PDA

View Full Version : Compiled Animal Companions

cupkeyk
2007-02-07, 06:25 PM
I thought it was in Arms and Equipment Guide but it's not: Where is the list of all the available animal companions a Druid can choose from?

Stephen_E
2007-02-07, 06:32 PM
PHB, in the Druid stuff.
IIRC they also have some guidelines their for adding other animals to it.

Note Ebberon CS also adds the ability to have Magical Beasts.

Stephen

Maxymiuk
2007-02-07, 06:32 PM
Page 36 of the PHB. One big table. Can't miss it. :smallamused:

cupkeyk
2007-02-07, 07:01 PM
I mean the list to include animals from AE, MM2, MM3, MM4, Fiend Folio, Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack... everything!

Stephen_E
2007-02-07, 07:22 PM
I mean the list to include animals from AE, MM2, MM3, MM4, Fiend Folio, Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack... everything!

I'm not aware of any such list. Essentailly there isn't any restriction on available animals. ANY animal can be taken as a companion. You just have to work out the level penalty based on the list and guidelines given in the PHB.

Stephen

Thomas
2007-02-07, 08:25 PM
How could the Arms & Equipment Guide list animal companions from a bunch of books that were published 1-2 years after it was?

Never heard of such a list, myself. Some of those books (Frostburn, I think, at least?) include small lists of animal companions from that book, but generally it's a bit lacking.

deadseashoals
2007-02-07, 08:26 PM
There's one the Player's Handbook II, which lists every animal companion from every source printed prior to it.

captainswift
2007-02-07, 10:37 PM
Yup, PHB II. Note that it doesn't include aquatic animals, though, so you still need Stormwrack for that.

cupkeyk
2007-02-08, 02:47 AM
Hmmmn, it wasn't as helpful as I thought. Is there no medium flying animal companion?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-02-08, 02:52 AM
Dire Hawk and Dire Eagle, for two (Races of Stone). I think Vultures (Sandstorm) are Medium, right?

Most of the other potentials, I don't have the books for.

And if you're asking because a Small Druid wants a flying mount, remember that Small characters can also ride Large creatures, technically. Might require a more expensive saddle and/or a reach weapon.

cupkeyk
2007-02-08, 04:31 AM
I own neither of those books but I am asking my friend who does if they are. Vulture is a level one companion so it rawks.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Vultures are small, Dire Eagles are large, but Dire Hawks are just right!

Thanks again.