PDA

View Full Version : Family Business (IC)

Nettlekid
2014-04-15, 02:43 PM
The air is fresh and the sun is bright. After a long and gloomy if not particularly cold winter, the trees are fanning branches of fresh leaves out into the cloudless afternoon sky. To the rugged barbarian tribes in the frigid north, this marks the start of the fishing season when the ice thins enough to break and the temperature is at least tolerable to a toughened hide and heart. In the parched desert and cloud-capped mountains of the west, mining villages take store of water and provisions in the few months before the sun becomes nigh unbearable and they retreat to underground caves where there is shade and more importantly profit to be had. None sense the change of season more acutely than the Elves and the inhabitants of the forests of the east, where playful Fey begin dancing in the budding flowers and the canopy once more grows thick and mottles the forest floor in dancing shadows.

After months of general complacency, villages and the roads between them are abuzz with activity. The coming of spring also heralds the coming of the annual Festival of Kings, a week-long celebration held in the capital city of Magnalia. Promoting tourism, fostering goodwill between the four cardinal territories of the continent, providing a diversion for the common-folk, and for a few talented and lucky winners a means to fame and fortune by the Festival's ending ceremony of the Tournament of Champions, the Festival of Kings draws commoners and adventurers from all across the continent.

The Festival begins in nearly a week's time, meaning that the connecting roads are filled will a range of ambitious and excited travelers. But of course, this also means the roads are full of potential prey and marks for bandits and thieves. It's not always safe on the roads. The central traveler's city of Burrett is well-fortified and a famous aid to wanderers and adventurers, and it is on the road headed toward this town that many would-be champions first meet as they march south to the capital city.

So this is a pretty bare-bones way to start, meeting on the road, but if it gets the job done then no reason not to. Feel free to write an intro describing where you're from, perhaps your intention for traveling, and if someone has posted before you then maybe you run into one another. Pick a color to speak in as well. The OoC thread is found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?340002-Family-Business).

alberozuko
2014-04-16, 02:52 PM
"Well, here we are. No going back now, I suppose." Marcelino mattered to himself as he looked at the city.

And so he was, a simple monk who has lived his entire life enclosed in a building, going into a tournament of wits. Mainly because of Maître Kriv's insistence on Marcelino savouring the outside world and his Abad's unreasonably need for prestige (And the donations that come with it) is why Marcelino has been sent to such a perilious place.
He looks at the task with as much idealism as everything else; after all, this will be a great chance to see if the scriptures he had researched attained to the truth or not.

He then remembered what Maître Kriv had told him about travelling; that it was dangerous to go in the roads alone, and that usually the company of other travellers usually keeps brigands (Or at least the smart ones) away. He put himself to the task and started looking for someone to walk with.

Lady Moreta
2014-04-16, 08:23 PM
Indy approached the road to Burrett with some trepidation. She'd been avoiding the main roads as much as possible, but had finally reached the point where it was the road or nothing. She wasn't pleased. She wasn't really pleased with this whole situation. She understood the League's desire to have someone enter this Tournament of Champions. It would drum up new recruits, who'd been a bit scarce lately, and the money would always be welcome. She just didn't understand why it had to be her who entered. Darnel had said that she was one of the best (and Indy, not given to false modesty, knew he was right), but she was convinced his reasons had less to do with her being the 'best' and more to do with his insistence that she 'get out and meet some people. All this skulking about the woods wasn't healthy'. When she'd pointed out that she was hardly the only League member who preferred travelling the wilds alone, he countered with the fact that most of those still welcomed the chance to meet new people. Indy begrudged the one month a year she had to help maintain a League Station. She'd grizzled and griped in a childish manner thoroughly unbecoming, and finally given in. Darnel knew her too well and knew all the right buttons to push.

And so here I am, she thought as she reached the road and stared dismally at the hordes of people. You owe me for this Darnel. Indy straightened up, tugging her hood further over her head to conceal her face. She might be forced to walk amongst these people, but she certainly didn't want to talk to them. Her bow was unstrung and slung over her back, but she kept one hand carefully on the head of the morningstar at her belt. Bandits came out in force at this time of year, and she had no intention of contributing to their coffers.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-16, 09:16 PM
The bright and shinning day seemed quite peaceful, birds were chirping and travelers were traversing across the dusty road in a relaxed but steady pace. All in all an ordinary day that was filled with tranquility and the surrounding natural beauty of the wilderness... except in the distance the keen of eye would notice an odd sight: a small dust cloud at the edge of the horizon slowly getting larger and moving quickly towards them.

"I SAID MOVE IT YOU USELESS BUCKET OF BOLTS! I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME UNDERSTAND WHY I DIDN'T SCRAP YOU LIKE YOUR 23 SIBLINGS BEFORE YOU! "

"I apologize Big Daddy; however I do believe that I have reached my maximum safe velocity, if you wish for me to accelerate any further I am afraid that the cart you designed would simply shake itself into pieces... Oh look other meatbags, Father may we stop to converse with them in regards to the prices of select commodities and local weather patterns?"

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK BACK TO YOUR CREATOR, I AM YOUR GOD DAMN IT! THIS CART WILL HOLD JUST FINE, IT'S STURDIER THAN YOU, YOU MISERABLE AUTOMATON! WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY... PEOPLE?! THERE ARE PEOPLE IN FRONT OF US?!"

"Affirmative sir, at our current rate of speed we should make impact within 25.4859 seconds, shall we stop to converse? I would dearly love to test out my new social protocol program."

