PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 superhero 1 shot

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-17, 04:41 PM
Lvl 6 one shot tonight.
Pair a hero with a class and a brief explanation.

Ex: batman. Ninja.
Use bolas and shuriken on enemies then grapple and tie them.

Gavinfoxx
2014-04-17, 05:02 PM
You mean swordsage/factotum with wbl breaking gear for batman, right? Ninja is way too weak...

And you know 3.5e at tier 3 and better is already medieval and renaissance superheroes, right?

Lightlawbliss
2014-04-17, 05:22 PM
And you know 3.5e at tier 3 and better is already medieval and renaissance superheroes, right?

Teir 3+ doesn't mean it is superhero and things below t3 could still be a superhero. Frankly, level 6+ is superhero material or better.

it might help if you gave some more information on the kind of hero you are after and how accurate you want to be.

Spiderman: unarmed swordsage who carries the web spell in some form. Swordsage has all of spiderman's abilities save shooting webs as maneuvers. unarmed cause obvious reasons.

flash: probolly a monk and a high move speed race

TheIronGolem
2014-04-17, 05:37 PM
You mean swordsage/factotum with wbl breaking gear for batman, right?
You forgot to add "while somehow having full BAB and all good saves"

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-17, 07:36 PM
I like the Spider-Man idea. I'd love anything obscure!

Gavinfoxx
2014-04-17, 07:43 PM
I think there are some old builds that statted out most incarnations of various superheroes, some time ago. Back on Brilliantgameologists or even the old wotc charop forums, maybe?

Rubik
2014-04-17, 07:47 PM
I like the Spider-Man idea. I'd love anything obscure!How about a wand of Web, a dorje of Entangling Ectoplasm, and a dorje of Ectoplasmic Cocoon? (All are in the SRD.) Keep them in wand bracers, so you have the "point and fire" aspect that Spider-Man has with his webshooters. I don't know of any spells or powers that act as a web grappling-hook, though there is the rod of ropes, I suppose.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-17, 09:32 PM
We're about to play. Any other ideas?

Lightlawbliss
2014-04-17, 09:47 PM
We're about to play. Any other ideas?

artificer for tony stark

wizard and/or druid for... most supper heros

Troacctid
2014-04-18, 03:10 AM
It's hard for me not to see Warlocks as superheroes. I mean, just look at their abilities: shooting laser beams, walking on walls, talking to animals, teleportation, invisibility, flight, supernatural athletics, mind-manipulation...it's like an X-Men roll call.

Gavinfoxx
2014-04-18, 08:21 AM
It's hard for me not to see Warlocks as superheroes. I mean, just look at their abilities: shooting laser beams, walking on walls, talking to animals, teleportation, invisibility, flight, supernatural athletics, mind-manipulation...it's like an X-Men roll call.

This. You should totally encourage people to have a few Warlock levels... Swordsage is also very useful...