Anubus Dread - Chaotic Neutral Human. Divine/Arcane Spells -Marcus
Shimeran - Lawful Neutral/True Neutral Dwarf. SkillMonkey/Face -Sandrei
Elbeyon - Neutral Good Warforged. Artificer/Walking Magic Shop. -Natilee
draconomial- NG Dragonborn. Crowd Control/Scout - Sora
Sønderjye - NE Hellbred. Archery/Lockpicking - Venethrax

Convenience

Elbeyon
2014-04-14, 10:11 PM
Did I picked a color yet? I'll grab purple.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-14, 11:10 PM
I guess I'll choose gold.

draconomial
2014-04-14, 11:21 PM
I'll manage a table here on the first page to give some general info on the state of the party AND NPCs as things are publicly revealed. A kind of chart of known personal info, maybe.

Character Name
Race & Alignment
Player
More Info

Natilee
NG Warforged
Elbeyon
has a tiny homunculus that can do detailed work (seen by Olee), and a tiny homunculus that can fly. Can identify magic items.

Sora
NG Dragonborn
Draconomial
Can change into a elf and back (seen by Olee). Follower of Bahamut. Can breathe fire, fly, and turn invisible.

Marcus Grek
CN Human
Anubis Dread
Smokes. Follows the god of the roads. Uses magic offensively.

Sandrei
LN Dwarf
Shimeran
Alchemy. Uses magic offensively.

Dovkhor Silversword
LG Dwarf Paladin of Moradin
Stormborn
Rides a black horse

Vemethrax
NE Hellbred
Sønderjye
Uses a sword and bow

Apprentice Olee
Half-elf
NPC
Daughter of innkeeper (told to Sora and Natilee)

Deputy William
Ex-Warrior/Caretaker
NPC
No more at this time :smalltongue:

Pastor Franz
Priest of Pelor
NPC
Takes care of educating children in the town.

Ser Michael
Knight
NPC
No more at this time :smalltongue:

I will take a bold light indigo.

Shimeran
2014-04-14, 11:54 PM
Considering he's got the secrets of the ooze, Sandrei's got to grab the green.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 12:48 AM
This may be a bit of a silly thing to say, but this is the first time I've dm'ed over Giant In the Playground. What the etiqutte as far as DM rolls go?

Should I roll them in the forum roller like you guys or roll all mine private.

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 12:52 AM
Most seem to roll in public except for secret things like bluffs, spots etc. etc. ... Some roll everything in private. Either isn't really bad form.

I prefer everything out in the open, but private doesn't bother me too much.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 12:55 AM
Most seem to roll in public except for secret things like bluffs, spots etc. etc. ... Some roll everything in private. Either isn't really bad form.

I prefer everything out in the open, but private doesn't bother me too much.

Ill roll in public except for private stuff

draconomial
2014-04-15, 01:00 AM
You could roll everything in here within spoilers, with labels on it saying who can look. If we're good, we won't be metagaming, and we'll trust you back. Roleplaying will go smoothly as our characters blindly believe that they're being told the truth to, and such and so forth.

On the downside, you can't fudge important rolls that anticlimactically TPK, and things like that. Though you can just delete your posts quickly and repost for new rolls.

Crowing, would you be alright with an Amulet of Transference (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a) in the party?

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 01:07 AM
Wow, Amulet of Transferrence. Thats a good item to have.

Yeah thats perfect go for it.

No thought bottles though, ha ha.

draconomial
2014-04-15, 01:15 AM
Also, Sora has the least invocation See The Unseen, which she would use every morning as it lasts 24 hours. It's See Invisibility (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/see-invisibility--2514/). Invisible things and things on the parallel ethereal plane are revealed to her and extremely obvious if she has regular line-of-sight to them. I'll tell you if I ever trade out this invocation for something else.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-15, 01:17 AM
It doesnt see through illusion magic does it?

draconomial
2014-04-15, 01:24 AM
Nope. Just Invisibility illusions. Otherwise you use the good old Save to Disbelieve (upon interaction)

Sønderjye
2014-04-15, 03:23 AM
But I wanted green :smallfurious:

guess I'll just take yellow

Jk blue it isOrange

Edit: reposting this for convinience

Stormborn - Lawful Good Dwarf. Melee Oriented
Anubus Dread - Chaotic Neutral Human. Divine/Arcane Spells
Shimeran - Lawful Neutral/True Neutral Dwarf. SkillMonkey/Face
Elbeyon - Neutral Good Warforged. Artificer/Walking Magic Shop.
draconomial- NG Dragonborn. Crowd Control/Scout
Sønderjye - NE Hellbred. Archery/Lockpicking

Sønderjye
2014-04-15, 10:04 AM
So in the beginning I assumed that we had travelled together for 2 weeks together. Then I thought we just coincidently arrived together. Guess some people arrived together and some didn't. Anybody want to make some shared BG?

Edit: seing how the guard reacts I most certainly could use a friend or two.

Shimeran
2014-04-15, 03:50 PM
So far the background I'm running with for Sandrei has him starting as a dwarven courtier delving deep into poorly understood alchemical experiments. After the initial incident that booted him from his homeland, he likely hopped from place to place, leaving when experiments backfired or the political situation got too hot. It's possible others may have heard of him, though it's unlikely he's traveling with anyone.

On a side note, I take it the building with the town symbol is the government building Anubis is parked at. I was going to make an entrance there, but I wanted to make sure where I was going to end up before doing so.

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 05:39 PM
@Shimeran Natilee is under a constant illusion. She currently really does look like the picture I posted. Of course I don't know if you can see through illusions. If you can feel free to ignore this. :smallsmile:

draconomial
2014-04-15, 06:09 PM
The grammar nazi in me's eyes are twitching. Where is the other dwarf player?

And since my color's being taken I'm switching to a lighter indigo

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 12:36 AM
Things seem to be going well so far. It looks like we've got a lot of different personalities.

draconomial
2014-04-16, 01:12 AM
mhmm. NPCs seem solid. I'm hoping for more detailed descriptions of the surroundings later, I'll ask and it'll be obvious. Further descriptions of the inside of the buildings we go through would be nice.

Except for how we're missing a party member

Sønderjye
2014-04-16, 03:22 AM
Oh crap sorry dude. I really am stepping on your toes:smallfrown:

draconomial
2014-04-16, 03:42 AM
I like the new color I went with, it's less garish :smallsmile:. You don't have to change yours now, I would've asked if I'd wanted you to. Crowing, is the temple hallowed (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/hallow--2619/), as most are? How big is the front door?

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 03:55 AM
If we're only missing one person I'd call that a successful launch.
Lighter indigo does look pretty awesome. I may use that in the future for myself.

I'll put up a post in a little bit.

Sønderjye
2014-04-16, 12:19 PM
Just want to point out that if crowing wants 6 players picking one soon is better than later :smallsmile:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 05:23 PM
Dropped stormborn a message, he has until the 18th to respond or else we're leaving him.

I originally wanted only 5 people but increased it to 6 due to interest.

So if he doesnt respond I may just keep it as is, unless you guys want another party member?

Shimeran
2014-04-16, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't open the thread back up, but I'd be fine with bringing in Exthalion. He's mentioned interest as an alternate in the recruiting thread.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 08:13 PM
So heres how town building is going to work.