"VACANT VECCNA VAULTING ON A VERANDA! YOU SUICIDAL BOT, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO KILL ME?!?! I ORDER TO STOPPP....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Out from them the dust cloud a foreign object launches mightily skyward, cursing every known god on every known plane. To anyone watching this calamity, a gnome had just learned to fly and as the dust settled a lone metallic figured remained stationary, bound in a harness to a makeshift rickshaw.

Lady Moreta
2014-04-16, 10:34 PM
Indy stares in disbelief as a swearing gnome flies through the air. Part of her thinks she should probably go and see if he's all right. Part of her thinks there are plenty of other people around who can perform the same function. The largest part is more curious about the metallic object she can see some distance back. Curiosity getting the better of her, she begins to pick her way through the crowds to reach the gnome.

alberozuko
2014-04-17, 02:56 AM
Suddenly, form behind him a strong noise was heard. Marcelino turned around to see something flying opposite his direction.
Disregarding what surely was an object of some sort, Marcelino tries to locate the source of the sound. Upon close inspection of his surroundings, Marcelino discovered there was an automaton, one of those strange constructs who are pseudoselfaware.
He inmediately aproaches the automaton and the destroyed ricksaw with surprise. He also took out his symbol for if a repair miracle was neccesary...

Umbranar
2014-04-17, 04:27 AM
Arman looks at the crowd from the side of the road, leaning against a tree. There will be plenty supplies to trade but this number of people made him nervous.
The past few days he tried to avoid the roads as much as possible but this time he had no choice. After correcting his robes that he wears over his dragonhide armor, he covers his head with his hood and joins the crowd.

Moments later he hears the crash behind him and the Gnome and watches in awe for a moment. He then runs up to where he expects the Gnome will land.

Yas392
2014-04-17, 06:37 AM
Ksingtash or Gary, he would preferred to be called, sighs. He read the parchment back then in Gladstone village, situated in between Eornal and Cyridhi and if it was real, then his academy has to be one of the organization that is involved in sponsoring such events. Reason for naught but he could guess they needed more students. Having some representatives like graduates might boost the morale of the citizens to sign up for a full time course or extra curriculum besides their primary profession. He would not be surprised if some of his colleague enter the games. Did all of them received invitations or only just a selective few?

He could interrogate himself as many times but he would still be going. For some reason, Gary could feel that this is the answer to his budding virus that seeks to usher his constant tranquillity out to replace with unerring thoughts. Weather is good and all. This path is rarely used. It is more of a detour or a secretive route that he used to avoid being strip bare by bandits. It is not entirely difficult to manoeuvre across, just annoying with all twigs and the stench from dung but for him, it is nothing as he used this road many time in the past. He comes out of the detour and is on the path, approaching a sign that points to "Burrett Town" when a gnome just flies out from nowhere and lands unceremoniously a small distance away and people starts to gather at that spectacular launch. He turns and sees a construct, raising an eyebrow.

alberozuko
2014-04-17, 08:31 AM
Completely unaware of the flying gnome and the crown gathering around it, Marcelino aproaches the construct with a face full of worry; and not before thinking how exactly he was gonna spark a conversation with such a being (Which he hadn't seen ever before), he said to it:

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but see what has just happened and coming here; I'm Marcelino, a humble priest of Celia. Are you in need of any help?
reaching your fallen valuables, perhaps?

Of course Marcelino had thought the gnome was a bag of things the construct was transporting, so he didn't pay the amount of worry that he should be in this particular situation.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-17, 09:35 AM
Unit X-1 is immediately aware of the crowd gathering around the destroyed cart, it knew 'Big Daddy' would be alright though since its full run was only as fast as a horse's canter. At the sound of something to its immediate right, Unit X-1 instinctively draws its oversized blade and faces the possible threat. Combat protocol initiating.... initial threat assessment commencing..................1 Meatbag found, size: unremarkable, body position: Passive, Armed: N/A.... threat of structural integrity 0.454675% Disabling Battle protocol, have a nice day! While its ocular apparatus scanned the self proclaimed cleric a distinct and unusual sound came from the automaton, at close range it sounded like music of a calm and catchy yet entirely unremarkable nature.

Lifting its sword in the air, Unit X-1 quickly severs the straps connected to the harness and deftly sheathes the massive blade. Friendly meatbag in close proximity, initiating SOAL program V 2.0... "Good day to you... Meatbag Marcelino, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance on such a aesthetically pleasing time of 14:00 hours at these designated coordinates 45 degrees 39' 17". Shall we discuss the prices of locally grown commodities.... My apologies you asked a question, hold a moment while I process your request....." The music returns for a few seconds "Negative, your query has yielded invalid results please restate your question with different phrasing or make another request: Unit X-1 does not 'own' possessions."

alberozuko
2014-04-17, 12:45 PM
("Meatbag? Must be a local argot. i need to get more in touch with the underground sayings...") Marcelino thought; his obfuscating obliviousness completely bypassing the remark. He inmediately thought on how exactly to phrase a question in a way it could understand.

With a rather fake monotone voice, he said "Unit X-1 what has flown from this ricksaw? Do you require assistance on (He thinks a little before responding) retrieving said object that has flown off?

Then, remembering what Maître Kriv had said about tolerance and race equality, and realized he needed to find someone to walk with to the city. Befriending this individual couldn't bring anything but good, right?

"Oh, and an aditional query, could I, meatbag Marcelino ("I better pay respect to his argots, or else I will look impolite") accompany you to the city?"

