks up cautiously. Hemlock hisses at their words. "should we investigate? Though Artorias; you're injured from the trap before."

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-15, 09:10 PM
"You mean this?" Artorias shows him his sheen "It is only a scratch, nothing to be worried about"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-16, 06:37 PM
The party carefully makes their way to the following door. As they approach, walking through low-hanging doorways with holes where hooks were once set, the sounds within the following room become louder and more distinct. It sounds like muttering. Muttering, scratching, and there--a woman laughing. The floor seems to slope up and bulge slightly under the party's feet as they open the door.

This is the largest room yet--actually, it's three rooms, possibly four. The room the party stands in right now extends several feet to their right, and there is another one across the main large room. Between the walls seem to suggest another room, but a rockslide has blocked that path off. The central largest room seems to have once been a place of importance, as seen by the raised dais in the back, the carvings on the walls, the stone seats long worn down.

But what draws the party's attention is the woman on the ground with torn clothes and scraggly hair, who is muttering and laughing to herself as she digs at the ground with a rock.

I need a party order, please. Otherwise I'm defaulting to the one I'm putting on the map right now.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-16, 09:33 PM
Artorias approaches the laughing woman carefully, he tries to appear as non-threatening as possible.

"Hello?"

I think we should assume that Artorias is always at the front of the party, he is the meatshield after all.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-16, 09:37 PM
As Artorias approaches he sees the woman frantically digging at the ground with a broken shovel, and he can make out the words she's muttering. It's an endless broken stream of, "Down, dig down, just a bit more, it's under here, right? Hahaha, just a little more, right? Come on, digdigdigd--"

She stops short when Artorias approaches, and at his question she whips around and springs to her feet with a hiss.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 03:27 PM
"Artorias?" Jadeite asks, quick and cautious. "What is she saying?"

The woman stares at Artorias, half-crouched. Her arms out outstretched and she's gripping the shovel tightly. "Who're you?" she asks. She opens her mouth, about to say more, but then looks at Surdrak and falls silent.

The voices in his head stir and shake, and the woman breaks out in a broad grin that bares all her teeth.

super dark33
2014-04-17, 03:38 PM
Have you been talking to other people? What am I, just another soul on a checklist?! I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAAAAAAL!

Surdrak belliws mentaly in hope the voices will get surprised.

Outwardly he says politely:
Who are you?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 03:47 PM
The voices shake and swim, circling his mind.

Oh, you are special.

All of you.
We called you. And you responded.

Just a few in the world.

The girl staggers a few feet, staring at Surdrak. She can't stop grinning as she speaks. "I'm Alice. You hear them too, don't you? Hear what...hehehehehe...what they're telling us, what they're promising us?"

super dark33
2014-04-17, 03:55 PM
They promised me nil, im here so theyll let me sleep in peace.

Morf uoy era erehw? Ecalp siht fo wonk uoy od tahw?

Surdrak pauses and then asks

Semalg wonk uoy od?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-17, 03:56 PM
"Artorias?" Jadeite asks, quick and cautious. "What is she saying?"

The woman stares at Artorias, half-crouched. Her arms out outstretched and she's gripping the shovel tightly. "Who're you?" she asks. She opens her mouth, about to say more, but then looks at Surdrak and falls silent.

The voices in his head stir and shake, and the woman breaks out in a broad grin that bares all her teeth.

Artorias doesn't respond immediatly, his insticts were telling him that this woman was dangerous.
"There is something underground.... and she is looking for it"

The warblade's eyes widen at the way the girl... Alice adresses Surdrak
"She is like Surdrak!"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 04:03 PM
Jadeite stiffens. "Another warlock?!"

Alice straightens up, so straight it's like she's leaning back, and slides closer to Surdrak. "Oh come on, I know they promised you something!"

We did! We did the voices shout.

"Don't you know them? You...hehehe...you made the pacts with the squids too, didn't you?"

Alice doubles over laughing for a moment, laughing, and the voices hiss in excitement.

"They gave me sooo much, and I just needed to do a little favor for them in return. Haha, just little thing! And I bet they told you the same thing? To dig! To come over here and digdigdig!"

She's right next to Surdrak now, twisting her way around him to whisper in his ear. "Come on, you handsome warlock. Hehe, Surdrak, that's what the voices are calling you! Oooh, Surdrak, you wanna know what the voices promised me? She closes her eyes and starts shaking with silent laughter. "What they promised you?"

We told you! We told you!

super dark33
2014-04-17, 04:16 PM
So many parties adressing him, two of which are lunatic. Made him feel like a sane person again, it made him happy for a little bit until frustration took over again.

Eheh, handsome warlock, that is true~
His ego suffered a boost that almost distracted him from the matters at hand.

Jædæþ* shut up, Voices shut up, Artæ, probably not, Alice go on but answer my questions.

*Pronounce: Jadeit

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 04:27 PM
Alice twines around Surdrak, finally stopping in front of him, hanging her arms around his neck to lace at his back. She leans in and whispers, "They said...They said..."

She starts shaking again, laughing almost too silently to be heard, before letting go of Surdrak and falling to the ground.

"Hehehahaha! They said they'd be like gods! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

And she doubles over, cackling with hyena-like laughter as the voices hiss in affirmation.

super dark33
2014-04-17, 04:32 PM
Surdrak felt sort of uncomfortable with the invasion of his personal space but he played along.

Does she even speak Spirit?
egaugnal siht wonk neve uoy od?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 04:36 PM
Alice nods, then grins up at Surdrak as she pulls on his cloak and yanks him to the ground, where he falls on top of her in a very suggestive position. She then grabs his head and tugs him closer to whisper--or what would be a whisper if she wasn't laughing insanely every other word--

"Hey, Surdrak. Do you--hahahaha--want to be a--heeheehee--like a god too? Hahaha, I know you do!"

super dark33
2014-04-17, 04:46 PM
Of course i would.

Surdrak rolls off and bounces back on his feet, then grabs Alice by her shoulders and stands her up.

But relying on Spirits for that? Might as well let the otyugh guard the booze celler.

He forcfuly and suddenly brings her closer to his face.

Semalg fo wonk uoy od tahw?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 04:52 PM
Alice giggles. "Heehee! But Surdrak, the spirits gave us power. And they--teehee--just want a little mooore from us!"

As Surdrak pulls Alice close, and she pulls him closer, her face falls for a moment. "Who are you with?"

What do you mean by glames?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 05:30 PM
It takes a moment for alive to translate Surdrak's speech, but when she does she blinks and cackles even more loudly, throwing her head back.

"Ahahaha! I knew it! They said there's be more! Ahahaha, the finest stock around, they said! Heehee, I bet they love you."

Oh, we do...

She leans back into Surdrak, and yanks his hea close before shooting a glare at the others. Jadeite moves closer to Artorias, and mines a quick drawing motion behind his back.

"So...who're they?"

super dark33
2014-04-17, 05:39 PM
Surdrak thinks for half a moment, to keep her from murdering he needs to keep the illusion of being the paragon she makes him.
There is only one way.

Sevals. They are here to accompany me in these ruins.

?

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-17, 06:00 PM
Elsee just kind of blinks at the whole ordeal, was this a ... human thing? Eventually it got to the point where Elsee wouldn't be surprised if they just started disrobing right there infront of them, she throws a thumb over her shoulder to the door as she finally speaks up for the first time in perhaps hours.

"did you uuuhh... need some privacy or somethin?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 06:23 PM
Jadeite looks back at the rest of the group at Elsee's statement. His eyes are wide. "No. Do not leave Surdrak here alone."

Artorias can feel it too, a strange hostility vaguely directed at him.

Alice giggles and claps her hands. "Heehee! That's perfect! Haha! I got the diggers and you got--And you got them all to come? Even the elf'?"

And now another wizard too, the voices hiss. Twice as good!

yes, and a will save.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-17, 06:54 PM
Suddenly, Surdrak feels a sudden overpowering urge to blurt out who his friends are--especially Jadeite and Artorias, whom the voices seem to especially loathe by the venom when they speak their names--but he manages to force it down. Still, Alice seems to pick up on Surdrak's hesitation, the way he choked on his words, and leaps onto him, hissing into his ear,

"Ooh, Surdrak, do you have wizards? Heheheheh, are there wizards and those...sorcerers with you? Hahaha, do you? Do you? Because, heehee, if you do..." She shudders and laughs into Surdrak's neck.

The voices themselves are barely able to contain their anticipation and excitement. Oh yes, there are wizards...Oh yes, there are arcana users here...

Athedia
2014-04-17, 11:19 PM
Badger raised her bow pointing it at the woman. "I told Leif that you were trouble Surdrak. Is this why you were so eager to come here? Are we supposed to be the sacrifices? Magic rarely means anything good." It had to be on the others minds. Surdrak had said the goblins were not good sacrifices and this woman knew who they were.

super dark33
2014-04-18, 06:44 AM
So, you dont like Artorias and Jadeite that much, for what reason? What needs to be done?

Surdrak isnt comfortable plotting against allies.

Owt su tsuj sti ro ereh emoc ot desoppus si esle ohw os?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-18, 07:26 AM
Jadeite shakes his head. "Badger, this isn't all magic, and this certainly isn't arcana! This is because she's a warlock--do you know how warlocks are made?! SURDRAK! Don't listen to a thing she says!" He's screaming. The elf is screaming at Surdrak and there's outright terror in his voice

Alice stares at Badger, and then falls over laughing, cackling as she rolls around on the floor. "That's exactly right! Oooh, you're good! Ahahahahaha, you're gonna be great! I can't wait to hear you scream!" She springs up at Surdrak's question and begins running her hands all over his face and down his neck and the side of his body. The voices in his head cackle with him.

"Sorcerers are born with the power to manipulate Arcana. Wizards learn to manipulate the Arcana in the world through study and training. Clerics are given divine magic by their deities in return for their faith. But warlocks make pacts with malevolent spirits. The spirits give their host their power, and in return--" The words tumble out of Jadeite, faster than they ever have.

Alice dips her head down, leaning into the space between Surdrak's chin and shoulder, and laughs quietly. She looks up, almost as if she's about to kiss him, and false-whispers, "You know what we should do?"

And it would be romantic, except that as Alice stares into Surdrak's eyes, he can see how hers are empty and almost glassy, how the voices in his head speak the same thing half a beat before her. They're reflecting her...no. She's reflecting them.

Jadeite is still terrified, but his voice has taken on a dull edge. "In return, the spirits get them."

"Let's sacrifice them. The voices want it sooooooo much and ooh Surdrak, we gotta give the voices a super-special present for everything they've given us, right? Heheheheh. So let's give them your little slaves. Especially that ElF anD OTheR WIizarD. LE'tS cUt theEIr THrOatS, HeaR ThEm ScReAm! ComE onSurDrAK!" She runs her hands all over him, cackling insanely and she and the voices whisper all the things she wants herself and Surdrak to do on top of the corpses of the rest of the Wyvern's Fangs. Many of them are absolutely disgusting, and the rest don't even make sense. Finally, she throws back her head with a hysterical shriek, "TheY WaNt To BAthE iN thEIr bLoODD!"

super dark33
2014-04-18, 09:19 AM
Surdrak speaks out loud, but also internaly

Ah, so you are their enemy. Sorry folks but this offer is refused. Not only you dare bring me here blindly, but you also threathen my FRIENDS? Sorry about that but if there is somthing ive been taught is to never trust spirits. My deal stands with the high spirits only, and you are definetly no high spirits. and YOU

Surdrak pushes Alice off of him and grabs her neck, his arm flowing with eldritch power, shaking her with any point he makes.

You have done the worst mistake, you let a spirit decide what is good for you. And you know why is that a mistake? SPIRITS CANT TASTE! SPIRITS CANT SEE WRONG FROM RIGHT! SPIRITS NEED OUR GUIDENCE! NOT THE OTHER WAY!

He tosses her on the ground, his words are loud and aggresive.

