PDA

View Full Version : Caverns of Kalrin IC

asdflove
2014-04-16, 11:37 PM
Fairy lights twinkle across the ceiling, creating a golden, flickering atmosphere in the crowded ballroom. You've all somehow wound up at a royal masquerade party, whether sneaking in, somehow having been forced here by a bizarre string of coincidences, or carefully planning to get an invite. The room is filled with nobles in their best dress, and merchants trying to raise their place in the city. Whispers pass from person and everyone is adorned with jeweled masks of all kinds. A hush falls across the room as the grand double doors open to reveal the king and his wife, with their son reluctantly trailing behind them, his mask in his hands and a scowl on his face. After that the party picks up in earnest. The royals are here, so it has officially started.

Illven
2014-04-17, 01:37 AM
Abby has a draconic mask on. She is sampling the exotic expensive foods.

She turns to someone else.

So the innumerable amount of royal parties are lost on me, what exactly is this party's purpose?

3SecondCultist
2014-04-17, 02:45 AM
Varros leans over the balustrade, looking down at the sea of faces in the crowd below. All of the pomp, the pageantry flits across golden surfaces like the last rays of a summer sun. But he can feel the tension beneath the currents, that same force that pulls the swimmers down into the cold depths. That drive, that ambition, it permeates the very air he breathes. All of these people are rank with it. But Varros is content to sit quietly, and to watch. At the back of his mind, he is aware of the role he needs to play in events to come, even if he hasn't fully realized it yet. Running his fingers through his pale, wavy hair, Varros cannot help but smile to himself at the proceedings. He had to admit that the royal couple looked quite dashing, but his gaze lingers on the son. There is something there, an aura that spans beyond the adolescent discontent. He resolves himself to watch the prince more closely as the night continues.

Taking a few steps back, Varros settles back into the shadows. Even though he wears no mask, it might be best for him to simply observe in silence for a few more minutes before making his way down to the main floor. For all of his grace, dancing isn't really his favorite activity. He considers for a moment all of the horrors of bringing a partner to such an affair, and whispers a silent 'thank you' to Tairais for the sense to come alone. Besides, reconnaissance is just so much easier when one doesn't have to stumble over one's own subordinates. He smiles again, but this time for an entirely different reason.

In the darkness, Varros grasps the hilt of his sword. Whatever tides come to fill this room, he will be ready.

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 07:46 AM
The silver mask that covers Inanna's eye does not seem to hide her features so much as to enhance them; blue sapphires make her purple eyes stand out all the more. Even here, no one could fault her for wearing armor, for her mithral shirt is a work of art. She wades among the crowd, throwing a quip here, a smile there, a tentalizing glance elsewhere - and all notice the two black wings folded behind her back, and whisper in her passing. Behind her follows Enheduanna, her mortal cohort - her garments the gold to Inanna's silver, the rubies to her sapphires.

There is a bright glimmer in Inanna's eyes as she notices a particularly tasty treat on the banquet table, and in a moment she is over there, leaning over and picking a small chocolate quasit - a sweet made into the shape of a little impish demon. Inanna gobbles it up in one gulp, smiling, when someone turns to her and asks her the strangest question... She smiles at the dragon-masked woman next to her.

"Why, but the same as all such parties, of course... I mean, there is probably an official reason, a son comes of age, an announcement is made, something like that, but the truth of the matter-" she dramatically opens one of her wings halfway, using it to designate the wole room in a waving gesture "-is that everyone is using it as an excuse to meet up with important people, find new contacts, new allies, new opportunities. A merchant wants to marry his son to a nobleman's daughter to enter the ranks of the aristocracy, an empoverished nobleman wants to find a merchant with whom to make an arrangement that will replenish his coffers... This is the place where they can meet, and all with music, dance and good food." So saying, she graps another quasit and swallows it whole again. Is it wriggling? How amusing. "It's all about connections, my dear, you see."

evyldead
2014-04-17, 08:57 AM
Niomi and Alaric walk through the party to get a drink by the food, Niomi looks around and wonders "Why is this party a masquerade party, there is no point if all they do is talk to each other showing their true faces as they get to know each other." Niomi shakes her head a little bit and grabs some food and sees the woman in a mithral shirt. "Why are you not so dressed up for this Special occasion?

Ionbound
2014-04-17, 09:30 AM
Ariel stalks the party in a full-face mask, black on one side, and white on the other. She dances with everyone she can, sampling what is gourmet food for her, the fragments of a soul her touch steals. Eventually, though, she slowly uses the dance to search out for any politically-useful victims, say, the king's illegitimate daughter, Callie.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 10:14 AM
The prince tries to slip away from his parents, when his older sister steps up behind him and steers him back. He looks thoroughly disgruntled.

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 10:35 AM
"Not dressed up?" The succubus's eyes widen in shock and offense - then she breaks into a soft, crystalline laughter, and makes a vague gesture towards her outfit. The mithral shirt is inset with various jewels, pearls, and its mail is strangely cut - falling past her waist like a skirt to blend in the silk of her other garments. It is, without a doubt, absolutely gorgeous. "I see you - unlike some among here - can recognize this armor for what it is. But don't be mistaken, this armor is a proper outfit for such an occasion. And one can never be too careful when one bears horns and wings among mortals." Her eyes never completely leave the king and his family as she speaks; the behavior of the son amuses her, and she pushes slightly with her mind as she studies him. "I am Inanna Anglewing, and I don't believe I've ever seen you there. Who're you, stranger?"

Detect Thoughts on the royal son!

3SecondCultist
2014-04-17, 11:28 AM
Varros' fingers lose their grip on the hilt of his sword when he catches sight of Inanna walking across the hall. The first of the waves has arrived. The light captures her movements as if enamored with them. Like him, she came wearing armor, but she did not hide it behind an illusion. The wings she carries with such pride are just as captivating, and clearly have an effect on the populace at large. For a moment, he silently chides this newcomer for her recklessness, but there is something quite commendable in her bold manner. Certainly, it is a more active part than that which Varros has assigned himself of late. Inwardly, he reminds himself of his mission. Serving the Vein King thus is actually an honor - he has quite a bit to learn from Osevan yet. If he is to embody the loyal servant, he must be discreet, obsequious, and above all indispensable. It is a task that he is more than capable of performing ably.

Curling his index finger, Varros points subtly towards the open doors of the hall. Osevan will want to know the state of the hall before entering himself. To that end, the rakshasa finishes his Message spell, whispering his findings to the vampire lord waiting just outside. It would not do to have him wait any longer. "The dance has already started, my lord. The hall is mostly clear, but you should keep an eye out for a few notables. If appearances are anything to go on, there is a succubus here with a companion of some sort. I have held off doing any scans, for fear of being detected in turn. How should we proceed?"

Zanos
2014-04-17, 12:51 PM
Osevan reaches out with his mind, contacting Varros in return. "A succubus? How curious the world has become when creatures like us can reveal our natures yet remain unmolested. Keep the best look out you can, Varros. I detest surprises."

Osevan was late, of course. How better to make an entrance? With a wave of his white-gloved hand the doors to the party fly open. A dozen vampires wearing all black form columns on either side of the entryway. One steps out in front, who briefly reads from scrolls,"Announcing Osevan Caragisnt, Lord of The Den, Master of Vampires, and Warden of the Night." Osevan walks slowly into the room, his small plain black mask doing little to conceal his identity. Long silver hair flows down to nearly his shoulders, contrasting with his bright green eyes. He wears attire that is clearly luxurious, although out of place among the more modern fashions that pervade the room. Glints of silver metal are barely visible under the sleeves of his longcoat; here especially he has his enemies. Upon reaching the King and Queen he bows deeply. His gaze passes over both of them and to their son, where it briefly lingers. "I am afraid I simply must apologize for my tardiness. I am sure that you understand that people such as ourselves have considerable responsibilities we must attend to."

Illven
2014-04-17, 12:56 PM
Abby turns to the succubus not recognizing her for what she was.

Of course I know the purpose of the party. I merely wanted to know the excuse. She says a bit annoyed.

Ionbound
2014-04-17, 01:19 PM
At his announcement, Ariel perks up from her dances, though not exactly in a good way. She mutters to herself, "Damn...It was such a nice night, too..." Before reaching out to her old sire with her mind, Ah...You always had a taste for the theatrical, didn't you, Osevan. But. This is my night, and I'm not yours anymore. Stay out of my business.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 01:50 PM
Osevan reaches out with his mind, contacting Varros in return. "A succubus? How curious the world has become when creatures like us can reveal our natures yet remain unmolested. Keep the best look out you can, Varros. I detest surprises."

Osevan was late, of course. How better to make an entrance? With a wave of his white-gloved hand the doors to the party fly open. A dozen vampires wearing all black form columns on either side of the entryway. One steps out in front, who briefly reads from scrolls,"Announcing Osevan Caragisnt, Lord of The Den, Master of Vampires, and Warden of the Night." Osevan walks slowly into the room, his small plain black mask doing little to conceal his identity. Long silver hair flows down to nearly his shoulders, contrasting with his bright green eyes. He wears attire that is clearly luxurious, although out of place among the more modern fashions that pervade the room. Glints of silver metal are barely visible under the sleeves of his longcoat; here especially he has his enemies. Upon reaching the King and Queen he bows deeply. His gaze passes over both of them and to their son, where it briefly lingers. "I am afraid I simply must apologize for my tardiness. I am sure that you understand that people such as ourselves have considerable responsibilities we must attend to."
"Welcome! Welcome Osevan! You always do like to make an entrance. Your tardiness is most certainly forgiven." The king chortles.
The prince stares right back at Osevan, a frown on his face and his silken blue mask still in his hands.
"Hello" He says coolly, agitation evident in his voice. He throws an annoyed look over his shoulder at his sister who shakes her head almost imperceptibly. He sighs and turns back to Osevan. "I do not believe we have met." His tone has a forced politeness to it. "I am Prince Caleb."

I'm presuming that Osevan has attended events here before and made similarly dramatic entrances.

3SecondCultist
2014-04-17, 02:20 PM
Moving back to lean over the balustrade, Varros begins to change his form. White hair quickly becomes a light brown, and his features gradually become less lean. His eyes move from their gold state to a kind of hazel brown, and he produces a faded scar just above his nose. People tend to remember those kinds of details. His clothes change as well, melding to become a courtier's garb of muted grey. It might be best if he sticks to the softer colors for now, so as not to draw attention. Then again, Osevan has already joined the royal family as the center of attention. But he recognizes the opportunity his new master has given him to operate without suspicion. Focusing on Inanna and her retinue, Varros begins to try and delve into their minds for anything he can report back to Osevan.

Detect Thoughts on Inanna and then everyone else in a 15 foot radius of her. DC 22 Will save resists. I know she can't fail that, but Varros doesn't, and he has been instructed to try.

Zanos
2014-04-17, 03:06 PM
"Were I to make a subtle a fair lady might have missed my presence, and wept for it. My heart could not bear such a tragedy." He smiles at the king, and the rest of his entourage dissolves to mingle with the other guests. He takes notice as Prince Caleb has trouble with his manner. Regardless, he extends his hand to the boy, offering it for a handshake. "Lord Osevan Caragisnt. I suppose I'll be seeing quite a bit of you in a few decades." He turns back towards the king. "I trust the young prince is being taught to be as excellent a ruler as his father. Yet I must lament that he has not come to The Den to visit us, with us being such close neighbors."

He reaches back out to Ariel with his mind, ever evasive. "The night belongs to all of us so blessed with The Gift, my dear. It would be rude of me to decline the kings hospitality. I am merely here to enjoy myself. Are we not at a party?"

I can respect that assumption.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 03:43 PM
"Were I to make a subtle a fair lady might have missed my presence, and wept for it. My heart could not bear such a tragedy." He smiles at the king, and the rest of his entourage dissolves to mingle with the other guests. He takes notice as Prince Caleb has trouble with his manner. Regardless, he extends his hand to the boy, offering it for a handshake. "Lord Osevan Caragisnt. I suppose I'll be seeing quite a bit of you in a few decades."[/COLOR] He turns back towards the king. "I trust the young prince is being taught to be as excellent a ruler as his father. Yet I must lament that he has not come to The Den to visit us, with us being such close neighbors."

He reaches back out to Ariel with his mind, ever evasive. "The night belongs to all of us so blessed with The Gift, my dear. It would be rude of me to decline the kings hospitality. I am merely here to enjoy myself. Are we not at a party?"

I can respect that assumption.
"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Osevan Caragisnt." Caleb shakes the offered hand. "I suppose you will, though I do hope it will be quite a long time before then." While going through the motions of formality, his tone is utterly bored.
The king grins jovially. "He's awfully busy with his lessons, though-" He sends a disapproving look at his son, who scoffs. "I do wish he would attend all of his lessons rather than just the ones he likes." His tone is one of amused disapproval. "But teenagers will be teenagers, eh?" He ruffles his sons blond hair, much to the aggravation of Caleb, who groans and takes a step away from his dad before his sister swoops out and nudges him back again.

Ionbound
2014-04-17, 04:10 PM
Ariel smiles thinly as she watches Osevan's introductions and reaches out again, Please, spare me the spiel on The Gift, and...Wait. You're playing the same game I am. Ha! Well, then. Allow me to make the opening move.

With that, she maneuvers her way to the herald and whispers to him, "I wish to present a gift to the Prince," while extending her thoughts again, Pawn to E4.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 04:18 PM
With that, she maneuvers her way to the herald and whispers to him, "I wish to present a gift to the Prince,"
"A gift to the prince? Your name madam?"

Ionbound
2014-04-17, 04:27 PM
"A gift to the prince? Your name madam?"

"Embers Saturday, sir." If the herald checks the guest list, he will find that Embers is indeed upon it.

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 04:31 PM
Abby turns to the succubus not recognizing her for what she was.

Of course I know the purpose of the party. I merely wanted to know the excuse. She says a bit annoyed.Inanna tilts her head to the side and raises an eyebrow, a semi-comical gesture of surprise. "Now this I find interesting. You are there, are you not? And you have a mask. Which means you are there on purpose. How could you not know the reason the party was organized?" She smiles mischievously. "Unless you are a thief of some sort, uninterested in the formalities and only here looking for a prize? If so..." she leans over and whispers, "I hear Lady Anenadrel's diamond-and-mithral necklace comes off rather easily, if you know what I mean."

"But, alas, I must leave you and your mystery - an old acquaintance has just entered the stage Pleasure to meet you, nameless one." Inanna sets down a cup of wine she had just picked up, takes a moment to compose herself - shakes off a brief moment of feeling scrutinized, which is quite frequen for her after all - and adjusts her skin tone to a slightly paler shade, one that mimics the vampire lord who has just entered.

And suddenly there is a new presence poking at the door of Osevan's mind, one different from his other companions in telepathic communication. My, but what an entrance. You put me to shame.

She does not fly - not literally. And yet "fluttering down" would seem to be the most obvious verb to describe her graceful, almost casual approach of the group now formed by Osevan and the royal family. Her glamered mail ripples and shines as she steps forward, "Osevan!" she exclaims as if overcome with joyful surprise, "how wonderful to see you after all this time!" And then, blushing slightly as if regretting forgetting the most important people in the room, "Your Majesty! I am sorry, I did not mean to disturb your discussion. It simply that I am seeing an old friend for the first time..." She bows to each member of the royal family in turn and smiles. "Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Inanna of the Anglewing Legacy, here on behalf of myself, my sisters, and our vassal houses, among which the Skyborn, here represented by their brightest daughter Enheduanna." The dark-haired woman bows in turn, quiet.

"It is my utmost pleasure to meet you - or to meet you again, for those of you I have already encountered."

Zanos
2014-04-17, 04:43 PM
"I simply hope it is not all lessons. I was quite the miscreant when I was young, and I did rather well for myself." He looks back at the prince, this time trying to touch his mind. ""I can tell that this sort of event is not to your liking. I can arrange for something more entertaining. I suspect I'll remain here for awhile. Simply find me."

He turns to greet Inanna as she approaches, and his smile widens. "Ah, one of the fair ladies who would have wept had she missed me. It is a pleasure. I will have to trouble you for a dance at some point tonight."

He reaches out to Ariel once more. "There are no games here. Only a royal party and all of the consequences that entails. It does so break my heart so see one of my children so far gone."

asdflove
2014-04-17, 05:14 PM
"Embers Saturday, sir." If the herald checks the guest list, he will find that Embers is indeed upon it.
He does indeed scan over the parchment in his hand. "Indeed, Ms. Saturday." He takes a deep breath before taking his horn from his belt and blowing it briefly to draw attention. "Ms. Embers Saturday wishes to present his highness Prince Caleb with a gift." He says loudly.

She does not fly - not literally. And yet "fluttering down" would seem to be the most obvious verb to describe her graceful, almost casual approach of the group now formed by Osevan and the royal family. Her glamered mail ripples and shines as she steps forward, "Osevan!" she exclaims as if overcome with joyful surprise, "how wonderful to see you after all this time!" And then, blushing slightly as if regretting forgetting the most important people in the room, "Your Majesty! I am sorry, I did not mean to disturb your discussion. It simply that I am seeing an old friend for the first time..." She bows to each member of the royal family in turn and smiles. "Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Inanna of the Anglewing Legacy, here on behalf of myself, my sisters, and our vassal houses, among which the Skyborn, here represented by their brightest daughter Enheduanna." The dark-haired woman bows in turn, quiet.

"It is my utmost pleasure to meet you - or to meet you again, for those of you I have already encountered."
"Hello Inanna Anglewing!" The king booms, joyful. "A pleasure you meet you, and you as well Enheduanna."

"I simply hope it is not all lessons. I was quite the miscreant when I was young, and I did rather well for myself." He looks back at the prince, this time trying to touch his mind. ""I can tell that this sort of event is not to your liking. I can arrange for something more entertaining. I suspect I'll remain here for awhile. Simply find me."
"Oh, he is rather fanatic about his favorite classes." The king laughs, glancing at his disgruntled son. "He's a smart boy, and I have high hopes for him."Caleb blinks startled when his mind is spoken into. What? He mouths confused, sending confused glance at Osevan.

When the herald makes his announcement, the king grins widely.
"Oh ho ho! Come forward Ms. Saturday! Yes! Yes!" He beckons her forward.
Caleb groans. "Not again..." He mutters, staring pointedly at the glittering ceiling.

Illven
2014-04-17, 05:14 PM
Abby disappears for a second.

She's trying to cast Glibness without being spotted.

Before she comes back and goes on Inanna's advice looking for Lady Anenadrel.

Zanos
2014-04-17, 05:44 PM
"Ah, and what would his favorites be? But how rude of me. Here am I talking about him as though he were not there. I've learned a thing or two in my years, Caleb. I wouldn't mind hearing a thing or two about some of your studies."