Morbis Meh
2014-04-17, 01:54 PM
The mithral construct narrows its ocular aperture seeming to ponder the rephrased question "New search parameters accepted, please hold while data retrieval commences...." The strange music begins playing again though after a few moments a voice accompanies it "Tired of those pesky vehicle accident repair bills that your current insurance company does cover? Try switching to Gnomeco, an insurance broker that truly cares for your needs and offers competitive rates in all of their service packages!" The peculiar announcement cuts out abruptly "Search yielded one match: Object last seen exiting designated vehicle at a velocity of 17.836475 feet per second was none other that Sir Phineas Geraldo Applebottom the third, esquire, Former Lord of Applebottom estates, master tinkerer, mechanical genius, three time recipient of the Gnomeland's most desirable bachelor award, and creator of the perfect ham sandwich. I assure you that he himself is most capable of retrieving himself along with what will most assuredly be his broken pride. In regards to your other proposal, it would bring a level sufficient positive emotion for you, Meatbag Marcelino, to join me as I, which from this point on shall be replaced with the appropriate term 'we', venture toward at a steady yet leisurely pace of 4.4 ft per second to our intermediate destination of Burret, current population *error*.

alberozuko
2014-04-17, 02:52 PM
"A pefect ham sandwich? He truly must be an incredible person."

At the same time, Marcelino tried to remember what he had looked about the city, in regards to complete the construct's phrase, as he seemed (Or at least Marcelino thought he did) that the automaton wanted to say the information but was incapable of doing so. Seeing somebody that needs to know something is an inmediate interruptor for Marcelino to aproach with an answer if he had it.

Rolling Lore to see if Marcelino knows the population:
Skill activation: Lore
[roll0]

Nettlekid
2014-04-17, 03:54 PM
Skill activation: Lore
[roll0]

Haha, what a roll. You don't know the population, but mainly because there isn't much of a fixed number. Burrett is a trader city and even most merchants are just passing through. There are guards and a few permanent establishments like a tavern and a church, but much of the town is easily packed up and put on a wagon.

By the way, let me know if I should be pushing things along. You guys seem to be having a good time interacting, but I don't want to leave people out.

Also I'm envisioning that this road you're on just now actually isn't that crowded. While the daily traffic might be quite high, there are probably only a few people on the road at any given time, just there's always a few headed along.

Also also, here (http://www.reocities.com/SiliconValley/7628/gaming/Batlmat.bmp) is a very bare-bones battle grid. Every now and again (like now) I might ask you to decide where your character is standing, just so we're all on the same page. As you are headed from the east, most of you would be progressing from the right hand side toward the left. Burrett is still over a few hills, but not far from here. The road you are on is a packed dirt path going East/West from G to L. To the east there are still trees, but the southeast and south are beginning to be dominated by tall grasses.

tri
2014-04-18, 12:50 AM
A lone figure climbs out from the debris of the rickshaw, obviously disoriented. "Damn, of all the travellers with wagons heading here, I sure made a horrible decision to hitch a ride on this one.", he mutters. Kaerin stands up slowly, brushing the dirt off his cloak, turning to address the 2 figures, but decides against it after hearing their nonsensical conversation about meatbags. Seeing that those 2 are still engrossed in their weird conversation, Kaerin attempts to sneak away silently.

Move Silently check: [roll0]

tri
2014-04-18, 12:51 AM
OoC: Weird, my roll didn't show.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Lady Moreta
2014-04-18, 03:07 AM
Seeing the number of people crowding around the - gnome, apparently, who had flown off the rickshaw, Indy proceeds to ignore it and goes to investigate the creature pulling the vehicle instead. She arrives just in time to hear the tail-end of the conversation, and can't help herself. Hearing the (admittedly impressive) construct referring to someone as 'meatbag' triggers what others have described as a slightly warped sense of humour and she bursts out laughing.

"Sorry, sorry," she apologises hastily, before anyone can take offense. "I'd be careful about referring to people as 'meatbags'. This gentleman doesn't appear to mind, but most people will likely be offended."

Yas392
2014-04-18, 04:54 AM
Gary shoves through the wagons and people that are moving along the road, ignoring rude stares. He couldn't help but to pipe in after he reaches the automaton.

Isn't meatbag a derogatory term for living organism because it's referring to their encasement that look like a sack that houses their insides? Clearly, its rude but I do not find the term offensive nor impressive for an insult. Can't they just laugh out at the ridiculousness of the coinage?

His brain momentarily stopped working as he finish his opinion about the term. The brain is trying to comprehend what is so humorous about it. He is not getting it.

What is it that you found funny, miss? Is it the automaton?

alberozuko
2014-04-18, 06:26 AM
Marcelino realizes other people aproaching him and talking. Apparently his conversation had triggered some kind of comedy act. Not wanting to make a show out of all of this; he aproaches the two.
"Excuse my impolite intermission, sir and madam. Apparently something from this vehicle has flown away, do you know where it could...? "
Finally Marcelino finds the crowd gathering around and realizes the (Plainly obvious) truth.
"Oh, goodness! It has been a person that has fallen?! Is he hurt? Oh, how unforgivable of me; my name is Marcelino, I'm a huimble priest for the godddess Celia.

Umbranar
2014-04-18, 09:15 AM
Arman looks at the priest while helping the gnome to stand and nods as a matter of greeting.
Although I do not know much about healing, I think the man will live although he is somewhat bruised. What is that..thing pulling the cart?

alberozuko
2014-04-18, 11:42 AM
"Its mane is Unit X-1. He appears to be one of those automatons they call warforged." Marcelino states.

Lady Moreta
2014-04-18, 09:49 PM
Indy tilts her head at the newcomer.