I WILL NOT TAKE ORDERS FROM A SPIRIT OR A LOW BORN REJECT. YOU WILL ALL OBEY ME!

He readies a blast and aims it towards Alice.

Starting with, report what is under these ruins.

Athedia
2014-04-18, 10:16 AM
Something Alice had said had finally sunk in. A second wizard? Who? Not me, and Elsee would rather start a fire with a book than read it. Her hands shook, is this why people did not want outsiders to venture up here. Then Alice called her a slave.

She couldn't think, couldn't focus. Memories returned in a flood and as she looked up at Alice a different face replaced her. His face. A scream of anger emerged from her. "You're dead. STAY DEAD!"

Flaming Longbow

Shot 1:
Attack: [roll0]
Critical: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Fire: [roll3]

Shot 2:
Attack: [roll4]
Critical: [roll5]
Damage:[roll6]
Fire: [roll7]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-18, 11:25 AM
Alice shouts as the first arrow pierces her hand. She looks down at it and glares as she snaps off the shaft, then looks back at Badger, Surdrak, and everyone else. Her shoulders shake and she starts to laugh again.

"Heheh. So that's how it's gonna be. Hahaha, you've got some fight in you. The voices LOVE some fight! You're gonna be GREAT sacrifices, much better than those dogs! And heeheehee, Surdrak, don't be a dummy! Come on over. Heheh, you will. After we've sacrificed them together."

Laughing insanely, she staggers back and clicks her fingers. "Oooh boys! I got some meat! Hahaha, and play with it as much as you want! Hahahaha!!!"
There's a sudden rumbling underneath, and the ground bulges up. Suddenly, the earth below bursts open, and two giant shark-like creatures erupt onto land! Their fins end in claws and they have no gills and they're the wrong Color, but they grin like sharks and they have teeth like sharks and they look kind of like sharks and they're hungry like sharks.

One emerges behind the door where the group entered, where they saw the bulge before, cutting off their escape. The other erupts between the raised seats, close to Alice, who has again lost herself in demented hyena-like cackles.

She then snaps upright, and bounces her finger between Badger, Jadeite, and Artorias. "Whooooo first?!"

ill roll initiative and attacks and update the map later; I can't do it right now.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-18, 01:28 PM
I'm doing this before class, without any notes and from memory. If I get something wrong please tell me.

Jadeite: [roll0]
Sora: [roll1]
Surdrak: [roll2]
Badger: [roll3]
Elsee: [roll4]
Kheel: [roll5]
Artorias: [roll6]

Alice: [roll7]
Land sharks: [roll8]

Silverraptor
2014-04-18, 02:29 PM
"B-Badger?!"
Sora stares in horror at Badger's sudden attack. But when the land sharks appeared, she regained her composure. Turning to face the land shark blocking her escape, she held out her hand and focused, summoning the Bison.
"Summon monster III!"

Athedia
2014-04-18, 04:45 PM
Alice shouts as the first arrow pierces her hand. She looks down at it and glares as she snaps off the shaft, then looks back at Badger, Surdrak, and everyone else. Her shoulders shake and she starts to laugh again.

"Heheh. So that's how it's gonna be. Hahaha, you've got some fight in you. The voices LOVE some fight! You're gonna be GREAT sacrifices, much better than those dogs! And heeheehee, Surdrak, don't be a dummy! Come on over. Heheh, you will. After we've sacrificed them together."

Laughing insanely, she staggers back and clicks her fingers. "Oooh boys! I got some meat! Hahaha, and play with it as much as you want! Hahahaha!!!"
There's a sudden rumbling underneath, and the ground bulges up. Suddenly, the earth below bursts open, and two giant shark-like creatures erupt onto land! Their fins end in claws and they have no gills and they're the wrong Color, but they grin like sharks and they have teeth like sharks and they look kind of like sharks and they're hungry like sharks.

One emerges behind the door where the group entered, where they saw the bulge before, cutting off their escape. The other erupts between the raised seats, close to Alice, who has again lost herself in demented hyena-like cackles.

She then snaps upright, and bounces her finger between Badger, Jadeite, and Artorias. "Whooooo first?!"

Bow still raise Badger stepped closer shooting two more arrows from the longbow. The flames covering the bows body twisted and popped, licking at the gloves she wore. Badger normally feared fire, but today she embraced it, it was to be her protection.

5ft step to AJ38

Shot 1:
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Fire Damage: [roll3]

Shot 2:
Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Fire Damage: [roll7]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-18, 05:54 PM
Just as the fight begins, Alice looks down at the arrow in her hand. She frowns, and then dips her other hand into her shirt. She pulls out an amulet with a strange yet somewhat familiar insignia on it and chuckles as she grips it, muttering a word through the chortles.

Sora can't concentrate on her spell with the landshark grinning at her, and it fizzles.

Alica shouts as the first arrow cuts along her side, searing the wound shut as it goes. The other tears a hole in her cloak, but just barely misses. She looks at Badger with wide eyes and a feral grin and laughs, "We're gonna BOIL you! Boil you right in your BLOOD! Hehehe, won't that be fun?"

And yet...those arrows should have hurt her much more than they did. It's as if she's shrugging off half of the damage.

Artorias, Elsee, Kheel, and Surdrak are all up.

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]

Super Dark, are you using Detect Magic on Alice?

"Those land sharks are officially known as Bulettes," Jadeite says. "They burrow through the ground and will eat nearly anything. We need to stop them as well as Alice!"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-18, 10:33 PM
In the blink of an eye Artorias dissapears from where he was standing and reapers in the air above the deranged woman with is blade point down with every intention to impale Alice.

Swift Action: Initiate Sudden Leap to jump from (37,AL) to (40,AO)
Jump Check [roll0]
Tumble to avoid AoO from the Bullete [roll1]

Standard Action: Initiate Emerald Razor (Attack is vs. Touch AC)
Attack Roll [roll2] Power Attacking for 3
Crit Confirmation [roll3]
Damage[roll4]

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-19, 02:05 AM
"Oh sure!" Elsee groaned "Leave the big ones to the squishies, no problem at all right Sora!?"

Without needing a word Kheel took off into the air above the nearest land shark, forcing his way past it's mass until he arrived in the hallway on the other side, his talons digging into the Bulette's hide as he flew,

Elsee saw her opportunity the moment the Bulette's attention turned to Kheel, immediately jabbing both of her blades into the most vulnerable point she could find.

Kheel flies to AD 38, making a flyby attack and incurring one attack of opportunity, and Elsee uses the flank to sneak attack with both Kurkri.

Kheel claw: (d20+8)[16]
Damage: (2d4+3)[5]

Elsee Attack 1: (d20+8)[28]
Crit: (d20+8)[24]
Damage: (d3+2)[3]
Sneak attack: (3d6)[14]

Elsee Attack 2: (d20+8)[26]
Crit: (d20+8)[13]
Damage: (d3+2)[4]
Sneak attack: (3d6)[15]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-19, 09:17 AM
Artorias leaps through the air, sword flashing in the sunlight as he soars over the bulette towards the mad warlock. Alice's shrill laughter breaks off into a burbled scream as he plunges the sword into her chest, sliding it between her ribs to puncture a lung.

Meanwhile, Kheel dips down to slash a bulette with his talons, but can't cut through its thick hide and opens himself up to an attack.

Elsee's luckier. The land shark doesn't have gills like a fish would, but it does have gill-like structures. And as the beast rears up to bite rhe wyvern, and tears his leg open, Elsee's blades cut deep into the unprotected flesh, slicing it open and sending blood everywhere.

elsees crit damage: [roll0]

Bulette aoo against Kheel:

Attack: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit damage: [roll4]

I'll try to have Alice go before I get back from raptors but I don't know if I can do it. If I get the damage wrong, please tell me.

super dark33
2014-04-19, 11:52 AM
Boiling in blood is not a good cooking method!

Surdrak launched a blast at the Streetshark (Its Jawsome) by the seats.

Mortalbane
[roll0]
[roll1]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-19, 12:32 PM
Surdraks' blast sears the bulette's face, and it roars in pain, badly wounded by everyone's strikes.

Alice, still giggling even as she hacks up blood and more pours from her ruined lung, reaches up and grabs Artorias, yanks him down, licks her lips, and sends an eldritch blast right into his neck. As he does, her gauntlets glow a hellish red and burn.

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Concentration: [roll1]
Sickening Blast: Fort save DC 14 or be sickened.
Bonus fire damage: [roll3]

Oh, and Artorias? She has Mage Slayer. You can't cast defensively against her. The feat says any mages who try this automatically know it.

Her blast scorches the side of his neck, and he can feel--and hear, and smell his own flesh and hair sizzle and burn. She breaths in deep, coughs up more blood, and laughs insanely about the voices loving the sound of arcana burning.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-19, 12:52 PM
Fort Save [roll0]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-19, 01:26 PM
Alice closes her eyes and grabs the amulet again, whispering, "You can't get away...Eeeheeeheehee...Kill him, splatter his brains..."

There's a loud thud. Then another, and another. A looming shadow appears, and an implacable figure marches towards Artorias. Ten feet tall, not as broad and huge as the bulettes but towering over them regardless, the statue immediately reminds Artorias of the golem they fought back at Runite. But it's not a golem, it's not the same--Artorias can figure that out right away. The statue is old, so very very old. It's built from the same stone as the walls of San De Sol, moss grows over its shoulder and down its back, and little blades of grass and smaller sprouts poke out from the cracks between the stones, weathered and widened from the ages. Its arms are broad shields, tapered to an edge that can bash as well as block. And those stony shield arms are smoothed down, with a symbol carved on them--the same symbol, on the aged amulet Alice is clutching. The statue moves towards Alice without a sound, marching to defend her.

Jadeite, for his part, breaks away from the wounded bulette down towards the rubble, where Alice, Artorias, and the second bulette are engaged in combat, He shoots out a blast of color with a shout of, "Have all the magic you want!" and then yells at Artorias, "That's not Alice you're seeing; whomever she was is long gone! The spirits have complete control of her! You need to put her down!" He twists his arm again in an attempt to bind her into place.

Sudden Quickened Color Spray
Bulette will save: [roll0]
Alice will save: [roll1]

Hold Person
Alice will save: [roll2]

Damn, she made both.

The bulette is stunned, frozen in place, but Alice manages to shrug off both of Jadeite's spells. She turns to him and cackles, shouting, "We're gonna LOOOOOVE sacrificing you, ELF! How long can we make you SCREAM?! Oh, we've been waiting YEARS AND YEARS!!!"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-19, 05:12 PM
"That's a shield guardian!" Jadeite shouts. "It must be as old as San De Sol. Artorias, that construct is keyed to an amulet, and programmed to defend the amulet's wielder at all costs! It can defend against blows and even absorb some of the amulet wearer's damage! Alice must have the amulet on her for it to come to her aid!"

The bulette can't decide whether to snap up Elsee or Kheel first and so decides on both, pinning down Elsee with its claws while taking another bite of of Kheel's bleeding flank.

Bite against Kheel
Crit damage: [roll3]

Two claws against Elsee
Crit damage: [roll7]

Attack: [roll8]
Crit: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Crit damage: [roll11]

Everyone's up! Go for it!

super dark33
2014-04-19, 05:21 PM
Surdrak moved up to near Alice

Hey im on your side now gimme a hug

He sent his arms in an attempt to snatch off the amulet under the guise of an actual hug.

Roll]1d20+4[/roll] Disarm attempt

Athedia
2014-04-19, 06:19 PM
Badger stepped closer. Friends he had brought friends. But she had friends too now and she had killed him before. These were strong friends though and he was stronger, stronger than her. His touch controlled the fire that had finished him, but she had fire too. Yes. She and her friends. They were stronger, they had to be.