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 06:01 PM
"A dance? Why, but certainly." She glances at the rest of the group - so many people at once! Almost can't hear yourself thinking... or others. She looks at the startled son and his quick glance at Osevan, raising a dubious eyebrow. Telepathy might be a great gift, but it creates so many conversations at once... "But first, one must take care of the business at hand. My King, as I said, I am here on the behalf of the Legacy. It would be my great pleasure if you could agree to meet me at some other time, in a more formal context, to discuss such affairs. I live but to serve, and I believe there is much I - we - can offer your kingdom." Then she steps back, not wanting to appear too overbearing - but she gives a wink and a smile at Caleb. Hearing voices, boy? Don't worry. It's known to happen to those who hang around people like me or Osevan...

I'm assuming a Spot check of +32 would be enough to notice Caleb's behavior and draw possible conclusions?

asdflove
2014-04-17, 08:38 PM
"Ah, and what would his favorites be? But how rude of me. Here am I talking about him as though he were not there. I've learned a thing or two in my years, Caleb. I wouldn't mind hearing a thing or two about some of your studies."
His eyes light up at this. "Oh, I'm actually studying magic. My lessons with Professor Ellisian are my absolute favorite. He came all the way from Synarila to teach me. I've been his student for 3 years now, and I've learned so much from him. Oh, and I love my martial training with Mr. Grain! It's so exciting! And I've always enjoyed history lessons!"

"A dance? Why, but certainly." She glances at the rest of the group - so many people at once! Almost can't hear yourself thinking... or others. She looks at the startled son and his quick glance at Osevan, raising a dubious eyebrow. Telepathy might be a great gift, but it creates so many conversations at once... "But first, one must take care of the business at hand. My King, as I said, I am here on the behalf of the Legacy. It would be my great pleasure if you could agree to meet me at some other time, in a more formal context, to discuss such affairs. I live but to serve, and I believe there is much I - we - can offer your kingdom." Then she steps back, not wanting to appear too overbearing - but she gives a wink and a smile at Caleb. Hearing voices, boy? Don't worry. It's known to happen to those who hang around people like me or Osevan...

I'm assuming a Spot check of +32 would be enough to notice Caleb's behavior and draw possible conclusions?
"I'd be delighted to speak with you further after this, Miss Anglewing."
Caleb glances at Inanna, and nods, almost imperceptibly.

Illven
2014-04-17, 09:18 PM
Abby tries walking up to Lady Anenadrel. (If she seems to be alone, or disinterested in the proceedings).

Hello, my lady, how do you find this party? Abby asking presumably towering over this woman.

Abby will take ten on a sense motive check to try to read Lady Anenadrel.

JanusJones
2014-04-17, 09:20 PM
You'd have to be paying quite close attention to notice it.

A sleek black cat winds its way through the crowd. If you were paying very, very close attention, it might strike you that the kitten - it seems absurdly small, but it's form is indistinct, as it always seems to duck the light and somehow end up in shadow - is doing an elaborate dance. You'd expect to see a cat brushing through a crowd to rub up against a leg here, duck under a skirt there - but this cat manages to slip through the dancing feet and elaborate footwear without touching anyone.

It's enough to give you the creeps. If you could actually spot it, that is.

And then it's in Ariel's lap and purring, and if you like, easy to see.

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 09:21 PM
"Magic? That's great! I am actually a student of magic myself. Or, well, not technically a 'student.' I am a sorcerer - magic is in my blood, thanks to my Abyssal heritage." She sighs regretfully. "I would make a terrible teacher for those who must learn it the formal way, as wizards do. But as far as sorcery is concerned - just ask En."

The young woman by her side smiles, and bows again. "Lady Inanna has been teaching me much of the arcanes, as she often does for those of our family who possess the gift. Her teachings are valuable."

"Psssh, it's nothing. I dabble in the martial arts as well, but I am nowhere near as skilled as anyone who puts some actual effort in it; I would love to hear about your own studies in that domain, Caleb. It might help me not flail helplessly the next time I'm investigating a tunnel and some foul beast comes out of a corner."

I can see your reluctance to be here, she adds silently. This is not an easy position to hold. With rulership comes mistrust and hard work. The people around you - those who grant you gifts and speak with a smile - they want something out of you. So do I - but I won't hide it. I know the ways of the court and can advise you as I am doing now, or I can leave your mind in peace. Blink twice if you want me to be quiet; once if you want what I have to offer.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 09:24 PM
Abby tries walking up to Lady Anenadrel. (If she seems to be alone, or disinterested in the proceedings).

Hello, my lady, how do you find this party? Abby asking presumably towering over this woman.

Abby will take ten on a sense motive check to try to read Lady Anenadrel.

"Hello, miss." She says politely to Abby. "It is... Nice. The king certainly has gone all out on this affair. What's it for again... The anniversary of his coronation, I believe? A rather egotistical reason to have a party, but I think he looks for any excuse. Alec just reveeeels in parties." She seems to be rather uptight, but at the same time is looking for someone to gossip to, if what she said shows anything.
Totally making this up on the fly.

JanusJones
2014-04-17, 09:38 PM
The cat purrs contentedly in Lady Ariel's lap. One ear sports a silver ring; her collar, in black leather, a silver clasp.

She's clearly a well-kept creature.

As she purrs, her half-open eyes stare off into space.

Mindsight gives me a 100 ft. read on type and Int score.

Who's at the party?

asdflove
2014-04-17, 09:38 PM
"Magic? That's great! I am actually a student of magic myself. Or, well, not technically a 'student.' I am a sorcerer - magic is in my blood, thanks to my Abyssal heritage." She sighs regretfully. "I would make a terrible teacher for those who must learn it the formal way, as wizards do. But as far as sorcery is concerned - just ask En."

The young woman by her side smiles, and bows again. "Lady Inanna has been teaching me much of the arcanes, as she often does for those of our family who possess the gift. Her teachings are valuable."

"Psssh, it's nothing. I dabble in the martial arts as well, but I am nowhere near as skilled as anyone who puts some actual effort in it; I would love to hear about your own studies in that domain, Caleb. It might help me not flail helplessly the next time I'm investigating a tunnel and some foul beast comes out of a corner."

I can see your reluctance to be here, she adds silently. This is not an easy position to hold. With rulership comes mistrust and hard work. The people around you - those who grant you gifts and speak with a smile - they want something out of you. So do I - but I won't hide it. I know the ways of the court and can advise you as I am doing now, or I can leave your mind in peace. Blink twice if you want me to be quiet; once if you want what I have to offer.
His eyes light up at the mention of sorcery. "Oh, you're a sorceress? Sorcery has always fascinated me, actually. You draw upon the very same arcane forces that wizards do, but it's more fluid, it come naturally to you, so you don't have to study it again and again! How does it work? Do spells just stick with you, despite how complex spells can be?" At the mention of him teaching you some of the martial study he's had, he blushes slightly. "I'm not sure I could do it justice, Lady Inanna. My teaching skill does not even compare to Mr. Grain." Her telepathically speaking to him, again, manages to surprise him, but his curiosity on what she's... thinking to him about gets the better of him and he blinks once, the smile slipping from his face.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 09:41 PM
The cat purrs contentedly in Lady Ariel's lap. One ear sports a silver ring; her collar, in black leather, a silver clasp.

She's clearly a well-kept creature.

As she purrs, her half-open eyes stare off into space.

Mindsight gives me a 100 ft. read on type and Int score.

Who's at the party?

I keep getting ninja'd.
Mostly humanoids, a few outsiders, and one dragon.
Int varies widely across the whole party.

JanusJones
2014-04-17, 09:43 PM
She IS a ninja kitty, you know. :smallwink:

Dragon?! Whoozat? I can pinpoint anyone's square, so unless they're invisible and hovering over someone else, it should be pretty straightforward. Also, who's smartest? Who's dumbest?

And HI!

Illven
2014-04-17, 09:43 PM
Heh. Well they same boys will be boys, I guess the same applies to kings. Will use any excuse to show off their wealth. Abby said chuckling.

Mind sight would tell Abby the lady's intelligence score, and type.

Zanos
2014-04-17, 09:49 PM
Osevan smiles at Caleb, having found at least one mutual interest with the boy. "I was not always the fancily dressed noble I am today. I used to have to get my hands dirty rather frequently. I still must on occasion."

"He sighs wistfully, briefly looking pensive and remembering his past. He begins to answer a few of Calebs questions, being a Sorcerer himself. "Much of my own talent for magic is similar to our friend Ianara. It varies from sorcerer to sorcerer, although I suspect for myself the origin was rather different. Much of my heritage was lost long ago, although I believe that the stresses of living with The Gift awakened the power that remained dormant in my blood for much of my childhood. It would be crass, however, to use a power one does not understand. I have gathered considerable knowledge on the magical arts in my long years. Some of The Dens libraries, as I recall, even contains a few pieces of writing from before the kingdoms of man were forced here. Many compare our natural abilities to those of the dragons, and I suspect there is some manner of truth in that. We understand a smaller number of spells instinctively. They become part of our blood, and calling on them is nearly reflexive in nature. Although I must say I envy your own ability to learn new magic nearly without limit. Have you had any practical experience with the art yet, or do you prefer the theory?"

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 09:51 PM
Inanna smiles, her eyes gleaming with pleasure at the opportunity of such a discussion, and her telepathic speech fades - for a moment. She nods at what Osevan said, in approval, and adds: "I think ultimately, the difference between sorcery and wizardry is one of arcane energy and arcane knowledge. A wizard learns complex structures in order to channel a certain form of energy, but knowledge comes first - it is in the knowledge of this schema that the energy can be harnessed. By contrast, a sorcerer has a font of energy within him, a power that is already there - and this energy naturally expresses itself in the form of magic schemas which come as a result of having this power inside of you."

As she speaks, she produces small lights from her hands, illustrating her explanation with floating designs and bright little flames representing arcane knowledge and arcane energy.

"A Wizard runs out of spells because they have exhausted the number of designs in their mind that would allow them to harness arcane energy; a sorcerer runs out of spells because they have exhausted the font of energy that would fuel their designs. The schema is still there, hovering in our mind - but there is nothing to channel through it, and it is useless."

She claps her hands, the lights fading, and adds: "But of course, I am an Incantatrix, which means I had to learn to adopt the point of view of wizards; it was a difficult transition, which required me to transform my perception of my own arcane energy and to shape it into different ways. As a result, I lost the ability to practice certain spells - for instance, I cannot learn the school of Enchantments. I pruned myself, like a tree."

Casting Prestidigitation, unless that would be Dancing Lights.

asdflove
2014-04-17, 09:52 PM
She IS a ninja kitty, you know. :smallwink:

Dragon?! Whoozat? I can pinpoint anyone's square, so unless they're invisible and hovering over someone else, it should be pretty straightforward. Also, who's smartest? Who's dumbest?

And HI!
She's standing over in the corner, looks like a silver haired elf and they're chatting with a Drow in fine robe, who happens to be the smartest person in the room, rocking a 36. The dumbest person is a half orc child dressed in fine clothes and holding onto the sleeve on the dress of a woman who is probably their mother, and he has a 7.

Heh. Well they same boys will be boys, I guess the same applies to kings. Will use any excuse to show off their wealth. Abby said chuckling.

Mind sight would tell Abby the lady's intelligence score, and type.

"Oh, yes indeed, I think he enjoys the grandeur of it all, though his son certainly doesn't." She laughs. "I think this is the first event I've seen him at in 3 years."

Illven
2014-04-17, 09:58 PM
I wonder how he persuaded him to come this time then? Abby replied with a knowing smirk.

Does that mean Lady Anenadrel is humanoid, and has unexceptional int?

asdflove
2014-04-17, 10:06 PM
Osevan smiles at Caleb, having found at least one mutual interest with the boy. "I was not always the fancily dressed noble I am today. I used to have to get my hands dirty rather frequently. I still must on occasion."

"He sighs wistfully, briefly looking pensive and remembering his past. He begins to answer a few of Calebs questions, being a Sorcerer himself. "Much of my own talent for magic is similar to our friend Ianara. It varies from sorcerer to sorcerer, although I suspect for myself the origin was rather different. Much of my heritage was lost long ago, although I believe that the stresses of living with The Gift awakened the power that remained dormant in my blood for much of my childhood. It would be crass, however, to use a power one does not understand. I have gathered considerable knowledge on the magical arts in my long years. Some of The Dens libraries, as I recall, even contains a few pieces of writing from before the kingdoms of man were forced here. Many compare our natural abilities to those of the dragons, and I suspect there is some manner of truth in that. We understand a smaller number of spells instinctively. They become part of our blood, and calling on them is nearly reflexive in nature. Although I must say I envy your own ability to learn new magic nearly without limit. Have you had any practical experience with the art yet, or do you prefer the theory?"
He listens, fascinated, as Osevan explains. "Wow. I had heard some sorcerers had descended from dragons, since all dragons possess the same ability.
"Oh, I can cast spells, it's not all just theory, Dad can I-"
"Son, this isn't the time or place to show off." The King says sternly.
Caleb sighs. "Alright, but I have gotten fairly good. While some spells I know I've yet to have actually had a practical use for, the evocation school mainly, I use magic often for day to day utility, when I'm not practicing with Professor Ellisian."

Inanna smiles, her eyes gleaming with pleasure at the opportunity of such a discussion, and her telepathic speech fades - for a moment. "I think ultimately, the difference between sorcery and wizardry is one of arcane energy and arcane knowledge. A wizard learns complex structures in order to channel a certain form of energy, but knowledge comes first - it is in the knowledge of this schema that the energy can be harnessed. By contrast, a sorcerer has a font of energy within him, a power that is already there - and this energy naturally expresses itself in the form of magic schemas which come as a result of having this power inside of you."

As she speaks, she produces small lights from her hands, illustrating her explanation with floating designs and bright little flames representing arcane knowledge and arcane energy.

"A Wizard runs out of spells because they have exhausted the number of designs in their mind that would allow them to harness arcane energy; a sorcerer runs out of spells because they have exhausted the font of energy that would fuel their designs. The schema is still there, hovering in our mind - but there is nothing to channel through it, and it is useless."

She claps her hands, the lights fading, and adds: "But of course, I am an Incantatrix, which means I had to learn to adopt the point of view of wizards; it was a difficult transition, which required me to transform my perception of my own arcane energy and to shape it into different ways. As a result, I lost the ability to practice certain spells - for instance, I cannot learn the school of Enchantments. I pruned myself, like a tree."
"You lost the ability to cast enchantment spells, at all? Theoretically, I could have lost certain schools of magic when I started learning so I could focus more on one school, instead of a little less on everything, but I couldn't bear the idea of cutting myself off from so many different spells!"
So much ninja!

asdflove
2014-04-17, 10:08 PM
I wonder how he persuaded him to come this time then? Abby replied with a knowing smirk.

Does that mean Lady Anenadrel is humanoid, and has unexceptional int?

"I'm going to guess it has something to do with the illegitimate daughter who is so obviously the only thing keeping him here." She scoffs. "I can't believe the king keeps bringing her to parties."
Yeah. I'm kind of making her up as I go, but yeah, she's human and her INT is 11.
Also: SO MUCH NINJA!!

Illven
2014-04-17, 10:16 PM
I know. Isn't it so insulting to the heir for the king to bring his heir's half-sister to the party. What if she upstages him? Abby replied.

Zanos
2014-04-17, 10:18 PM
Osevan turns to the king, taking his earlier tone of speaking to an old friend. "Your grace, it is a party. There is no better time to show off! Surely there is no harm in allowing the prince to show us a bit of what he's learned. The other guests would love to see it, and I must admit I am most curious myself."

asdflove
2014-04-17, 10:19 PM
I know. Isn't it so insulting to the heir for the king to bring his heir's half-sister to the party. What if she upstages him? Abby replied.

"I know, and imagine how the queen feels, a constant reminder that 20 years ago, her husband cheated on her. It's downright scandalous!"

Illven
2014-04-17, 10:23 PM
I suppose once you're king manners go right out the window. Abby replied.

She curtsied to Lady Anenadrel

My name is Abby by the way.

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 10:37 PM
She laughs warmly. "Well, not quite; I lost the ability to learn enchantment spells. If I had bothered to learn any before I began my Incantatrix studies, I could still use them - but I did not. For, after all..." She brushes her hair softly, and in that move her features seem to melt, her wings folding into her skin and her horns dissolving into her brow, until she stands in front of Caleb - a mirror image of him. "My nature grants me certain gifts."

asdflove
2014-04-17, 10:38 PM
She laughs warmly. "Well, not quite; I lost the ability to learn enchantment spells. If I had bothered to learn any before I began my Incantatrix studies, I could still use them - but I did not. For, after all..." She brushes her hair softly, and in that move her features seem to melt, her wings folding into her skin and her horns dissolving into her brow, until she stands in front of Caleb - a mirror image of him. "My nature grants me certain gifts."
He blinks startled. ""Wow."
NIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAS!
NIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAS!
NIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAS!

Osevan turns to the king, taking his earlier tone of speaking to an old friend. "Your grace, it is a party. There is no better time to show off! Surely there is no harm in allowing the prince to show us a bit of what he's learned. The other guests would love to see it, and I must admit I am most curious myself."
"Oh, fine." He sighs, and gestures to his son, who grins.
"I suppose an illusion would work well here." He casts a spell, and the people in his immediate vicinity (His parents, his sister, Inanna (who presumably still looked like Caleb before the illusion), Osevan and Enheduanna) all look like different people, leaving much of the crowd impressed, and the rest confused.
His sister, who now looks like an old elven man, scowls. "I do believe someone was waiting to present you with a gift, Caleb." Her steady feminine voice is strange coming from the image of an old man, which causes Caleb to giggle.
Technically, if they are unwilling, they can make a will save, but he did announce it was just an illusion beforehand, so I don't really see why they would. He just cast veil, for those of you with spellcraft."
NIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAS!

I suppose once you're king manners go right out the window. Abby replied.

She curtsied to Lady Anenadrel

My name is Abby by the way.
"A pleasure to meet you Abby." She pauses. "Oh, goodness. What it the Prince doing?" She sneers.

JanusJones
2014-04-17, 10:39 PM
I doubt tonight's the night. There's company here who might spoil the ambiance.

... a little to the left, please. Ahhh.

Illven
2014-04-17, 10:44 PM
Abby gently touches her hand to Lady Anenadrel.

Perhaps, we should leave the festivities for a short while. Before the prince veils us or something embarrassing happens to us. She suggests.

Zanos
2014-04-17, 11:12 PM
Osevan's new appearance claps briefly. "An impressive spell Prince Caleb, especially for one as young as yourself. I would say that you'd make an excellent wizard, but it appears that you already are one. Perhaps we can arrange some time to discuss our studies in more depth, but your...sister, I believe, has need of you."

