PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Mag #330 flaws

Immabozo
2014-04-16, 10:50 PM
So we all know chicken infested. I started another thread addressing the interesting and silly uses of Pig Bond (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342604-Can-you-swing-a-pig-weighing-your-max-load)

What about the other ones? Peasant Hat gives your entire party (other than you) the ability to cast command on you once per day. Can other characters optimize on this?

Corpse makes you dead. Maybe undead? And it gives you a feat! So assuming corpses cant gain feats, but since undead can, I am assuming this gives you undead and a feat.

Delicious is great flavor (ba dum bum tchhhhh) and makes tank builds much more viable, since the tanking tactic is suddenly viable.

So is there any possibility of a use for these?

Coidzor
2014-04-16, 11:09 PM
I believe weresheep is the superior option, since it allows you to turn it on and off and also allows access to certain other things based upon having lycanthropy. Such as Warshaper or BlackBlood Cultist.

Mostly a matter of adding on attacks back to the "harmless sheep" chassis(likely through Totemist, Binder, DFA/Warlock) or becoming really, really tanky.

Immabozo
2014-04-16, 11:11 PM
I believe weresheep is the superior option, since it allows you to turn it on and off and also allows access to certain other things based upon having lycanthropy. Such as Warshaper or BlackBlood Cultist.

Mostly a matter of adding on attacks back to the "harmless sheep" chassis(likely through Totemist, Binder, DFA/Warlock) or becoming really, really tanky.

haha, thats true! I love it!

Although, unless I am mistaken, warshaper only works while in animal or hybrid forms, right?

OldTrees1
2014-04-16, 11:15 PM
Corpse makes you dead. Maybe undead? And it gives you a feat! So assuming corpses cant gain feats, but since undead can, I am assuming this gives you undead and a feat.

Nope.
Dead as a doornail.
Limp as a rope.
Stiff as a board.
Undead are not nearly as dead as you.
Maybe you will be made into a tasty stew.

You are aware that these are the April Fools flaws, right?

Immabozo
2014-04-16, 11:27 PM
Nope.
Dead as a doornail.
Limp as a rope.
Stiff as a board.
Maybe you will be made into a tasty stew.

You are aware that these are the April Fools flaws, right?

I had no clue, but chicken infested was such a hit!

ShurikVch
2014-04-17, 12:49 AM
Nope.
Dead as a doornail.
Limp as a rope.
Stiff as a board.
Gate the soul from the whatever afterlife, stick it into the corpse?

OldTrees1
2014-04-17, 01:09 AM
Gate the soul from the whatever afterlife, stick it into the corpse?
Nope. A soul is not a creature and certainly not an extraplanar one. You can use True Resurrection if you wish. A nice DM might let you keep the feat when you pay to lose the flaw.

Gemini476
2014-04-17, 08:17 AM
Nope. A soul is not a creature and certainly not an extraplanar one. You can use True Resurrection if you wish. A nice DM might let you keep the feat when you pay to lose the flaw.

Well, you could Gate in the Petitioneer that the departed soul has become. Close enough?
Or grab that Ghostwalk class that makes you a ghost.

ShurikVch
2014-04-17, 08:21 AM
One more way to kill Tarrasque without spending resources on Wish: Mind-Switch it with Commoner with Corpse flaw :smallsmile:

Darrin
2014-04-17, 08:48 AM

Hmm. Risen Martyr? No way to qualify with Commoner 1, unless you're doing something with racial HD.

Savage Progression Ghost, maybe. And there's probably something you could do with Ghostwalk. Take some levels in Eidolon?

killem2
2014-04-17, 09:03 AM
If you are looking for flaws in general I would check out:

3rd Edition - Cryptosnark Games - Supplement - The Book of Distinctions & Drawbacks

Immabozo
2014-04-17, 11:10 AM
If you are looking for flaws in general I would check out:

3rd Edition - Cryptosnark Games - Supplement - The Book of Distinctions & Drawbacks

Was more just looking for amusing uses of these ones

Coidzor
2014-04-17, 12:24 PM
Well, you could Gate in the Petitioneer that the departed soul has become. Close enough?
Or grab that Ghostwalk class that makes you a ghost.

