PDA

View Full Version : X-wing: Age of Rebellion

Rakaydos
2014-04-16, 08:55 PM
Having been recruited by Rebel agents, each of you arrive separately at a small asteroid freehold. 14 parsecs off the Hydian Trade Route, it is outside Mandalorian territory, between Ord Mandel and Ithor. With nothing but your personal gear, as you get off your shuttle/freighter/transport, you find a directory.

Main Concourse: Select your destination (or starting place)
- Bazzar: the commercial district, with merchants selling anything and everything
- Cantina: You were told to meet with the owner, a supposed rebel sympithiser, to get accomidations.
- Imperial Customs and Security Office: The definition of imperial entanglements.
- Docking bays: Find a ship to take you someplace

russdm
2014-04-16, 10:25 PM
Frask wanders through the bazaar to the cantina, smiling at the interplay of merchants and customers. He finds the displays pretty and interesting, taking a bit of time to examine before moving on.

Frask keeps a good hold on his personal items, making sure that nobody is filching them, you can't trust these people with anything.

yugi24862
2014-04-17, 09:39 AM
Nvenede

Disembarking from the freighter he had bought a berth on, Nvenede brings out his datapad and starts making notes on the freehold and the people within it, as he follows the signposts etched on the walls to the local canteen, scanning for a likely rebel contact. The imperial office, as corrupt as it was, showed that even here the rebels couldn't have a visible presence. So he scanned the room, looking for what he had learnt were signals of those waiting for someone in a less-than-legal situation .

Who's the rebel contact? (http://orokos.com/roll/183404): 3eA 1 success, 4 advantage
http://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a-s.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a-a-a.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a-a-a.png (http://orokos.com/roll/183404)

No clue what the difficulty is, so can you roll those Rakaydos?

drayen
2014-04-18, 01:01 AM
Bringe had spent most of the morning tinkering with the controls in the cockpit of the decrepit lambda class shuttle. He was certain there was too much play, but couldn't seem to find it. Realizing the time, he battens down the ship and heads off to the cantina to meet the new arrivals.

Caimheul
2014-04-18, 12:05 PM
Gl'ik steps off the transport, adjusting the straps of his backpack with his three fingered hands, chittering softly to himself. His multifaceted eyescan the concourse, looking for directions to the local cantina. He can't help but notice the various differences between this freehold and those in the Roche system.

Rakaydos
2014-04-18, 04:49 PM
@nvende: As you look around, you spy another chiss, walking out of the bazzar. He appears to be heading to the cantina.

@ everyone else:

Bringe gets a nod from the barkeep as he heads to the back room. "Word is Jason Bloodstar's been asking about you. You might need to keep your head down for a bit. Hopefully the new guys can pick up some slack so we dont have Black Sun on us too."

As Frask walks in, the barkeep who is supposed to be his contact returns to washing the bar. Though he suspected Frask was the recruit, there was no sence taking chances until the he gave the code. "What'll you be having?" he asked, watching the verpine come in behind the chiss.

drayen
2014-04-19, 04:25 AM
Bringe gets a nod from the barkeep as he heads to the back room. "Word is Jason Bloodstar's been asking about you. You might need to keep your head down for a bit. Hopefully the new guys can pick up some slack so we dont have Black Sun on us too."

Returning his nod, Bringe replies, "Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we'll be sent out soon. These newcomers should give us the numbers we need to actually do something."

yugi24862
2014-04-19, 09:20 AM
As Nvenede scanned the Canadian for anyone who looked to be a rebel, he noticed the new arrival. Is that... another Chiss? In his long travels from Cssila, Nvenede had seen many species he could not recognize, but never another Chiss. Intrigued, he went over to the other Chiss and hailed him in Cheunh "Hail, comrade. Long way from home, here. What brings you out so far"

Rakaydos
2014-04-19, 10:45 AM
Returning his nod, Bringe replies, "Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we'll be sent out soon. These newcomers should give us the numbers we need to actually do something."