"Errr, most people are offended when someone says something rude, whether it's intentional or not." She says, a little baffled by his attitude. Was it possible there was someone out there in the world worse with people than she was? The thought made her smile and she hastily smothered it. "Some people probably will just ignore it, or find it amusing. Others will be highly offended. I was suggesting he avoid using the term in future to avoid any misunderstandings. And no, I don't find the automaton amusing, just this entire situation."

She ignores the priest introducing himself, she has no real desire to involve herself with these people, and certainly no desire to introduce herself. Her eyes stray towards the road again, wondering if she can slip away now.

I shall be standing in I-4, quite arbitrary, but someone's gotta pick a spot.

Nettlekid
2014-04-19, 12:17 AM
Okay, I'm just going to assign spaces. Indy, I'm going to slide you over to being I-12 instead, just because you're all headed West (left) and so things can appear to the left. Similarly, I'm sliding Gary over to I-14 (so the same place relative to Indy.) X-1 can be at F-13 (the idiot who made this grid forgot the letter H!) Marcelino is at G-13, Big Daddy at E-10, Kaerin at F-9, and Arman at F-10.

Anyway, I've just rolled your Spot checks. You didn't do too well.
http://i60.tinypic.com/15psxtx.jpg

In the midst of the confusion caused by both a crashing rickshaw and the investigation of the unusual mechanical creature, which is certainly a novelty for those used to a simpler way of life, the tall grasses to the south begin to rustle. A few sharp-eyed members might notice it, but it seems to be no more than the wind blowing over the fields. So it comes as a great surprise to everyone involved when, bursting from the underbrush, tumble out several (five) Goblins. They look a bit malnourished, but scrappy and rough.
"Welllll, hello hello, what's we got here?" one of them chuckles, baring his sharp teeth. A glint of steel shines from his hand. "The roads's been positively poppin' with tall folk runnin' back and forth these days. A fella might not know if he's comin' or goin', with all these hectic business here."
"And talkin' of business, we're runnin' one," a second Goblin chimes in. "This here's not a free path, ya know? There's a toll for walking the way. There's gotta be someone to keep the path flat, clearin' away brambles and the like, keepin' it clean and in order for youse busys. Them's your tax gold at work. And as it so happens, we're in the business of collectin' that tax gold. So uh, you know the way it goes here. There's...there's, uh...what was it?"
"We've got a pedestr'an tax, we'll need to collect for your vee-hick-u-lar registration, and for the cleanup of this here wreck, ifn' you got insurance, and if you ain't, we can sell it you ya for an exorbitant rate. That means small, you know. Good deal. So there's six o' you guys, I'd be convinced to count the Gnome as half, but whatever your golem man is has gotta pony up too. I think it oughta go around 50 gold pieces a head, and an extra hundred for the cart. That's the rates," a third Goblin explains.
"That's the rates, and them's the breaks," the first one pipes up again. "And there's an easy way or a hard way to get it outta you. What's it gonna be, buds?"

Morbis Meh
2014-04-19, 12:51 AM
At the sudden increase in the amount of people in its immediate proximity, Unit X-1 begins emitting grinding and clicking noises trying to do rapid threat analysis on each new target. The addition of the goblins increased the volume of the noise and suddenly the blue light given off by Unit X-1's ocular device turned into a vicious red. Meatbag tolerance within immediate vicinity has exceeded maximum thresh hold value, combat mode automatically engaging... If override necessary please enter passkey within five seconds.... 5....4....3...2...1. Combat mode activated, initiating primary threat survey.... 5 hostiles detected of the scumbag goblin variety, may they die slow agonizing deaths and burn for all eternity in the most horrific depths of the abyss, probability of structural damage 37.3748%: low priority; harm to recent meatbag acquaintances 67.38475: not a priority; harm to 'Big Daddy' 78.3748%: top priority engaging conflict resolution protocol: KILL ALL GREEN DEVILS!

The noises suddenly stop and the iron behemoth springs into action entering a battle stance and stomping forward towards the fallen gnome; however, its sword remained sheathed like it was unwilling to haphazardly provoke further hostilities before reaching the side of its priority. Looking down Unit X-1's voice suddenly booms out at a much deeper pitch "Scumbag goblin, desist your actions and your horrible abuse of the common language, rodents such as yourself are only fit for work in the harshest of salt mines not as municipal employees. You have 10 seconds to crawl back into the reeking gutter that spewed you or I shall craft an out of tune xylophone from your crooked, useless spine!"

Swift: Punishing Stance, move D11 and I guess that would be an intimidate roll.... [roll0] +4 for size difference already included... Sorry for the sudden hostile retaliation but X-1 was built by a gnome and there is nothing more a gnome hates than a goblin....

Nettlekid
2014-04-19, 01:03 AM
Hold on just a moment with those actions; you've yet to even roll for initiative. I want to give a chance for dialogue before battle starts, if it does. However, your Intimidate succeeds. Which Goblin did you want to target with it?

Also I daresay a Gnome hates a Kobold more than a Goblin.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-19, 01:07 AM
Hold on just a moment with those actions; you've yet to even roll for initiative. I want to give a chance for dialogue before battle starts, if it does. However, your Intimidate succeeds. Which Goblin did you want to target with it?

Also I daresay a Gnome hates a Kobold more than a Goblin.
This isn't a combat action, hence why its weapon isn't drawn this is simply dialogue from X-1, as for which goblin probably number 5 the closest one to 'Big Daddy'. If this was combat it would have just charged in, big sword aswinging! Take it as you will but this wasn't meant to be a combat action or anything, just a retort.

