PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Party Compositions

p.d0t
2014-04-17, 12:33 AM
What are some examples of parties you played in where there was great synergy between classes, or just generally had a lot of fun because of how the party was put together?

I rather enjoy playing an off-tank STR/WIS paladin or Blackguard in our party, with a multi-attacking/close burst fighter as the main tank. Our bard is also awesome, although he tends to outshine my Blackguard in the skills department.

Juzer
2014-04-17, 04:06 AM
I would just say about this, that rogues works good with most warlord, because of the free attacks (which means more opportunities to backstab), except the Inspiring Warlord:
that's because his signature feature is to give allies heal when they use an action point, but a rogue just will to maximize his advantages and mostly use the action point right in the first turn (maybe double-backstabbing the same enemy if he has the right feat) and so probably losing always that heal bonus

on the other hand, I never found a good party for the Swordmage: it's accustomed to engage always secondary targets and defend letting enemies hit his allies, so he very rarely is in the main melee spot and rarely gets damage buffs against the main target (and not concentrating damages is the classic bad tactic)