PDA

View Full Version : Races with Favored Class: Any

LentilNinja
2014-04-15, 08:33 PM
Having to abide by the XP penalty, what races have Favored Class: Any?

P.S: Favored Class: Warlock isn't a thing for any races is it?

VoxRationis
2014-04-15, 08:39 PM
Humans are the obvious ones, and they're pretty good (feats are fun!). Half-elves, if you don't mind your racial abilities being a hodgepodge of things too divided to be of any use.

JeminiZero
2014-04-15, 08:43 PM
If you only have 1 class that is out of sync with others, there is always the Additional Favored Class Feat.

LentilNinja
2014-04-15, 08:43 PM
Humans are the obvious ones, and they're pretty good (feats are fun!). Half-elves, if you don't mind your racial abilities being a hodgepodge of things too divided to be of any use.

Are these the only two that can be picked?

Looks like I'll be Human again. This is gonna be like the 6th time.

If you only have 1 class that is out of sync with others, there is always the Additional Favored Class Feat.

Or maybe not. Never knew this was a thing. I guess I could give up a feat slot for it.

Socksy
2014-04-15, 08:44 PM
I once made a bi-gendered Drow simply so xe could have both Wizard and Cleric as xir favoured class...
/Looks down with fake shame

Are mephits favoured class: any?
I think they are
It might have only been a house rule.

EDIT: They have a level adjustment and no mention of favoured class, so if you're allowed to play a cohort race, go for it!

malonkey1
2014-04-15, 10:39 PM
I once made a bi-gendered Drow simply so xe could have both Wizard and Cleric as xir favoured class...

I think they are

EDIT: They have a level adjustment and no mention of favoured class, so if you're allowed to play a cohort race, go for it!

Though...I'm curious if a Drow's favored class would change upon swapping gender...

grarrrg
2014-04-15, 11:19 PM
Go here (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-general/threads/1078216)

Most varieties of Half-Elf.
Most varieties of Human.
All varieties of Spirit-Folk.
Synad.

That is all (unless LA is on the table (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?189980-3-5-LA-1-amp-LA-2-Player-Race-List)).

Curmudgeon
2014-04-16, 02:23 AM
Go here (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-general/threads/1078216)

Most varieties of Half-Elf.
Most varieties of Human.
All varieties of Spirit-Folk.
Synad.

That is all (unless LA is on the table (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?189980-3-5-LA-1-amp-LA-2-Player-Race-List)).
Half-Elf includes the various forms of Half-Drow. Human includes Aventi and Aquatic Human sub-races.

However, that's not all. Illumians (Races of Destiny, page 55) and Underfolk (Races of Destiny, page 110) also have Favored Class: Any. While these are both descended from Humans, they don't count as Humans the way Aventi do.

For something similar to Favored Class: Any, there's the Chaond (Monster Manual II, pages 170-171, plus FREE D&DŽ V.3.5 ACCESSORY UPDATE Monster Manual II, page 9): their first class chosen becomes their favored class.

Chronos
2014-04-16, 08:31 AM
Illumians have the [human] subtype; what more is there to "counting as human"?

Story
2014-04-16, 11:52 AM
Just a warning: By RAW, Favored Class Any means that your highest leveled class is your favored class, not the one that would give you the most benefit. This means that under some conditions, having Any is actually worse than having a specific favored class.

Urpriest
2014-04-16, 12:39 PM
Illumians have the [human] subtype; what more is there to "counting as human"?

It's part of the whole nauseating debate on what counts as a race in D&D.

I think they are

Creatures don't have a favored class besides their RHD unless otherwise stated. The default isn't "Any", it's "None".