PDA

View Full Version : The Nentir Vale OoC/Statistics

Hillyan
2014-04-15, 04:04 PM
Ok, I know I'm technically far too late for this but I'm putting up this thread to make it easier to keep track of things for the party without putting them up in the IC thread but that doesn't mean OoC things aren't allowed there anymore though I'm planning on fully/mostly splitting OoC & IC when we get to the next adventure.

For now, I'll keep the current stats and inventory of the party here whilst maps will still go into the IC thread for easy access.

Agaton:
Healthy
Stats:
HP; 23/28, Healing Surges; 6/10, HS Value; 7.
AC; 18, Fortitude; 19, Reflex; 13, Will; 12.
Action Points (AP); 2.
Initiative; +2.

Powers:
Encounter; Takedown Attack.
Second Wind.
Daily; Seize and Stab.

Equipped:
Body; Scale armor (+7 AC, -1 speed),
Main hand; Sling,
Off-hand; Spiked gauntlet (+2, 1d6).

Inventory:
Adventurer's Kit, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt pouch, flint & steel, 2 sunrods, 8 days of rations, 50 feet of rope & a waterskin.
10 pints of oil,
1 journeybread,
10 candles,
2 empty flasks,
3 torches,
1 rapier &
10 sling bullets.

Money; 4,43 gold (7,5 gold debt).

Gri:
Healthy.
Stats:
HP; 23/23, Healing Surges; 0/6, HS Value; 5.
AC; 15, Fortitude; 14, Reflex; 16, Will; 12.
Action Points (AP); 1.
Initiative; +7.

Powers:
Encounter; Sky Lunge.
Second Wind.
Daily; Easy Target.

Equipped:
Body; Leather armor (+2 AC),
Main hand; Dagger (+4, 1d4, 5/10 range),
Off-hand; Throwing Knife (+4, 1d6, 6/12 range).

Inventory:
Adventurer's Kit, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt pouch, flint & steel, 1 sunrods, 10 days of rations, 50 feet of rope & a waterskin.
1 set of cloth armor,
1 set of thieves' tools,
1 climber's kit,
8 kobold tails,
17 shuriken &
2/3 dagger.

Money; 17 gold and a pouch containing

Kiera:
Healthy.
Stats:
HP; 21/24, Healing Surges; 3/7, HS Value; 6.
AC; 16, Fortitude; 13, Reflex; 14, Will; 11.
Action Points (AP); 1.
Initiative; +5.

Powers:
Encounter; Deft Strike, Two-Fanged Strike.
Second Wind.
Daily; Sudden Strike.

Equipped:
Body; Hide armor (+3 AC, -1 Dex skill checks),
Main hand; Longbow (+2, 1d10, 20/40 range),
Off-hand; -.

Inventory:
1 longbow,
1 set of camouflaged clothing,
1 pair of footpads,
1 shortsword,
1 mace,
41 arrows &
8 daggers.

Money; Broke.

Sariel:
Healthy.
Stats:
HP; 14/22, Healing Surges; 6/7, HS Value; 5.
AC; 16, Fortitude; 12, Reflex; 11, Will; 16.
Action Points (AP); -.
Initiative; +1.

Powers:
Encounter; Healing Word (0/2), Fey Step, Divine Fortune/Healer's Mercy, Divine Glow.
Second Wind.
Daily; Beacon of Hope.

Equipped:
Body; Chainmail (+6, -1 speed & Dex skill checks),
Main hand; Mace (+2, 1d8),
Off-hand; Holy Symbol.

Inventory:
Ritual Book, Gentle Ripose & Comrades' Succor.
Adventurer's Kit, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt pouch, flint & steel, 2 sunrods, 10 days of rations, 50 feet of rope & a waterskin.
Flute,
Sling &
12 sling bullets.

Money; 25 gold.

Togorin:
Wounded.
Stats:
HP; 16/22, Healing Surges; 4/6, HS Value; 5.
AC; 16, Fortitude; 12, Reflex; 16, Will; 13.
Action Points (AP); 1.
Initiative; +4.