It'll work a bit like XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Every Mission or Quest you do will obviously earn you gold. Gold you can do whatever you want with, Give it to William (or another leader if you decide to replace him) or keep it for yourselves.

The more gold you feed into the town, the more you can build.

The current leader of the town will make suggestions for the gold to be spent. like for right now William wants gold to make actual houses for the citizens and to hire workers to start harvesting the resources around the town.

If you do not wish to do his suggestions you can obviously talk to him about it. Depending on your request he may agree or disagree with it and you'll have to convince him if he disagrees with it.

The more frivalous your suggestion, the harder it will be to agree with. (IE Building a whorehouse when everyone needs food)

I know DND has economics and house costs in the DMG but Im not really concerned with the exact numbers. It'll pretty much go by "Ok you guys earned enough gold, you can build this now"

As far as building buildings go, there are two solutions I thought of.

"Magic Building"

Through magic, like from Pastor Franz for example, the building you requested was built overnight.

Or

"Quest Building"

The time it takes to build a building isnt based on days or weeks, but rather by quests. Larger buildings require more quests to be done and completed.

So for example lets say you wanted to build a blacksmith, and I say "Ok thats 3 quests"

On the end of the third quest when you come back to the town, you'll hear the banging of the anvil.

I know neither of these are terribly realistic and immersion breaking, but construction work takes a hella long time, especially in the middle ages. I know you guys dont want to wait around in game months for buildings to be built. So these were the only options I could come up with.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-16, 08:21 PM
I don't really mind either method as opposed to meticulously tracking in game time, but what exactly constitutes a quest or mission? Like, is cleaning a goblin warren one quest, even if its in our own time and not given to us? Would it be multiple quests if it was a tribe spread over three warrens? I'm sure the answer is just 'it depends', but a solid baseline would be nice.

draconomial
2014-04-16, 08:25 PM
And if we build things with our own hands? I've already got an irrigation and plumbing system for the farmers in mind, as Natilee hinted at.

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 09:06 PM
If were not going to be using a published system than I'd prefer "Magic Building." Quest based building might be a little too arbitrary for my taste. Instant buildings at least adds a bit of constancy and could be played off a variety of ways.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 09:40 PM
I don't really mind either method as opposed to meticulously tracking in game time, but what exactly constitutes a quest or mission? Like, is cleaning a goblin warren one quest, even if its in our own time and not given to us? Would it be multiple quests if it was a tribe spread over three warrens? I'm sure the answer is just 'it depends', but a solid baseline would be nice.

Any job given to you by a named NPC counts as a quest.

Anything else is rated on your ECL. Anything that equals or exceeds it is counted as a quest.

For example.

Being tasked to clear out a goblin warren by William will count as a quest.

Stumbling across one while wandering around will only count if you kill enough goblins to equal the parties ECL which is 8, and goblins are like 1/2 or something low.

And if we build things with our own hands? I've already got an irrigation and plumbing system for the farmers in mind, as Natilee hinted at.

Each successful check is considered an hours worth of work, Taking 20 would be a day.

So you could have the entire irrigation system done in a few hours if your rolls are good enough.

If were not going to be using a published system than I'd prefer "Magic Building." Quest based building might be a little too arbitrary for my taste. Instant buildings at least adds a bit of constancy and could be played off a variety of ways.

Fair enough.

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 10:10 PM
Lyre of building? An at-will fabricate? A more sensible: It's been under construction the entire time! Of course you payed for the building resources at the front end instead of at the completion mark.

If you don't mind. How large is Loredan? Just looking for a rough population. I mostly care about how many kids exist.

Shimeran
2014-04-16, 10:36 PM
Of the two, I'd side toward the magic method.

That being said, there are few tricks you can use to retain some of that "work in progress" feel. For example, you could try something like this:

Projects can be started with a partial payment.
Projects are completed roughly 1 day after the final payment is made.
Setting up a scene where your character helps with the construction can move the time to completion up.

The 1 day rule is still really fast, but it's easy to remember and track as we've already got daily abilities. This will mostly work out as "it will be done after your next rest up, throw in some narration if you want it done faster" combined with "if you want it to build up more gradually, pay in installments".

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-16, 10:47 PM
Lyre of building? An at-will fabricate? A more sensible: It's been under construction the entire time! Of course you payed for the building resources at the front end instead of at the completion mark.

If you don't mind. How large is Loredan? Just looking for a rough population. I mostly care about how many kids exist.

Id estimate the town population is just shy of 150, around 130ish.

around 30 - 40 kids?

Of the two, I'd side toward the magic method.

That being said, there are few tricks you can use to retain some of that "work in progress" feel. For example, you could try something like this:

Projects can be started with a partial payment.
Projects are completed roughly 1 day after the final payment is made.
Setting up a scene where your character helps with the construction can move the time to completion up.

The 1 day rule is still really fast, but it's easy to remember and track as we've already got daily abilities. This will mostly work out as "it will be done after your next rest up, throw in some narration if you want it done faster" combined with "if you want it to build up more gradually, pay in installments".

Hmm these are some great ideas.

draconomial
2014-04-16, 11:20 PM
On the first page, I'm keeping that table updated with names of NPCs as well. I might add more details later when there's more to remember.

Elbeyon
2014-04-16, 11:44 PM
That's good to know. I've already used it to look at what the players are playing a couple of times.

Hey, draconomial. Let me know if I'm posting too frequently

StormBorn
2014-04-17, 06:42 AM
Dropped stormborn a message, he has until the 18th to respond or else we're leaving him.

I originally wanted only 5 people but increased it to 6 due to interest.

So if he doesnt respond I may just keep it as is, unless you guys want another party member?

Hey there! Sorry for the delay, i've been sick and really busy at work, so thats why i havent posted yet, im definetly in... So where are we now?

My speech will be this one

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-17, 10:36 PM
Welcome Stormborn, glad you could make it.

And I hope Im keeping things interesting for you guys.

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 02:10 AM
I think a melee dwarf will be greatly appreciated.

I'm enjoying myself. :smallbiggrin:

Sønderjye
2014-04-18, 09:03 AM
I am enjoying myself too.

StormBorn
2014-04-18, 01:29 PM
So, are we keeping our characters Special Qualities and abilities as secret? Or am i just the only one, that doesnt know the builds :P..? I mean i dont mind, its more realistic this way i guess ... Hehe

draconomial
2014-04-18, 02:21 PM
So, are we keeping our characters Special Qualities and abilities as secret? Or am i just the only one, that doesnt know the builds :P..? I mean i dont mind, its more realistic this way i guess ... Hehe

It's not just you. Idk if it happened accidentally, but I rolled with it, and I like it. We get to look at each other from a close perspective of NPCs; enigmas with too many tricks up their sleeves. How can you tell who is weak and who is strong, in the world of D&D? And how to adventurers get to fight together like clockwork without strategizing beforehand?

StormBorn
2014-04-18, 04:11 PM
Well at leats, let me have a description of your characters appearance, its easier to picture with that in mind.

