PDA

View Full Version : Leadership questions 3.5

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-17, 01:18 PM
I'm going to take leadership at level 9. How do y'all normally implement it? For followers does a DM assign me people, or if there's a large enough group do I get to roll lvl 1 characters?

What's the weakest combat class without casting? Like some sort of thug.

Also when my leadership score hits 13, do I have 10 lvl 1 followers AND 1 lvl 2, or is it one or the other?

Thanks gang! I'm excited about my anarchist mob! :)

Thorvaldr
2014-04-17, 01:23 PM
When you hit Leadership 13, you get all of the above! (So 10 level 1, 1 level 2.)

For the weaker combat class, you're probably looking at NPC classes, I'd say Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/npcClasses/warrior.htm).

And in terms of deciding on the followers, you can go it either way. I've seen DM's assign them, and I've seen players assign them. Usually how I've seen it done is the player designs the cohort, and probably a few of his higher level followers, and the rest are carbon-copies of each other, probably warriors, maybe with a few clerics or adept thrown into the mix for good measure. Maybe a couple of experts to mend/make weapons/armor for your followers.

Red Fel
2014-04-17, 01:30 PM
I'm going to take leadership at level 9. How do y'all normally implement it? For followers does a DM assign me people, or if there's a large enough group do I get to roll lvl 1 characters?

What's the weakest combat class without casting? Like some sort of thug.

Also when my leadership score hits 13, do I have 10 lvl 1 followers AND 1 lvl 2, or is it one or the other?

Thanks gang! I'm excited about my anarchist mob! :)

Given that Followers tend to be low-level NPCs, you're probably going to end up with NPC classes, like the Adept, Expert, and Warrior. These Followers will not level up. Further, given the fact that your Leadership score tends to suffer if you get your Followers killed, you're probably not going to want many of them wading into melee against vastly superior forces.

Second, Followers - like most aspects of Leadership - tend to be DM discretionary. You don't control them; the DM does. You don't choose who shows up (although you can express an out-of-character preference); the DM does. And given that they're supposed to be entirely uncomplicated, there's a good chance they will all be identically built and statted, barring racial modifiers or the like.

The Leadership score table shows how many Followers you get based on your Leadership score. Thus, at Leadership 12 you have 8 first-level Followers; at 13 you gain two more first-level Followers and one second-level Follower.

Enjoy your minions.