Powers:
Encounter; Positioning Strike.
Second Wind.
Daily; Easy Target.

Equipped:
Body; Leather armor (+2 AC),
Main hand; Longsword (+3, 1d8),
Off-hand; -.

Inventory:
Adventurer's Kit, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt pouch, flint & steel, 2 sunrods, 9 days of rations, 50 feet of rope & a waterskin.
Set of thieves' tools,
Set of cloth armor &
23 shuriken.

Quest:
Healthy.
Stats:
HP; 26/26, Healing Surges; 9/9, HS Value; 6.
AC; 14, Fortitude; 13, Reflex; 14, Will; 12.
Action Points (AP); 2.
Initiative; +1.

Powers:
Encounter; Dark Reaping, Conduit of Ice.
Second Wind.
Daily; Summon Dust Devil, Sleep.

Equipped:
Body; Cloth 'armor',
Main hand; Lantern,
Off-hand; -.

Inventory:
Adventurer's Kit, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt pouch, flint & steel, 2 sunrods, 10 days of rations, 50 feet of rope & a waterskin.
Spellbook,
1 pint of oil &
75 Alchemical reagents.

Party Experience Points; 1430/6000 XP to level 2.

Marching order;
Front Row; Agaton and Togorin.
Middle Row; Gri and Sariel.
Back Row; Quest and Kiera.

IvanTheAdorable
2014-05-01, 06:03 PM
Wooo. Words and blatherings. I'm tired now but maybe we can do the tiniest bit of planning here as a party when it doesn't matter in roleplaying. Especially when it comes to rest times, cuz those suck the energy out of the crawl when nobody is sure if we want to proceed or not.

Fail count starting from this encounter to see how much our luck actually holds out!
Quest: 2 - 1
Agaton: 1 - 0

Think you're doing just fine with the writing otherwise, Hillyan. We've just been stuck in the same room for a while with the interruption from the forums and stuff, no need to wring out too much character stuff when there's not a lot to comment on.

Hillyan
2014-05-02, 04:38 AM
Ok, thanks Ivan, perhaps it's just me being too worried about it because I've spread my time thin across all the stuff I'm trying and wanting to do recently.

Hillyan
2014-05-05, 04:37 PM
A little thing I thought I'd ask you guys. Should I keep numbering enemies by their total so far or just go with tagging them per encounter?
For now I'm going to try the latter way (with letters) so I'll not have to keep count of the bodycount so far.

GranAures
2014-05-20, 05:05 PM
In my infinite wisdon I forgot damage rolls so they'll be here. I'll roll both though I'm sure the 11 misses ol armor face.

AC 11 [roll0]
AC 16 [roll1]

*#@%! Really?

Hillyan
2014-05-25, 01:38 PM
Ah, I missed your rolls here Gran so I'd used my own not that they differed much.
Also it seems my subscription to this thread wasn't working so that's why I didn't notice this in time.

Hillyan
2014-05-25, 04:14 PM
Ok, since one of the minions just got a crit and there are no real rules about that I want to discuss minion house rules with you guys.

First of I'll voice my thoughts on minions though that won't be much.
Personally I can't see one-hit minions as that good an idea as they pose hardly any threat on their own since it takes just one hit to take them down and they deal what I think is almost a pathetci amount of damage.

So the question is, what sort of houserules should we use?

I think they should still be one-shotable to a degree but not just by going down from something like a stiff breeze so maybe their health could be about a quarter of that of a full enemy since they give a quarter of the experience that one of those would give.
For damage I'm thinking of either them dealing half the amount of damage of a real enemy(1d3 compared to 1d6) or one 'dice size' down so that'd be 1d4 where a normal enemy would deal 1d6 or something like that.

I know that Ivan is probably the most experienced of us, as far as I know, but I want everyone else's opinion as well on this if you have one so I can take it into account.

On a sidenote I'm also considering putting that 'overkill' rule into a more practical form like having nearby enemies get a moral penalty when one of them gets finished off with a crit.
I'll get to noting down the houserules that we're using in the first post when we've agreed on some things here.