Unwaveringly she stepped forward again and fired three arrows toward her enemy. He is just human. And I am good at humans

Coffee, since you are the DM can you please remember my bonuses against humans and elves as well? Since I don't always know if they apply in listen checks etc.
+4 Bluff, Listen, sense Motive, survival and Damage rolls against humans
+2 against Elves

Stepping to AK39 (you never moved me on the map before)

Feats Activated:
Point Blank Shot (+1 attack and damage)
Precise Shot (no penalty for shooting into melee)
Rapid Shot (full attack 1 more attack at highest modifier, -2 to attack on all shots)

Total Bonus to:
Attack: 10/5 (base ranged) + 1 (weapon Focus) + 1 (magic weapon) + 1 (PBS) + 4 (favored enemy) -2 (RS) = 11/6

Damage: 1d8 (base) + 1 (PBS) + 1 (magic weapon) + 4 (favored enemy)= 1d8+6

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

Shot 3:
Fire: [roll11]

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-19, 07:27 PM
Artorias is breathing hard, he doesn't really understand what that witch has done to him, he feels... weak, sick, but as he hears Jadeites screams he fights through the urge to gag and sees the amulet, hanging on Alice's neck. Artorias' hands shoots forward trying to grab it.

Disarm Attempt [roll0] (the -2 from being sickened is already factored in).

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-19, 08:46 PM
The landshark claws into Elsee, and then with a powerful bite tears into Kheel, ripping away another part of his leg as the young wyvern screams out.

Surdrak tries and fails to snatch the amulet off of Alice. Indeed, he can't even get past the rubble.

Meanwhile, Badger fires three arrows in succession. Although one arrow misses outright, and another bounces off the stony arms of the shield guardian, one buries itself deep into her shoulder. She jerks up with a cry--right into Artorias's grasp, where he grabs onto her amulet. She reacts and tries to claw his face.

AoO:

Opposed disarm: [roll3]

"NO!" she screams as he rips the amulet off of her neck. Behind him, he hears the shield guardian still.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-20, 10:40 AM
"Yes" With some difficulty Artorias moves towards the Shield Guardian Hoping the construct recognizes him as his master.

Artorias still has his move action so he will move from (39,AP) to (40,AT)

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-20, 04:00 PM
Elsee hissed as her skull collided to the floor, the weight of the landshark easily pinning the much smaller goblin down. Foutionately Elsee's arms remained free, allowing her to jab her blades into the landshark's toes, hoping it'd rather lift it's claws off of her rather then put more weight on her.

Kheel meanwhile whines and begins to panic, quickly lashing at the landshark with everything he had before attempting to crawl away.

Elsee and Kheel both full-attack landshark, Kheel five-foot steps away after attacking.

Elsee attack 1: (d20+8)[27
Crit: (d20+8)[25]
Sneak attack: (3d6)[10]

Elsee attack 1: (d20+8)[10
Crit: (d20+8)[15]
Sneak attack: (3d6)[13]

kheel has too many attacks and i need to go to work. Coffee can you do it? (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=728017)

Athedia
2014-04-20, 04:25 PM
Elsee and Kheel both full-attack landshark, Kheel five-foot steps away after attacking.

I do not believe this is how a roll would quote.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-20, 04:28 PM
Something Alice had said had finally sunk in. A second wizard? Who? Not me, and Elsee would rather start a fire with a book than read it. Her hands shook, is this why people did not want outsiders to venture up here. Then Alice called her a slave.

She couldn't think, couldn't focus. Memories returned in a flood and as she looked up at Alice a different face replaced her. His face. A scream of anger emerged from her. "You're dead. STAY DEAD!"

Flaming Longbow

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

Filler text +1

Athedia
2014-04-20, 04:32 PM
Elsee:
spot: (d20+2)[21]
Listen: (d20+2)[22]

Kheel:
spot: (d20+15)[21]
Listen: (d20+12)[23]

Filler Text +2

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-20, 04:38 PM
I had the same thing happen, where rolls get requoted, when I quoted Super Dark's Natural 1 on his Knowledge (Arcana) check while rolling for Jadeite's check in the same post. Jadeite rolled a 20 and for some reason Super Dark's roll, quoted in the same post got changed to a 20 in my post too. Check it out on the OOC thread!

It is a little odd, and if it continues I'll talk to him about it. Maybe he's rolling it in a slightly different format? Like how you can split up multi-dice rolls to show the individual values or just show the sum?

EDIT: Sent a PM to Draconi.

super dark33
2014-04-20, 04:56 PM
Its either rolled in the dice roll thread or somthing else. The thing that happend in my quoted post in your roll is that it shown roll0 which was also rolled in your post. Ovserve:

Roll0 [roll0]
Actual roll [roll0]

When you quote it it shows both rolls as the roll result. I wonder if more roll0s can be inserted by edit?
[roll0]

Athedia
2014-04-20, 05:02 PM
Its either rolled in the dice roll thread or somthing else. The thing that happend in my quoted post in your roll is that it shown roll0 which was also rolled in your post. Ovserve:

Roll0 [roll0]
Actual roll [roll0]

When you quote it it shows both rolls as the roll result. I wonder if more roll0s can be inserted by edit?
[roll0]

But the problem in this is different since those are all roll0's, while the ones appearing were all editable rolls

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-20, 05:03 PM

Roll0 [roll0]
Actual roll [roll0]

[roll0]

But I'm getting roll0 when I quote. Could you explain this in more detail please?

super dark33
2014-04-20, 05:09 PM

Roll0 [roll0]
Actual roll [roll0]

[roll0]

Since in the quote these are all roll0s, the code recognizes them as such and will post a roll identified as roll0 in them.
Observe:
[roll0]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-20, 05:12 PM
Since in the quote these are all roll0s, the code recognizes them as such and will post a roll identified as roll0 in them.
Observe:
[roll0]

Ah, ok. Thanks. But that's not what's been going on with Draconi.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-20, 05:15 PM
Observe:
[roll0]

The thing is that when you quote a roll it appears as [roll0] in both the edit window and the actual post, the rolls Athedia and I quoted both appear like code, chack the difference between the actual code when quoting Athedia's post and Draconi's one. Also see how the first line in Draconi's rolls lack a ] after the result.

Flaming Longbow

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

Elsee hissed as her skull collided to the floor, the weight of the landshark easily pinning the much smaller goblin down. Foutionately Elsee's arms remained free, allowing her to jab her blades into the landshark's toes, hoping it'd rather lift it's claws off of her rather then put more weight on her.

Kheel meanwhile whines and begins to panic, quickly lashing at the landshark with everything he had before attempting to crawl away.

kheel has too many attacks and i need to go to work. Coffee can you do it? (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=728017)

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-20, 06:16 PM
Kheel lashes out, trying to finish the Bulette before it finishes him.

do you guys want to continue this conversation ooc?

Attack: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Attack: [roll9]
Crit: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack: [roll12]
Crit: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]

Two of Kheel's desperate strikes hit and badly wound the Bulette, though he's not quite dead yet.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-21, 09:59 AM
Artorias breathes hard as he runs towards the guardian, Alice's attacks had wounded him a lot more than he thought possible. Hoping Jadeite is right he speaks to the golem."I am your new master, protect me"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 10:00 AM
Sora dashes back and casts a spell from her wand, invigorating Artorias and slightly closing his wounds. As she does so, she opens herself to an attack from the land shark.

lesser vigor on Artorias.

Bulette aoo:

It tears into her arm and back. Meanwhile, the shield guardian looks down at Artorias, then stands tall next to him.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 10:07 AM
"No! NO! YOU'RE GONNA BURN, WIZARD!" Alice screams as she staggers to her feet and fires another blast if eldritch flame at Artorias.

Damage: [roll1]
Bonus fire damage: [roll2]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 10:11 AM
The blast to Artorias's chest hits him square on, but the mithril chain dissipates the worst of it.

Meanwhile, jadeite fires three orbs at the Bulette attacking Everyone else, shouting to Artorias, "It will follow your commands! Put her down!"

ill go for the shield guardian and Bulette after class.

Here's some extra bonus damage I forgot to add to Alice-- she uses hellfire blast as well. [roll0] reflex save or catch fire.

Jadeite's magic missile damage: [roll1]

super dark33
2014-04-21, 10:20 AM
[roll0] Att
[roll1] Crit
[roll2] Glove
[roll3] Eldritch

Comeon Alice, what did you expect? An eldritch bunny that lays eggs?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-21, 10:33 AM
[roll0]

I'm at -8 BTW.

Edit: I forgot to add the -2 from being sickened, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference does it?

Artorias avoids the worst of the flames and avoids getting himself lit on fire, but the effort and his prior injuries finally bring him down.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 10:59 AM
"No!" Alice screams as Surdrak tries to attack, and the voices scream their denial as well "What are you doing?! How could you?!"

actually, Artorias takes half damage from shield other. Not sure if it's enough to down him though.

Alice's concentration: [roll0]

super dark33
2014-04-21, 11:05 AM
Surdrak responds to her, in the spirit language.

Hey, i told you, face against my friends and you face me. You didnt have to listen to them, you could have been free. But you have chosen to stand against my words and you know how much my words worth.

He smiles at her and winks

You could have joined me. Any last requestLast requests dont include the death of any of my friends?

Takes too long to read them. ill just put it between faux tags.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 11:20 AM
Artorias is badly burned but remains standing, if only just. Meanwhile, the shield guardian responds to his commands and attacks the biggest threat to the warblade-turned-wizard.

Literally.

The ancient construct steps forward and slams its fists down on the Bulette, again and again.

the shield guardian is like a computer program. It'll do EXACTLY what you tell it to do.

I don't know if I can roll for the Bulette until after class.

Both hits batter and bash the Bulette as jadeite brings the other one down.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 11:32 AM
The Bulette bites into Surdrak again and again.

attack: [roll0]

attack: [roll3]

attack: [roll6]

Everyone is up.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-21, 11:36 AM
This assumes it is Artorias turn

Artorias observes how the ancient guardian pummels the landshark. "That could have been any of us" he whispers softly to himself, a sudden pang of pain breaks him out of his reverie, with some difficulty he touches one of his moonstone studs and lets the positive energy flow through him, mending his wounds.

Standard: Activate Healing belt, full charges to heal [roll0]
Free: Ready action to tell the Shield Guardian to stop if he attempts to attack his friends.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 01:31 PM
The worst of Artorias's burns smooth over, though he's still pretty injured. Meanwhile, Alice turns to Surdrak, her face and chest coated with blood, and wheezes, "You think...it's that easy? Heheheheh...you were...born for this...ahahahaha..."

And the voices echo with her.

everyone but Artorias is up.

Athedia
2014-04-21, 01:47 PM
Badger aimed once more at Alice. She would be down soon.

In her mind the knife was raising again, ready to strike the finishing blow.

Feats Activated:
Rapid Shot (full attack 1 more attack at highest modifier, -2 to attack on all shots)

Total Bonus to:
Attack: 10/5 (base ranged) + 1 (weapon Focus) + 1 (magic weapon) + 1 (PBS) -2 (RS) = 11/6

Damage: 1d8 (base) + 1 (PBS) + 1 (magic weapon) + 4 (favored enemy)= 1d8+6

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

Shot 3:

[/SPOILER]

super dark33
2014-04-21, 02:04 PM
Surdrak attempted to stay cool while the Bulette munched on the arm Surdrak sticked it its mouth.
Holy barf it reached the shoulder.

Oh yes i was. I was more than born for this. You can still make your last wish if you want. I swear i will honour it as if it was mine. Hurry up then.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 02:30 PM
Alice laughs as badger nocks her arrows. "For you...to join us..."

i promised Super dark this conversation.

Athedia
2014-04-21, 02:38 PM
Alice laughs as badger nocks her arrows. "For you...to join us..."

i promised Super dark this conversation.

Perfectly fine. I will just picture this all happening in slow motion with the dialogue in the back and a superimposed image of her flashback barely visible through the action.

Silverraptor
2014-04-21, 03:12 PM
Sora cries out in pain and stumbles to the floor. The pain was quite intense.
"C-Cure Serious wounds!"

