PDA

View Full Version : Build a Town IC

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-14, 10:05 PM
You've been traveling down this road for a few weeks. It leads to a frontier town that you had heard of. You cant recall where you heard about it from. Perhaps a poster on the bounty board? Overheard in an alley way perhaps? Or maybe a town crier shouted it towards a crowd and the name stuck. Loredan, an expanding new town on the borderline of the kingdom of Nar'Seuth. An oppertunity such as this should attract many adventurers who have the opportunity to help out the town and perhaps earn a lordship or better through their efforts?

Eager you pack up your gear and head out. Its far on the borderline of the kingdom, extending into The Wilderness. After a week or so of travel you come across it. Loredan.......at least you think it is. You check your map, confused. Surely THIS couldnt be the great Loredan everyone was talking about. You check the cordinates three times before you realize, yes this is the very SAME Loredan that was talked about.

The town, if you can call it that, consists of dozens of crude huts made out of what appear to be sod. They are arranged somewhat haphazardly around what you can see is a well, which you take to be the "Town Square" of sorts. Surrounding the sod huts is a makeshift wooden fence that wouldnt impede any attacks and seems to be more of a decoration then anything else. The main road leads to a wooden archway which you can see two boys standing guard. The words "Child Soldier" come to your mind as you ride by, they are clutching spears of very poor make and dont even challenge you as you ride on by, in fact a few feet away you can see the heads of a couple goblins on stakes, most likely the owners of the spears.

Beyond the borders of the town you can see peasants plowing and seeding fields. As you go deeper into the town you can see three buildings which arent made of sod. One wooden tavern, a building with the symbol of the town on it, also made out of wood, and a church hewn from stone.

What will you do?

Picture of the Crown Symbol
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/download/file.php?id=6101

Anubis Dread
2014-04-14, 11:22 PM
Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

His eyes swept across the run down hovel of a town, taking in the complete lack of anything that could be considered 'worth' or 'value'. This place was a hole, plain and simple. It reminded him more of his time in jail than it did his home village. It was piss poorly defended too. He could probably just raise his hand, blast away the troops and rule this town by lunch time.

Pulling his opulent cloak around him, the man called Marcus Grek reached into his vest and pulled out a cigar. Lighting it up, he thoughtfully took a deep puff, before chewing on it thoughtfully. He wouldn't, though. That would just lead to all kinds of trouble, and once you've lived through one storm you never wanted to see another. Deserved or not. There were better ways to rule a town than killing people until they obeyed you. And he intended to go by them rather than risk spending another day in the slammer.

There were only three places that weren't caked in manure that he saw, and thus only three places worth his time. He had no interest in socializing with whatever other misfits followed the same hints he did. And as a god among men himself he had no real interest visiting the church. At least not yet. That just left the building marked for a king.

Walking up to the building, he pushed open the door and stepped inside, cigar still burning clasped in his teeth.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-14, 11:49 PM
There was a man standing in front of the building marked with the crowns symbol. He was lithe man, dressed in chainmail that swayed slightly and clinked when he moved. At his side was a rapier, his hair was black and green eyes took in the man smoking the cigar approaching the building. He whips out the rapier quickly, using it to bar the mans path. "Halt, what business do you have with the representative of the king?"

draconomial
2014-04-15, 12:03 AM
"A sprout of Order in a garden of Chaos, hmm, Natilee?"

It does not look like a place that's been done much good, but that just leaves so much more good to do. Sora squats down and stretches her wings and arms out, as they'd felt stiff. She looks upwards at her warforged friend. "Do you think maybe it only recently became like this? It seems new, but they could be starting fresh after some kind of disaster."

Shimeran
2014-04-15, 12:04 AM
Sandrei couldn't remember how long he'd been on the road since the last incident. Days seemed to blurring together a lot lately. Surely he just needed to get back to his work, that would clear his head.

The rough hovels he'd stumbled on were hardly impressive, but they would do. This far out there would be fewer eyes about and hopefully fewer interruptions.

The first matter of business would be scoping out the local power structure, get a feel for the movers and shakers in the area, such as they were. A few words here, a favor there, and he'd be well on his way to building things up again. Wheels churning, he staggered toward the building with the town's symbol on it.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-15, 12:06 AM
Marcus looked at the man steadily for a few moments, before putting a hand back to his cigar. He took a long breath in and out with it, before holding replying.

"Same business everyone else coming to this place wants I suppose. To have a part in it. Of course, being as I just got here I can't exactly say what I can do to help this place thrive, especially when it seems to be rather... thrive challenged. But I'm guessing a representative of the king could tell me. You would hardly expect a truly reputable citizen to seek such information in a tavern, would you?" he raised an eyebrow, taking another puff as he waited for a reply.

Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks just to test the waters and make a good impression.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

That actually begets a question - are we using passive or private Sense Motive checks, or are we operating under 'you need to call it' rules?

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 12:26 AM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/6yh476.jpg
"It's not the worse I've seen, probably", Ending her statement rather jokingly. "At least there are buildings." Instinctively joining in on the stretching she pulls her arm behind her head and leaves it there. "Maybe, I don't see any signs or debris around so if there has been a disaster they cleaned up pretty well. I think I'd like the story of a clean start better though."

Noticing a bit of roadside dirt on Sora's wing she gently dusts it off. "It's been a couple weeks since the last town. Mind if I use your decanter tonight? I'll make you a hot bath next time. " She takes a step forward in front of Sora facing her and puts her hands together to beg. "Please. I'll even pay for your meal at the tavern!"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 12:35 AM
Marcus looked at the man steadily for a few moments, before putting a hand back to his cigar. He took a long breath in and out with it, before holding replying.

"Same business everyone else coming to this place wants I suppose. To have a part in it. Of course, being as I just got here I can't exactly say what I can do to help this place thrive, especially when it seems to be rather... thrive challenged. But I'm guessing a representative of the king could tell me. You would hardly expect a truly reputable citizen to seek such information in a tavern, would you?" he raised an eyebrow, taking another puff as he waited for a reply.

Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks just to test the waters and make a good impression.

Sense Motive: [roll1]

That actually begets a question - are we using passive or private Sense Motive checks, or are we operating under 'you need to call it' rules?

The man's demenour changes instantly "Ah, so you are an adventurer coming to help us? That is good news. Come in, come in my friend." He spots others approaching. "It seems you are not alone. It would be wiser for all of you to meet the deputy at once rather then one at a time, if you would kindly wait?"

Checks
Diplomency- You are unsure if it was the simple fact that you are an adventurer that changed his attitude towards you or that you actually persuaded him, either way the result is the same.

Sense Motive - Near as you can tell, he was just checking out a stranger in his town to see if it was a threat. Perfectly ordinary and logical.

(On checks like Sense Motive, I like to have the PC's tell me when they want to make those checks. Makes more sense that way, otherwise I assume you take whatever the person is saying at face value)

Sønderjye
2014-04-15, 05:11 AM
Venethrax looks around in terror. This was nowhere near what he had planned. When he set sail towards this village he was told that the city had major problems but judging by the guards and the defences no serious threats were nearby. He also couldn't spot any sign of devils or demons. Hmm. Venethrax thinks to himself I could create some evil. The well looks poorly guarded and would be easy to sicken. He could also mindcontrol some trash into killing some other trash or simply.. no it have to be cheating when you stop evil that you yourself created.

Looking around does Venethrax spot any poor starving children or something of similar evil that would get one of those holy paladins down from their horse?

Noticing Grek looking their direction in front of the "fancy" house he heads that way

Anubis Dread
2014-04-15, 09:56 AM
Others? What was he prattling about? Marcus looked about before... oh, it seems as though a fair few people were converging on the town today. It made sense. If they were following the same call to action he was they would all arrive at about the same time. Still it was irritating. He had imagined he could swoop in and rule the town by being a one man show, and now a circus troupe was showing up.

"If that's what it takes," he replied, his teeth tightening on his cigar. "I guess I don't have much choice in the matter. I'll wait here then until the King's representative deigns to speak with... us." He took a long puff of his cigar, before turning to look at the approaching man with an unamused expression.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 02:16 PM
The two young men see Venethrax and drop their spears and run away screaming. The man with the rapier look up and draws his weapon running to the front gate. "Hold, foul denizen of the hells, what are you doing here?" Out of one of the huts comes a man dressed in white robes with gold trim. On his robe is the symbol of Pelor, the God of the Sun. He stands next to the rapier man holding a morning star.

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 03:59 PM
Nitalee stands there in waiting for in anticipation of a successful negation. The commutation draws her attention though and she turns to face it. They haven't even gotten into the sody place and there is already yelling. Seeing the target of the frustration she had a pretty good idea what it was, but it's better to be sure with these things. Little differences truly do matter when a misplaced horn could mean a gristly eternity of suffering. On her way towards the towns defenders a fleshy homunculus hand appears out of the air and hands her a well-crafted, weird wand and recedes back into nothingness. She takes it, places it to her skull, and activates it before the hand takes it back.

In a friendly tone, "Helllo. Follower of Pelor and rather spirited swordsmen. Come to greet the Hellbred have we?" Turning to face Venethrax she shouts out towards him. "Have the gods of good sent you to do your penitence here?" Giving her attention back to the two men near her in hushed tones she whispers to the priest as not to embarrass him. "Priest, surely in your otherworldly pursuits you've read about the Hellbred? Wayward souls plucked from the clutches of hell by the greater goods in order to be given a chance at redemption. Surely, the gods will that he be given a chance at redemption ... must not be defied"

Venethrax hears the voice he just heard speaking, in a more forward tone talk directly into his mind, "If you're here to cause trouble you should leave. This town holds no promise for trouble makers."

UMD to active Wand of Guidance: Succeeds on anything, but a one.
[roll0]
Knowledge: Take 10. Will edit results depending on the above roll.
Result: 16 (which should still be enough)

Sønderjye
2014-04-15, 04:34 PM
Venethrax

I will eat your souls and feed your kids to the hellhounds running around my legs Venethrex sarcasticly says to himself. He is growing increasingly bored with this same old song, yet glad that the guard at least have given him the chance to talk before trying to butcher him.

Venethrax speaks in a loud but calm voice" Fear me not noble citizen of Loredan for I inted not harm. It is in fact quite the opposite. I have come to help shed the light of good over this town hopefully help it grow large and happy. What is your name brave guard of Loredan? he tries to put on a serious face but the lack of flesh on the lower left side of his face makes it look like he part smiling.

Edit: Hearing a friendly voice inside the town Venethrax shouts backNo mylady, I have not come with intentions of trouble. Rather I seek to bring as much goodness forth as is within the boundries of my capability.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 04:49 PM
Knowledge Religion:[roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

Priest to Nitalee (Telepatically): "Ah yes, I did not recognize him at first. I had thought a pit fiend had come to make his mark on our poor town"

The Priest lowers his morning star. "Greetings, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I am Pastor Franz and this is Ser Micheal. Living this close to The Wilderness, we get attacked occasionally and this town is very short on warriors, so its usually up to us two to deal with the threats as they arrive. Come, the deputy is waiting"

The man with the rapier now known as Ser Micheal, sheaths his rapier. "Sorry about that" he apologizes and he leads the group to the deputy's building. Opening the door and leading all the adventurers inside.

Shimeran
2014-04-15, 05:34 PM
Sandrei was suprised by the sudden onrush of folks and clamor of activity. Still, he throught it best to play along. If there was a mistake, he could speak out later. For now, something interesting was going on and perhaps keeping his mouth for now would clue him in onto what exactly that was.

His gaze did linger for a while on the hellbred and warforged. The former reminded him of some of rather unpleasent symptoms he'd run into while the later's very existence spoken of interesting arts he hadn't yet considered.

Sønderjye
2014-04-15, 05:44 PM
Vemethrax

Entering the gate he sends them a smile that perhaps once would have melted the heart of the most frozen icebeasts but now is reduced to a grim grimase. No worries, I would have done the same in your position turning to the ser you acted well sir Micheal, but perhaps you should give those lads of your a course in bravery. He says the last part more so as a joke than criticism.

Turning to Nitalee And you mylady have my thanks. It is not often that I am helped. Is there a chance that I can have your name?

Before entering the building he will look around trying to judge whether the city suffers from any obvious evil, under which category severe poverty is included.

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 05:58 PM
OoC: I totally spelled my own character's name wrong. :smallamused:

She puts her arms back behind he head, a familiar position she puts herself in whenever she's enjoying herself. "Natilee. If you want to thank me you can buy me and my friend, Sora, our meals tonight. Not that it was a big deal. Sometimes berks get it wrong. Sometimes. You can answer my questions later. Over dinner."

draconomial
2014-04-15, 06:27 PM
Sora nods confirmingly at Natilee. "Though I won't be eating tonight, remind me to give you the bottle later." She brushes the platinum star hanging from her neck with a hand, dropping the heavy symbol of Bahamut back against her chest. She asks the priest, "do you get any undead or demons around here, tell, what are the local critters?" In her mind she imagines the smell of scorched undead flesh and her eyes crinkle and brow raises with a draconic smile.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 06:49 PM
Vemethrax

Entering the gate he sends them a smile that perhaps once would have melted the heart of the most frozen icebeasts but now is reduced to a grim grimase. No worries, I would have done the same in your position turning to the ser you acted well sir Micheal, but perhaps you should give those lads of your a course in bravery. He says the last part more so as a joke than criticism.

Turning to Nitalee And you mylady have my thanks. It is not often that I am helped. Is there a chance that I can have your name?

Before entering the building he will look around trying to judge whether the city suffers from any obvious evil, under which category severe poverty is included.

Despite the poverty of the town, it doesnt appear anyone is suffering. Despite their less then ideal appearance. The sod huts look sturdy enough to serve as adequate shelter. Aside from the goblin heads, you can't see any signs of attack, at least with just a casual glance, perhaps looking closer could reveal more?

The farmers still work in tilling the fields, but you see several rows of fields already completed with crops growing, so obviously there IS food. Though without any knowledge in farming, you dont know how much food the fields yield. All in all, the town seems to be stuck in a neutral state, not prosperous, but not suffering either. It just sort of....exists.

Sora nods confirmingly at Natilee. "Though I won't be eating tonight, remind me to give you the bottle later." She brushes the platinum star hanging from her neck with a hand, dropping the heavy symbol of Bahamut back against her chest. She asks the priest, "do you get any undead or demons around here, tell, what are the local critters?" In her mind she imagines the smell of scorched undead flesh and her eyes crinkle and brow raises with a draconic smile.

Pastor Franz looks back at her. "Ah an initiative of Bahamut? You did the ritual then? Not very often do we see your kind Dragonborn, but I welcome you nontheless. Pelor shine upon thee. As far as undead are concerned, there have been some....complications in the tombs beneath the church. When you are finished talking to Deputy William, perhaps you could assist us with that?"

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 05:01 AM
Natilee issues a mental command to her messenger that sends it back up into it's eye in the sky position. Sour about how things are turning out she lets out an, "Aww. You know I wanted to spend my first day at the tavern. I always want to taste the local food whenever we go to a new town. I even got the hellbred to pay for our meal." She changes her focus from Sora to Vemethrax, "What's your name?"

Then back to Sora. "Now we're going to be stuck in some dusty tombs with a bunch of undead. They probably don't even have muffins." Just another relatively common complaint voiced by Natilee. If it was under her control she'd always prefer the more leisurely path, but that's one of the advantages of traveling with Sora. Unexpected and exciting things tend to happen. Whenever they make it to the building Natilee stoops to enter even though she's shorter than the people around her.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-16, 09:06 AM
"You'll get a chance to eat yourself sick eventually. It's not like there's much else to do in a hole like this."

Taking a deep puff of his cigar, the man walked slowly and deliberately towards the group. "I'd appreciate it if we could all just head together to meet the representative first though. Seems as though he's convinced as long as he's dealing with dirty rabble like this he might as well take care of it all at once. So I'd appreciate it if there was no more screwing around... and that goes double for you," his eyes turned to the guards. "Do you honestly think that even IF this guy was a threat you'd be able to stop him? I know I could kill you all by blinking, so I'm guessing he'd be able to do it easily enough as well. The best advise I can give you is to not try and pick fights with someone strong enough to ground you to dust and snort the remains."

Taking his cigar out of his mouth for a moment, he looked back to the party levelly. "The name's Marcus, by the way. No last names, that just invites all kinds of trouble. I'm guessing you're here to help out this brown stain on the landscapes as well?"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 11:35 AM
Micheal and Franz look at each other.