"Better get your intro for the newbies ready, they should be here soon, and I have to tend the bar."

russdm
2014-04-19, 02:00 PM
Frask regarded the other chiss carefully. He answered in Cheunh. "The profit in killing Imperials. I have some scores to settle with them and the Rebels seem the best way of doing so."

He ordered a Corellian ale in a clean glass from the bartender and then turned back to the other chiss. Continuing in Cheunh, "I originally left home to see the wonders of the galaxy, then I found out it was controlled by the Empire and after...stuff...happened, I decided vengeance was enough to keep me here. What about you? Why did you leave pleasant Csilla and what kept you from going back home? Met a woman like me?" He asked.

yugi24862
2014-04-19, 02:54 PM
Frask regarded the other chiss carefully. He answered in Cheunh. "The profit in killing Imperials. I have some scores to settle with them and the Rebels seem the best way of doing so."

He ordered a Corellian ale in a clean glass from the bartender and then turned back to the other chiss. Continuing in Cheunh, "I originally left home to see the wonders of the galaxy, then I found out it was controlled by the Empire and after...stuff...happened, I decided vengeance was enough to keep me here. What about you? Why did you leave pleasant Csilla and what kept you from going back home? Met a woman like me?" He asked.

Nvenede sat down with Frask, and responded in Cheunh I bear no love for them either. The way they treat any but their species... it's absolutely disdainful. I have no chance of going home, so I will do what I can to help the unfortunates out here"

"I wanted to leave for many the same reasons you did. As bad as the records in the Grand Library are, what little information they had on the rest of the galaxy inspired me to go and see and study it for myself. They turned me down, of course, and after a few... rash decisions on my part, they decided that if I wanted to see the Galaxy so bad I could be exiled out there. I still miss Csilla sometimes, there's no place quite like it I've found. So, what are you doing here? Its not exactly the liveliest of stations."

Caimheul
2014-04-19, 04:50 PM
The verpine gives no outward sign of eying the other patrons, its large, multifaceted eyes giving no indication as to where it was focusing its attention. It approaches the bar as far from other patrons as possible before motioning for the bartender's attention. "Excuse me, good sentient. Does this establishment happen to carry any wines of Alderaanian vintage?" it inquires in measured, soft tones.

russdm
2014-04-19, 05:13 PM
Frask studied the other Chiss. He replied in Cheunh. "I came here to kill Imps and other scum. This empire is full of them. I consider it a duty to all Chiss to help get rid of the riffraff." He answered.

Rakaydos
2014-04-19, 07:11 PM
The verpine gives no outward sign of eying the other patrons, its large, multifaceted eyes giving no indication as to where it was focusing its attention. It approaches the bar as far from other patrons as possible before motioning for the bartender's attention. "Excuse me, good sentient. Does this establishment happen to carry any wines of Alderaanian vintage?" it inquires in measured, soft tones.

The bartender nodded, motioning toward the back dining hall. "Tell Bringe what you're looking for- you'll find him in back. Try getting out without patronage and you get to take a long walk out a short airlock." The bartender's expression lays the threat over more than just the barstock.

Caimheul
2014-04-19, 09:59 PM
Gl'ik nods. "Thank you, bartender. This one will be sure to keep that in mind," it says, rubbing its mandibles together slightly. The verpine heads toward the back dining area, keeping one hand near the blaster pistol at his hip. He cautiously taps on the door and waits for acknowledgment before entering, making sure to not stand directly on the other side of the door.

drayen
2014-04-19, 10:25 PM
Hearing a knock at the door, Bringe rose from his seat. Moving to the door, he opened it. Seeing a Verpine standing there, he waved him inside saying, "Come in, I'm sure we can meet your needs."

Caimheul
2014-04-19, 11:21 PM
The verpine cautiously enters the room, the structure of its eyes allowing it to scan the area without turning its head. "I do hope so, sentient. This one was led to believe it might be able to procure Alderaanian vintage wines at this establishment."

drayen
2014-04-20, 02:45 AM
Closing the door behind the insectoid, Bringe gestures to a seat. "Alderaan exports are always a welcome addition in any cloister."