[roll0]

super dark33
2014-04-21, 03:31 PM
Surdrak sighed.

Then he remembered his hand is still inside the Shark's mouth.

YEEEEEOUUCH!

With his other hand, Surdrak focused on what might be a weakness of the shark and made an unneceserily round strike towards it.

[roll0] Concentration: If higher than target AC, apply sapphire damage and attack roll aims to touch AC.
[roll1] Attack
[roll2] Crit
[roll3] Gauntlet damage
[roll4] Eldrtich damage
[roll5] Sapphire damage

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 03:39 PM
Badgers eyes narrow and she fires. Two shots stop against the rubble, but one strikes true, burying itself in Alice's chest. She looks down as it sears its way through her, then laughs until the sound is cut short. The warlock crumples to the ground.

Meanwhile, sora reflexively heals herself, and Surdrak punches the Bulette in the face, cracking a few teeth. This gives him just enough leverage to escape.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 08:14 PM
Elsee and Kheel race over to help out against the remaining enemy, but stop short, fearful of their grevious wounds. Meanwhile, Jadeite glares at the land shark and growls, "I don't know why you evolved to exist out of water, but you'll be craving it soon enough. Desiccate!"

As jadeite casts his spell, the shield guardian keeps mindlessly pummeling the beast.

elsee and Kheel aren't in range yet. I'll go for the Bulette next.

Desiccate damage: [roll0]
Fort save: [roll1]

attack: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

attack: [roll5]
Crit: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

super dark33
2014-04-21, 08:32 PM
You need to work on your lines Jædæ, i dont think there is a relation between this and sharks other than the painful bite.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-21, 11:49 PM
As Jadeite's spell dries some of the creature's scales and the shield guardian batters it even more, the bulette returns its attention to Artorias, savagely striking out at the one who is not directly attacking it. The beast doesn't seem to comprehend that the shield guardian is protecting it, at least not at first.

Don't forget the damage is halved because of Shield Other.

Party's turn.

super dark33
2014-04-22, 07:58 AM
Surdrak almost expected the Shark to attack him after saying that, but he couldnt complain.

Stew. Thats what he will make out of these sharks.

[roll0] Att
[roll1] Crt
[roll2] gntlt
[roll3] crt dmg
[roll4] eldrtch dmg

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-22, 10:01 AM
Artorias attacks the landshark back, he powers through the pain an attacks with single minded ferocity.

Standard Action: Initiate Rabid Wolf Strike
Attack [roll0] Power attacking for 5
Crit Confirmation [roll1] (I always forget I get int to crit confirmation rolls >_<
Damage [roll2]+[roll3] (Rabid Wolf Strike]
AC is now 14

"Guardian to me!"

Athedia
2014-04-22, 05:29 PM
Badger started to come out of her daze, enough to realize the danger Artorias was in. "Art! Get out of here!" She raised the bow to protect him.

Feats Activated:

Total Bonus to:
Attack: 10/5 (base ranged) + 1 (weapon Focus) + 1 (magic weapon) + 1 (PBS) -2 (RS) = 11/6

Damage: 1d8 (base) + 1 (PBS) + 1 (magic weapon)= 1d8+2

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

Shot 3:

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-22, 05:47 PM
Artorias uses the opening Sora inadvertently gives him to cut a deep gash into the bulette, nearly tearing its mouth open. And though Surdrak misses, two of Badger's arrows strike true, burying deep into the landshark's back. It shudders and falls over limp, still half-burrowed in the ground.

Artorias can flank off of Sora, I just noticed that now.

Combat's over everyone.

Athedia
2014-04-22, 05:58 PM
Badger was breathing heavily her face flushed. The past was receding and she could see the damage around her. The torn up floor, the blood and the arrows sticking out of Alice. Slowly she let herself slide to the floor. She was alive, still alive.

super dark33
2014-04-22, 08:36 PM
Her cape and cloak are magical. Sorry Alice but these are for a higher cause now.

Lewt.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-22, 09:19 PM
There's no gold on Alice, and no gems of value either. But she has quite a few items on her. She's stocked up on mundane items like rope and another shovel, but there are a few magical items on her well.

Alice has several healing potions on her, enough for evey injured person to have one each. There are two wands hidden in her coat as well. Finally, her cloak and gloves are both magical.

one clw potion for everyone injured.
Wand of light (5 charges)
Wand of restoration. Not lesser restoration, restoration. The one that fixes energy drain and level loss. (18 charges)
+1 cloak of resistance
Gloves of eldritch admixture (3 charges a day, you can add extra fire/electric/acid damage to your eldritch blast. 1 charge gives +2d6 damage, 2 charges give +3d6 damage, and burning all 3 charges at once gives +4d6 damage. Alice has used all her charges for the day)

No gold or gems, sorry.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-22, 10:31 PM
"errrr stop" Artorias commands the Shield Guardian, he doesn't really know what to do with it, but right now he has some more pressing concerns, staying alive being the most important right now.

"I'll take that potion, thank you" he quickly chugs it down, letting a content sigh as the magic starts mending his wounds.
Healing [roll0]

super dark33
2014-04-23, 07:38 AM
Surdrak cant hide his excitment

Artæ its amazing! A large golemlike of our own! You think we can bring it to Runite

He looked at the Guardian's "Face".

Huh looks like my beer mate a bit...

Sutton Hoo! Sutton Hoo!

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-23, 10:02 AM
Jadeite goes over to the body of Alice and bows his head. He then takes his dagger and plunges it into her heart. If she wasn't dead before, she is now.

The shield guardian stills, and as the room goes quiet everyone is able to lick their wounds and look around.

The room was clearly once a main chamber of some sort, perhaps a meeting room, center of religious ceremony, or both. But there's not much now, only stone seats and carvings on the walls. The shield guardian looks badly battered but is slowly piecing itself together, cracked stone welding together under the cape of moss and ivy. It's spent a lot of time outside, possibly centuries.

"Should we bring it back?" Jadeite muses. "People might wonder where we found it, and go searching for San De Sol themselves. Besides..." He looks back at Alice's corpse. "She said something about dogs, and Artorias, you said this place smells of dog as well. Perhaps somebody could still live here?" But if they have, they aren't exactly ones for interior decorating.

Jadeite falls silent as he looks around the room again. There's another path, another doorway directly across from the one they entered; it's where the shield guardian came in. And right below the bodies of Alice and the second bulette, closer to the end of the cliff, there's a wall and what may be a doorway in the middle. But it's blocked by rubble that practically reaches the ceiling; there's no way to cross it and enter the next room.

There's some brown-tan fur on the stone seats, and some pawprints in the dust.

super dark33
2014-04-23, 10:13 AM
We are two wizards and an unspecified caster, we can say we built it.

Our new enemiesOr my future servents have mentioned dogs and wanted me to kill them. I doubt its in our interest now.

I wonder if theres a kitchen around here...

Surdrak wandered around in circles, moving his hurting left arm.
When he passes near the corpse of the Bulette, he takes out his crowbar and tries to cut a piece of the meat.

[roll0]

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-23, 01:52 PM
Elsee looks up at the shield guardian in awe as she downs the healing potion she had been given, slowly getting closer to the colossal automaton and lightly poking it with a single finger. she stood still for a moment to ensure it wasn't going to react negatively, after which she proceeded to climb up the various vines and moss growing around it's body, an easy task given all the overgrowth. Elsee pulled herself into a sitting position on the guardian's shoulder, grinning as she looked down at the taller members of the party. "Eye say we keep the big guy! Just THINK of all the "Law" and "order" we kin uphold with et!" Elsee scrunched her face as she turned to look at the guardian's face, a hand reaching over to try and scrape off a patch of moss that had grown over what she had assumed was it's right eye. "OOORRrrr we could always give 'im to the swamps. Pose 'im as a statue 'nd maybe decorate 'im up a bit as a Plavaan 'nd leave 'im in a public place to keep things pretty. order'im to stay like that forever 'nd only come out if people start killing other people around 'im, at which point he could intervene yaknow?"

Kheel clumsily flew his way up to the guardian's opposite shoulder, a potion in his mouth wich he also downed, sitting in a way that kept pressure off of his damaged leg.

Elsee potion:
Kheel potion: [roll]d8+1
Roll retry: d8+1

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-23, 02:05 PM
Kheel doesn't drink the potion so much as swallow it, bottle and all.

im doing Kheel's rolls from now on. I have to keep my word too.

[roll0]

super dark33
2014-04-23, 02:10 PM
Surdrak was frustrated his potion didnt have a label but only city manufactured ones do, and theyre rare.

He downed it like a shot of Vodka.

We missed you Draconi!

[roll0]

Theres fur on the seats, tan coloured.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-23, 03:45 PM
"I don't know if we should keep this thing" Artorias walks around the Shield Guardian examining it. "Badger, do you remember how the old bear guy reacted when we asked if we could take a look? Imagine if he saw us walking with an actual relic from San de Sol" he shakes his head as if to dispel the mental image.

"The whole ruins smells like dog, assuming she" he points to the cooling body didn't kill all of them it is quite probable there are some kind of dogs living here"

super dark33
2014-04-23, 04:03 PM
His name is Ced.

Surdrak frowns at the idea of giving the Guardian to Ced. , he already named the thing.
He whispers silently.
Aw, Sutton Hoo...

He raised his head and looked for Sora. Are you ready there with the healing?

Athedia
2014-04-23, 04:06 PM
"Well we could give it to him. I would not be comfortable leaving it here, another Alice could come along."

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-23, 04:11 PM
"I think that would be the best idea" Artorias gives the guardian another look "though I'd be lying if I say I don't want to keep it"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-23, 04:16 PM
Surdrak's potion is significantly more effective than Kheel's.

"We should probably ask whomever is left and cares for the dogs for permission first though. Assuming Alice hasn't killed them." Jadeite grimaces. "Until then, he can assist us."

The elf looks over. "Ced was the man who took away the bandits, right? He was no warlock. San De Sol does not feel like a place for warlocks either. I wonder why she was here."

What does the party wish to do now?

super dark33
2014-04-23, 04:43 PM
Ced's a druid, and he said no Warlocks lived here.
Also the fact he is a druid makes me doubt he will accept this automaton.

Surdrak turns to Jadeite

Spirits called her like they called me. While i was bugged in my sleep she was scammed on promises of godhood, i cant keep a straight face at this one.

This whole story arc basically revolves around Surdrak getting spam mail.

Silverraptor
2014-04-23, 04:44 PM
Sora is waving the wand around a couple times and downing her own potion of Cure Light Wounds.

[roll0]

She looks at the little bottle and at the different noticeable healing effects of the different party members.
"Hey, do these potions, like, go bad at all? Or were they prepared different? They seem to heal us differently each."

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-23, 04:48 PM
"Ah, but it is an automaton with a moss job," Jadeite jests, extending a hand towards the shield guardian before he returns to his serious expression.

"Surdrak, what exactly have the voices been telling you to do? Have they forced you to do anything?"

super dark33
2014-04-23, 04:56 PM
Soræ i have no idea.

Jædæ, "Force" is a generous word. They say they promised me godhood if i come and help them, which they didnt. They probably promised the same to other Warlocks, who i hope will be much more cooperative than Alice was if thry are here already. Emahs a hcus

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-23, 05:20 PM
"Wait... you mean that there are more Warlocks here?"

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-23, 05:26 PM
Elsee interrupted her attempts at making a length of moss stick to the automaton’s face like a large moustache to once more call down to the others. "Ced has a frikkin BEAR helpin him! Knowin him he can probably turn into one himself! The place seems peaceful enough, nowere near as big as Runite. The heck kinda use would they have for a giant moving statue!?"

super dark33
2014-04-23, 05:28 PM
There might be.

Surdrak sighs and runs his hand in his hair. Looking at his fellow Fangs with worry.

This stuff is a LOT more complicated than you think, so id rather keep much of the alleged warlocks alive as possible, ok? From what it seems like we will stay in these ruins for some time and id rather not put any of you into situations you dont know how to deal with.