Mechanix
2014-04-17, 11:28 PM
"A veil; quite impressive," Inanna nods approvingly as she sees herself seemingly transformed into the shape of a white-bearded man. She chuckles a bit, focuses her innate spell resistance, and lets the illusion slide off her - at the same time as she extends her wings and takes her natural shape again. "Illusions are not my domain of specialty, either - but if you feel like learning more about Evocations, I could teach you a few tricks. But Osevan is right; do not let me distract you too much." She nods, winks, and steps back, taking in the scene - she is looking as if she is simply taking a moment to relax and listen quietly, but her mind is still at work. She opens her sight to the auras that surround her, trying to get a good sense of the alignements at work in this room.

Detect Good on the whole room. Trying to get a good sense of how many good people there are here and their relative strength. Also interested in whether any of the royal family are Good-aligned.

Ionbound
2014-04-18, 08:47 AM
Ariel smiles as she strokes Kitty where she asks and replies in though, Perhaps. Can you not restrain yourself or him until you are alone? Without waiting for a reply, she picks up Kitty and walks to the Royal Family, looking over them all, but lingering on Callie for a brief moment longer than the others as she tries to Dominate the princess.

Once this is done, she presents Kitty to the prince as she says to him, "Sire, I could not help but notice your magical ambitions, and so I present to you a familiar of great power. May she aid you and your spells in becoming a great king."

Make a DC 21 Will Save, or be my pet princess.

asdflove
2014-04-18, 09:25 AM

Perhaps, we should leave the festivities for a short while. Before the prince veils us or something embarrassing happens to us. She suggests.
She looks at Abby, surprised by the touch. "Oh. Yes. That sounds like brilliant plan. Away from this absurdity."

Osevan's new appearance claps briefly. "An impressive spell Prince Caleb, especially for one as young as yourself. I would say that you'd make an excellent wizard, but it appears that you already are one. Perhaps we can arrange some time to discuss our studies in more depth, but your...sister, I believe, has need of you."
Sighing, he dismisses the spell. "Thank you. Professor Ellisian says I have already advanced quite far in 3 years."

"A veil; quite impressive," Inanna nods approvingly as she sees herself seemingly transformed into the shape of a white-bearded man. She chuckles a bit, focuses her innate spell resistance, and lets the illusion slide off her - at the same time as she extends her wings and takes her natural shape again. "Illusions are not my domain of specialty, either - but if you feel like learning more about Evocations, I could teach you a few tricks. But Osevan is right; do not let me distract you too much." She nods, winks, and steps back, taking in the scene - she is looking as if she is simply taking a moment to relax and listen quietly, but her mind is still at work. She opens her sight to the auras that surround her, trying to get a good sense of the alignments at work in this room.

Detect Good on the whole room. Trying to get a good sense of how many good people there are here and their relative strength. Also interested in whether any of the royal family are Good-aligned.
"I have no domain of speciality, and illusion just seemed the best thing to do at a party."
Good mix of good and not good. The King and his children are all good. His wife isn't.

Ariel smiles as she strokes Kitty where she asks and replies in though, Perhaps. Can you not restrain yourself or him until you are alone? Without waiting for a reply, she picks up Kitty and walks to the Royal Family, looking over them all, but lingering on Callie for a brief moment longer than the others as she tries to Dominate the princess.

Once this is done, she presents Kitty to the prince as she says to him, "Sire, I could not help but notice your magical ambitions, and so I present to you a familiar of great power. May she aid you and your spells in becoming a great king."

Make a DC 21 Will Save, or be my pet princess.
He stares at her and quietly responds. "While I appreciate the offer Ms. Embers, I am already in possession of a familiar, therefore I must decline your kind gift, especially as he is not fond of cats." The words have a stiffness to them, as if they were rehearsed. As if on cue, a large black bird swoops down from the rafters and lands on Caleb's shoulder, it's steely gaze on Kitty.
Don't you have to meet their eyes for that? She's staring pointedly at her brother, but I'll roll it.
[roll0] (It's funny how much that improved as I worked further on her sheet, all due to one feat :smalltongue:)
EDIT: And she still failed. Brilliant. :smallsigh: She freakin rolled a 3.

Mechanix
2014-04-18, 10:10 AM
Beware of mages bringing gifts, Caleb; a familiar is summoned, not found. Someone who would offer you a 'familiar' as a present might be clueless about how these things work, or they might have plans they do not disclose and of which a seemingly innocent cat is part.

Especially when the 'familiar' is one such as... this one, Inanna adds to herself, as she lays eyes on the cat. Now that was interesting. Which made the vampire holding it a very interesting person as well. For once she wished she had the extended arcane repertoire to cast some form of arcane sight, but she would have to contend herself with knowing they were up to no good.

Especially when that cat is not a cat at all.

The write-up of the tibbit says that looking at one with an effect that penetrates polymorph reveals their true nature, and Inanna has a persistent True Seeing.

JanusJones
2014-04-18, 12:06 PM
Abruptly, the cat hisses and leaps from Ariel's arms. Once on the floor, she begins licking her paws, apparently unaware that she is the center of some scrutiny.

I do not appreciate being summarily dumped anywhere. If you wish a partner, you must listen to advice. If you have no interest in partnership, I have some places to lick I prefer not to attend to in public.

asdflove
2014-04-18, 12:22 PM
Beware of mages bringing gifts, Caleb; a familiar is summoned, not found. Someone who would offer you a 'familiar' as a present might be clueless about how these things work, or they might have plans they do not disclose and of which a seemingly innocent cat is part.

Especially when the 'familiar' is one such as... this one, Inanna adds to herself, as she lays eyes on the cat. Now that was interesting. Which made the vampire holding it a very interesting person as well. For once she wished she had the extended arcane repertoire to cast some form of arcane sight, but she would have to contend herself with knowing they were up to no good.

Especially when that cat is not a cat at all.

The write-up of the tibbit says that looking at one with an effect that penetrates polymorph reveals their true nature, and Inanna has a persistent True Seeing.
Caleb struggles to keep a calm face as Inanna speaks into his mind. "I do not appreciate being lied to Miss Embers. He pauses frowning. "Surely you must know that familiars must be summoned, not found. Not that this is of matter, as the animal you have attempting to 'gift' me with is not even a cat."
"Son! That's a very serious accusation!"
"Perhaps, but..." Caleb casts True Seeing on himself, and his frown deepens. "It is true. Is this an assassination attempt? Present me with your tibit friend, who would then kill me later in the middle of the night? Guards!" Several guards rush forward at Caleb's call, and his father just looks stunned.

JanusJones
2014-04-18, 01:19 PM
Suddenly, the cat is ... not there.

Again, partnerships require mutual respect. Perhaps next time you'll be more inclined to be attentive. If you like, I'll allow you to accompany me and escape this particular mis-step on your part.

... if you ask nicely. And I expect cream, after.
With Darkstalker and HiPS, Shadow Blend and my darkness aura (active - it's shadowy near Kitty), I can hide even if I can be detected. Whoever has Mindsight can still spot me, though.

Kitty is leaving. She's Shadow Walking out. She'll ready an action to leave if anyone attacks or begins casting anything, and delay to see if Ariel wants to come along.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Zanos
2014-04-18, 01:42 PM
Osevan opens his mental link to Ariel once more. I told you this was no game. You haven nothing to gain by working against me.

He turns to the king, taking a panicked tone. "There is more at work here than just an assassination attempt, your grace. That woman has wormed her way into your daughters mind. You need to get her away from here before she can twist her against us!"

He turns to face Ariel directly and readies a spell, supporting the guards. "We must not allow this traitor to escape!"

But I must thank you for this opportunity to show my 'loyalty.'

Ionbound
2014-04-18, 02:00 PM
Ariel sighs at the call for the guard, and then vanishes with Kitty. At least she never took off her mask and used an assumed name so she will be safe once she leaves.

Psychically, she reaches out to Kitty and replies to her Well, it's not a total loss. I managed to dominate his sister before I presented you...And now we know my Sire has an interest in the boy...But either way, you were right. I should have analyzed the situation better. I'll get some cream for you when we get home.

And then she uses her new mental link to Callie to command her, You will demand to lead the hunt for your brother's attempted assassin. If you are allowed to do so, you will hunt effectivly, but fruitlessly for a week, and then give up and return to your normal business. If not, then simply do what you would normally do in this situation. And you will tell nobody about this communication, and deny any outside influence on your actions.

Illven
2014-04-18, 02:07 PM
Abby is gratefully away from the growing insanity in the main room, leading Lady Anenadrel though the halls.

Ah that's good, away from all that noise. Just us, on a merry adventure through the halls. She states.

3SecondCultist
2014-04-18, 02:41 PM
From where he stands looking down at the unfolding scene, Varros can barely suppress a smile. It seems as though everyone at this banquet has found themselves at cross purposes already. Even Osevan, an immortal vampire, has set in motion an immediate bid to influence the royal family. This kind of manipulation warms his heart, reminding him of the days in which the game was the only thing of importance. He watches Prince Caleb throughout the proceedings, listening to his train of thought as he is in silent conversation with another. He sees Ariel and her cat companion, only belatedly recognizing her as the figure Osevan had described to him. The mask had served its purpose well. Quickly, he taps into Ith Di Tairais' divine power in order to fuel a more powerful True Seeing spell to look for the both her and the cat. It would not do to have anyone to sneak up on him while he stalks his next victim. Vampire sorceress or not, Varros swore an oath to Osevan. And he will make good on his promise. Still, it is best to be prepared for all contingencies. He takes a moment to cast Death Ward as well.

His appearance still that of another court dandy, Varros heads down the stairs. He has no need to speak to Osevan in person: the particulars of his actions in such a scenario have been rehearsed between both parties. One hand still on the hilt of his sword, Varros begins to head towards the doors. Best to get this over with.

asdflove
2014-04-18, 02:43 PM
Abby is gratefully away from the growing insanity in the main room, leading Lady Anenadrel though the halls.

Ah that's good, away from all that noise. Just us, on a merry adventure through the halls. She states.
"Yes indeed. It is not often the hall of the royal palace are left nearly empty as they are now." She laugh blithely, pulling her graying brown hair loose from it's tightly wound bun.

Osevan opens his mental link to Ariel once more. I told you this was no game. You have nothing to gain by working against me.

He turns to the king, taking a panicked tone. "There is more at work here than just an assassination attempt, your grace. That woman has wormed her way into your daughters mind. You need to get her away from here before she can twist her against us!"

He turns to face Ariel directly and readies a spell, supporting the guards. "We must not allow this traitor to escape!"

But I must thank you for this opportunity to show my 'loyalty.'
"She has what!?" The king squeaks, his eyes flitting to Callie.
"Oh good gods..." Caleb groans. "Thank you Osevan for informing us..."

And then she uses her new mental link to Callie to command her, You will demand to lead the hunt for your brother's attempted assassin. If you are allowed to do so, you will hunt effectively, but fruitlessly for a week, and then give up and return to your normal business. If not, then simply do what you would normally do in this situation. And you will tell nobody about this communication, and deny any outside influence on your actions.
"I wish to track this woman down father. Despite what the vampire says, she did not enter my mind.I am in full control, and am frankly outraged that this has happened, spoiling such a wonderful party."
Caleb stares sadly at his sister. "Of course you would deny being controlled, Cal. She probably told you to say that, so she could have a higher chance of getting away." He sighs, shaking his head. "Fortunately, I may be able to break it, presuming I have the arcane power necessary..." He casts a spell, and watches to see if it worked.
He's casting Greater Dispel Magic.
Caster level check: [roll0]

Illven
2014-04-18, 02:48 PM
So do you know any good spots in the royal palace? Abby asked.

asdflove
2014-04-18, 02:52 PM
So do you know any good spots in the royal palace? Abby asked.

"Oh plenty. The courtyard is lovely, and there is a splendid balcony that looks over the entire city just upstairs from here."

Illven
2014-04-18, 03:00 PM
Which one do you prefer? Abby asks.

Mechanix
2014-04-18, 03:02 PM
"This is quite simply unseemly," Inanna mutters to herself, her true sight trying to track down the would-be infiltrators - but it seems they have vanished entirely, and there are more pressing matters at hand. "Such an attempt, in the middle of a party of all things... " She raises an eyebrow at Osevan, surprised to see him immediately provide apparently-sincere insistance, but does not comment. "I'm afraid I lack the spell to track down these... creatures, my lord. I might lend a hand in dispelling whatever enchantment might have been laid on your daughter, should Caleb's own efforts fail. I'm sure no spell could resist our combined efforts."

Zanos
2014-04-18, 07:21 PM
"Unseemly is a weak word for it. The audacity..." Osevan wheels back around, turning to speak to Caleb, still voicing his concern. "Did you manage to break her hold?" He looks at Callie, concern evident on his face. "How are you feeling, my dear?"

JanusJones
2014-04-19, 12:37 AM
Ill-planned. Awkward. Worst, you made me look graceless. I am not a package or a pet - you do not simply pick me up and dump me where you will. Touching me is a privilege. Working with me more of one.

And I saved you. Pray I don't reconsider my largesse.

I need to ponder my position. I suggest you evaluate yours.

Kitty disappeared into the shadows, tail swishing.

Ionbound
2014-04-19, 06:59 PM
There were simply external elements that were far more powerful than I could deal with, and did not forsee. Should I have? Perhaps. But the outcome would not have been different either way. My sire has a vested interest in the boy's survival, which makes his death now paramount. And I apologize for picking you up, but imagine how awkward it would have been for me to wait any longer debating you over this after we had already been announced.

Ariel then focuses on attaining sensory input from Callie, and, realizing that her domination could be dispelled, commands her,
Leave now to pursue me, and let no one stop you. This is your only chance to capture your brother's attempted assassin, after all.
And then follows Kitty through the Shadows to her home.

JanusJones
2014-04-19, 10:24 PM
Kitty does not reply. It's not clear if she's in the room.

3SecondCultist
2014-04-19, 10:52 PM
For a moment, Varros feels lost. Despite his spell, both Ariel and the cat have disappeared from his vision. His senses are much keener than the average mortal, and yet they have found a way to elude him. And with all of these people he... Varros pauses. Isn't that the princess, walking alone across the hall? If Varros had watched the scene right, and hadn't missed any of Caleb's thoughts throughout the exchange, then she might still be under Ariel's control. It might be best to kill her here, and make it look like Ariel's doing. However, there was the possibility that this entire debacle of an evening might backfire on Lord Osevan. He couldn't have that. So he decides against it. But it might be too big of a risk to just let her walk out of here by herself. Making sure his form is still one of a minor noble, he moves to block the door.

"Good evening, kind lady of the house! I apologize for my intrusion, but I was struck by your beauty, and could not hold back my desire. If you will oblige me, I have a song prepared for such an occasion.

In evening when the light is dying
My feet at last are homeward turning
The wind is through the willows sighing
Please keep the hearthfire burning

In evening when the sun is setting fast,
I'll watch for you from high above
The time for your return is long since past
But mine is ever faithful love.

There! What did you think of my verse?"

As he speaks, Varros adds a slight slur to his speech and a stumble to his step. To play the part of a drunken courtier, one must get the details right. Thankfully for him, a loud voice is just such an asset. With any luck, somebody else might yet approach to help him subdue the princess.

asdflove
2014-04-26, 01:42 PM
Which one do you prefer? Abby asks.
"Balcony. The view is simply divine."

"This is quite simply unseemly," Inanna mutters to herself, her true sight trying to track down the would-be infiltrators - but it seems they have vanished entirely, and there are more pressing matters at hand. "Such an attempt, in the middle of a party of all things... " She raises an eyebrow at Osevan, surprised to see him immediately provide apparently-sincere insistance, but does not comment. "I'm afraid I lack the spell to track down these... creatures, my lord. I might lend a hand in dispelling whatever enchantment might have been laid on your daughter, should Caleb's own efforts fail. I'm sure no spell could resist our combined efforts."
Caleb is staring at his sister, his eyebrows drawn together. "Cal?" He frowns at his sisters annoyed stare back at him.
"Are you satisfied yet Caleb? Or are you going to continue wasting your spell slots?"
"Damn it..." Caleb mutters. "Inanna, it would be much appreciated if you would try to help. I clearly didn't succeed."

"Unseemly is a weak word for it. The audacity..." Osevan wheels back around, turning to speak to Caleb, still voicing his concern. "Did you manage to break her hold?" He looks at Callie, concern evident on his face. "How are you feeling, my dear?"
"I'm fine." Callie snaps, annoyed.

Ariel then focuses on attaining sensory input from Callie, and, realizing that her domination could be dispelled, commands her,
Leave now to pursue me, and let no one stop you. This is your only chance to capture your brother's attempted assassin, after all.

"Goodbye. I'm going after them whether or not I have permission. You are all just standing here believing this nonsense that I'm dominated while Caleb's would be killers are getting away!" She turns on her heel and bolts towards the doors.

For a moment, Varros feels lost. Despite his spell, both Ariel and the cat have disappeared from his vision. His senses are much keener than the average mortal, and yet they have found a way to elude him. And with all of these people he... Varros pauses. Isn't that the princess, walking alone across the hall? If Varros had watched the scene right, and hadn't missed any of Caleb's thoughts throughout the exchange, then she might still be under Ariel's control. It might be best to kill her here, and make it look like Ariel's doing. However, there was the possibility that this entire debacle of an evening might backfire on Lord Osevan. He couldn't have that. So he decides against it. But it might be too big of a risk to just let her walk out of here by herself. Making sure his form is still one of a minor noble, he moves to block the door.

"Good evening, kind lady of the house! I apologize for my intrusion, but I was struck by your beauty, and could not hold back my desire. If you will oblige me, I have a song prepared for such an occasion.

In evening when the light is dying
My feet at last are homeward turning
The wind is through the willows sighing
Please keep the hearthfire burning

In evening when the sun is setting fast,
I'll watch for you from high above
The time for your return is long since past
But mine is ever faithful love.

There! What did you think of my verse?"

As he speaks, Varros adds a slight slur to his speech and a stumble to his step. To play the part of a drunken courtier, one must get the details right. Thankfully for him, a loud voice is just such an asset. With any luck, somebody else might yet approach to help him subdue the princess.
She skids to a stop looking startled. "Errhmm. Thank you kindly sir. Your verse was... nice, but I really must be going. I have things to do." She tries to move past him, and frowns at him blocking the door. "Move right this moment sir, or I will have to force you to do so." From behind her, Caleb is running through the crowd, people readily moving out of the way for him. "Callie!" She glances over her shoulder, eyes wide, and she tries to shove past Varros, but before she can Caleb casts a spell, and a shimmery blue box of force formed around Callie. He skids to a stop, his father not far behind him. "Thank you, sir, for stalling her. I don't know if you were doing it intentionally, but she is currently dominated, and we can't let her escape."

