PDA

View Full Version : ABF:BtOS - Pascal and Jakri on Emila's Wagon

bunnygirl
2014-04-14, 05:13 PM
<< Pascal - Child of Knowledge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?341113-ABF-BtOS-Child-of-Knowledge)
<< Jakri - Happy Go Lucky Explorer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?341108-ABF-BtOS-Happy-Go-Lucky-Explorer)

The Empire is the heart of the Old Continent, and the Archangel is the heart of the Empire. Grand, heavily populated, and almost overwhelmingly large, the city reflects its importance to the nation as capital and home to the Empress herself. Bustling marketplaces share space with opulent palaces. And people of every description can be found walking the teeming streets. But the most prominent sight in the capital is the city's guardian, an immense angel perched atop a similarly massive marble column.

As Emilia's wagon passes one of the gates, she can't resist staring at the sights. "So, where did you want me to let you off?" She tugs on the reins and brings the horses to a slower pace.

Stringing threads together!

PhoenixRise
2014-04-15, 09:18 AM
Jakri lies down on the hard wood flooring of the wagon. The sun is still berating him, but this is a welcome change to the hard walking ahead of him. He keeps his cloak turned up, making sure that his fellow passenger does not notice his eyes and ears.
Thanks for giving me a ride, wouldn't have kept going much longer in this weather here. Though its great for relaxing, the beating sun doesn't help travelers much. I fear there may be a dry spell coming. M'names Jakri, glad to make your acquaintance. He comments, facing the driver of the wagon. He also fixates his attention to the dog, watching it roll and laze around on the wagon. He pulls out a bit of the meat he had, and offers it to him Here ya go. May as well eat it before it goes off, and with this temperature, it may go off pretty quick. He then proceeds to offer a bit to the passenger with him, and to the driver. So why are you two ladies traveling?

bunnygirl
2014-04-15, 12:39 PM
Jakri will be welcomed into the Emila's wagon. "No problem! The more, the merrier!" Emila eases one hand over her brow, protecting her eyes briefly from the sunlight. "The capital's shopping district. I have stuff that needs to get traded in for some coin." She glances over, "And that's Alfred. I am Emila. And I believe this is... who are you again?" Emila can't recall ever hearing who the girl is.

Alfred goes nomnomnom on the food Jakri has given him.

Techno Magician
2014-04-16, 01:32 PM
"I'm Pascal" lifting her hand into the air for a single wave. "I'm just following some rumors trying to cure my eyesight" pointing to her scarred eyes as she smiles for introduction. Leaning in dramatically Pascal whispers "I heard there are amazing doctors in the world that can sure almost any wound." Then falling back against the back rest she laughs, "though really, travel sure is fun any reason to see the world is a good one... see... right... figuratively anyways."

bunnygirl
2014-04-16, 04:36 PM
"Cure your eye sight?" Emila gasps, "Crackers and clams, I had no idea! What is a poor girl like you doing traveling all by yourself for? How are you able to see the difference between a cliff and a street?!"

Alfred stands up on all of his four paws, whipping his long-haired tail across Pascal's face. "WOOF. WOOF." And then, promptly leaps of the wagon.

"This here is where I need to make my stop!" Emila pulls gently in the leather tethers on her horse, hops off the top of her seat, and joins Alfred on the cobblestone street. It appears that Emila has driven Pascal and Jakri into the middle of a busy marketplace. It's late afternoon in the capital, but the sun hasn't exactly set in the horizon just yet. Time sure flies on the wagon ride!

And because Emila is super nosy as she is super friendly, "You two have any plans where to go afterwards? Anything I can do, I can do it. Need to earn a bit of coin? A place to sleep? A point in the right direction? You two are some of the lightest packed folks I ever laid my eyes on."

PhoenixRise
2014-04-16, 10:38 PM
Jakri smile's wryly at Emila's open, perhaps naive, gesture of kindness. Yes, I was quite ill prepared for this journey it seems. I would have probably taken more then a couple of weeks to arrive here if you did not come along. I am here to find someone, however, that can wait, as it has been a long journey here. I would like to probably rest for a few days, but first, I must repay my debt to you. Tell me, if you need any work to be done, I'm sure you may want some assistance to help set up your store?

Techno Magician
2014-04-17, 02:02 AM
Pascal jumps up with a little hop, Oh pick me, pick me. I'll help too. You know repay the kindness, and time saved - all that jazz."