Whats up with sora? Is she a transformer or what? Haha seems pretty cool

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 04:16 PM
You've probably already seen the picture of my character (It was in my first IC post). But, just in case it was missed.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/6yh476.jpg

That's what my character is wearing today. Who knows if it'll change tomorrow. :smalltongue:

draconomial
2014-04-18, 04:28 PM
You'll probably find out later. Unless it never gets explained how she does what does, which would be pretty funny.
http://i.imgur.com/Nh4wsmD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/exCP1Qs.jpg?1

Did a bit of updating to my info table, too.

Crowing, Sora is going to try burning her way through the church locks with acid, thinking rules as per this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Breaking_and_Entering). Would you describe the door, if she isn't interrupted on her way there?

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-18, 07:42 PM
You'll probably find out later. Unless it never gets explained how she does what does, which would be pretty funny.
http://i.imgur.com/Nh4wsmD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/exCP1Qs.jpg?1

Did a bit of updating to my info table, too.

Crowing, Sora is going to try burning her way through the church locks with acid, thinking rules as per this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Breaking_and_Entering). Would you describe the door, if she isn't interrupted on her way there?

Pfft, Franz just opened the door for you guys.

draconomial
2014-04-18, 11:15 PM
Pfft, Franz just opened the door for you guys.
ha :smalltongue:

several of them walk over to the dragonborn and start touching her scales, wings and tail, never having seen someone like that before.
Sora doesn't have scales or wings right now, and Dragonborn don't have tails. Also she's invisible? What?

Edit: I'll assume you mean some other dragonborn, then.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 12:22 AM
ha :smalltongue:

Sora doesn't have scales or wings right now, and Dragonborn don't have tails. Also she's invisible? What?

Edit: I'll assume you mean some other dragonborn, then.

Oh wow I completely derped on that one. ill change the post

draconomial
2014-04-19, 01:08 AM
The spot was an 11, I added a listen. Sorry

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 02:19 AM
I really should of declared what buffs I had running on me, but it slipped my mind when the game started.

Can anyone else use those wands? I'll identify them when I get a chance.

draconomial
2014-04-19, 02:28 AM
Sora can, with UMD. Stormborn's Dovkhor can use it without a UMD check. Elbeyon, did you forget to add you bonuses to that roll? I know you have points in UMD.

Edit: Pshh, no wonder you didn't bother adding it. Your UMD checks are Epic. Why even bother rolling? All wands are DC 20 to activate.

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 02:35 AM
Nah, I didn't forget that part. I forgot to say that anything but a one succeeds like last time.

Oh! I'll pass them around once I identify them if that's ok with everyone? :smallsmile:

D: I didn't know Sora had UMD. One should definitely go to Stormborn's Dovkhor.

Edit: A one is auto fail + it jams the wand for a day. I should read the rules better. Your right I shouldn't bother rolling. If its a nat one and I fail that happens. I guess I just auto succeed on wands. That means my guidance wand worked. Wooo! I know all the stuff about Hellbreds.

Edit2: Sora does have UMD. :smallbiggrin:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 02:50 AM
I was confused about the UMD check, I was just about to have the wand explode, actually.

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 03:17 AM
Yeah, that was my bad. I should of explained it better.

Though I'm not sure why a wand would ever explode from UMD. Mishaps only happen when activating an item blindly. And even then they aren't that bad. "If you fail by 10 or more, you suffer a mishap. [...] The default mishaps are that the item affects the wrong target or that uncontrolled magical energy is released, dealing 2d6 points of damage to you." The default for a massive failure isn't nearly that bad.

draconomial
2014-04-19, 03:52 AM
Ah, on one hand I really want to post, and on the other I want to be polite and wait for the others to post.

StormBorn
2014-04-19, 09:20 AM
So, ... are we in a room of 40x40, and the trap door leading to the tunnel, its inside am i right?
Have someone seen or heard of this little girl?? O.O?

And yes, i can ise the Cure Wands.

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 12:05 PM
Aye. Tis tough waiting but worth it.

Mwhahaha our perceptions grow stronger. It's an emanation spell so the bonus should change as people leave and enter the area around my character (forty foot diameter).
Shimeran:
Spot (1d20+1)[4]+8 = 12

Sønderjye
Spot (1d20+2)[7] +10 = 17
Listen (1d20+2)[10] +10 = 20

StormBorn
Listen : (1d20+3)[13]+12=25
Spot: (1d20+3)[11]+12=23

Aw, now that a short time duration buff has been cast it'd be rude to sit down an take four minutes to identify the wands. :smallfrown: Maybe latter?

Anubis Dread
2014-04-19, 12:47 PM
I am actually pretty sure the girl was the priest talked about was Franz popping up, but was somewhat confused about it too when I made my post. Which kind of made it even more confusing :smalltongue:.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-19, 04:36 PM
He was talking about Sora, who had snuck past him invisible and then talked. As far as he knew, Marcus was the only one in there at that point in time, so thats why he was confused when he heard her voice.

draconomial
2014-04-20, 07:01 PM
INITIATIVE [roll0]

What are the roughly measured dimensions of the room Sora is in, height, length, width, shape? Are the ceiling or floor apparently wood, or stone?

Sønderjye
2014-04-20, 07:02 PM
I recommend using Block initiative which is players act then the world act for quicker combat.

Also I think all player should have a chance of going to the tomb if they want ( to my understanding not everyone is present?)

draconomial
2014-04-20, 07:17 PM
We've entered turn-based-mode! Would Crowing tell us how long it'll take for anyone who isn't there yet to get to the trapdoor once they hear the fighting?

Elbeyon
2014-04-20, 07:52 PM
Noo, turns! Block initiative is definitely the way to go. I'm not a fan of a combat turn that last three days to a week. :smalleek:

Initiative
[roll0]

Shimeran
2014-04-20, 08:15 PM
Well we should be able to keep things going at a decent clip if we just say "If your actions aren't in when the DM proccesses submitted actions, you delayed". So no waiting for folks higher in the initiative order to go. Just post your plan of attack and the dm will resolve them in order of initiative. I suggest putting contingency plans in your post, just in case.

Shimeran
2014-04-20, 09:16 PM
Sorry for the double post in the IC thread folks. Apparently I had a typo in the original rolls that messed that up. On the other hand, I seem to have crit the initiative, so save hello to blinded zombies. (The two attacks can be ignored as they we part of my contingency plan if the zombies went first.

draconomial
2014-04-20, 09:53 PM
Sora can't use her Racial Breath for [roll0] rounds.

Shimeran. Go to edit post for your IC post. Copy the complete text of what you wrote, then delete the post. Then Paste what you Ctrl+C to repost with the rolls.
Or do your rolls here in OOC, and edit them out of the IC post.

Shimeran
2014-04-20, 11:32 PM
Thanks! I've reposted and it seems to be working fine. Still looks like I'll be getting the drop on them, so back to blinding.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 12:01 AM
INITIATIVE [roll0]

What are the roughly measured dimensions of the room Sora is in, height, length, width, shape? Are the ceiling or floor apparently wood, or stone?

The tomb seems to be double the size of the church above, 80 x 80, also you can see a large hole in the far wall in front of you.

We've entered turn-based-mode! Would Crowing tell us how long it'll take for anyone who isn't there yet to get to the trapdoor once they hear the fighting?

I said the church was 40 x 40 so it would take approx 2 rounds to get from the church to the tomb traveling at 30.