Micheal chuckles. "Overconfident huh? Well I have no doubt you would easily slay those poor boys we use for gate guards, but then again those are 16 year old children, no honor in killing them. But I was not knighted without a reason. Me and Franz here can take care of some major troublemakers if need be. Now come in."

The two open the doors and lead the party inside. They can see a big office like room with scribes running to and fro. In the center of the room is a desk. A big burly grey haired man sits at it, writing with a quill. A greataxe can be seen hanging up on the mantle of the fireplace behind him. His arms are covered with scars. This seems to be an aging warrior, turned into a deskjocky?

The man's writing pauses when he looks up at who enters the room.

Franz says. "I introduce Deputy William of the Crown, caretaker of the realm."

William waves his hand. "Yes, yes enough with the bloody formalities. This the first group of adventurers then?" He looks the group over and snorts. "Back in my day parties were made up of elves, humans dwarves, and halflings, maybe the occasional gnomes. Kids these days and their magical transformations and mechanics and what have you. So here to help the town are you? Cant imagine any other reason why you'd be here. As I'm sure you've noticed, this place is a hole. The crown loaned us enough to establish a settlement, then decided to tax us once we dug ourselves into the dirt. Of course they waited to tax us after the crown building and the church was built. We used what lumber we had to make the tavern, and the huts were made from surrounding materials. Im going to be frank with you. We need gold, we barely make enough to meet the taxes every month. If you help us, we'll be able to expand, which of course will be mutually beneficial to you as well. So what do you say?"

Anubis Dread
2014-04-16, 12:26 PM
Marcus looked levelly at the representative for some time, his cigar going back to his mouth as he puffed it thoughtfully. At least he had the humility to acknowledge that he'd built his house on a pile of manure. At the same time though...

"You have some balls, asking sellswords for cash," he replied at last."I'm guessing most of us here wouldn't BE here if we knew we'd be losing money over it rather than getting it. Myself? I'm a business man. I'm familiar with upfront costs for a heavy pay off later. A VERY heavy pay off," he added slowly and deliberately. "As it stand I can't exactly begin my little empire when there's nothing to rule, so I don't see any fault in kick starting things. So to speak, anyway."

Taking the cigar from his mouth, he tapped the ash from the tip before continuing. "Judging by your matter of fact tone and the fact you're so eager to see a bunch of wandering vagabonds, I'm guessing you already have a bit of a scam cooked up? Or a scheme at the very least."

Sønderjye
2014-04-16, 01:36 PM
A happy one she is. Happy is good Venethrax thinks to himself before responding. Do not fear Lady Natilee. I am sure there is plenty of time for me to have the pleasure to host both you and lady Sora, even if lady Sora will just be joining us for company? the last part is said with a questioning look at Sora.
He then says smilingly As far as my name goes, Ven is the name I go by among the people not trying to kill me with pitforks and torches.

Such selfconfidence, such arrogance this puppy barks, sucking on that stick like he misses his mothers breasts. Venethrax exhales reminding himself why he is here: Politeness id a virtur and virtues are what the goodies seek. : Pleased to meet you Mister Marcus. You are correct but I see now that my aid is not required with a hero of your caliber as a guardian of the city. Yet I would like to do what good I am capable of.

---------------------

After carefully listening to the debuty's speech Venethrax neutrally responds A man choose what he does with his body, not how it is created sir William of the Croen. What do you have in mind?

draconomial
2014-04-16, 04:08 PM
Looking in the deputy's eyes, Sora puts her right wing and arm forward, and bows. "I am Sora Redmark, one of Bahamut's many scourges of good across the planes. If it's gold that you need, I at least am willing to give, if it will help the people here. I'm sure we have much that we can do for each other. What problems do you have here, give us your agenda, I doubt there's much that Natilee here," she nudges Natilee with her left wing "and I can't take care of."

On Sora's right hand, where her index finger should be is what appears to be a bronze dragon's claw. She traces the shape of her amulet on her grey scaled chest with the claw.

Sora wraps the wing around Natilee and whispers ", I bet that the locals have some interesting customs, besides the local drinking songs. Flying over drinking, but dancing over flying. What do you think?"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 05:42 PM
William grins at Marcus. "I like you laddie, you show some real promise. Aye, we're in a bad way, but thats why you responded to the flier campaign no? That was one of Mal'ards better ideas. He runs the tavern and he thought adventurers would come like moths to the flame to a place like this. Now the surrounding areas are rich with natural resources. The ground is fertile, rainfall is frequent. There are forests to the west filled with herbs and other medicines. Theres a river to the south teeming with fish, you probably passed it on the main road. There are mountains to the north full of minerals to mine, gems to cut. Trouble is, getting workers. A few farmers are all very well for keepin us alive, but miners? fishers? alchemists? those are far and few inbetween and dont come cheap. Aye, you'll be in the red for awhile if yeh help us. But if you get us back on our feet you'll find it to be quite profitable. Or if profit isnt your angle, it'll be a good deed"

To Sora. "Ah a dragonborn. Im guessing you're not part of the hunting parties? Plenty o Tiamatts kin live in those mountains and occasionally groups of dragonborn pass through here to get there."

"As far as my "scheme" is concerned. I need you adventurers to earn some gold, in any way you choose, but will most likely involve swinging a blade. You take some of the treasure to me, and Ill turn it into resources the town can use. Building materials, payment for workers and so on. As far as rewards are concerned. I'd be happy to give you a cut of any shops or merchantile buildings we create, your own house and anything else that comes to mind"

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 06:50 PM
"I bet they do. Alright, dancing over flying. Still wrapped up she introduces herself, "The name's Natilee. Problems are no problem for us. We've already heard about your undead. That's something we'll take care of." Her words agreeing with Sora's.

She lets out a light hmm as she starts to plot the course of her actions. Having made up her mind she rubs her neck with her left arm as not to disturb Sora's wing. "It'd be wiser to handle the imminent dangers posed to Loredan before we set our focus on expansion. This place would certainly be a lot more attractive to newcomers if they didn't have to worry about things trying to eat them. Swinging a blade isn't really why I came here though."

"Mental labor has always been my stronger talent. If you need any help designing or planning growth I'd be more than glad to help. I'll even help you build it." She gives pause knowing how invasive, how unconscionable her next question would seem. "It also looks like you keep things well documented. If possible I'd like to take a look at your books. That would be quicker than me asking you a few hundred questions."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 08:02 PM
William nods at Natliee. "Oi, Olee. Get out here." at his words a scribe comes from the back. He hair is auburn brown and cascades down her shoulders. She's dressed in the same red and gold tunic the rest of the scribes are, with the symbol of the crown on it. Her eyes are green and her ears are slightly pointed, a half elf. She bows quickly to William then to the party.

"Um, Apprentice Olee at your service." she says

"Natilee here wants to take a look at our records, shes going to help us. Show her what we've done the past few months, and dont fall asleep again." he says somewhat sternly.

Olee's face flushes. "Yes Master William" She gestures for Natliee to follow her into the record room.

William turns to the rest of the party. "Occasionally jobs will show up from time to time and I will let you know. Franz told you about the undead problem? Im not to clear on that myself so you'll have to talk to him about that. I hear Mal'lard is having a problem too over at the Tavern. Thats the problems as far as the town is concerned. Otherwise you are welcome to explore the surrounding areas. You each may take a hut to sleep in, theres way more then enough"

Shimeran
2014-04-16, 08:14 PM
Sandrei pipes up, "Thank you for the offer, sir. I noticed you mentioned alchemists are some of the hopefuls you were looking to lure in. I'm actually practiced in the alchemical arts myself. I could readily help set up a proper lab here and train some assistants to build up a proper industry here, once the funds build up."

He sticks out his hand. "The name is Sandrei, by the by. My funds are currently pretty meager, so I'd like to go over our plan of attack a bit more before investing, but in the meanwhile it sounds like we've got some solid leads on some donors."

Anubis Dread
2014-04-16, 08:18 PM
Marcus' eyes followed the scribe as she entered and left the room... he'd love to have a look at those books himself. Most notably the financials. He wasn't interested in cooking up some petty cash, but he would like to know how much the King was taking from the dump. That sort of information could be valuable.

Speaking of which... "What's the story with those goblin heads?" he continued to ask, gesturing his head in the vague direction of where the pikes would be if there wasn't a wall in the way. "If we have a tribe nearby that might be a good place to get some resources. Most notably depending on how you feel about prisoners earning their keep we could cut out of the middle man of finding gold to hire labor."

Bringing his cigar back to his mouth, he took another puff before continuing. "Alternatively, I have a few ideas on how we can boost this town's repute... I'd like a map, if you would. A few if possible. At least one being a detailed map of the area, the other showing the local trade routes for neighbouring towns and settlements. How are the neighbours anyway?" he went on. "Any trade prospects? Or are they just hoping we die out so we don't start dipping our hand in the pot. So to speak."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 08:40 PM
To Sandrei. "Ah, an alchemist. First and foremost medicine will be the most important thing. Franz has been running himself ragged trying to keep us all alive. You being able to ease some of that burden will be greatly appreciated. Alchemical tools we should get imported easily enough, problem is, the ingredients. The forest as I mentioned does hold a lot of herbs and other important plants. However, it is a days journey on horseback and about three days walking. We would need to establish a harvesting route. " he shakes his hand.

To Marcus "Just some roaming raiders. You find goblins everywhere these days. I dont know if there are any permenant settlemeants. If there are, they're in the mountains or forests, otherwise its all plains and hills. They decided to attack the village, we defended ourselves and put the heads out as a warning. Franz was opposed, but it was all in the interest of security." He scowls. "We are not going to build this town on slave labor. Slavery was outlawed years ago. As far as a map is concerned, go in the back and talk to Olee, she'll be able to provide you with a map. As far as relations go, this is the edge of the civilized kingdom. There arent any settlements to the crowns knowledge anywhere near here human or otherwise. We are technically a frontier town. Although Mountains are often home to dwarves, so that might be a possibility. "

Anubis Dread
2014-04-16, 08:51 PM
A look of surprise came across Marcus' face, which may or may not have been genuine. "Slavery? I would never suggest such a thing! All I'm suggesting is community service is a valid way to serve your time in prison, and what greater crime is there than to raid a fledgling town still trying to find it's feet? All I'm advocating for is... efficiency." Bringing the cigar back to his mouth, he began to chew it thoughtfully. "I suppose much the same effect could be done with these alledged undead in the church. If we have enough people able to turn a ramapaging corpse into an obedient construct we could likely mine valuable minerals in the mountains 24/7, without the complications that arise from having to feed or water an... inmate."

He breathed out a buff of smoke, before staring into space. "Still, if that isn't the cards I'm sure we can find some vollunteers while we hunt for riches. The idea of buying labor when there are so many better alternatives irks me. All quite legal, mind," he ammended.

No neighbours huh? That complicated matters. No town could flourish without an easy route to the outside world. No matter, he'd figure that out eventually.

draconomial
2014-04-16, 09:00 PM
Sora starts after Olee, expecting Natilee to follow after.

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 09:34 PM
Natilee gives a simple thanks to William and follows after the two. Addressing Sora as they moved, "I know you want to deal with the undead. This will only take a moment. I'll check the headers and we can go talk to Franz." She gives a weak smile.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 09:47 PM
William shakes his head. "There arent any laws out here. The Goblins would have no idea why we were locking them up and making them work, they would think we were enslaving them. As far as your undead idea goes, most folk dont like having the dead around, especially if its loved ones. And ole Franz is a cleric of Pelor, the enemy of the undead, hes more like to destroy them."

Olee leads the two to the records room and pulls out a scroll and shows them the records. The records indicate the church, and the government building cost approximately 20,000 gold, while the tavern cost about 5,000. Taxes were around 200 gold a month. The town just barely makes it each month, and in fact is still a couple hundred gold in debt to the crown due to not making the payments, owing at around 900 gold.

Shimeran
2014-04-16, 11:07 PM
Sandrei leans back and scratches his chin before saying, "I do have a few medicinal recipes. Healer's Balm being the most likely. Vermin bane could also help keep the crops safe. And there's always good old fashion distillation and pickling to make some of the food stuffs last longer."

"Tell you what, let me put in an order for wagon and a couple donkeys to pull it. I've got the funds on hand to cover that. When we get back, I can set up an expedition out that way to see what we've got to work with."

Turning to the group, he continues "Did you folks want to go straight for the undead? If so I'm good to go now. If not, I'll swing by the tavern and see if I can't put the word out on getting a few helpers for the next scouting mission we make. Getting a few young folks trained up on what to gather certainly wouldn't hurt."

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 11:24 PM
Natilee briefly looks over scroll, presses her lips together for a few seconds of frustration, before calmly asking. "Apprentice Olee. What are the kids of Loredan doing?" She clarifies herself; her voice raising slightly as she goes on. "There seems to be an educational institution missing on this scroll. Perhaps, the town has formed a makeshift center for this purpose, that has been left out of the official documents. Homeschooling? What type of standard are people expected to meet in Loredan? Are people being taught how to read? What about arithmetic?" Her brow furrowed by the end of her questioning. She'd still be stuck back in the cog's if hadn't had been fortunate enough to receive her own tutelage. Knowing that others could be in a similar situation was a frustrating thought.

draconomial
2014-04-16, 11:50 PM
"You're right, a grundskola is always good for the bigger ones who are not yet adults. But I imagine that their parents and the church give them some kind of education."
Sora hmms over the documents thoughtfully and talks while studying it. "Olee, who owns the tavern? Do you think it would be possible for me to buy it? Would the tax on the land sale go to the town, adding to what they need, or would it go straight to the crown? And what are the racial distributions around the town, if you don't mind me asking? You're the only local person here I've noticed wasn't human." Sora turns back to Natilee and says "If we buy the Tavern, we can expand it vertically in both directions. An aerie would be nice. It could probably be kept under the same management, if it's run well, and we'll have some control over information on travelers. Oh it has been many tens of years since I've thought of home. What do you think?"

Elbeyon
2014-04-17, 12:17 AM
Comforted, she relaxes some, placing her arms against the back of her head. "I hope so. Without any type of official place of learning or collection center for knowledge I have serious doubts and worries about what that implies about the value of information."

Natilee looks away when Sora brings up buying something. She mutters, embarrassed, "I kind of spent all my money since our last job..."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-17, 02:03 AM
William nods. "Much obliged Sandrei, your expertise is greatly needed." He waves over one of the scribes and asks him to get his falcon. The scribe nods and comes back wearing a falconers glove. A handsome Peregrine Falcon on it. William clicks his tongue and the falcon flutters over to the desk. He writes something down on the paper. "A merchantile cart with....two donkeys?" He asks, glancing at Sandrei.

Olee stutters a bit at being addressed. "U-U-um...Pastor Franz educates the children in the town square, he used to do it in the church before um....the dead started walking" she says the last one with a fearful squeak. "H-h-he should be teaching now, actually." Olee glances out the window, where Franz can be seen sitting on the ledge of the well, a book in his hands, the children sit crosslegged drawing in the dirt, presumably working out whatever he was teaching. "W-we didnt record it since Franz does it of his own free will and no money is being made. They learn reading and writing and math. But there isnt many places to practice it out here. A-and my father runs the tavern. I dont think he'd sell it."

StormBorn
2014-04-17, 07:48 AM
Dovkhor Silversword

After long hours traveling through the wilderness, finally, a minor trace of civilazation lies up ahead...this, must be Loredan.... Just as i imagined. Dovk rides on the back of an impresive steed, black in color, matching the Dwarfs Beard, in his full plate, the holy symbol of moradin, father of Dwarves, on his back A warhammer almost as big as him. (Its a warhammer with the traits of a greatsword. Two handed 2d6, its that ok?
come on Shakra, we are almost there he hustles the horse up to the entrance of the town.. If you might call it that way.
Taking a look at the little boys passing as guards, Dovk takes a deep breath and nods, feeling the imediate need to assit this town..
(talking to himself) .....Found new kingdoms and clan lands, defending the existing ones from all threats. Lead the dwarves in the traditions laid down by the Soul Forger. Honor your clan leaders as you honor Moradin, reciting part of Moradins Dogma... dovkhor rushes to the biggest building, looking for the Lord of this land.

Shimeran
2014-04-17, 07:57 AM
"Yes, a wagon and two donkeys should do nicely. Horses are noble looking enough, but they're also damn expensive."

Turning toward Sora and Olee, he says "Outright purchase may not be neccesary. I'd speak with the owner personally and see if some kind of partnership can be arranged. Of course, before you do that I'd see about doing some odd jobs for him first so he knows you a bit better."

