PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] dragon fire adept at higher level

Raezeman
2014-04-17, 07:53 AM
So, my dragonfire adept just reached level 11, and up until now, i have been absolutely sure about what to take for him in the area of feats, breath effects and invocations. But for coming levels, i would like some advice. Also, metabreath feats are no-go.

The character is human and neutral neutral-evil. he has:
feats:
ability focus [breath weapon]
entangling exhalation
draconic aura [vigor] (not sure if technically allowed, but DM approved it after discussion)
frightful presence
draconic aura [energy-fire]

invocation:
endure exposure
see the unseen
walk unseen
draconic flight
chilling fog

breath effects:
lightning breath
slow breath
enduring breath

The only thing i'm pretty sure about is getting the breath effect "five folded breath of tiamat" at level 15, but really not sure about levels 12 and 20 (current thoughts standing on thundering and force breath)

Feats and evocations are really unsure. I'm thinking about greater draconic flight at level 18 and combining it with expeditious dodge, but is it worth it?
Energy immunity at level 16 seems a good idea, but what about draconic thoughness? is it worth it when i already have a massive constitution?
I'm also thinking extra invocation to get humanoid shape or energy resistance.

So any suggesting, preferable from those who have played a dragonfire adept to higher levels and can tell me why or why not something would be worth it.

My team consists out of a dual wielder thrall of demogorgon who has a freakishly powerful evil morningstar, who can deal massive damage, and a dread necromancer who just started an small undead army.
I have most HP in the group thanks to my massive constitution and not bad AC, i'm going a bit for the role of tank and mainly focus on entangling followed by enduring breaths in the next round

Shining Wrath
2014-04-17, 09:14 AM
You can't go wrong with Flyby Attack combined with flight invocations. You have a breath weapon; now you can make strafing runs.

Edit: my DM let me take Aura (Vigor) last time I played a DA.