He then turns his look into the hulking guardian.

This moss isnt dignifieing to such a marvelous construct. Artæ, please tell it to not kill me while i scrape it off?

Sending a hand to take out his crewbar, Surdrak remembred its already in his hand.
For someone with 6 ranks in concentration, he isnt very focused in what he is doing.

Athedia
2014-04-23, 05:43 PM
Badger held up a hand to stop Surdrak. "It suits it, let it be."

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-23, 05:54 PM
"I agree," Jadeite says. "And Elsee, I can easily think of several uses for a shield guardian."

He sighs at Surdrak's remark. "Complicated doesnt even begin to describe it. But Surdrak, you have been doing a remarkably good job at fighting off the voices. I only hope you conte he to fight so valiantly--for your sake as well as ours." with those ominous words hanging in the air jadeite goes over to Artorias and leads him to the corner of the room as everyone discusses their next move.

"Artorias, a word if you please?"

private chat jadeite doesn't want to share, f you want?

And where next, heroes?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-23, 05:58 PM
"I agree," Jadeite says. "And Elsee, I can easily think of several uses for a shield guardian."

He sighs at Surdrak's remark. "Complicated doesnt even begin to describe it. But Surdrak, you have been doing a remarkably good job at fighting off the voices. I only hope you conte he to fight so valiantly--for your sake as well as ours." with those ominous words hanging in the air jadeite goes over to Artorias and leads him to the corner of the room as everyone discusses their next move.

"Artorias, a word if you please?"

private chat jadeite doesn't want to share, f you want?

And where next, heroes?

"Eh?.... Sure" Artorias follows Jadeite

"So, what's up?"
Do you want to do this via spoilers or PM's?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-24, 12:35 PM
Jadeite and Artorias spend several minutes in quiet conversation as everyone else discusses what to do next. Eventually, they return and Jadeite claps his hands together. "So, where have we decided to go?"

On another note, after the initial burst of rage, the voices in Surdrak's head seem to have quieted down. They haven't left, they're still simmering, but they're not saying anything at the moment.

super dark33
2014-04-24, 02:15 PM
Sure
Sudrak immidietly switched to Draconic
Dont think you know everything about me or warlocks in general Elf. Your books only tell of the kind it deems justified to torture and murder. They never tell you about the good ones.Seno elbirroh yllaer eht ro...

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 04:21 PM
Artorias carefully examines the door in front of them "Let's move people, if there are more warlocks, present company excluded, here we don't want to stay too long here and we don't know if there are more of those landshark roaming" He proceeds to search the door for traps

Search [roll0]
Disable device (if traps are found) [roll1]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-24, 05:36 PM
"We never torture," Jadeite says, stiff and standing as tall as he can. "And Surdrak, I know enough. I hope you can surprise me."

Artorias goes to inspect the door on the other side of the room for traps, but there are none. And if there were, they've been smashed by the shield guardian standing the middle of the rubble.

The next room is empty and open to the air, as some of the walls have partially worn away. It's quiet peaceful here--just a few feet away from the battle it's as if serenity has returned to San De Sol. The remaining walls are the same rose-tan color, and the room itself appears to be built on a ledge. Looking out and down of a hole in the wall, you can see the remains of retaining walls holding the structure in place.

And then the quiet calm of wind rustling through the cavern and trees is interrupted by a long hoarse call. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmlCivy2oc) Looking up, the party can see a bird standing on the corner of the wall below them (the southeast wall of the room on the map). The bird, a decently-sized one with yellow feet and black talons, a black body with brown feathers on the top of its legs, black and brown wings, and an all black-tail except for a white stripe, stares at the Wyvern's Fangs and lets loose another cry.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ytu_bKtRGww/UVr5DBY-2uI/AAAAAAAABEg/QzMfLBd-Pvo/s1600/Harris+Hawk,+Arizona.jpg

DC 12 Knowledge (Nature) check to identify it as a hawk.
DC 19 Knowledge (Nature) check to identify it as a Harris Hawk, a desert hawk that, unlike other raptors, hunts in packs.

Jadeite's Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

Also, the shield guardian is standing where you left it.

Jadeite blinks when he sees the bird. "This is not a desert. What is a Harris hawk doing here?"

super dark33
2014-04-24, 05:47 PM
[D]Yes yes you can say that to[D]Ooh nice a birdy, but not magnificent like the Osprey. Probably a ranger or another enviro-mental is here.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 06:46 PM
Artorias purposely ignores Surdrak's comment "I don't know"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-24, 08:17 PM
Jadeite stares at the bird. "Perhaps. Harris hawks are desert birds, if I recall correctly, and they are the only hawk I know of that hunts in packs."

The Harris hawk stares at the party again, lets out a raspy cry, then flies over to a building close to the one the party originally entered (southwest on the map; I'll mark it in a moment). He circles close to the building, skimming the ash-charred ceiling of the cavern, and lets out another raspy call.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 08:25 PM
"I think she wants us to follow her"

Silverraptor
2014-04-24, 09:56 PM
Sora raises a suspicious eyebrow at Artorias.
"How do you know its a 'she'?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 09:57 PM
"I.... I'm not sure, I just do"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-24, 10:06 PM
"Should we follow her?" jadeite asks, looking curiously at Artorias at the sound of his last statement.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-24, 10:21 PM
"I think we should" Artorias turns to the others "Or do you want to go somewhere else?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-25, 10:01 AM
Jadeite shakes his head, and it appears as if the others don't protest either. They follow the hawk, who is circling above the building closest to the tower they originally entered. It's one of the more intact structures here, with an actual roof. And all the windows have been covered up.

jadeite spot: [roll0]
Jadeite listen: [roll1]
Kheel spot: [roll2]
Kheel listen: [roll3]

Silverraptor
2014-04-25, 10:04 AM
Sora follows, still looking suspiciously at Artorias.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Athedia
2014-04-25, 11:20 AM
Listen: [roll1]

Badger kept an eye out, unsure why a hawk being here was big news. Hawks lived in woods right?

Urban Ranger so it is fun to poke at her lack of knowledge of wildlife.

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-25, 11:25 AM

Listen:[roll1]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-25, 11:36 AM
Kheel stirs as they pass by the eastmost wall of the sealed building, and Jadeite's ears prick as well. "I heard something inside. It sounded almost like a whimper or a whine. Should we investigate?"

Marching order please? Or should I assume it's the default

super dark33
2014-04-25, 01:28 PM
The aformentioned dogs.

KSSJEBA

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-25, 07:07 PM
The party cautiously enters he building from the far side. Like the other buildings from earlier, there are several rooms inside. There's a door between the first room and the second, and even as the party enters they can see that this door is tightly barred shut.

map updated in a few minutes. And the smell of dog is strong enough for anyone to detect.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-27, 11:16 AM
Artorias carefully searches the door and finds a trap. With a hushed word of warning he points up to show a crumbling pillar barely held in place. If the door is opened wrong it'll crumble and fall on top of whomever opened the door, potentially hurting them badly.

"How should we open this?" Artorias asks.

Artorias is gone for a good part of the day. How do you all want to get past this trap?

super dark33
2014-04-27, 12:49 PM
If these dogs can open or bar doors they can be reasoned with, We can talk to them.

Surdrak takes a step back under the archway.

YOU talk to them. i doubt these dogs will like me after all the things Alice and the Voicholes said. Good luck!

And with that Surdrak started to retreat to the place where the Hawk landed.
He leaned on the wall.

Yo wussup?

Spoiler titles make stuff easier to convey.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-27, 06:09 PM
"We first need to get through this door," Jadeite says. "I suppose we could try prematurely triggering the trap from a distance. Does anyone have a pole?"

Sure you still want to do it?

super dark33
2014-04-27, 06:16 PM
Yeah, we are not real in a fight yet.

What are you even doing here anyway?

Surdrak wasnt sure who was he adressing. He looked at the bird and attempted to mimic her voice when she made any.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-27, 06:25 PM
The hawk looks down at Surdrak, pauses mid-flight, then races past Surdrak the way he came.

What are you all doing right now?

I'll update in a bit after I finish this homework assignment.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 08:58 AM
"We first need to get through this door," Jadeite says. "I suppose we could try prematurely triggering the trap from a distance. Does anyone have a pole?"

Sure you still want to do it?

Artorias suddenly smiles.

"Who needs a pole, when you have this?" Artorias takes a small figure from the pouch hanging on his belt, tosses it on the ground in front of them and in a puff of smokes a mule appears in front of them.

Artorias uses 1 charge of his survival pouch to "summon" a mule. :smallbiggrin:
By the way, do we see the hinges of the door?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 09:09 AM
As Surdrak sneaks around the back, Artorias summons a mule which walks towards the door. It brushes against it, setting off the near-invisible tripwire. A creaking sound causes he mule to look up, and it barely has time to let out a bray of panic before the stones come crashing down on it and it winks out.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 09:11 AM
I didn't want to sacrifice the mule that way; If the door opened towards us I wanted to tie a rope to the doorknob/handle/whatever and have the mule pull it. :smalleek:

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 09:14 AM
I didn't want to sacrifice the mule that way; If the door opened towards us I wanted to tie a rope to the doorknob/handle/whatever and have the mule pull it. :smalleek:

you didn't say anything so I assumed that's what you wanted to do.

It would have triggered the trap either way though /0 the outcome is the same. The door is safe to open. And don't worry; the mule is ok. He's summoned, not called.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 09:16 AM
"Door is open" Despite knowing what would happen Artorias is still somewhat shocked.

I was hoping for someone to react to the mule before explaining why he summoned a mule, oh well it doesn't matter.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 09:30 AM
"Resourceful," Jadeite says after a moment's pause. "Shall we investigate?"

If you're going in, could I please have a party order? Or is it the same as before? Remember, Surdrak's outside.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 09:33 AM
"Thank you, let's go" Artorias places his hand on the hilt of this sword, just in case before heading in.]

Artorias will take lead as usual also perception rolls.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Scent check [roll2]

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-28, 12:18 PM
Elsee rolled her eyes and twirled a kurkri in her fingers as she followed Arotris inside the room. "You ever say anything that doesn't come out as a question elf?" she ildly asked as she passed him.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 03:04 PM
Everyone but Surdrak:

The party cautiously enters the next room. It's mostly empty, except for what seems to be a bag in the corner, and a door at the end. The walls on the side are crumbling in places, but are sealed off from the outside by narrow corridors between the patchwork walls and the intact outer walls.

It's silent at first, completely quiet. And then, the party hears deep rumbling growls, snarls, and barks. Instantly, out of nowhere, three brown-tan dogs with short tails, long ears, and strange spiral markings appear out of nowhere and fall upon the group with snarls. One dog bites into Badger, and as he does his teeth crackle with electricity and shock her. A second dog flanks with the first and attacks Artorias with a deep, precisely placed bite. The third, larger and with an almost blue-tint to his fur, has a sheathe strapped to his leg and a sword in his mouth. More short blades orbit around his head. His fur rises as he pops into existence above Elsee and slashes down.

Dog 1 attacks Badger:
Damage: [roll1]

Dog 2 attacks Artorias:
Attack: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] plus sneak attack: [roll5]

Damage: [roll8] plus sneak attack: [roll9]

Dog 3 attacks Elsee:

Attack: [roll10]
Crit: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]

Attack: [roll13]
Crit: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

Surdrak:

As Surdrak listens in, he suddenly hears a burst of noise--snarls and slashes and screams--as the room inside erupts into chaos. He stays there for a moment, and then suddenly finds himself surrounded by a flurry of snarling golden-brown fur and fangs that bite down deep into him.

Dog 4 attacks Surdrak:
Attack: [roll16]
Crit: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18]

Attack: [roll19]
Crit: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

Dog 5 attacks Surdrak:
Attack: [roll22]
Crit: [roll23]
Damage: [roll24] plus sneak attack: [roll25]

Attack: [roll26]
Crit: [roll27]
Damage: [roll28] plus sneak attack: [roll29]

I'll roll initiative later when I can. This was a surprise round so you're all flatfooted without Uncanny Dodge.