Sønderjye
2014-04-17, 11:21 AM
Venethrax is looking rather thoughtfull. He has an inner debate whether or not it is alright to treat still living goblins camps as "resources" and also whether letting goblins repent their since by serving as slaves is entirely evil or if he can argue it being for the greater good. But undead are simply tools, they can't be more evil that a sword.

There is no laws? At all? As far as goblins go they aren't entirely stubid, we could simply explain to them the rules and give them a second chance. Perhaps they will understand the consequences of their actions. He considers the problem about undead briefly The undeads doesn't have to be around. They could do some of the more dangerous work outside the city or in the mines. The pastor seems like a reasonable man. Surely he can be convinced waiting by destroying the undead untill later.

To Sandrei he responds Cleansing the city before expanding does sound like a wise move. I would however like to get our good pastors approval before I try to see if I can control the lesser skeletons. I am however not the greatest speaker, if I manage to convince people they tend to be terrified after. Can someone else speak to him?

Anubis Dread
2014-04-17, 12:27 PM
Marcus frowned at the earth for a few moments, before taking a deep breath of his cigar. "Guess that 'someone' boils down to me. It was my fool idea to use them as constructs anyway. I don't want to stir up more trouble than it's worth, but a steady folow of gold, gems, or even slate from the mountainside is too valuable to give up over a petty priest."

Putting a hand in his luxurious coat, he looked out into space for a few moments. "So first order of business is wrangling some undead. Next we can just set ourselves down for a bit and plot our next move. Might as well grab the maps then rather than now, as they're kind of useless until we look further afield. Speaking of, taking some goblins prisoner is another way to guarantee that steady income, though the feeding and watering is a pain. Thankfully, it's optional. Goblins breed like rabbits anyway. So to speak," he ammended.

He went on after a few more moments thought. "We also need roads. Badly. Both to transport what we get resource wise without taking ten day detours and to ship it all somewhere that's willing to pay a premium for it. Once we have that basic loop down, we'll be in the green. Anything after that is pure gravy." He arced an eyebrow. "Shall we kick this little scam off with a visit to the priest then?"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-17, 01:45 PM
William writes down the order. "That'll be.....30 gold, Sandrei."

To Venethrax "Not to them anyway, they wouldnt listen to our laws. We're not goblins, so they dont regard us at all. Only things to be raided. Teaching them wont do any good. And as far as the undead are concerned, some of them are loved ones of this town, how would you expect them to react to knowing they are being put to work after their death when they should be resting? Besides how would you control them? Do any of you wield the negative energy required to command the dead?"

To Marcus. "That is still inhumane. We shall leave the goblins alone unless they attack again."

The boys lead Dovkhor to the building and inside. William looks up at the newcomer. "Another adventurer, great." He then proceeds to explain everything he had told the others a few minutes ago.

Olee searches through the shelves and pulls out a couple maps, handing them to Marcus.

Elbeyon
2014-04-17, 02:45 PM
"Sora... I've already had a home for a while now. It's not at any place though." She gives a smile. "A tavern would be a lovely thing to call home though. An aerie is just as wonderful an idea. I'm sure we could work something out to save it from the weather while giving it that open feeling it deserves. A few layers of earth would provide me with some relief; it's upsetting whenever my work disturbs your rest. Oh! We could really make it something special. A marvel for the senses, for our guests. Let's start designing it soon as possible."

Without a scroll she looks to close up the still open matters. "I didn't mean to speak harshly to you Apprentice Olee. More at the possible situation. It seems like things are being handled though. When time is more permitting I'll give the scrolls a more thorough read. Now, If you'd answer my friend's questions we can be on our way."

Sønderjye
2014-04-17, 03:27 PM
Venethrax

I doubt you can convince anyone of anythinb with that foul mouth of yours and the thought of washing it makes a smile come to his face. With acid.

After listening closely to the debute he responds: We should at least give them the chane of knowing what will happen if they attack the city again. Honestly I doubt that the villagers can recognize the skeleton of their dear ones.

He raises an eyebrown when William respond to the goblin idea: Do you think it is more humane to kill a goblin in front of his dear ones rather than letting him work his crimes off?

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-17, 04:32 PM
William groans. "Im not getting pulled into another bloody debate on the moral ramification on whether killing monsters is good or evil. Ive already had an earful from Franz. We're leaving the bloody things alone unless we see them actively doing evil things. The heads out front of the village warn them away. And many, view the undead as symbols of evil and necromancy."

Olee hesitantly nods. "Um....what questions did you have for me?"

draconomial
2014-04-17, 05:13 PM
"I asked you about racial distribution." Sora coughs out a word in Draconic and her body morphs. Her wings pull into her back and her light grey scales change into pale fair skin. She shrinks down by an inch and she suddenly has beaded and tightly braided long blonde hair. Her beak withdraws, she grows pointed ears, and her eyes shift from feline blue with slitted pupils to green with round pupils. "Is the innkeeper an elf, or is your mother?" Sora smiles.

Shimeran
2014-04-17, 05:39 PM
Sandrei reaches into his bag and passes over the gold.

"I definitely get the townsfolk's reluctance over the undead. On the other hand, I know how dangerous mines can be. I can't say I'm not tempted by idea of sparing out living great physical harm, even if the means are unpleasent."

"I think you best bet is to use the bodies of attackers. If said attackers are open to diplomatic relations, leave the channel open for them to reclaim their dead. With villagers, I'd say see if anyone is open to setting up a contract. Offer something they want now if they're willing to work post-humously. Heck, part of that contract could be a wage to the family. One big obstacle to using the dead is it's a bit late to get consent, so negotiating before hand may be helpful if creepy."

"Honestly, I think our best bet right now is to start building up trust. See to folks essentials. Once we've proven useful, they'll be more receptive to our ideas."

Anubis Dread
2014-04-17, 05:54 PM
They needed time to work things out, plan the best approach of attack... or rather he did. He had plans, but none of them would work until this boar rut of a town had surrounding roads. Roads made the world go round, but they weren't going to be built until the town had some decent homes and ways of drafting labor and crafting tools. In other words, right now they needed large influxes of gold and to increase the general quality of life.

Taking a deep breath of his cigar and breathing out in frustration, Marcus turned to walk out the door. "Enough of this. We only have one sure lead so far - until we kill the undead, there's no other act we can take. I'm going to talk to the priest to get the full story, then erradicate the things. We can always bring the things back if we need to. Or find corpses in any number of places."

Pushing open the door, he looked back at the group. "Where is this priest anyway? If we're going to do this, he needs to know it was we who did it." After all, a favor was a debt that could earn interest very rapidly.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-17, 10:33 PM
"Oh yes, um....its mostly human. Me and my dad are the only half elves here. It was the only place to go....." She looks down at the floor sadly, its a few minutes before she speaks again. "Mom is.....gone" This time she goes completely silent, it doesnt look like she's going to talk again for awhile.

William takes the gold, puts it in a pouch attached the falcons leg, and puts the order in a brass tube, which he ties to the other leg. He lets the falcon fly up and out a window which seems to have been made for this purpose.

He scratches his chin. "Post mortem arrangements might just be what we need. Although Franz wouldnt be too happy with that. I'm sure I could convince him to allow them to remain. However Pelor isnt like to lend his power to Franz for that sort of spell, so you'll have to find another means of animating the corpses."

When Marcus opens the door, he would see quite clearly Franz sitting in the middle of the town still teaching the kids, answering that question.

draconomial
2014-04-18, 12:03 AM
With a mental release, Sora shape-shifted back into her Dragonborn form. "Sorry." Her smile gone, Sora turns to leave the records room.

Out the door of the records room, she slowly inhales, and then exhales with a sigh. Sora grumbles an incantation in Draconic, and fades away. Invisibly, she heads outside.

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 02:07 AM
All the energy in the room feels like it's been sucked out. Natilee finds a somewhat clear table and half leans on it and half sits. She keeps to the room's silence until it feels right to speak again. "I know those feelings. Most of everyone I knew is gone. My... parents ... have been gone for a long time. The first person that's ever truly cared about me, and me for him, still hates me for the things that I've done." She pulls out the homunculus that handed her the wand earlier out of the back of her shirt, as if that even made sense. Its slender frame, modeled after fey or elf, was carved with aesthetic folds that formed lines along it's body. A brown body imitating both wood and smooth stone. Around its pointed ears tufts of plant-like materials swooped back and ended in a point were hairs were supposed to be. The same yellow and green plants covered parts of its body on its back and wherever nudity would be considered indecent. Examining it as if it was a doll, she fiddled with the places that had chipped away and were imperfectly repaired. "I was always different. Never exactly like everybody else. It was rough. Even amongst the people who accepted me, no one could truly understand me or what I was going through." She stops playing with the moving homunculus and looks up at her. "If you ever need anyone to talk to I'll be there."

StormBorn
2014-04-18, 08:54 AM
After hearing the thoughts of using the undeads as workers on the mines, Dovkhor speaks up, in a very serious and deep tone of voice...

"The allfather would never allow, those abominations to remain existing, and as long as there is a Sould devoted to that cause there wont be any." He looks at william, with anger in his eyes, but no other facial expresion "no contract shall be arranged with the townsfolk, dead its the most natural and beautiful thing, everyones deserves an honorable death, and after that the eternal rest of body and soul, im sure father Frank would agree... if WE are trying to do any good to this town, lets stop wasting time, and get moving, there are some undeaths waiting for the clensing light of Moradin"

Dovk closes his eyes, takes a deep breath and as if he just enterede in some kind of trance, he just starts reciting some lyrics.. in a some kind of Harmonious ways. You can tell he is trying to sing.

"Death to all who oppose the light of the Dwarffather, bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy.

Serve and protect those in need, but slay those that are weak, evil, or false prophets. Battle against clergy of Evil faiths, for they are false prophets and forces who oppose the One True Way. Bring death to those that oppose Moradins church.

Make peace, order, and laws, for only The Master of Forges, is the true authority.
Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies move the false deities into action.

Fell one foe at a time and keep all enemies afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife.
Any method or means is justified to bring justice, peace "
-Hammers of Moradin's Anthem

Sønderjye
2014-04-18, 09:00 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax isn't fully satisfied with the debute's answer, but he remain silent.

At Sandrei's words he is impressed. What a silvertongue. He makes a mental note to get to know this one more closely he might prove valueable.. Or dangerous.

Turning to Marcus he says: I would like to follow you sir Marcus. How the priest responds should prove interesting. and so will your sweettalking he silently adds moving towards the door, planning on following Marcus to the pastor

Anubis Dread
2014-04-18, 12:23 PM
"I take it you're a vegetarian then," Marcus grunted wryly to the dwarf as he left. "Seeing as you seem to respect all meat as sacred. As for you," he went on to Venethrax, "you're free to do whatever you want. You seem like a twisted one though. I appreciate that kind of company."

Puffing one last smoke cloud into the room as he walked out the door to the priest, he casually adjusted his cloak to give the hissing serpent underneath a little more air. So, the priest was teaching right now it seemed. He doubted it was anything useful in the long run.

"Excuse me, good priest of Pelor," Marcus greeted casually. "I overheard what you said before, and got a less succinct version of events from your local royal representative. I apologize for interrupting your lesson, but do you mind give minutes of your time so we can discuss a little business?"

Probably not necessary, but:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-18, 02:24 PM
Olee looks up at Natilee, tears in her eyes, she sniffs and nods at her, still not wanting to speak, but there is some relief in the eyes along with sorrow.

William grumbles. "Oh great another religious zealot. Let me guess....paladin?" He says looking Dovkhor up and down. "Alright, I wont make and contracts with the townsfolk and we'll bury the dead instead of using them. Now go cleanse the undead out of the churchs tomb and leave me be." He waves his hand and Ser Micheal comes out and escorts everyone still in the building, out.

Franz looks up at Marcus. "You wish to speak to me about the undead situation, correct? I surmised William would tell you about that. Well....we had built the church and needed somewhere to put the dead. We decided against a graveyard due to needing crop ground, so we elected to build a tomb under the church. However, while we were digging, we dug into an underground tunnel. We didnt think much of it and just left it as it was. The next day during one of my sermons we heard scratching at the trap door. So I investigated it. Several undead sprung from the door and started attacking. Me and Micheal fought them off and got the townspeople to safety. But several of them were killed, and no doubt have joined the ranks of the undead. I sealed off the church door to prevent anyone from entering or exiting. But I need the undead exterminated and the cause for their rebirth found out."

Anubis Dread
2014-04-18, 03:05 PM
Taking a long puff on his cigar, Marcus let bloom a cloud of smoke before smiling wryly. Holding the cigar in his hand, letting ash drip to the ground, he began to speak. "Sounds like a pretty simple job. I'm guessing the reason you don't just take care of it yourself is your lacking the strength, or are too important for the community? Probably a bit of both... still, I can see why you'd need some extra hands on this one. Needless to say I'm willing to help, and if any of the others aren't I'll make them see my way."

Stopping for a few moments, he looked up to the sky and continued. "You're a priest, are you not? Then you'll understand where I'm coming from when there has to be a price. The same way you serve the sun god and must do good for all people, I serve the road god. And he prefers everything to be business. That being the case, we'll need something worth the risk of bludgeoning corpses to re-death. At the same time, I know that you don't have much gold lieing around. Even if you did have it, you'd of given it to the town by now, which is the same thing we'd be doing. So asking for payment like that is a bit redundant, wouldn't you agree?"

"I'd also bet my right ass cheek that you don't have anything particular valuable in the terms of goods," Marcus went on, looking back to the priest with a raised eyebrow. "So where both goods and currency fail, there's only one thing that remains - services. Once again, you are a priest. Of Pelor, no less. This could complicate matters. You see, as I said I serve the god of the roads, and I heard at least one of my new 'friends' saying they served the dragon king. This leads us to a bit of religious diversity in a town which seems to be a bit of a monotheism. This isn't exactly ideal, I'm sure you understand."

Finally bringing his cigar back up to his mouth, he took a puff. "Bottom line is simple enough - a favor for a favor. You won't refute the building or actions of any non-Pelor churches or other religious organizations that pop up in the town later, and we'll clear out the undead. Basically, just keep your nose out of any religious activities that don't have 'Pelor' branded on them, whether you like it or not. I'm sure you're an understanding enough person, and don't really want a religious monopoly, so that should be a simple enough trade. I'll even throw in a bit of clause about this not extending to evil gods. Deal?" Marcus finished, holding out his hand for a shake.

Two rolls - Diplomacy to convince, and Bluff to hide whether or not there's an ulterior motive.

Bluff: [roll1]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-18, 03:35 PM
[roll0]Sense Motive

Franz looks at Marcus "This sounds like a reasonable request, Evil gods will not be tolerated, however neither will evil acts. When you are ready I will unseal the church so that you and your friends can enter"

draconomial
2014-04-18, 03:40 PM
After overhearing Franz talk about the undead, Sora feels a little bit lighter. Silent and invisible, she chops her right hand down, and drags over the air of her right arm. And with the motion her body features contort into a new shape. Her body is that of a Skrulls now, basically a featureless human. After a moment's stretch in the new shape, she begins to quietly move outside and to the church.

1st Move Silently - [roll0] Hide - [roll1]
2st Move Silently - [roll2] Hide - [roll3]
3rd Move Silently - [roll4] Hide - [roll5]
4th Move Silently - [roll6] Hide - [roll7]
Moving at full speed, moving silently, hiding, and invisible. All modifiers calculated in, Listen to detect.

StormBorn
2014-04-18, 03:52 PM
Ser. DovKhor Silversword, Paladin of The Hammers of Moradin.... at your services. staring right in to Williams eyes he Continues... Make sure none of the townsfolk gets involved into this undead matter, i'll make sure... there is no longer a matter with the undead..
Dov takes a look at the group of adventurers, gathered here, definetly an interesting lot.
He was ready to move on, just as the human with the cigar spoke up.... then he takes a second to think about it and takes a look at the smoker... (speaking to himself...) "mmmm you are definetly someone to keep an eye on... trying to figure out why would he be interested in religious affairs, he definetly doesnt seem like a religious kind of person, but for now... i'll play along... ..
(out loud) seems like a good deal to me, a Temple for the Soul Forger would definetly bring prosperity and Master Crafters to this rich in resources area.
looking back at Marcus for a moment, then back at Father Franz
My duty is to fight injustice where ever i may find it, im not after wealth and i'll destroy the undeads... but in exchange, i'll ask that your church provides healing services at a cheaper cost, just in case someone gets hurt during this Quest.
looking at each of the adventurers to see if any other request comes.