Well we should be able to keep things going at a decent clip if we just say "If your actions aren't in when the DM proccesses submitted actions, you delayed". So no waiting for folks higher in the initiative order to go. Just post your plan of attack and the dm will resolve them in order of initiative. I suggest putting contingency plans in your post, just in case.

Pretty much this. I want everyone to do what Shimeran did and post every calculation on his action, then when I process all the actions ill post the reactions.

Also I post all the enemies actions as one, so the zombies, who move at 19 will move as one.

Everyone gets a day to respond to battle or else they are skipped.

But today was Easter so im giving some leeway.

draconomial
2014-04-21, 01:24 AM
The tomb seems to be double the size of the church above, 80 x 80, also you can see a large hole in the far wall in front of you.

Just one big, wide, featureless room? How were they storing bodies in here? Burying them beneath the floor of the room? And what's the height of the ceiling, in both this room and the church? Details relevant to a flying character.

Edit: Also, FOUR KILL COMBO!
:cool:

Elbeyon
2014-04-21, 02:04 AM
I know the enemies are weak, but man it's been a relief watching the floor get mopped with these guys. My character can relax some about not bring all that much to combat. :smallbiggrin:

Shimeran
2014-04-21, 08:00 AM
I hear you there. While I've got some combat tricks, a lot of them are mind-affecting. The acid punchs let me sidestep DR, but they're still a bit weak at this point. That part should take off once I get to the touches that do ability damage and status effects. I suspect this fight will be the artillery's chance to shine.

draconomial
2014-04-21, 08:55 AM
I just realized that I rolled a d6 instead of a d8 for damage. Should've been 4d8 instead of 5d6. I mixed up Sora's breath weapons :smalltongue:. Their averages are about the same anyways, I'll remember next time.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 02:32 PM
Just one big, wide, featureless room? How were they storing bodies in here? Burying them beneath the floor of the room? And what's the height of the ceiling, in both this room and the church? Details relevant to a flying character.

Edit: Also, FOUR KILL COMBO!
:cool:

There are alcoves built into the walls for the coffins.

Also the roof is about 60 feet above you, edit your post, 70 feet is too high.

draconomial
2014-04-21, 05:39 PM
Sora pops back into visibility with a smile in her eyes. She strides around the room, tapping everyone with a small, wordless invocation.
I'm sorry, I meant to say in the roll below that post that Sora was casting a spell that made the people she touched immune to her breath attacks.

There are alcoves built into the walls for the coffins.

Also the roof is about 60 feet above you, edit your post, 70 feet is too high.

She's not overhead. She's
eye level to everyone else

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, I meant to say in the roll below that post that Sora was casting a spell that made the people she touched immune to her breath attacks.

She's not overhead. She's

Oh thats fine then.

Elbeyon
2014-04-21, 07:53 PM
I forgot Shimeran was playing a dwarf. :smallredface: Things make more sense to me now.

Shimeran
2014-04-21, 07:59 PM
Does that mean I shouldn't have gotten slowed? I'll stick with the action I posted, but wanted to check.

On a related note, it looks like I pulled off a defensive casting of haste. I think I topped out initiative for the party, so remember to factor in the +1 attack bonus and roll that extra attack when full attacking.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-21, 08:09 PM
Does that mean I shouldn't have gotten slowed? I'll stick with the action I posted, but wanted to check.

On a related note, it looks like I pulled off a defensive casting of haste. I think I topped out initiative for the party, so remember to factor in the +1 attack bonus and roll that extra attack when full attacking.

You did, which is why I did the glitterdust thing first.

Also yeah Drac forgot to mention she casted a spell which made her allies immune to her breath weapons.

the order is

You,
Zombies
Drac
Elbyion
Anubus
Sond

Sønderjye
2014-04-22, 01:33 AM
I need a bit clarification. The stair case is 15 feet long but the room is 60 ft high?

draconomial
2014-04-22, 01:51 AM
I need a bit clarification. The stair case is 15 feet long but the room is 60 ft high?
http://i.imgur.com/joWiU69.gif

Sønderjye
2014-04-22, 03:06 AM
The gif would probably be hillarious if I got the reference :smallbiggrin:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-22, 12:47 PM
Shhhhh.

Dont question my room dimensions.

:smalltongue:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 01:57 PM
Drac your roll glitched, how much damage did your firebreath do?

Stormborn, the skeletons werent surrounding you, they surrounded Shimeran, who is also a dwarf, Im going to have to ignore your post.

And thus the first battle is done.

This was mostly a test of your abilities and I am very pleased with the results, you guys are pretty creative, in the future Ill plan some more interesting encounters and tougher enemies.

draconomial
2014-04-23, 06:03 PM
C Breath weapon damage - [roll0] fire

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the battle went. Because spatial problems, and initiative problems.
Initiative: I noticed that in Crowings last combat post, the undead attacked and then were burned, though they should've been burned by Sora before before moving or attacking.
Spatial: I hope that we can work out a better method of expressing tactical combat. Things went more-or-less alright, this time.

Elbeyon
2014-04-23, 06:47 PM
Wooo! xp.

I believe the initiative for the bad guys was that roll plus their initiative modifier (+3 or +4 average?) which wasn't added onto the roll in public. Meaning they went second in initiative.
Initiative order: Shimeran, Undead, draconomial, Elbeyon, Anubis Dread, Sønderjye

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-23, 07:08 PM
C Breath weapon damage - [roll0] fire

I'm not completely satisfied with the way the battle went. Because spatial problems, and initiative problems.
Initiative: I noticed that in Crowings last combat post, the undead attacked and then were burned, though they should've been burned by Sora before before moving or attacking.
Spatial: I hope that we can work out a better method of expressing tactical combat. Things went more-or-less alright, this time.

Sorry, still getting used to dming on here and writing out spacial dimensions. Ill do my best to make sure the rest of the rooms are properly and realistically spaced.

And I posted the order a few posts up.

Wooo! xp.

I believe the initiative for the bad guys was that roll plus their initiative modifier (+3 or +4 average?) which wasn't added onto the roll in public. Meaning they went second in initiative.
Initiative order: Shimeran, Undead, draconomial, Elbeyon, Anubis Dread, Sønderjye

^Here

Elbeyon
2014-04-23, 09:21 PM
Sandrei has a nice scratch or two (16 damage correct?). Natilee will use a belt charge and slap him with a heal.

Heal
[roll0]

Shimeran
2014-04-24, 12:19 AM
Thanks! Yeah the total can out to 16 damage. Technically, my AC would have been up by 1 from haste and their attack down by 1 from slow, but it wouldn't have changed the number of hits.

On a side note, who noticed the blood and the loud clanging noise? Was it just the resident high roller? I'd suggest going toward the noice as it's more active, but don't want to post that in character unless I noticed it. Granted I got a might 5 on the listen check, so I might miss tap dancing elephants at this point.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-24, 01:02 AM
Thanks! Yeah the total can out to 16 damage. Technically, my AC would have been up by 1 from haste and their attack down by 1 from slow, but it wouldn't have changed the number of hits.

On a side note, who noticed the blood and the loud clanging noise? Was it just the resident high roller? I'd suggest going toward the noice as it's more active, but don't want to post that in character unless I noticed it. Granted I got a might 5 on the listen check, so I might miss tap dancing elephants at this point.

stormborn and drac noticed it so far.

draconomial
2014-04-24, 01:17 AM
Edited my last IC post. Taking everyone right.