Nettlekid
2014-04-19, 01:18 AM
This isn't a combat action, hence why its weapon isn't drawn this is simply dialogue from X-1, as for which goblin probably number 5 the closest one to 'Big Daddy'. If this was combat it would have just charged in, big sword aswinging! Take it as you will but this wasn't meant to be a combat action or anything, just a retort.

As you like. I was thinking mainly about the movement-If you move, they can move, before other players even get here, and that might leave some people behind. Hence why the Intimidation worked (no real lasting effect) but I want you to hold up on anything more than talking.

Lady Moreta
2014-04-19, 02:12 AM
"Oh for pity's sake," Indy exclaims, exasperated. "No one here is paying you anything, so go away. Or we'll all just stand back and watch the 'golem' here make an out-of-tune xylophone out of you. Should be entertaining." Indy grins widely at the goblin nearest her. Despite her suggestion that they sit back and watch, her hand has dropped to the morningstar at her belt, and she slips it loose and into her hand.

Not going to move anywhere, I get bonuses if I move 10ft before attacking.

Yas392
2014-04-19, 02:44 AM
Given the thoughts of what the others are saying, why not target other adorned wagons? It is certainly a viable alternative to the one machine running rampant like this. We are penniless and we need to be on our way. Can you please let us pass without violence?

Gary fumbles his pockets, his hands turning up with nothing. Already knew of the deceit, he pretends to be obfuscating, trying to goad them into leave him in good health.

See, there is nothing here. Cleaning the road is good and all but can you make an exception for these travellers? We have a matter of great importance.

He pats his pocket, showing them his right hand while his left hand tries to get his dorje without suspicion.

Diplomacy - [roll0]
Bluff - [roll1]
Sleight of Hands (Dexterity check) - [roll2]

Not moving but readied action to cast psionic charm on one goblin if his diplomacy doesn't work and if they tries to come close.

alberozuko
2014-04-19, 05:18 AM
Marcelino hears the obvious scam. "For the love of Grand Celia, we are trying to have a conversation! How impolite.
And also, i hadn't heard of any toll, and you seem to not unterstand the situation you've thrown yourselves in. Still, Celia forgives; and as such I must too. Please, abandon this damaging endeavor, before someone else turns you into mincemeat."

Diplomacy: [roll0]
He will move back to G-15, for if things don't go as planned. Also, if any of them comes close to me; I will use Command (Run away).

Nettlekid
2014-04-19, 03:32 PM
"Tch, they say you can't get blood from a stone. I think we'll have to put that to the test. In some cases more literally than others, am I right? We gave you the chance to pony up, but you gotta pay the piper either way. Get 'em!" the first Goblin cries out.

Everyone roll for initiative. And also I should say that when it seems likely that a combat is imminent, I'm not going to allow combat actions in out-of-combat settings. If you weapon was drawn beforehand, then it's in your hand. If an enemy jumps out, no, you're not allowed to draw your weapon "before battle begins," because it was effectively a surprise round of them getting into position and then free actions of dialogue. So Indy, you do not have your morningstar drawn, nor do you have your Dorje Gary, nor has Marcelino moved back. You may make all of those actions on your respective turns.

EDIT/Continuation:
I posted the initiative in the OoC thread, but here it is again.
Indy-16
Kaerin-14
Arman-14 (lower mod)
X-1 (and Big Daddy)-13
Marcelino-10
Gary-8

http://i60.tinypic.com/2m4f7yh.jpg

The first to act is a pair of Goblins (numbers 3 and 2) who act quicker than the others and even the fleet-footed Indy.
Goblin 3, who would go first, delays just a moment.
Goblin 2 dashes around to the north of Indy to square J-12, but provokes an attack of opportunity from her in doing so.
Goblin 2 prepares the action to attack Indy when Goblin 3 swoops around to flank.
Goblin 3 moves to G-12 to flank with Goblin 2, but provokes an attack of opportunity from both Kaerin and from Indy if she chose not to attack Goblin 2.
Goblin 2's prepared action triggers, and he attacks with his Small Morningstar. Thanks to the flank, his total attack roll is 16! His strike would have hit, but Indy's Uncanny Dodge keeps her on her toes at all times. His attack swings too far to the left, and he is disappointed that he's now in a vulnerable position.
Goblin 3 attacks Indy, also with a Small Morningstar. His total attack roll is 10, even worse than Goblin 2! Now it's simply his poor timing, and not even Indy's agility putting him to shame.
Goblin 1 is annoyed with his cohorts, and hopes that these traveling chumps are as weak as they seem to be.

Indy, you're up!

Yas392
2014-04-23, 05:30 PM
At the dawn of battle, Gary sighs. You asked for it! He shuts his eyes to manifest his power, unleashing his psionic energies to one of the nearest goblin.

Will expend psionic focus if manifesting while the goblin is adjacent.
Concentration for defensive manifesting - 15+11=26
Manifesting Psionic Charm (DC 14)

Morbis Meh
2014-04-23, 07:51 PM
Noticing those vile scumsuckers had already given away their intentions, the metal juggernaut rushed forward at full speed and drew its weapon Combat procedure Omega commencing... before slamming into the disgusting green midget.

Swift: Punishing stance, Fullround: Charging Minotaur (charging of course) at number 5

Bull rush strength check (goblin is at -4 so this should be viable) [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Umbranar
2014-04-24, 04:00 AM
Arman shakes his head before casting a spell. A flame appears in his hand and as he trows it he yells at the goblins: You have chosen to harass the wrong people.