I do always keep meaning to pick up Ghostwalk and give it a proper read rather than skimming it... :smallamused:

nickia
2014-04-17, 05:13 PM
I believe there is a martial class that when combined with chicken infested allows for specialization in chicken as a thrown weapon.

Coidzor
2014-04-17, 05:41 PM
I believe there is a martial class that when combined with chicken infested allows for specialization in chicken as a thrown weapon.

I suppose a hulking hurler could, with some ability to stick them together, get an arbitrarily heavy ball of chickens.

Possibly some ability to direct them to grapple one another and then once there are sufficient chickens, none of them will be able to escape the grapple of all of the other chickens...

Immabozo
2014-04-17, 05:57 PM
I suppose a hulking hurler could, with some ability to stick them together, get an arbitrarily heavy ball of chickens.

Possibly some ability to direct them to grapple one another and then once there are sufficient chickens, none of them will be able to escape the grapple of all of the other chickens...

While hilarious, the max grapple with same-sized opponents is eith 2 or 4 (been a while since I read the rules) althour I know 8 gnomes can grapple one human, an that is just hysterical

geekintheground
2014-04-17, 08:42 PM
delicious SEEMS like it would make tanking viable, but if you have even ONE monster on your team or thats important to the plot it starts being a drag.

Immabozo
2014-04-17, 09:00 PM
delicious SEEMS like it would make tanking viable, but if you have even ONE monster on your team or thats important to the plot it starts being a drag.

hmmmm, what if YOU are a monster? Do you attack yourself?

squiggit
2014-04-17, 09:26 PM

Does the weresheep have any actual stats or subtype or anything? Might be a bit sketchy to do anything with it if it doesn't have anything.

OldTrees1
2014-04-17, 10:20 PM

IIRC there is only 1 race(human) that is not stated as a monster.

The Glyphstone
2014-04-17, 10:23 PM

There is the Exalted Flaming Chicken Thrower build, that uses Monk/Kensai/Bloodstorm Blade to throw +5 Holy Fiery Burst Chickens.

LTwerewolf
2014-04-17, 10:26 PM

An awakened Tyrannosaurus with 1 level of commoner and the delicious flaw could technically swallow itself whole. Someone must look into this.

TuggyNE
2014-04-17, 11:06 PM
IIRC there is only 1 race(human) that is not stated as a monster.

That's hilarious for this.

Immabozo
2014-04-17, 11:42 PM
An awakened Tyrannosaurus with 1 level of commoner and the delicious flaw could technically swallow itself whole. Someone must look into this.

Yes, there is nothing that says he can't! Ever seen the futurama movie "Bender's Big Score" where the little black alien with the third eye that is bout 1 1/2 feet high, at the end of the movie says "Quick, everyone out of the universe" and the proceeds to eat himself and he disappears?

That's what I think of

Yogibear41
2014-04-18, 12:01 AM
weresheep might have 0 attacks, but it still gets iron will, +2 wisdom, and dr 10/silver while transformed. Depending on the rules you use while playing lycanthropes can talk while in hybrid form which allows for spellcasting (if in your setting they cannot, there are feats that allow you to still cast spells)

Immabozo
2014-04-18, 12:14 AM
weresheep might have 0 attacks, but it still gets iron will, +2 wisdom, and dr 10/silver while transformed. Depending on the rules you use while playing lycanthropes can talk while in hybrid form which allows for spellcasting (if in your setting they cannot, there are feats that allow you to still cast spells)

Do you still get the LA that is basic in all lycanthropes?

Slipperychicken
2014-04-18, 12:30 AM

Only if you can break into your house, kill yourself, and steal your own stuff. Which seems more depressing the more I think about it.

Coidzor
2014-04-18, 12:38 AM
Does the weresheep have any actual stats or subtype or anything? Might be a bit sketchy to do anything with it if it doesn't have anything.

I'm not sure if they ever included stats for sheep anywhere.

OldTrees1
2014-04-18, 01:04 AM
Do you still get the LA that is basic in all lycanthropes?

Probably, it is a flaw after all.

Coidzor
2014-04-18, 02:13 AM
Probably, it is a flaw after all.

Still possibly worth it with LA buyoff.

Immabozo
2014-04-18, 02:16 AM
Still possibly worth it with LA buyoff.

You are still getting the DR, iron will, PrC entry stuff, NA and such