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 04:08 PM
A hug might be appropriate at times like these. Maybe she'd even give her one if she'd known her better, but her grips would be as comforting as a metal suit and just as confusing. She, after all, was still different.

Paying no mind to Ser Micheal at first she raises up and places her fidgeting plaything on the table. "This is my personal homunculus." She gestures to the tiny thing. "She's a perfectionist when it comes to orders. Not much of a talker but she's a hard worker." Natilee looks down into its yellow eyes, "You're Olee's assistant for the remainder of the day. If she tells you to scribe a thousand page document, scribe it." She says her goodbyes and gives in to Ser Micheal's requests and follows him out.

Having basically seen the entire outside conversation unfold by way of her eye in the sky she had no interest in the current conversation. Nor any real interest in the things they debated. Finding the children unattended she moves up to them, gathering some of their attention, and makes all the motions of a fingered whistle but with none of the sound. A creature that was much in the way of a cat with wings comes down and lands on her arm. She plays with the fur on its head and it lets out a light purr. It's purring increasing as she moves from the top of its head to its longer haired jaw. She squats down for her arm is in reach of the kids and motions the kid's towards the animal. "Its alright. He's friendly."

Anubis Dread
2014-04-18, 06:34 PM
The pale man's teeth clenched around his cigar as he turned to glare at the self-proclaimed paladin. "I didn't think it was all that 'divine' for a warrior of the gods to ask for coppers in exhange for such a grand task," he growled. "Trust me when I say I LIVE the divine, I BREATHE it. We will not be in need of healing from one who's veins to not run sublime. Or rather, it's rude to ask of for favors so pittling that if we needed them they would not trust us to be strong enough to perform our task."

He grunted as he chewed on his cigar. He'd snapped, but he HATED people interfering in his business, espcially over something so trivial. "In any case," he continued, turning back to the priest. "We aren't all here, but even if I was by myself I could likely destroy what lurks in that church. Open it up, and if any of the stragglers decide they have the balls to follow they can enter it then."

Shimeran
2014-04-18, 07:32 PM
"I'll be right beside you. I've already got what I need in hand."

While the door opens, he turns toward the priest "I don't really require payment at the moment. However, I will be looking for few solid workers to learn a trade or two. If you can put me in touch with some folks who there families can spare for a bit, I'd appreciate it. I'm an alchemist by trade, so right now I'm mostly looking for harvesters and foragers. If you have any particularly bright charges who might be interested in lab work, I'd be interestd in speeching with them."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-18, 07:38 PM
[roll0]

Olee looks at the homunculus with confusion, picking it up and examining it, never having seen anything like it before.

The children all scramble to pet and play with the cat.

"Master Dwarf, Crafters would be a huge boon to this town and I would gladly welcome Moradin's fellowship. There was never any question of paying for healing, I help as much as I can. And Master Marcus, the undead are numerous, you would be overwhelmed. I will unseal the church, but you must open the trap door after I have closed it again." He walks over to the church doors and says something in Celestial, a rune appears on the doorway and then vanishes, the door swings open and Franz steps aside allowing the others to enter.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-18, 08:31 PM
A little over cautious. If what was in that church was deadly enough that they couldn't handle it, there was no way a bit of wood and hallowed ground could keep them from bursting into the village and killing all within it. None the less, he might as well indulge the priests paranoia.

Taking a deep puff of his cigar, he dropped to the ground and ground it into the dirt, before stepping inside of the church.

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 09:57 PM
Natilee leaves the children to play with the bird-winged cat while she walks behind Franz. After he's done opening the doors she express a quick apology. "Pastor Franz, sorry for interrupting your time with the children. It have been hard to gather them all when there are so many things to do."

"You seemed certain that the fallen townsfolk have been imprisoned to undeath. Do you believe that the type of undead down there have the capability to spawn? Knowing what type of creatures we're dealing with could be useful. Any details you could recall about that terrible day could be lifesaving."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 12:30 AM
"The children need time to play, aside from school and helping their parents out with the farm work, there has been precious little for them to do in the way of fun. As far as the undead are concerned, there is no such thing as naturally forming undead. They were animated through magic. And I witnessed several men and women I knew personally fall and rise again. Necromancy is at work. Perhaps the work of Neurell." He scratches his chin and pulls out two wands from his belt. "These wands are filled with positve energy, they should be able to help you down there. I have plenty of spells in me to heal anyone who gets hurt up here so dont worry about taking those."

Acquired: 2x Wands of Cure Moderate Wounds CL 10

Inside the church is a 40 x 40 room with pews on either side leading up the aisle to a pedistal. Along the walls are stained glass windows depicting Pelor or something associated with him. The floor and the pews are dusty as they havent been used in some time. All in all, its a pretty standard set up for a church.

Roll Spot.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-19, 12:44 AM
There was a lot of dust for a new town. He guessed that showed what their priorities were, considering that they built a church before, say, a simple smithy. He'd wonder where all the corpses came from to, but he guessed that it was something to do with the goblin attacks. That or being pathetic was a fatal condition.

Marcus' eyes scanned the church.

[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 12:50 AM
You dont notice anything unusual about the church. Going further in you can see the mentioned trapdoor, hanging open. Clearly when the undead couldnt get out, they went back underground.

Roll Listen.

draconomial
2014-04-19, 01:06 AM
1st Move Silently - [roll0] Hide - [roll1]
Moving at full speed, moving silently, hiding, and invisible. All modifiers calculated in, Listen to detect.
As she slips past Franz to walk ahead of him into the church, Sora releases her invocation and shifts back into her dragonborn form, still invisible.
Spot - [roll2] Listen [roll3]
Sora looks up and around as she walks into the church, eyes open and enhanced to see the unseen, and the spatial waver that tells her that something she can see is actually invisible.

Mischief in her voice, Sora speaks up "This room could use some cleaning. When was the last time those doors were open?"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 01:10 AM
Franz glances in the church. "I could have sworn I just heard a girl in there. Marcus, you alright in there?" he asks.

Sora does not spot anything out of the ordinary, she doesnt hear anything either

Anubis Dread
2014-04-19, 01:33 AM
"If I were not okay I would not be able to answer now, would I?" Marcus replied wryly. He heard no such girl... or did he?

The hell?! The man started for a moment, before adopting a thoroughly unamused expression. "Cute trick, but I don't see how exactly it's necessary right now. You could be just as usefully invisible by hiding in a closet and closing your eyes."

[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 02:13 AM
Marcus would hear some footsteps in coming from the trapdoor along with a faint moan, confirming the undead are still here.

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 02:15 AM
At a mental command the winged cat flaps its wings with small amounts of dust arising from the struggle and becomes air born again. With the last stroke of its wings before it dispenses into the air it clearly says, "Kitty time is over."

Natilee takes the wands from Franz and puts them to the side of her hip were they just stick. "Thanks. We'll put them to use." Clarify as she steps inside, "When I said spawn I didn't mean as in through a natural sense I meant as in through infection. Turning. It's a shame you don't know what type of undead these are. I figured that's something you'd be good with.." Hm, Odd. She thinks.

Even if she was half heartily expecting a surprise from Sora it was still startling nonetheless. She gives an amused chuckle. "If you guys would give me a minute to prepare before we open the trapdoor there are some things I need to do." The back of her shirt once again produces items. The wiry lantern looks well-made but their doesn't appear to be anything special about it or the monocle. The hings are quite as the small door opens to Natilee's fingers and as she rubs a fine dust away from the suspended copper coin inside, illuminating the device. She grasps the monocle and pauses. "Uh, This may not be the best time to do what I was about to do. Now that I think about it. What's this about hearing a girl?."

Nattile grabs a wand from her non-existent belt and raises it to her head.

Metamagic Item, Persist (Infusion) + UMD to Activate Wand of Linked Perception (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-ii--80/linked-perception--2943/)
[roll0]

I didn't declare that I used this at the start of the day so I'll go ahead and roll for it now.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 02:46 AM
The wands power activates giving all three of them a +6 to their listen and spot checks.

Shimeran
2014-04-19, 05:03 AM
Sandrei slips into the building along side his new found companions. As he enters, circles around the edge of the pews, trying to get near the far side of the trap door where he will hopefull be less notable to the lurking undead.

Spot [roll0], Hide [roll1]

Sønderjye
2014-04-19, 07:48 AM
Venethrax

Before following Marcus into the church Venethrax quickly goes by the crown building and asks if people are ready to join the church cleansing. He figures combat to be good way to get to know his fellow adventures.
He then heads to the church

Entering the church he draws his greatbow

Not sure if this apply to Venethrax as well because he was late. regardless
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
How big it the trapdoor?

StormBorn
2014-04-19, 09:01 AM
And there lies the difference betwen a dovoted Soul dedicated to a truly devine being, and you...
Looking at marcus before entering the Church. Your ego its blinding, and surley you are devine, all mighty , but im just a mortal, and i dont think of my self as someone above the "common folk", like you do, Oh Great and Mighty-Lord.
And as such a mortal, anything... including a "pitty favor" means that they are willing to support us, that doesnt mean that we are Weak, but that we are brave, even in the chance of getting hurt we are willing to expose flesh and soul, for them and this town.
In the Union lies the strenght of a Town.

taking a look at the other fellow adventurers... shall we move on, and bring the one true death to those abominations?...

Dovh draws his Great warhammer and moves on to the church, ignoring any other comment. (Except if it comes from william, father Franz, or any common folk).

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Dov moves up next to the door, and casts shield of faith (+3) just before opening the trapdoor. for a total AC of 25.

ooops, previewing post and rolls doesnt work. I'll post them again, sorry for the double post.

StormBorn
2014-04-19, 09:07 AM
Listen : [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-04-19, 12:43 PM
It seems like the freak show was rolling into town. Not that that was a bad thing. The more messed up members of their party seemed to be the less annoying ones. Unlike this potato with a beard.

Shooting an annoyed look at the paladin, Marcus struggled with himself for a bit before bringing out another cigar and biting into it. "I don't consider myself above them," he grunted while be lit himself up. "Do you know how messy it is to have a subject pass you your wine when you're sitting above them and they spill it? And the wine stains too," he chuckled at his own black humor, taking a long puff.

He better not use any big guns just yet. He had no idea what they were up against. Still, it's not like the dwarf had a bad idea here. Muttering to himself, his right hand glowed with golden power for a similar shield erected itself around him. Plus he admitted to want to show the damn man up.

Marcus will also cast Shield of Faith (+3)

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 04:40 PM
To those of you who passed 15 on the spot and listen checks. You notice faint blood stains on the floor, old, from the battle the priest had mentioned. You also notice bloody footprints leading to, and from the trapdoor. Something patrols this area, but since the footprints are dry its impossible to make out a pattern or time frame. Those that made the listen check hear the same moaning Marcus did.

The trap door is about 10 feet across.

Sønderjye
2014-04-19, 08:07 PM
Venethrax

We don't know how many undeads we are dealing with. Assuming they don't have an actual leader they should react to noice and come to us when they hear us. Even if they all come at once their movement is limited if we just open the doors and make them come to us.

StormBorn
2014-04-20, 07:36 AM
Dov moves up slowly to the trap door, Greatwarhammer in hand... let them feel the heat of your forge, allfather. he talks to himself.
Its everyone ready? if no one objects... i open the trapdoor.

draconomial
2014-04-20, 05:25 PM
Sora pops back into visibility with a smile in her eyes. She strides around the room, tapping everyone with a small, wordless invocation. And then she stops a dozen feet away from the trap door.

With the trap door open, Sora says "Heads up!" She leaps overhead with a pump of her wings, and dives in through the trap door. Wings close against her, a line of pulsing blue lightning shoots from her mouth, both leading ahead of her and trailing behind her.

Jump - [roll0] for -10 ft. of fall damage, which she takes if she can't spread her wings in the spot she's landing.
[roll1] electricity damage in a line, Reflex 20 DC to halve. Only aimed at where she's landing.
Spot - [roll2]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-20, 06:53 PM
The trap door opens to a narrow stair case 15 feet down. Sora easilly jumps down the distance and lands it spraying lighting in a line. 4 zombies are struck by her breath and disentrigate immediately, but there are about 8 more in the small tomb she now finds herself in.

Roll Initiative.

[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-04-20, 07:08 PM
"Well, that was unnecessarily eventful," Marcus remarked wryly, preparing his right hand as he began to slowly advance on the trap door after the dragonborn.

[roll0]

Shimeran
2014-04-20, 11:29 PM
Sandrei crouched at the ready. If any undead popped out before he got through the trap door, he was ready with blade and fist. If not, he'd swing down and use the ever useful glitterdust to blind a nice chunk of them from just outside their reach.

Initiative [roll0].
If any zombies reach the trapdoor before he goes, he'll use his full attack and the free attack granted by Expert Tactician to deliver two Gray Ooze punches ([roll1] and [roll2] vs touch ac for [roll3] and [roll4] acid damage).
If the he gets to go before the zombies, he'll move down to just outside their reach and drop glitterdust (10' radius, will save dc 16 or blinded for 7 rounds) on a closest cluster which doesn't include any allies.

draconomial
2014-04-21, 01:02 AM
Leathery wings flapping, Sora turns tight corners as she tries to include all the undead in her slowing breath. The cone of grey air shooting from her jaws, she talks through it, "that should hold them down." Dust and debris fly from the beats of her wings.

Creatures slowed for two rounds. Fort DC 20 to reduce to 1 round. Slowed creature can take a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor can it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a –1 penalty to its Armor Class and on its attack rolls and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.
Sora flew 70 ft at eye level to everyone else, 35 ft of which she was breathing a 15 ft. cone.
http://i.imgur.com/f9JDZ.jpg

Sønderjye
2014-04-21, 05:04 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax will move until he has a clear shot. While moving he will recall of all his person and hatred, and channel this energy into his arrows. He will take his time and aim to put an arrow right through the eye of one of the undeads

Init [roll0]

Swift: Entering soul archery stance. Attacks count as evil and magic for the purpose of overcomming DR.
Move: In range of a clear shot
Standard: Using Sure Shot strike. gives +20 to hit and adds +4d6 dmg

To hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Assuming within point blank range(30 ft) in addition to[roll3] For a total of 29 damage.

Rolling for Crusader maneveurs
[roll4]

Anubis Dread
2014-04-21, 10:10 AM
Taking a puff of a smoke with his left hand, Marcus advances of the trap door, peering in.

"Sometimes a man really wishes he had a fireball," he sighed. As it was all the area of effect magic he had was a stun spell, and undead were immune to such attacks. Still, he could at least take one of the things down. Possible. It was best to test the extent of their power before committing any real resources to ending them.

Swapping his cigar from his left to his right, he raised his right hand before shooting two silvery bolts of pure magic at one of the enemies.

Magic Missile: [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 02:55 PM
The group of 4 undead which consists of 2 zombies and 2 skeletons do not seem bothered by the glitterdust. They advance on the dwarf lifting their rusted longswords and claws respectively. One skeleton stands in front of him, one to the side and one zombie to the side, the 4th zombie shambles past the dwarf towards the dragon out of the dwarfs range.

[roll0] Skeleton 1 to hit (Front)
[roll1] Skeleton 2 to hit (right_
[roll2] Zombie 1 to hit (Left)
[roll3] Skeleton longsword
[roll4] Skeleton longsword
[roll5] Zombie claw

The Dragonborn douses the undead with her slowing breath however she hadnt expected the dwarf to be there. He gets caught in the blast as well.

Roll Fortitude.

One of the hellbred's arrows pierces the head of one of the zombies and it falls to the ground unmoving.

The bolt of energy strikes one of the undead on the chest leaving a scorch mark but it didnt appear to do that much damage.

Elbeyon
2014-04-21, 05:35 PM
Undeads aren't immune to blinding nor will saves so glitterdust should get a chance to affect them.

The skeletons/zombie moved/charged up the stairs and are now engaged with the dwarf?

Natilee grabbed the right side of her belt and felt around for the clasp for her lantern. It made a satisfying clicking sound as the metal henge closed around its wiry handle. Sora practically jumping down the enemies throat her friend followed after, drawing her crossbow. Taking note of the type of undead as they went after the dwarfven flesh she moved off to the side of the large trapdoor and saw the straggling zombie fixated on its flying foe. On the opposite side of Marcus she rather enjoyed that the man retained his whimsy while in peril. Jesting back, "Here to help Sora with the heavy lifting? It's nice to have a bit of company I can finally relate to."