And yes, they're Blink Dogs.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 06:31 PM
The blink dog that attacks Badger sinks his crackling fangs into her armor, but can't quite penetrate. He leaves bruises, but doesn't break skin. Artorias and Elsee are less fortunate, and as Artorias receives a nasty bite wound Elsee is slashed along her arm by the dog's sword.

Two Harris Hawks fly overhead from the gaps in the walls. And there's the sound of something else inside as well...

But Surdrak is in big trouble. The dogs attack him in a snarling, frothing frenzy. They waste no time leaping on him and biting again and again.

Artorias: [roll0]
Badger: [roll1]
Elsee: [roll2]
Surdrak: [roll3]
Kheel: [roll4]
Jadeite: [roll5]
Sora: [roll6]

Blink Dog Rogues: [roll7]
Blink Dog Mages: [roll8]
Blink Dog with sword: [roll9]
???: [roll10]

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 08:18 PM
Everything finally clicks in Artorias minds, the smell, the tuffs of fur, Alice insane ramblings, everything made sense now- "Wait, we are not enemies" Artorias lets his greatsword fall to the floor.

Silverraptor
2014-04-28, 08:23 PM
Everything finally clicks in Artorias minds, the smell, the tuffs of fur, Alice insane ramblings, everything made sense now- "Wait, we are not enemies" Artorias lets his greatsword fall to the floor.

Sora stares at Artorias in panic confusion.
"We're not?!?!"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 08:25 PM
"We are not" Artorias repeats.

Athedia
2014-04-28, 08:40 PM
Badger shook the jaws off her arm. Luckily she was used to Naga and the other dogs during play and typically wore thicker armor on her arms.

"Seriously? THESE ARE DOGS ART! Dogs that are trying to eat us alive." She glanced over at Surdrak and amended her statement. "And succeeding!"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 08:43 PM
"These are the inhabitants of San De Sol--not men, but blink dogs. Badger, they're intelligent! Kheel, don't attack except in self-defense!" he shouts at the snarling wyvern, who reluctantly stands down but guards Elsee nonetheless.

The blink dogs pause in confusion as Artorias drops his sword. They stop attacking for the moment but remain guarded and ready to attack at a moment's notice. The sudden quiet allows them to hear--but not see--the sounds of snarls, screams, and tearing flesh outside as another blink attacks Surdrak.

Surdrak:

The more wiry blink dog bites more, then blinks out, teleporting somewhere else.

Blink dog rogue attacks Surdrak

Damage: [roll2] plus sneak attack: [roll3]

Damage: [roll6] plus sneak attack: [roll7]

Jadeite, the blink dog with the sword, and ??? are up next but I need to read something. I'll post in about an hour?

The first bite tears into Surdrak, but he's able to block the second.

EDIT:

You can hear Surdrak, but you can't see him.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-28, 08:44 PM
"When have you seen a dog with a sword? I think these are the dogs Alicia rambled about"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-28, 10:47 PM
At the mention of Alice's names the dogs' hackles raise and they growl deeply. Jadeite holds up his hands and says, "Artorias is right! We killed Alice and she attacked our group as well. Surdrak is also an ally, and has not been consumed by the voices. We mean you no harm; please end your attack!"

The dogs pause and look at each other, silent and still except for a twitching ear. It's at the moment that the Harris hawk from outside flies in and shouts to the other two hawks, whose masters look up at them with a whine. They turn to the leader, who is still holding the sword in his mouth, and bark rapidly. After a moment's pause, the head dog lets out a loud bark and retreats towards the door in the back, still staring at the group as he sheathes his sword. The other dogs follow him, forming a protective circle around the far door. Two more dogs appear from below; they're the dogs that attacked Surdrak--their muzzles are stained red. They stare at the party, wary, and appear to be fiercely protective of that door. And whatever's behind it.

Surdrak may not know what's going on without looking, but the dogs that attacked him have vanished.

I rolled one in secret--you got an 18, dusk. It's enough to make them guarded for now.

Silver, a diplomacy check from Sora might be a good idea. If I can't do more tonight I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Silverraptor
2014-04-28, 11:19 PM
Sora raises her hands, trying to make a more gentle and less panicked voice.
"Uh...its going to be alright. Were not here to hurt anybody"

[roll0]

What's with all these low rolls on her maxed out skills?

Athedia
2014-04-29, 12:10 AM
"Are you fracking kidding me?" Badger threw her hands up in exasperation, they were just letting these things attack them and then claiming it was their own fault. Maybe Artorias's new magic had already scrambled his brains. She kept her bow clenched in her hand and kicked at the ground before straightening up and glaring at the dogs.

"If you idiots were attacking us because of that damned witch earlier you are bloody cowards. Scavengers actually. What was the big bad INSANE lady to scary? Did you have to pick on a bunch of injured people instead?"

Diplomacy? What is diplomacy? Badger wanted to know.

Silverraptor
2014-04-29, 01:35 AM
Sora tries any kind of method to hush Badger up, whispering to her pleadingly.
"Can you please not aggravate the dogs that nearly swallowed Suradrak whole in a couple bites!"

super dark33
2014-04-29, 02:29 AM
Surdrak falls to the ground and tries to relize what happened.

He got up and started walking laming back inside.

tahw.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-29, 08:16 AM
The blink dogs snarl at Badger and prepare to attack, when suddenly a very human-like--and loud--voice pierces the air.

"AAHHHH!!! GET AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS!!!"

A large dog, possibly more wolf than dog, comes galloping out from behind the lower wall. On its back a screaming halfling grabs his bow and quickly fires two arrows in succession at Badger.

Halfling attacks Badger:

Seconds after the arrows leave his bow, he and his dog stop short, and he looks at the party and the blink dogs in confusion.

"Wait...are we not...I thought we were...WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-29, 01:56 PM
Artorias keeps his hand up in a calming gesture, but turns his head to address Badger "Badger.... please trust me on this one" he speaks to the halfling. "That is exactly what I would like to know, my name is Artorias Kaathe, we don't want to fight... well most of us don't"

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-29, 02:49 PM
Elsee throws her arms into the air in frustraition as the suddenly appearing halfling attacks Badger. "Thats it! Artorias can we PLEASE get the sheild guardian in here!? The best weapon i've got agains frikkin dogs is a Tick 'nd something that can stand infront of us and stop them from attacking us would be really nice right now!"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-29, 03:21 PM
"How do I know that?" the halfling asks. He's drawn a couple more arrows but hasn't mocked them yet. "Sif said you smell like that warlock and--"

The blink dog with the sword interrupts with a short series of barks. The halfling blinks. "Youre telling me you killed that witch?!"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-29, 03:29 PM
"Well, she did" Artorias points to Badger with his thumb "I just helped a little"

Athedia
2014-04-29, 04:16 PM
Badger was growling under her breath, her fists slowly clenching. "And I still feel fine Shorty. So want to apologize for those arrows?"

super dark33
2014-04-29, 04:28 PM
Surdrak reaches the entrence and says in quavering voice before he looks around:
Hey guys i found some bite wounds an decided to wear them

At this point he sees the dogs and steps back outside, his face filled with pure terror.

He steps back to hide behind the wall and assums a fetal position.

Athedia
2014-04-29, 04:36 PM
Badger glared at the dogs before stalking over to Surdrak. She reached into her pack and pulled out her bandages. "Surely you don't mind us cleaning up after you. I mean you already have." She tightened the wrap around Surdrak's arm angrily as she spoke.

Heal: [roll0]

super dark33
2014-04-29, 04:47 PM
I still have my manners. Ill continue discussing this later.

Badger's words took away the fear with anger, after calming down he wont be utterly terrified, only slightly.

Its good to have me around, somthing to blame when stuff go wrong.

Mysterious roll [roll0]

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-29, 04:58 PM
The halfling pauses and holds a short whispered conversation with Sif. It's strange seeing a dog whisper barks, and then nod. But the halfling eventually turns back and says, "Alice just came in here and started slaughtering us, including her old master," he points up at the Harris hawk that lead the group here. "She says you killed her, but didn't see all of it. Do you have proof?"

Draconi Redfir
2014-04-29, 05:12 PM
"Aformentioned sheild guardian could be one. why we didn't bring it here though still eludes me."

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-29, 08:45 PM
Badger and Surdrak:

Surdrak's bite wounds are deep, but don't look like enough to kill if they're treated properly.

Everyone else:

The halfling and the blink dogs blink. He then says, cautiously, "Do you have the medallion she stole?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-29, 08:47 PM
"You mean this thing?" Artorias produced the amulet from within his cloak; he let's it dangle from his hand.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-04-29, 10:09 PM
"You mean this thing?" Artorias produced the amulet from within his cloak; he let's it dangle from his hand.

The dogs and halfling still. Sif slowly approaches, sniffing the amulet intently. He looks up at Artorias, closes his eyes, and suddenly vanishes. The other dogs and the halfling start forward with shouts and barks, then wait nervously for their leader to return.

After a couple fitful moments he returns, raises his head to the sky, and lets loose a joyful howling cry that needs no translation. The dogs and halfling join on with jubilant shouts, barks, and howls. Some approach the party with wagging tails and happy licks, and a couple others vanish and appear seconds later with mouthfuls of potions--enough to cure the entire party.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-01, 07:54 AM
"Hey," Jadeite shouts to Badger and Surdrak. "The dogs have stopped attacking; it was all a misunderstanding. They brought us healing potions; you can come in now."

Once everyone's assembled, the halfling and Sif stand between the party and the other dogs and speak. "Sorry about that," the halfling says. "We heard you guys coming and you smelled a bit like Alice, so we thought you were coming in to kill us all too."

super dark33
2014-05-01, 07:56 AM
Id rather stay out here thankes. Surdrak says as he peeps inside.

Yeah i really doubt Alice with or without the sharks could kill even one of these dogs.

Athedia
2014-05-01, 09:51 AM
"Stupid idiots and stupid excuses. You smell like you desperately need a bath, but I don't shoot you on sight." Badger came into the room, cleaning her hands off from Surdrak's blood. "Or do you really think we should be so quick as to brush attempted murder off? Last few people who tried that are burning by the river right now."

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-01, 10:00 AM
Sif approaches badger with a deep growl and the halfling runs between them. "Listen, lady!" he shouts, pointing up at her. "Do you know what our day's been like?! That warlock just marched up here with all her buddies, stole that amulet, and started blasting us in our sleep! We only got away because our alpha sacrificed himself as a distraction and five of us STILL died! And two of them were just puppies! We've hunkered down here since!"

Athedia
2014-05-01, 11:09 AM
"Maybe you should have had a watch and fought instead of run." Badger gestured to her bow and glared down at the halfling. "I killed her. While my friends almost died around me. I still killed her. You let those pups die in vain since you were to afraid to fight back. Even the weak can prevail, but cowards? Cowards always die." Badger looked disgusted at the halflings excuses. These things had been afraid to attack a mad old woman, but were "brave" enough to attack the wounded party and then blame it on Surdrak's smell.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-01, 11:31 AM
"Too afraid to fight? Let then die?!"The halfling is sputtering in rage, and so are all the dogs. Sif is snarling and staring Badger down.

The halfling is partially translating for the blink dogs and partially speaking for himself. But the content is much the same either way. "We tried to fight, but she cut through our spells like they weren't there! And when we did hurt her she just went after the pups! You think it's cowardly to retreat and live and plan for another fight?! If we stayed longer she would have killed us all, killed the rest of the pups!"

As the halfling shouts, one of the blink dogs flings open the door in the back, and yips and whines fill the air. Blink dog puppies, their ears still floppy, no older than a couple of months and nearly helpless, tumble over each other and blink in and out of place. It's hard to tell because of their uncontrolled attempts at teleportation, but it looks like there's eight of them.