Sønderjye
2014-04-24, 05:15 PM
Oh forgot you asked fof rolls
Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Search [roll2] if nesesary

Anubis Dread
2014-04-24, 05:29 PM
Oh right, rolls are a thing that exists.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-24, 07:55 PM
Alright, on rolls like Listen and Spot, I am going to assume the highest roller shared the information with the rest of the party. Unless you tell me you want to withhold the information for some reason.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-27, 12:04 AM
Shimeran, do you have the feat "Track" because otherwise you cant find footprints.

draconomial
2014-04-27, 01:26 AM
"Track: Without this feat, you can use the Survival skill to find tracks, but you can follow them only if the DC for the task is 10 or lower. Alternatively, you can use the Search skill to find a footprint or similar sign of a creature’s passage using the DCs given above, but you can’t use Search to follow tracks, even if someone else has already found them."

Shimeran, roll your Search in here in OOC

Shimeran
2014-04-27, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I can't follow the tracks, but I have a chance to find them. There's a spoilered roll in the IC, but here's a second roll if you rather take it from here: [roll0].

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 10:18 PM
Italics are for thoughts. Not sure if I've showed thoughts before...

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-28, 10:33 PM
Srsly you guys attack the goblin that wasnt doing anything to you???

Goddamn PC's destroying my plans!.

Im considering making some of you turn evil for this.

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 11:56 PM
:smalltongue:

Seems pretty standard to me. Goblins are usually worse than rats.

draconomial
2014-04-29, 12:06 AM
Which is why we restrain it before it can try anything shifty. But goblins have super bad reps. They are almost always neutral evil. Only Good reason to leave a goblin alive is to interrogate it for the location of other goblins, or put some kind of tracker on it (like a dragonseye rune).

DM, we're being extremely merciful, so far.

Anubis Dread
2014-04-29, 12:28 AM
Im considering making some of you turn evil for this.

You say that like it isn't to be somewhat expected when about half the PCs are either anti-heroes or outright villain protagonists :smalltongue:

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 01:19 AM
Im kidding around mostly.

But he DID say "Stop no harm"

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 12:53 PM
Can you attach files to these posts?

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 04:46 PM
I'm not seeing a button for it. Perhaps just link it?

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 05:26 PM
Mmm, uploaded it to imgur, probably gonna have to get used to seeing images linked to there since there doesnt appear to be an upload file feature on GITP.

I used a dungeon generator but I may change a few things here and there (IE Put a door where there isnt one, and so on)

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 05:30 PM
I haven't seen the map IC but geez that's a lot of map. I imagine we'd be doing this winding passageway for the next year if we don't zoom past things through OoC.

TheCrowing1432
2014-04-29, 05:36 PM
Well yeah I didnt intend for you guys to clear this dungeon in one run.

draconomial
2014-04-29, 05:41 PM
Well yeah I didnt intend for you guys to clear this dungeon in one run.

That sounded like a challenge.:smallcool:

Sønderjye
2014-04-29, 05:46 PM
So do I know if Goblins have darkvision?

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 05:50 PM
That sounded like a challenge.:smallcool:

I'll start mapping the course! We might need a few constructs/hirelings to keep watch for things don't slip past us while we finish off a split in the road.

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 09:41 AM
@ Sønderjye I would have replied to ya, but I figured it'd be a more interesting interaction with a different character.

Sønderjye
2014-05-01, 09:52 AM
Some interaction would have been favorable but it's cool (:

Oh and thanks for your reasoning. I am bad at it myself but it is always nice to understand people.

Sønderjye
2014-05-01, 05:40 PM
Hey Anubis. Just wanted to say that I am impressed. Whenever I read what Marcus says I become so annoyed I have to remind myself that it's just a character you are playing :smallbiggrin:

Anubis Dread
2014-05-01, 06:09 PM
Right, character :smallamused:

In all seriousness thanks, I rarely get to play someone closer to the deep side of the alignment pool. Though I may be overselling it a bit.

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 06:49 PM
I find that old Marcus charm a lot more amusing than annoying. He does smokes like a chimney, if my character had to breathe that might mean something.

Sønderjye
2014-05-02, 11:14 AM
Waiting for the goblin to share his information before starting a debate on whether or not it should join it's ancestors.

Elbeyon
2014-05-02, 11:17 AM
Ah, I forgot to give you guys some writing stuff to make edits to the map. Sora would know about it; she can just take it out of my backpack.

draconomial
2014-05-02, 11:23 PM
That gives me an idea, which I'll have to start working on.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-02, 11:47 PM
As far as curses are concerned, does Identify automatically find them or do you need a spellcraft check in order to find them?

I dont normally work with cursed items, in fact almost every dnd game ive ever played, its never actually come up.

Elbeyon
2014-05-03, 12:10 AM
I believe it's my casters level (character level in this case) % to find them with identify. It takes a level 6 spell to find them 100% of the time. It's a very low chance.

I thought it was higher until I looked it up. I'm use to them being much easier to catch in other editions.

draconomial
2014-05-03, 12:34 AM
The party is vulnerable to most cursed items right now, but in a couple levels it won't be.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-03, 02:57 PM
Im really sick right now guys, so my next response wont be until im feeling better. Just a heads up

Sønderjye
2014-05-03, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the headsup. Take your time.

Not sure. What do you say in english when you want someone to become healthy again? Good bettering?

draconomial
2014-05-03, 07:35 PM
Get well soon.

Elbeyon
2014-05-03, 10:25 PM
I hope you get well soon.

Since we've got some time, now might not be a bad time to discuss where we are going to explore next. I'd like to backtrack and explore that component to our left. After that we could put a guard/someway of detecting if something enters a cleared area. (I only have one messenger so we'll have to come up with more ways than just that. I don't think a static defense like wires, powder or traps will be sufficient however).

On a different subject entirely. Do you guys think the goblin will come out of this alive? If he does live then are we going to go back to town and rest for the day? If you guys kill the goblin please do it in a way that my character won't notice/be convinced it was the right thing to do. :smalltongue:

draconomial
2014-05-03, 11:09 PM
Being racist is hard. The smart thing to do here is collapse all the tunnels, after making sure that it wouldn't do any structural damage to homes above. But that's not something my character would do. Sora's more likely to pay for a Forbiddance of Good on the church grounds.

Also that wouldn't get us much experience. But really, we should secure the church before exploring in the mysterious tunnels of unknown dangers (and cave ins. Who here has immunity to cave ins?).

Elbeyon
2014-05-03, 11:27 PM
My idea of a safe church is to slap a giant magical door were the tunnel meets the church basement and have our own personal dungeon below the town (It'd be like a gold mine). That's completely safe and would never backfire! I guess we could seal it up and build another entrance. Who knows what type of monsters could be down there and it might not be safe just to leave them alone.

*starts to raise hand* Wait do you mean the smashing rock bits or the not dieing a horrible death from starvation/suffocation? I kid.

Sønderjye
2014-05-04, 01:57 PM
So I was thinking. Can we do any roleplaying while the GM is gone? like disgussing the idea whether using this as a xp mine. It feels weird to disguss it in the situation we are in.

We could perhaps talk as if we were still walking the hour when the illusionary voice was there?