Move action to move to the trap door out of melee range of the undead (While drawing a crossbow). Move action load.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 07:27 PM
[roll0] Will Save for Glitterdust

Shimeran
2014-04-21, 07:49 PM
Feeling the arcane bonds dragging at his limbs, Sandrei summons words to his lips to counter it, hopefully spreading swiftness to himself and his allies.

Armor Class: (10 + 5 dex + 5 armor + 1 enhance + 1 natural armor) 22, so only the first skeleton hit for 6 damage. 70/76 hp.
Fortitude Save: [roll0]
Defensively casting Haste, which should dispel the slow effect as a side effect. I can spread it to 6 creatures, so I should be able to hasten the entire party.
Defensive Casting Roll: [roll1] vs DC 18

Sønderjye
2014-04-22, 02:41 AM
Venethrax

Feeling the surge of energy running through his body Venethrax lines up for a volley of force. Where the arrows hit they will cause small bright explosions of force, whirling dust up and scatter bones(or stones if apptopriate).
He is very dissatisfied that he has to kill perfectly healthy(or whatever skeletons are) minions. I mean I could even dress them up so they didn't look this distastefull. *Sigh* I guess this have to be what it is like to be good. Doing stubid things over and over because of some goodie god says so. He briefly reconsiders giving up this good bussiness but shivers at the mere thought of hell and dismisses the idea.

Swift action: thunderbolt does an additional 1d6+6 sonic damage.
Full round: Multiple shot strike gives an additional attack but all attacks are -2
All shots are still considered evil and magic for overcomming DR

Rolls
To hit/damage
[roll0] / [roll1] + [roll2] for a total of 22
[roll3] / [roll4] + [roll5] for a total of 24
[roll6] / [roll7] + [roll8] for a total of 28
[roll9] / [roll10] + [roll11] for a total of 28

Anubis Dread
2014-04-22, 09:34 AM
Marcus' eyes shifted to look at the warforged beside him, before grunting in approval. "Normally I'd wonder if I should take that as a compliment or insult coming from a construct. But considering most of our new 'friends' I'll take what I can get."

Pointing his left hand at the zombie that had taken the least damage, he decided to stop holding back and just end the damn thing. His finger glowed for a moment, before a searing ray of heat shot out at the undead.

Touch Attack vs AC for Scorching Ray - [roll0]
Scorching Ray Fire Damage - [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-04-22, 09:37 AM
Crit Confirmation Roll - [roll0]
Crit Damage Roll - [roll1]

draconomial
2014-04-22, 08:59 PM
Sora flies up and over the undead to land behind the skeleton in front of the dwarf. Sora shoots a fifteen foot cone of hot flame from her mouth, enveloping all four of them.

C Breath weapon damage - [roll0] fire - allies immune - Reflex DC 20 to halve
Hasted flying speed - 100 ft.
Hasted AC 20 - HP 112/112

StormBorn
2014-04-23, 08:24 AM
Dov, feels the hasted efrect running through his body, as he parrys the attacks from the undeads.

Then he takes his opportunity, and with a warcry he calls the power of Moradin and swings his great warhammer.

Fort: [roll0].

AC: 26
HP: 110/110

[roll1] vs the opponent in front of him. Dmg: [roll2]

[roll3] vs the opponent to the left. Dmg: [roll4]

[roll5] vs the opponent in front of him. Dmg: [roll6]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 02:15 PM
The undead surrounding Sandrei raise their respective weapons to strike again.

[roll0] Longsword
[roll1] Longsword
[roll2] Claw
[roll3] Longsword Damage
[roll4] Longsword Damage
[roll5] Claw Damage

The other three, move 15 feet towards the entrance of the stairs. Where they get hit with the Dragonborns firebreath and fall and burn to ash.

Marcus's scorching ray takes out one of the undead surrounding Sandrei, while Venethrax's arrows take out the other two.

All of the undead have been destroyed. They werent very tough, surely Ser Micheal and Pastor Franz could have easily taken these undead down?

There must be more here. The yawning gap of the wall draws your gaze, it looks like it was broken into from inside, something had burst through here, raised the undead and then left.

Each party member gained 200 experience for this battle.

Among the undead you find 50 gold coins and two bottles of what appear to be potions.

StormBorn
2014-04-23, 07:00 PM
Dov, takes a look around, making sure everyone is ok... then, he moves forward to the hole in the wall. Great warhammer ready, to crush enemies. shall we press forward?

Does my darkvision (90ft) allows me to see anything? Spot: [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 07:05 PM
You do not spot anything unusual about the room.

draconomial
2014-04-23, 07:56 PM
"Hold." Sora picks out the gold and vials of liquid and shoves them into the bag hanging between her wings. "I'll lead." She walks ahead of the dwarf, and then turns invisible after a wiggle of her fingers across her skin. "Zhin nurocuirgarh," she says in draconic.
Invisibly, she walks onwards into the hole. ", and watch your step."

Move Silently - [roll0]
Hide - [roll1]
Sora still has darkvision and the ability to see the invisible

Anubis Dread
2014-04-23, 08:35 PM
"Careful, monster. Invisibility does not equate to invulnerability," Marcus taunted as he decended into the pit. "Then again it saves me looking at you. And it puts another body between me and any enemy. Not sure how useful it will be when so many corpses can just sense the blood in what pass for your veins though."

Taking a deep breath of smoke, Marcus eyes drifted among his new 'companions' as he waited for others to take the lead ahead of him. "If anyone is too busted up I can patch them up. It seems as though those undead could have been made of beans and done more damage to our bowls than they ended up doing to our meatshields though."

Elbeyon
2014-04-23, 09:13 PM
Natilee lowers her aimed crossbow, never even firing a single shot. Perhaps she couldn't relate Marcus and her lack of fighting prowess considering he just fell an abomination with a line of fire. "Wounding you wasn't my intent so I think it's safe to call that something else." She shakes her head and lets out a sigh before looking back up. "It's a misfortune my weak illusion was failed by my own recourse. I was hoping people would associate my name with my other face. Oh well, the reveal is sooner than I would of liked but the outcome was inevitable."

She shifts her crossbow away from her dominate hand and plucks another wand from her backpack. Instilling it with magic she releases the charge when the rest of the group is in range and withdraws it again. Bless (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bless.htm) Each of her foot steps deliberate she carefully makes her way down the stairs and though she'd like to examine the cavern closer clocks continue to click and so she follows after the advancing party. Patting Sandrei along the way with a healing hand. "I'll identify all the items we get whenever our magics wane. Do try not to use unidentified items unless you can live with the consequences", she warns. "I'll stay in the middle of the group. Several of my magics require close proximity for them to be effective."

http://s27.postimg.org/yieme7a83/Natilee_T.jpg

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 09:39 PM
As Sora enters the hole she can see an underground tunnel going in each direction. She cannot see anything in either direction. The cavern roof is about 50 feet high and 30 feet across, plenty of room to maneuver or march as the situation calls for. The tunnel is carved from stone and dirt and is otherwise indistinguishable from any other underground tunnel.

There is one tunnel

Roll Spot and Listen.

StormBorn
2014-04-23, 10:44 PM
Dovkhor follows the crew in last position, taking carefull mental notes if anything from this room or tunnels seem ood. (Stonecunning ability).

When he finally arrives at the new room, he readies his great warhammer, ready for any surprises.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 11:26 PM
You recognize the tunnel as dwarf work, more specifically, this is a maintenance tunnel, which would explain its rough appearance. However the carving uses a technique not used for at least a century or more.

You spot footprints leading down on your left with some dried blood.

You hear some clanking noises coming from your right.

draconomial
2014-04-23, 11:51 PM
"Going right, let's go. Something coming, be ready." Sora walks on in silence after that, eyes darting back and forth.

Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]

Shimeran
2014-04-24, 12:11 AM
Sandrei paces near the front of the part, sticking to the walls when he can for cover.

2 hit from zombies for 10 damage. hp 60/76.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]

Elbeyon
2014-04-24, 12:25 AM
Who travels around Natilee? I know Sora is usually scouting but what about the others? It'd be nice to somewhat cement this kind of thing for people know how much to add to their Spot + Listen (Allies x2).

@Shimeran Natilee healed you for 8 HP.

Natilee takes her position surrounded by allies.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-24, 12:48 AM
Sora sees the foot prints and the blood leading to the left.

She hears the clanking but recognizes it as the sound of a mail covered footstep, it seems to be getting closer, coming from the right.

(Which direction is Sora moving in?)

StormBorn
2014-04-24, 06:56 AM
well, I think I was the last one to enter the room, since sora wants ro be the one in the front, I'll be the one guarding the rear, near someon with decent spots & listen,

Well.... this is something I havent seen in a while, somereally old technics, someone is coming from the right.... and there's our path, to the left. Lets move!

I move towards the left path with blood stains. Weapon in hand.

Elbeyon
2014-04-24, 07:21 AM
Closer to the dwarf in the back Natilee's face shows surprise when the dwarf heads a different direction than the partie's scout. "Uh oh. We've got a splitter here." Trying to get Sora's attention she waves her arm in front of her lantern a few times, creating a blinking effect against the walls. Hoping her unlocatable friend got the message she turns to gather the dwarf, following after him. "Dovkhor!" She says in a sharp but quite voice. "Others are already headed to fight. You should join them."

Shimeran
2014-04-24, 09:16 AM
Sandrei whispers "I can hide you folks, much like our scout, if you want to remain out of sight. You'll need to gather in close if you want that."

Sandrei can use Invisibility Sphere to grant invisibility to everyone within 10'. It will last 6 minutes if used.

StormBorn
2014-04-24, 12:29 PM
Why would we go in that direction? Its a tunnel right? Fighting in an open space gives us more options... besides, our trail should be this one, to the left, there are signs of blood spill in here... what say you Elbeyon? Should we go this way... or get stuck in a tunnel with the other?

Anubis Dread
2014-04-24, 04:48 PM
"I'm sure those of us without five hundred pounds of armor will appreciate fighting in an open field when the corpses flank us and gnaw our brains out," Marcus noted wryly, sticking with the group proper. Keeping as many of them between him and the sound as possible. "But by all means, continue on down the passage. If we plan to go down it later it's best to have someone else stumbling into any ambushes that might be down there. At least we know the clanking one is too stupid to stay quiet."

Elbeyon
2014-04-24, 04:54 PM
OoC: My characters name is Natilee.

"Dwarf! Would you abandon your battling allies for a conversation? Such insubordination!" Done conversing Natilee goes to take her spot in the middle of the group, leaving the dwarf if she has too. "Sandrei, while I'm sure that will be a useful tool later. I don't think now is the time."

Sønderjye
2014-04-24, 05:08 PM
Venethrax

As it becomes clear that everyone is set on going into the tunnel Venethrax starts moving into the tomb. He picks up any leftover srrows before going down while thinking: if thid idn't sn obvious trap. Why would anybody make "evil" undead and leave them hanging using up his gold and controlerlimit if it isn't to lure heroes into trap. And blood on the floor? That has to be the oldest trick in the book. he pauses thinking about how completely oblivious the paladin Throfor was and concludes that being stubid is a part of the job description before following the others

StormBorn
2014-04-24, 06:42 PM
Dov sees how, every body goes into the other direction, deep in his heart he belives its the wrong direction but, he wont let even more souls get currupted by this unholy place. He sees how natilee abandons him too, so he quietly, follows the rest of them.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-24, 07:51 PM
The party walks down the tunnel for what seems like an hour. Nothing changes, its just one long tunnel. The clanking noise doesnt seem to be getting any closer, it sounds like it could be just seconds away from reaching you, but it never does.

Roll a will save.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-24, 08:47 PM
"This damn clanking is pissing me off," Marcus admitted with a grunt, resisting the urge to pull another cigar out with his current one burned up a fair while ago. It was annoying, but not that annoying.

Will Save: [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-24, 08:58 PM
Marcus shakes his head and suddenly he doesnt hear the clanking anymore.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-24, 09:00 PM
"Huh, much better," he sighed, adjusting his cloak around himself as he looked around to see what might have caused the... wait a second.

"Alright," he went on in a frustrated tone. "Show of hands - who here still hears that bloody clanking?"

Shimeran
2014-04-24, 10:34 PM
Sandrei has been paying more attention to the walls than listening for any sounds. Clearing a bit of zombie gime from his ears, Sandrei tried to draw a beed on the sounds Marcus was talking about.

Just playing off the earlier abysmal perception checks.
Will Save: [roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-04-24, 10:57 PM
Let me see if I still hear anything before I reply!
Will Save
[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-25, 01:20 AM
Sandrei and Natilee stop hearing the noise.

Sønderjye
2014-04-25, 02:10 AM
[roll0]
Also did Ven find any arrows? I know the rules say ammunition is destroyed but a lotof GMa seem to have some houserules here

Elbeyon
2014-04-25, 02:44 AM
Marcus' questions and the sudden discontinuation of the noise puts Natilee on guard. An hours worth of marching had loosened her grip on her weapon, but now it's as tight as when they first entered. She scans the area in search for a reason to why the noise might have stopped. But, having a feeling her ears aren't at fault she lets out an exasperated and elongated, "**********. I don't hear anything. Did we just get whammyed?"

Reaching through her telepathic bound she tries to contact her messenger homunculus. And, if is within a miles range to check just how long has passed.

I'm assuming that everyone but Sora is in range.
Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

StormBorn
2014-04-25, 07:24 AM
Will: [roll0] +3 if vs a spell or spell like

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-25, 02:59 PM
The homunculus reports that it has indeed been an hour. It was around 2 in the afternoon when the party arrived in town and talking to William and the battle and the march all took around 5 hours, meaning its around 7 at night.

Dovkor and Natilee stop hearing the noise.

You dont hear or see anything around you except tunnel. It appears the sound was meant to mislead you.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-25, 03:19 PM
So, it looks like it had been a ruse. But what kind of ruse? He'd felt a tug against his mind, meaning the sound was both magical and mind effecting. But an illusionary sound wouldn't allow such a way to effect it, and he couldn't think of many if any illusionary sound creating spells that could move ahead of them. Then again, he was ignorant when it came to magic that wasn't his own.

"Seems like someone wants us heading down this path... I say indulge them," he grunted out. "Let's be honest - we were all going to go down here anyway eventually. Our mission is to kill all the walking corpses, and we can't tell where one is hiding if we don't look down every path. Might as well save time going back down here later and keep going until we find something to un-birth, so to speak."

draconomial
2014-04-25, 05:01 PM
Impatient, Sora fades back into visibility. Her white face is lit by orange fire behind her teeth. "You could all head back, maybe you should. Something might have slipped out of the other tunnel while we've been down here, while we've been distracted down here. But I'm going to pick up the pace and keep following this tunnel, even if it takes days." She leans against the stone wall.

Sora knows she can cover more ground without sticking to the others. "Natilee, you can have your messenger keep a vigil at the church until your reach the fork, and then send it to me once you reach it. Just in case I get into trouble, we'll be able to keep contact. What do you guys think?"

Unencumbered running speed is x4, and homunculi don't get exhausted. :smallbiggrin:

StormBorn
2014-04-25, 08:16 PM
Dov has been quietly walking down this path... but until now he realized that it could has been just an illusion, all day long.

Its there any chance this might all just be an Illusion?.. we have been walking all day long, in a tunnel underneath a church... with a haunting sound that seem not to have an origin.... dov aproeaches the walls.... [Stonecunning] its there a chance.. we have been fooled?

If this is an illusion.... Will: [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-25, 08:21 PM
The tunnel remains unchanged, its just a tunnel.

Elbeyon
2014-04-26, 08:26 AM
Humming once at the thought Natilee couldn't say she's comfortable with the thought being too far away to aid Sora in any sort of timely manner. Whatever little aid that was anyway. Without a thought her hands move to her hips, singling her discomfort. "I don't know. That sounds really risky. I don't mind if staying together means a few days or weeks of tunnel crawling. It'll will pass in a jiffy. If taking that level of precaution means keeping everyone safe I'm alright with that. We might end up sweeping back whenever we reach the end of this tunnel so it won't matter if somethings crawled back towards us. We'll get them anyway."

"AH! Why didn't we go to the tavern first?" She grumps. "I haven't even tried any of the local food and now I might not even eat for a few days!"

Shimeran
2014-04-26, 11:58 AM
Sandrei strokes his chin. "Actually, I'm beginning to suspect this passage may be a red herring. It's quite likely the sound was a ruse to draw people off course."