IvanTheAdorable
2014-05-28, 11:10 AM
One hit minions I usually find best for swarms. This is where AOE utilitiy-ish as opposed to high damage characters get to shine a bit more in combat while the heavy hitters focus on priority targets. (Quest is good at obliterating the minds of clumped up groups of enemies, for example. On the rare occasion he hits them.) When used in this context it's generally best for minions not to have extra critical damage because fights can get very swingy and luck-based and less strategic.

No real problem with adding crit damage to more scattered minions and I typically like to give them enough health to survive one "glancing blow" myself if there's only a couple. Minions as written are intended to deal moderate, reliable damage, but it may feel appropriate for you to boost their capabilities in certain areas. Would just caution you to be careful of overloading certain minions who already cause significant threat to players simply by existing through passive abilities.

Anyways, you can try out different hp ranges of semi-minions to find ones you like for particular situations.

IvanTheAdorable
2014-06-07, 11:02 PM
Was going to mention but forgot, since you seemed to be having some issues with combat in 3 dimensions. The Dungeon Master Guide offers rules to address this, as well as other rules for flying/falling and swimming encounters where 3d movement is more prevalent. In short, there is no real difference in determining range on any of your three axis. You count the same as you would on the regular x-y. It's pretty straightforward since diagonal distance is treated equal to a side-to-side path in 4e.

Examples of thinking in 3d:
- a burst 1 attack can be treated as a 3x3x3 cube centered around the origin square, instead of the 3x3 flat square area on the regular plane.
-If Quest dives down into a pool of water and is 5 squares lower and 3 squares to the east of a kobold, he is within 5 range of the kobold (again, diagonal distance across each square is still just 1. You just need to look at the higher number between horizontal or vertical distance.)

Anyways, after you make your judgments as stuff comes up in the game you can always hit me up for information later on anything from the slightly non-intuitive to obscure rules-as-written if you wish to know if a particular rule or clarification exists to address some situation. If by chance I can't tell you by memory, I'll know where to locate the information you want. This kind of stuff takes virtually no effort on my part.

Hillyan
2014-06-25, 10:21 AM
Ok, I have some bad news.

The To The Brave and Daring forum has been removed today and my transcription of the part of Nentir Vale on there is incomplete due to my own laziness.
It can be restored though, probably only temporarily and at some cost though I'm not sure of this, by an admin of the site but I think the only admin was gamemaster.

This means that the last part on those last five pages is probably lost to us unless someone can contact gamemaster and convince him to temporarily restore the site so that I can finish the transcription.
If not the lost content would include part of the battle against the wolves in the Cloak Wood, meeting Kiera and going to her cabin as well as traveling to Kobold Hall and the first combat encounter there.

It was stupid of me not to finish it when I had the time and if there is a cost to restoring the site for a short while I'd be willing to pay it as a result.

GranAures
2014-06-25, 03:10 PM
If you still have the direct urls you can trying checking a cache search of the page urls. It's something to try but depending on when the last cache registry was it may not include everything.

As for engines that keep a cache, i know google used to but i haven't needed to use a cache search in about 8-10 years.

Hillyan
2014-06-25, 03:41 PM
Nuin tried that but it didn't work but he still had gamemaster's Skype so he sent him a message so maybe we'll be lucky.

IvanTheAdorable
2014-10-11, 08:38 AM
Know we're still waiting for Gri, but going to go ahead and put forth a readiness to continue from the room at command.

I like to use the ooc thread for lots of mechanical detail tracking and stuff in play by posts, so I'm going to continue posting lots of things here as we get back into swing to keep myself on track. Don't mind me if you don't like switching back and forth.

Quest - predictable behaviors
- will never pick up coin loot for himself if any others might potentially claim.
- will by default stand near the back of marching order
- follows the flow in "normal" mental condition, will usually agree to first suggestion by the party

Inventory changes
-25 ritual components
+2 garnets
+1 ruby