Illven
2014-04-26, 01:51 PM
Abby simply bows

Please lead the way milady. She states.

Ionbound
2014-04-26, 02:09 PM
Ariel sighs and mutters, "Dammit..." as Callie is captured, but floats an inch or two off the ground to try use her superior flight speed to catch up with Kitty. If she makes it within 50 feet, she telepathically messages her, Alright....Plan B, which I will readily admit should have been Plan A. Sneak into the Palace using Shadow Walk, and have our way with the sleeping inhabitants.

Zanos
2014-04-26, 02:37 PM
Osevan acts quickly after Callie is trapped. The surface of his skin grows darker and losses cohesion, and before long he is simply a red, liquid silhouette of his shape. The bloody figure collapses inwards until nothing is left, and then reappears inside the cage, lightening until it once again takes the appearance of Osevan. He removes the glove on his left hand, and blood wells up out of his palm. He snaps his finger and the blood transforms into a red arc of electricity, arcing over to Callie.

Psionic Teleport PLA
Cast Celerity
Reserves of Strength to deal [roll0] points of damage to myself to increase the CL of my greater dispel magic to 20.
Dispel Check [roll1]

JanusJones
2014-04-26, 10:16 PM
Ariel sighs and mutters, "Dammit..." as Callie is captured, but floats an inch or two off the ground to try use her superior flight speed to catch up with Kitty. If she makes it within 50 feet, she telepathically messages her, Alright....Plan B, which I will readily admit should have been Plan A. Sneak into the Palace using Shadow Walk, and have our way with the sleeping inhabitants.

You'd know that Kitty is quite ... well, she's a cat. She's pouty, and tends to want to be catered to, and not shy about expressing her disfavor when she feels she has been slighted. She's gone, right now, and is hiding on purpose. If Ariel wants to "win her back," she's probably going to have to do something to make it up to Kitty.

Oh ... and Kitty moves 60 ft. a round. She's fast.

Ionbound
2014-04-27, 09:45 AM
Ariel sighs at the continued lack of response before calling out loud, "Kitty! I know you can hear me! Look, I messed up. I apologize! And I'll make it up to you! But we're close. We're so close. Everything that just went wrong was my sire's fault, and my wanting to one-up him. But we can sneak in tonight, and kill or turn whoever we want. And then we win! And we're both in the lap of luxury!"

asdflove
2014-04-29, 03:53 PM
Abby simply bows

Please lead the way milady. She states.
She smiles, and strides towards the staircase, which spirals upward and is lit by the same glittering fairy lights as the ballroom.

Osevan acts quickly after Callie is trapped. The surface of his skin grows darker and losses cohesion, and before long he is simply a red, liquid silhouette of his shape. The bloody figure collapses inwards until nothing is left, and then reappears inside the cage, lightening until it once again takes the appearance of Osevan. He removes the glove on his left hand, and blood wells up out of his palm. He snaps his finger and the blood transforms into a red arc of electricity, arcing over to Callie.

Psionic Teleport PLA
Cast Celerity
Reserves of Strength to deal [roll0] points of damage to myself to increase the CL of my greater dispel magic to 20.
Dispel Check [roll1]

When it hits, she blinks startled. "Gah. Um. Wow. That, was embarrassing." She looks sheepish. "Many thanks to you, Lord Osevan..." She curtsies, keeping her head ducked.

Caleb sighs, relieved. "Thank the gods..." He murmurs. The forcecage is dismissed and he shoots a thankful smile at Osevan.

The king is clearly very flustered. "Oh my..." He says hoarsely. "I-I daresay this issue is resolved, though we will have to keep our guard up for a while, but there is no reason to let this ruin such a splendid party. Let the festivities recommence, shall we?" He is clearly trying to appear confident in front of his subjects, but this has shaken him.

Illven
2014-04-29, 06:35 PM
Abby follows, her gaze falling on the expensive looking gems the lady must be carrying.

3SecondCultist
2014-04-29, 07:04 PM
When Osevan follows Caleb over to stop Callie and the spell is lifted, Varros raises an eyebrow slightly. He chooses to say nothing at first - sometimes silence is the best recourse. However, he does his best to flourish grandly at the royal gesture of goodwill. It is wildly inappropriate, of course, but princely eyes would expect nothing less from a lowly courtier.

"I am glad to have been of assistance, your grace."

asdflove
2014-04-29, 07:25 PM
Abby follows, her gaze falling on the expensive looking gems the lady must be carrying.

The staircase leads to a large hallway, which has, at the nearest end, large ornate glass doors leading out to what looks more like an observatory deck, than a balcony, due to it's size.

The rubies on her wrist sparkle in the dim flickering light from the sparsely lit torches along the wall, as the the large diamond around her neck, surrounded by more, smaller rubies. To top it off she has a sliver diamond and ruby encrusted hair clip holding back her fringe from covering her mask, which also has small red rubies stitched in intricate swirls around the eyes. Everything she is wearing seems it would be expensive.

Illven
2014-04-29, 08:56 PM
Abby stands next to Lady Anenadrel.

It's beautiful out here. Abby said turning to Lady Anenadrel.

Touching Lady Anenadrel hand gently she continued.

But not half as beautiful as you. She bluffed.

Taking ten, which with glibness up is a 63 total.

Zanos
2014-04-29, 09:48 PM
Osevan's self-inflicted wound on his hand quickly begins to close, and he inserts his hand back into his white glove, seemingly satisfied. He opens his mental connection with Varros, a somber tone coming across with his thoughts. Good work, Varros. I suspect that we may have greater troubles in store for us, however. I asked you before to keep your eyes open for my wayward child. We have found her, and her time without my guidance has warped her potential. It pains me, but if she continues to oppose my interests we may have to eliminate her.

Osevan inclines his head in a low bow at Callie as she curtsies. "No thanks are necessary, Lady Callie. It would have been a shame to have such a night end on such a sour note. Perhaps your father has the right idea, and a dance will take our minds off these unpleasantries." He extends his hand out to Callie, offering it for a dance.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 10:05 AM
Abby stands next to Lady Anenadrel.

It's beautiful out here. Abby said turning to Lady Anenadrel.

Touching Lady Anenadrel hand gently she continued.

But not half as beautiful as you. She bluffed.

Taking ten, which with glibness up is a 63 total.

She flushes nearly as red as the many rubies she's wearing. "You flatter me dear."

Osevan's self-inflicted wound on his hand quickly begins to close, and he inserts his hand back into his white glove, seemingly satisfied. He opens his mental connection with Varros, a somber tone coming across with his thoughts. Good work, Varros. I suspect that we may have greater troubles in store for us, however. I asked you before to keep your eyes open for my wayward child. We have found her, and her time without my guidance has warped her potential. It pains me, but if she continues to oppose my interests we may have to eliminate her.

Osevan inclines his head in a low bow at Callie as she curtsies. "No thanks are necessary, Lady Callie. It would have been a shame to have such a night end on such a sour note. Perhaps your father has the right idea, and a dance will take our minds off these unpleasantries." He extends his hand out to Callie, offering it for a dance.
Callie's eyes widen, and you can tell she want refuse, but Caleb nods at her this time, and she takes the offered hand reluctantly.
"You saved me, Lord Osevan" She murmurs. "Every thanks is necessary. Who knows what I would have been forced to do."

Illven
2014-05-03, 01:58 PM
Abby holds Lady Anenadrels' hand as she speaks.

I speak only the truth. She says.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 05:34 PM
Abby holds Lady Anenadrels' hand as she speaks.

I speak only the truth. She says.
She smiles sadly. "You truly do flatter me..." She murmurs, leaning forward on the rail. "Truly. I've always been told I look like my mother..." She whispers, clearly talking to herself.

Illven
2014-05-03, 07:09 PM
Abby puts a hand on Lady Anenadrel's shoulder.

Even if I never met her, I'm sure she was a wonderful woman to raise a daughter as great as you.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 07:40 PM
Abby puts a hand on Lady Anenadrel's shoulder.

Even if I never met her, I'm sure she was a wonderful woman to raise a daughter as great as you.
She stiffens and turns wide eyes to you. "I said that out loud, didn't I?" Her voice is suddenly softer and much younger sounding. "Damn it! I said that aloud. Perfect act, ruined!"

Illven
2014-05-03, 07:55 PM
What do you mean? Abby asked touching Lady Anenadrel's shoulder.

Sense motive check [roll0]
Will save if illusion effect [roll1]

asdflove
2014-05-03, 08:10 PM
What do you mean? Abby asked touching Lady Anenadrel's shoulder.

Sense motive check [roll0]
Will save if illusion effect [roll1]

She digs around in her bag and pulls out a small water skinof while she splashes the contents of on her face after removing her mask and she wipes her face with a lilac colored handkerchief. When she pulls it away from her face, you see makeup smudged on it and she looks years younger and is smiling at you awkwardly. "I'm the younger Lady Anenadrel. My mother asked me to come here in her stead, and I figured I'd use it as a chance to practice my acting." She carefully removes the jeweled hairpin and pulls off the wig to reveal short cut caramel colored hair. "I'm seeking to join a Thespian Guild, and I need all the practice I can get, and method acting is one of the hardest things to do." She smiles again. "But of course." She sighs dramatically. "I messed up my lines. Was I believable up to that point?" No longer looking like a middle aged women, this young adult girl seems to have a hyper active air about her.
No sense motive necessary. She's confessing.
Also, sorry for not giving you a spot check on her disguise. I only decided she was wearing one yesterday.

Illven
2014-05-03, 08:36 PM
Abby simply smiled

Hun, if you hadn't blurted it out, I would have assumed you were talking about your mother's mother. She replied.

You really are a great actress, how about we find a private room to discuss "acting techniques". Abby said touching the girl's upper arm with two fingers.

The first statement isn't a lie.

The second statement I take 10 on whatever skill check that is.

JanusJones
2014-05-03, 09:43 PM
Kitty sat in a corner with a mouse under her paw and licked.

It was a shame. They never twitched or jumped, anymore - they just lay there. Yet another thing that she'd never have back.

Another was the view. Sitting in a corner was boring when you'd been on a parapet against the night sky, the wind ruffling your fur, the city spread out below like one of the tapestries that hung in her master's castle.

She paused. Her master wasn't the pleasantest of thoughts.

And now this new mistress. Finally, a creature to stroke her, and she treated Kitty like, like ... like a pet.

She hissed, low. Such a disappointment.

With a swift snap and a graceful gulp, she downed the last of her meal, then took a moment to clean her whiskers. When she looked up, she lifted her nose, catching the air. The dank, underground air - so full of smells, like a heavy stew cooking on some human's fire. She missed those bright, sweeping medleys of scent that used to dance above ground, carried on free currents. So many things she missed ...

And then, the slightest hint of something ... different.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 10:00 PM
Kitty sat in a corner with a mouse under her paw and licked.

It was a shame. They never twitched or jumped, anymore - they just lay there. Yet another thing that she'd never have back.

Another was the view. Sitting in a corner was boring when you'd been on a parapet against the night sky, the wind ruffling your fur, the city spread out below like one of the tapestries that hung in her master's castle.

She paused. Her master wasn't the pleasantest of thoughts.

And now this new mistress. Finally, a creature to stroke her, and she treated Kitty like, like ... like a pet.

She hissed, low. Such a disappointment.

With a swift snap and a graceful gulp, she downed the last of her meal, then took a moment to clean her whiskers. When she looked up, she lifted her nose, catching the air. The dank, underground air - so full of smells, like a heavy stew cooking on some human's fire. She missed those bright, sweeping medleys of scent that used to dance above ground, carried on free currents. So many things she missed ...

And then, the slightest hint of something ... different.
Kitty notices a sort of dark shadow on the ceiling, spread out like an ink stain.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 10:06 PM
Abby simply smiled

Hun, if you hadn't blurted it out, I would have assumed you were talking about your mother's mother. She replied.

You really are a great actress, how about we find a private room to discuss "acting techniques". Abby said touching the girl's upper arm with two fingers.

The first statement isn't a lie.

The second statement I take 10 on whatever skill check that is.

"Oh." She grins. "Of course, that's my problem I never actually know when I've messed up my act. Her face flushes bright red.
"O-okay..."

Ionbound
2014-05-03, 10:17 PM
Ariel, meanwhile, has made it to her home, very late at night for most, but right at the apex of activity for her. With nothing to do, she simply waits, contemplating her impatience and what it cost her...Her chance at nobility, her friend...Osevan will certainly get his...reward for this incident, but sadly it will not come soon. Tonight, however...It's for finding Kitty and making things up to her.

After a while of this contemplation, she morphs back into a bat, and flies over the city, searching for Kitty.

Spot Check to find Kitty [roll0]

Illven
2014-05-04, 12:54 AM
Abby leads the young Lady Anenadrel to a private room with a bed, or a mid-evil couch on it.

Abby sits down on whatever is in the room, and pats down next to her, singling the young lady Anenadrel to sitdown.

So. What made you decide to become an actress? She asks.

JanusJones
2014-05-04, 06:56 PM
Kitty notices a sort of dark shadow on the ceiling, spread out like an ink stain.

Kitty arches her back and stretches, languorously, but her green eyes stay on the stain. There is a sudden shadowy burst about her, and then she is close to the ceiling, sniffing for a moment at the stain as she hangs in mid-air. A moment later, she falls lightly back to the floor on her feet, and pauses to stare at the spot.

Using Blink Shirt to get nearer and taking a whiff.
Spot, to go with: [roll0]

JanusJones
2014-05-04, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, and a Tumble check to fall back to the floor - sorry! Forgot. Could just blink back down, but I figure this sort of thing is normal for a dextrous little kitty who always lands on her feet:

Tumble: [roll0]

Ionbound
2014-05-04, 07:08 PM
Ariel sighs as much as she can as a bat at the lost few hours spent searching for Kitty. Ah well...She'll turn up later...And there are other candidates for a friend.

With that in mind, Ariel flies as a bat towards the...Castle? Manor? Wherever the Royal Family lives. Once there, she circles it several times, looking for where Callie sleeps. Also, Asdflove, bear in mind that this is several hours after the party, probably around 2 am or so.

Hide Check to avoid prying eyes: [roll0]
Spot Check to find Callie's room: [roll1]

Zanos
2014-05-04, 07:14 PM
Osevan takes Callies hand and begins the dance, smiling at her through it all. He says to her in a low whisper, ""You seem uneasy, my lady. I suspect these events have troubled you, but we are leaders. The common folk look to us to provide strength, and it is our duty to appear strong especially when we are not."

Take 10 on my perform(dance) check for a 25, by the way.

asdflove
2014-05-04, 07:51 PM
Abby leads the young Lady Anenadrel to a private room with a bed, or a mid-evil couch on it.

Abby sits down on whatever is in the room, and pats down next to her, singling the young lady Anenadrel to sitdown.

So. What made you decide to become an actress? She asks.
Her eyes sparkle as she thinks back. "I was really little, and I went to the theater with my father. They were doing a play that was centuries old, so set above the surface. The sets were beautiful, and the acting really made me feel like we were there, I-I decided that I wanted to be able to make people feel like that. To bring them to fantastic places they can never hope to actually go to."

Kitty arches her back and stretches, languorously, but her green eyes stay on the stain. There is a sudden shadowy burst about her, and then she is close to the ceiling, sniffing for a moment at the stain as she hangs in mid-air. A moment later, she falls lightly back to the floor on her feet, and pauses to stare at the spot.

Using Blink Shirt to get nearer and taking a whiff.
Spot, to go with: [roll0]
The stain smells foul, almost like something rotting. It's a brownish color, like old leaves.
Has Kitty been to the unlivable surface anytime recently?

Osevan takes Callies hand and begins the dance, smiling at her through it all. He says to her in a low whisper, ""You seem uneasy, my lady. I suspect these events have troubled you, but we are leaders. The common folk look to us to provide strength, and it is our duty to appear strong especially when we are not."

Take 10 on my perform(dance) check for a 25, by the way.
"I am no leader." She murmurs. "Surely you know that." She sighs slightly. "As for this troubling me, this is the third time I've seen someone attempt to assassinate my brother. He's not very popular because he dislikes court activities and prefers to spend all his free time in the library." She shakes her head sadly. "I imagine he'll lead the city well, he's certainly smart enough for it, but he does not want to, and my father simply refuses to acknowledge that. He's also a sole heir, and my uncle is a fool, so abdication isn't an option. I don't qualify for the throne, otherwise I'd gladly take it off Caleb's hands." She sighs. "I hope you forgive my unease. I am not entirely comfortable around undead... Not that you are not helpful, because you did save me, I just..." She sighs again.

Ariel sighs as much as she can as a bat at the lost few hours spent searching for Kitty. Ah well...She'll turn up later...And there are other candidates for a friend.

With that in mind, Ariel flies as a bat towards the...Castle? Manor? Wherever the Royal Family lives. Once there, she circles it several times, looking for where Callie sleeps. Also, Asdflove, bear in mind that this is several hours after the party, probably around 2 am or so.

Hide Check to avoid prying eyes: [roll0]
Spot Check to find Callie's room: [roll1]
The castle is bright, many of the windows are still lit, even at this late hour. As far as you can see none of the outside rooms with windows are bedrooms at all.

Illven
2014-05-04, 07:58 PM
That sounds like a wonderful dream. Abby replied guiding the young lady Anenadrel's head to her shoulder.

Did you have any mentors while growing up? She asked.

Ionbound
2014-05-04, 08:13 PM
Ariel sighs again, but flies just below one of the windows and assumes Gaseous Form before flowing through the window cracks. Once inside, she floats to the ceiling and begins searching for Callie's bedroom.

Taking 10 on a Search Check to find the bedroom.

I would also take 10 on my Hide and Move Silently checks if I can, but if I can't, here are the rolls:

And before you freak out at the suddenly higher roll, I realized when I was looking at my sheet, I forgot to add vampire bonuses. Everything adds up.

Zanos
2014-05-04, 09:09 PM
Osevan chuckles a bit as Callie mentions his Gift. It is a curious thing, I suppose. I have seen mortals burn their own, torture each other, and kill because they enjoyed it. I contest that I may be less of a monster than some of the humans you have met. I am just as capable as a mortal of enjoying a fine wine, a master's symphony, or a dance with a beautiful princess." Osevan's smile returns as he says the last line. "The prince's situation is unfortunate, though. I do not question that he has a genius. He has mastered spells I have seen old men struggle to learn. He will go far in magic undoubtedly but..." Osevan glances at the prince briefly, before returning his gaze to Callie. His voice grows somber and serious, and his smile fades completely. "He is less of a leader than you. A leader can inspire others to die for their cause, and I do not think many people here would die for him. It is an easy thing to forget, but I am old, my lady. I have seen what happens to nations with unsuited kings. Unnecessary suffering is something we should all try to avoid."

asdflove
2014-05-05, 08:35 AM
That sounds like a wonderful dream. Abby replied guiding the young lady Anenadrel's head to her shoulder.