Standard action: Cast Produce flame and ranged touch attack at Goblin nr 1 [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] fire damage

alberozuko
2014-04-24, 09:02 AM
Marcelino sees the creature aproach him, and tries to flail at it with his mace to try to swat it off.

To hit roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Nettlekid
2014-04-25, 01:04 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/ngc57t.jpg

Kaerin takes a Total Defense action.

Arman is the first to act. The Goblin is nimble and small, but Arman's flame just narrowly strikes it! Lucky shot, looks like. Goblin 1 is struck and harmed, not in the best shape, but not yet downed.

X-1 stirs to action, charging toward Goblin 5 and pummeling the daylights out of him. Goblin 5 is hurled back five feet it should have been 10, but because of the diagonal it could only be 5 or 15 and collapses, unconscious and bleeding.

Marcelino's attack misses, glancing off the creature's light leather armor. What a pity.

Gary releases a wave of psychic energy. No Goblin is close enough that he need worry with defensive manifesting. The nearest goblin, Goblin 2, manages to resist the mental effect however.

The latter Goblins now spring into action. First is Goblin 1, angered by Arman's fiery assault. He lunges with a Charge, aiming to strike with his Small Short Sword. But Arman's armor is high quality, and Goblin's strike doesn't hit home at all.

Goblin 4 takes a five-foot step to flank with Goblin 1, and strikes at Kaerin with a Small Morningstar. He completely whiffs! Bad day for the Goblins!

Goblin 5 does not stabilize.

ROUND 2

The two quicker Goblins act again. Somehow their target from last round is gone. Reality is rewritten. Someone probably did something psiony. Weird.

Goblin 2 is suspicious of Gary, who made a threatening remark before appearing to do nothing, except that Goblin 2's head felt a little weird and he heard a strange chiming. "Get White-Eye, he's upta somethin'!" he snarls.

Goblin 3 is not concerned with the weak attacks by the traveling Cleric Marcelino. Provoking an attack of opportunity from Marcelino, he moves to G-15 and prepares to attack Gary when Goblin 2 flanks alongside him.

Goblin 2 takes a five-foot step and strikes with his Small Morningstar at Gary. Finally, Team Goblin lands a hit, though it *just* landed. And yet, a heavy strike! Gary takes 6 damage.

Goblin 3's prepared action activates, and he also goes for the attack with a similar Small Morningstar. Goblin 3's attack is much more sure. Heck, that would have hit even Arman! And that's heavy strike too! Gary takes 6 more damage.

The party can act.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-25, 01:21 PM
X-1 lets out a chuckle that sounds like a rusty gate slamming shut "That is right lesser beings, FLEE but I warn you I never stop, I shall make a fine pair of goblin skinned shoes for Master!" It surges forward, hydraulics buzzing loudly, towards the next available target Target acquired: commencing offensive maneuver program: Mountain Hammer... raising its massive blade high in the air and bringing it down with all the force that it can generate.

Move 10 ft to E9 and using mountain hammer;
to hit [roll0]
damage[roll1]
mountain hammer damage [roll2]

now in regards to your question from earlier, the extra d6 comes from Punishing stance, so effectively Unit X-1 has -2 AC for an extra 1d6 damage.

Nettlekid
2014-04-25, 02:14 PM
X-1 lets out a chuckle that sounds like a rusty gate slamming shut "That is right lesser beings, FLEE but I warn you I never stop, I shall make a fine pair of goblin skinned shoes for Master!" It surges forward, hydraulics buzzing loudly, towards the next available target Target acquired: commencing offensive maneuver program: Mountain Hammer... raising its massive blade high in the air and bringing it down with all the force that it can generate.

Move 10 ft to E9 and using mountain hammer;
to hit [roll0]
damage[roll1]
mountain hammer damage [roll2]

now in regards to your question from earlier, the extra d6 comes from Punishing stance, so effectively Unit X-1 has -2 AC for an extra 1d6 damage.

Ah, right you are. Okay then, edited the earlier post with the correct information.

Umbranar
2014-04-26, 10:30 AM
Just give up, your not leaving this place alive if you don`t. Arman then tries to burn the goblin once more.

Melee touch attack (produce flame)
[roll0]
damage roll:
[roll1] fire damage

alberozuko
2014-04-26, 01:07 PM
Marcelino sees the goblins hitting Gary; but his continued swatting hasn't stopped, and while the goblin two is moving he may get hit from it.
[roll0] To-hit roll.
Damage roll [roll1]

At the same time, Marcelino takes a 5ft. step to (I13). Then he does two things; first, using his Divine Metamagic (Quicken), I use up four of my five turning attempts to cast [Quickened Command: Flee] on Goblin 3.
Will DC 15 or run away like a chicken.

Also, with his actual action, Marcelino will spontaneusly cast [Cure Light Wounds] using his charge for Remove Fear.
[roll2]

Yas392
2014-04-26, 07:01 PM
This sensation...is it pain? His dull reactions had left him inching red, staining his robes with liquor. The co-ordination of the goblins were truly devastating. It cut true into his armor beneath his robes, promoting indentations. It seems the cut had healed and he can see normally. It's a good thing that a healer is close by. The healer! He must have stepped in to even the scales. And he must be doing something to the goblin that is flanking him. Let see if I can help him with the opening that he created. He must thank him if he get out of this alive.

Will attack goblin 2 if goblin 3 runs away by taking a 5 ft step to J14
Attack roll - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

If not..
Will move 5 ft step to G14 and attack goblin 3
Attack roll - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3]

Nettlekid
2014-04-27, 12:09 AM
Arman's fiery fist is quick, but the Goblin is just a little too small and a little too quick, and it ducks away from the point-blank strike.

