PDA

View Full Version : New Subrace: Leaf Elf

Raistlin1040
2007-02-07, 11:55 PM
This humanoid is slender and about the hight of a human. It has light brown skin and sandy blonde hair. It's ears are pointed have green tips.

Known as Leaf elves because of their green-tipped ears these elves have given up modern society for a more relaxed life in the forest. Occasionally they travel as nomads, traveling around spreading peace in their wake. They follow the gods of nature and balance.

Leaf Elf Traits (Ex): These traits are in addition to high elf traits except where noted.
+2 Strength, -2 Charisma. Leaf elves are stronger and hardier then their cousins but less nimble and find themselves at odds when it comes to conversation.
A leaf elf doesn't get a search bonus or get the ability to sense secret doors. Instead they get a +2 to survival checks.
Superior low-light vision as the aquatic elf ability of the same name
Favored class: Druid. This replaces a high elf's favored class

Any questions/comments/suggestions?

Fear_Zod
2007-02-07, 11:59 PM
In fluff they sound simalar to wild and wood elfs, so why another forest elf subrace ?

mmmm that reminds me i should stat my larva elfs, elfs that live in/on/under and around volcanos

Macrovore
2007-02-08, 12:09 AM
no...more...elf subraces

Caewil
2007-02-08, 06:07 AM
Why don't we just let the players make up their own races?

Like a point-buy for races.

Start with 50 points or something, darkvision costs 10 points, etc.

onasuma
2007-02-08, 06:18 AM
there are spreadsheets for that around, if you know where to look

Twisted.Fate
2007-02-08, 12:09 PM
no...more...elf subraces

Amen! Amen!

Druid
2007-02-08, 12:11 PM
Balance wise it seams fine, but in a world with wild elves, wood elves and five thousand other kinds of non elves this seams kind of unnecessary.

homerjay
2007-02-08, 12:30 PM
mmmm that reminds me i should stat my larva elfs,

Lord of the Flies? or possible Monarch?

Back to Subject, IMO they look balanced, and if you are creating these for a homebrew campaign there is nothing wrong with building more Subraces. Its the color of it that adds to a campaign and maybe the 100 other elven subraces didn't fit your bill. Good Luck.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-08, 07:07 PM
This race was designed for my campaign I'm running in about a week where there aren't any other subraces other than this one. The wild and wood elves aren't around.

Matthew
2007-02-09, 09:53 AM
Why don't we just let the players make up their own races?

Like a point-buy for races.

Start with 50 points or something, darkvision costs 10 points, etc.

Heh, that was how it was in (A)D&D 2.x by the time of the Player's Option Series. I liked it.

Woot Spitum
2007-02-09, 10:01 AM
It's like the more balanced version of the half-orc.