Elbeyon
2014-05-04, 02:12 PM
Marcus did move Sora and Venethrax off to the side to chat. I'm sure having that conversation would be fine while the goblin explains the stuff to the other people. My character's busy for next 21 minutes in game and can't really chat with anyone at this point.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-07, 05:27 PM
feeling a lot better now, though not at 100% should have a new post up either later tonight or tomarrow.

draconomial
2014-05-07, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear it!

Elbeyon
2014-05-07, 11:00 PM
Just a quick update in case you missed it. Everyone decided it was best if the goblin didn't live. We killed him and to dispose of the body we cooked em up with some nice wine and ate em. No need to ask questions we used detect thoughts with some nasty questioning methods. :smallwink:

Anubis Dread
2014-05-08, 02:04 PM
Yes that was a delicious bite of goblin now wasn't it? Now we can simply proceed further into this pit and...

What? What sack of magical items? I don't remember there being one. :smallconfused: Oh this sack behind my back? It's... laundry, yeah. Really stinky laundry, so you don't want to open it. You saw me make a Bluff check? No no, it was a... buff check! I really like to exercise! And my snake familiar does to, which is why it added a +3 bonus to it :smallamused:

draconomial
2014-05-09, 12:38 AM
I can see that you're not at 100%. Use more spoilers!

Elbeyon
2014-05-09, 01:11 AM
Yes that was a delicious bite of goblin now wasn't it? Now we can simply proceed further into this pit and...

What? What sack of magical items? I don't remember there being one. :smallconfused: Oh this sack behind my back? It's... laundry, yeah. Really stinky laundry, so you don't want to open it. You saw me make a Bluff check? No no, it was a... buff check! I really like to exercise! And my snake familiar does to, which is why it added a +3 bonus to it :smallamused:

It is a laundry list of magical items.

Natilee doesn't have Decipher Script so she can't even attempt to make that roll.
Edit: Besides reading the runes does the axe have any magic properties?

We should totally sell those wands from the priest and build more efficient magic items. They have a 13500 price/6750 cost. Even if we only use half the gold we'd get, we could built up more total healing than these wands.

draconomial
2014-05-09, 02:19 AM

We should totally sell those wands from the priest and build more efficient magic items. They have a 13500 price/6750 cost. Even if we only use half the gold we'd get, we could built up more total healing than these wands.
Artifacts won't always react to Identify, so the lack of response is a hint in cases where Detect Magic does work.
We probably should sell them, but to who? In this backwater place? :smallwink:

Elbeyon
2014-05-09, 02:38 AM
Hm. I hope it's not an artifact.

The town seems content to do our long distance shopping for us (because they probably don't want us to leave for long periods of time to take care of minutiae). It might take a bit, but it shouldn't be a problem to have them sold for us, I imagine.

Sønderjye
2014-05-09, 09:24 AM
Just want to point out that you likely missed my post in the IC. Still waiting for an answer (:

Anubis Dread
2014-05-09, 12:12 PM
Would Read Magic be sufficient for deciphering the script? I'm guessing not since otherwise it wouldn't be hard to identify.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-09, 08:08 PM
Listen: [roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-09, 08:50 PM
I can see that you're not at 100%. Use more spoilers!

Should I have put the identified items in spoilers?

It is a laundry list of magical items.

Natilee doesn't have Decipher Script so she can't even attempt to make that roll.

Oh real nice, sell the wands the nice priest gave you so you wouldnt die a horrible death.

And you are unable to tell any properties of the axe other then the glowing runes.

Would Read Magic be sufficient for deciphering the script? I'm guessing not since otherwise it wouldn't be hard to identify.

Maybe, maybe not, cast it and find out.

Listen: [roll0]

Id prefer rolls like this to be in character

draconomial
2014-05-09, 09:50 PM
Should I have put the identified items in spoilers?
Yes, with the title directing Elbeyon to open it.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-09, 10:06 PM
oh,whoops.

Elbeyon
2014-05-10, 12:55 AM
Oh real nice, sell the wands the nice priest gave you so you wouldnt die a horrible death.

:smallamused: We're using them as he intended. They'll prevent us from dieing a horrible death even better once we change the formulas on them some.

Just a reminder guys! We're all under the effects of linked perception. It gives +2 spot/listen per ally within twenty feet of me. If the side group is more than twenty feet away (which I assume it is?) than that means the bonus would be +6 (Natilee, Sandrei, Dovkhor).

draconomial
2014-05-10, 01:06 AM
Hey guys, can I get some input on this? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?347486-Bender-of-the-Sanguine-Blood-Benders-Adopted-WIP)

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-12, 06:15 PM
Behold the deafest bunch of adventurers ever.

Sønderjye
2014-05-12, 06:32 PM
Someone has to be it

draconomial
2014-05-12, 07:28 PM
My Listen is -3. Skip me, don't wait.
Nevermind, that's Natilee. Sora's is +11

Elbeyon
2014-05-12, 08:02 PM
Shhh. They don't know yet; linked perception has been hiding my obvious flaws. Imagine what they'll do with the knowledge that my character is nearly completely oblivious to what's going on around her. :smalleek: (It's fun playing a character that misses the finer details.)

Also, no more reminders about linked perception and the ~12 bonus!

Anubis Dread
2014-05-12, 09:58 PM
Screwed up IC spot roll - [roll0]

EDIT: +6 modifier? Don't you mean -6? :smalltongue:

Elbeyon
2014-05-13, 05:32 AM
Blah. Ones and twos.

Since Natilee probably doesn't see the creature she will make a trip attack against Icabod if/when he provokes.

Sønderjye
2014-05-14, 03:16 AM
So I just want to be clear.
Does this mean that we aren't using block initiate?
And all the creatures hit their touch attacks?

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-14, 10:18 AM
I was really unclear with the grapple check, sorry. That was meant to be against your touch AC.

And Oh yeah I forgot about block intiative. Yeah lets do that.

Elbeyon
2014-05-14, 12:09 PM
Does Icabod take his AoO against the beast (from the grapple or it's retreat)? He was standing right next to natilee.

My character's light source. Others have better vision but not mine so ignore the spot check if it's over 60 feet away.
Lantern, Hooded
A hooded lantern clearly illuminates a 30-foot radius and provides shadowy illumination in a 60-foot radius.
Spot vs the Hiding Drake
[roll0]

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-14, 02:29 PM
He's in full out retreat, so no.

And you dont spot the drake.

Sønderjye
2014-05-14, 02:56 PM
I need a grapple check opposing my previous escape artist check

Edit: also how did the goblin react to the threat?

Elbeyon
2014-05-14, 08:21 PM
He's evil! I knew it. Not taking an attack that cost him nothing. :smallamused:

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-16, 07:18 PM
So I have decided to just respond to each of your posts as they happen.

Regular Intiative takes too long and it frees up some frustration over waiting for people who havent responded in awhile.

draconomial
2014-05-17, 12:19 PM
It's really messy, I preferred the block.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-17, 03:02 PM
It's really messy, I preferred the block.

Hmm.....ugh, play by post is so hard :p

Yeah block intiative would be best, but people not posting makes it difficult. >.<

Sønderjye
2014-05-17, 03:40 PM
I'm mildly confused about what is going on and who has had their turn, in addition to how I am placed according to initiate. :smallsmile:

Edit: Oh yeah does it give any bonus to escape a grapple if you decide to turn invisible?

draconomial
2014-05-17, 04:29 PM
Oh yeah does it give any bonus to escape a grapple if you decide to turn invisible?