Goblin 4 drops its guard for a moment, taking his eyes off of the rampaging X-1. It proves to be a fatal mistake. X-1 deftly steps over its creator, and brings down the might of an iron meteor on the sole small figure. Goblin 4 feels no pain as its life is effortlessly extinguished in a single, precise strike.

Marcelino is not cut out for a life of melee combat, at least not until level 7 when a little Divine Power kicks in. His attack whooshes past the nimble Goblin. Unfortunately Goblin 3 is too cocky, and his willpower is strong enough to ignore Marcelino's Command. However, Marcelino's devotion as a Cleric is excellent, and his healing patches up Gary excellently.

Like Marcelino, Gary is neither a formidable mass of raw muscle nor a precision engine of metal destruction. His attack falls short, but he has at least moved into a better position back-to-back with Marcelino.

The Goblins react to the death of their comrade quite differently. Goblins 2 and 3 seem to be given a sense of renewed fury. Humankind has persecuted them all their lives, to the point where their only option is to resort to being the kind of bandits that the humans expect of them. They silently resolve to redouble their efforts and avenge their fallen comrade, adding his name to the list of those murdered by humanity.

Goblin 1 on the other hand, for all his previous bravado, seems more than shaken. He was team leader, and the death of his ally is his failure. Part of him wants the same vengeance as his comrades. And yet he knows himself to be wounded, and realistically realizes that even were his whole team to be in fighting form, the odds of besting that mechanical monster are slim at best. He attempts to flee. In his panic he drops a small pouch whose belt had been partially burned by Arman's fiery assault. He then takes a full-round action to Withdraw, swiftly running northwest in hopes that the rocky area in the near distance will offer some protection for him to escape. The betrayal and abandonment of his allies weighs heavily in his heart, for he knows that if they do not flee they will not survive, but he only prays that the next bolt of flame does not strike him down in the next six seconds.

Goblin 4 is dead. In not long he will descend to the Windswept Depths of Pandemonium, where his soul will be driven insane for eternity by screaming winds and flesh-freezing cold.

Although they are not skilled in magic identification, Goblins 2 and 3 hear Marcelino chanting and, with his touch, see Gary's wounds heal. They realize that in order to take down any of these filthy humans for good, the healer is a key component to finish off first. They resume their swarm tactics, each taking a five-foot step and waiting for the other before striking Marcelino.

Goblin 2's attack strikes true! But his heart is shaken by the loss of his friend, and even in his rage he is unable to strike hard enough to cause more than 1 point of damage. Goblin 3 is much more motivated, and his attack also collides, dealing a whopping 6 points of damage to the Cleric.

http://i58.tinypic.com/dnmsqs.jpg

Morbis Meh
2014-04-27, 01:25 AM
As the semi sharpened rod of steel cleaved the greenskin in twain the whirring noise grew louder and out of its back appeared an odd piece of... something and from it sounds began to blare out "C-C-COMBO! DOUBLE KILL! Brought to you by Gnoma-Cola the great taste that quenches all thirst!" Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQRIaztIf3E) suddenly begins playing. Unit X-1 quickly analyzes the current battlefield configuration and begins stomping toward another greenskin in a precarious position. Sandwiching the bottom feeder between itself and another non green scum meat bad it bellows out a mechanical roar as it slams down its over sized blade.

I thought I would put out some dub step for battle music...:smallbiggrin: Unit X-1 will move to I-11* and attack the goblin while flanking with Steely Strike (+4 against one enemy, other enemies get +4 against it for 1 round).

To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

until the next round the other remaining goblin will get a +4 against Unit X-1 but it probably doesn't know that lol

*changed to I-11 after position of goblin changed though he doesn't need the flanking bonus

alberozuko
2014-04-27, 02:57 AM
Marcelino avoids a scream when the goblin hits him. A cleric is supposed to be strong and unyielding. Still, the hit also makes him stop his continous swatting; and makes him remember about hose tactics books he read because the pictures were so well-made. He takes a 5-foot step to J14 to provide flanking to Gary. Then he casts spontaneouly on himself using his [Divine Favor] slot:
[roll0]

Yas392
2014-04-27, 03:24 AM
They hit him and now they target the healer. This has to stop before both of them exhaust their whole arsenal. Gary saw Marcelino in position. He memorized the pattern that the goblins used to bat at him and then at the one who healed him. It feels like a swarming tactic from a military standpoint. But no matter, he must strike now while the goblin is caught in a similar position.

+2 from Flanking
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Umbranar
2014-04-27, 11:00 AM
Arman lets the goblin go and looks for a new target. The cleric seemed to be in trouble and so Arman moves to assist.

Move action: move to G14
Standard action: (produce flame last charge) melee touch attack [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Nettlekid
2014-04-27, 02:27 PM
Arman strikes at Goblin 3 with his final fiery fist. The Goblin is quick and small, which makes Arman's attack a VERY narrow hit! Goblin 3 feels the pepper taken out of him as the fire envelops his body.

X-1 is a veritable juggernaut. Goblin 2 is so focused on his attacks against Marcelino that he does not realize the danger looming behind him. X-1's attack lands true, and Goblin 2 is knocked unconscious as the Warforged's bloodstained blade rips through his flesh.

Marcelino's healing is effective, but in his attention to providing a tactical advantage to Gary he forgets to even make the effort to cast defensively! Goblin 3, now desperate to go down swinging, takes an attack of opportunity. This guy's swings just keep getting better! Though his desperation translates to a weaker strike, dealing only 3 points of damage this time.

