PDA

View Full Version : My DM....

Barbarian Horde
2014-04-14, 10:31 PM
Welp I've got a Cloak of Invisibility. Can someone explain this item in dnd terms? Do I stay invisible till I attack, or is that just the spell? Do I maintain invisibility for the whole 5 min activation period, or until I get hit with melee or ranged attack?

Ellowryn
2014-04-14, 10:35 PM
What book is the item from, or rather what are its listed abilities?

Barbarian Horde
2014-04-14, 10:39 PM
Rofl honestly he didnt say. Just you found a cloak of invisibility last 5 mins on activation. Didn't specify anything past that. Should I ask next session?

Ellowryn
2014-04-14, 10:46 PM
Yeah, try and find out:
- Method of Activation i.e Command or Use Activated
- Action Used to Activate
- Item Caster Level
- Actual Spell being Used to Achieve Invisibility, and its Limitations

Though a short answer to you other questions, assuming its just 5 minutes of normal invisibility, then it would break only when you perform an actual attack weather successful or not, regardless if you managed to get hit with an attack.

Sliver
2014-04-15, 03:28 AM
I don't think it's an item that exists, at least by that name. It could be a custom item and then the playground can't really help you here.

Cast Identify (Or get someone to do it) or use UMD to play around with it until it works.

By the duration, it sounds like Invisibility, which breaks when you do any action that is considered an attack. But it can also be some longer-duration version of Greater Invisibility, which doesn't, and is closer to the HP-verse version of a cloak of invisibility, which might be what your DM is getting at.

You could have come up with a better title than "My DM..." though. :smallwink:

Trasilor
2014-04-15, 07:32 AM
Animated Series Handbook page 12 - Cloak of Invisibility.

However, the duration on your cloak is much longer.