Thought of it, it doesn't. The penalties to save to disbelieve would, theoretically, be so low you'd have to roll a 1 to fail.

Sønderjye
2014-05-17, 04:33 PM
I ment if I turned invisible would it give me a bonus to escape the grapple since he can't see me and thus can't predict my movement. To some degree at least.

Elbeyon
2014-05-17, 05:11 PM
Dnd combat has always been a struggle for PBP. It's not a new problem and there hasn't been a perfect fix as far as I know.

My dungeon world game's combat is going great. The more narrative style combat has been a real boon to the game. It is as smooth as any other part of a dnd pbp. :smallbiggrin:

draconomial
2014-05-17, 06:12 PM
I ment if I turned invisible would it give me a bonus to escape the grapple since he can't see me and thus can't predict my movement. To some degree at least.
I wrestled for three years. I'll tell you, you don't need to see the other person. You can feel every move every one of their limbs make through one limb.

Sønderjye
2014-05-17, 06:38 PM
I wrestled for three years. I'll tell you, you don't need to see the other person. You can feel every move every one of their limbs make through one limb.

But did you ever in fact wrestle with an invisible opponent? :smallbiggrin:
Also thanks for your work on dndtools. I really appreciate the site.
As for the bloodmage I only have had time to look at it briefly. I think the idea with bloodpoint is cool although I probably would have had it more centered around hp instead of points. There is some wording that you might want to change for clarification

draconomial
2014-05-17, 06:59 PM
I wrestled with my eyes closed a lot. I'm legally blind, too.

Elbeyon
2014-05-18, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the haste. Its nice to have a full round of actions.

Elbeyon
2014-05-19, 01:59 PM
Does that post mean its a new round?

draconomial
2014-05-19, 05:38 PM
I think so

... people still grappled (Sora and Venethrax) ... The drake does not dodge Soras flames and eats the entire firebreath, causing it to let go and drop to the floor. It manages to land on its feet.
Is Sora grappled or no?

Sora's been rocking the weaponless shieldmaiden look so far, but I think she needs to get herself something pointy. What do you guys think?

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-19, 07:38 PM
Does that post mean its a new round?

Yes, I had waited for 4 of you to respond before the new round started.

I think so

Is Sora grappled or no?

Sora's been rocking the weaponless shieldmaiden look so far, but I think she needs to get herself something pointy. What do you guys think?

Not anymore, the firebreath had caused the Drake to let go, as of now the only one still grappled is Venthrax.

Though with the constant punching its being dealt, i dont think he'll be grappled for long.

Drake positions

One is still grappling Venethrax.
Marcus had Commanded one to flee.
One is on the ground at Soras feet.
Two are on the ceiling.

Anubis Dread
2014-05-19, 08:43 PM
I am a little unclear on distances. Ignoring the two on the roof as Marcus isn't aware of them, how many of the enemy could he include in a 10-foot radius spread?

Sønderjye
2014-05-20, 03:02 AM
Lol I'm so stubid forgot why I picked swordsage in the first place.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-22, 02:00 PM
I am a little unclear on distances. Ignoring the two on the roof as Marcus isn't aware of them, how many of the enemy could he include in a 10-foot radius spread?

you could hit two, since two are on the ground near you.

Sønderjye
2014-05-22, 02:08 PM
So since I shadow jaunted directly away from the combat are they comming towards me or flying away from me?

Elbeyon
2014-05-22, 02:19 PM
Hm. I really don't want them escaping since we'd just end up fighting them again. We should try and kill them now.

Shimeran
2014-05-22, 04:18 PM
Well if we really need to stop their retreat, I can drop some strong afflictions on them (Slow, Vertigo Field (difficult terrain and nausea), Glitterdust for blinding). That being said, I'm fairly sure this counts as defeating them, so I'm alright with leaving them to fight another day.

I might just end up throwing a Whelming Blast at them. It's non-lethal, so we could potential bring some "pets" back to town. How many can I get in 30' cone after a bit of repositioning and would they be in the air or on the ground?

Sønderjye
2014-05-22, 04:37 PM
Honestly I feel this discussion belongs in the IC.

I will participate in this discussion when I hear if they are flying towards me or away from me.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-22, 08:16 PM
They're retreating away from you guys. These are predators who had wanted to chow down on some food, but you guys are proving too powerful for them to bother with, especially since their ambush failed.

Elbeyon
2014-05-22, 08:32 PM
Unless I'm confused myself I believe the confusion was whether he teleported closer to town or farther down the tunnel (since he just jaunted away from combat without a real direction?). Cus if he teleported down the tunnel they would be flying towards him while if the other were true they'd be flying away? I'm not entirely sure.

Sønderjye
2014-05-23, 01:58 AM
I got that they were retreating. But this is a two way tunnel right. I assume the way they came was from the way we are heading and are returning the same way. When I teleported I didnt specify which way I did it. So I don't know if they are flying from the group from og towards me.

draconomial
2014-05-23, 11:20 AM
They're retreating away from you guys. These are predators who had wanted to chow down on some food, but you guys are proving too powerful for them to bother with, especially since their ambush failed.
Too bad for them, eh? Darwinism at work.

Elbeyon
2014-05-23, 11:43 AM
Does anyone near the retreating drakes have a light source? I'm curious if my character could see them.

Sønderjye
2014-05-23, 12:13 PM
Rolling attacks here cause I am massive derp
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Editted the rolls into the IC for convinience

The last post was assuming that combat is over(ish) so there shouldn't be anything that changes the curcumstances.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-23, 02:06 PM
How are you using breath weapons this often Sora?

Most Breath weapons you need to wait 1d4 rounds to use again.

draconomial
2014-05-23, 06:29 PM
Sora has two different breath weapon sources. Breaths with effects have a one round cooldown. Elemental fire breath can be done every round. Other breath elements have a 1d4 round cooldown.
It took three feats, I'm fairly certain I've said before, to get her breath weapons in a way that she can hit everything with them if she isn't immobilized.

EDIT: And for this will save, while checks are made for each breath, the effects don't stack, so only one can be successful.

Shimeran
2014-05-24, 05:28 PM
I was kind of waiting on an answer to how many I could get before. How tightly are grouped now? Assuming it's a slow, I could just burn my action undoing it with haste again if need be.

draconomial
2014-05-24, 09:13 PM
I was kind of waiting on an answer to how many I could get before. How tightly are grouped now? Assuming it's a slow, I could just burn my action undoing it with haste again if need be.
It's funny because I don't need to know, usually. I can hit two targets fifty five feet away from each other and everything in between with a cone attack from overhead. The ancient and successfully trialed strategy of a dragon.
And an even larger area with Haste! (but no extra attacks, or overlapping the same attack)

Elbeyon
2014-05-24, 09:18 PM
Oh! I forgot that I was under the effects of haste. Unless these guys are fast fliers I'll definitely be able to past them this turn.

draconomial
2014-05-24, 09:37 PM
But if they're slowing you again, then that haste nullifies one of those slows. If you make the save against all four of those effects, you still have haste. If you make all but one, you're not hasted or slowed. If you fail two saves, then you're slowed. That's the only way in which identical magic effects stack; when dispelling them.