"As you said, someone wants us to go this way. I'm just not sure it's in our best interests to oblige them. If this was leading us to the center of their power, I'm except to have run into something before now. Given we're an hour out, it seems more likely that this is either a decoy or part of the illusion was to keep us from noticing something along the way."

Looking around at the group, he asks "Is anyone familiar with following tracks. The only other motive that occurs to me is this could be to lure bodies to the site for transformation, but that's quite a walk. If that was the case, we should see tracks of the victims going in and tracks of the undead coming back out."

As he says that last bit, he walks toward the front and search the ground for any previous signs of passage ahead of them.

Survival:[roll0]

Sønderjye
2014-04-27, 06:41 AM
Venethrax

The Hellbred is quite amused about this whole decoy. It has been a long time since he had been on this side of a trap.

Soras words peaks his interest. Facing Nitalee he asks: Do you have a messenger?. After hearing her complain he adds with a smile: No need to worry. Your promised meal will be waiting for you when we return.

Oh this eagerness to jumping to conclusions. It was excactly what made it so easy to trick adventures. Yes yes, the obvious conclusion is that something lured us away in an wrong direction. But what if whoever created the illusion want us to think that? Don't you find it interesting that the noice stopped now? It could have had us going for at least another hour. What if it wants us to believe we were tricked into going the right way and whatever is hidden is actually this way. Regardless whatever could have been in the opposing direction should be gone by now

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-28, 11:58 AM
Sandrei is unable to discern anything from the cavern floor.

As the group stands around and debates what to do next there is a faint light about 80 feet in front of them and approaching at a steady pace.

Roll Spot, Listen and Will (if desired).

draconomial
2014-04-28, 03:47 PM
When Sora notices the change in lighting, she spins around. She manipulates something invisible, and disappears.

Invisibility
Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]
Will - [roll2]

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 04:25 PM
"Against the wall!" Natilee follows her own words: moving to the wall, drawling a wand of silent image (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silentImage.htm) whilst wrapping her cape around her, and creates a small but very long pocket illusion hoping that the smaller angle will make them less noticeable.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Will
[roll2]

Shimeran
2014-04-28, 07:48 PM
Sandrei falls back, seeking the shadows of the cavern walls. He'll inch near the illusion Natilee created, ready to suplement with one of his own as needed.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]
Will::[roll2]
Attempting to hide along the cave wall. Will use silent image provided if possible. If it looks like he's about to run out of shadows, he'll burn a silent image of his own to extend the curves of the wall a bit so he can use it like a hunting blind.
Hide:[roll3]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-28, 08:01 PM
You can see a very real goblin walking towards you. He's green and about 3 feet high, average for his species. His motted brown hair is stuck to his head with sweat. He's carrying a VERY large backpack with a pole attached to it, hooked on the pole is the lantern. In his hands he appears to be reading a piece of paper. You can hear him muttering in goblin.

"Stupid....Undead.....keep showing up....got to get out.....need a break"

He walks a few more feet and then takes off his backpack, it falls to the floor with a THUMP. The goblin then sits against the wall, pulling out some rations and a waterskin, the piece of paper in his lap.

He has not noticed the party.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-28, 08:48 PM
Hmph... alright, he admitted it. His companions had come through on this one. They'd come up with a clever ruse on quite short notice, and it had resulted in them having a very potent edge against the enemy. Most notably that they could kill them before they even noticed they were there.

Of course it might be more useful to take them alive... he had to weight their options here. On the one hand, they could get additional information from the thing if they took it alive. On the other hand, it could also stab them in the back and run off with that precious piece of paper he was assuming was map.

Screw it. He had a hammer, and this was a nail - he was damn well going to use his hammer rather than prying the nail out of the wood with his teeth. Stepping out from the illusion, Marcus raised his left hand and blasted the goblin with red hot spellpower.

Scorching Ray:
[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] to confirm crit if crit.
[roll2] damage if hit.
[roll3] extra damage if crit.

[/spoiler]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-28, 09:03 PM
The goblin squeaks as it gets hit with the beam and runs behind the pack and uses it as cover. "No hurt please" The thing squeaks out in common.

draconomial
2014-04-28, 10:11 PM
Sora steps around the goblin's bag to get a better look at it, and exhales a cone of gas into its face, revealing herself.

No longer invisible
It makes a DC 20 Will save. Targets sleep for one round on failure, exhausted for one round on success.

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 10:16 PM
We have his attention. Now let's keep it. Concentrating on the spell she moves the wall that covered them from the goblins view to block the path he just came from. Cutting him off from a retreat.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-28, 10:31 PM
[roll0]

The goblin falls asleep.

Shimeran
2014-04-28, 11:15 PM
Sandrei eyes the newcomer carefully, should be remain standing at the end of the current onslaught, he had a few words of power on the tip of his tongue for this new "friend".

Readying Charm Person (DC 16 or become friendly) should the goblin remain standing.

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 11:33 PM
Natilee pulls a fifty foot knotted silk rope out of her cape and tosses it to where the unconscious goblin lays. "If you want to tie him up that rope is available."

Anubis Dread
2014-04-29, 12:25 AM
"I'd rather use it as a noose to hang it with," Marcus grunted, not lowering his hand. "We have no idea what this thing wants. Or is. It's a goblin, but for all we know it's the bloody necromancer behind all the corpses. Whatever the case, the only reason to keep it alive is to get information. And since it's a dumb goblin, we're going to get more information from what I'm assuming is it's map than it's fool head."

He had no idea how long this sleep would last, but he would kill the thing the instant it gave him reason to. Or when the other agreed to just kill it now, whichever came first he supposed.

Readying Magic Missile if the goblin wakes up and does anything Marcus could reasonably excuse as 'threatening;.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 01:23 AM
The goblin stirs awake, looking around at all the hostile faces around it. It immedately starts shaking in fear and puts its hands over its head. "Please no hurt Icabod. Icabod just treasure hunter, yes? Find tunnel to plunder, but nasty undead ruin it. Icabod get lost. Just wanna get out, please." The poor thing squeaks in common.

Sønderjye
2014-04-29, 05:21 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax makes a mental note to ask Sora how she is able to turn invisible all the time at a later point.

He feels something is wrong with all this. He can't shake the feeling off and tries to remember what he knows of goblins. But oh please goblin. Deny talking. I have missed a good interigation he thinks with his scary smile before remembering something. He bends slightly to the side and whispers to whoever is adjustent and asks discretely Is torture considered evil when it is being done to secure the safety of a good village?. OOC: I'm not sure how we stand so whoever has a good responds can pick this up.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Not sure what to roll will against but if neded [roll2]
WTF goblins are local?! :smallbiggrin: Knowledge(local), untrained: [roll3] or are the darkvision of goblin so common knowledge that the roll is irrelevant?
Sense motive to whatever the golin says [roll4] and to get a general hunch whether the goblin is trustworthy or not.

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 05:56 AM
Her lantern guiding her path again she starts to walk over towards the goblin. Plainly saying with a hint of dejection. "You're not going to like this Marcus. He did say something about undead. There's your reason." Her foot finds itself between the goblin and his bag and she plops to the ground. "Hello, Icabod. I'm Natilee. We don't know were we're going either. That makes us lost too. While we talk the others can look at your map." She grabs the piece of paper he was looking at before he was forced to drop it and offers it up to someone besides her. "Just a second." An iron flask and a bottle find her hands after she reaches behind her and is swiftly poured. Taking a sip before offering it to the little guy. "You seem like an odd sort. Let's hope you haven't grown past a taste for strong alcohol. You're a treasure hunter? That's interesting. What are you looking for?"

Waiting for him to fill in his part of the conversation before continuing. "We're actually down here to take care of these nasty undead. Any type of information you could give would be invaluable to us. Even worth guaranteeing your safety. And, knowing my friends your going to want that."

Sense Motive
[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 05:08 PM
The Map: http://imgur.com/RmHH9sY

"Odds and ends, trinkets, that sort of thing. Came to this tunnel about....." The goblin scratches his head trying to work out how long its been down here. "A week ago? maybe more? Explored, found some stuff, but nasty undead have been wondering around. Icabod mostly avoid them, fry undead when he cant. Was wondering when he ran into you." The goblin scowls and rubs where the scorching ray hit.

"You guys mean. "

The goblin is telling the truth as far as you can tell. Just an adventurer like yourselves looking for treasure in an abandoned tunnel.

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 06:44 PM
Taken aback at being called mean, his words stung more than they should. Simple honesty has a certain special bite to it. Her and that description don't really meet her view of reality though so she pushes the thought aside and gives a discouraging hum. "Yes, it'd appear so. There have been goblin attacks and raids in the local areas as of late. Animosity for goblins still runs high."

Stealing a glimpse of Marcus she goes back to the questioning. "What dangers have you run into while you were down here? If you know anything about undead would you tell us about the different one's you've seen." Doubtful. The cleric of Pelor couldn't even identify the type of undead that attacked him. "Ah! Let's handle the situation this way. Let's go over your map together and you can retrace your travels."

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 09:43 PM
The goblin looks down at her words. "Humans come to goblin land, think they can take over. Goblins fight, and lose. Humans win and build. Goblins retreat to mountains for safety. Icabod one of few warriors left, soon tribe dead or enslaved. Need money, Icabod volunteer for treasure hunting." He looks up at her. "Undead mostly zombies or skeletons, few can talk, dont know who leader is. Wouldnt want to."

"Why Icabod help you? You just kill him when he show you the map."

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 10:12 PM
"Is that how it happened? That's a tragedy that's been repeated far too many times.", She says sincerely. "There's nothing I could have done about that. All of that happened before I got here."

"I did hint to you your means for safety. I'll be more clear." She turns and points at Marcus. "This man with the fighting posture. He is a devout follower of the road god. An orderly god of trade. Marcus here wants the information you know. If you made a trade offering knowledge for safety he'd have to honor that."

"What do you say Marcus? Is a weeks worth of knowledge worth Icabod's live to you?"

Sense Motive
[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-04-29, 11:32 PM
Taking a brief moment to think, Marcus lowered his hand and reached into his cloak to pull out a fresh cigar and let up. Using puffing on it as an excuse to mull things over, he exhaled before replying. "My dear, I have nothing against goblins in the slightest. I respect them just as much as I do any other form of life," he replied finally. "If he can prove himself more useful as a source of information than a bloody smear on the wall or with a chain around his neck I say let him live."

"Also,"he went on, addressing the goblin directly this time. "I don't do double crosses. They're a pain in the ass to pull off without anyone knowing, they don't gain you anything half the time and it makes it less likely people will trust you later on. Granted if you do anything funny it would void our agreement and I would gladly disembowel you while you watch, but that's an entirely different story."

A devout follower of the road god... he supposed that was pretty accurate. It was mostly an angle to spin with the priest to get some leverage for some future dealings, but he did indeed worship Moquol. Though his power was slightly less based on devotion and much more... genetic.

No need for Bluff checks - Marcus is being completely honest through all of this.
Sense Motive on the Goblin - [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-30, 12:08 AM
The goblin scratches his chin for a few moments. "Icabod, would prefer not to be a bloody smear. He will show you what he knows. He does not know the way out however. He can show you where he's been."

The goblin is being honest with you.

You know that goblins can see in the dark.

Shimeran
2014-04-30, 11:22 AM
Sandrei slips in quietly along side the goblin, before speacking softly "Death or enslavement need not be your tribes only fates. While I can't speak for the town's previous actions, we are looking to shape it future. Your tribe could easily be a part of that future if they're open to peaceful trading."

After a moments pause, he continues "In fact, we could even start things off by getting you out of here safetly. There's an exit from these caves into the town. While I wouldn't recommend going that way yourself, we could safetly escort you if you choose to leave with us."

Making a move siliently check ([roll0]) because appearing seamingly out of no where can be entertaining. Making a diplomacy check ([roll1]) to smooth things over. Assuming he's Unfriendly, that's DC 15 to get him to indifferent, 25 to friendly. If he's already indifferent, that's 15 for friendly or 30 for helpful.

Sønderjye
2014-05-01, 09:20 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax assumes that the complete ignorance of his questions means that the group is of the oppinion that torture indeed is evil. It saddens him a bit. He feels like all the little fun things are the ones that will get him straight back to hell.

He is silently awaiting the goblin to share his information.

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 10:55 AM
"It sounds like things are settled. While you guys talk out the details I'll keep myself busy." She pushes off the ground leaving her flask with the goblin and pulls out a cloth cover that she lays on the ground. "Hey, Icabod. Since you're going to be joining us in town most likely, I'll need to check your items for contraband. Cursed magic items and the like. It looks like you've got a lot of stuff so take your time giving the others as many details as you can about this place. The good news is you get to have all your items appraised and checked for magical properties. That's worth a few thousand gold. You'll get everything back, I promise. As long as it's nothing dangerous." Though it's clear she's trying to be positive about the whole thing the discussions hasn't exactly put her in the best of moods.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-01, 02:32 PM
Icabod jumps Sandrei appears seemingly out of nowhere. A kukri appearing from the folds of his clothes, he then lowers it. Panting and clutching his chest. "AAACK. Dont do that. Nearly gave Icadbod a heart attack. Stinkin dwarf" He turns away towards Natilee. "Goods already appraised, you no look unless you buyin"

Anubis Dread
2014-05-01, 02:43 PM
"Buying?" Marcus asked, turning to attention as he looked at the goblin. "I'm certainly down for buying... just how much is your life worth, I wonder?" he went on. Pausing for a few moments, he took a long breath of smoke before exhaling. "Hypothetically speaking, of course. I would never think about simply killing you right here and now with a mere wave of my hand to claim whatever goods you think are worth helplessly clinging to. So to speak."

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 06:32 PM
Pressing fingers against her temple as if to relieve some pressure. "You don't need to threaten him every time he puts up resistance. He's a smart fellow. He'll understand once we better explain to him."

"This inspection isn't some type of special case. We're all going to go through it before we exit this place. As I'm sure you're well aware this place houses a great deal of evil. One misidentified item, cursed or otherwise, could lead to a whole mess of problems for innocent people. A knife that turns the most naive people into deranged serial killers. A potion that releases a miasma every night, poisoning the town. A dice set that steals people's youths with each roll. Only, an item could have a much much subtler effect that cause problems for generations before it's found out about. I'm not for a second going to let some unchecked items loose on an unsuspecting town. You'll get your stuff back; I just don't want anyone getting hurt." She hms, "Sora. Dovkhor. I'll identify the wands and potions we got while I'm at it." Reaching out toward the two her fingers motion towards her.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-01, 10:58 PM
Icabod scowls at Marcus. "You can try, /Human/ and you can say goodbye to help. I hope the zombies eat you first."

He points to Natilee. "Icabod like you, will allow to search through his stuff. But /HE/ doesnt get any" Points to Marcus.

He goes to his bag and opens it, theres a slight glow of light when he does so. The goblin upends the pack and various items fall out.

Three wands
one stave.
an axe
two swords
a set of platemail.
two pouches
and a bandolier of 4 potions.

Sønderjye
2014-05-02, 02:07 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax is moving the weight from the front of his feet to the back. This interrogation is proving itself to be increasingly tedious. His way of doing it is definitely faster and he was slowly losing his patience.

What does it matter which items he have? He asks before turning to the goblin with a hideous smile that is supposed to be friendlyIcabod, please share your what you know.

Assuming the Goblin answers with an incomplete answer Venethrax will ask how many undeads he has seen, if he knows when and how they started moving, what he know about the tunnel network, including what he knows about it. At some point he will a thing that bothered him from the start: And why are you walking around with a burning torch?

Elbeyon
2014-05-02, 03:47 AM
With Venethrax turned away Natilee's brow furrows at the question. She thought she made it pretty clear why she wanted to go over the items. The filled mat a better suit for her skills than hunting down undead. She was finally at a comfortable place. A set of specialty tongs guided by her hand sorts the goods from touching. Her index finger presses against her forehead as glowing symbols are etched in place. Iron in hand, a finely crafted monocle starts to examine the goods while the illusion wall to her side falls as her concentration ceases.