"It wasn't just the warlock," the halfling says in a low cold voice, clearly translating for Sif now. "She brought allies. We don't know where they are now. We didn't know if you were more. But if we had stayed, they would have killed al of us. Even the puppies. We could not fight them off at that moment and protect the puppies at the same time. We had to choose."

super dark33
2014-05-01, 11:53 AM
Badger SHUT UP. And you say that IM the one that "ruins everything".

Surdrak gets up and exposes himself a bit more , though he is still behind the wall.

He bellows THANKS FOR KNOWING MERCY AND EXPLAINING US WHAT HAPPENED HERE WE REALLY APPRICIATE IT. WE ARE SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS WE WILL DO WHAT WE CAN TO MAKE UP FOR IT.

Draconi Redfir
2014-05-01, 12:02 PM
Else idly scratched her head both in confusion and as Lil'Miss created a fresh wound in her scalp that was bothering her, her eyes darting from the blink dog, to the pups, to the halfling and the wolf. she didn't say anything as it looked like everyone was in the midst of a conversaition at the moment, though she made a note to ask how the heck a halflling was involved with a bunch of teleporting dogs, she couldn't imagine finding him as a young kid, as that wouldn't really explain the non-blinking wolf very well. And okay... the puppies were sort of cute... though she restrained herself from trying to pet one.

Athedia
2014-05-01, 12:59 PM
"Too afraid to fight? Let then die?!"The halfling is sputtering in rage, and so are all the dogs. Sif is snarling and staring Badger down.

The halfling is partially translating for the blink dogs and partially speaking for himself. But the content is much the same either way. "We tried to fight, but she cut through our spells like they weren't there! And when we did hurt her she just went after the pups! You think it's cowardly to retreat and live and plan for another fight?! If we stayed longer she would have killed us all, killed the rest of the pups!"

As the halfling shouts, one of the blink dogs flings open the door in the back, and yips and whines fill the air. Blink dog puppies, their ears still floppy, no older than a couple of months and nearly helpless, tumble over each other and blink in and out of place. It's hard to tell because of their uncontrolled attempts at teleportation, but it looks like there's eight of them.

"It wasn't just the warlock," the halfling says in a low cold voice, clearly translating for Sif now. "She brought allies. We don't know where they are now. We didn't know if you were more. But if we had stayed, they would have killed al of us. Even the puppies. We could not fight them off at that moment and protect the puppies at the same time. We had to choose."

"Who else was there? We saw two landsharks and the witch. If there are more I will go clear them out now, but what angers me more is you stayed in these ruins, let the pups stay in these ruins. Though I have noticed that running always creates more problems in the long term." She let the anger melt out of her face at Surdraks comments and slide against the wall to the floor. She just looked tired. Naga sat by her whining and licking at her face, trying to comfort his master. Still shaking, though with exhaustion not rage she pulled the dog close.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-01, 05:56 PM
"Leave?" the halfling says, translating the growls and barks of Sif and the other blink dogs, "This is our home! We could never abandon it!"

The dogs then march past Badger to approach Surdrak. Sif lowers his head and the halfling again translates as the younger dogs cautiously approach. "I apologize for attacking you. We believed you to be aligned with the other warlock, and we were wrong. Feel free to join in our company."

Meanwhile, a blink pup teleports across the wall and tumbles close to Elsee.

Has nobody put it together yet?

super dark33
2014-05-01, 06:18 PM
This dog has a sword. Why does this dog have a sword?Wouldnt it need to be designed differently to be held in a dog's mouth instead of a fingered hand?

Surdrak recoils slowly before saying

I didnt have problem getting near swords or clerics of Astrid for the past two years so why would i act fifferently now?

Surdrak walks inside and stands beside his group.

Athedia
2014-05-01, 06:33 PM
Badger looked up from her slumped position. "You didn't answer my question. Did she have more allies with her?" Wearily she scratched at Naga's head. "And if she had found your hiding spot? What good is a home if the inhabitants are ghosts?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-01, 06:38 PM
"We were waiting for her," the halfling translates. Neither of them look at Badger. "There were other allies--shark-like creatures that burrow through land, giant vermin, and winged rocklike monsters. Maybe more."

These are probably the same types of dogs as seen on the carvings all over San De Sol.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-02, 07:03 PM
"Badger please calm down, this is huge... way bigger than I thought at first" Artorias passes his hand over his hair in exasperation"Alice was strong, I don't blame them for trying to cut their looses"Artorias exhales trying to compose himself "Do you have an idea of what they are looking for in here?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-02, 07:57 PM
"Badger please calm down, this is huge... way bigger than I thought at first" Artorias passes his hand over his hair in exasperation"Alice was strong, I don't blame them for trying to cut their looses"Artorias exhales trying to compose himself "Do you have an idea of what they are looking for in here?"

The dogs seem more respectful and tolerant of Artorias, especially with the way the hawk keeps flying near him. They hold a quick conference which eventually ends with a few barks and nods. The halfling turns to Artorias and says, "We don't know. We do have guesses though--she was here to steal something. As for what it was...Why are you here?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-02, 08:26 PM
Artorias scratches the back of his head somewhat embarrassed "We came here to explore ruins we thought were abandoned, we had no idea... people... were still living here"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-02, 08:42 PM
There's a long pause from the halfling and dogs. Eventually, they speak--well, the halfling translates for them.

"There aren't people here anymore. They left long ago. An our tales say they left us."

The dogs stare intently at Artorias and the party. It's clear they are sharing an important secret and have some trepidation voicing it to an outsider.

"We are wardens."

Draconi Redfir
2014-05-03, 02:46 AM
Elsee glared at the pup beneath her with one eye, crossing her arms over her chest and idly trying to kick the thing away as she listened in on the conversation Artorias was having with the halfling...blink dog... whatever. at the mention of wardens she quirked an eyebrow, she had been hoping to bring up the halfling's involvement in all this, but this seemed a little more on topic. "Got somethin neat imprisoned 'round here?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-03, 03:05 PM
The dogs pause and look at each other. There's another short conference and then the halfling says, "We...don't know. Or rather, there are two things, and we're only sure on the nature of one."

They seem somewhat wary, and don't quite want to share everything just yet.

I'm gonna need a diplomacy check, please. The dogs are grateful for helping but Badger's response made them a bit wary again.

Silverraptor
2014-05-04, 02:54 AM
Sora takes an annoyed, disappointed look at Badger before turning back to the dogs.
"We apologize for our colleague's behavior. We mean no disrespect to any of you, nor do we think and negative feelings on to you or your pups. Is there anything that we can help you with?"

[roll0]

I toyed with the idea of coming up with a irony 1 liner for Sora about 'pulling back on her leash and applying a muzzle' due to the present company, but decided against it.:smalltongue: Both because I didn't quite know how the dogs would react to such comments, and didn't want another angry outburst from Badger against Sora.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-04, 10:45 AM
The dogs look at each other at Sora's words, and hold another conference. This one is much longer, and several times the party can hear surprised (but muffled) yelps and yips from some in the pack. But they eventually reach some form of consensus, and turn back to the group. The halfling steps forward and says, in a somewhat hesitant voice, "There are still members of the warlock's pack here. We would drive them out ourselves, but we cannot do that without risking the pups. If you help us...we will teach you a secret of San De Sol that we have guarded. The secret of Astra."

super dark33
2014-05-04, 11:03 AM
Surdrak speaks to everyone, not just the dogs.

If Alice was the strongest of the bunch then with your cooperation i could declare myself their leader. This can end without risking anyone. We will need Alice's head. Also its a good way to find what the spirits want and take it away from them. maybe its the star sword.

But that needs to wait for tommorow.

Athedia
2014-05-04, 11:30 AM
"How long have you been here? I assume a while based on those carvings of you, though I saw no halflings in that. And we are here to get a sword, is this thing Astra?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-04, 06:01 PM
The dogs draw back at Surdrak's suggestion of making himself the leader of the remaining creatures. It's clear that while they're accepting of Surdrak for the moment, they're still wary.

The halfling again responds for the dogs to answer Badger's question. "I joined their pack and decided to live here a few years ago. As for everyone else..." He pauses and then nods, continuing his translation. "The people left long ago because the food ran out, but there was enough for us to hunt. So we stayed, and continued to guard and watch where they could not. Astra is not a sword, but it can be. Astra is a weapon...It's magic, weaponized starlight...you can put it into any blade."

You're at full health and still have a lot of spells and daily abilities left.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-04, 06:53 PM
"Then it is is decided, we hunt down this warlocks" Artorias speaks confidently. "present company excluded of course" he hastily adds.

:biggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2014-05-04, 11:02 PM
Elsee's eyebrow quirked up at the mention of the weaponized starlight being put into any blade, immidiately causing her to draw a Kurkri and twirl it about in her hands. "You mean i could take this little beauty 'nd just put this astrawhatever 'onit 'nd it'lll be cooler?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-05, 10:03 AM
"Perhaps," he says. "Is there anything else you need?"

The hawk lands on Artorias's shoulder, surprisingly gentle with its talons, and lets out another raspy cry. Sif looks at both hawk and human with surprise.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-05, 10:04 AM
"Do you have an idea of where the Warlocks are?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-05, 10:07 AM
"How much of San De sol have you seen?"

The hawk lets out another cry, and the other two fly to her.

Sif barks hastily to the halfling, who translates, "you. Are you an arcanist too?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-05, 10:36 AM
"How much of San De sol have you seen?"
"Not much really, between Assassin vines and crazy warlocks with Landshark pets we haven't been able to explore as well as wanted to, we entered through the westernmost entrance and followed the corridors until we found Alice" Artorias summarizes.

The hawk lets out another cry, and the other two fly to her.

Sif barks hastily to the halfling, who translates, "you. Are you an arcanist too?"
Artorias seems surprised by the question "Sort of.... I don't know how to explain it, but I've been studying arcane magic for a few weeks now and.... well it is weird, but coming here somehow allowed me to finally understand what I was supposed to do" Artorias produces a small flame in his hand*"I never thought I would be able to do stuff like this" he plays with the flame as he speaks.

Just casting prestidigitation to produce the small flame

super dark33
2014-05-05, 12:59 PM
Oh that explains a lot. I knew somthing was different.

Surdrak didnt know somthing was different or had a way to. he sounded weary and slightly down.

Silverraptor
2014-05-05, 01:00 PM
"Wait what?!"
Sora starts as Artorias conjures the little flame in his hand.
"You mean you have been becoming a Jadeite on us for a few weeks now without telling any of us?!"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-05, 01:33 PM
Sora's outburst is startles Artorias, but he manages to keep the flame controlled "Becoming a Jadeite...what?" he sputters for a moment before managing to compose himself"As clichéd as it sounds I didn't tell you because you never asked... to be honest I wasn't even sure what I was studying exactly, I mean I knew it was a spellbook, but I couldn't make any sort of sense of it, at least until now"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-05, 01:55 PM
Jadeite claps a hand to his chest. "Oh Sora, how could you say such hurtful and untrue things about such a benevolent man as myself? And to insult Artorias for such a great achievement as well!"

super dark33
2014-05-05, 02:07 PM
Never heared of anyone named "Myself", or the mention of him in the discussion. He sounds like a chill person. But anyway, as far as wizards go the bar has been set incredibly low so dont worry about disappointing us Artae.

Silverraptor
2014-05-05, 02:12 PM
"I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just hurt that Artorias didn't think to trust us enough to tell us about what is a life changing aspect."
She puts on her best fake doggie eyes, looking up at Artorias.
"Is it true that you don't like us enough?"

In case its not obvious, Sora is joking around and milking the situation the best she can.:smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-05, 02:28 PM
"I uh...wait... what?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-05, 04:32 PM
"Surdrak, you know a better wizard? Oh, please do introduce me to them." He grins.