Gary's melee attack misses once more. Perhaps the exertion is taking its toll on him.

---------

Goblin 1 turns tail and Runs for a full round. Heartbroken for the loss of his fallen allies and those who are still alive but not in his power to save, he vanishes into the stones and grasses to the north.

Goblin 4 is still dead.

Goblin 2 does not stabilize.

Goblin 3 is all that remains. He has steeled himself for death. He takes a five-foot step to the left and takes a strike against Arman, who hit him this last turn. But his vigor has run down, and his attack is a pathetic miss.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2r59c15.jpg

Morbis Meh
2014-04-27, 03:14 PM
The odd voice bellows out again from Unit X-1's back "TRIPLE KILL, KILLING SPREE! Brought to Gerry Mossfoot Gnome at Law: Accidental Injury? He will fight to get you the settlement that you DESERVE" The oddly cheerful voice is rather disturbing the face of the blood soaked behemoth looming over the corpse of another fallen goblin. Final target acquired... maneuver database empty, please refill at earliest convenience. The metal monstrosity shifts quickly and delivers a blow to the lone, conscious goblin.

5 ft step to J12 and 'full attack' to gain back all maneuvers, though it probably will be unnecessary
to hit [roll0] +2 for flank of course
damage [roll1]

Nettlekid
2014-04-27, 03:43 PM
The odd voice bellows out again from Unit X-1's back "TRIPLE KILL, KILLING SPREE! Brought to Gerry Mossfoot Gnome at Law: Accidental Injury? He will fight to get you the settlement that you DESERVE" The oddly cheerful voice is rather disturbing the face of the blood soaked behemoth looming over the corpse of another fallen goblin. Final target acquired... maneuver database empty, please refill at earliest convenience. The metal monstrosity shifts quickly and delivers a blow to the lone, conscious goblin.

5 ft step to J12 and 'full attack' to gain back all maneuvers, though it probably will be unnecessary
to hit [roll0] +2 for flank of course
damage [roll1]

I needn't wait for the rest of the initiative, since this will end the battle.

Goblin 3's final strike does not prevail, and he feels the inevitable strike of the Warforged's blade against the back of his neck. He is severely damaged and knocked unconscious.

Goblins 2, 3, and 5 do not stabilize.

You may break initiative if you'd like, now. Feel free to coup de grace the goblins who are bleeding out, or just let them die, or stabilize them if you for some reason want to. In case you just leave them, I did the rolls, and Goblins 2 and 5 bleed out and die but Goblin 3 stabilizes next round, still unconscious. I'll dispense with the map. Do as you wish.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-27, 04:12 PM
Unit X-1 grimly drives its blade through the chest of the goblin and twists it "Objective...complete, green skinned cockroaches have been eradicated with exception of fleeing leader, probability of further incidents... 0.0384% Crafting mode engaged...." The junk metal juggernaut goes around finishing off the dying goblins but stops at the first one it brought down and like it promised begins carving out its spine as a necessary material for a xylophone.

Illven
2014-04-30, 12:40 PM
Greetings fellow adventurers. A brown haired man calls out.

What was your issue with the goblins? He asks.

Morbis Meh
2014-04-30, 01:30 PM
Unit X-1 lifts its head up and narrows its ocular relays to assess the newcomer then goes back to doing its grim and quite disgusting task "The problem is that they exist and that their corpses aren't overly musical."

Illven
2014-04-30, 02:20 PM
Most people's corpses aren't musical. The man replies confused.

Umbranar
2014-05-01, 02:41 AM
Arman takes a good look and then approaches the cleric.
Are you alright? Can you heal those wounds yourself?

alberozuko
2014-05-03, 05:41 AM
Marcelino looks down in shame. He really panicked there, He was about to cause physical damage to someone! It's incredible how agressive things are in this place.
"I am alright, for now. Why would those individuals attack us with such obstination? It really makes no sense. This place is really dangerous."
For being a high road; this place had done well in showing Marcelino the dangers of the world.

Concerned, he asked: "Is anybody hurt? Does anybody need my assistance?"

Yas392
2014-05-03, 05:22 PM
Not me, mostly thanks to our friendly blitzer and other contributors who made hay out of them. You have my deepest gratitude for the healing, prestige healer. Gary bows in courtesy. Just what clearly happened? This encounter makes him feel weak. If banditry by these small little critters are as dangerous as they say, who knows how much more dangerous the combatants are when they face off at the tournament. Turning to the one who greeted them, he bids back. Hello there, I take it that you bear witness to the results by our new acquaintance.

Illven
2014-05-03, 07:15 PM
Ah the goblins attacked you. My sympathies Nate replied.

If any of you need a rest, you are welcome to stay at my house. He continued. It's nearby so, it's an option.

Morbis Meh
2014-05-05, 10:25 AM
After removing the gore from the spine of the now mutilated goblin, Unit X-1 looks up "Armor structural integrity is at 100%, I require no maintenance at this time, though I doubt you are qualified to oversee a tune up. A for why they would attack: They are goblins, the scum of the earth, they would steal from their own mother if it would turn a profit. They should be cleansed from this planet efficiently and promptly... according to my programming anyways, that was my first interaction with those creature Meatbag Marcelino." Turning to the newcomer the automaton gives what one can only assume to be a confused glance "Of course they are not musical, goblins aren't good for anything but dying, I was just making good on a promise. I would think that all meatbags hold true to their world or am I mistaken?"

Illven
2014-05-05, 11:35 AM
I.... wish that were the case. Nate replied simply. Confused as to the group's activities.