PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Jermlaine Druid. 3.5 Optimization

Grams
2014-04-17, 02:22 AM
Race: Jermlaine, tiny Fey (MMII, 3.5 Update Book)
Level: 4, Druid
-8 Strength
+6 Dexterity
-2 Constitution
-2 Intelligence
+6 Wisdom
-4 Charisma
LA +0

I'm about to start in a small party Under Mountain campaign... Our DM has told us that it will be a very challenging tour.

How can I take advantage, and optimize, the particular race I've chosen?

Are there any Fey or Tiny(size) specific feats, items, ect., that come to mind, to which I could take advantage?

A few ideas that capitalize on the race so far:
Underfoot Combat Feat
Wildclapsed Monk's Belt (when affordable)
Darkstalker Feat

Any advice would be appreciated--taking into account that Wildshape forms will become more and more of a mainstay. I still have about a week to build him.

eggynack
2014-04-17, 02:33 AM
As you are a non-humanoid, the most interesting thing I can think of is fangshields druid substitution levels (CV, 40). The 5th level ability lets you get hands in a wild shape for no drawback, so you're pretty much required by law to take that one, the 4th level ability lets you trade resist nature's lure for the ability to convert non-orisons into cure light wounds, which is a good trade unless you're trading the ability for something else, and the 7th level ability trades a wild shape use for medium humanoid forms. That last ability is somewhat interesting, though it's also probably the ability of most dubious value.

Additionally, I'd advise picking up the dragonborn template (RotD, 8), which boosts constitution by 2, lowers dexterity by 2, and trades away all of your non-existent jermlaine racial traits for nifty dragonborn racial traits. As for the dragonborn trait, I'd go with mind, because the other two don't really work in a wild shape. Dragonborn can be combined with fangshields, incidentally.

Grams
2014-04-17, 02:46 AM
I might be able to get away with Fangshield substitution levels... though I don't think Champions of Valor is a 3.5 book. I'll ask my DM as the benefits are definitely worth the trades.
I doubt I'll be able to take on the Dragonborn template as it would be very hard to justify dragon lineage in a jermlaine...

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-17, 06:39 AM
Jerms
GROSS