PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Celerity Spell line and its potential alternatives?

Deathcharge01
2014-04-14, 09:03 PM
Hello Playground,

Basically I'm looking for spells/items/feats that grant actions(standard/full round) which I can then use to cast other spells with a Wizard. More points awarded to spells that can be cast immediately like the Celerity line that grant these actions. I've been poking around some books and managed to come up with these so far:

1.Belt of battle[item] (imo, I don't think anything else is worth it in a Wizard's belt slot)
2.Heroic Surge[feat] Age of Mortals pg50. Grants up to 5 additional standard actions(1 every 4 levels & limited to 1 extra per round over the course of 5 rounds) @ level 20
3.Eyes of the Oracle[spell] I'm not entirely sure about this one, so some clarification needed, but it allows you to ready a standard action. My Intention is to use this spell along with the Craft Contingency Feat with a mental activation and basically ready the spell I need for the situation which would trigger immediately.

Now the obvious question may be why not just use Celerity. For plot purposes its been restricted in my current campaign; but I need my drugs so I'm out looking for an alternative. Class:Wizard; All advice/help/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Rebel7284
2014-04-14, 09:41 PM
Arcane Fusion/Greater Arcane Fusion allow you to cast multiple spells.

Limited Wish to emulate of the psionic powers that give you extra actions could work, but the casting time is a problem.

There is always Contingency and Craft Contingent Spell.

Does Time Stop count?

Also, Battlemagic Perception.

Thealtruistorc
2014-04-14, 09:49 PM
Is this just for arcane casters?

If you are using a divine class, nothing works like a ruby knight vindicator with quicken spell.

Vaz
2014-04-15, 12:15 AM
Sense Danger (Magic of Eberron) is a Psionic Power that allows a Power to be manifested during the surprise round.
Synchronicity allows the generation of additional standard actions (and more with
Anticipatory Strike is the Psionic Version of Celerity.

Deathcharge01
2014-04-15, 05:46 AM
Arcane Fusion/Greater Arcane Fusion allow you to cast multiple spells.

Limited Wish to emulate of the psionic powers that give you extra actions could work, but the casting time is a problem.

There is always Contingency and Craft Contingent Spell.

Does Time Stop count?

Also, Battlemagic Perception.

I forgot all about Arcane fusion, I'd scribble that down for later use, but Psionic powers do not exist in the current campaign. I do also intend to use the Contingency feat, but stringing together contingencies for every possible scenario is extremely difficult at best and this is why celerity was so great, it gave the versatility to cast what was needed for the situation. Time stop can be used in conjunction with Contingency I guess. And battle magic perception allows for counters, sorry I'm not headed that direction unless its counter via massive damage from orbs or the like.

Is this just for arcane casters?

If you are using a divine class, nothing works like a ruby knight vindicator with quicken spell.

Wizard specifically. My bad I probably should have indicated this in the beginning.

Sense Danger (Magic of Eberron) is a Psionic Power that allows a Power to be manifested during the surprise round.
Synchronicity allows the generation of additional standard actions (and more with
Anticipatory Strike is the Psionic Version of Celerity.

Sorry, no psionics exist in the current campaign. I'm looking for arcane alternatives.

Thanks alot for the responses guys :)

Deathcharge01
2014-04-15, 03:42 PM
Bring
Up
My
Anyone got other suggestions?

Vedhin
2014-04-15, 04:44 PM
Take the Assume Supernatural Ability feat from Savage Species. Turn into a Choker (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/choker.htm). Get a free standard or move action each round, because Chokers do that.