Caimheul
2014-04-20, 05:54 AM
"Precisely," the verpine replies, nodding his head and relaxing slightly. "I presume this room is clean from vermin? They can be quite destructive," it says, inquiring after listening devices.

drayen
2014-04-20, 08:14 AM
"I've never found any, but you are welcome to look. A practiced eye might be needed."

Caimheul
2014-04-20, 09:34 AM
"This one does not have much experience with such matters, but will make the attempt nevertheless." Gl'ik replies as it looks around the room, compound eyes able to pick up details other species may miss.

Searching for listening devices. (http://orokos.com/roll/184345)
1eP+2eA+2eD: 1 success, 1 threat (Cancelled by automatic Advantage added by Verpine)[1eP=S] [2eA=S, S/A] [2eD=Th/Th, F/F]
http://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/p-s.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a-s.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a-s-a.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/d-th-th.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/d-f-f.png

I assumed Average difficulty

yugi24862
2014-04-20, 09:39 AM
"A duty is taking it a bit far for me, but its best thing we can do for these fools."

Seeing the Verpine finish talking to the bartender, Nvenede calls him over "You wouldn't happen to stock any Alderaanian Wine, would you? Me and my friend here both favour it, but its so rare to find now."

Turning back to the Chiss, Nvenede quickly asks " Sorry, never asked what name you go by. I just use Nvenede, since aliens seem to be unable to remember more than one."

russdm
2014-04-20, 06:31 PM
Frask shrugged. "I go by Frask."

Rakaydos
2014-04-20, 08:17 PM
Gl'ik: (Success) You wouldnt call it a sterile enviroment, but you're fairly sure there isnt any listenign devices hidden in the bar's stock and spillage.

Rakaydos
2014-04-20, 11:42 PM
"Wine seems to be popular today- the duros in back is handling supply. Go ahead and check it out." -Bartender

drayen
2014-04-22, 01:35 AM
Bringe, watching the Verpine just standing there, finally asks, "You're rather quiet. Everything okay?"

yugi24862
2014-04-22, 05:23 AM
Nvenede follows the bartenders instructions, beckoning Frask to follow him as he walks into the back room. With the Duros and Verpine already there, Nvenede asks "So, I take it you two are the contacts for this... endeavour?"

drayen
2014-04-23, 04:33 AM
The Duros swings around at the alien's words. "Contacts? What endeavor?"

Caimheul
2014-04-23, 08:56 AM
Gl'ik finalizes its sweep before uttering another word. "Apologizes, this one was taken aback by the... less than sanitary conditions of this establishment. Fortunately, besides needing to clean a bit more regularly, there is nothing amiss with this room." It eyes the two newcomers warily, one three fingered hand hovering near his blaster.

yugi24862
2014-04-23, 02:46 PM
Nvenede puts a wide smile on his face and says with exaggerated joy. "Why, the establishment of a branch of the Alderaanian Wine appreciation society of course? That was the reason me and Frask here flew out to this hunk of rock."

russdm
2014-04-23, 03:32 PM
Frask smiles before muttering in Chuenh, "Great, a bug and a loonie. This will work out real well."

Frask will wave to the Verpine, then say in basic, "Hi, its grand to meet you, my fellow admirer of wines from Alderaan. I am hoping that I can rely on you as we explore purchasing more wine."

Frask will comment in Chuenh to the other chiss (Referring to the Duros), "What kind of being is that? It looks like some kind of mutant chiss. And what is the bug? Dinner? A pet? I don't know these things."

yugi24862
2014-04-23, 04:07 PM
Nvenede thinks for a moment before responding in Chuenh "The Blue one is a Duros, no relation to Chiss thankfully. Apparently they are good pilots, but I haven't seem them fly any better than Chiss ones. The Insect is a ... Verpine I believe? Unnatural things, come from some hollowed-out asteroids out somewhere. They can communicate via radio waves, but its the only novel thing about them."