Did you have any mentors while growing up? She asked.
"One. He was the star of that original play actually. He saw how much I loved it and took me under his wing." She smiles. "He's retired now, but we still have tea once a week."

Osevan chuckles a bit as Callie mentions his Gift. It is a curious thing, I suppose. I have seen mortals burn their own, torture each other, and kill because they enjoyed it. I contest that I may be less of a monster than some of the humans you have met. I am just as capable as a mortal of enjoying a fine wine, a master's symphony, or a dance with a beautiful princess." Osevan's smile returns as he says the last line. "The prince's situation is unfortunate, though. I do not question that he has a genius. He has mastered spells I have seen old men struggle to learn. He will go far in magic undoubtedly but..." Osevan glances at the prince briefly, before returning his gaze to Callie. His voice grows somber and serious, and his smile fades completely. "He is less of a leader than you. A leader can inspire others to die for their cause, and I do not think many people here would die for him. It is an easy thing to forget, but I am old, my lady. I have seen what happens to nations with unsuited kings. Unnecessary suffering is something we should all try to avoid."
"I worship the god Alexander, who, if you didn't know this, is a god of the sun, positive energy and fire." She smiles nervously. "I realize perfectly well that mortals are capable of being monsters, but it's the unnaturalness of being powered by negative energy the throws me..."
She frowns slightly. "Some love my brother, and would die for him, I think, as I've seen him mobbed by adoring citizens just as many times as I've seen someone attempt to assassinate him. I suppose the way I think about it is that he's smart enough to make the right decisions but not ...charismatic enough to convince everyone it is the right decision. He would be better in the military, devising tactics and leading there, where I know he could win their trust, since his martial prowess is nearly as impressive as his magic." She pauses laughing lightly. "His shirking of social events for his studies may have damaged his popularity, but it's certainly caused him to be skilled beyond his age." She frowns again. "However, in regards to your statement of me being better suited contradicts your idea that a leader needs to be able to inspire their people to die for them, but these people never would. I'm the barely tolerated bastard daughter of the king, and I am only considered a noble at all to humor my father. No one but a small select few like me."

Illven
2014-05-05, 11:29 AM
And do your parents know about what you want to do? Abby said putting a hand on the young lady Anenadrel hip.

I can't imagine that they would be too thrilled about it. Their eldest daughter not inherent their lands, but going off to be an actress.

asdflove
2014-05-05, 01:25 PM
And do your parents know about what you want to do? Abby said putting a hand on the young lady Anenadrel hip.

I can't imagine that they would be too thrilled about it. Their eldest daughter not inherent their lands, but going off to be an actress.
"Actually," She leans close to Abby, grinning. "I don't have the burden of being the eldest. I have an older brother. Not much older, but still older, so I get to do whatever I want, using my family's resources, but not having to worry about politics at all." She laughs slightly.

Illven
2014-05-05, 01:42 PM
Heh, I know how that feels, I have three older siblings. And what do you need to do to get into the Thespian Guild? Abby questioned leaning close to the young lady Anenadrel

Zanos
2014-05-05, 05:02 PM
"I have had dealings with those faithful of Alexander in the past. I cannot hold your faith against you; I only ask that you form your own opinion about me rather than adopting another." He stops and chuckles briefly. "Public opinion is a curious thing, is it not? Your brother is loved yet assassinated, and you are hated yet left at peace. They love your brother because he is the prince. They hate you because you are the bastard. A bastard of a king. It is curious how actions do not mirror thoughts."

Osevan looks away from Callie, taking a moment to appear pensive. "Did you know that I was not born a noble? I lived most of my young life as a slave. They call me a lord now, but the truth is I was born with nothing. Everything I have ever had I won through force or cunning. Do not mourn the circumstances of your birth, I have seen those with less accomplish more. You claim to want something, Callie. You want your brother to be free from his responsibility. You want your people to prosper under a great ruler. You have a goal, and you have ability. The only question I really have for you is this:"
Do you truly wish to be queen?

JanusJones
2014-05-05, 05:56 PM
The stain smells foul, almost like something rotting. It's a brownish color, like old leaves.
Has Kitty been to the unlivable surface anytime recently?

Let's go with yes, since it seems likely to move things along!

asdflove
2014-05-05, 06:05 PM
Heh, I know how that feels, I have three older siblings. And what do you need to do to get into the Thespian Guild? Abby questioned leaning close to the young lady Anenadrel
"I have to sucessfully impersonate one of their members for 3 days with no one but the member I'm impersonating knowing that I'm not them, hence why I was practicing by impersonating my mother."

"I have had dealings with those faithful of Alexander in the past. I cannot hold your faith against you; I only ask that you form your own opinion about me rather than adopting another." He stops and chuckles briefly. "Public opinion is a curious thing, is it not? Your brother is loved yet assassinated, and you are hated yet left at peace. They love your brother because he is the prince. They hate you because you are the bastard. A bastard of a king. It is curious how actions do not mirror thoughts."

Osevan looks away from Callie, taking a moment to appear pensive. "Did you know that I was not born a noble? I lived most of my young life as a slave. They call me a lord now, but the truth is I was born with nothing. Everything I have ever had I won through force or cunning. Do not mourn the circumstances of your birth, I have seen those with less accomplish more. You claim to want something, Callie. You want your brother to be free from his responsibility. You want your people to prosper under a great ruler. You have a goal, and you have ability. The only question I really have for you is this:"
Do you truly wish to be queen?
She's silent for a moment contemplating Osevan's words. "Yes, I truly wish to be queen after my father passes, but even if Caleb abdicates, our foolish uncle still stands in the way."

Let's go with yes, since it seems likely to move things along!
Kitty, having been to the surface somewhat recently can recall that that is the precise smell the place reeks with now, and most things up there are tinged that sort of brownish color.

Illven
2014-05-05, 06:55 PM
Oh? Abby questioned. I have magic that could help with that if you desire.

Zanos
2014-05-07, 01:21 AM
Osevans mind reaches out to Callie's, whispering into it. In that regard, I suspect that I could aid you. But our time grows short, I fear. I shall linger here for a few days. Find me then, and we will see how we may convince your uncle the folly of asserting his claim.

Osevan ends the dance and bows to Callie, kissing her hand at the end of the bow. I suggest you remain discreet. Such talk may not be well received by certain ears.

asdflove
2014-05-11, 10:13 AM
Oh? Abby questioned. I have magic that could help with that if you desire.
She smiles. "Oh, no. If I wanted to use magic for it I'd just do so myself. I like the challenge of doing it completely mundane."

Osevans mind reaches out to Callie's, whispering into it. In that regard, I suspect that I could aid you. But our time grows short, I fear. I shall linger here for a few days. Find me then, and we will see how we may convince your uncle the folly of asserting his claim.

Osevan ends the dance and bows to Callie, kissing her hand at the end of the bow. I suggest you remain discreet. Such talk may not be well received by certain ears.
She nods near imperceptibly at him as she curtsies in return. "I thank you for the dance, Lord Osevan."

Illven
2014-05-11, 12:29 PM
But isn't it better to use any skill you have as your disposal? Abby questioned.

Then again, if anyone can succeed without any magic. I'm sure it's someone as wonderful as you. Abby said leaning in to kiss her.

Zanos
2014-05-21, 01:00 AM
"The pleasure was mine."

Osevan manages to acquire two full wine glasses and finds Inanna, offering her one of the glasses. "Such a shame that the festivities were interrupted, don't you agree?"

asdflove
2014-06-01, 02:21 PM
But isn't it better to use any skill you have as your disposal? Abby questioned.

Then again, if anyone can succeed without any magic. I'm sure it's someone as wonderful as you. Abby said leaning in to kiss her.
"Like I said, I like the challenge." She smiles slyly at Abby. "Oh, really?" She grins at her after the kiss. "Keep up moving that fast and people will think you're trying to gain something." She laughs lightly.

-----------------------------------------
Where Kitty is:
Kitty may notice the stain is slowly spreading out as she sits there. Suddenly out of nowhere a drow skids into the room, muttering to himself, his gaze fixed on the ceiling. "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. It's happening, just like he said it would. Oh no." He doesn't even notice Kitty.

Illven
2014-06-01, 03:01 PM
I'm. Abby said with a smirk. You in my arms. She lied, not missing a beat.

Bluff check taking ten for a total of 63.

asdflove
2014-06-05, 10:47 AM
I'm. Abby said with a smirk. You in my arms. She lied, not missing a beat.

Bluff check taking ten for a total of 63.

"You're certainly charming enough for that" She titters and leans back towards Abby, putting her head on Abby's shoulder. "I think you've already got it."

asdflove
2014-06-05, 06:38 PM
Osevan manages to acquire two full wine glasses and finds Inanna, offering her one of the glasses. "Such a shame that the festivities were interrupted, don't you agree?"
"Ahha! I finally found one of you! I've only been looking all night. You're Osevan right? My name is Ani, and I think I- no, not just me- the whole world needs your help." A half-elf woman with blue hair says after running up out of nowhere.
"Wait! Ah, what luck. Two of you at once, presuming you are Inanna."

"You're certainly charming enough for that" She titters and leans back towards Abby, putting her head on Abby's shoulder. "I think you've already got it."
Suddenly the door swings open, slamming against the wall. "Of course you left the party to to some random room. You're worse than the last bunch." A young adult (looking) elven man with silvery hair says breathlessly in the doorway. "Oh, and you're not alone. Hello Marie. Anyway, you are Abby, correct?"
Hello, Rekylen." She says dryly.

Illven
2014-06-05, 06:55 PM
Abby bolts up, and puts a hand to the sword in her sheathe, and in a moment of heroism moves to cover Lady Anenadrel

Yes, I'm Abby. What do you want? She said cautiously and slowly.

Rekylen She added hearing Marie's words.

asdflove
2014-06-05, 09:43 PM
Abby bolts up, and puts a hand to the sword in her sheathe, and in a moment of heroism moves to cover Lady Anenadrel

Yes, I'm Abby. What do you want? She said cautiously and slowly.

Rekylen She added hearing Marie's words.
Marie laughs at Abby's protectiveness. "Ky won't hurt you or me. He's the biggest softie I've ever met. I'm totally sure he could, I mean you don't get to being, what is it again? 600 years old?, without being powerful, but...
"No." He says flatly. "524 years old, actually."
"Whatever. You're still like, super old, and don't look it. Now what would you, and ancient elven nobleman prophet want with Abby?"
"I'm not being so damn passive this time." He snaps. "I'm not standing by and letting the world fail to be saved again because I'm afraid to mess something up. Abby, believe it or not, you, along with some people you probably don't even know need to save the world."
Marie snorts. "I wasn't aware the world was in danger. It's not like it's fraught with war like it was in your time."

Zanos
2014-06-05, 10:35 PM
Osevan maintains his bizarre composure even after the strange introduction, managing to smile back at Ani. "An odd way to make an introduction, although it and your beautiful hair certainly have my attention, Lady Ani. I am Lord Osevan, yes. I don't believe we've been introduced before." He hands one of the glasses towards her, offering it. "Wine? I'd imagine you're quite parched after blurting all that out."

asdflove
2014-06-05, 10:52 PM
She gratefully accepts the glass. "I may have sounded a bit dramatic, but I was entirely serious. My husband told me about you, was absolutely sure it was you and a some others (, like Ms. Inanna (if she turns up)). Perhaps I should clarify...She pauses. "He's a prophet, believe it or not, and supposedly you are part of the only group that can save the world, the second chosen he's been calling you, and he'd like to explain this hiself, but he's currently off after another one of you, someone named Abby, but it is very important..."

Illven
2014-06-05, 10:58 PM
So he's a prophet, huh? I'm one myself. Abby replied.

What prophecy are you talking about? She asked.

Not a lie, she has 9 levels in divine oracle. Armored evasion and super accurate divinations are sexy. :smalltongue:

Zanos
2014-06-05, 11:17 PM
"Chosen? I imagine that would be quite the boon to my political career." He chuckles a bit at his own joke, taking a small sip from his glass. "I would very much like to speak with this prophet of yours. I have seen enough of this world to know that what you say may be true, and I have grown rather attached to it in my many years. It would be a pity to see it go. Still, I hope whatever he has to say to say is enlightening, because this has already been a rather...curious day for me.

JanusJones
2014-06-05, 11:42 PM
Kitty may notice the stain is slowly spreading out as she sits there. Suddenly out of nowhere a drow skids into the room, muttering to himself, his gaze fixed on the ceiling. "Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. It's happening, just like he said it would. Oh no." He doesn't even notice Kitty.

Kitty's form is hard to make out in bright light - in the dim of the tunnels she's little more than a shadow. She evaporates.

The voice is nothing more than a message in the elf's head.

"Like who said it would? Do be specific and detailed - I'm in an awful snit, and if you ruin my mood further, I can't be held responsible for the consequences."

Move action to Hide ([roll0]). Using a standard to prepare a teleport to him if he runs.

I'd like to know his type and Int, and scent.

asdflove
2014-06-06, 09:41 AM
So he's a prophet, huh? I'm one myself. Abby replied.

What prophecy are you talking about? She asked.

Not a lie, she has 9 levels in divine oracle. Armored evasion and super accurate divinations are sexy. :smalltongue:

"... We're probably not the same kind of prophet." He says dryly.
"He supposedly predicted the great wars that forced as all down here."
"Oh, for the last time, it wasn't the wars that caused what happened to the surface, sure the same bastard was responsible for both, but this wasn't caused directly by the was. More like the wars were caused by it... As for what prophect I'm referring to, a much more recent one than she is. Coming underground, it was only a temporary fix." He sighs. "This problem should have been solved over a hundred years ago, and none of this should have happened, but it did, so now the mess needs to be cleaned up, and you, are one of the only people who can do it, along with some others..."

I'm still working on retooling his build, but he may be gaining levels in that class, but he's a prophet (like actually is sent prophecies by his deity kind of prophet) either way.

"Chosen? I imagine that would be quite the boon to my political career." He chuckles a bit at his own joke, taking a small sip from his glass. "I would very much like to speak with this prophet of yours. I have seen enough of this world to know that what you say may be true, and I have grown rather attached to it in my many years. It would be a pity to see it go. Still, I hope whatever he has to say to say is enlightening, because this has already been a rather...curious day for me.
"Unless you have any idea whom Abby is, and where she may have wandered, I have no idea where he is as of right now. Somewhere in the palace. I'm glad that you believe me though. I wish I could say more, but he really does wish to tell you himself."

Kitty's form is hard to make out in bright light - in the dim of the tunnels she's little more than a shadow. She evaporates.

The voice is nothing more than a message in the elf's head.

"Like who said it would? Do be specific and detailed - I'm in an awful snit, and if you ruin my mood further, I can't be held responsible for the consequences."

Move action to Hide ([roll0]). Using a standard to prepare a teleport to him if he runs.

I'd like to know his type and Int, and scent.

He stiffens. "Is someone here?" He says quietly. "If you must know the he I speak of is the great prophet Rekylen. He's warned for years that just retreating underground isn't safe. That this," He gestures at the dark spot on the ceiling. "would happen."

Humanoid
Int: 36
His scent? Uh, like a drow would typically smell. He may smell somewhat fresher than most people down here, having been to the only livable part of the surface recently..

Illven
2014-06-06, 01:42 PM
What was supposed to happen 100 years ago? Abby replied curious.

Zanos
2014-06-06, 02:45 PM
"I am afraid I'm not familiar with anyone by that name. How did you find me?"

asdflove
2014-06-06, 08:07 PM
"I am afraid I'm not familiar with anyone by that name. How did you find me?"
"Shame. Oh, he told me all of your names and what you looked like. It's also worth noting that you made a rather grand entrance."

What was supposed to happen 100 years ago? Abby replied curious.
"In short, a very powerful spell should of been stopped before it's creator died, or it just finally backfired, but it wasn't, which actually is what's causing all the damage on the surface, and it's starting to come down here now, just as I knew it would." He frowns. "Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, some of you who are supposed to stop it now despise each other, which is, needless to say, problematic."
Marie gasps. "It's coming down here!"

Illven
2014-06-06, 08:27 PM
How would we stop it? Abby questioned putting a hand behind her head.

It can't be as simple as spamming dispelling magics, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem in the first place. She pointed out.

Zanos
2014-06-06, 08:53 PM
"True, although I don't believe I saw you at the time. What does this Abby look like?"

asdflove
2014-06-07, 08:09 AM
How would we stop it? Abby questioned putting a hand behind her head.

It can't be as simple as spamming dispelling magics, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem in the first place. She pointed out.
"Obviously. How exactly you would go about fixing it now, I'm not sure. Previously it was about destroying a focus crystal, but the stupid thing exploded, which caused this whole mess in the first place! You'd have to go to the dead tunnels to investigate."
Setting note: The dead tunnels, or the dark tunnels as their sometimes referred to, are rather well known tunnels that are in the northern part of the western continent (the ones that are a different color) that are known for being even more unlivable than the surface.

"True, although I don't believe I saw you at the time. What does this Abby look like?"

"It's a crowded room. I wouldn't have expected you to see me." She then describes Abby. "Of course so many of you would first be at the same place at a Masquerade ball, masks." She sighs, shaking her head.

Abby isn't described on her sheet, so I in all actuality have no idea what she looks like.

JanusJones
2014-06-07, 11:15 AM
He stiffens. "Is someone here?" He says quietly. "If you must know the he I speak of is the great prophet Rekylen. He's warned for years that just retreating underground isn't safe. That this," He gestures at the dark spot on the ceiling. "would happen."

Humanoid
Int: 36
His scent? Uh, like a drow would typically smell. He may smell somewhat fresher than most people down here, having been to the only livable part of the surface recently..

"Well, at least you seem brighter than most of the bipeds I've had to suffer today. Care to explain why you don't smell like the rest, either?"

Keeping the readied action ... well, ready!

asdflove
2014-06-07, 04:42 PM
"Well, at least you seem brighter than most of the bipeds I've had to suffer today. Care to explain why you don't smell like the rest, either?"

Keeping the readied action ... well, ready!
"Bipeds? Smell different..." He murmurs to himself, clearly thinking aloud. "Oh, I see. You must be a small animal of some sort, most likely of dark color, so you find it easy to hide down here. Well, I'll indulge and I won't look for you, but I should note I do see perfectly in the dark. As for why I smell different, are you referring to the fact that I don't smell like I've been stuck in these horrifically ventilated tunnels for years? I was out in elven lands just a few days ago. Not to mention the superior quality of the tunnels in my home land..."