Elbeyon
2014-05-24, 09:48 PM
I shouldn't be in range of their attacks so it shouldn't matter. I was waiting on my light question to be answered by the other players, but that took so long I missed that combat round. In some type of weird chance that means the battle moved away from me and I should be out of range of their breath weapons. My character literally did nothing last round.

draconomial
2014-05-24, 10:27 PM
With the number of magical items in the party, you can assume (as there's a 30% chance for any given magic item) that the party has a 20-foot radius bright light source, with shadowy light in a 40-foot radius.

Shimeran
2014-05-24, 10:48 PM
Alright, to keep things rolling, I decided to just retaliate with my own slow spell. That should chain well enough to get them all and even things out a bit.

draconomial
2014-05-25, 01:10 AM
Unless it'll last longer than 2 rounds, they've already been slowed.

Shimeran
2014-05-25, 09:35 AM
That's odd, I thought they were still moving and attacking, which shouldn't be doable under a slow. The spell would last 7 rounds, but if there's too much overlap I can fit the "give them a taste of their own medicine" and "arcane curse" lines with a Vertigo Field (creates difficult terratin and inflicts nausea at DC 17 vs fortitude).

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-26, 04:11 PM
Sora has two different breath weapon sources. Breaths with effects have a one round cooldown. Elemental fire breath can be done every round. Other breath elements have a 1d4 round cooldown.
It took three feats, I'm fairly certain I've said before, to get her breath weapons in a way that she can hit everything with them if she isn't immobilized.

EDIT: And for this will save, while checks are made for each breath, the effects don't stack, so only one can be successful.

Yeah, I know.

The drakes are flying side by side.

Unless it'll last longer than 2 rounds, they've already been slowed.

That's odd, I thought they were still moving and attacking, which shouldn't be doable under a slow. The spell would last 7 rounds, but if there's too much overlap I can fit the "give them a taste of their own medicine" and "arcane curse" lines with a Vertigo Field (creates difficult terratin and inflicts nausea at DC 17 vs fortitude).

They made the fortitude to not get slowed.

Sønderjye
2014-05-26, 04:31 PM
Wait does the drakes have so much natural armor that I can't hit it while it lie dead on the floor?

draconomial
2014-05-26, 04:47 PM
They made the fortitude to not get slowed.
Reread my action post. A successful save means that they get slowed for one round instead of two.

Wait does the drakes have so much natural armor that I can't hit it while it lie dead on the floor?
... yeah... That action would be a coup de grace.

to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target. You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. A rogue also gets her extra sneak attack damage against a helpless opponent when delivering a coup de grace. Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening opponents. You can’t deliver a coup de grace against a creature that is immune to critical hits.
You'd have to be a lvl 0 peasant to miss an immobile creature less than half-dead. Though it is a full-round action.
Also

A helpless target is treated as having a Dexterity of 0 (–5 modifier)

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-27, 12:01 AM

Reread my action post. A successful save means that they get slowed for one round instead of two.

... yeah... That action would be a coup de grace.

You'd have to be a lvl 0 peasant to miss an immobile creature less than half-dead. Though it is a full-round action.
Also

Ah, damn it I thought the save was immune to the slow.

Erm, well its kinda too late to put the effects on now, since ive already moved and attacked, erm.....

Oh, and I was just playing around with "the sword bounces off the scales" thing. It was just a joke

Sønderjye
2014-05-27, 05:47 AM
draconomial Thanks for the insight. Ven didn't make a coup de grace though, he just violently stapped the creature to get some anger out.

TheCrowing1432 I'm not sure I am familiar with that joke

draconomial
2014-05-28, 05:43 PM
How many drakes are there? Because there's no way that the drake that Sora was near got close enough to her for a 15 ft. breath, even without being slowed. This is really really messy, and I can't decide what to post without knowing.

TheCrowing1432
2014-05-28, 06:00 PM
How many drakes are there? Because there's no way that the drake that Sora was near got close enough to her for a 15 ft. breath, even without being slowed. This is really really messy, and I can't decide what to post without knowing.

its a 30ft cone.

there are four flying side by side.

draconomial
2014-05-28, 07:02 PM
Then yeah, the one that was by Sora couldn't have reached her. She went 70 ft away. It's movement speed was even cut in half.

Check this out, Crowing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZHAHmWZ_T2xBpDBwvRxnfHGYhVUVa_jTEhHPRESzBHc/edit?usp=sharing)

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-03, 03:37 PM
Then yeah, the one that was by Sora couldn't have reached her. She went 70 ft away. It's movement speed was even cut in half.

Check this out, Crowing (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZHAHmWZ_T2xBpDBwvRxnfHGYhVUVa_jTEhHPRESzBHc/edit?usp=sharing)

oh wow thats cool. and Sora doesnt have to make the save, but everyone else was near each other so they do

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-07, 04:39 PM
Hello, anyone?

Sønderjye
2014-06-07, 04:43 PM
I'm waiting for responds.

draconomial
2014-06-08, 01:31 AM
oh wow thats cool. and Sora doesn't have to make the save, but everyone else was near each other so they do
That sounds like sarcasm. Skip me once. Sora can shrug off all the slows within 6 seconds, using a swift action.

Sønderjye
2014-06-10, 05:28 AM
Can I have a summary of which buffs are still in effect and how far away people are from each other? I feel a tad confused.

draconomial
2014-06-10, 05:30 AM
I feel a tad confused.

RIGHT? DM, just lay down how it is, right now. Pull WoG

Sønderjye
2014-06-10, 05:50 AM
What's WoG?

draconomial
2014-06-10, 01:29 PM
What's WoG?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WordOfGod
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Retcon

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-11, 12:07 AM
Alright, as of right now, The drakes are slowed by the breath weapon that I misread.

Each of them selected a different target and are flying towards that target.

Venethrax had a rage fit and stabbed a corpse, to which I made his sword bounce off his scales for no reason other then I thought it was funny. He then advanced towards the drakes.

Sandrei is moving along the wall towards the drakes and stopped to cast glitterdust

Sora is hanging in the back 70 feet away.

Marcus is casting another spell on them, I dont know how far away from the drakes he is, id say about 30.

Natilee is running right at the drakes.

Sønderjye
2014-06-11, 04:15 PM
Does this count as a new encounter since they actually ran away and some time passed before they came back? I am asking to if I have maneuvers recovered

TheCrowing1432
2014-06-13, 02:06 PM
No, same encounter as they havent moved out of your range. They attempted to flee but kept getting attacked by you guys, forcing them to stay.

draconomial
2014-06-14, 02:37 AM
I am keeping the table on the first page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17308772#post17308772) up to date.
They're not going to escape.

Sønderjye
2014-06-15, 06:43 AM
fort [roll0] or [roll1]

Sønderjye
2014-07-01, 08:45 AM
Alright I'm lost. Can someone tell me when it's my turn to post?

draconomial
2014-07-06, 11:21 PM
A slow death... indeed.

TheCrowing1432
2014-07-09, 02:04 AM
where is everyone?

Anubis Dread
2014-07-09, 10:04 AM
Strictly speaking I'm here, but I don't think it's my turn.