Caimheul
2014-04-23, 05:16 PM
The verpine chitters as it adopts an aggressive stance "This one does not like secrets, particularly during an initial meeting. Trust must be earned, and speaking in rare languages does not engender trust," it hisses, hand now visibly resting on the butt of its pistol. It waits to see what reaction the Duros will have, as he is the local contact. The Chiss are not a common sight in the wider galaxy, and two in one place is suspicious.

drayen
2014-04-23, 11:34 PM
At the Verpine's aggressive display, the Duros interjects, "Alderaan exports are always a welcome addition to any cloister." The Duros gives the countersign with a slight bob of his bulbous indigo blue head, red eyes carefully held in a neutral look.

He continues, Even though you look vaguely familiar, I agree with our other new friend that Basic would be best for all concerned. Now please close the door behind you."

yugi24862
2014-04-24, 03:56 PM
Closing the door as he speaks, Nvenede says "Sorry, Frask here was simply questioning me about some trivia. It has been awhile since we have spoken in the mother tongue, so excuse our manners. Now, too business. I assume you, Duros are the local contact the Rebel told me too meet? First let me introduce myself, I am Nvenede, in your tongue at least."

drayen
2014-04-25, 12:03 AM
The Duros nods at the alien's introduction. "Hello, Nvenede. I am Bringe. To answer your question, I guess I am the contact insomuch as I live and work here." Looking back and forth between the two strange looking aliens, he asks, "If there were only one of you, I might think you were a pinhead or some cruel being's experiment of combining a human and a duros. Seeing as you come from a specific race, I guess that is not some kind of human disguise?"

yugi24862
2014-04-25, 04:59 PM
Nvenede looks affronted at the Duros "The Chiss Acendancy has 20000 years of history behind it, and is on the other side of the galaxy to here. There is no reason for most Chiss to leave our empire, and no reason for outsiders to join it, which is why you have not heard of us."

russdm
2014-04-25, 07:20 PM
Frask studied the duros. "Our resemblance to your species, domehead, is simply luck. Our close appearance to you is just much closer than the bug to a beetle. And I am not human!"

Continuing in basic, "Most humans I have met look down on aliens like you and the bug for being you and a bug. They have done the same to me and I have properly paid some of them for their foolishness. I am here to let other Imperials understand what death looks like since they need an introduction. Do you wish one also, Bringe?"

drayen
2014-04-27, 12:58 AM
Bringe begins to nod at the first Chiss' explanation when the second makes his outburst. Turning to regard him, the Duros replies, The two of you show up here looking like humans in Duros-face claiming to be of a species that no one has ever heard of and show your offense at perceived racist remarks by slinging racist remarks at yet a third party. Gee, that doesn't sound anything like an Imperial spy."

Nodding at the other Chiss, the smuggler adds, "Free advice; let this one do the talking. You'll live longer and everyone is less likely to shoot him for your mouth."

Entaris
2014-04-28, 01:18 PM
The power-down thrum from the ship and a hiss of the airlock saw Entis Marr striding across the docking bay, grinning slyly as he exchanged quips with the Corellian just behind his left shoulder, Said it couldn't be found, they did, and I find it in a dumpster in an alley of Curascant! He and his companion in the Eyes chuckled, the Cather straightening and quieting his snickers as he approached the doorman, I'm here to see a man about a window. Preferably one made of Opportuinty? He remarked, the Corellian quietly sizing up the guard as though preparing for a hunt.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-29, 03:11 PM
Duxlan sits at the bar finishing his drink. He gulps it down and then says to the bartender. "Excuse me, I was told to meet up with the owner by a... mutual acquaintance. Could you point me to him."

Caimheul
2014-04-29, 05:00 PM
"This one has not insulted your species, and would appreciate it if you avoided doing the same. "Bug" is considered a derogatory term to the vast majority of the insectoid races. Your society's isolation excuses your prior ignorance," the Verpine states slightly annoyed.
"This one is Gl'ik of the Verpine, trained in fixing mechanical and biological damage. The last group of this nature that this one was part of was destroyed due to betrayal by a Zabrak. Not being human does not ensure that an individual is not working for the Empire," Gl'ik says as he begins to visibly relax. Regardless his hand stays near his holster, as he leans against a corner.

Rakaydos
2014-04-30, 04:54 PM
The bartender looked you over. "That's me. Wasnt expecting another. Did your friend tell you to order something?"