Illven
2014-06-07, 04:50 PM
How would we even survive? Abby questioned.

I mean I'm strong. But I'm not how I would do a long term investigation of the dark tunnels.

asdflove
2014-06-07, 05:07 PM
How would we even survive? Abby questioned.

I mean I'm strong. But I'm not how I would do a long term investigation of the dark tunnels.
He sighs, running his hand through his hair. "I have no idea. I didn't exactly just decide you were part of the group that has to fix this mess, I was just told."

Illven
2014-06-07, 06:44 PM
So I guess we find the other members? Abby suggested.

asdflove
2014-06-07, 09:25 PM
So I guess we find the other members? Abby suggested.
"Yeah. My wife is in the ball room right now looking for some of them, since most of you were there I figured today would be a good time to act." He sighs.
"Abby is seriously going to help save the world? Woah."

Illven
2014-06-07, 09:54 PM
Apparently I am. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Abby replied.

Zanos
2014-06-09, 10:56 PM
"I'm sure we'll run into them, then. I'm not particularly hard to miss, as you have demonstrated. Still, I am curious, what else does your husband say of me?"

asdflove
2014-06-10, 09:00 AM
Apparently I am. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Abby replied."Let's go back to the ballroom now, please." He turns on his heel and walks out of the room.

"I'm sure we'll run into them, then. I'm not particularly hard to miss, as you have demonstrated. Still, I am curious, what else does your husband say of me?"
"Nothing much. He's been fairly tight lipped about this one. Though he's been muttering about some less than friendly preexisting relationships between some of you. For all I know that might involve you. Any enemies at this party tonight? ... Okay, that was a stupid question. You're a politician at a royal party, of course you have enemies here."

Illven
2014-06-10, 01:54 PM
As you wish. Abby says, helping Marie up.

Zanos
2014-06-11, 11:06 PM
"Certainly there are men and women who envy my position, or perhaps wish to see me cast down for a myriad of other reasons. Dissenters, perhaps, but not enemies. They will not openly oppose someone with as...storied a past as myself. Those who do either have little love for their lives and holdings, or have taken leave of their wits some time ago."

Osevan glances away from his companion, seeing someone meeting Ani's description approaching. "But we have more interesting matters to discuss than my history. I think your search may be at an end."

asdflove
2014-06-12, 01:42 PM
As you wish. Abby says, helping Marie up.

"Certainly there are men and women who envy my position, or perhaps wish to see me cast down for a myriad of other reasons. Dissenters, perhaps, but not enemies. They will not openly oppose someone with as...storied a past as myself. Those who do either have little love for their lives and holdings, or have taken leave of their wits some time ago."

Osevan glances away from his companion, seeing someone meeting Ani's description approaching. "But we have more interesting matters to discuss than my history. I think your search may be at an end."
Rekylen runs up, Abby presumably at his heels with Marie. "Ani, oh good you found him, hello Osevan, a pleasure to meet you, I found Abby in a private room with Marie-"
Ani cuts him off. "You didn't interrupt them, did you!? Really!?"
He waves her down. "This is far more important than that. It seems that Ariel and the others have already left, unfortunately."

I'm just assuming we've lost Mechanix now, if they come back we can just assume that Rekylen is being a ditz and not noticing her.
I'm also establishing that you were all here for some reason, even the new players I still have to recruit (which I'm posting the thread for later today).

Illven
2014-06-12, 02:21 PM
Should I divine to find her? Abby asked, searching her bag for the components.

Zanos
2014-06-12, 05:12 PM
"A pleasure to meet you as well I assume your companion is Abby? Well met." Osevan pauses for a moment, raising one of his eyebrows at the mentioned name. "I do hope you are not referring to the Ariel that comes to my mind."

asdflove
2014-06-12, 05:31 PM
Should I divine to find her? Abby asked, searching her bag for the components.
"No need, I'm fairly sure Ariel is coming back here later today, so we can just catch her then."

"A pleasure to meet you as well I assume your companion is Abby? Well met." Osevan pauses for a moment, raising one of his eyebrows at the mentioned name. "I do hope you are not referring to the Ariel that comes to my mind."
"He probably is."
"If the one that comes to mind is the one you sired years ago, then yes it is the same one. Sorry to disappoint, I'm none to happy about it either."

Zanos
2014-06-12, 05:38 PM
Osevan laughs humorlessly. "I suppose she has been chosen as well? You may find difficulty in convincing her your cause is worthwhile, and I admit this makes me rather curious as to how you came across this prophecy. An impulsive child is not someone I would rest our fates on, even as a joke."

asdflove
2014-06-12, 05:51 PM
Osevan laughs humorlessly. "I suppose she has been chosen as well? You may find difficulty in convincing her your cause is worthwhile, and I admit this makes me rather curious as to how you came across this prophecy. An impulsive child is not someone I would rest our fates on, even as a joke."
He sighs. "Come across? No. This is my prophecy. I'm the one who gave it, since my goddess tends to burden me with prophecies about the fate of the world." He scowls. "Yeah, I didn't choose it, fate seems to have decided you two are to both be part of the group to fix the last groups mess." He pauses raising his eyebrows. "It would be hard to convince her that every last life left in this world is worth while? I've seen enough people die due to him, and the aftermath of his actions. If it falls apart just because she's too stubborn then I'll kill her myself." He hisses, and Ani looks at him concerned.
"To answer the question that my husband probably won't, 'He' is a man who fashioned himself a god and ultimately is responsible for the mess on the surface." She says quietly. "He's also responsible for the centuries of war this world saw before the descent underground."

Zanos
2014-06-12, 06:06 PM
"Your agitation is to be expected, but you must realize that we have not seen what you claim to have seen. Some of us were not even alive when mortals still walked the surface. And while you certainly seem genuine in your passion, I am going to need more than words to simply drop everything to fulfill this prophecy. Years ago, perhaps, but now? Nearly an entire race counts on my leadership. I cannot abandon them without something more concrete, and I doubt Ariel will abandon her madness without evidence either." Osevan sighs, rubbing his chin and thinking.

"And I certainly don't think much of our chances against a god, of all things."

Illven
2014-06-12, 06:14 PM
I know I wasn't alive when people lived on the surface. Abby said more to herself then anyone e;se/

asdflove
2014-06-12, 06:25 PM
"Your agitation is to be expected, but you must realize that we have not seen what you claim to have seen. Some of us were not even alive when mortals still walked the surface. And while you certainly seem genuine in your passion, I am going to need more than words to simply drop everything to fulfill this prophecy. Years ago, perhaps, but now? Nearly an entire race counts on my leadership. I cannot abandon them without something more concrete, and I doubt Ariel will abandon her madness without evidence either."
"Proof? What do you want me to do? Call my goddess down to confirm it? Because I can do that. Or perhaps we could meet my friend elsewhere in the city where he's currently investigating a spot where we think this blasted damage has already begun to move underground!" He takes a deep breath, calming himself down. "I understand why you may be dubious, but I really have no reason I would drag you away from your city, Syarian has no interest in The Den and neither do I, I just want the world to survive." He runs his hair frustrated.
Marie pipes up from behind Abby. "Um, Mr. Vampire sir, Osevan is it? Rekylen is kinda renowned for his prophet-ness. He supposedly predicted the wars the drove us down he-"
"How many times do I have to tell you it wasn't the wars Marie!"
"Sorry, I was just trying to help..." She mutters.
"Don't you have someone else you could leave in charge temporarily?" Ani asks Osevan.

Zanos
2014-06-12, 07:06 PM
"In charge? You misunderstand. I am their shield. I do not believe that you are trying to trick me or anything so mundane, but I believe the dissenters of my people may become more bold if they hear I am absent.

And if you could call down your god or show me the damage that has spread, that would go a long way to ease my concerns."

Illven
2014-06-12, 07:20 PM
Abby puts a comforting arm around Marie, and flashes a smile.

asdflove
2014-06-12, 08:54 PM
"In charge? You misunderstand. I am their shield. I do not believe that you are trying to trick me or anything so mundane, but I believe the dissenters of my people may become more bold if they hear I am absent.

And if you could call down your god or show me the damage that has spread, that would go a long way to ease my concerns."
"If it's a matter of worrying about others attacking, I could quite easily arrange it being protected. Not only am I noble in my homeland, but my friend who's currently out in the city investigating the spread is in his own." He pauses. "It would probably be best to just show you the spread, as my goddess is a rather busy person. Much of her time goes to protecting Syarian from this blasted mess, but she can only do so much, the actual problem needs solved."

Abby puts a comforting arm around Marie, and flashes a smile.
Marie smiles back and leans her head on Abby's shoulder.
Rekylen rolls his eyes and motions for everyone to follow him. He leaves the palace and goes to the upper levels of the city. "Around here somewhere..." He mutters. Suddenly a drow pokes his head out of a shadowy doorway directly in front of Rekylen and he jumps.
"Hello Rekylen." The drow says quietly. "I wasn't expecting you out here so quick, I thought you were gathering the-... Oh. You brought them with you." The drow pushes a pair of glasses up his nose and smiles awkwardly. "Um, well, get in here, I've heard bandits hang around this area and I don't care to fight them right now." Rekylen nods and darts into the room, which is quite dark.

Zanos
2014-06-12, 10:23 PM
I do have darkvision, if it's relevant.
Osevan smiles at Abby. "Someone's been rather busy, I see. Have fun while you can, because I doubt we will have much time for it in the future."
He glances at the Drow as he walks past dryly stating, "Yes, and a good evening to you as well."

He turns back to Rekylen, following him inside. "That would be appreciated. I'll leave one of my more powerful thralls in the city, I suppose. Most vampires respect the idea of my presence enough to keep themselves behaved. You are awfully quick to offer your aid. Have my kin absolved themselves of being painted as ravenous beasts, or are you simply that tolerant?"

asdflove
2014-06-12, 11:49 PM
I do have darkvision, if it's relevant.
Osevan smiles at Abby. "Someone's been rather busy, I see. Have fun while you can, because I doubt we will have much time for it in the future."
He glances at the Drow as he walks past dryly stating, "Yes, and a good evening to you as well."

He turns back to Rekylen, following him inside. "That would be appreciated. I'll leave one of my more powerful thralls in the city, I suppose. Most vampires respect the idea of my presence enough to keep themselves behaved. You are awfully quick to offer your aid. Have my kin absolved themselves of being painted as ravenous beasts, or are you simply that tolerant?"
"Erhm, sorry, I just wasn't expecting you." The drow smiles awkwardly.
"You'll have to excuse my friend, he's not comfortable around strangers. I have been alive for over 400 years; frankly I don't care what anyone is anymore. I suppose you could just say I'm tolerant, but it's more of a matter of learning that it doesn't freakin matter.

Illven
2014-06-13, 01:05 AM
Hello Sir drow. Abby says with a wave of her free hand. She'd bow or courtsy but Marie was on her arm.

The's drow int score? :smalltongue:

asdflove
2014-06-13, 09:51 AM
Hello Sir drow. Abby says with a wave of her free hand. She'd bow or courtsy but Marie was on her arm.

The's drow int score? :smalltongue:

"Oh, I am Nekelius Nightheart." He nervously introduced himself.
I already told Janus this when they were still with us, but 36.
Also to Osevan's darkvision the room is a rather small room with nothing in it.

Zanos
2014-06-13, 10:24 PM
"The world would be a better place if more people had as many years as us."

Osevan scans the room briefly, "Is this the location? I see nothing peculiar."

asdflove
2014-06-13, 11:10 PM
"The world would be a better place if more people had as many years as us."

Osevan scans the room briefly, "Is this the location? I see nothing peculiar."
"Maybe not. The man who caused this whole mess in the first place was ageless, just as I am, but he was also very foolish, if the catastrophe left in his wake shows anything."
Rekylen pulls his sword off his back and swings it hard at the ceiling and some of the rock crumbles down. With the rock falling the stench becomes prevalent. The rock fragments just knocked from the ceiling reek with the same rotting stench that most of the surface does. "It's not about seeing it, but smelling it, really. It only looks like darker rock, but..." He kicks one of the larger chunks on the floor and it crumbles further.
"It's quite clear it's not once you actually investigate it." Nekelius finishes quietly, staring intently at the gouge Rekylen made in the ceiling.

Zanos
2014-06-16, 08:40 PM
Osevan glares at the crumbling rock, what little remained of his smile fading. ""How bad is the surface?"

Would any knowledge checks be relevant? For whatever the decay is.

asdflove
2014-06-21, 09:56 PM
Osevan glares at the crumbling rock, what little remained of his smile fading. ""How bad is the surface?"

Would any knowledge checks be relevant? For whatever the decay is.

"About this, really." Rekylen murmurs staring at the rock. "My homeland is only untouched becuase I was just barely able to warn them early enough to protect the land, but even then it's still a daily effort to keep it off."

No knowledge checks, but a detect magic might tell you something.

Zanos
2014-06-23, 07:26 PM
Osevan murmurs a view brief words, the sclera of his eyes turning blood red. He states intently at the ceiling and the disintegrating chunks on the ground.

Feels a bit metagamey, but casting detect magic.
Also feel free for anyone else to chime in? Feeling lonely in here.

asdflove
2014-06-23, 07:56 PM
Osevan murmurs a view brief words, the sclera of his eyes turning blood red. He states intently at the ceiling and the disintegrating chunks on the ground.

Feels a bit metagamey, but casting detect magic.
Also feel free for anyone else to chime in? Feeling lonely in here.

As I hate the spellcraft check to identify magic auras, we shall ignore it. Osevan sees a strong Enchantment/Necromancy aura around both the spot in the ceiling and the chunks on the ground.

Hey, I think it's entirely reasonable to inspect the magic on the evil life killing thing that you have to stop. I love love love my new laptop. Love. Love. Love.

Illven
2014-06-24, 01:05 AM
Abby looks at Rekylen

There are parts of the surface that are untouched? She asked astonished.

asdflove
2014-06-24, 08:26 AM
Abby looks at Rekylen

There are parts of the surface that are untouched? She asked astonished.

"You didn't know?" He says astonished. "It's all anyone has been talking about lately." He scowls. "Oh no! The elves were able to protect themselves! It must be all their fault!" His tone is heavily sarcastic.
"Let's not forget to new one." Nekelius mutters. "The drow are allied with the elves, so they must be in cahoots about the destruction of the surface."
"Yes, yes. People have been losing their good sense, but now is not the time to complain about it."

Zanos
2014-06-24, 06:43 PM
As I hate the spellcraft check to identify magic auras, we shall ignore it. Osevan sees a strong Enchantment/Necromancy aura around both the spot in the ceiling and the chunks on the ground.

Hey, I think it's entirely reasonable to inspect the magic on the evil life killing thing that you have to stop. I love love love my new laptop. Love. Love. Love.
Osevan continues frowning at the ceiling, although his eyes return to their normal coloration. "While perhaps unintentional, the damage to the surface has caused the elvish people to be in a comparatively superior position to nearly ever other race. I have never known anyone to relinquish such a position without considerably alterations in their circumstances."

Plerumque
2014-06-27, 09:28 PM
Rowan had been attending the ball with the intent of following up on a lead he'd been given. A rash of thefts from secure locations had been plaguing certain notable members of the aristocracy, with the calling card of an opera mask that would have just covered the eyes- domino, as they call it. Master. Someone had suggested that the culprit might be in attendance at just such a masked affair, and thus came Rowan, feeling distinctly uncomfortable in a stiff suit he'd purchased the morning before. He had imagined the whole thing would be enormously dull, with only the glimmer of hope for a clue to keep him going. Instead, the ball had barely started when the prince was presented with a poisonous gift, and his sister was enchanted by the same mysterious noblewoman that presented it to him. Although Rowan's talents, not being in the magical realm, proved insufficient to aid in the moment, he resolved to start tracking down the culprits as early as possible the next morning. And so he waited, as the party wound down and people trickled out the doors, until only the dregs of the partygoers remained, and yet he still waited, standing nearby the door and scanning each person surreptitiously as they left. This sort of excitement was the kind of thing that inspired real passion in him, reminded him why he kept his job, and the chase was barely even begun.

asdflove
2014-06-29, 09:29 AM
Osevan continues frowning at the ceiling, although his eyes return to their normal coloration. "While perhaps unintentional, the damage to the surface has caused the elvish people to be in a comparatively superior position to nearly every other race. I have never known anyone to relinquish such a position without considerably alterations in their circumstances."
"Osevan, you are old enough to remember what it was like before. You know just as well as I that Syarian is only one of two elven nations that existed, yet now you'll find it's the only place where you can really find elves anywhere anymore. Riavian is one of the nations that was utterly destroyed when this mess initially hit, they didn't even get the chance to move underground." He sighs. "So though elves do have the surface, there are significantly less of us than any other race."
"Lets not forget the fact that living on the surface isn't exactly all sunshine and roses. Though we manage to hold off the rot, which on it's own is a daily effort for our clerics and druids, but the weather has been extremely haphazard for the past century. It can snow one day, then be scorching hot the next. This mess has completely ruined the planet, and, as you see, it's getting worse. We think-"
"Don't say we think like it's just a theory, Ani." Nekelius interrupts. "We KNOW that if the source of this whole mess is fixed, not only will the rot go away, but the weather will stabilize and return to how it was prior to all of this."
Rekylen smiles grimly. "Now, let's go, I actually think one of you are still at the ball, and Ariel will be returning there shortly."

Yas392
2014-06-30, 11:45 AM
Madame Sasha was a witness to all processed. She had seen it in her dreams, the augury of the ballroom display itself vividly on her brain. With her multi-color vertical fold gown and her newly bought masquerade mask, she let the events played out exactly as they should, choosing to remain oblivious. When she beheld where the 'chosen' ones were gathering after the ball, made haste to the location, knowing that she is part of the tapestry. You! The she-oracle burst out, removing her partial mask. You are the one who will lead the chosen ones to greatness.

Aegis013
2014-06-30, 06:42 PM
Roylwort feels certain that his attempts to garner more resources from the nobles towards the maintenance and preservation of the current tunnel system were quickly forgotten amongst the excitement of the evening. He saunters back into the main ball area, hoping that maybe the servants haven't yet cleared away all of the delicacies, his bowels at last released from knots of anxiety from trying to coax gold from those loathe to part with it.

Zanos
2014-06-30, 06:49 PM
"I am not claiming that you have profited from the incident. Only that it is not unreasonable for those who seek to place blame to place it on you. Not all can claim to have your clarity of vision. In truth I'm surprised I have escaped as many accusations as I have. The lack of certain sources of light have been a boon for recruitment."

Osvean moves to follow Rekylen.

