PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Bardic Knowledge Check, etc.

Chester
2014-04-16, 01:39 PM
Hello!

I've scoured Google but have been unsuccessful in my search for a Bardic Knowledge table that helps with checks.

In other words, I'm looking for a table or chart that measures bardic knowledge rolls vs. rarity of monsters or information in order to help determine how much information a successful check yields.

The same would apply to all knowledge checks, so maybe I should ask if anyone knows of a place where I can find such information for all checks?

ohil
2014-04-16, 01:49 PM
I found a good rule forget where I read it at is add 10 if using bardic knowlede

TuggyNE
2014-04-17, 12:19 AM
Hello!

I've scoured Google but have been unsuccessful in my search for a Bardic Knowledge table that helps with checks.

In other words, I'm looking for a table or chart that measures bardic knowledge rolls vs. rarity of monsters or information in order to help determine how much information a successful check yields.

The same would apply to all knowledge checks, so maybe I should ask if anyone knows of a place where I can find such information for all checks?

Beyond the baseline 10+HD and one additional for every +5? There's nothing in RAW that I know of for that in general, though one of my earlier threads did come up with some preliminary suggestions for houseruling (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?247417-Fixing-Knowledge-checks-made-to-identify-creatures).

holywhippet
2014-04-17, 12:27 AM
I'd treat it the same as a knowledge skill check but with no particular field of study. So very common knowledge would be for 10 or above, fairly common knowledge would be 15 and little known knowledge would be 20 and above. Bardic knowledge isn't really designed for monsters except perhaps for specific monsters in a region perhaps. Like knowing that Gragg the orc lives in the murky forest and has a love of elven wine. It wouldn't be for knowing that the slithering abomination that just oozed out of a crack in the wall is weak against ice magic.

Techwarrior
2014-04-17, 12:56 AM
Hello!

This chart is in the PHB actually, page 28. and gives examples of something each DC would be.