The hanger doorman smiles. "Jason Bloodstar's been looking for you, says there's a bounty for you if you can find it. He's supposed to be some place in the market district."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-30, 05:04 PM
Corellian, was it? "Yea, a glass Corellian wine."

Entaris
2014-05-01, 07:00 AM
Cathar beamed a grin at the guard, turning halfway towards the Corellian at his shoulder, See? I'll be fine. Now stop mothering me and get back to the men." He jibed jokingly and proceeded inside.

Rakaydos
2014-05-04, 03:11 PM
The bartender looks at you funny. "Corellia aint exactly known for wine. Did you mean Corelian brandy?

As you leave the docking bay and enter the asteroid proper, you see a directory, showing the basic layout of the asteroid freehold. The market district, where your Black Sun contact can be reached, is to the left.

Everyone else: As the group pauses, staring at each other, the duro's datapad beeps. A rebel slicer had arranged for a few fighters to fall off the truck, so to speak... but the team would still need to find them and pick them up.

drayen
2014-05-04, 04:41 PM
The Duros glanced to his datapad, seeing the prearranged signal from the Rebel slicer. "Well, boys. It looks like we're up. A shipment has come in and we need to collect it. Any of you able to pilot a ship?"

Rakaydos
2014-05-04, 05:49 PM
(lol... has anyone even mentioned rebelion yet? :p)

russdm
2014-05-04, 06:49 PM
Frask spoke up, "I can pilot ships. Mainly pilot starfighters."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-04, 07:38 PM
And the second one was justice. "Ah, yes, I meant brandy. I once had a mixed drink that I can't think I can do justice by describing, but Corellian brandy is probably closest I can get." The two codewords had been uttered. First say something strange with "Corellian" in it, and then mention something using "justice".

Caimheul
2014-05-04, 10:00 PM
"This one's talent's lie primarily in the repairs and maintenance of such vessels. If this one may inquire, what model of starfighter and how many?" the verpine asks, exited at the prospect of repairing star fighters again.

No, no we haven't. :smallbiggrin: Nor do I think has anyone else introduced themselves... That's what I get for not paying attention.

Rakaydos
2014-05-04, 10:12 PM
@ Goldclaw:

Reaching for some less famous brand of corellion brandy, the bartender frowned and paused in thought. "Wait... who did you say sent you again?" he asked, following through and pouring a glass for you and he.

(Not the password the others were using, so I'm saying you're either significantly early or significantly late, to have been given a different password)

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-05, 06:41 AM
"From a group of friends." he then whispers. "the Rebellion"

yugi24862
2014-05-05, 01:25 PM
(I tried to get the conversation going in that direction! Not that it worked. Most of us have introduced ourselves aswell.)

Caimheul
2014-05-05, 01:30 PM
(I tried to get the conversation going in that direction! Not that it worked. Most of us have introduced ourselves aswell.)

(If we all know who we work for by virtue of a code phrase, why say it out loud? Less often it is spoken plainly, less likely we are to get caught :smallbiggrin:. Besides, just because no listening devices were found doesn't mean a droid isn't now recording us through the vent :smalltongue:. And edited my IC post to account for me not reading other people's posts closely enough :smallredface:.)

yugi24862
2014-05-05, 02:39 PM
"I could pilot one, but I doubt I would be much use if we had to do anything tricky with them. My talents lie elsewhere. Will it be a routine collection or are there complications?

Entaris
2014-05-05, 08:02 PM
Still smiling to himself, Entis takes the instructed left and begins looking for some sign as to who his contact might be.

russdm
2014-05-07, 03:27 PM
Frask glances at the other chiss. "There are no complications that cannot be overcome with judicious use of directed violence or putting the right amount of credit into someone's hands. Beyond that, the only other workable option is running."

To Verpiny, Glik: "I can flew almost any ship I use as I happen to be quite good and I am known to be a good shoot as well. I personally admire the beautiful artwork of an exploding starfighter or the bright splotches that appear from weapons fire. An amazing painting of bright colors to light up the gloomy backdrop of space."

drayen
2014-05-07, 07:53 PM
The Duros nods at the two Chiss as they answer in the affirmative. He turns to the Verpine asking, "What about you, G'lik? Do you have some basic piloting skills?"