"But this is not the Den, and I wish to be terse in our stay here if we truly need Ariel. I doubt her incident has made her many friends."

asdflove
2014-07-01, 11:42 AM
"I am not claiming that you have profited from the incident. Only that it is not unreasonable for those who seek to place blame to place it on you. Not all can claim to have your clarity of vision. In truth I'm surprised I have escaped as many accusations as I have. The lack of certain sources of light have been a boon for recruitment."

Osvean moves to follow Rekylen.

"But this is not the Den, and I wish to be terse in our stay here if we truly need Ariel. I doubt her incident has made her many friends."
"I suppose you have a valid point, but that does not stop it from being annoying, though they lack a reason to place blame on the drow as well, or at least a good reason."

Madame Sasha was a witness to all processed. She had seen it in her dreams, the augury of the ballroom display itself vividly on her brain. With her multi-color vertical fold gown and her newly bought masquerade mask, she let the events played out exactly as they should, choosing to remain oblivious. When she beheld where the 'chosen' ones were gathering after the ball, made haste to the location, knowing that she is part of the tapestry. You! The she-oracle burst out, removing her partial mask. You are the one who will lead the chosen ones to greatness.
Rekylen skids tos a stop. "Gah! Sasha. Goodness, I wasn't expecting that, though it was remarkably convenient." He shakes his head laughing. "Alright then, everyone, this is Sasha, she's just as much a part of this mess as you are. Now if we hurry back we can catch Rowan and Roylwort before they leave and then get Ariel as she's going to try and finish what she attempted today, crazy girl..." He keeps walks, but then asks Sasha a question. "Based on your comment I'm guessing you know you're prophesied to do something but you have no idea what it is, but how did you know that much? Before today Ani and Nekelius were the only ones I've told."

Walking with haste they get back to the palace far quicker than it took them to get to their previous destination.
"Osevan, how likely do you think it is that we can sway Ariel to stop trying to kill the Prince and Vampirize the Princess? You actually know her. She'll be back soon enough."

After Osevan answers Rekylen charges into the ballroom and to Roylwort first.
"Hello Roylwort. My name is Rekylen Farsight. Your concerned about maintaining the tunnels, right?" He says quickly. "Well things aren't actually going too well." He pulls a piece of affected stone out of his bag where he stowed it before they left and hands it to Roylwort. "This is from one of the upper level of the city. You are one of the people who have to fix it, and in the process fix the surface. I'll explain more later but right now I'm still trying to gather everyone" His voice never lost the swift tone of urgency it started with when he walked up.

Aegis013
2014-07-01, 12:14 PM
Roylwort accepts the stone and casts Detect Magic on it.

[roll0] Knowledge Geography to determine if this sample appears to have become worse than others I have observed.

After examining the stone for several seconds, Roylwort tilts his head back to attempt to meet the gaze of this stranger.

"Yes, Rekylen, that is my indeed my concern. And if what you say is true, then I would certainly like to hear anything you know on the matter. I will be pleased to be working with you for the time being. Although, as a matter of curiosity, how did you come to know my name?"

asdflove
2014-07-01, 12:41 PM
Roylwort accepts the stone and casts Detect Magic on it.

[roll0] Knowledge Geography to determine if this sample appears to have become worse than others I have observed.

After examining the stone for several seconds, Roylwort tilts his head back to attempt to meet the gaze of this stranger.

"Yes, Rekylen, that is my indeed my concern. And if what you say is true, then I would certainly like to hear anything you know on the matter. I will be pleased to be working with you for the time being. Although, as a matter of curiosity, how did you come to know my name?"
There are no other areas where it has leaked underground yet, but it matches stone on the surface, if a little less fragile. The detect magic has the exact same auras as it did for Osevan.
I should also note that a Know. (Religion) or (History) could tell you that Rekylen Farsight is a prophet of the elven goddess Relynna (Balance, Nature, and Peace).
"I... tend to know things. I'll explain further in just a moment." He turned on his heel and strode back to the doors he just came back into, but stops at the man standing near them. "Hello Rowan. My name is Rekylen Farsight. How would you like to help clean up after the mess of a criminal from a century ago. You would be, along with the other, renowned the world over."He's high Int, high Cha and knows about the people he's talking to before he's met them, I figure he'd change his approach based on the person.

Zanos
2014-07-01, 01:05 PM
"I knew her once, long ago. She lacks foresight and patience. She gets an idea in her head and it is difficult to remove it, even if it may be poisonous to herself and those around her. You could try, perhaps, to stick a new idea in her head to obsess over. If you can spin it as though she'd be able to rub it in my face, I'm sure she'd enjoy that."

Osevan frowns at the woman as she makes her outburst towards them. "I suppose it would be too much to ask for my supposed allies to conduct themselves in a befitting manner. At least I've met one seer today who seems lucid enough to at least start with their name."

Re'ozul
2014-07-01, 02:19 PM
Anarion

He stands in a corner of the spacious ballroom, no mask adorning his face.
His clothing as well, spoke of his reluctance to be here. Simple robes of a clerical monk, worn with time and adventure.

If only he could have said no. But they had appealed to his sense of good. Told him that his presence may cause some of the guests to give to the church and to charity.
He knew of course that the probability of such was slim, yet he could not, would not, allow any opportunity to evade him.

Oh how he wished to be back on the road. Travel was so much better than this kind of environment.

Aegis013
2014-07-01, 02:20 PM
Roylwort, following Rekylen, ponders why the name seems so familiar.

[roll0]
If everything I might know of him is covered in the previous spoiler, you may safely ignore this check.

Roylwort says plainly to the assembled characters "Greetings, it seems we may have the opportunity to work together in the near future. I look forward to it. I am Roylwort Llaleesheel, by what names are you known?" Roylwort directs the final question towards Osevan, as Rowan's name has already been revealed, but offering him the opportunity to introduce himself, nonetheless.

He finds Osevan's words curious, for he has yet to fully grasp their context - unsure if the remark about names was directed towards him, Rekylen, or someone else. His hunger quickly forgotten with the news regarding the state the tunnels.

asdflove
2014-07-01, 02:40 PM
"I knew her once, long ago. She lacks foresight and patience. She gets an idea in her head and it is difficult to remove it, even if it may be poisonous to herself and those around her. You could try, perhaps, to stick a new idea in her head to obsess over. If you can spin it as though she'd be able to rub it in my face, I'm sure she'd enjoy that."

Osevan frowns at the woman as she makes her outburst towards them. "I suppose it would be too much to ask for my supposed allies to conduct themselves in a befitting manner. At least I've met one seer today who seems lucid enough to at least start with their name."
"It was you who sired her, right? Do you think that stopping everything on this planet being utterly obliterated if she doesn't help would stick in her head? I'm not sure how we could spin it in that way though, make it sound like a competition to save the world?"
He pauses. "Well, I much prefer the term Prophet to seer."
There's a bit more to know than that (but that check wasn't enough). With Rekylen's quip to Osevan however, I'd allow you to roll again with a +5 circumstance bonus.

Anarion

He stands in a corner of the spacious ballroom, no mask adorning his face.
His clothing as well, spoke of his reluctance to be here. Simple robes of a clerical monk, worn with time and adventure.

If only he could have said no. But they had appealed to his sense of good. Told him that his presence may cause some of the guests to give to the church and to charity.
He knew of course that the probability of such was slim, yet he could not, would not, allow any opportunity to evade him.

Oh how he wished to be back on the road. Travel was so much better than this kind of environment.
Rekylen pauses. "Wait a minute..." He murmurs before looking over his shoulder in the now nearly empty ball room. He throws his head back and laughs. "How perfect." He smirks.

Illven
2014-07-01, 02:56 PM
Abby curtsies with one hand to Roylwort

My name is Abby, and I'm also a prophet. We seem to have many of those around.

She nudges Marie

This is Marie Anenadrel She continued.

Aegis013
2014-07-01, 03:18 PM
"I am pleased to meet you, Abby, Marie. I am a humble tunnel keeper."

Glancing back towards Rekylen, Roylwort gives another moment's thought to why this person's name seems familiar.

[roll0]
Included the +5 circumstance bonus.

Zanos
2014-07-01, 05:00 PM
"I am not one to deny someone their perferred form of address, and you seem to have earned it. Very well, prophet. I did sire her, but that was before we were driven underground. She has changed since she has left my tutelage, and I fear my lessons did not take."
Osevan pauses in turn, contemplating. "But I do not think she is beyond reason. A competition may amuse her, but she was never predictable."

Osevan turns to Rolywort. "I apologize, it's been a curious day, and I do not like surprises. I am Lord Osevan Caragisnt." He extends his hand for a handshake.

Edit: Fixed formatting.

Aegis013
2014-07-01, 11:42 PM
Roylwort, pleased at the introductions thus far, happily shakes Osevan's hand. His posture, despite his small stature, and beaming smile assure you that he is, in fact, pleased to make your acquaintance.

Yas392
2014-07-02, 10:00 AM
Madame Sasha chuckles. It is base knowledge after living about a century. I catch a glimpse of fate once in a while and I can divine the future with sufficient knowledge. You said you are a prophet? And you said your prophecy came from your god? Pray tell, how accurate is it? She lifts her hem and does a curtsy. Everyone, please call me Sasha or Madame Sasha if you want to be formal. And what shall I address each of you as if we are getting acquainted with each other?

Knowledge (Planes) - [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) - [roll1]

asdflove
2014-07-02, 10:24 AM
"I am not one to deny someone their preferred form of address, and you seem to have earned it. Very well, prophet. I did sire her, but that was before we were driven underground. She has changed since she has left my tutelage, and I fear my lessons did not take."
Osevan pauses in turn, contemplating. "But I do not think she is beyond reason. A competition may amuse her, but she was never predictable."
"Hopefully that will work, because we need her."

Madame Sasha chuckles. It is base knowledge after living about a century. I catch a glimpse of fate once in a while and I can divine the future with sufficient knowledge. You said you are a prophet? And you said your prophecy came from your god? Pray tell, how accurate is it? She lifts her hem and does a curtsy. Everyone, please call me Sasha or Madame Sasha if you want to be formal. And what shall I address each of you as if we are getting acquainted with each other?

Knowledge (Planes) - [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) - [roll1]

It was never stated around you that his prophecies came from his goddess.
Also, neither of those are the skills I said would give you info. Local can tell you that Farsight is a noble family in elven lands, and that he's relatively famous, at least amongst his own people, but that's all you can get from that.

Plerumque
2014-07-03, 09:51 AM
Rowan looks around in relative bemusement. "Well... it sounds like I may not have a choice." Dipping into a partial bow, he introduces himself as Rowan Arethar, Detective of the Watch. "I know some of you. Other names are new to me," he says, scanning the faces. "I'm sure we'll get along fine." Brief formalities over, he continues, "Still, I do like to know what the crime is that I'm chasing. I've spent too much time chasing after dead ends to seek out more of 'em, if you'll pardon me saying so. Perhaps you could start by explaining who you're talking about?" He fixes his gaze on Rekylen.

asdflove
2014-07-03, 11:50 AM
Rowan looks around in relative bemusement. "Well... it sounds like I may not have a choice." Dipping into a partial bow, he introduces himself as Rowan Arethar, Detective of the Watch. "I know some of you. Other names are new to me," he says, scanning the faces. "I'm sure we'll get along fine." Brief formalities over, he continues, "Still, I do like to know what the crime is that I'm chasing. I've spent too much time chasing after dead ends to seek out more of 'em, if you'll pardon me saying so. Perhaps you could start by explaining who you're talking about?" He fixes his gaze on Rekylen.
Rekylen breifly turns back to Rowan. "The destruction of the surface." He then turns back to face the corner where Anarion is standing. "Now, to get our last fellow." He strides off to that corner. "Hello Anarion." He smiles. "My name is Rekylen Farsight. We need your help to save the world."

Re'ozul
2014-07-03, 05:17 PM
Anarion

'He knows my name. I do not know how. And to save the world, hyperbole like usual, yet he seems honest to a degree.'

Anarion pushes himself away from the wall of the corner.

"I do hope you know the stakes of which you speak and do not simply take their importance in vain."

asdflove
2014-07-03, 05:27 PM
Anarion

'He knows my name. I do not know how. And to save the world, hyperbole like usual, yet he seems honest to a degree.'

Anarion pushes himself away from the wall of the corner.

"I do hope you know the stakes of which you speak and do not simply take their importance in vain."

"I truly mean what I say. The underground is in danger of suffering the same fate as the surface, which will in the end kill everything left in this already damaged world. I lived through the surface being destroyed, but I won't stand by and watch the same thing happen to the underground."

Plerumque
2014-07-03, 06:07 PM
"Why not? We could try for outer space next!" Rowan says, his tone flippant but a subtle note of hysteria in his voice. "Or I hear some philosophers believe there's an infinite number of worlds like this one. We could try expanding into some of those! Why not?" He takes a moment to calm down, breathing deeply. "Sorry. I make it my job to know things, and prophets who don't find it worth their time to explain anything properly don't sit well with me, surprisingly." He smiles. "No offense."

Yas392
2014-07-03, 08:30 PM
Madame Sasha chimes in after the introductions have been done, summarizing the whole point of the meeting, thanks to her accumulated compendium. Let me get this straight. You are asking us to investigate the source of the sudden burst of magic that razed the surface 400 years ago and come up with counter-measure to prevent the same life-wiping incident which you may think may happen in our underground dwelling. Did you live prior to that happening? Sasha face-palmed realizing that if she had been shuffling the wrong knowledge about Farsight when he seemingly knew a lot of history, his appearance resembles a man beyond his years, is of noble birth by his regalia and gait and a prophet who communed with some kind of higher power.

Wouldn't Knowledge (Planes) give knowledge about outsiders which Reklyen's goddess is classified as one? The other deities are outsiders, aren't they? But I'll retcon my previous post to just introducing herself and checking whether he is common knowledge among the underground populace since that doesn't make sense for her to know that he is a prophet of a goddess if I made the wrong check. I will use three of Red Avenger's Ki Skill to amp knowledge checks, giving an extra bonus of +24 on top of existing bonuses.
Knowledge (Religion) - [roll0]
Knowledge (History) - [roll1]
Knowledge (Nobility) - [roll2]

Aegis013
2014-07-03, 10:18 PM
"Well, I for one will not stand for our tunnels, our very home and livelihood, being put at risk by my own inaction. Please, tell us what must be done, Rekylen, that we might go forth immediately and set things right." Roylwort says, eager to learn that his goal may be fulfilled and that the tunnels may be protected from danger by the group's actions.

Zanos
2014-07-06, 08:45 PM
Osevan turns to Rowan, "A good night to you, Detective Arethar. I am Lord Caragisnt, but I expect you have made a business of knowing this." Osevan extends his hand for another handshake.

"I apologize for our hosts terse nature. He appears to be in a considerable hurry, and I cannot blame him considering what he has just showed me. Some form of...consumption that has plagued the surface for years has made it's way to us. It appears that an old associate of Rekyln is the cause, and he has prophesied that our rather curious group is to save it. I lived on the surface before the destruction and Rekyln's vision has been correct in the past. I will add whatever weight my word carries to his, at least regarding the urgency of this particular matter."

Plerumque
2014-07-06, 09:40 PM
Rowan, at this point having passed through confusion and out the other side, shakes Osevan's hand. "Of course. Yes, I have heard much of you, but I don't believe we have ever been fortunate- or misfortunate, I suppose- enough to meet. It is a pleasure, Lord Carasignt. If I might be permitted, it seems the tales I've heard have not exaggerated." He surveys the vampire, then turns to look at Rekylen across the room.

"I see." He didn't. "An old acquaintance? If you knew him from the surface, might you be aware who this refers to?"

Zanos
2014-07-06, 11:00 PM
Osevan chuckles a bit, still wearing a polite smile. "It would be rather embarrassing for me to be investigated for breaking one of the laws I wrote. A fortunate delay in our meeting, then. I hope the tales do not speak ill of me."

Osevan's smile drops into a more neutral expression, following Rowan's gaze to Rekyln. "I did not know Rekyln from the surface, although I knew of him. He predicted the wars that plagued it with uncanny accuracy, so I am inclined to place stock in his word when he makes a claim of danger. It did not harm his case that he showed me some of the consumption before we returned here."

He makes a sweeping gesture with his hand towards the rest of the group. "It is my suspicion that our prophet is trying to gather all of us before fully explaining himself. I expect it to be a long tale, and I doubt one he wishes to repeat more than once."

Plerumque
2014-07-07, 09:36 AM
"I assure you that I meant no insult, sire. It is simply that due to the nature of my profession, the first time I meet people it is often on a less than joyous occasion. It has led me to take a somewhat dim view of the act. Of course, I suppose this qualifies as an unhappy situation, but regardless I am delighted to meet such an august personage." Despite being out of practice as far as flattery goes, Rowan tries valiantly.

He gives a long glance at the gesticulating elf and turns back to Osevan. "Indeed. Well, I suppose I must trust in the judgment of those who are so far my elders. It is indeed an alarming thought, if there is nowhere to flee this time. I shall wait for Rekylen's full presentation, then. I can sympathize if his aim is to avoid repeating himself. In the meantime, might I ask who it was you were discussing with him a few minutes ago? Another prophesied hero?"

Zanos
2014-07-14, 10:55 PM
""No slight was taken by it. Nearly the opposite in fact, it is a rare occasion on which I meet someone who carries themselves as well as yourself. A necessary skill among those of your profession." Osevan turns back to Rowan, folding his hands behind his back. ""We were discussing a former associate of mine with whom I parted with some time ago. She has resurfaced, and it appears that her aid will be required in completing this prophecy. Unfortunately our years apart have poisoned her against me and diluted what sanity she may have possessed." His mouth slips into faint grimace. ""She is still of my kind, so be cautious with her. She may speak with honeyed words as she slips fangs into your neck."

Plerumque
2014-07-26, 03:02 PM
Rowan dips his head. "Thank you. As for this associate, it does sound like you have a conundrum on your hands. A loose cannon does not seem like the kind of asset we need for a venture as important as this. Certainly won't be the first time I've had to work with one, though." He sighs. "Well, if she is the last one Rekylen must recruit, I suppose I'll have cause to meet her shortly. Is there any advice you might have as far as dealing with her and not causing an... incident?"

Re'ozul
2014-07-28, 10:37 AM
"I truly mean what I say. The underground is in danger of suffering the same fate as the surface, which will in the end kill everything left in this already damaged world. I lived through the surface being destroyed, but I won't stand by and watch the same thing happen to the underground."

"While I cannot honestly say that I feel as strongly about the underground as I do about the surface, its apparent imminent destruction is a matter of no slight concern. Of course, much of my opinion is created by my own ignorance. I have never truly wandered the underground before. Perhaps it is time to do so."

asdflove
2014-07-30, 10:48 AM
"While I cannot honestly say that I feel as strongly about the underground as I do about the surface, its apparent imminent destruction is a matter of no slight concern. Of course, much of my opinion is created by my own ignorance. I have never truly wandered the underground before. Perhaps it is time to do so."