*Meanwhile* Pascal's airborne homunculus is in search of a wanted board, to look at the current criminals being chased after - hopefully not herself.

"I don't know how much I could help with though... hmmmm" Pascal obviously thinking deeply. When suddenly - almost like a light turning on - she blurts forth "I KNOW!! I could wander around town acting lost right, and then... get this... I just get people to bring me here as a impromptu advertisement." Leaning back with her hands behind her head Pascal's smile was huge, obviously impressed with her own idea "great idea right!?".

bunnygirl
2014-04-17, 03:40 PM
Emila chuckles wholeheartedly at Jakri, "Oh, no! I can set up my shop perfectly fine! I've been doing it all by myself for couple of years now." The woman waves both of her hands dismissively. "But thank you, anyway."

After hearing what Pascal had to say about becoming some kind of impromptu sales sign that gets lost and leads innocent and unsuspecting people Emila's shop, Emila scratches her little chin. It seemed tempting for the first thirty seconds... "Nah, that's all right, Pascal, dear. I wouldn't want to let people get the wrong impression about a nice girl who has trouble with her sight."

As Pascal's eye in the sky zips across the tops of the buildings of Archangel, it will eventually find what Pascal seeks. A wooden-framed notice board in front of a military office. The bird-like homunculus perches atop of it, and glances around all bird-like, before leaning it's tiny head downwards to take a gander at the posters and papers. Among the advertisements for worship of God at the Church, the board will read the offer of large coin for 'dangerous creatures' and 'dangerous criminals'. None of the faces depicted here resemble Pascal's own, thank goodness. The rest are promotions of local businesses in the capital for cleaning, disposal, information, and recruitment for the Holy Empire's ranks. Nothing out of the ordinary, right?

"There's a lady I happen to know, though." Emila mentions as she slides a box off the back of the wagon and sets it on the ground. "Sometimes comes around to buy some of the herbs I grow in my gardens back home. Perhaps you could be interested in paying her a visit? Alfred can show you both the way." She produces a tiny bundle wrapped in brown paper and a brown string, and waits to hear what the two have to say.

"WOOF." Alfred runs around in circles.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-18, 03:32 PM
Jakri hesitates slightly before replying. Was hoping to avoid confronting people, but, I guess there is no choice. Hopefully the girl agrees as well, so she can do the talking. Remembering to keep his head slightly down, his cloak covering his ears, to avoid eye contact, Jakri replies Of course I would love to. Simply point me to her house, and I will go.

Techno Magician
2014-04-18, 04:00 PM
Pascal didn't even need to reach into her waist satchel to know she was completely broke "Well, I can't really say no to a chance at work" she said to herself. Turning to the dog Pascal threw her hand to her head in a salute "Lead the way Alfred" and went to follow the canine.

bunnygirl
2014-04-18, 04:26 PM
Emila hands the brown paper package to Alfred, who will in turn open his canines and bite onto it. Wagging his golden-furred tail, the golden retriever will hop and twist and turn around and start bounding through the busy, people-filled, cobblestone streets of Archangel.

Thanks to Pascal's eye in the sky, it's going to be very easy for her to keep track of their furry little friend. So, while Jakri and Pascal hopefully stay together, Alfred will lead them to a different part of Archangel where restaurants of all kinds line up next to each other with all their patio tables and chairs and umbrellas in front glass windows. Alfred will make a bee-line to a bistro with a sidewalk patio.

There, Alfred greets a blond woman wrapped in a soft, tan-colored, leather cloak lounging in a chair and sipping some kind of drink. She extends her hand to the dog, who drops the package into her hand. She looks up, and finds that the dog has along some curious company...

"May I 'elp you?"

She eyes the young woman and the young man carefully.

Techno Magician
2014-04-18, 09:10 PM
Why yes, I believe you can. We where told you where in need of some assistance." Pascal approached a bit closer "And so here we are" and giving a short bow "Pascal at your service". Pascal proceeded to sit down across from her patron "Now we weren't told what you needed help with exactly but we're good at solving problems, so tell us the problem and we'll fix it right up".

bunnygirl
2014-04-18, 09:36 PM
The mysterious woman leans back in her chair, enjoying the comfort of her patio table and patio umbrella. With her finger and thumb does she raise the package in the air momentarily, examining it with some disappointment the amount of dog slobber that has soaked into it. "Better late t'an never, do you not t'ink so, too?" She produces something from her pocket inside her cloak and Alfred gets fed it. Nomnomnom!