Natilee's going to be using a intelligence enhancing infusion as she identifies (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/identify.htm) (Don't forget CL on things!) the items, granting her an auto-success on the check. If for some reason it matters the order in which she'll identify the items:

Wand (From Priest), Wand (From Priest), Pouch, Pouch, Stave, Wand, Wand | Wand, Axe, Sword, Sword, Plate mail, Potion (From Undead), Backpack (Goblins) | Potion (From Undead), Bandolier, Potion, Potion, Potion, Potion, (A single thing the goblin is wearing; starting and moving down: Hat, face, neck, body, torso, ring, feet)

draconomial
2014-05-02, 03:56 AM
Sora looks unhappy. She doesn't trust the goblin, yet the people beside her have begun to converse with it. Shivers run up her spine as her irritation grows and the conversation goes on. "Careful, Natilee. I do not want any cursed items going off on you." Sora glares at the goblin. Evil isn't stupid, she knows; the cunning of a black dragon can be found in many beings.

Elbeyon
2014-05-02, 04:14 AM
In her own little world she's unintentionally oblivious to her friend's distress. She gives an automated, "Uh huh" to Sora's warnings as her mind is elsewhere.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-02, 09:37 AM
Hm, well now. This changed the situation a bit. Before they simply had to weight the creature's life against the information it had. Since taking it's life would net them nothing, while gaining information would get them something, letting it live was an incredibly good trade. However, now the goblin had loot. Loot it would likely want to retain. Even if all of these items were weak to the point of being cantrip based, they were STILL valuable and potent enough that they had to retain them. At this point, the only reason to let the thing live after it gave them information was the fact that some of his comrades might disapprove.

Of course if the goblin was well trained it may be worth keeping him as a lackey... if only to push him down hallways to test for traps. Taking a puff his cigar as he repressed his urge to just grab the thing's skull and squeeze until it popped, Marcus looked to his comrades. Let's see... there was one who had advocated torture. He appreciated their honesty and no-hold-bars attitude. And there was one who seemed to want to kill the goblin on principle. Wasteful, but that still meant they might want to be in his court if this became a mugging rather than an exchange.

Putting a hand on each of Sora's and Venethrax's shoulders, Marcus gently lead them slightly aside before whispering in their ears. "Be honest with me gentlemen, because right now your opinions are the only ones worth a damn. Do you really think whatever information or usefullness this goblin gives us down the line is worth letting it live so it can stab us in the back? Let alone letting it walk out of here with this haul when it could be ours for the taking. For the good of the town, of course. If some of these are useless enough to sell we could likely build a block of houses from the proceeds of one of them alone."

draconomial
2014-05-08, 02:44 PM
Sora brow arches into a frown. "No," she says. She whispers harshly "But even so, it shall live, for now. We should 'escort' the monster to the surface, and decide its fate tomorrow." Sora crosses her arms over her belly, and then looks over her shoulder at Natilee and the goblin.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-09, 12:02 AM
Natilee begins to look through the magic items.

Wands (From Priest) 2x Cure Moderate Wounds CL 10, 20 charges in one, 25 in another.
One pouch contains gold, (13,500 gp)
the other is empty.

Stave - Medium Staff of Swarming Insects

Wands (From Goblin)

Wand of Fireball - 0 charges CL 8
Wand of Hide from Undead - 1 charge. CL 8
Wand of Cure Moderate wounds, - 3 charges CL 8

As Natilee identifies the axe, which looks of dwarvern make, the handle and the blade glow with runes written along them.

Roll Decipher Script.

The Swords are non magical, one is a masterwork long sword, the other is an ordinary scimitar.

The Platemail is a +3 Platemail with "Protection from Drow" upon it. Wearing it gives drow a -3 to hit against the wearer. Also the wearer gets a +3 save against Drow Spells and Drow Sleeping Potions.

The backpack is a bag of holding.

Potion from Undead - Cure Light Wounds

Potions from Goblin - Neutralize Poison, Heroism, Enlarge Person, Magic Stone.

Icabod flinches away when you attempt to identify whats on him. "Hey whats the big idea?"

Elbeyon
2014-05-09, 01:47 AM
Chuckling, "I had a spare minute." Natilee goes over the list of the different properties of each item. "None were inherently malicious; however, curses are subtle... I won't guarantee that none are cursed. Oh, and the dwarvern axe was inscribed with magic runes. I'd need more time, looking at that one specifically, to decipher them. Perhaps as the day comes to a close I could get another look. As promised an valuation worth nearly two thousand gold for free." Grinning at that last bit, not because the price was noteworthy, but because it was only her first day here and she got to play around with some new magic items.

Hands behind her head. "Hopefully, our first week was well spent exploring. What did we learn?"

Shimeran
2014-05-09, 08:58 AM
Sadrei grunts, ..less than I'd like. We know something has been enchanting these tunnels, but we still don't know what or who. Honestly, the biggest find might be that there's a goblin tribe on the ropes in the mountains. If they're open to trade, that could help quite a bit."

Turning to Ichabod, he says "Out of curiosity, what do your people know of mining? I'd imagine your quite comfortable undergroud, so perhaps you know something about prizing out the treasures of the earth. There are also certain herbs we could use, if your folk know where to find them."

Anubis Dread
2014-05-09, 12:18 PM
"In addition, the enchantment itself is pretty bizzare," Marcus noted as he temporarily looked up from his little huddle, eyeing the magic items. He wondered what they'd turned up as? Well it wasn't like they wouldn't be getting them one way or another eventually. "It created a sound, and concentrating made it bugger off. But I don't know about you lot, but I've made my mind like an iron fortress when it comes to anything getting in," he tapped his head with one finger. "The fact that something COULD get in without even registering, yet be dismissed so easily later on is... strange. And worth worrying about if whatever this thing is can infiltrate our mind without us even knowing until hours later. Unless it was an illusion, but then that's even bloody worse. I hate illusionists."

Turning back to the huddle, Marcus thought for a moment before replying in a whisper. "A fair point, but let's be honest here. If we're going to kill the thing, it's going to be a lot less messy doing it down here. Not witnesses outside of our own crew, no legal ramifications since this isn't really a part of the town... it's clean, and I like clean."

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-09, 06:35 PM
Icabod looks an Sandrei wondering if he should bother responding to the dwarf. In the end he decides he might as well.

"Icabods people have always been....oppertunists. Why mine yourself when others can do it first? This ruin has proven quite profitable. Icabod has learnt where several mines are located, perhaps when we get out of here, we can work out a trade route, yes? Make it profitable for all parties?" He taps his skull. "Mines not marked on map, only in Icabods head, if you kill him, you'll have to find them yourselves, insurance, yes? We do know something about herbs."

Roll Listen

[roll0]

Shimeran
2014-05-09, 08:20 PM
Sandrei nods, "I'm sure we can work something out. For that matter, we may even be able to fid some buyers for what you salvage from the ruins, if you don't already have them. In fact, we could probably send the appraisal on some of what you've got here and see if we can stir up any interest. There would likely be a little transaction cost, but still plenty of room for profit give the low cost of finding the stuff in the first place."

Listen - [roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-05-10, 01:10 AM
Hming at the ongoing conversation between Sandrei and Icabod. "Didn't Deputy William mention something about wanting to start up a mine? He'll be interested in the idea. If relations between the ... our town and Icabod's family could be worked out, it'd be a sigh of relief for everyone."

Listen
[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-11, 06:42 PM
Icabods ears twitch and he looks behind him. "There is something coming. Icabod hears something." He quickly puts all the objects back into his bag of holding and puts it on his back. "Let us go"

Shimeran
2014-05-12, 09:46 AM
Sandrei mutters "We'll see if this a real sound or more phantom trickery." as he fades back into the wall.

Hide [roll0], Move Silently [roll1] (in case I need to get moving), and Will [roll2] (in case I need to resist the sound that or may not be there).

Sønderjye
2014-05-12, 02:13 PM
Venethrax

Behind the smiling fasade Venethrax is deeply troubled. The big stubid paladin weren't consistent on the point to kill or not to kill. He sometimes spared, sometimes killed his lackeys seemingly random. Living lackeys that was.

[roll0]

draconomial
2014-05-12, 07:43 PM
Sighing, Sora tells Natilee, "I don't know. But yeah, let's go."

She starts walking up the tunnel in the direction the group came from.

Always seeing invisibility
Listen - [roll0]
Spot - [roll1]

Elbeyon
2014-05-12, 08:13 PM
Gathering her things, she returns the items borrowed back to Sora and the dwarf. Questioning the sighing as she moves up alongside her draconic friend. "I did it again, didn't I? I went and played the white knight without thinking." Giving a small apologetic gesture, "I'm sorry! I'm not a very good berk.... I'll try to remember where we are in the future."

"At least we can call it a day, eh? What do you want to do when we reach the surface?" A grin on her face, her crossbow in her arms, and without a worry about whatever sounds everyone else is talking about.

Listen
[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-12, 08:52 PM
The sounds are very real and are approaching rapidly. Icabod is running full speed past the party in a panic. None of the party know why the little goblin is spooked. (Because none of you made the listen check, maybe Spot will serve you better, roll Spot)

draconomial
2014-05-12, 09:34 PM
"You little ****," Sora growls as it passes by her.

Sora lunges towards the goblin and a cone of white smoke shoots out of her mouth, enveloping the creature before dissipating. "Why the hurry?"

Sora is at least ten feet behind the goblin.
Goblin is slowed for 2 rounds. A successful Fortitude save against DC 20 reduces the duration to 1 round. A slowed creature can take a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor can it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a –1 penalty to its Armor Class and on its attack rolls and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment).
Always seeing invisibility.
Listen - [roll0]
Spot - [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-05-12, 09:57 PM
So, the goblin was running. Likely in response to some danger only his keen goblin ears could detect. As such it was best to follow the blighter... but first, the goblin was running. He was illegally escaping their custody. As such, it was only the lawful and righteous thing to prevent him from being a threat to others. So to speak, in any case.

"He's betrayed us! Stop him, quickly!" Marcus warned, darting forward before throwing a shot of energy with his left hand.

Spot - 120+6
Magic Missile -
....Bluff - [roll1] >.>

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-13, 12:29 AM
Sora hears the click clack of what appear to be claws coming from the direction behind them, something is crawling along the ceiling towards them, but she is unable to see the source of the commotion. Her gust strikes the goblin. And he's slowed down.....at least until he begins chanting in goblin. Once he finishes the chant, he resumes his top speed. The magic missles hit him but he doesnt slow down.

"Hungry beasts coming." he calls back behind him.

Roll Spellcraft to find out what he did.

[roll0] Reflex

Elbeyon
2014-05-13, 05:27 AM
Hearing screams of betrayal while the little goblin runs past her she lets out an exasperated, "Why, Icabod?" Easily catching up to the slower, smaller creature she stands in front of him, her crossbow in one hand, ready to halt his movements if his running continues.

Checks!
Spellcraft
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]
Listen
[roll2]

Run in front of Icabod
Full-Round Action: Run action to get ahead of Icabod

I'm not even sure if a bluff is required for that statement Anubis Dread. :smalltongue:

Shimeran
2014-05-13, 05:37 AM
Sandrei is following the party, clinging to what cover he can as he advances, with a spell on his lips if he needs to extra coverage. "Folks, I think we may have a more pressing danger than a run away goblin."

Spot [roll0] (assuming linked perception around 6 due to party spread). Keeping stealth rolls from last time. Ready to cast a visual illusion if a place to hide is needed

Sønderjye
2014-05-13, 04:41 PM
Venethrax
Venethrax

The actions dismiss the fog in Venethrax's mind and he returns to one of his most enjoyable states of mind. The state of imposing pain. With a loud clear voice he shouts to the GoblinIf you take one more step I will shoot you so full of arros that make a pincushion will envy you while he raises his bow and readies to shoot the goblin if he doesn't stop running. He almost sounds as if he hopes the Goblin ignores his threat.
To be sure he ill hit he will switch to hawk sight.

Move: Draw bow
Readies attack
Swift: enters Hawk's Eyes Stance
Free: Speech

Spot: 1d20+2
Intimidate: 1d20+13
Attack roll if applicate: 1d20+16 and damage if applicate 1d10+10

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-13, 09:09 PM
Suddenly it became apparent as to why the goblin starting running away. A cone of....something washes over the party starting to slow their movements. Several dark shapes drop from the ceiling onto Venethrax, Natilee, Marcus, and Sora. The shapes are draconian but you are unable to get a good look at them before they sink their teeth into you (or at least attempt to)

You were unable to determine what spell the goblin used.

Because the creature jumped on Venethrax it caused him to launch his arrow wildly completely missing the goblin

Roll Will to resist the cone.

Roll Knowledge Arcana to figure out what the creatures are.

Roll initiative for after the Surprise Round

Roll Grapple to get out of the creatures grasp (if needed)

[roll0] Grapple.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-13, 10:14 PM
Bloody hell, he was hoping whatever the goblin was running from would take a bit longer to show up! And would be more attracted to the people with a little more meat on their bones. Or what passed for meat for some of them. As it was he was in a damn pickle now.

"Screw off," he cursed at whatever was grabbing him, struggling to get it off.

Opposed Grapple - [roll0]
Will Save - [roll1]
Knowledge: Arcana - [roll2]
Initiative - [roll3]

draconomial
2014-05-14, 02:46 AM
Sora cries out, "Wretched spawn of Tiamat! Die!" Then she breathes a line of purple gas arcing with electricity over herself, her attacker, and her nearest ally, and their attacker.

R Breath Weapon - [roll0] lightning damage. I'd say Reflex DC 20 to halve damage, but it's probably even harder to dodge with the grappling and whatnot. Allies immune.
Will - [roll1]
Knowledge (arcana) - [roll2]
Initiative - [roll3]

Elbeyon
2014-05-14, 06:57 AM
Since the creatures are falling to the floor as a free action, and the ceiling is quite tall if I remember correctly, wouldn't they take damage and fall prone? :smalltongue: They aren't actually moving down since they spent their one surprise action to grapple; they would literally be falling. (Discounting special attacks I don't know about of course!)

Grapples require a touch attack to initiate.

Poised to knock icabod down the falling creature was a surprise, "What the..."

Resisting this things efforts to ensnare her, she moves her body in such ways to make it more difficult. Full on laughing at the stupidity of the situation, "Oh, I guess this is why you were running."

Will Save
[roll0]
Will Save to Disbelieve
[roll1]
Knowledge Arcana
[roll2]
Initiative
[roll3]
Grapple
[roll4]

Sønderjye
2014-05-14, 09:10 AM
Venethrax curses as the creature touch him. He will try to wriggle free. If he manages to move free he will mve as far away from the other creatures as possible.

will [roll0]
Knowledge, trained. [roll1]
Init [roll2]
Grapple check to not get grappled in the first place [roll3]
Escape artist(standard action) if he is indeed grappled [roll4]
If he manages to get up he will use archers evasion (swift) to avoid provoking attack of opportunity.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-14, 10:17 AM
The creatures have wings, when they dropped on you it landed from flight, and the grapple check was supposed to be against your touch ac, I apologize if that wasnt clear, but i dont think any of you have a touch AC thats higher then 22

During your years of study, you had studied a book called the Dracnomicon, unfortunately, during the chapter these creatures were covered, you were zoning out, you recall that they are called ambush drakes, you know they can fly and hunt in packs, but you dont remember anything else.

Natilee and Marcus fall under the of the cone, their movements are slowed. (Slow, 7 rounds)

[roll0] To Intiate the Grapple if they beat your touch AC.
[roll1] to dodge Soras breath weapon
[roll2] Initiative (The drakes move as one)

Elbeyon
2014-05-14, 10:55 AM
OoC: So the only new thing I learn is their name :smalltongue:.

Fully under control the control of her opponent's physical might she looks over the icabod while fighting off her attacker, "The exit is over an hour away, guarded by the town; We'll be killing these ambush drakes now." With a wink she teleports out of the drake's grasp, aims her crossbow at its back, and fires a bolt.

Swift Action: Use the Anklet of Translocation to teleport 10 feet away.
Standard Action: Shoot the ambush drake that use to have her grappled.

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-14, 11:37 AM
The drake hisses as the bolt sinks into its flank. It had flown into the air when Natilee had teleported out of its grasp. It gnashes its teeth and shakes its head, confused as Natilees skin didnt taste like flesh to it. It flies up into the darkness of the ceiling.

[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-05-14, 12:21 PM
Bloody stupid... bat... lizard... things with their stupid claws and their bloody grappling and slows and...!

"I SAID. SCREW. OFF!" Marcus growled at the thing attacking him, his right hand clenching as the cigar dropped from his mouth. His words echoing with power.

Concentration - [roll0]
DC 15 against Command (Flee). No failure chance due to grapple as there is no somatic component.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-14, 02:32 PM
[roll0]

To all those who failed the grapple check: As the teeth of the drakes sink into your flesh you feel a burning sensation. Roll Fortitude.

