PDA

View Full Version : RAW making someone older

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-16, 12:29 PM
There is one party member for a group I DM who wants to raise his WIS. I said I'd see what I can do. So I'm going to catch him in a trap of some sort (hyperbolic time chamber???). He'll be a little ticked but I was hoping for a source or clever way of doing this.

OldTrees1
2014-04-16, 12:35 PM
There is one party member for a group I DM who wants to raise his WIS. I said I'd see what I can do. So I'm going to catch him in a trap of some sort (hyperbolic time chamber???). He'll be a little ticked but I was hoping for a source or clever way of doing this.

Planar Bubble
Cast on one plane with it choosing a plane with faster time.

Bronk
2014-04-16, 12:51 PM
There's a curse from the BoVD that can age someone.

Being caught in a Time Dragon's breath weapon a few times would do the trick too.

Forrestfire
2014-04-16, 12:54 PM
Bestow Greater Curse can raise someone by an age category, I think. I can't remember if it gives benefits, but you could always just say it does.

Quiddle
2014-04-16, 01:10 PM
Pretty sure the curse works as if they had actually aged so yes to stats.

VoxRationis
2014-04-16, 01:19 PM
The ciruja plant from Dragon Compendium ages, but it doesn't increase mental stats. The reason for this is that the growth of mental stats is supposed to reflect the experience that comes with age, not an inherent property of the body at that age. For the same reason, effects that prevent you from aging don't deny you your mental stat increases.