Rekylen pauses for a moment at Anarion saying he hadn't wandered the underground, but quickly shakes it off. "Well, saving the underground should set the surface on the road to recovery." He smiles. "The rest of the group is over by the doors there." He walks back over to them, hoping Anarion will follow.

"Ariel will be back here any minute, so we need to intercept her on her way to Callie's room."

Re'ozul
2014-07-30, 11:56 AM
Anarion

Anarion follows the elf. His words show him to have at least once been a surface dweller.
While not a familiar face, eprhaps at least a secondary proxy to what he left behind would ease his slowly mounting anxiety.

Illven
2014-07-30, 02:59 PM
Should we split into two groups, one group flying and the other outside her door? Abby suggested.

If need be, I can make us invisible. She also suggested.

Aegis013
2014-07-31, 02:34 PM
Roylwort

Roylwort stays with the group, careful not to let Rekylen out of his sight. The anticipation that he might discover a way to achieve his goal tying his bowels in a tight knot. He takes a breath and redoubles his effort to keep his composure and patience.

Zanos
2014-07-31, 05:55 PM
Rowan dips his head. "Thank you. As for this associate, it does sound like you have a conundrum on your hands. A loose cannon does not seem like the kind of asset we need for a venture as important as this. Certainly won't be the first time I've had to work with one, though." He sighs. "Well, if she is the last one Rekylen must recruit, I suppose I'll have cause to meet her shortly. Is there any advice you might have as far as dealing with her and not causing an... incident?"
"She is proud, determined, and impatient. A horrible combination. Of course, anyone who despised me would likely be quick to find a friend in her. Try that if you can, as I doubt she will be particularly pleased to see us. Above all, be cautious. I would not put it above her to attempt to...recruit someone to aid whatever misguided scheme she seeks to pursue.

Osevan turns to Reklyn, sighing deeply. "She has not given that up? What we'll she do, slaughter all of the other heirs and appoint herself as queen? I can carry five others with me if you know where she is heading. I would prefer to arrive there as soon as possible, lest she succeed and damage the reputation I've seeked to build for my people.

asdflove
2014-07-31, 09:07 PM
"She is proud, determined, and impatient. A horrible combination. Of course, anyone who despised me would likely be quick to find a friend in her. Try that if you can, as I doubt she will be particularly pleased to see us. Above all, be cautious. I would not put it above her to attempt to...recruit someone to aid whatever misguided scheme she seeks to pursue.

Osevan turns to Reklyn, sighing deeply. "She has not given that up? What we'll she do, slaughter all of the other heirs and appoint herself as queen? I can carry five others with me if you know where she is heading. I would prefer to arrive there as soon as possible, lest she succeed and damage the reputation I've seeked to build for my people.
"Well I imagine she's going to find Callie, so go to her, and Ariel will come to us." He sighs. "I'm afraid I don't know the exacts of her plan, I may be a prophet, but I'm not omniscient, I'd rather hurry, please." He hurries out of the room, clearly once again expecting to be followed.

Ariel sighs again, but flies just below one of the windows and assumes Gaseous Form before flowing through the window cracks. Once inside, she floats to the ceiling and begins searching for Callie's bedroom.

Taking 10 on a Search Check to find the bedroom.

I would also take 10 on my Hide and Move Silently checks if I can, but if I can't, here are the rolls:

And before you freak out at the suddenly higher roll, I realized when I was looking at my sheet, I forgot to add vampire bonuses. Everything adds up.
The halls seem deserted except an errant guard here and there. There are plenty of bedrooms on the floor you came in on, but none of them seem to be that of the Princess. One was clearly the Prince's but he wasn't in it.

Illven
2014-07-31, 09:18 PM
Any idea where the prince is? Abby whispered to Marie, as they hustled to keep up.

Zanos
2014-07-31, 09:44 PM
Osevan follows him. "Do you know where Callie is, then?"

asdflove
2014-08-02, 10:40 AM
Any idea where the prince is? Abby whispered to Marie, as they hustled to keep up.
"Nope, but I'm sure Rekylen knows."

Osevan follows him. "Do you know where Callie is, then?"
"Likely in the bunker room downstairs, her brother would be there as well. I'm fairly certain that's the standard after an assassination attempt. They put them all in one room and put as many protections on that room as they can." He leads them down a set of stairs. "Down here is lower than most of the city." He leads all of you through some twisty hallways that slope downward, but eventually reaches a set of two guards blocking the hall.
"Halt! No one can pass through here."
"Rekylen Farsight." He pulled off his signet ring and handed it to the guard who spoke. "Representative from Synarian. I have urgent information for the royal family regarding the attempt of young Caleb's life earlier today. I believe the assassin will be returning shortly and I need to speak with them about it." The guard takes in Rekylen's words then carefully examines the ring carefully, making a point of looking on the inside of it.
"Farsight you say? That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Thought that family died off." But the other guard's eyes went wide as saucers when Rekylen had introduced himself.
"Alex! This is the prophet! The one who predicted the wars that drove us all down here. He's been here for months and has been working closely with the king, let him through!"
The first guard, Alex, sighs and hands the ring back to Rekylen. "Well your ring checks out, and apparently you're some sort of physic, you can go on through."
Rekylen sighs at some points in their conversation, but decides to not press his luck and correct them and just passes through to the end of the hall, around another curve, to two more guards outside of a door.

Re'ozul
2014-08-09, 04:41 PM
Anarion

Anarion moves to follow the elf beyond the two guards. Heading ever deeper is not truly his thing. Further is this situation's apparent seriousness not conducive to a serene mind.
Yet he restrains himself from calling upon his defensive powers. Not only could they be interpreted as a threat by those of less ... light disposition, but it is also simply a measure of decorum.

asdflove
2014-08-09, 05:02 PM
These guards, both seemingly recognizing Rekylen immediately, step aside to let him, and the rest of you, go through the door. The room itself is a fairly small room, but seems comfortable and cozy, if you can forget exactly how far underground it is. Near the door Callie and Caleb are bickering quietly and off to the far side of the room, the king and queen are talking urgently in hushed voices. Callie and Caleb, being the closest to the door, notice the group first. A sour look crossed Callie's face, but Caleb jumped to his feet looking excited.
"Prophet Rekylen!" Callie reluctantly got to her feet and curtsied.
"Greetings Lord Rekylen Farsight. What brings you down here at such a late hour." She said flatly, clearly as irritated here as Caleb was at the party earlier.
"No need to sound so irritated Callie. I'm actually here to intercept the woman who dominated you earlier. I'm afraid I have need of her, and she's currently looking for you."
Caleb frowns. "Don't tell me that Embers Saturday is one of the new Chosen. Gods no."
I'm afraid so, but her actual name is Ariel Taloresh.

OOC: And now we wait for Ariel. Feel free to mingle or ask questions to Rekylen (or any other NPCs in the room).

Illven
2014-08-09, 07:52 PM
Abby walks up to Callie and Caleb, curtsying

It is a pleasure to meet you two. Are you feeling as well as can be expected? She asks.

Making a diplomacy check to improve their disposition to Abby. (Should I roll a second one for the other child?)

[roll0]

Ionbound
2014-08-09, 09:20 PM
((Well, last I checked, Ariel hit double 50+ on a Hide and Move Silently check. So...Spot and Listen checks I suppose?))

Illven
2014-08-09, 09:32 PM
((With mindsight, since you have an intelligence score I should sense you immediately.))

Ionbound
2014-08-09, 11:06 PM
Well, Abby will be able to detect something she probably can't see then. A presence floats into the room and hovers at the ceiling, and the thoughts flowing through it's mind are something along the lines of, Okay...This is a lot messier than I anticipated...I'm going to have to wait for them to leave. Damn. I would like to get this over with tonight.

Zanos
2014-08-10, 12:23 AM
Osevan inclines his head slightly when he sees Callie and Caleb. "I apologize to the both of you. I did not expect your assailant to be so persistent. Hopefully this won't take too long to resolve."

asdflove
2014-08-10, 09:29 AM
Abby walks up to Callie and Caleb, curtsying

It is a pleasure to meet you two. Are you feeling as well as can be expected? She asks.

Making a diplomacy check to improve their disposition to Abby. (Should I roll a second one for the other child?)

[roll0]

"A pleasure, Ms...?"
"We're fine, though I can't believe how persistent this girl is."
Callie's ill disposition is towards Rekylen. She doesn't even know you.

Osevan inclines his head slightly when he sees Callie and Caleb. "I apologize to the both of you. I did not expect your assailant to be so persistent. Hopefully this won't take too long to resolve."
"Lord Osevan!" Callie had clearly only just noticed he was there at all. Caleb looks surprised as well.
You're one of the New Chosen? Well, at least we know that one of them are competent this time around- No offense to the rest of you! My sister and I just met Osevan earlier tonight and he was tremendously helpful."

Illven
2014-08-10, 09:35 AM
Abby rolls her eyes. Well, I'm about to prove my use. Name's Abby by the way. She states, turning around from the Prince and Princess to face in Ariel's general direction. She preforms a small sweeping gesture directed at Ariel's area.

Undead, Near superhuman intellect. I assume that's our vampire friend?

Ionbound
2014-08-10, 12:18 PM
And thus, Abby will probably be able to hear something along the lines of, ****! Okay. So this one knows I'm here...But I don't think they can see me. So...I can always run. Let's see how this goes.

Plerumque
2014-08-10, 05:47 PM
"Oh, this just gets better and better," Rowan groans. "Pardon me, your highnesses. Well, miss- Ariel, is it?- we merely want to hold a civil conversation. I find personally that that's a lot easier when you can see the other person," he says, attempting to address the air. He reaches up and taps a strip of leather tied around his head, and his scowl becomes more pronounced as its magic fails to reveal the vampire to his sight. "Now, I'm not going to grovel, but if you value this world at all- even just as a plaything- then I think you're going to want to listen to what the prophet here has to say." Done talking, he steps back and waits to see if his words have any effect.

Zanos
2014-08-13, 06:17 PM
Osevan smiles back at Caleb and Callie. "I appreciate your kind words. I'm sure the others will be capable, it's just a matter of steering them in the right direction. Hopefully I can convince them to trust the wisdom of their elders."

He turns to Abby. "You're quite keen. Thank you."

He focuses his eyes on the area that Abby indicated. He raises his left hand up, letting the sleeve slip down his arm as a small amount of blood seeps out of his arm. It rapidly crystallizes and fires into the area Abby indicated, shattering into brilliant red crystals.

"Ariel, we need to have words. I can guarantee you won't be harmed if you cooperate, and I've always been a man of my word."

Glitterdust
[roll0] Damaging myself with reserves of strength for +3 CL. Total CL 20.
Will save DC 27 vs blindness
-40 Penalty on Hide checks for 20 rounds(no save)
Spot Check: [roll1]

Ionbound
2014-08-13, 07:31 PM
The dust reveals a ghostly figure, floating above the group, who sighs in defeat and descends to the ground, regaining solidity as she does, and eventually lands on the ground as a solid humanoid, covered in ruby dust. Ariel glares at Osevan and says in a withering tone, "Right. Because you've been so oh so merciful towards me in the past."

Will Save: [roll0]

asdflove
2014-08-13, 08:32 PM
The dust reveals a ghostly figure, floating above the group, who sighs in defeat and descends to the ground, regaining solidity as she does, and eventually lands on the ground as a solid humanoid, covered in ruby dust. Ariel glares at Osevan and says in a withering tone, "Right. Because you've been so oh so merciful towards me in the past."

Will Save: [roll0]
"Hello Ariel." Rekylen says dryly. "My name is Rekylen Farsight. I've lived long enough to have seen the world before even the wars. I predicted the coming of the wars, and now... the destruction of the underground." He runs his fingers through his hair, clearly struggling for the words to convince Ariel, and Nekelius speaks up.
"Like his previous prophecy, this new one calls out those who can stop it from happening. You... are one of th, along with Osevan, who I've gathered is your sire, Rowan, Abby, Anarion, and Roylwort."
"Yeah, that. The damage that has been done to the surface has begun to sink down to the tunnels- Roylwort do you still have that stone?"

Illven
2014-08-13, 08:47 PM
Abby smiles and curtsies at the compliment Thank you milord. She says to Osevan, as Ariel descends to the floor, Abby smiles

If we wanted to kill you, we have tried to already, wouldn't we? She points out.

Ionbound
2014-08-13, 09:07 PM
Ariel smirks back and says, "With Osevan, it's never just about the kill...He like to prolong it, to make the victim know he's superior...Like he's prolonged mine for what...Has it been a century now?"

Illven
2014-08-13, 09:51 PM
Ariel smirks back and says, "With Osevan, it's never just about the kill...He like to prolong it, to make the victim know he's superior...Like he's prolonged mine for what...Has it been a century now?"

Abby chuckles. Really, undead? You don't look a century old. Re-kill is probably the word you're looking for. She teases.

Plerumque
2014-08-13, 10:05 PM
"I don't think that's quite what she means," Rowan says, gaze straying to Osevan.

Zanos
2014-08-13, 10:54 PM
Osevan chuckles. "I don't kill for pleasure. Assassins were sent to murder me and my associates. I made their deaths quick, and even generously chose to not only spare your life, but to invite you into my family." His smile and amused tone quickly fade, and he takes a hash tone with Ariel, "And what did you repay me with? An attempt on Prince Calebs life? Trying to enthrall Princess Callie? What have you done with your freedom, exactly? You could at least do one good thing with it and help us prevent the world from dying."

He calms down a bit, running his hand through his hair once. "The Prophet has assured me that all the chosen must be assembled to stop it. This is bigger than a decades old feud between us. There will be nothing left, even for immortals like us, if we do nothing."

Re'ozul
2014-08-17, 11:17 AM
Anarion

He can't help but feel adressed when talk comes to 'immortals', yet so far he has not dared to make much noise.
He simply lacks the information to do so.

"Excuse me. I have now heard you talk about the destruction of the underground several times. Yet my knowledge about these things is sorely lacking as I am new to it. Could you perhaps explain? Is the threat environmental? Planar?" he stops for a moment, fearing the worst "Infernal?"

asdflove
2014-08-17, 11:48 AM
Anarion

He can't help but feel adressed when talk comes to 'immortals', yet so far he has not dared to make much noise.
He simply lacks the information to do so.

"Excuse me. I have now heard you talk about the destruction of the underground several times. Yet my knowledge about these things is sorely lacking as I am new to it. Could you perhaps explain? Is the threat environmental? Planar?" he stops for a moment, fearing the worst "Infernal?"

"I'm fairly sure I already told you that the same fate that befell the surface was to move underground, and in fact already has started to."

Ionbound
2014-08-17, 02:02 PM
Ariel glares and says, "This whole thing was to protect Callie from your depredations. The cat was a spy, and when that failed, I had no choice other than to try to take her for myself before you could enslave her. But...If the world is truly at risk, I have no better option than to help you. It would be...bad if what befell the surface occurred here as well."

Bluff Check because that first bit was a massive lie.

[roll0]

Zanos
2014-08-23, 01:40 PM
A smile creeps back onto Osevan's face. "I assure you that the interest I have in Princess Callie would be of mutual benefit to both of our subjects. You must have little confidence in her guardians if you thought it necessary to stalk them down here."

"Well, Reklyn, if Ariel has agreed to play her part in this prophecy, what would you have of us? We are all assembled."

asdflove
2014-08-26, 09:33 PM
A smile creeps back onto Osevan's face. "I assure you that the interest I have in Princess Callie would be of mutual benefit to both of our subjects. You must have little confidence in her guardians if you thought it necessary to stalk them down here."

"Well, Reklyn, if Ariel has agreed to play her part in this prophecy, what would you have of us? We are all assembled."

"Finally. I'm just going to start from the beginning, even though I've already told some of you this." He runs his hand through his hair. "Approximately 400 years ago I gave a prophecy that predicted the 300 year war that preceded the move underground and how, and who, to stop it. They... failed, and the worst thing possible happened. From here, most of you know where it goes. Everything started dying and there was a chaotic frenzy to get away from the surface, thus the move underground. Which worked for a little while, then about... three months ago, along comes another prophecy. One that predicts the same thing happening to the underground unless you 7 stop it. Past that, what I know is sketchy. You have to go to the dead tunnels, the epicenter of what's happening, and investigate. That much is clear, but after that I'm not sure. I can take you out there, you can only enter them from the surface, but from there on, I can't be involved... Any questions?"
Caleb raises his hand, and without even looking at him Rekylen says "Not you Caleb."

Illven
2014-08-26, 09:35 PM
Well he might have a good question, something one of us fails to consider. Abby points out pointing to Caleb

Ionbound
2014-08-26, 09:42 PM
Ariel glances back at Callie and Caleb as she says, "Seven...That includes the prince and princess, correct? Also, just curious. Was Osevan chosen 300 years ago?"

asdflove
2014-08-26, 11:14 PM
Well he might have a good question, something one of us fails to consider. Abby points out pointing to Caleb
"Alright. Caleb, what is it?"
"What could possibly be in the dead tunnels Prophet Rekylen. They're just an old military base that was afflicted just as badly as the surface from the get-go, aren't they?"
"Yes and no. The source of this awful curse was in those tunnels."

Ariel glances back at Callie and Caleb as she says, "Seven...That includes the prince and princess, correct? Also, just curious. Was Osevan chosen 300 years ago?"

"No and... No. The first was a group of six ladies that I had high hopes for, but I don't know if they ever even made it there... and when I say seven I mean You, Osevan, Abby, Anarion, Sasha, Roylwort, and Rowan." He nods to each person as he says their name.

Zanos
2014-09-01, 09:51 PM
Osevan adjusts his coat, smiling at Reklyn. "Perhaps a good thing I was not chosen all those years ago. Paranoia is an effective armor, but would have caused me to dismiss you as a madman or a schemer. I have learned from my mistakes, and do not intend to repeat them. Unless you have further wisdom to share, I have no questions."

Ionbound
2014-09-01, 09:54 PM
Ariel nods and says, "I see. I have no further questions."

Plerumque
2014-09-02, 06:28 AM
Rowan clears his throat. "I will need to go and get Kantos. I left him at home for the ball, as he can sometimes be rude. Are there any other supplies you might recommend we acquire for the trip? I have a fair amount of money saved, and although I was intending it for retirement I would much rather have a world to retire in."

Re'ozul
2014-09-02, 08:46 AM
Anarion

He appears in thought for some moments, then speaks.

"I understand. I had assumed the emptiness and lifelessness to be the result of some toxin, or some disease. I had never given it much thought once I had found myself to seemingly not be affected. The surface's barrenness is what finally brought me enough boredom and desperation to return here. An equal disaster happening here would be ... unfortunate."