The Drake holding Marcus lets go of him and flees, provoking an AOO.

Shimeran
2014-05-14, 09:04 PM
Sandrei shuddered as the mists passed over him. Focusing his will, he hurls his image at drake on the ceiling, hoping to keep it from striking again, at least for a little while.

Not sure if my position hugging the wall at the back and likely unseen was in the cone. If so, [roll0] for the will save. Not trained in Knowledge Arcana, but if the check is still allowed [roll1]. Initiative [roll2].
Casting Blinding Color Surge from the shadows. That's a will save, DC 17 (+1 from cloaked casting) of the target is blinded for 1 round. Either way, I get 7 rounds of invisibility. If will likely be broken before then by an attack, but that will help me get in position.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-15, 12:09 AM
"Yeah, that's what I thought. Wanker," Marcus spat after his assailant, kicking its hindquarters as it sought to escape.

AoO - Monk's Belt unarmed strike - [roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.
Fort - [roll2]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-15, 06:37 PM
The Drake squeals as its struck but continue its fleeing. The Drake on the ceiling is caught by surprise by Sandrei's spell. As the Drakes tangle with the party their eyes begin darting around looking for the source of the spell.

Venethrax feels the burning sensation starting to spread through his veins.

[roll0] dexterity damage
[roll1] spot
[roll2]will

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-16, 01:49 PM
Venethrax remains uneffected by the cone of slow.

He struggles to throw off the drake, and ALMOST makes it, but to no avail, the creature clamps its jaws down harder and refuses to be budged.

Roll Fortitude.

[roll0]

draconomial
2014-05-17, 03:22 PM
With another breath, a cone of hot fire shoots from Sora's mouth.
My flames cleanse, the honor of scale kind be upheld.

C Breath [roll0]fire damage in 15 ft cone. Reflex DC 20 to halve
Fortitude - [roll1]
Spot - [roll2]

Sønderjye
2014-05-17, 03:45 PM
Venethrax

Venethrax screams at the poison corrupts his nerve system. He had almost forgotten how a living body experience pain.

He will repeat the previous action.

Same rolls as the last action except with a new opposed escape artist [roll0]

Shimeran
2014-05-17, 07:01 PM
Muttering the words of a swiftness charm, Sandrei moves into position next to Venetrax, performing an acid fueled sucker punch to the drake as he slips out of invisibility.

Casting haste to speed the party back up. That not an attack, so invisibility should remain while he moves. Once in position, he'll trip Expert Tactician to use oozy touch for [roll0] to hit (with no dex bonus) for [roll1] acid damage.

Elbeyon
2014-05-18, 04:49 AM
Feeling the grimy fog dissipating from her body she grabs an arrow from her back and safely tucks it into it's slotted position on her crossbow. Looking for a drake that isn't engaged, if it's injured even better, to fire her bolt at. If she manages she'll let loose another arrow, otherwise she'll hold her attack back for whenever one appears out of the shadows or flees towards the darkness.

Free: 5 foot step closer to the party.
Free:Spot
[roll0]
Move: Reload
Standard Or Ready to: Shoot
[roll1]
[roll2]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-19, 01:30 PM
[roll0] Opposed Escape artist check to Venthrax
[roll1] Reflex to dodge the firebreath
[roll2]Grapple check to do damage to each of the people still grappled (Sora and Venethrax)
[roll3] Damage if the grapple continues

Both Natilee and Sora see two more drakes on the ceiling.

Venethrax does not escape the grasp of the drake.

The drake does not dodge Soras flames and eats the entire firebreath, causing it to let go and drop to the floor. It manages to land on its feet.

The drake on venethrax bites down harder into Venethrax in an attempt to do some damage.

Shimeran
2014-05-19, 07:19 PM
Seeing the drake still distracted, Sandrei proceeds to lay down a flurry of biting punches.

Full attack agains foe denied dex bonus for 3 attacks. Assuming oozy touch counts as a weapon for haste, that's 3 oozy touches so attacks are vs touch AC with no dex bonus (likely 10 to hit).
[roll0] vs flatfooted touch AC for [roll1] acid damage
[roll2] vs flatfooted touch AC for [roll3] acid damage
[roll4] vs flatfooted touch AC for [roll5] acid damage

draconomial
2014-05-20, 01:07 AM
Sora warns, "Eyes on the ceiling!" Sora steps to the side, and from her mouth flows another line of purple gas arcing with electricity over the drake in front of her and one of the drakes on the ceiling.
"Thekrel! Waph ihk Bahamut. Majak svern usv loreat."

R Breath Weapon - [roll0] lightning damage. Reflex DC 20 to halve damage, again. Allies immune. [roll1]
Intimidate - [roll2]

"Repent! Live for Bahamut. Give up or die."

Sønderjye
2014-05-20, 03:08 AM
Venethrax

Venethrax screams in pain as the teeth sink into his neck.
He curses in infernal realising how unaware he is with this body's capability. He concentrates for a brief moment before disappearing. As the drake confused looks around it spots him moving away from it.

Opposed Grapple [roll0]
Standard action Shadow Jaunt 50 away from the creature.
More: Move 30 ft away from the combat.

Elbeyon
2014-05-20, 06:18 AM
"I see them." After a quick pulled lever or two Natilee raises her reloaded crossbow and lets a third bolt loose towards the weakest looking ambush drake. No clue where Venethrax jumped to she shouts, "Venethrax. Do you need help?"

Move: Reload
Standard: Shoot
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-22, 02:01 PM
Sandreis first swing misses, but his two other hits connect with the drake holding Venethrax, it squeals in pain as it feels the touch of acid. It then makes a surprised noise when Venethrax shadow jaunts away. Its spreads its wings to catch itself in the air.

Natilee shoots the Drake that Sora had hit with her firebreath, the bolt pierces its side and it squeals in pain.

The Drakes begin to retreat. The one that had dropped off Venethrax begins flying backward provoking an attack of oppertunity from Sandrei.

The one that was grappling Sora begins crawling away. Provoking an AOO from her.

[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-22, 02:03 PM
[roll0]

Reflex for the drakes.

The Drakes on the ceiling get hit with Soras breath weapon and growl in pain. But they do begin retreating, turning around and crawling back into the darkness of the cave.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-22, 02:57 PM
"These things are really pissing me off," Marcus growled, looking around for a target. Any target... those two would do.

Flicking his right hand in the general direction of the enemy, a loud booming sound was heard as the enemies bodies were rattled from the force of the attack.

First Damage Roll - [roll0]
Second Damage Rolls - [roll1]

They both must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude Save or be stunned for one round.

draconomial
2014-05-23, 11:19 AM
Sora agrees silently with Marcus, the drakes dared to ambush them and now want to flee. She's not going to let them, no. Kicking off the ground with a flap of her wings, Sora is grazing the ceiling with her chest when she faces downwards to release a controlled flow of heavy white smoke over the fleeing drake. Sora flies further down the tunnel, flying a corkscrew through the tunnel while filling it with the quickly dissipating smoke. Sora touches down close to Venethrax with a flourish, and elemental lightning visibly arcing behind a grimace. "Ergriff jiil craxi, clax ir." Sora repeats herself, "majak svern usv loreat."

Breath effect: All creatures breathed on are slowed for two rounds. Fort DC 20 to be slowed for one round. Allies immune. Slowed creatures move at half speed, and cannot take full round actions. A slowed creature can take a single move action or standard action each turn. -1 to AC, Attack rolls, and Reflex.
Intimidate - [roll0]

"Only two choices, pick one." " Give up or die."

Sønderjye
2014-05-23, 12:12 PM
Venethrax

Oh no, you are not getting away you pathetic collection of scales Venethrax says as his grin smile shows the teeth halfway up to his ear. He aims his bow and fires at the drake that sinked it's teeth into him. He will keep shooting at the same target even if it drops.

Swift: Thunder bolt boost. +1d6+6 force damage this round.
Full-action: Multiple Shot
Current active effects aside from above is Haste and Hawk eye stance(giving +2 to hit). In addition he activate devil's favor twice on the last attack. Given my doubt I will assume that all enemies is within 30 ft of me. If this is not the case give all attacks and damage(edit: only the ones with piercing damage) rolls a -1
Note that even if targets is moving away from Venethrax away I they will have to be over 260 feet away before my range is increased
1d20+15 18 and damage if applicate [roll0] piercing damage in addition to [roll1] force damage for a total of 25
1d20+15 33 and damage if applicate [roll2] piercing damage in addition to [roll3] force damage for a total of 23
1d20+15 25 and damage if applicate piercing damage in addition to [roll5] force damage for a total of 20
[roll]1d20+14 32 and damage if applicate [roll6] piercing damage in addition to [roll7] force damage for a total of 28

Editted the rolls from the OOC in to make it easier to spot.

Sønderjye
2014-05-23, 12:40 PM
If he doesn't hear a bumb immediately after he used his last arrow he will fire another projecting all his anger and hate into this one shot. His anger is so intense that the air arround him shimmers, making him invisible before the shot it made.

Swift: Cloak of Deception. greater invisibility for the round
Standard: sure shot strike
Not including point blank shot in this one.
[roll0] and damage if applicate [roll1] in addition to [roll2] for a total of 22

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-23, 02:14 PM
The Drake that had grappled Venthrax falls out of the air looking like a porcupine as its stuffed full of arrows.

[roll0] Fort to avoid Stunning
[roll1] Fort to avoid Slow.

The Drakes shake off both effects and they let off a noise that sounds as if they were laughing. The three remaining drakes are joined by a forth, presumably the one that had been commanded to flee.

The four open their mouths and their own breath weapons wash over the party.

Roll 4 will saves

Elbeyon
2014-05-23, 02:32 PM
OoC: I'm assuming that I'm out of the breath range since some of the forward attacking party members are over 60 ft. away from me.

Of course everyone can see in the dark expect for me. Natilee runs after the sounds of battling while watching the illuminating path, careful of any sharp drops.

Full-Round Action: Run
towards drakes and past them if I've got enough speed.

Sønderjye
2014-05-23, 02:32 PM
Venethrax

Venthrax run to the drake that he just shot down. He will stap it multiple times to satisfy his anger.

Shimeran
2014-05-24, 10:46 PM
Bracing under the fury of their breath, Sandrei snarls back "Let's give them a taste of their own medicine." before hurling an arcane curse their way.

Casting slow (DC 17). It should chain enough to hit them all.
Not for the Will save swarm: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-26, 04:24 PM
As Natilee moves forward the four drakes come into view.

Venthrax's blade bounces off the scales of the drake.

[roll0] will save to not get slowed

Sønderjye
2014-05-27, 05:55 AM
Venethrax

After finishing stabbing the drake Venethrax cools a bit don't and his anger turns to a burning desire for vengence. Just like in the old days. Let's follow them! He says to the group before heading after the drakes.

Shimeran
2014-06-07, 09:04 PM
Sandrei moves back toward the wall, trying to keep both Venethrax and the rest of the path in sight as they advance.

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-09, 07:57 PM
One drake flies 15 ft towards Venethrax.

Two fly towards Sandrei.

One flies towards Sora.

(Due to a mistake on my part, the Slow effect that was supposed to be applied earlier, will apply here instead)

Shimeran
2014-06-10, 09:01 AM
Seeing the beasts turning on him, Sandrei launches a cloud of gleaming motes toward their unprotected eyes.

Casting Glitterdust for a DC 16 will save or blinded for 7 rounds.

Anubis Dread
2014-06-10, 11:14 AM
They were still bothering to put up a fight? So be it. He needed a bit of target practice anyway.

Flicking out with his right hand, another burst of sound encompasses as many of the enemy as possible.

[roll0] sonic damage to enemies caught in the 10ft radius spread, and stunned for 1 round unless they succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude Save)

Sønderjye
2014-06-11, 04:27 AM
I was hoping they came back Venethrax says with a grim smile. He drops his sword and draws hiw bow before shooting.

Swift: If this is a new combat he won't use his swift, If it isn't he will use Divine Recovery to recover sure shot.
move: draw weapon
Free: 5-feet step back
Standard: Initiating sure strike: to hit [roll0]. Damage [roll1] in addition to [roll2]
Still in hawk eye stance.

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-13, 02:30 PM
[roll0] fortitude.
[roll1] will.
[roll2] attack roll on venthrax as his drake has reached him (If not blinded or stunned)
[roll3] attack roll on sandrei as his drake has reached him (If not blinded or stunned)
[roll4] attack roll on sandrei as his drake has reached him (If not blinded or stunned)
[roll5] Venthrax's drake
[roll6] sandrei's drake 1
[roll7] Sandrei's drake 2

Venthrax's arrow sinks into the chest of one of the Drakes, it hisses as it advances towards him before being struck by the two spells. The drakes shake off the spell effects but still sustain damage from the sonic attack. One flies right in front of Venethrax and bites him. The two others reach Sandrei and also bite at him. The last one flies towards towards Sora, above the heads of everyone, now much faster as the slow has worn off.

If you were struck by the drakes, roll fortitude DC 17 or take 1d6 dex damage

draconomial
2014-06-14, 02:33 AM
"Give me speed," Sora says, triggering a spell that hastens her movements noticeably. Ignoring the drake nearest to herself and Venethrax, she flies low to the ground to scorch the drake flying overhead and the two drakes by Sandrei. She lands behind the drakes, flanking one of them in comparison to Sandrei. It's almost dizzying, moving around in such a small space this quickly. The flames in her mouth shed a dim light from behind her teeth. "I've got you. They're not leaving alive!"

C Breath Weapon - [roll0] fire damage. Reflex DC 20 to halve damage. Allies immune. Attacking 3 drakes; the one flying overhead and the two by Sandrei.
R Breath usable next round.
Armor enchantment activated. Haste for 1 round. Two more charges remaining. +1 to AC/Reflex and +30 ft movement.

Shimeran
2014-06-15, 01:17 AM
Muttering the words to a protective charm, Sandrei calls illusory forces to him.

So that's 1 hit for 7 damage and fort save of [roll0]. Defensively casting Mirror Image (conc. [roll1]) for [roll2] images.

Sønderjye
2014-06-15, 09:41 AM
Venethrax screams but his anger burns out the venom. He then moves slightly back before raising his bow for another volley.

free: 5 ft step back.
Swift: Divine recovery to recover multiple shot. He can do this once more this day.
Full round: Multiple shot strike
[roll0] and damage [roll1]
[roll2] and damage [roll3]
[roll4] and damage [roll5]
If one shot doesn't hit the next gains every other gets a +4 to hit.

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-19, 03:53 PM
[roll0] reflex for half damage against Soras breathweapon
[roll1] roll to hit one of sandreis images, 4 is him.
[roll2] damage on sandrei or his images.
[roll3] damage on vendrex

The Drakes get enveloped in Soras flame breath, hissing in pain.The drake in front of Venethrax akes a hissing noise as two arrows sink into its chest, blood begins dripping from it and it flies a little erratically, still, it flies forward attempting to bite the archer. The other drakes are confused by the multiple Sandreis' one of the drakes attempts to bite the images.

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-19, 03:58 PM
[roll0] roll for the drakes to hit venethrax/sandrei

Shimeran
2014-06-22, 10:28 AM
Though on of the phantom Sandrei's vanishes under the drakes teeth, the remaining Sandreis encircle it, their blades glimmering as they jab at the creature.

Just making a rapier attack this round, so [roll0] vs it's own reduced AC (-1 from slow), for [roll1] damage on a hit.

Sønderjye
2014-06-22, 12:25 PM
Venethrax screams in pain. He then moves slightly back before raising his bow for another volley.

free: 5 ft step back.
Swift: Divine recovery to recover multiple shot. This is the last time he can do it today.
Full round: Multiple shot strike
[roll0] and damage [roll1]
[roll2] and damage [roll3]
[roll4] and damage [roll5]
If one shot doesn't hit the next gains every other gets a +4 to hit.

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-29, 09:29 PM
The drake attacking Venethrax falls as its hide is pierced with arrows.

The drake makes a noise as its stabbed turning around to try and bite at one of the sandreis

[roll0] to try and hit sandrei or his clones, 4 is still him
[roll1] roll to attack
[roll2] damage if hit

The drake sinks its fangs into another ghost.

Anubis Dread
2014-06-30, 10:16 AM
Growing weary of these... things... Marcus shoots a bolt of magic at the closest enemy.

\
Magic Missile - [roll0]

Shimeran
2014-07-01, 01:25 AM
The Sandrei swarm keeps at it's bladed assault.

[roll0] to attack for [roll1] damage.