PDA

View Full Version : Minor help with my Jorasco Cleric

Gwachitallemall
2014-04-17, 05:48 AM
Okay, so what I have here is a Halfling Cloistered Cleric of House Jorasco, going into Sovereign Speaker and Contemplative.

I have my feats planned out-

1. Least Dragonmark
Flaw. Augment Healing
Flaw. Worldly Focus
3 Touch of Healing
6 Lesser Dragonmark
9 Greater Dragonmark
12 Spontaneous Domains (I think that's the name. The one that allows you to not have to prepare your domains.) Or Dragonmark Visionary
15 Empower Spell
18 Divine Metamagic Empower

Yes, yes. I know healing isn't optimized, but here's the party. A paladin, LG, who is going straight class Pally. Doesn't know that much about the game. Two Artificers, one I'd put at effective tier 3 because he underplays his character badly, and the other tier 2. I'm looking for a build that slots in there, helps out the party. Most of my actual spells will be to flavor of a doctor, healing others of sicknesses.

I'm level 10, with these domains and devotions.
Domains: Feast, Community, Travel, Healing, Knowledge
Devotions:Travel Devotion, Animal Devotion, Protection Devotion

My Dragonmark choices: Lesser Restoration, Restoration, Heal.

I'm reading sovereign speaker as most restrictive reading, meaning I can't have more than 2 domains from the same god at any time once I enter the class.

This is a pure eberron game, so here's what's allowed. Any Eberron books, no other campaign books, Complete series is allowed, as well as unearthed arcana. I can pull spells from anywhere, but someone's still upset from the last time I wrecked her campaign with nightsticks, so book of bad latin is not allowed.

I have spellcasting of 9th level, and a 19 Wisdom, 18 Charisma. I'm looking for non offensive or non battlefield control spells, that fit the flavor of a lawful good doctor making sure people don't get hurt.

Also looking for items, I have free reign to refluff any items to eberron terms, at least that are in my book selection. I already have, but am willing to change-
Equipment: +1 Glamoured Mithral Breastplate (Looks like Church Robes) 7950 GP
Silvered Holy Symbol of each Sovereign Host God- Boldrei, Dol Arrah, Arawai, Olladra, Onatar, Dol Dorn, Aureon, Ballnor, Kol Korran- 225 GP
MW Spear, MW Halberd, MW Morning Star, MW Sickle, MW Warhammer, MW Longsword, MW Quarterstaff, MW Battleaxe, MW Heavy Mace
~3000 GP.
Ring of Mystical Healing (3500 GP)
Handy Haversack (2000 GP)
- Has in it: 2 Wands of Lesser Vigor: CL 1 (11 Rounds) (1500 GP)
- 5 Remove Fear Potions (250 GP)
- 5 Protection from Evil Potions (250 GP)
- Wand of Shield of Faith +3: CL 6 (4500 GP)
- Wand of Bull’s Strength: CL 3 (4500 GP)
- 4 Potions of Remove Disease (3000 GP)
- 4 Potions of Remove Curse (3000 GP)
- 4 Potions of Remove Blindness/deafness (3000 GP)
- Wand of Aid: CL 3 (4500 GP)
- 10 Blessed Bandage (100 GP)
- Cornucopia of the Needful (Relic, Arawai) 6000 GP
- Belt of Healing (750 GP)
If someone wants to figure out the actual cost of all those MW items is, I'd appreciate it. I was AFB.

Edit: I've changed the potions to scrolls, to save on cost. Still fits the concept.

My current character is a druid, who is taking the spot light, and I'm just trying to avoid that.

TL;DR: I'm looking for suggestions for help on my cleric, that isn't trying to take the spotlight or be overpowered.

Xerlith
2014-04-17, 08:05 AM
It seems like you have this pretty much figured out. I feel a bit sorry for the pally though, being in a team with 2 artificers and a cleric. Point him to the Exorcist of the Silver Flame at the very least... :smallbiggrin:

Are you sure you need all these Remove X potions?
What spell choice are you going for?

Gwachitallemall
2014-04-17, 08:16 AM
The remove potions are the flavor left over from being a physician. Spell choice is going to be more of the same, sanctuary, but most of what I was having trouble with was the spells.

I've felt bad for the paladin since the beginning. The dm gave him a glidewing huge size as his mount, so there is that. He also has a sunsword, at level 10.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-04-17, 09:18 AM
Remember that members of House Jorasco can't give healing without payment so remember to invoice your party at the end of every adventure :smallbiggrin:

Also why do you have a holy symbol of every Sovereign when you have the worldly focus feat? I'm pretty sure you can have a single holy symbol of the Sovereign host if you really want one.

Gwachitallemall
2014-04-17, 09:56 AM
Same reason I have a MW weapon for every single one. Its for the flavor of representing each god, when I cast long spells (like heroes feast) I'll drone on about the blessings and achievements of the host. (Boldrei and arawai, mostly. Since both of them have a domain with heroes feast.)

Big Fau
2014-04-17, 10:01 AM
Since you're going into Sovereign Speaker, replace Touch of Healing with Spontaneous Domains (or Empower Spell+DMM, since you can get magic items to do that for you).

Supermonkeyjoe is right BTW, you don't need all of those holy symbols at all; Worldly Focus turns you into a holy symbol.

Edit: Also, read this. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1072.0)

Gwachitallemall
2014-04-17, 10:10 AM
Since you're going into Sovereign Speaker, replace Touch of Healing with Spontaneous Domains (or Empower Spell+DMM, since you can get magic items to do that for you).

Supermonkeyjoe is right BTW, you don't need all of those holy symbols at all; Worldly Focus turns you into a holy symbol.

Edit: Also, read this. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1072.0)
Yeah, that guide I've been looking at a lot. I have spontaneous domains slotted as 12th level right now. As for holy symbols, flavor.

As for payments, I'll be invoicing them for my part of the share, which they paid in advance.