Caimheul
2014-05-07, 11:38 PM
The verpine looks at the duros, mandibles working briefly. "As previously stated, this one this one's talents lie in repairs and maintenance of such vessels. This's one's experience is limited to maneuvering a vessel from one side of a maintenance bay to the other on repulsorlift power. How many vessels have been secured, and what model are they? This one should have the relevant tools regardless, but some models require special wrenches or software."

drayen
2014-05-08, 07:30 PM
"We have a lamda class shuttle that always needs repairs. Outside of that, I don't actually know. We'll have to find out."

The slicer didn't mention where they are? Here at the colony/base? Floating in local space? Floating in space in some other system/sector? On an asteroid?

Rakaydos
2014-05-08, 10:18 PM
(Sorry for the delay)

@Gold: The barkeep glances around, making sure the other patrons didnt hear. "That code's a month out of date. Knock on the back room- they might be able to fit you in."

@ Entaris Give my a Knowlege Underworld roll, with 2 purples

Caimheul
2014-05-09, 07:53 AM
Gl'ik clicks a bit as he tries to think of any special requirements the shuttle would require. "This one presumes the military version? For that matter, bulk cargo and troop transport or personal craft variant?"

Mostly asking for flavour reasons. :smalltongue:

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-09, 02:42 PM
"Sorry. Got entangled in imperial red tape for a few weeks in an investigation. Fortunately, they didn't discover me. I will meet with the others." Duxlan finishes the drink and heads to the door. He knocks on it.

Caimheul
2014-05-12, 08:51 AM
The knock on the door causes the verpine to tense up again, one three fingered hand resting on the grip of his pistol again. "How many more are you expecting?" it hisses at the duros.

Rakaydos
2014-05-15, 12:00 AM
(He isnt expected, btw)
(Also, Drayen, feel free to come up with a plausable mission, so I only have to worry about making it go horribly, horribly wrong. :3)

@ Entaris
Two failure and a disadvantage: You prowl into a shady bar on the lower levels, and ask to see the black sun guy. The bartender stops, looks you over, and tells you he runs a legit establisment and to run along befor he calls the stormies. (Just be glad it wasnt 1 fail 2 disadvantage, or worse, success and 3 or more disadvantage)

Entaris
2014-05-17, 12:44 AM
{{Do I roll again or something?}}

Rakaydos
2014-05-17, 01:02 AM
(depends on how you react, but there might be more rolling...)

Entaris
2014-05-17, 01:29 AM
Entis puts his hands up in surrender, smirking, No, no, not like THAT. I'm looking for a man with a Black Sun tattooed on him somewhere. He says as he gets up to the bar.

Rakaydos
2014-05-17, 01:40 AM
Give me a streetwise check vs a single red die.

Entaris
2014-05-17, 02:16 AM
[/url]: 1eA+1eP 2 successes
http://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/a--.pnghttp://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/p-s-s.png (http://orokos.com/roll/193906)

: 1eC 0 successes, 2 threat
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/193908]http://orokos.com/roll/images/eote/c-th-th.png (http://orokos.com/roll/193908)

drayen
2014-05-18, 01:39 AM
The Duros turns at the unexpected knock on the door. "I am not expecting anyone else." He responds as he draws his holdout blaster. Motioning to the Verpine to step to one side of the frame, he slowly approaches the door, blaster held down and just behind the side of his thigh.

Opening it, he inquires, "How may I help you?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-05-18, 12:29 PM
Duxlan replies to the Duros "Su'cury, vod. I am Duxlan of the Mandalorian clan Bralor. The owner sent me here because we shared a mutual friend. I was supposed to be here a few days ago. I am significantly late since I got tied up with the imps while they were investigating a murder."

Caimheul
2014-05-18, 05:15 PM
Following Bringe's suggestion, Gl'ik moved himself flat along the wall, drawing his blaster pistol, just in case.

russdm
2014-05-22, 11:20 PM
Frask will wait next to the other Chiss.