PDA

View Full Version : Improved Paranoia (feat)

Iituem
2007-02-07, 08:07 PM
Improved Paranoia (Ex): Prerequisites: Spot 10 ranks, Listen 10 ranks, Sense Motive 10 ranks, must have paranoia as a trait, or the feat equivalent.

Benefit: The character gains a +2 Dodge bonus to AC against sneak attacks and attacks of opportunity. In addition, the character gains a +4 insight bonus to Sense Motive checks to determine disloyalty or traitorous intent.

Just because!

Paranoia (Ex): Prerequisites: None.

Effect: Attempts to favourably influence the character with Diplomacy suffer a -2 penalty, attempts to unfavourably influence the character's opinion through Diplomacy enjoy a +2 circumstance bonus.

Edit: Added Paranoia as a requirement, simple Paranoia feat.

cferejohn
2007-02-07, 08:42 PM
This seems like it should be a trait and come with a disadvantage, though I'm not sure how you implement "doesn't trust anyone." Also, it seems a little weird that you have to work at being paranoid (i.e. it has prerequisites).

Iituem
2007-02-07, 08:43 PM
This is pretty much a non-serious feat based on Lord Shojo. Besides, it's improved paranoia. Anyone can be paranoid, you really have to work at it to get stat bonuses! ;D

Weezer
2007-02-07, 09:18 PM
It looks like it represents all those people out there who have made their paranoia work for them. As for the prerequisites they seem fair, it is very hard and it takes a lot of work to have paranoia help you in real situations (as I know personally:smallwink:)

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-10, 12:33 PM
You should make the feat Paranoia a requresite. IMHO,this feat should have some sort of charisma penalty.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-10, 12:39 PM
Make Paranoia a flaw or trait and then make it a prerequisite for Improved Paranoia.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-02-11, 03:30 PM
Why not just let them keep their Dex bonus to AC when they're caught flat-footed because of surprise? Tha seems to me more in keeping with the theme.

Jothki
2007-02-11, 03:43 PM
Hmm, how about a feat or something that makes the character automatically carry out spot, listen, and sense motive checks every minute or so, without needing to declare them?

Ivius
2007-02-11, 03:53 PM
That seems like more of an annoyance than a help.

Player: I climb the ladder.
DM: Okay, roll Listen, Spot, and Sense Motive checks.
Player: Sense Motive? Yeah, wouldn't want the ladder to pull one over on me.