PDA

View Full Version : Player Help (3.5) Fun Goblin Character

Zanthy1
2014-04-15, 08:43 AM
Hello Playground!

Lat night my buddy showed my the Goblins webcomic, and I fell in love with the idea of goblin PCs. So after reading way to many in one sitting, I decided to roll up one myself. So what I want from y'all is your opinion on the build, and any ideas using Core to make this even more fun. (He is currently only level 1, so future ideas are always welcome).

Sneakums Divine, Goblin Cleric of Olidamarra (CN)
Str 13
Dex 15
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 16
Cha 10

Feats: Eschew Materials
Domains: Luck and Trickery

My idea was to play him like he was a rogue, so he wears light armor and a buckler, fights with a sickle (but has daggers of course). Skills were made to mimic a rogue but also not really? Generally I want to play him as a goblin cleric who just doesn't really understand the cleric's role in the party, and just does what comes naturally to him, sneaking and hitting things lol.

Love any input and feedback!

Thanks!

ArcaneGlyph
2014-04-15, 08:49 AM
I used this idea for a kobold cleric of kurtlemak. I took the kobold domain and trickery domain (I think) to get all the rogue abilities. I used the cloisterd variant to get a few extra skill points as well because I planned to play in leather anyways. Maybe you can reflavour this idea for a goblin?

Zanthy1
2014-04-15, 10:05 AM
Oooh where is the cloistered variant located?

JeminiZero
2014-04-15, 10:14 AM
Oooh where is the cloistered variant located?
Its on the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) actually.

Devils_Advocate
2014-04-16, 01:27 AM
It's pretty rare for Cleric spells to require inexpensive material components, so I wouldn't recommend the Eschew Materials feat. Often a spell will say "Arcane Material Component", with "M/DF" in the Components line, meaning that only the arcane version requires a material component, and the divine version instead requires a divine focus (your holy symbol).

Your character might prefer weapon proficiency with the rapier, Olidammara's favored weapon. And if you favor Dex, then you can take Weapon Finesse as your 3rd level feat and get a really nice bonus to hit as well as to armor class. So I'd instead go

Str 11
Dex 18
Con 15
Int 12
Wis 16
Cha 10