PDA

View Full Version : 4e tiers

Half-orc Bard
2014-04-16, 09:18 PM
I'm a noob to 4e and I was wondering if people had put the classes into tiers like they did with 3.5, and if so can I get a link to them

vasharanpaladin
2014-04-16, 09:22 PM
I'm a noob to 4e and I was wondering if people had put the classes into tiers like they did with 3.5, and if so can I get a link to them

Easy enough. Battlemind is the worst Defender, Seeker is the worst Controller, Assassin is the worst Striker, excepting anything made during or after the Essentials line, which improves the first three by merely existing.

Generally speaking, the only "tiers" in 4e are the ones that describe levels of play (1-10 = Heroic, 11-20 = Paragon, 21-30 = Epic), and with the exception of the above classes any class can be as good as another. The *shudder* enforced symmetry of 4e's design paradigm helps in this.

squiggit
2014-04-16, 09:48 PM
Why did you make this thread a second time?

Easy enough. Battlemind is the worst Defender, Seeker is the worst Controller, Assassin is the worst Striker, excepting anything made during or after the Essentials line, which improves the first three by merely existing.
Slightly debatable. I'd honestly rather have an Elementalist or Slayer or Executioner over an Assassin unless the DM is giving the assassin all those really loose rulings that WoTC's charop board wants them to have. And Mages are top tier controllers (even though them being essentials is more a technicality than truth).

And the Knight could probably give a Battlemind a run for their money.

Hiro Protagonest
2014-04-16, 10:03 PM
...Why did you make a duplicate thread two and a half hours later?