PDA

View Full Version : Help with Goblin Incarnum build

Hangwind
2014-04-15, 10:05 PM
Here's the situation: I am going to be participating in a campaign soon involving a group of Goblins becoming entirely accidental heroes. The problem? I enjoy playing Charisma classes.

I decided to use this as an opportunity to get into Incarnum which I never really use. Can somebody help me with a build? A little cheese is fine but don't cheese it too much.

Thank you!

CyberThread
2014-04-15, 11:10 PM
air goblin.....solved

BrokenChord
2014-04-15, 11:53 PM
See if your DM will allow you the Magic in the Blood template to offset the Charisma penalty? Then you could get the best of both worlds; prioritize Cha and Con, play an Incarnate/Wilder/Soul Manifester. There are some very spectacular feat options for this, and it meshes decently. It's not exactly optimal (most people prefer Psion/Erudite to Wilder, for starters) but it's still nice and seems like something you'd have fun with.

(Also, if there's Magic-Psionic transparency, go UMD!)

CyberThread
2014-04-16, 12:04 AM
Tell us more of this wilder/soul manfister bit?

Jeff the Green
2014-04-16, 12:25 AM
manfister

Uh... well then.

Anyway, Wilder's a weaker psion that uses Charisma as it's manifesting stat and Soul Manifester (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) is an incarnum/psionics theurge. Personally I prefer it for Psychic Warrior/Totemist, but most of the ten possible combinations work to some degree.

BrokenChord
2014-04-16, 01:11 AM
Incarnate 2/Wilder 3/Soul Manifester X. I don't know what level you're starting at or what level you're intending to reach, but basically, start with a general Incarnum feat (I recommend Expanded Soulmeld Capacity for your favorite soulmeld, as it offsets the temporary pain of losing shaper levels during your venture into Wilder) and pick up Azure Talent at level 3. Azure Talent is pretty powerful anyway, especially since having 2 Incarnate levels means you can bind soulmelds to your crown chakra; you're a power level behind if there's a full psion in the party, but you make up for it with the three effectively free power uses. Take Wilder two more levels, and at 6th level, enter Soul Manifester and pick up Psycarnum Infusion, a fantastic feat that lets you expend your psionic focus for essentia maximization for feats and Soulmelds. It's really crazily good, especially once your essentia capacities get bigger. Your feats are open game after that; maybe nab an essentia-using feat for better abuse of Psycarnum Infusion (Improved Essentia Capacity and something related to your fighting style come in handy; also Midnight Dodge is way less terribad than Dodge if you've got free feats. Also moar Improved Soulmeld Capacity and Open Chakra).

As a bonus, charisma synergy for UMD. Whoo!