The halfling and dogs look at each other. When there's a break in the conversation, he clears his voice and asks, "Um, anyway, where did you meet Ciaran?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-06, 09:56 AM
"Ciaran?Artorias asks confused before an shrill cry from the hawk makes him understand "She found us after we killed Alice, she is the one who brought us here"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-06, 10:33 AM
The dogs and halfling go silent as they look up at the hawk. The three other hawks, two smaller males and a female about the same size as Ciaran, fly to the lone hawk and hold some sort of conference spoken in tail flicks and rustled feathers as much as raspy cries. Below them, the blink dogs do the same.

When the halfling eventually begins translating again, his voice is much more unsure and deliberate, as if he really isn't understanding what Sif and the other blink dogs are saying but simply parroting it instead. "Ciarian was the familiar of our leader," he says. "When he died, she escaped. Though she is no longer a familiar, she always was, and remembers that. You, do you have a familiar?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-06, 12:46 PM
"A familiar?" Artorias sounds cofused "I do not have one"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-06, 02:39 PM
There's some more whispers (loud whispers, ad dogs aren't known for keeping quiet and blink dogs are no exception) until the halfling translates, in a somewhat awed voice, "Ciarian seems intent on changing that."

Sorry, I'm studying for my physics final right now.

Draconi Redfir
2014-05-06, 03:24 PM
Elsee scratched at a bite lil'miss had left on her head, pointing at invisible dots with her free hand as she thought. "Waaaiit... aren't familliers supposed t obe fragments of your own soul or something? How can one guy get annother guy's famillier as a famillier?"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-06, 10:19 PM
Jadeite looks at Elsee, surprised that she knows that fact about arcane spellcasters and their familiars.

"Not quite," Jadeite says, reluctantly stepping in as the halfling is clearly out of his depth. "The soul is shared, but his old...we, dog is now dead. She is on her own, but remembers being a familiar and recalls that bond. To put it in common parlance, there is a gap, and that gap should be filled."

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-06, 11:35 PM
"Wow.... I'd be honoured"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-07, 09:55 AM
"Then we can begin now," the halfling translates as Sif and the other dogs vanish for several moments, only reappearing with chalk, candles, and multiple strange implements. Jadeite seems to recognize them though, and immediately steps in to assist. As Hemlock climbs up his shoulder to flick his tongue out at the hawk, Jadeite gives a list of short instructions which he clearly expects Artorias and the rest of the Wyvern's Fangs to promptly follow.

"Stand here. Raise your arms like this. Step back and stand in a circle, everyone--yes, just like that. Recite this chant as accurately as you can."

Soon Artorias is standing in the middle of a carefully drawn and marked circle bound by candles, whose light reflects off the stone and the eyes of every being in the ancient room. Though it's a bright sunny day the room seems to dim, even the light filtering through the windows seems to darken and fade until the main source of light present comes from the flickering candlelight. As the ritual chanting, so strange when spoken in three languages at once while following the same rhythm in all of them, continues, even the least magically inclined present can feel something changing and shifting in the air. Surdrak can feel the voices growling in the back of his mind.

And Artorias...

As the chants continue, he can feel himself shifting and expanding, spreading out thin, stretching out until he feels himself, his consciousness brush against something small and feathered and red. A bright shining swift red, a predatory mind, a cooperative and proud mind that looks straight back at him in the body of Ciaran.

The spell continues but Artorias doesn't really hear it anymore, not when he can hear the thoughts and the mindset of Ciaran become more coherent, not when he can feel the link being built. And then the spell finishes, abruptly stops.

It's a sudden sharp shock, not painful but more like ice water down the back of his neck and it's enough to make Artorias reflexively jerk his head up and gasp. And then it's finished. He doesn't feel much different at first, but then he looks. There's a path in his mind, an extra space that moves somewhere else where there wasn't one before. And as Artorias moves into this new space in his mind, he can feel things that are entirely new. He feels like there should be feathers down his arms and stretching over his fingers, like his vision should be several times more keen than it is. He can feel not-feathers rustling as the dogs exhale on them, can feel the currents in the air.

And he looks back at Ciaran and knows that the hawk feels the same things when she looks into the new space in her mind as well.

you can post now.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-07, 10:53 AM
Artorias stares at Ciaran; for how long? He isn't really sure, it could have been a second, a minute, an hour it doesn't matter. He offers his right arm to Ciaran, welcoming her into his mind, into his soul.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-07, 04:29 PM
Ciaran hops onto Artorias's arm, holding on with a loose grip and only hooking in her talons in clothing, not his skin. She hope onto his shoulder and stretches out her wings as if she's always belonged there.

"...She suits you," the halfling says. "And you suit her as well."

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-07, 10:04 PM
Artorias smiles fondly "I know" despite the feeling of content this new presence in his mind reminds Artorias that someone had hurt his pack, and they should be punished for that. "You are right, we have some unfinished business" he turns towards the halfing and the remaining blink dogs "Do you have anything that could help us track the warlocks?" he asks with a predatory grin.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-08, 12:51 AM
The dogs and halfling pause, look at each other, and then return equally predatory grins in kind.

"You mean something containing their scent?"

I might be able to do one post in the morning, but then I'll be drunk as a skunk and out of commission until the afternoon.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-09, 10:30 AM
"Excatly, a scrap of cloth or anything really" Artorias nods.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-09, 12:04 PM
The dogs nod, and one of the more wiry dogs vanishes, returning with a leathery strip of...something that's rough even as it smells vaguely of dried blood.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-09, 12:09 PM
"I need to learn to do that" Artorias deadpans before taking the... something, he closes his eyes focusing for a moment before sniffing the strip.

Enter Hunter's Sense stance
Take 20 in wisdom check for scent :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-09, 07:16 PM
The smell is faint inside this still room, and the only molecules of this dusty dry iron-and-stone smell present came in as the Wyvern's Fangs entered. Artorias has to step outside to get a good whiff, looking up at the still-shining rays of light as he breaths in deep. There isn't much of the smell on this side, but it gets stronger the further on the other side he goes. They're somewhere on the other side of San De Sol, the side they haven't yet explored.

Meanwhile, back inside one of the puppies pops out of the room she was in and appears not too far from Badger and Naga. The blink puppy looks up at Naga and whines, curious. One of the sorcerer blink dogs notices and stands closer, protective but not yet aggressive.

The puppy takes the time to look at everyone else as well.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-10, 04:53 PM
"Aww isn't that cute" Artorias says as he comes back into the room. "I think I found a lead on them"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-10, 07:35 PM
"Where are they?" Jadeite asks as more puppies appear to play with the group, much to the consternation of their parents. One particularly bold puppy darts forward to lick Surdrak's hand.

super dark33
2014-05-10, 08:04 PM
Surdrak's resolve started to fracture as the adorable pup started to lick.
In an attempt to stay calm, He reached with his hand to pet the pup, his hand going through it two times before managing to pet it proparly.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-10, 08:34 PM
"Across the ruin, probably on the other side" Artorias answers "If we hurry we can maybe catch them by surprise, take them down before they can retaliate"

Athedia
2014-05-10, 09:37 PM
The smell is faint inside this still room, and the only molecules of this dusty dry iron-and-stone smell present came in as the Wyvern's Fangs entered. Artorias has to step outside to get a good whiff, looking up at the still-shining rays of light as he breaths in deep. There isn't much of the smell on this side, but it gets stronger the further on the other side he goes. They're somewhere on the other side of San De Sol, the side they haven't yet explored.

Meanwhile, back inside one of the puppies pops out of the room she was in and appears not too far from Badger and Naga. The blink puppy looks up at Naga and whines, curious. One of the sorcerer blink dogs notices and stands closer, protective but not yet aggressive.

The puppy takes the time to look at everyone else as well.

Badger laid her hand on Naga's muzzle, encouraging the small dog to lie down so the puppy could approach. She sat still waiting for the puppy to approach and held out a hand so the puppy could sniff.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-10, 11:50 PM
The puppy that Surdrak pets whines and lowers his head so the warlock can scratch behind his ears. The voices in his head snarl and spit out vile curses in rage as he pets the puppy. Meanwhile, the other puppy cautiously approaches Naga and Badger, but as she gets closer and sniffs them both her tail starts wagging and she barks in a tiny high-pitched voice. As the other puppies approach, with the bravest daring to get within range of Kheel, even Jadeite eventually reaches out a hand and brushes the back of one of them. Though he tries to seem nonchalant about it. The whole time, Sif and the other adults watch carefully.

The halfling asks Artorias and everyone, "Have you been to the other side of San De Sol yet?"

Athedia
2014-05-11, 08:03 AM
Naga watched the puppy carefully observing it. As the tiny version of the adults drew near he noticed something. One paw on the pups head later he was licking mites out of the pups ear. Badger couldn't help but laugh, she had seen Naga do this to many dogs in the kennel and the stray cats that wandered near the guild.

super dark33
2014-05-11, 08:38 AM
Don't be jealous, when you will submit to me I'll scratch behind your ears too. Tell all who would listen that Glames is here to start a party. BYOD.

The thought of making the spirits angry brought a smile to his face, he brings his second hand to rub the puppy's tummy

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-11, 10:38 AM
The puppy that Surdrak pets whines and lowers his head so the warlock can scratch behind his ears. The voices in his head snarl and spit out vile curses in rage as he pets the puppy. Meanwhile, the other puppy cautiously approaches Naga and Badger, but as she gets closer and sniffs them both her tail starts wagging and she barks in a tiny high-pitched voice. As the other puppies approach, with the bravest daring to get within range of Kheel, even Jadeite eventually reaches out a hand and brushes the back of one of them. Though he tries to seem nonchalant about it. The whole time, Sif and the other adults watch carefully.

The halfling asks Artorias and everyone, "Have you been to the other side of San De Sol yet?"

"Not yet, we were on our way there when Ciaran found us"

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-12, 09:07 AM
US? Submit to YOU?

But the voices say nothing more for the moment, save for rage-induced chuckles.

The puppy Naga licks squirms and tries to get away, while the others stay for more belly rubs, but they all scatter once Sif steps forward and barks.

"You should hurry then," the halfling translates. "I'm sorry we can't help, but when you're finished come back and we'll help you with the secret of Astra."

super dark33
2014-05-12, 09:28 AM
Indeed, as it should be. Dont pretend you forgot already.

Surdrak lets the puppy go and gets up.

Well then lets go.

He really didnt want to go. He tried to convince himself that the others will let him reason with the Warlocks before attacking, but he knew that its likely to not happen.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-14, 11:10 PM
With much reluctance, the Wyvern's Fangs eventually pull themselves away from the blink dogs and their puppies, promising to meet up again with the strange inhabitants of San De Sol once they had routed Alice's minions. Even Surdrak gets a lick from one of the puppies.

There's a light breeze flowing when the party steps outside of the old sandstone building; it scatters dust and carries the scent of aspen and pine into the cliffside. It's peaceful here, serene. Or at least it should be. But the calm has been shattered both by Alice and the knowledge that something was--and still is--guarded here. This anticipation and curiosity, along with their compassion and desire to help, drives the party forward to quickly finish things.

Artorias's nose is able to follow the general location of the scent, which leads him east to another cluster of buildings, but then a gust of wind recoils off the back of the cavern, bringing new smells--and new sights and sounds as well. They're below a triangular building, one with neatly-cut windows and an actual roof. Its walls almost completely intact, it's easily the best-maintained building in San De Sol.

And Ciaran looks inside the window and flies back shuddering. And Artorias and Kheel can hear faint scuttling. And the faint smell of blood and early decay wafts out from inside.

I'll update it after I shower.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-15, 07:13 PM
"Elsee, see if you can enter through the window, I will try to draw their attention to me so you can flank them"Artorias tries to ignore the scent of blood and rot as he makes his way through the rubble towards the door.

Move Action move towards the door
Balance [roll0]
Balance [roll1]
Balance [roll2]
Balance [roll3]

You said several rolls didn't you? :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2014-05-15, 08:13 PM
"What is it? What's in there?"

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-15, 09:37 PM
"If I am right, the Warlocks that attacked the dogs"