"T'ere might be somet'ing. A problem somevhere t'at could call t'e need for problem solvers, yes." Her hand spills 12 gold coins marked with the Hole Empire Crown onto the table beside her. With deft movements, she arranges the disorderly coins into two stacks made of six gold coins. "Six gold crowns for t'e each of you. All you vould 'ave to so is follow—" She considers her words first. "—an acquaintance of mine nort'vest from 'ere. Once t'ere, please take care of t'e problem that takes place."

"WOOF!" Alfred is a dog that always gets the last word, doesn't he?

Techno Magician
2014-04-18, 11:02 PM
"Woah, that's a lot of gold for a problem., leaning forward finger to her forhead "Methinks this problem might be mighty serious, should we be prepared for a bit of danger? Oh and exactly how far is this place we must travel to?

Quite sure she was excepting the job, now it was just a question of what she would need to prepare for such a quest, and how much she was willing to risk people finding out about her magic. This Jakri was a quiet fellow might want to be a bit worried about him, though he also seemed to have some secrets of his own. So mysterious Pascal thought, maybe she would learn something interesting from him if she probed a bit during the coming travel.

"Oh this is just so exciting" Pascal proclaimed!

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 10:04 AM
"More t'an a day on foot. Less t'an a day on horseback." Then, the woman considers the answer to Pascal's question regarding danger. If it does not alarm Pascal too much at first, the woman will reach up with her hand and very gently trace the scarring that marks the young lady's own face, studying the injury around the eyes, with her fingertips. "From vhat I can tell, you are no stranger to danger, yes?"

PhoenixRise
2014-04-19, 10:27 AM
Jakri approaches the lady, asking I am not used to combat, but I do have experience as a hunter. May I ask, what do you mean by danger? He reminds himself that he must try to find audience with his mentor. Perhaps this would do good, though, I do require some coins...though Pascals questions do hold merit, despite her apparent lack of apprehension. Hopefully we don't find ourselves in some trouble.

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 11:57 AM
She responds to the young man, "I know not vhat the danger is. All I know is t'at two men t'at are almos' alike are about to meet. If direct combat is too close for comfort, t'en going t'ere and t'en reporting back to me could suffice. I 'ave no choice but to trust your judgement..."

Techno Magician
2014-04-19, 12:06 PM
As she reaches for Pascal's face Pascal moves back a bit "Bit rude to grab someone's face don't you think" she says with a smile. Pointing to her eyes "This is actually self afflicted, but I can deal with danger, I just need notice is all."

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 12:16 PM
The woman smirks at Pascal's cheekiness. "Six gold crowns for the each of you. Take it, or leave it, and be on your ways."

All the while, Alfred makes a whining sound.

XD Just a reminder, either of you are not required to take the lady's offer! If any of you want to do anything else, just let me know. :D Then, this leaves Malik all by himself for me to laugh diabolically at! XD

Techno Magician
2014-04-19, 12:51 PM
"Then I guess I will accept your offer", Pascal turns to Jakri smiling "You coming? I'm sure it will be interesting. Oh and no worries I'll protect you if it gets too dangerous" then she laughs.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-19, 04:54 PM
Jakri shift his weight, considering it. I dont know how much use I'll be if I dont use my gift, but there's no guarentee there will be a fight. I'll hope for the best and keep my dagger ready. He fiddles with his dagger at his side, and then replies with a sigh I guess I'm in too, I don't trust you running off by yourself and staying out of trouble. He says, a slight smirk visible from his mouth. Let's just hope that all this fear of danger will be unfounded

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 05:13 PM
The woman smiles to both of them, lets them both pick up their six gold coins from the table, and she will give them her farewell.

"WOOF," says Alfred, wagging his tail.

Malik, Pascal, and Jakri in the company of Janus >> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343261-ABF-BtOS-Malik-Pascal-and-Jakri-in-the-company-of-Janus)

PhoenixRise
2014-04-19, 07:03 PM
Jakri bends down, looking at Alfred You've been a good boy, havn't you, leading us all the way here! I wish I can give you a treat, but I'm fresh out of meat. Lets take you back to your owner now, and maybe I can bring you a treat when I come back. He says to the dog, with clear friendliness in his voice, which Pascal has not heard from Jakri before. After getting up, he turns to face Pascal, returning to his neutral tone of voice, he says. We should bring the dog back to Emila, then head towards where this meeting place will be, I suppose.